PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Love Upset About Playing Time On Team USA

Pages : [1] 2

Clippersfan86
07-24-2012, 10:22 AM
http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2012/07/kevin-love-finds-limited-playing-time-with-team-usa-tough/

Starting to look like one of the most entitled players in the game with his many complaints this offseason :facepalm:.

WSU Tony
07-24-2012, 10:25 AM
I tend to agree.

310Casper
07-24-2012, 10:30 AM
This isn't the minnesota timberwolves anymore, son. You're playing alongside cp3, kobe, lebron and carmelo.

Simmer down.

Metsboi69
07-24-2012, 10:30 AM
If we had SOME size he'd already be off the team, coach K is sick of him.

Clippersfan86
07-24-2012, 10:32 AM
What's weird is Coach K raved about Griffin and loved his game but dislikes Love right now. Is it the whole jumpshooting bigman thing? Is it the attitude??

NYKnickFanatic
07-24-2012, 10:32 AM
:laugh2: Team player.

Avenged
07-24-2012, 10:37 AM
We don't need ego's on the team. All of the guys on the roster [except Love, I guess] understand their role and all of them do what is asked.. This is something you do for pride of representing your country, come on Love.. :pity: Coaches should be strict about this especially going to the media about it, cut him!

meloman1592
07-24-2012, 10:40 AM
He expects to take time away from lebron, kd, melo and Chandler? He could kick rocks...they're waaayyy more necessary than he is

JiffyMix88
07-24-2012, 10:42 AM
guess its just me kevin love >>>>>>> Carmelo Anthony at the 4
and really id start a franchise around love before carmelo

justinnum1
07-24-2012, 10:42 AM
Sounds like another diva in the making. Give his minutes to the brow.

Swashcuff
07-24-2012, 10:44 AM
Big Love supporter but I wonder if is poor defensive ability is the real cause behind this "lack" of playing time.

kdspurman
"I just need to get into a rhythm, and there’s no real chances out here to do that. I was playing more minutes in Turkey than I am now, and they can say I’m not playing great. But I didn’t touch the ball yesterday, and there’s nothing I can really do in that regard"

He needs to change his mindset and realize they don't need him to score, and he's never going to be an option to score. He needs to realize he's 6'10 and be some sort of a defensive presence and rebound the hell out of the ball while he's in there. That's the only reason he's going to get playing time, and he should make it happen. It will also help his NBA game by becoming better on the defensive end.

JiffyMix88
We don't need ego's on the team. All of the guys on the roster [except Love, I guess] understand their role and all of them do what is asked.. This is something you do for pride of representing your country, come on Love.. :pity: Coaches should be strict about this especially going to the media about it, cut him!

yeah ok he just said it was tough and he needs to get in rhythm in the limited minutes and hopefully he can get more pt by showing them, i'm fine with everything he said.

Let Carmelo's minutes go down to 5 i bet he says something!

Avenged
07-24-2012, 10:45 AM

Doesn't matter if Love is the best player in the league.. If the coach isn't giving him minutes on the olympic squad just keep your mouth shut and do what is asked. Playing for your country is different than playing for your regular team, well at least to me that's how I see it.

yeah ok he just said it was tough and he needs to get in rhythm in the limited minutes and hopefully he can get more pt by showing them, i'm fine with everything he said.

The reason doesn't matter, he's still complaining.

Losoway
07-24-2012, 10:46 AM
this dude complains about everything . smh he is starting to really annoy me

Plus the few minutes he plays he has been stinking the court up

LongIslandIcedZ
I'm sure its frustrating to not get the minutes you want and in turn, not get the points you want. However, there are a lot of players that are better at scoring than Love. Love's biggest asset on this team is rebounding. If he rebounds at a ridiculous level like he is known to do, and plays solid defense, he'll get minutes.

Losoway
kevin love is a stat padding king . he cant do that around greatness

NYKnickFanatic
07-24-2012, 10:47 AM

Ok Coach K.

JerseyPalahniuk
07-24-2012, 10:51 AM
Doesn't matter if Love is the best player in the league.. If the coach isn't giving him minutes on the olympic squad just keep your mouth shut and do what is asked. Playing for your country is different than playing for your regular team, well at least to me that's how I see it.

