PDA

View Full Version : Which second round prospect from 2012 has a chance to shock the NBA?

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-24-2012, 07:43 PM
I've been watching a lot of the kids who recently came out this year, college as well as the summer league, and it seems to me there are some hidden gems gotten in the second who can really contribute to a team.

Of all these second round prospects who do you is most likely to "shock" the NBA? Or do you just think none of them will?

Here's the list:

Jeffery Taylor, SF, Bobcats

Tomáš Satoranský, PG, Wizards

Bernard James, PF, Mavericks

Jae Crowder, SF, Mavericks

Draymond Green, PF, Warriors

Orlando Johnson, SG, Pacers

Quincy Acy, SF/PF, Raptors

Quincy Miller, PF , Denver Nuggets

Khris Middleton , SF, Pistons

Will Barton, SG, Blazers

Tyshawn Taylor , PG , Nets

Doron Lamb , SG , Bucks

Mike Scott , PF, Hawks

Kim English, SG, Pistons

Justin Hamilton, C , Heat

Darius Miller, SF, Hornets

Kevin Murphy,SG, Jazz

Kostas Papanikolaou, SF, Knicks (I believe he isnt coming over yet)

Kyle O'Quinn,C, Magic

İzzet Türkyılmaz ,PF, Nuggets

Kris Joseph, SF, Celtics

Ognjen Kuzmić ,C, Warriors

Furkan Aldemir, PF, Clippers

Tornike Shengelia, SF/PF, Nets

Darius Johnson-Odom, SG, Lakers

Tomislav Zubčić, SF/PF, Raptors

İlkan Karaman, PF, Nets

Robbie Hummel, PF, Timberwolves

Marcus Denmon,PG, Spurs

Robert Sacre, C, Lakers

I would make a poll but I'm not 100% on whos going overseas or who might be cut. But anyways, select a name if you please and explain why. If I got a team wrong or player wrong let me know!

asandhu23
07-24-2012, 08:15 PM
Kuzmic will never play. I am going with Draymond Green. I think he can be the next great defensive stopper.

nirvana235
07-24-2012, 08:19 PM
Who knows

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-24-2012, 08:23 PM
I look at 3 prospects that I think will contribute right out of the gate.

First (I'll be bias for a minute), my man Tornike Shengelia or "Toko" has done great in the summer league and looks like a lock down defender. He is very offensively gifted and powerful. He should be a great player in the league and I'm happy that hes coming off the bench for my team.

Second, Darius Miller, I'm a Kentucky fan so I guess this maybe bias as well but I think he will be the "utility man" for the Hornets. He can play PG, SG, SF, and PF and play the positions well. Thats an asset not many teams can say they have. In a sense I believe he can be the ultimate 6th man.

Third, Jae Crowder, Hes impressed me a lot in the summer league this year and personally I think he can be Marions eventual replacement. He is an excellent 3 point shooter, very tough all over the floor, and a very active defender. If polished correctly the Mavs will be very happy with him playing the 3.

rocket
07-24-2012, 08:30 PM
Kim English

Angry Norwegian
07-24-2012, 08:31 PM
Robbie Hummel hits shots.

Six-8-TheWizard
07-24-2012, 08:35 PM
I've been watching a lot of the kids who recently came out this year, college as well as the summer league, and it seems to me there are some hidden gems gotten in the second who can really contribute to a team.

Of all these second round prospects who do you is most likely to "shock" the NBA? Or do you just think none of them will?

Here's the list:

Jeffery Taylor, SF, Bobcats

Tomáš Satoranský, PG, Wizards

Bernard James, PF, Mavericks

Jae Crowder, SF, Mavericks

Draymond Green, PF, Warriors

Orlando Johnson, SG, Pacers

Quincy Acy, SF/PF, Raptors

Quincy Miller, PF , Denver Nuggets

Khris Middleton , SF, Pistons

Will Barton, SG, Blazers

Tyshawn Taylor , PG , Nets

Doron Lamb , SG , Bucks

Mike Scott , PF, Hawks

Kim English, SG, Pistons

Justin Hamilton, C , Heat

Darius Miller, SF, Hornets

Kevin Murphy,SG, Jazz

Kostas Papanikolaou, SF, Knicks (I believe he isnt coming over yet)

Kyle O'Quinn,C, Magic

İzzet Türkyılmaz ,PF, Nuggets

Kris Joseph, SF, Celtics

Ognjen Kuzmić ,C, Warriors

Furkan Aldemir, PF, Clippers

Tornike Shengelia, SF/PF, Nets

Darius Johnson-Odom, SG, Lakers

Tomislav Zubčić, SF/PF, Raptors

İlkan Karaman, PF, Nets

Robbie Hummel, PF, Timberwolves

Marcus Denmon,PG, Spurs

Robert Sacre, C, Lakers

I would make a poll but I'm not 100% on whos going overseas or who might be cut. But anyways, select a name if you please and explain why. If I got a team wrong or player wrong let me know!

Bolded are ones who I think will end up being steals of the 2nd round

Santoransky just seems like he will be a great player based on videos Ive seen of him.

