PDA

View Full Version : Ronnie Brewer to sign with New York Knicks

Pages : [1] 2

LTBaByyy
07-24-2012, 12:14 PM
"@daldridgetnt: Knicks continue to build backcourt, agreeing 2 terms with ex-Bull Ronnie Brewer on one-year deal, per source. Check the Hang Time Bkog soon."

"@AlexKennedyNBA: I just spoke to Ronnie Brewer, who confirmed that he's signing a one-year deal with the New York Knicks."

That bench is looking good!

TeamSeattle
07-24-2012, 12:18 PM
Kidd, Shumpert, Brewer, Camby, Chandler....and who says we won't be a top defensive team now. Let's go baby.

$KnicksAndKobe$
07-24-2012, 12:18 PM
They were a top 5 defensive team with Woodson so now there should be no argument that they are in the discussion for top 3 with the new additions.

seikou8
07-24-2012, 12:20 PM
yeah boyyyyyyyy

LakersIn5
07-24-2012, 12:21 PM
damn! wanted lal to get him

Losoway
WOAHHHH.....THATS a great pickup. brewer defensive is scary

KnickNyKnick
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjQVDQ2d_UU&feature=player_detailpage

oh yeh

Longhornfan1234
07-24-2012, 12:23 PM
Kidd, Shumpert, Brewer, Camby, Chandler....and who says we won't be a top defensive team now. Let's go baby.

:facepalm:

seikou8
07-24-2012, 12:26 PM

meloman1592
07-24-2012, 12:27 PM
Great pickup.....being able to throw jr, shump, and brewer at wade and joe johnson is huge.

bigsams50
07-24-2012, 12:27 PM
Solid signing. Brings some much needed D to the Knicks

BklynKnicks3
07-24-2012, 12:28 PM
nice additon more defense more guys to throw on wade n joe johnson

MassoDio
07-24-2012, 12:30 PM
He isn't as good of a one on one defender as people give him credit for.

However, he is a very good help defender and team defender. Under Woodson, he will be a nice addition. Don't expect him to be a lock down guy, but do expect him to come up with big plays at some key moments.

Plus, you will find that his jump shot is horrible (though it goes in more than you would think with how ugly it is due to a broken elbow when he was young), but he is amazing at finishing around the basket.

allSUAVE
07-24-2012, 12:30 PM
Brewer got Joe "slow" Johnson ..we don't believe you in NEWYORK

Jetsguy
07-24-2012, 12:31 PM
Nice!
One of the deepest teams in the league!

mightybosstone
07-24-2012, 12:31 PM
The New York Knicks... Where they continue to sign mediocre-average bench free agents, but they won't spend the money to re-sign the most important star player the franchise has had in over a decade. I like the Brewer signing, but unless Lin is terrible next season or the Knicks make a run to at least the conference finals, this offseason will be seen as a failure.

Punk
07-24-2012, 12:32 PM
Great move. Now, get Delfino.

TeamSeattle
07-24-2012, 12:32 PM
The New York Knicks... Where they continue to sign mediocre-average bench free agents, but they won't spent the money to re-sign the most important star player the franchise has had in over a decade. I like the Brewer signing, but unless Lin is terrible next season or the Knicks make a run to at least the conference finals, this offseason will be seen as a failure.

Hey genius we had no money to give out. We were below the vet's minimum in this deal anyways. Stop trying to find a reason to hate

seikou8
07-24-2012, 12:34 PM
I KNOW ITS NOT THAT SERIOUS BECAUSE HE IS NOT A STAR OR ANYTHING BUT DO THE LT BABY:dance:

JesusNYY_Savior
still doesnt solve our lack of a starting sg problem.. ronnie has no offense

showtym24
Back up 2 gaurd market running pretty thin. Lakers need to wake up and get someone to back up kobe.

Punk
07-24-2012, 12:35 PM

However, he is a very good help defender and team defender. Under Woodson, he will be a nice addition. Don't expect him to be a lock down guy, but do expect him to come up with big plays at some key moments.

Plus, you will find that his jump shot is horrible (though it goes in more than you would think with how ugly it is due to a broken elbow when he was young), but he is amazing at finishing around the basket.
Woodson's defense is more of a trap/help defense style which create steals. In that case, Brewer will fit in nicely.

The New York Knicks... Where they continue to sign mediocre-average bench free agents, but they won't spent the money to re-sign the most important star player the franchise has had in over a decade. I like the Brewer signing, but unless Lin is terrible next season or the Knicks make a run to at least the conference finals, this offseason will be seen as a failure.

:laugh:

Incredible.

mightybosstone
07-24-2012, 12:35 PM
Hey genius we had no money to give out. We were below the vet's minimum in this deal anyways. Stop trying to find a reason to hate

I'm not "trying to find a reason to hate." Hell, as a Rockets fan, I'm incredibly pleased that they didn't match Houston's offer on Lin. But unless this team seriously contends or Lin is a huge bust, the decision to not keep Lin will be seen as a huge mistake and all of these little additions won't have made much of a difference.

seikou8
07-24-2012, 12:36 PM
The New York Knicks... Where they continue to sign mediocre-average bench free agents, but they won't spend the money to re-sign the most important star player the franchise has had in over a decade. I like the Brewer signing, but unless Lin is terrible next season or the Knicks make a run to at least the conference finals, this offseason will be seen as a failure.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm: nba where 25 starts makes you a star and overrated now that's he is not knick

MassoDio
Woodson's defense is more of a trap/help defense style which create steals. In that case, Brewer will fit in nicely.

I agree...that's why I said under Woodson, he would be a nice addition. I was just trying to give a little insight into what to expect out of him. From a guy who watched an awful lot of him.

cubbies7177

Agree with almost everything you said.

1. GREAT in team defense. So solid. Not necessarily a lock down one-on-one player, but can really bolster a team defense and give you some timely steals etc... This guy will get you PUMPED UP.

2. Horrible jumpshot. It's improving, but he needs to get even better. Regardless, INCREDIBLE slasher. He will team up well with the experienced PGs.

My homie Brewer. I'll miss you. One of the hardest to let go....

beasted86

Kidd does suck now on defense, but Felton is better than Lin if he comes in in shape.

Overall team has improved defensively as compared to the Mike D years. It will be interesting if he can get some more accountability out of Stat and Melo.

jrudnik
07-24-2012, 12:37 PM

:facepalm: at Kidd being included in this list. Camby, too...although he can still rebound.

http://jakubrudnik.blogspot.com/

mightybosstone

Incredible.
Laugh all you want, but I dare you to find me one period in the Knicks franchise that was more exciting or more important to the franchise than Lin's 25-game run last season. Am I saying that he's the best player they've had in that time span? Certainly not.

Losoway

pay 46 million the 3rd year for a average Point guard or sign assets that can help build toward a championship in a short period of time for cheap

yea sounds like a terrible off season :facepalm::facepalm:

TeamSeattle
07-24-2012, 12:38 PM
:facepalm: at Kidd being included in this list. Camby, too...although he can still rebound.

Thnx guys focus on one person in that list and 4get the other four.

mightybosstone
07-24-2012, 12:40 PM

I don't know why you're ripping Camby. He was by far the best defensive big on the Rockets roster last season and there was not a close second. The guy can still defend the paint as well as 90 percent of the bigs in this league.

jrudnik
07-24-2012, 12:40 PM
Kidd does suck now on defense, but Felton is better than Lin if he comes in in shape.

Overall team has improved defensively as compared to the Mike D years. It will be interesting if he can get some more accountability out of Stat and Melo.

If Felton comes in in shape...similar to "if Oden stays healthy."

http://www.complex.com/sports/2012/07/gallery-the-many-thoughts-of-a-fat-raymond-felton

mightybosstone
07-24-2012, 12:41 PM
pay 46 million the 3rd year for a average Point guard or sign assets that can help build toward a championship in a short period of time for cheap

yea sounds like a terrible off season :facepalm::facepalm:

With that roster last season, the Knicks won one playoff game. So, clearly adding guys older than 35 and defensive role players will bring them a ring. :rolleyes:

BcEuAbRsS
07-24-2012, 12:42 PM
Nice move...

gotoHcarolina52
07-24-2012, 12:42 PM

Lincredible.

fixed :p

TeamSeattle
07-24-2012, 12:43 PM
With that roster last season, the Knicks won one playoff game. So, clearly adding guys older than 35 and defensive role players will bring them a ring. :rolleyes:

We were facing the Miami Heat for crying out loud. OKC only beat them one time so nice try; that doesn't mean a thing.

seikou8
]I don't know why you're ripping Camby[/B]. He was by far the best defensive big on the Rockets roster last season and there was not a close second. The guy can still defend the paint as well as 90 percent of the bigs in this league.

because he is a knick when you leave your a star when your a knick you are overrated , a scrub or gay.

Stinkyoutsider
Good pickup for NY. Brewer is a class guy who's going to work hard and give you results. And, he's a very good defender.

He won't have to score as much as he did in Chicago. Melo, Amare, and JR Smith will hoist up plenty of shots.

GH19
07-24-2012, 12:44 PM
Woah, nice pickup for the NYK.

MassoDio
07-24-2012, 12:45 PM
Laugh all you want, but I dare you to find me one period in the Knicks franchise that was more exciting or more important to the franchise than Lin's 25-game run last season. Am I saying that he's the best player they've had in that time span? Certainly not.

Most of the Patrick Ewing era was more exciting and more important to the franchise. As his dominance in the East (Which would have been more appreciated had Jordan not been there) was much more exciting considering they were contenders every year.

The years with Walt "Clyde" Frazier, Earl "The Pearl" Monroe, Dave DeBusschere, Jerry Lucas, and yes even Phil Jackson, were more exciting. They went to the finals a couple years in a row, winning one of them against the Lakers. That TEAM in particular was LOVED by the Knicks fans.

So your premise of a failed off-season, going by the reasoning you gave, is completely flawed.

And only time will tell whether or not it was the right move or not. But paying essentially $46 million in the 3rd year for Lin's services, would be hard for any team to swallow.

Keep3HEATSOnMe
07-24-2012, 12:45 PM
Good pickup for them there bench is looking good

BigBlueCrew
07-24-2012, 12:47 PM

Is this a joke?????