The reason doesn't matter, he's still complaining.

Do you think Kobe would not react if he only played 5 minutes a game? I'm sure he would say something a lot more aggressive than this.

Heediot
07-24-2012, 10:51 AM
I think people are taking his statement out of context. Read the article.

JiffyMix88
07-24-2012, 10:54 AM
I'm sure its frustrating to not get the minutes you want and in turn, not get the points you want. However, there are a lot of players that are better at scoring than Love. Love's biggest asset on this team is rebounding. If he rebounds at a ridiculous level like he is known to do, and plays solid defense, he'll get minutes.

idk if you look at last year's stats he was 6th in PER and ahead of Carmelo in almost every single category.

IDK maybe I'm the only one that sees Love's true greatness and how hes Dirk 2.0

meloman1592
07-24-2012, 10:56 AM
How did melo get brought into this?

Swashcuff
07-24-2012, 10:57 AM
idk if you look at last year's stats he was 6th in PER and ahead of Carmelo in almost every single category.

IDK maybe I'm the only one that sees Love's true greatness and how hes Dirk 2.0

I have defended Love more/better than any poster not named Hawkeye15 here on PSD and honestly IMO last season's production really doesn't correlate with Team USA and what Coach K is trying to get at. Conventional wisdom tells us yes that Love should be ahead of Melo on any depth chart at the PF but maybe its part of team USA stratergy to create mismatches offensively with other teams by running the line-ups they currently do out there.

eric1501
07-24-2012, 10:58 AM

Because he is the only chucker on the team and deserves less minutes.

JiffyMix88
07-24-2012, 10:59 AM
Ok Coach K.

I'm sry if offended you that I said Love was a better player than your favorite player

theheatles
07-24-2012, 10:59 AM

i concur

yanksrock
07-24-2012, 11:00 AM

This.

IKnowtrust
07-24-2012, 11:01 AM
"I just need to get into a rhythm, and thereís no real chances out here to do that. I was playing more minutes in Turkey than I am now, and they can say Iím not playing great. But I didnít touch the ball yesterday, and thereís nothing I can really do in that regard"

He needs to change his mindset and realize they don't need him to score, and he's never going to be an option to score. He needs to realize he's 6'10 and be some sort of a defensive presence and rebound the hell out of the ball while he's in there. That's the only reason he's going to get playing time, and he should make it happen. It will also help his NBA game by becoming better on the defensive end.

So Right...Grab Every Rebound Then You Will Be Touching The Ball!!!

JiffyMix88
07-24-2012, 11:03 AM

Cause we're talking about Love's minutes and I am agreeing with him when he says he deserves more minutes. I then brought Carmelo into by saying Love should be getting his minutes because he is not a natural 4 and is a chucker.

Is all the Carmelo/Knick fans caught up with me now?

seikou8
07-24-2012, 11:08 AM
Cause we're talking about Love's minutes and I am agreeing with him when he says he deserves more minutes. I then brought Carmelo into by saying Love should be getting his minutes because he is not a natural 4 and is a chucker.

Is all the Carmelo/Knick fans caught up with me now?

maybe he is a better fit , and melo doesn't chuck it up on team usa

WSU Tony
07-24-2012, 11:13 AM
Melo will always chuck, it's in his nature.

GeekInThePink
07-24-2012, 11:14 AM
While I think Kevin Love's skillset may deserve more PT his attitude just gave him an Olympic bench role.

Bigbadmoffo
07-24-2012, 11:15 AM
this dude complains about everything . smh he is starting to really annoy me

Plus the few minutes he plays he has been stinking the court up

Not as bad as lebron and wade for there whole career! Who cares love is better then chandler or carmelo ect. Last game was pathetic and they should've had move love hitting that 3 and rebounding.

Twinsfan24
07-24-2012, 11:20 AM
As a huge fan of KLOVE he needs to shut up. He is becoming a huge complainer. I think he should get more time but he doesn't play D. That is my biggest problem with him during the season and now it is exposed on the global stage. Hopefully he learns something from this...