Draymond Green will be like a Boris Diaw kind of player I think. Can do a bit of everything and is a smart player, just slept on cause he was a senior

Acy I bolded because of the homer in me :D, but I actually think that he can make a career for himself as a hustle player reggie evans/kenneth faried kind of guy.

Quincy Miller was supposed to be one of the top players in this draft before his injury, and knee injuries like that take longer than a year to fully recover from. I expect him to be a huge steal assuming he can stay healthy.

Tyshawn Taylor if he gets the opportunity to play can provide good shooting and defense and could be a starter in this league imo

Other guys I think will have success are Sacre as a solid post defender (he impressed me when playing against some of the top prospects), Doron lamb in a bench scoring role, and maybe Robbie Hummel just mainly cause I wanna see him do well, but hes gotta make the team first lol.

Edit forgot about Shengelia too. He was impressive in Summer league

Six-8-TheWizard
07-24-2012, 08:37 PM
I look at 3 prospects that I think will contribute right out of the gate.

First (I'll be bias for a minute), my man Tornike Shengelia or "Toko" has done great in the summer league and looks like a lock down defender. He is very offensively gifted and powerful. He should be a great player in the league and I'm happy that hes coming off the bench for my team.

Second, Darius Miller, I'm a Kentucky fan so I guess this maybe bias as well but I think he will be the "utility man" for the Hornets. He can play PG, SG, SF, and PF and play the positions well. Thats an asset not many teams can say they have. In a sense I believe he can be the ultimate 6th man.

Third, Jae Crowder, Hes impressed me a lot in the summer league this year and personally I think he can be Marions eventual replacement. He is an excellent 3 point shooter, very tough all over the floor, and a very active defender. If polished correctly the Mavs will be very happy with him playing the 3.

Another good choice. For some reason I thought he went in the first round lol. Must have him confused with someone else

BradHolt4CYoung
07-24-2012, 08:38 PM
Besides those mentioned, I like the Kyle O'quinn pick for the Magic. I remember seeing him play and being impressed.

ThunderousDemon
07-24-2012, 08:44 PM
Robert Sacre

MrfadeawayJB
07-24-2012, 11:55 PM
Will Barton
Quincy Miller
Kim English

in that order

aussie
07-25-2012, 03:56 AM
Darius Miller

MiamiBoy77
07-25-2012, 04:26 AM
Kim English is a stud

5ass
07-25-2012, 04:35 AM
kyle o'quinn... remember the name.. We dont need d12. :laugh: no, but i think he will be a decent back up.

Kjthunder
07-25-2012, 04:47 AM
bernard james
Jae crowder
jeffrey taylor

Kobes a Killer
07-25-2012, 05:09 AM
Whoever the Spurs took, they seem to get the best out of a bunch of dudes i've never freaking heard of

Bravo95
07-25-2012, 05:11 AM
No question for me it's Will Barton. The Hawks forum regulars know I wanted him in the late first, dude was productive in all areas at U of Memphis -- efficient scorer, rebounds well for his position, facilitates, also has good range. He just needed to put on about 20lbs so he can hold his own against biggers SGs. Portland got a steal with him, and Lillard.

Riff Raff
07-25-2012, 05:33 AM
I think Quincy Miller will shock the NBA. At one point he was looked at as a top 8 pick, and he fell for obvious reasons but I think he'll be pretty decent. I expect Lamb to be pretty decent as well

King41
07-25-2012, 06:14 AM
easy question

biggest impact j.crowder
and b.james will get the backup center spot !

theheatles
07-25-2012, 09:28 AM
Justin Hamilton will have the best chance to succeed, but homerism aside, probably Will Barton

eternal slumber
07-25-2012, 09:44 AM
Will Barton will be ballin in Portland.

Forever35
07-25-2012, 10:39 AM
Jeffrey Taylor
Doron Lamb
Kyle O'Quinn

eaglesfanphilly
07-25-2012, 10:40 AM
Jeffrey Taylor
Doron Lamb
Kyle O'Quinn

:cricket:

Toastyy
07-25-2012, 11:18 AM
Quincy miller and jae crowder

yanks19791024
07-25-2012, 11:39 AM
Tyshawn Taylor

AnthonyTyrael
07-25-2012, 11:44 AM
Crowder and James are my picks but I expect more 2nd rounders to impress.

KingsPhillies
07-25-2012, 01:02 PM
I've been saying this since before the draft, and I'm going to keep saying it until he proves me right: Kim English!

A lot of teams(mine included) are going to regret passing on this guy.

Delusional
07-25-2012, 01:57 PM
Draymond Green is my pick. Dude can flat out score. He'll be a big contributor for the Warriors.

Monta is beast
07-25-2012, 05:41 PM
Draymond Green. People are starting to think he'll have a better season than Barnes.

fadedmario
07-25-2012, 06:03 PM
Kim English has a nice game.

He will get minutes right away in Detroit with Ben Gordon getting traded. Think Afflalo 2.0

Mr.gates
07-25-2012, 06:19 PM
Jae crowder big east player of the year is not something to look over. Lamb Drummond waiters were all first rounders. Think of him as the ballet formally known as Ron artest