I'll just go with what MassoDio said

uprightciti
07-24-2012, 12:48 PM
siiiick i always fantasy drafted brewer on 2k

love this add

mamba24
07-24-2012, 12:48 PM
i might be totally out of the loop here... have the knicks already re-signed novak?

TeamSeattle
07-24-2012, 12:50 PM
i might be totally out of the loop here... have the knicks already re-signed novak?

Yep overpaid and re-signed :rolleyes:

njnets
07-24-2012, 12:51 PM
Good replacement for shump until he comes back. Cheap one year deal. Jr for scoring off the bench. I like the signing. Solid move.

mamba24
07-24-2012, 12:53 PM
Yep overpaid and re-signed :rolleyes:

haha well... then i think the brewer signing is pretty important then... that means you will have a guy outside to open up the floor off the bench. they are really deep. i doubt they are higher than a 4 seed tho... melo tends to ruin offenses

seikou8

yes

tredigs
Huge offensive liability, I mean absolutely terrible - negative outside range and no rebounding or playmaking ability - but he's a fiesty little defender... so that's good.

haha well... then i think the brewer signing is pretty important then... that means you will have a guy outside to open up the floor off the bench. they are really deep. i doubt they are higher than a 4 seed tho... melo tends to ruin offenses

Ronnie Brewer's a guy who closes the floor, not opens. We're talking about a guy who's never even flirted with 30% from three at any point in his career.

Edit: And coming off maybe the worst season in his career too - what happened there Chi fans?

jimm120
07-24-2012, 12:56 PM
nice additon more defense more guys to throw on wade n joe johnson

To think, we went from wanting guys like Amare and that toronto center (big men that shoot from outside) to defensive role players (Camby, Kurt, Ronnie).

Big culture change in NY now that Dantoni is out...and it started last year while Dantoni was still here. NY was actually a top 10 defense and with woodson a top 5.

mightybosstone
07-24-2012, 12:57 PM
We were facing the Miami Heat for crying out loud. OKC only beat them one time so nice try; that doesn't mean a thing.
But if they had played better during the regular season, they wouldn't have had to play the Heat. An NBA season is more than just the playoffs, it's the 82-game regular season (66 this season obviously) that comes before that. And I realize they were injured and I'm anticipating that excuse, but that IS the Knicks. They are a competitive team with a ton of talent that is far too injury prone and inconsistent to be taken seriously as a contender. Adding a ton of 35-plus guys isn't going to help that.

because he is a knick when you leave your a star when your a knick you are overrated , a scrub or gay.
I don't follow your argument...

ThunderousDemon
07-24-2012, 12:59 PM
The Knicks are back.

jrudnik
07-24-2012, 01:00 PM
I don't know why you're ripping Camby. He was by far the best defensive big on the Rockets roster last season and there was not a close second. The guy can still defend the paint as well as 90 percent of the bigs in this league.

"Defensively, he's pretty good, if a bit overrated -- Camby will absolutely, positively not leave the lane on a pick-and-roll, so he often leaves his guards hanging out to dry while the opponent is stroking an easy 17-footer. While he blocks shots, rebounds and doesn't get egregiously beaten, the lack of pick-and-roll help and Camby's own lack of strength put him closer to the middle of the center pack than many think." -John Hollinger

There is more to defense than blocking shots.

mightybosstone
07-24-2012, 01:01 PM
Most of the Patrick Ewing era was more exciting and more important to the franchise. As his dominance in the East (Which would have been more appreciated had Jordan not been there) was much more exciting considering they were contenders every year.

The years with Walt "Clyde" Frazier, Earl "The Pearl" Monroe, Dave DeBusschere, Jerry Lucas, and yes even Phil Jackson, were more exciting. They went to the finals a couple years in a row, winning one of them against the Lakers. That TEAM in particular was LOVED by the Knicks fans.

So your premise of a failed off-season, going by the reasoning you gave, is completely flawed.

And only time will tell whether or not it was the right move or not. But paying essentially $46 million in the 3rd year for Lin's services, would be hard for any team to swallow.

Is this a joke?????

I'll just go with what MassoDio said
Look at my previous post where I was referring to the last decade. It would be idiotic to think Lin was a more important player in New York than Ewing or than the 70s era Knicks with Frazier, Willis Reed, Debusschere and Monroe. But Lin was the best thing to happen to the Knicks since the last relevant Knicks team in 1999-2000.

seikou8
07-24-2012, 01:01 PM
I don't follow your argument...[/QUOTE]

i mean when a player is knick is overated or a scrub according to psd and other fans ,when he leaves he is a star great player new york wil be sad without him.examples whole melo trade and landry fields jeremy lin

TeamSeattle
07-24-2012, 01:02 PM

which is why Ibaka didn't win DPOY

mightybosstone
07-24-2012, 01:04 PM
"Defensively, he's pretty good, if a bit overrated -- Camby will absolutely, positively not leave the lane on a pick-and-roll, so he often leaves his guards hanging out to dry while the opponent is stroking an easy 17-footer. While he blocks shots, rebounds and doesn't get egregiously beaten, the lack of pick-and-roll help and Camby's own lack of strength put him closer to the middle of the center pack than many think." -John Hollinger

Thanks for your ability to quote other, smarter analysts, but I'm more than aware that there is more to defense than blocking shots. I WATCHED every game he played in Houston last season and I can honestly say the team was 10 times better on the floor defensively with him on the floor than with him on the bench. And he's not just a very good defender and shot blocker. He led the entire league in TRB% last season and was 9th in BLK%. And while DRtg is a flawed statistic, he was 10th in the league in that, as well.

Swashcuff
07-24-2012, 01:05 PM
Wolves are screwed. No Courtney Lee, no Brewer no Batum they are running out of perimeter options and they so badly need some D on the wings especially with Rubio out to start the season.

Really nice pick up for the Knicks.

JiffyMix88
07-24-2012, 01:07 PM
damn brewer really improved his offense last year and already has a stellar defense looks like the knicks made a good pick up

jrudnik
07-24-2012, 01:08 PM
Huge offensive liability, I mean absolutely terrible - negative outside range and no rebounding or playmaking ability - but he's a fiesty little defender... so that's good.

Ronnie Brewer's a guy who closes the floor, not opens. We're talking about a guy who's never even flirted with 30% from three at any point in his career.

Edit: And coming off maybe the worst season in his career too - what happened there Chi fans?

Statistically he was at his best with Rose on the court...and Rose couldn't stay on the court. He was far more effective next to Rose than Hamilton (which surprised me, but stats don't lie), but they just didn't play enough minutes next to each other.

Brewer is the player I will miss most as a Bulls fan. He makes you wince every time he shoots the ball, but defensively he brings so much energy and activity that he makes up for it (Hollinger put him on his 3rd team all-defense). He also runs very well and can really finish when he gets to the rim.

Kashmir13579
07-24-2012, 01:08 PM
Knicks are back.

jrudnik
07-24-2012, 01:09 PM
which is why Ibaka didn't win DPOY

^This

AddiX
07-24-2012, 01:09 PM
I'm just happy to see that mike d Antonio ball is done w in NY. Brewer wouldn't of even made the roster in mike was still here.

Punk
07-24-2012, 01:10 PM
The Knicks could have their own all-defensive team: Kidd at PG, Iman at SG, Brewer at SF, Thomas at PF, Camby at C.

Both teams won't score :laugh2:

Thank god D'antoni ball is gone. Thank you Melo. You brought back NY basketball.

mightybosstone
07-24-2012, 01:12 PM
If I'm the Knicks or a Knicks fan, I'm seriously concerned about the lack of 3-point shooting from PG-SF. Felton, Shumpert, Anthony and Brewer are all below average 3-point shooters will Kidd and Smith are about average. Only Novak is a great 3-point shooter and if he's playing 25-30 minutes a game, they're in trouble.

The Knicks were second in 3-point attempts last season, but 21st in percentage. That's awful.

JayAllDay

You needed Hollinger to make that point?
What a douche

mightybosstone
The Knicks could have their own all-defensive team: Kidd at PG, Iman at SG, Brewer at SF, Thomas at PF, Camby at C.

Both teams won't score :laugh2:

Thank god D'antoni ball is gone. Thank you Melo. You brought back NY basketball.

I probably would have gone with Camby at PF and that Chandler guy at C. Didn't he win some award for defense last season? :shrug:

Kashmir13579
07-24-2012, 01:14 PM
Lose an icon. Sign Ronnie Brewer. All is well.

colinskik
07-24-2012, 01:14 PM
But if they had played better during the regular season, they wouldn't have had to play the Heat. An NBA season is more than just the playoffs, it's the 82-game regular season (66 this season obviously) that comes before that. And I realize they were injured and I'm anticipating that excuse, but that IS the Knicks. They are a competitive team with a ton of talent that is far too injury prone and inconsistent to be taken seriously as a contender. Adding a ton of 35-plus guys isn't going to help that.

I don't follow your argument...
You also conveniently forgot that we lost major pieces to the Knick puzzle every game in the playoffs. We were lucky to even take that one game with the meager team we threw out there. Give them time to meld and find team chemistry, plus the additions of smart vets OFF THE BENCH and you have a formidable team. Just watch.

mightybosstone
07-24-2012, 01:17 PM
damn brewer really improved his offense last year and already has a stellar defense looks like the knicks made a good pick up
What are you basing this on? His TS% dropped to an abysmal .465, he shot worse from the floor and the free throw line than at any point in his career and his ORtg was the lowest of his career. I have no idea where you're pulling that from.

JayAllDay
07-24-2012, 01:19 PM
If I'm the Knicks or a Knicks fan, I'm seriously concerned about the lack of 3-point shooting from PG-SF. Felton, Shumpert, Anthony and Brewer are all below average 3-point shooters will Kidd and Smith are about average. Only Novak is a great 3-point shooter and if he's playing 25-30 minutes a game, they're in trouble.

The Knicks were second in 3-point attempts last season, but 21st in percentage. That's awful.