JiffyMix88
07-24-2012, 11:21 AM
Not as bad as lebron and wade for there whole career! Who cares love is better then chandler or carmelo ect. Last game was pathetic and they should've had move love hitting that 3 and rebounding.

not lying
http://www.usabasketball.com/misc/12MNT_stats.pdf

Hype
07-24-2012, 11:22 AM
I love it, about time someone brought him back to reality. Be humble, and as for the Wolves if he had some D we wouldn't have lost so many close ones. In both cases - step up

LA_Raiders
07-24-2012, 11:38 AM
You are a bench player for Team USA son...

JiffyMix88
07-24-2012, 11:50 AM
You are a bench player for Team USA son...

which is exactly where kobe should be but this is sport is about lifelong achievements so no wonder westbrook and harden dont get more pt than him

kntresistheheat
07-24-2012, 11:51 AM
I'm wondering if minny REALLY got rid of all the bad blood that Kevin was talking about? Hey minny you forgot one!!

hovyboo
07-24-2012, 11:53 AM
I remember after his rookie year he was on Jim Rome saying him and Wayne Ellington deserved more playing time

He's been whining his whole career.... He just joined the list of players I purposely embarrass when I play them in 2k12

Chump move Love

KingPosey
07-24-2012, 11:54 AM
From a logic standpoint, I really would like our bigmen to play.

AddiX
07-24-2012, 11:56 AM
He doesn't belong on the team IMO, I've watched him on the court on the USA team, heck, even the all star team, he looks completely out classed by everyone on the court.

kdspurman
07-24-2012, 11:58 AM
which is exactly where kobe should be but this is sport is about lifelong achievements so no wonder westbrook and harden dont get more pt than him

I don't see any reason why either of those guys should get more PT than Kobe at this time.

meloman1592
07-24-2012, 11:58 AM

Melo chucks on team usa? What games are u watching? Stop being biased

airforceones25
07-24-2012, 12:00 PM

ding ding ding. we have a winner!

Patriotsfan97
07-24-2012, 12:04 PM

The one Heat fan I like. My man! :clap: Someone understands. Rumor says that the team doesn't like the way Love is playing as of now and Davis will be cutting into Love's minutes in the Olympics.

AddiX
07-24-2012, 12:07 PM
What does love do? He doesn't create for himself, doesn't create for his teammates, he gets beat up inside on defense, gets destroyed on the perimeter, his help defense is non- existent.

Anytime you watch love on a court with true premiere talent, he looks outclassed. He's a try hard, who gets stats, and that won't do much at the top level.

There's a reason you don't see top talent, or any talent at all running to Minnesota.

Hellcrooner
07-24-2012, 12:09 PM
Thats good news, hope Melo complains next and then kobe.
The more this thing happens the likelier the defeat.

Sadds The Gr8
07-24-2012, 12:13 PM
He just doesn't fit the ball pressuring/ball hawking, up-tempo style....this shouldn't be surprising. He'd fit great on a half-court based squad like Spain.

Avenged
07-24-2012, 12:14 PM

lol what

GREATNESS ONE
07-24-2012, 12:16 PM
Damn Love, how are you going to complain. You're from UCLA have some class and respect bro, we know you wanna play and deserve too but be a grown *** man and keep your mouth shut.

TeamSeattle
07-24-2012, 12:16 PM
What does love do? He doesn't create for himself, doesn't create for his teammates, he gets beat up inside on defense, gets destroyed on the perimeter, his help defense is non- existent.

Anytime you watch love on a court with true premiere talent, he looks outclassed. He's a try hard, who gets stats, and that won't do much at the top level.

There's a reason you don't see top talent, or any talent at all running to Minnesota.

I couldn't agree More about Love. The guy complains when he has been pretty trash in all the games he's played for us. Well I guess he just bought a one-way ticket to the bench. Welcome the brow.

Stinkyoutsider
07-24-2012, 12:18 PM
Sounds like he's going to pull a Rondo and walk out on the team?