Shut the **** up Quentin Richardson

Captain Moroni
07-24-2012, 01:20 PM

You speak in one sided absolutes but fail to see the other side.
First off, The regular season was a mess because Mike Dantoni and his system was a mess. Our Starting PG was Toney Douglas entering the season. That alone will make you a horrible team. Jeremy Lin had to create Linsanity to make us a 36-30 team.
Last season our team looked like this
PG Douglas, Bibby, Shumpert, Lin Davis- TD was just awful. Bibby was useless, Shumpert was not a PG, Lin was awesome and Davis was broken.
This year our team will look like this...
PG Felton, Kidd, Prigioni- Felton thrived with NY the first go around. Some will credit Dantoni for this, but it was the heavy dependence on the P&R that created Feltons great year. Amare Should benefit hugely fron this. Kidd coming off the bench, his age should not be a factor. Prigioni is a pass first PG who can come in and spell both.
SG-Last year Fields/Smith- Fields struggled mightily with his shot, and Smith came back from China out of sorts. This year When Shump gets back, Shump/Smith/Brewer should form a pretty decent rotation at the 2. Still lacking a pure shooter from this bunch, a greater emphasis will be placed on defense
Mike woodson was 18-6 as the head coach. Over the course of the year, that is Bulls type numbers. We shall see what a full season does, but guys like Thomas Camby and Kidd are spot minute players that can help when the stars are out. See it for what it is, you make it sound like Kurt Thomas is our starting center.

Becks2307
07-24-2012, 01:25 PM
People don't realize how bad and hampered the team was when we played the Heat, not like we would have ever won anyway...but we went from

Davis, Bibby, Douglas
Harrelson, Jordan,

to

Felton, Kidd, Prigoni
Brewer
Thomas Camby

thats a huge upgrade

NYtilIdie
07-24-2012, 01:27 PM
Pretty BA signing, I always liked his game.

Big Zo
07-24-2012, 01:28 PM
Zomg! The Knicks are the best team ever... And then they lose in the first round again. Lol

mightybosstone
07-24-2012, 01:28 PM
Shut the **** up Quentin Richardson

What's your point? He played like 17-18 minutes a game the last two seasons and was a below-average to average 3-point shooter who made a whopping 42 3s both seasons. Again, among the Knicks' main guys from PG-SF (Kidd, Shumpert, Brewer, Smith, Melo), their spacing is pretty piss poor.

kdspurman
07-24-2012, 01:31 PM
Zomg! The Knicks are the best team ever... And then they lose in the first round again. Lol

Not really relevant to the subject :)

I think it's a solid signing for them.

seikou8
07-24-2012, 01:32 PM

bangwagon troll

MassoDio
07-24-2012, 01:32 PM
Look at my previous post where I was referring to the last decade. It would be idiotic to think Lin was a more important player in New York than Ewing or than the 70s era Knicks with Frazier, Willis Reed, Debusschere and Monroe. But Lin was the best thing to happen to the Knicks since the last relevant Knicks team in 1999-2000.

Okay...if you are talking about the last decade...

Carmello brought more excitement and is more important to the franchise than Lin is. There is no disputing that. He is their star. He is being paid an enormous amount of money to be the star. And he came home. There was much more excitement for that trade. And he is much more important because of what he means.

Bottom line...Lin was a 25 game flash in the pan last year. That is not to say he is a bad player, or won't continue improving, or that he can't be a good to great player. But he was a player that brought excitement for 25 games based on the fact that he came out of no where. He wasn't supposed to be doing what he was doing. That's it. The moment he goes through a cold streak, he would no longer be that in New York. So again, your point is pure fallacy.

I think it would have hurt the Rockets more to NOT get him than it will hurt the Knicks to let him go. In the aspect of an off-season being deemed a failure or not.

ATX
07-24-2012, 01:33 PM
Good pickup for defensive purposes only. Still absolutely no way this puts them above Boston or Miami, or probably even the Pacers. 4 seed, which is an improvement from 7. Knicks v Nets 1st round matchup will be highly entertaining. Congrats on the signing.

Big Zo
07-24-2012, 01:34 PM
bangwagon troll

Bandwagon? I been a fan since PJ Brown bodyslammed Charlie Ward. Get your **** straight, son. :p

justinnum1
07-24-2012, 01:38 PM
Solid pickup. His offense is horrible but he will help for 10min a game

seikou8
07-24-2012, 01:39 PM
Bandwagon? I been a fan since PJ Brown bodyslammed Charlie Ward. Get your **** straight, son. :p

yup i said it get **** straight sis ;)

Big Zo
07-24-2012, 01:41 PM
yup i said it get **** straight sis ;)

1973. Yeah, I said it, too. :)

Max.This
07-24-2012, 01:41 PM

why do you bother coming into this thread if you're not contributing anything relevant to the topic?

seikou8
07-24-2012, 01:44 PM
1973. Yeah, I said it, too. :)

wow you win bro

Big Zo
07-24-2012, 01:48 PM
why do you bother coming into this thread if you're not contributing anything relevant to the topic?

Not relevant? Do you not see all the Knick fans that are talking about being a top defensive team now? They sign a couple of AARP members, and Ronnie Brewer and that makes them awesome.

mightybosstone
07-24-2012, 01:49 PM
You speak in one sided absolutes but fail to see the other side.

I'm not failing to see the other side. I DO think the Knicks will improve both in record and in seeding in the playoffs next season, especially given that Chicago, Orlando, Philly and maybe Atlanta did not get better this offseason. But I still don't take them seriously as a contender, because I think that team has serious issues offensively and is too injury prone.

I'm not even saying that Lin would make them a better team next season. Given Carmelo's style, I don't think the two of them could have feasibly co-existed offensively. BUT, my criticism is that they're trying to build a contender around a core of players who will not bring a team a championship. And if they fail over the next three seasons, they'll have absolutely no young pieces aside from Shumpert to build around.

Romo2Bryant
07-24-2012, 01:49 PM
Solid signing. They need to sign another big though.

Big Zo
07-24-2012, 01:50 PM
Anyway, good signing for them.

LongIslandIcedZ
07-24-2012, 01:50 PM

It would be impossible to agree more.

KniCks4LiFe
07-24-2012, 01:51 PM
I called this one awhile ago. I wondered if Grunwald was reading my posts. Let me temper it down, b/c there is just too many ridiculous expectations here b/c of this signing.

First I'm glad he's here and not the Lakers. (although if I were him I would have gone to LA). He'll upgrade the backcourt D, I don't expect any real offense from him. This is not any plus in offense, lets get that out of the way right now, if anyone expects 10-14 PPG and not tearing your hair off watching him shoot, then you're kidding yourself. But this move has more to do w/ protecting Kidd and Felton as they try to figure out this offense, and having a temp. backcourt insurance if Shumpert doesn't return 100%. You don't just come back 100% after ACL tears. Ronnie Brewer is amongst the game's most talented backcourt defenders, I said in another thread this is the only thing that makes sense for the Knicks backcourt. We'll struggle a bit but that 5th-8th seed is a lock. Notice I said 5th to 8th, no I do not think this team is a top 3 or 4, there are too many question marks and most of the complimentary players being plugged in have alot to improve on.

EnWhyKay
Brewer is a nice signing.. THere is a culture change going on in NY and I love it..

Secondly can we stop talkin about Lin.. He is gone.. Lets talk about the current team...

elledaddy

You're not a Knicks fan so why are you saying what's exciting to Knicks fans? If you were a Knicks fan, you would know that a much much more exciting stretch was Carmelo droppin 39,43,29,32,42,35,33,39 pts in the final month of the regular season vs Chi,Atl,Mil,Ind,Mil,Chi,Bos just to get us IN THE PLAYOFFS. Lin's run was kool but his " exciting " games was only 3 games, Lal, Dall and Tor. And they were ALL before the allstar break. You're letting the media dictate to you what was exciting with all the Lin mania hype but the TRUTH is ppl we STILL watched every game down the stretch w/o Lin. He's on Hou now so y'all can have the " EXCITEMENT" and we'll settle for the playoffs:(

Angry Norwegian
07-24-2012, 01:52 PM
Good signing. Maybe he can teach Carmelo a few things.

LongIslandIcedZ
07-24-2012, 01:57 PM
Not relevant? Do you not see all the Knick fans that are talking about being a top defensive team now? They sign a couple of AARP members, and Ronnie Brewer and that makes them awesome.

They were a top defensive team before adding everyone, now their even better.

By that logic, I can say the Heat arent awesome because they signed Ray Allen.

mightybosstone
07-24-2012, 01:58 PM
Carmello brought more excitement and is more important to the franchise than Lin is. There is no disputing that. He is their star. He is being paid an enormous amount of money to be the star. And he came home. There was much more excitement for that trade. And he is much more important because of what he means.
Agree to disagree. Melo is a franchise player (more in terms of popularity than reality), but Lin made the Knicks a worldwide phenomenon. He brought more attention to the Knicks in 25 games than any other player had in this entire millennium. And he's a 23-year-old kid that would have been a young building block for a team regardless of whether he's a star caliber player or not.

Bottom line...Lin was a 25 game flash in the pan last year. That is not to say he is a bad player, or won't continue improving, or that he can't be a good to great player. But he was a player that brought excitement for 25 games based on the fact that he came out of no where. He wasn't supposed to be doing what he was doing. That's it. The moment he goes through a cold streak, he would no longer be that in New York. So again, your point is pure fallacy.
I'm not saying that Lin's run wasn't unique, but I think it's completely ignorant to assume that it's a fluke with no validity or that he isn't capable of competing at that level again. Also, it wasn't just because he came out of nowhere, it's because he was an underdog and he has Asian roots that brought the team attention. There is a reason that Yao Ming was named to the All-Star game in seasons he never played and it had a lot less to do with his talent than it did the massive attention he brought to Houston and the NBA from the Asian market.

I think it would have hurt the Rockets more to NOT get him than it will hurt the Knicks to let him go. In the aspect of an off-season being deemed a failure or not.
At no point do I debate that. I even said in a previous post that I don't think Lin makes them a better team necessarily. But I think he's a young player with loads of potential and marketability that could have been a building block of that franchise for a decade. He was loved by Knicks fan and by the whole world, really, and they let him go.

NYtilIdie
07-24-2012, 01:59 PM
Okay...if you are talking about the last decade...

I'd even go as far as to say that Amare's 30 point month in December 2 years ago was more crucial than Lin's 25 games. That really brought back the basketball atmosphere in NY that had been lost due to the last decade.

After Melo & Amare came back Lin was the 3rd option in the offense and rightfully so, but we were still winning games even with Melo' averaging 15 PPG, we were winning in a defensive way.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-24-2012, 02:02 PM
I still don't see them finishing in the top 4:shrug:

effen5
07-24-2012, 02:05 PM
I'm not reading 7 pages of crap but you guys are going to love Ronnie. Hes great on the baseline, his defense is pretty damn good but his offense is terrible and so is his fast breaks.

Either way, I'm happy for Ronnie to find a new team, this guy is a class act.

KniCks4LiFe
07-24-2012, 02:06 PM
You're not a Knicks fan so why are you saying what's exciting to Knicks fans? If you were a Knicks fan, you would know that a much much more exciting stretch was Carmelo droppin 39,43,29,32,42,35,33,39 pts in the final month of the regular season vs Chi,Atl,Mil,Ind,Mil,Chi,Bos just to get us IN THE PLAYOFFS. Lin's run was kool but his " exciting " games was only 3 games, Lal, Dall and Tor. And they were ALL before the allstar break. You're letting the media dictate to you what was exciting with all the Lin mania hype but the TRUTH is ppl we STILL watched every game down the stretch w/o Lin. He's on Hou now so y'all can have the " EXCITEMENT" and we'll settle for the playoffs:(

I'm a Knicks fan. And every media outlet and then some called Lin's stretch the most exciting basketball stretch since the Ewing days. Every time WFAN goes into Knicks rants there is not one caller that called Melo's stretch exciting basketball. (fact) *I'm sorry this is not a Lin thread or Melo bash, but I'm just correcting you* Melo's stretch if you even remember was hardly even back pg. talk in NY. No talkshow in NY, and I go to work listening to them, no talkshow was leading off w/ them. During Carmelo's stretch the biggest game was vs the Bulls on that Sunday afternoon w/ an NBA playoff feel.

During Linsanity people were selling out for shoot arounds vs the Kings. The Mavs and Lakers game was like an NBA playoff game. Toronto turned into MSG the dying seconds of the 4th qtr.

Without trying to insult anyone. Any Knicks fan or majority whether Jeremy Lin is here or not knows his stretch was the most exciting basketball in NYC in years. Maybe since Action Jackson and Ewing.

Chacarron
07-24-2012, 02:06 PM
Great pickup.

mightybosstone
07-24-2012, 02:08 PM
I still don't see them finishing in the top 4:shrug:

I see Miami, Boston and Indiana as superior teams right now. Chicago would be with Rose, but he's out until maybe as late as March. Atlanta gets Horford back and healthy but loses JJ, so I don't think they're as good as New York at this point. Orlando and Philly definitely aren't as good anymore and I'm not sold on the Nets at all yet.

So, unless Rose gets healthy or the Knicks face serious injury issues (certainly not out of the question), I think there's as very good chance New York lands close to the fourth seed.

knicksfan42
07-24-2012, 02:09 PM
Talk about changing your tune. I remember mightybosstone absolutely trashing Lin. Lin's overrated overhyped by the NY media, he's trash blah blah blah. Nice to see that now he's on the Rockets he's the best PG in NBA history.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-24-2012, 02:11 PM
I see Miami, Boston and Indiana as superior teams right now. Chicago would be with Rose, but he's out until maybe as late as March. Atlanta gets Horford back and healthy but loses JJ, so I don't think they're as good as New York at this point. Orlando and Philly definitely aren't as good anymore and I'm not sold on the Nets at all yet.

So, unless Rose gets healthy or the Knicks face serious injury issues (certainly not out of the question), I think there's as very good chance New York lands close to the fourth seed.

You could make a case for Philly as well as the Magic if Dwight's still there to be better than the Knicks.

seikou8
07-24-2012, 02:13 PM
Talk about changing your tune. I remember mightybosstone absolutely trashing Lin. Lin's overrated overhyped by the NY media, he's trash blah blah blah. Nice to see that now he's on the Rockets he's the best PG in NBA history.

:clap: this

Punk
07-24-2012, 02:13 PM

How is Indiana superior if the Knicks blew them out in every meeting last season?

mightybosstone
07-24-2012, 02:14 PM

:laugh: I'm the first one to admit I was wrong about Lin. I wasn't feeling the hype after those first handful of games, and I thought it was a fluke. But after the Lakers game, you can go back and look at old posts and you'll see I changed my tune. I started to really watch the kid play, and I'll admit that I was impressed at that point.

I'm not saying he'll be anything close to the best PG in NBA history and I certainly wouldn't call him a top 10 PG in today's NBA. He's got to prove it first. But I think he's going to be at least an above average PG in the NBA and he has real star potential in Kevin McHale's offense.

seikou8
07-24-2012, 02:14 PM
How is Indiana superior if the Knicks blew them out in every meeting last season?

expect one :cry: that could of been the difference

KniCks4LiFe
07-24-2012, 02:15 PM

well both sides are doing it. I mean the otherside said this.

If you were a Knicks fan, you would know that a much much more exciting stretch was Carmelo droppin 39,43,29,32,42,35,33,39 pts in the final month of the regular season vs Chi,Atl,Mil,Ind,Mil,Chi,Bos just to get us IN THE PLAYOFFS

This is not true, it's just blatantly not. I can't even believe this was said.

mightybosstone
07-24-2012, 02:18 PM

Two things... First, you're wrong. The Knicks won the first two matchups and the Pacers won the last one. Second, regular season matchups mean absolutely nothing. Boston won 3/4 regular season matchups with Miami last year. Did that help them in the playoffs?

And regardless of what they did in head-to-head matchups, Indiana won six more games than the Knicks did last season. And they have a young core of players that is only going to get better.

Matrix3132
07-24-2012, 02:20 PM
They were a top 5 defensive team with Woodson so now there should be no argument that they are in the discussion for top 3 with the new additions.

There's the argument that it's ridiculous to "discuss" the top defensive teams this far before the season. Melo/Amare still play 35 min. each, that's 35 min of bad rotations and boxing out so we'll see...

MintBerryCrunch
07-24-2012, 02:21 PM
People don't realize how bad and hampered the team was when we played the Heat, not like we would have ever won anyway...but we went from

Davis, Bibby, Douglas
Harrelson, Jordan,

to

Felton, Kidd, Prigoni
Brewer
Thomas Camby

thats a huge upgrade

Still not good enough to beat Miami..

justinnum1
07-24-2012, 02:24 PM

Davis, Bibby, Douglas
Harrelson, Jordan,

to

Felton, Kidd, Prigoni
Brewer
Thomas Camby

thats a huge upgrade

Still not good enough to beat Miami..

True. But they should get out of the first round and pit up a food fight in the playoffs

Punk
07-24-2012, 02:24 PM
The Knicks thoroughly beat Indiana (3-1) although they won via comeback at home after being down by 20+. They also beat Orlando (3-1). Lost the first meeting against Orlando. Won the next two by 40 & 20. Also, beat Philly in the season series. Surpassed them in the standings.

All of the teams that made the playoffs last season (Indiana, Boston, Atlanta, Orlando, Philly), the Knicks beat them consistently aside from Miami/Chicago which were the toughest competition for them but somehow all of those other teams are better than an improved Knicks roster.

Amazing.

MassoDio
07-24-2012, 02:26 PM
Agree to disagree. Melo is a franchise player (more in terms of popularity than reality), but Lin made the Knicks a worldwide phenomenon. He brought more attention to the Knicks in 25 games than any other player had in this entire millennium. And he's a 23-year-old kid that would have been a young building block for a team regardless of whether he's a star caliber player or not.

The Knicks are a unique team in that they aren't concerned with a worldwide phenomenon like most other teams would be. There have been several reports, which I don't feel like looking up at the moment, that spells out how much money the Knicks will save by not signing him, regardless of his worldwide phenomenon status. And as far as Melo being a franchise player...I tend to agree that he is SUPPOSED to be a franchise player, though I myself wouldn't qualify him as one. But that is who is most IMPORTANT, and EXCITING to fans. The guy who is supposed to be the cornerstone of your franchise.

I'm not saying that Lin's run wasn't unique, but I think it's completely ignorant to assume that it's a fluke with no validity or that he isn't capable of competing at that level again. Also, it wasn't just because he came out of nowhere, it's because he was an underdog and he has Asian roots that brought the team attention. There is a reason that Yao Ming was named to the All-Star game in seasons he never played and it had a lot less to do with his talent than it did the massive attention he brought to Houston and the NBA from the Asian market.

I never once said that it was a fluke. I simply said what it was last year. It was 25 games last year. I even said, if you had read it, that I am not saying he won't continue to improve or that he won't be a good to great player. As far as this excitement and importance aspect you are arguing though, it was 25 games last year. The Asian market for Yao is in no way comparable to what the Asian market for a kid born in California is going to be. Lin is not from China, he is not even Chinese. The reason Yao's Asian market was so huge was because he was a STAR in China before he ever stepped foot on an NBA floor. So the comparison is ludicrous. And financial experts since the Knicks declined to match have stated as much all over the air waves.

At no point do I debate that. I even said in a previous post that I don't think Lin makes them a better team necessarily. But I think he's a young player with loads of potential and marketability that could have been a building block of that franchise for a decade. He was loved by Knicks fan and by the whole world, really, and they let him go.

Yes, he is young and could have been a building block. You don't pay $46 million dollars in one year for a player that COULD be a building block. And since when has James Dolan ever been concerned with YOUNG players that COULD be building blocks. He was loved by the Knicks fans, I agree. But Knicks fans love and root for their team. They always will, no matter who is on the team. Losing Lin is not going to change that.

mightybosstone
07-24-2012, 02:27 PM
The Knicks thoroughly beat Indiana (3-1) although they won via comeback at home. They also beat Orlando (3-1). Lost the first meeting against Orlando. Won the next two by 40 & 20. Also, beat Philly in the season series. Surpassed them in the standings.