What does he expect? He's playing with great players. He can't play defense and he can't give them the one thing our team needs which is a low post scorer. He can stretch the court with his shooting but I almost never see him beat any defender one on one consistently unless it's on the offensive glass.

He's not going to get the chance to change the coaching staff's minds too much once the tournament starts (garbage time) but he should make it a focus to get better defensively and in the post on the offensive side of the court.

He made a huge leap as a quality ball player after his last tournament with our team and he's probably looking for playing time so he can get the experience he needs to make another leap. He's not going to get it this tournament though (unless Chandler goes down).

MassoDio
07-24-2012, 12:20 PM
I am convinced that anyone here that is complaining about love...or saying that he complaining about playing time....or think he is a diva....did not read the article past the title. And even in that, didn't read the title very well.

Hellcrooner
07-24-2012, 12:21 PM
Well to be honest in the 2010 world cup only Durant played better than him under fiba rules.
So he must be pissed.

SlimKid
07-24-2012, 12:21 PM
Wow, this thread is like TMZ.. Read the article twice, he didn't say anything as bad as some of you are making. He wants to play, what a horrible teammate! How dare he!

sep11ie
07-24-2012, 12:22 PM
Who *****es about being on the Olympics team? It should be an honor just to be considered.

MassoDio
07-24-2012, 12:23 PM
Who *****es about being on the Olympics team? It should be an honor just to be considered.

He didn't ***** about being on the Olympic team.

Another person who didn't read the article.

Twins Fanatic
He has a point, makes more sense to start him at PF move LeBron to SG and Durant to SF and put Melo on the bench.

Losoway

how to troll 101 . pay close attention

GREATNESS ONE
07-24-2012, 12:27 PM
I am convinced that anyone here that is complaining about love...or saying that he complaining about playing time....or think he is a diva....did not read the article past the title. And even in that, didn't read the title very well.

Haha I usually read the article but just read the title lol

Not enough time to read the whole thing this time.

Should've figured the media twisted it up to make it seem bad(or story worthy)

AKAYaReal
07-24-2012, 12:37 PM
This aint Minni know more where you are the best player on the team so

Know Your Role (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETShkg-65fY)

GSW Hoops
07-24-2012, 12:40 PM
Even if K. Love deserves more playing time, that's not what the Olympic squad is all about. They are supposed to be selfless and leave their egos at the door. It's about winning gold, not getting playing time.

Hawkeye15
07-24-2012, 12:44 PM
Big Love supporter but I wonder if is poor defensive ability is the real cause behind this "lack" of playing time.

Probably so. I mean, I admit I keep wondering why Melo is getting time over him, because Melo's skillset is easily replaced by Durant and Bron for example, while Love's is unique. I understand Love was asked a direct question here, and feels he should be playing more. But the coach decides the minutes, and our team is obviously built on defensive pressure at this point.

I still don't get why Melo is getting more minutes however. We have LeBron and Durant to easily replace his scoring, and Iggy to be our defender.

smith&wesson
07-24-2012, 12:45 PM
love thinks he is better then he really is.

i think the guy is solid but he is one of the younger stars on a team filled with super stars like lebron, durant etc... i think he needs to come back down to earth a bit.

Hellcrooner
07-24-2012, 12:46 PM
Probably so. I mean, I admit I keep wondering why Melo is getting time over him, because Melo's skillset is easily replaced by Durant and Bron for example, while Love's is unique. I understand Love was asked a direct question here, and feels he should be playing more. But the coach decides the minutes, and our team is obviously built on defensive pressure at this point.

I still don't get why Melo is getting more minutes however. We have LeBron and Durant to easily replace his scoring, and Iggy to be our defender.

In any case, Love and Chandler should play a lot Today putting melo at PF against Ibaka and or Pau doesnt sound good.

Hawkeye15
07-24-2012, 12:46 PM
He doesn't belong on the team IMO, I've watched him on the court on the USA team, heck, even the all star team, he looks completely out classed by everyone on the court.

you didn't watch this years ASG obviously.

AddiX
07-24-2012, 12:47 PM

Because melo is a mismatch In basically every game with his inside and outside game, and 239 lb frame, that's why melo gets so many touches and has basically been given free reign to shoot anything he wants.