All of the teams that made the playoffs last season (Indiana, Boston, Atlanta, Orlando, Philly), the Knicks beat them consistently aside from Miami/Chicago which were the toughest competition for them but somehow all of those other teams are better than an improved Knicks roster.

Amazing.

Do you think that regular season head-to-head matchups are more important than where a team ends up in the playoff seedings or how far they go in the actual postseason? If so, then you're not very bright. You could look through the history of professional sports and find hundreds of instances where regular season matchups meant absolutely nothing in the playoffs.

Bottom line, Indiana is the superior team.

KniCks4LiFe
07-24-2012, 02:32 PM
past 2 seasons

Knicks vs Sixers 4-3
Knicks vs Celtics 2-6
Knicks vs Hawks 4-3
Knicks vs Magic 3-4
Knicks vs Pacers 4-3

We've beaten them consistantly now?

Punk
07-24-2012, 02:34 PM
I have a hard time believing anything from the guy who trashed Lin until he turned into a Houston Rocket.

The Indiana Pacers add: Ian Mahimi, DJ Augustin, Gerald Green.
Knicks add: Felton, Brewer, Camby, Kidd.

Obviously better than NY.

Two things... First, you're wrong. The Knicks won the first two matchups and the Pacers won the last one. Second, regular season matchups mean absolutely nothing. Boston won 3/4 regular season matchups with Miami last year. Did that help them in the playoffs?

And regardless of what they did in head-to-head matchups, Indiana won six more games than the Knicks did last season. And they have a young core of players that is only going to get better.

Lol at "regular matchups mean nothing"

In that case, everyone who hasn't faced Miami in the playoffs should be able to beat them regardless if they got swept in the regular season, right?

The Pacers won 80% of their games against bad teams. If you do that, you can easily look superior because of the number of wins.

The Pacers faced an Orlando team WITHOUT Dwight Howard. If It was NY in that spot, you would be talking about how Howard was not apart of the team and it was an easy path to the 2nd round.

What did the Pacers accomplish in the 2nd round? 1 more win than the Knicks. Well, that certainly makes them game changers!

Did the wins against Miami in the regular season help Boston? Well, Idk...They took it to 7 games and nearly beat Miami until LeBron got hot from outside? It game them confidence and understating on how to be Miami.

Fact is Miami was faced with elimination TWICE. Boston was faced with elimination ONCE. The regular season is where confidence is built for playoff matchups.

You can continue to spin this all you want.

h2r09
07-24-2012, 02:35 PM
WOW! Knicks have just been catapulted from 6th to 5th in the East with this move. real difference maker. joel anthony on the wing.

KniCks4LiFe
07-24-2012, 02:39 PM
You really are an idiot. The past 2 seasons, we were rebuilding. I said LAST season.

you need chill w/ your insults homie.

All of the teams that made the playoffs last season (Indiana, Boston, Atlanta, Orlando, Philly), the Knicks beat them consistently

That's what you said. You didn't say the Knicks beat them consistently last season. Even if so, a lockout shortened season and 3 meetings taking 2 games is not what we'll be facing this coming season.

Punk
07-24-2012, 02:42 PM
Anyhow...Brewer's deal is most likely a "wink, wink" deal. He's represented by CAA who runs into the Knick pipeline, so I expect him to get an extension next year.

h2r09
07-24-2012, 02:43 PM
Anyhow...Brewer's deal is most likely a "wink, wink" deal. He's represented by CAA who runs into the Knick pipeline, so I expect him to get an extension next year.

you are a homer.

elledaddy

I really dont get you at all Knicks4life. Im just gonna disagree with you on this. TO ME, the fact we were in a TIGHT playoff race and we were extremely close to not even making the playoffs at all but we could also have gotten as high as the 5th seed combined with the fact that MELO pretty much carried us w/o Stat or Lin in APRIL( not pre allstar break) was more exciting to me as a fan of NYK and Basketball in general. Im not talking excitment globally, Im talking exciting to Knicks fans. I mean really outside of the great LAL gm( nationally televised) the great DALL gm( nationally televised) and the Raptors gm( he hit the GW 3pt shot but I also remember Calderon abusing Lin so bad we had to switch Shump on him) but outside of those 3 games I dont remember any other games until NJ came back to MSG and DWILL lit up Lin to what he said ended Linsanity. Oh yeah also the 1st game that started everything vs NJ to should be thrown in there. So again TO ME, I was more excited about the entire month of april to make the playoffs.

KniCks4LiFe
Ah yeh the new mafia of NBA free agents.

KniCks4LiFe
07-24-2012, 02:46 PM

I really dont get you at all Knicks4life. Im just gonna dissagree with you on this. TO ME, the we were in a TIGHT playoff race and we were extremely close to not even making the playoffs at all but we could also have gotten as high as the 5th seed combined with the fact that MELO pretty much carried us w/o Stat or Lin in APRIL( not pre allstar break) was more exciting to me as a fan of NYK and Basketball in general. Im not talking excitment globally, Im talking exciting to Knicks fans. I mean really outside of the great LAL gm( nationally televised) the great DALL gm( nationally televised) and the Raptors gm( he hit the GW 3pt shot but I also remember Calderon abusing Lin so bad we had to switch Shump on him) but outside of those 3 games I dont remember any other games until NJ came back to MSG and lit up Lin to what he said ended Linsanity. Oh yeah also the 1st game that started everything vs NJ to should be thrown in there. So again TO ME, I was more excited about the entire month of april to make the playoffs.

Yes even the diehard Knicks fans know the most exciting b-ball was w/ Lin/Shumpert/Fields/Jefferies/Chandler. This isn't about favoritism anymore, it was about style of play, off ball offense, it wasn't all isos and halfcourt offense (although those are very important elements to have)

Punk
07-24-2012, 02:47 PM
you need chill w/ your insults homie.

That's what you said. You didn't say the Knicks beat them consistently last season. Even if so, a lockout shortened season and 3 meetings taking 2 games is not what we'll be facing this coming season.
I really need to point out "last" season to you?

It doesn't matter what this season is. Fact is, the regular season prepares for the playoffs. The regular season plays into the NEXT season.

Therefore, our season series accomplishments against certain teams cannot be simply ignored or thrown off like it doesn't matter.

The same people who say "regular season dont mattah" are the same people who said the Knicks wouldn't beat Miami BECAUSE of the 0-3 regular season stats. But when the shoe is on the other foot, those stats meaninglessness. In fact, the regular season should be canceled and the playoffs should just start every season because nothing about it makes a difference in the playoffs.

It's hypocrisy simple and plain. If people are going to be bias and discredit certain things just say it instead of looking stupid while doing it.

Fact is, the East will be Miami, Boston, Indiana, NY, Chicago, Brooklyn. That will be the core of the East power teams. No other way to look at it.

THE MTL
07-24-2012, 02:47 PM
I think Brewer came to the Knicks because its the best situation for him. He most likely will be starting at the 2 on the world's biggest stage. He is not asked to go outside his comfort zone like on the Bulls where they needed offense from him, all he has to do is defend and maybe knock down some open shots. ONly time will tell if the knicks are true contenders, but at least on paper it looks like Brewer is playing for a contender.

Punk
07-24-2012, 02:50 PM
you are a homer.

You need to work on the trolling skills. It's very raw and not polished.

You should have said "You are a homo", now that would be good trolling. Try it.

NYtilIdie
07-24-2012, 02:51 PM
[QUOTE=elledaddy;23077047]

Yes even the diehard Knicks fans know the most exciting b-ball was w/ Lin/Shumpert/Fields/Jefferies/Chandler. This isn't about favoritism anymore, it was about style of play, off ball offense, it wasn't all isos and halfcourt offense (although those are very important elements to have)

No, it was actually when Melo & Amare came back and we were dominating teams defensively until Lin went down then it became one of hell of a ride with Melo' which was actually pretty entertaining in itself.

EDUTEXANS
07-24-2012, 02:52 PM
nice signing, he will help a lot. And from what I read, the Knicks can only offer the minimum, that's great for them

meloman1592
07-24-2012, 02:53 PM
Punk is ****ing hilarious lol

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-24-2012, 02:55 PM
9 pages for Ronnie Brewer.....

Only Knicks fans..... and maybe Bulls fans.... and Laker fans.................. and Heat fans :sigh:

KniCks4LiFe
07-24-2012, 02:55 PM
No, it was actually when Melo & Amare came back and we were dominating teams defensively until Lin went down then it became one of hell of a ride with Melo' which was actually pretty entertaining in itself.

No it wasn't homie. You couldn't walk outside and not have a Knicks convo. or turn on a TV and not hear or see Knicks basketball as the main talk in NYC prior to that. When Melo came back the talk did die out little by little for some reason after the D'Antoni firing. People even questioned the likeability of this team.

My own experience was a weird week when I would take my lunch break w/ my Knicks fitted and random people would walk up to me and say "yo how bout' dem Knicks" "that asian kid can ball, Knicks are back" and I'm literally left w/ a WTF is going on here face? that happened like 10 or 15 times. Later on when Melo/Stat/JR came, that wasn't happening.

LongIslandIcedZ
07-24-2012, 02:58 PM
lol at all the Knick fans that are arguing and trying to convince each other to change their favorite moments this year. It's all a matter of opinion, some may have found Linsanity the best, while others may have found Melo beasting more exciting. You guys are arguing like little girls lol.

knicks=love
07-24-2012, 03:04 PM
felton/kidd/prigioni
brewer/JR/(shumpert-injury)
melo/novak
amar'e/thomas
chandler/camby

:clap: if we don't finish in the top 4 this year, i'm gonna say we're cursed.

NYtilIdie
07-24-2012, 03:08 PM
No it wasn't homie. You couldn't walk outside and not have a Knicks convo. or turn on a TV and not hear or see Knicks basketball as the main talk in NYC prior to that. When Melo came back the talk did die out little by little for some reason after the D'Antoni firing. People even questioned the likeability of this team.

My own experience was a weird week when I would take my lunch break w/ my Knicks fitted and random people would walk up to me and say "yo how bout' dem Knicks" "that asian kid can ball, Knicks are back" and I'm literally left w/ a WTF is going on here face? that happened like 10 or 15 times. Later on when Melo/Stat/JR came, that wasn't happening.

Yes, because Lin wasn't running the show anymore and we were still winning, he was looked at as the savior of NY and once Melo & Amare came back to prove we could still win he became just another Tebow-like sports figure.

I find that hard to believe seeing how Melo' carried us into the playoffs that final month of the season just balling outta his ***king mind, especially after that Easter game.

mightybosstone
07-24-2012, 03:08 PM
I have a hard time believing anything from the guy who trashed Lin until he turned into a Houston Rocket.
I've addressed this already. And I have a hard time taking seriously someone who is constantly ripped on by legitimate posters on this site.

The Indiana Pacers add: Ian Mahimi, DJ Augustin, Gerald Green.
Knicks add: Felton, Brewer, Camby, Kidd.
The Knicks overall had a better haul, but the Pacers were a better constructed team to begin with and I think Augustin is easily the best player out of that group.

Lol at "regular matchups mean nothing." In that case, everyone who hasn't faced Miami in the playoffs should be able to beat them regardless if they got swept in the regular season, right?
I don't know what point you're trying to make here, but it's an awful one.

The Pacers won 80% of their games against bad teams. If you do that, you can easily look superior because of the number of wins.
Who cares? Everyone in the NBA plays everyone else. If the Knicks had a worse record than the Pacers, it certainly wasn't because Indiana got special treatment. And I don't care if the Pacers lost every single matchup against the Knicks. If the Knicks lost to teams the Pacers beat, they end up with a far worse record (like they did) and get beat earlier in the playoffs, then Indiana was the better team.

The Pacers faced an Orlando team WITHOUT Dwight Howard. If It was NY in that spot, you would be talking about how Howard was not apart of the team and it was an easy path to the 2nd round.
Because they were the better, more consistent regular season team than NY was. That's what happens. You win more games, you get a better seed. Do you not understand how the playoffs work?

What did the Pacers accomplish in the 2nd round? 1 more win than the Knicks. Well, that certainly makes them game changers!
The Knicks were never in their series with the Heat. It was never close. The Pacers had a chance to close them out and forced Lebron and Co. to play better basketball in order to win. The Pacers were better than New York. Period.

Did the wins against Miami in the regular season help Boston? Well, Idk...They took it to 7 games and nearly beat Miami until LeBron got hot from outside? It game them confidence and understating on how to be Miami.
And they still lost. Good point. ;)

Fact is Miami was faced with elimination TWICE. Boston was faced with elimination ONCE. The regular season is where confidence is built for playoff matchups.
This is just a piss poor argument. Boston beat Miami three times, but still lost in the finals, and I have no freaking clue what point you're trying to make with elimination games. Also, as far as your "regular season builds confidence" argument goes, if that were true, then teams with the best record would win the Finals more often. Look at the last few seasons and you'll see that clearly isn't the case.

KniCks4LiFe
07-24-2012, 03:12 PM
I find that hard to believe seeing how Melo' carried us into the playoffs that final month of the season just balling outta his ***king mind, especially after that Easter game.

And hardly anyone talked about it. They took a stand against him. I'm not saying it was right on either side, but most exciting Knicks run last season, that was Linsanity.

Kashmir13579
07-24-2012, 03:15 PM
Linsanity was the most exciting Knick run in the last decade.. Wrap your head around that.

shep33
07-24-2012, 03:16 PM
Great signing by the Knicks. If Felton comes back in shape, then they're much better than last year imo.

Nowhere near as good as Lin, however, better depth all around.

justinnum1
07-24-2012, 03:18 PM
Only problem is see is a bunch of these knicks players are one way players. You need guys that are good on both offense and defense to get far in the east.

knickfan447
07-24-2012, 03:19 PM

Mightboss- Lin is going to be the shane spencer of the Nba.

shep33
07-24-2012, 03:20 PM
Only problem is see is a bunch of these knicks players are one way players. You need guys that are good on both offense and defense to get far in the east.

True. Their problem was on offense last year, they were pretty good defensively.

Gonna be interesting to see what type of changes they make.

Losoway
felton > lin

DoMeFavors
Keith Bogans > Ronnie Brewer

mightybosstone
It doesn't matter what this season is. Fact is, the regular season prepares for the playoffs. The regular season plays into the NEXT season.
It prepares you, of course. The 82-game season isn't pointless. But to say that regular season matchups are more important than overall record or how far a team got in the playoffs is ********.

Therefore, our season series accomplishments against certain teams cannot be simply ignored or thrown off like it doesn't matter.
They don't matter. If a team x gets swept by team y during the regular season but then goes on to win the championship, team x was the better team. Period.

The same people who say "regular season dont mattah" are the same people who said the Knicks wouldn't beat Miami BECAUSE of the 0-3 regular season stats. But when the shoe is on the other foot, those stats meaninglessness.
No. People said that because Miami was the superior basketball team. They proved it.

In fact, the regular season should be canceled and the playoffs should just start every season because nothing about it makes a difference in the playoffs.
No one is saying that. Teams need to endure the regular season and prove themselves to get a higher seed for the playoffs. The Knicks did not do that as well as a team like Indiana did. If anything, you're making arguments AGAINST why the Knicks are a good team, not FOR them being a good team.

Fact is, the East will be Miami, Boston, Indiana, NY, Chicago, Brooklyn. That will be the core of the East power teams. No other way to look at it.
Probably. Philly, Orlando and Atlanta could have a shot if certain things go their way. And young teams like Cleveland and Washington could be better than expected. Regardless, I think New York is likely the fourth best team in the East, and I don't know why you're disputing that.

knickfan447
07-24-2012, 03:21 PM
Linsanity was the most exciting Knick run in the last decade.. Wrap your head around that.

Well considering they tanked seasons i would say so but no where near as much fun as 1994 sorry!!!

justinnum1
07-24-2012, 03:26 PM

lol

KniCks4LiFe
07-24-2012, 03:27 PM

Bogans better shooter, Brewer is better defensively. Brewer is better than Bogans.

KniCks4LiFe
07-24-2012, 03:28 PM
Well considering they tanked seasons i would say so but no where near as much fun as 1994 sorry!!!

really style of play was more fun. But 94' season was more about the Rangers and Knicks at the same time.

justinnum1
07-24-2012, 03:32 PM
Bogans better shooter, Brewer is better defensively. Brewer is better than Bogans.

For sure. But i think its closer than most. Brewer is a one dimensional player. It will be harder for the knicks on offense why he is on the floor because no one will respect his shooting. And defensively he will be ok but the knicks have no where near the defenders the bulls did.

DoMeFavors
07-24-2012, 03:32 PM

Umm who started for the Bulls?

EDUTEXANS
07-24-2012, 03:34 PM
felton > lin
too soon to tell, only future will tell, but I would rather risk on Lin than settle with Felton

no

justinnum1
07-24-2012, 03:37 PM

Come on. Mike bibby started for miami in the finals, do you think he is better than chamlers?

Do you think danny green is better than manu?

meloman1592
07-24-2012, 03:45 PM
For sure. But i think its closer than most. Brewer is a one dimensional player. It will be harder for the knicks on offense why he is on the floor because no one will respect his shooting. And defensively he will be ok but the knicks have no where near the defenders the bulls did.

Wow...the only position that is clearly better on defense in the bulls favor is SF. Deng >Melo on D. Rose isn't a great defender, Boozer :facepalm:, Tyson >Noah on D. As far as the bench, Watson isn't better on D than Kidd, Korver <<<JR, Camby = Asik. A case can be made for Gibson........I wont even mention Shump.

Thibs defensive philosophy and constant drilling and preaching of effort is what puts them over the top.

meloman1592
07-24-2012, 03:47 PM

I would laugh, but you're actually serious...ban yourself. Keith Bogans is irrelevant and will not see any playing time behind JJ and Brooks.

KniCks4LiFe
07-24-2012, 03:47 PM

TeamSeattle
07-24-2012, 03:48 PM
Come on. Mike bibby started for miami in the finals, do you think he is better than chamlers?

owned.

$GangGr33n$
07-24-2012, 03:53 PM
If Felton comes in in shape...similar to "if Oden stays healthy."

http://www.complex.com/sports/2012/07/gallery-the-many-thoughts-of-a-fat-raymond-felton

hes already lost weight and is in shape

jrudnik
07-24-2012, 03:56 PM

:confused:

The only way he is better is shooting the corner three. That is it.

elledaddy
07-24-2012, 03:57 PM
The Knicks are a unique team in that they aren't concerned with a worldwide phenomenon like most other teams would be. There have been several reports, which I don't feel like looking up at the moment, that spells out how much money the Knicks will save by not signing him, regardless of his worldwide phenomenon status. And as far as Melo being a franchise player...I tend to agree that he is SUPPOSED to be a franchise player, though I myself wouldn't qualify him as one. But that is who is most IMPORTANT, and EXCITING to fans. The guy who is supposed to be the cornerstone of your franchise.

I never once said that it was a fluke. I simply said what it was last year. It was 25 games last year. I even said, if you had read it, that I am not saying he won't continue to improve or that he won't be a good to great player. As far as this excitement and importance aspect you are arguing though, it was 25 games last year. The Asian market for Yao is in no way comparable to what the Asian market for a kid born in California is going to be. Lin is not from China, he is not even Chinese. The reason Yao's Asian market was so huge was because he was a STAR in China before he ever stepped foot on an NBA floor. So the comparison is ludicrous. And financial experts since the Knicks declined to match have stated as much all over the air waves.

Yes, he is young and could have been a building block. You don't pay $46 million dollars in one year for a player that COULD be a building block. And since when has James Dolan ever been concerned with YOUNG players that COULD be building blocks. He was loved by the Knicks fans, I agree. But Knicks fans love and root for their team. They always will, no matter who is on the team. Losing Lin is not going to change that.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:....... Very well said Sir.

KniCks4LiFe
07-24-2012, 03:58 PM
hes already lost weight and is in shape

he's in a shape, not in shape yet. And yes that's w/ the summer league pics and the other released pics.

Sssmush
07-24-2012, 03:59 PM

Nycbball08
07-24-2012, 04:15 PM

Shut your *** up bee yach!!

Evolution23
07-24-2012, 04:16 PM
still doesnt solve our lack of a starting sg problem.. ronnie has no offense

why would you need offense in the starting lineup when you have Melo, Amare, and Felton.

DragonJaii
07-24-2012, 04:18 PM
keith bogans > ronnie brewer

no.

Kashmir13579
07-24-2012, 04:18 PM
why would you need offense in the starting lineup when you have Melo, Amare, and Felton.

Evolution23
07-24-2012, 04:19 PM

This

thekmp211
07-24-2012, 04:22 PM

no, he got it right, kidd can't defend anyone anymore.

still they will be great on defense and brewer is a great pickup.

Weezy
07-24-2012, 04:24 PM

justinnum1
07-24-2012, 04:27 PM

Not sure if serious.

Captain Moroni
07-24-2012, 04:34 PM
There's the argument that it's ridiculous to "discuss" the top defensive teams this far before the season. Melo/Amare still play 35 min. each, that's 35 min of bad rotations and boxing out so we'll see...

Actually it's 70 minutes.

Captain Moroni
07-24-2012, 04:36 PM

You need scoring off the bench and a perimeter shooter to space things

NYtilIdie
07-24-2012, 04:39 PM

But it wasn't, wrap your head around THAT! 9 games doesn't outdo a month stretch by both Amare & Melo.

Take your ***king crying somewhere else, its getting old at this point.

NYtilIdie
07-24-2012, 04:40 PM
Geez, too bad we didn't resign Lin he would've locked down all 5 positions AT ONCE!

Evolution23
07-24-2012, 04:46 PM
You need scoring off the bench and a perimeter shooter to space things

Yes I know that. My point was, you can get scoring from Melo and Amare in the starting lineup. Use Brewer for his defense and occasionally finishing at the rim. We have a lot of firepower coming off the bench.

Evolution23
07-24-2012, 04:49 PM
Geez, too bad we didn't resign Lin he would've locked down all 5 positions AT ONCE!

If the Knicks had Lin he would be so overrated but now that he left, the Knicks made the mistake of the century. Gimme a break, he's an ok player.

mightybosstone
07-24-2012, 04:52 PM
Shut your *** up bee yach!!
It's intelligent comments like this that make me have high hopes for the future of Knicks fans. Godspeed sir in your pursuit of that GED. I know retail work (and by retail, I mean bagging groceries at a supermarket and/or dealing drugs) is hard work, but somebody has to do it.

Not sure if serious.
I was literally about to type this exact statement, but you beat me too it. Well played.

BigBlueCrew
07-24-2012, 05:03 PM

Someone making sense about the Knicks on PSD......

I think I might :cry:

NYKnickFanatic
07-24-2012, 05:08 PM
It's intelligent comments like this that make me have high hopes for the future of Knicks fans. Godspeed sir in your pursuit of that GED. I know retail work (and by retail, I mean bagging groceries as a supermarket and/or dealing drugs) is hard work, but somebody has to do it.

I was literally about to type this exact statement, but you beat me too it. Well played.

:laugh: :clap:

Jarvo
07-24-2012, 05:18 PM
Oh **** ! This will put the Knicks over the top ! :worthy:

justinnum1
07-24-2012, 05:33 PM
Oh **** ! This will put the Knicks over the top ! :worthy:

I thought pablo prigioni put them over the top

AndyfromNeptune
07-24-2012, 05:37 PM

How does Carmelo Anthony ruin the offense?

He is the offense. Best scorer on the Knicks if not the NBA.

I definitely do not agree with you.

eaglesfanphilly
07-24-2012, 05:39 PM
If the Knicks had Lin he would be so overrated but now that he left, the Knicks made the mistake of the century. Gimme a break, he's an ok player.

38 and 7 vs the lakers with no help what so ever, outplayed kobe bryant, yea hes an ok player :facepalm:

KniCks4LiFe
07-24-2012, 05:47 PM
But it wasn't, wrap your head around THAT! 9 games doesn't outdo a month stretch by both Amare & Melo.

Take your ***king crying somewhere else, its getting old at this point.

Yes it did.

I honestly don't see the arguement w/ you and Kash or ... let me ask you this what do you see on youtube more, Lin's games or the Melo stretch? which Amar'e was out for most of it, so it's not Amar'e and Melo. Even w/ that you can not deny the Linsanity stretch was ****ing near Fernando. It's like the team turned into a must watch team. They weren't must watch after that. They just weren't homie.

Do you ****ing realize this sh... has over 4 million views!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iWWFk6TX18

It's not even a year yet.

AndyfromNeptune
07-24-2012, 05:48 PM
38 and 7 vs the lakers with no help what so ever, outplayed kobe bryant, yea hes an ok player :facepalm:

Nate Robinson dropped more than 40 against the Trail Blazers and the Hawks only 3 years ago. Currently, he is without a contract.

eaglesfanphilly
07-24-2012, 05:54 PM
Nate Robinson dropped more than 40 against the Trail Blazers and the Hawks only 3 years ago. Currently, he is without a contract.

jeremy lin is the reason why the knicks made the playoffs, before he saw the court they were in disarray, he lit a spark and not just for 1 game like ur boy robinson, on a consistent basis

KniCks4LiFe
07-24-2012, 05:54 PM

Now I remember Nate. But do you remember Nate the PG? was he a good PG? answer to that is no, was he a talented shooter? yes, was he a headcase? yes. He played w/ emotion, was undersized, had hops but thought he was A.I.

eaglesfanphilly
07-24-2012, 05:55 PM
:laugh: :clap:

:cricket:

Jarvo
07-24-2012, 05:56 PM
I thought pablo prigioni put them over the top

The past couple of dudes they signed did lol

StarvingKnick22
07-24-2012, 06:06 PM
S&t?

LGhost
07-24-2012, 06:15 PM
screw this! I'm not changing my sig! The Bulls have ruined my team

oak2455
07-24-2012, 06:18 PM
It's intelligent comments like this that make me have high hopes for the future of Knicks fans. Godspeed sir in your pursuit of that GED. I know retail work (and by retail, I mean bagging groceries at a supermarket and/or dealing drugs) is hard work, but somebody has to do it.

best post of this thread:clap::speechless::clap::speechless:

Evolution23
07-24-2012, 06:25 PM

I've watched every single Lin game. You can't just pick out 1 incredible game and claim he's going to do that every night. Kobe wasn't guarding him, it was Fisher and he's pretty old...

Evolution23
07-24-2012, 06:28 PM
Yes it did.

I honestly don't see the arguement w/ you and Kash or ... let me ask you this what do you see on youtube more, Lin's games or the Melo stretch? which Amar'e was out for most of it, so it's not Amar'e and Melo. Even w/ that you can not deny the Linsanity stretch was ****ing near Fernando. It's like the team turned into a must watch team. They weren't must watch after that. They just weren't homie.

Now you are talking about 2 different things. Whats more important popularity or winning basketball games. After that 7 game winning streak Lin wasn't as good. When Melo was healthy that Knicks went 18-6 to close out the season with Melo averaging 30 ppg. BTW that was the Knicks toughest part of the schedule while the "Linsanity craze" happened during the easiest part of the schedule.

Slimsim
07-24-2012, 06:34 PM
how does fields get 20 mil for 3 years and brewer signs for 1.1 mil

KniCks4LiFe
07-24-2012, 06:40 PM
I've watched every single Lin game. You can't just pick out 1 incredible game and claim he's going to do that every night. Kobe wasn't guarding him, it was Fisher and he's pretty old...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqX2X0_W_5c&feature=relmfu

so when he did it a against Kidd who is one of the top 10 defensive backcourt players in the league, and Shawn Marion who is ranked #14 in DWS for forwards, that wasn't enough?

Now you are talking about 2 different things. Whats more important popularity or winning basketball games. After that 7 game winning streak Lin wasn't as good. When Melo was healthy that Knicks went 18-6 to close out the season with Melo averaging 30 ppg. BTW that was the Knicks toughest part of the schedule while the "Linsanity craze" happened during the easiest part of the schedule.

no no no no...we're talking about most exciting basketball we watched this season. That was clearly the Linsanity run. This time next yr. Knicks fans will still talk about the Linsanity run over the Melo stretch.

Can we end this debate? it is a Ronnie Brewer Knicks signing thread.

keetyweedy
07-24-2012, 06:42 PM

Its because he played w/ the knicks, they make dreams come true....

Slimsim
07-24-2012, 06:45 PM
Its because he played w/ the knicks, they make dreams come true....

sorry but to most brewer is a upgrade over fields and yet he got him for much cheaper while Toronto over paid and fields isn't even a need in Toronto with derozan and Ross Wow did the raptors **** that 1 up

meloman1592
07-24-2012, 06:50 PM

because the raptors didn't want fields, they just tried to screw us out of Nash..it worked but backfired on them anyway. I'm looking forward to watching him get torched by Melo

MassoDio
07-24-2012, 06:52 PM

The Raptors had ulterior motives that blew up in their face. That's how. lol

keetyweedy
07-24-2012, 06:59 PM
sorry but to most brewer is a upgrade over fields and yet he got him for much cheaper while Toronto over paid and fields isn't even a need in Toronto with derozan and Ross Wow did the raptors **** that 1 up

Fields was over payed, Lin was over payed and im pretty sure Novak got some ridiculous contract offers as well but he chose to re-sign...Im tellin you its NY they make dreams come true lol

DamnGoat
07-24-2012, 07:00 PM
Good for Ronnie. I wish him the best, even with the Knicks.

knicknut51
07-24-2012, 07:51 PM
The knicks have done a good job but they need a big that can score thats where andre blanthe come in be it thats he is not great defensively but we have enough defense we need more offense.

SteBO
07-24-2012, 07:55 PM
Knicks have had a pretty good offseason. I really like this signing for the Knicks. Brewer is a really good perimeter defender.

Bulls_fan90
07-24-2012, 08:03 PM
Scrub offensively, but enjoy his defense.

justinnum1
07-24-2012, 08:03 PM
Knicks have had a pretty good offseason. I really like this signing for the Knicks. Brewer is a really good perimeter defender.

Yep, but they better get the 2 or 3 seed. if they get the 4th or 5th seed i dont see how they get past the 2nd round.

TeamSeattle
07-24-2012, 08:04 PM
Scrub

brewer is no scrub, why cuz he left the Bulls?

dc5jdm
07-24-2012, 08:10 PM
Man new Yorkers really believe their team is elite. Lol

justinnum1
07-24-2012, 08:16 PM
brewer is no scrub, why cuz he left the Bulls?

unless he ninja edited, he is right on. Brewer is a great defender and awful on offense.

NYtilIdie
07-24-2012, 08:41 PM
Yes it did.

No it doesn't. I talking about Melo' & Amare's separate stretches, Amare's 30 PPG stretch in December 2 years ago & Melo's april run as he was doing the same. Amare brought back the basketball aura in NY with his run 2 years ago and Melo getting traded here brought back excitement and he finally lived up to it in the final month of season that was crucial when MIL was riding up our ***.

Lets be honest and I hate to take it here, but the only reason the whole "Linsanity" thing blew up is because he's asian. Why do you think he has so many views on Youtube? Everybody knows how much the Chinese influences the market & revenue, the media found the next big asian sensation in Lin since Yao retired, he's the ultimate cash cow right now. I don't remember Brandon Jennings getting much praise when he was on a short tare his rookie season and he dropped 55 against GS. Race is the key factor with Lin & his popularity.

Honestly, I have no beef with Kash I just can't stand how he mopes on every signing the Knicks have made and refuses to move on from the Lin decision.

DoMeFavors
07-24-2012, 08:43 PM
The fact is Brewer couldnt get more than 1 million from a team and was cut by the Bulls he isnt valued.

NYtilIdie
07-24-2012, 08:59 PM
The fact is Brewer couldnt get more than 1 million from a team and was cut by the Bulls he isnt valued.

Go ask Bull fans how they feel about Bogans then come back here and talk to me.

jp611
07-24-2012, 09:07 PM
Ronnie Brewer is a really good pickup for New York, they are going to have a really good defense next year, if Felton can lose some pounds and play halfway decent then they will be a top 3 team next year in the East

kjoke
07-24-2012, 09:23 PM
He's too one dimensional. You can't have three players on one team score, and the others defend. I think we saw that with the Bulls, Thunder. The NBA has moved on to move verstaile players. As much as he will be a defensive player, he will be a liability on the other side.

KnickaBocka.44
07-24-2012, 09:32 PM
No it doesn't. I talking about Melo' & Amare's separate stretches, Amare's 30 PPG stretch in December 2 years ago & Melo's april run as he was doing the same. Amare brought back the basketball aura in NY with his run 2 years ago and Melo getting traded here brought back excitement and he finally lived up to it in the final month of season that was crucial when MIL was riding up our ***.

Lets be honest and I hate to take it here, but the only reason the whole "Linsanity" thing blew up is because he's asian. Why do you think he has so many views on Youtube? Everybody knows how much the Chinese influences the market & revenue, the media found the next big asian sensation in Lin since Yao retired, he's the ultimate cash cow right now. I don't remember Brandon Jennings getting much praise when he was on a short tare his rookie season and he dropped 55 against GS. Race is the key factor with Lin & his popularity.

Honestly, I have no beef with Kash I just can't stand how he mopes on every signing the Knicks have made and refuses to move on from the Lin decision.

I see what you're saying here. However, the real story was that he was undrafted and sat the bench until he was finally given an opportunity, and instead of so many others, he took his chance and ran with it. He also happened to be a Harvard grad. Race played a part in the headlines and it gave people something else to say other than "wow, this kid can play". NY has a huge asian population and we saw how many asian people started following the Knicks because of that. He is also very humble and likable, all of these things contributed to the amount of attention he got.

GiantsSwaGG
07-24-2012, 09:33 PM
Who cares about his offensive, we have enough scorers...we just need a solid defender until Shump comes back. Joel Anthony, James Jones, Reggie Evans, Keith Bogans suck on offense, yet get minutes because of what they bring to the table as far as there defense and rebounding!

DragonJaii
07-24-2012, 09:34 PM
good signing for the knicks. goodluck ronnie

MrfadeawayJB
07-24-2012, 09:39 PM
Very good pickup. He will add defense and energy to the knicks. I think he may be one of the under-rated signings the knicks have done this year

justinnum1
07-24-2012, 09:49 PM
Who cares about his offensive, we have enough scorers...we just need a solid defender until Shump comes back. Joel Anthony, James Jones, Reggie Evans, Keith Bogans suck on offense, yet get minutes because of what they bring to the table as far as there defense and rebounding!

And neither of those guys played in the playoffs. you can not play one way players and beat miami.

StarvingKnick22
07-24-2012, 10:12 PM
screw this! I'm not changing my sig! The Bulls have ruined my team

lol. The KNICK SG ronnie Brewer doesn't understand the picture. Jk but I believe you guys can still rock your division.

I am Smart
07-24-2012, 10:18 PM
As a Bulls fan- He is one of the best defensive players in the league and hustles to loose balls. He can guard just about any guard. With that said, he is a terrible shooter so don't expect to score much.

Beltrans Mole
07-24-2012, 10:34 PM
As a Bulls fan- He is one of the best defensive players in the league and hustles to loose balls. He can guard just about any guard. With that said, he is a terrible shooter so don't expect to score much.

No one is expecting him to shoot or be a main scoring threat. Come off the bench, bring energy and play great defense. That's all we need.

stoopboy45
07-25-2012, 12:14 AM
Ronnie Brewer is a really good pickup for New York, they are going to have a really good defense next year, if Felton can lose some pounds and play halfway decent then they will be a top 3 team next year in the East

Felton has already dropped the weight. Saw him at a Summer League game when they interviewed him. He looked good. Said he knows he was out of shape and has lost the weight and feels good.

justinnum1
07-25-2012, 12:15 AM
he needs to lose like 30

Punk
07-25-2012, 01:50 AM
he needs to lose like 30

He weights a shade under 200 now so far.

TheRunKiller
07-25-2012, 01:58 AM
WOAHHHH.....THATS a great pickup. brewer defensive is scary

I don't like you at all

Brewer is a good player if he had any kind of offense he'd be a even better player.

TheRunKiller
07-25-2012, 01:59 AM
Felton > Lin seriously. maybe u guys forgot how good he played before the melo trade he was real good

GiantsSwaGG
07-25-2012, 02:00 AM
And neither of those guys played in the playoffs. you can not play one way players and beat miami.

Mavs played Tyson chandler, Brian Cardinal and beat Miami last year!

Losoway
07-25-2012, 02:30 AM
brewer is brolic as hell . no need to lose weight

Riff Raff
07-25-2012, 05:35 AM
Good pickup no doubt. Still don't get why Bulls let him walk. Brings aggressive D which is something you can never have two much of. Especially when your star Guard is gonna miss a portion of the season

jp611
07-25-2012, 07:44 AM
Good pickup no doubt. Still don't get why Bulls let him walk. Brings aggressive D which is something you can never have two much of. Especially when your star Guard is gonna miss a portion of the season

Jimmy Butler is ready for his chance in the NBA... Ronnie was holding him back and Jimmy is a capable defender and has a better offensive game then Ronnie

LongIslandIcedZ
07-25-2012, 08:39 AM
Very excited about the potential incredible defensive, offensively boring lineup of:

Kidd
Shumpert
Brewer
Camby/Chandler
Chandler/Camby

or

Shumpert
Brewer
Melo
Camby/Chandler
Chandler/Camby

oak2455
07-25-2012, 08:42 AM
Wow all for Ronnie

$GangGr33n$
07-25-2012, 10:04 AM
Wow all for Ronnie

no there was a good 6 or 7 pages of Lin in between lol

PurpleJesus28
07-25-2012, 10:53 AM
Agree with almost everything you said.

1. GREAT in team defense. So solid. Not necessarily a lock down one-on-one player, but can really bolster a team defense and give you some timely steals etc... This guy will get you PUMPED UP.

2. Horrible jumpshot. It's improving, but he needs to get even better. Regardless, INCREDIBLE slasher. He will team up well with the experienced PGs.

My homie Brewer. I'll miss you. One of the hardest to let go....

Agreed, little bit of salt on the wound with him going to the Knicks too:cry:

YashBoone
07-25-2012, 10:54 AM

Are you a Knicks fan???

If not, who is you favorite team?

MadBomber
07-25-2012, 11:24 AM
good pickup by the knicks...they have solid defensive players.

Gandalf
07-25-2012, 11:30 AM
nice signing for the Knicks even though i hate them LOL

KnicksorBust
07-25-2012, 10:04 PM
Nice stop gap until Shump is 100%.

Captain Moroni
07-25-2012, 10:26 PM
Yep, but they better get the 2 or 3 seed. if they get the 4th or 5th seed i dont see how they get past the 2nd round.

But the number 8 seed got past number 1 this year....crazy things happen

Captain Moroni
07-25-2012, 10:27 PM
Man new Yorkers really believe their team is elite. Lol

And laker fans don't?

Captain Moroni
07-25-2012, 10:29 PM

Just ask the Bulls

knicksfan42
07-25-2012, 10:33 PM
Nice stop gap until Shump is 100%.

He's better than Shumpert.

justinnum1
07-25-2012, 10:36 PM
Just ask the Bulls

Ask them what? How many times they beat miami in the playoffs?

Please dont bring up regular season games.

Captain Moroni
07-25-2012, 10:36 PM
He's better than Shumpert.

Uhhhh no he is not. Imans talent is freakish and his ceiling is very high.

Captain Moroni
07-25-2012, 10:38 PM
Ask them what? How many times they beat miami in the playoffs?

Please dont bring up regular season games.

Yes, you stated that you cant beat Miami with one dimensional players. Just like Chicago found out. Defense alone gets you nowhere

knicksfan42
07-25-2012, 10:38 PM
Uhhhh no he is not. Imans talentis freakish and his ceiling is very high.

Based on what? Iman can do one thing and that's defend well. That's it. He's not smart, he can't shoot (he has poor shot selection too), and he has poor court vision.