Hawkeye15
07-24-2012, 12:47 PM
In any case, Love and Chandler should play a lot Today putting melo at PF against Ibaka and or Pau doesnt sound good.

nah, and who knows, Love will possibly find some time against bigger teams whose guards can't be totally overwhelmed, and defensive rebounding now becomes extremely important. Honestly, due to matchups, he hasn't been needed a lot. Still curious as to why a player with a skillset easily replaced is getting more minutes however.

AddiX
07-24-2012, 12:48 PM
you didn't watch this years ASG obviously.

No I didn't... I'm assuming he did well since your posting that though...:clap:

Hawkeye15
07-24-2012, 12:49 PM
Because melo is a mismatch In basically every game with his inside and outside game, and 239 lb frame, that's why melo gets so many touches and has basically been given free reign to shoot anything he wants.

I still don't see the need, especially when we start playing teams that won't **** their pants being defended by our pressure, and that have talent up front, to have a 3rd guy doing the same thing our 2 best players do, only worse. Love will get some minutes here and there, he just has to be ready and defend harder.

smith&wesson

probably because he has been on the team longer and has been a solid scorer for coack k.

blake was probably there to rebound, play hard d, and set screens.. love is obviously alot more skilled then that but they just need him to play that role i guess.

JiffyMix88
lol what

when you see westbrook and harden on the floor the usa fastbreaks seem to be on a pour... when will ppl realize kobe isn't kobe anymore?

Hawkeye15
07-24-2012, 12:50 PM
No I didn't... I'm assuming he did well since your posting that though...:clap:

The first year he was in it, he looked totally lost, omg. Last year, he showed why he was the 3 point champ, and got hot in the 2nd half.

Hawkeye15
07-24-2012, 12:51 PM
probably because he has been on the team longer and has been a solid scorer for coack k.

blake was probably there to rebound, play hard d, and set screens.. love is obviously alot more skilled then that but they just need him to play that role i guess.

Oh for sure. Love needs to understand, if he wants to continue to be a part of Team USA, he needs to just take the role given to him and do it his best. He is 23. Unless the stupid under-23 rule comes in, he, along with Durant, Rose, Westbrook, Davis, Griffin, and a few others, will be the cornerstones of the 2016 team, where his role will most likely be much greater. But if he does turn into a complainer, they will look elsewhere.

Hawkeye15
07-24-2012, 12:53 PM
Btw, read the whole article. He isn't even complaining. He is saying its been tough for him to adjust to such limited minutes basically, and that he can't get it going. Nowhere in there is he literally whining about not getting minutes, or saying that his coach needs to play him more.

Hawkeye15
07-24-2012, 12:54 PM
As far as rebounding the ball, Iím always going to do that. But if they donít think Iím playing great, then fine. But hopefully I can prove that I am once I get a chance to get out there. Guys like LeBron and Kevin and Carmelo are playing a lot of 4. Iíve been playing mostly 5, playing out of position, so who knows?íĒ

Is this really complaining?

JiffyMix88
07-24-2012, 12:55 PM
Btw, read the whole article. He isn't even complaining. He is saying its been tough for him to adjust to such limited minutes basically, and that he can't get it going. Nowhere in there is he literally whining about not getting minutes, or saying that his coach needs to play him more.

i know all he is saying is hopefully he can show them he needs more pt its the knicks/carmelo/people who don't read outside of the title who is saying anything about him being upset or complaining...

Hellcrooner
07-24-2012, 12:56 PM
Oh for sure. Love needs to understand, if he wants to continue to be a part of Team USA, he needs to just take the role given to him and do it his best. He is 23. Unless the stupid under-23 rule comes in, he, along with Durant, Rose, Westbrook, Davis, Griffin, and a few others, will be the cornerstones of the 2016 team, where his role will most likely be much greater. But if he does turn into a complainer, they will look elsewhere.

2014, World Cup, thats next stop, not sure if theres a tourney of the americas in 2013.

Rivera
07-24-2012, 12:58 PM
:facepalm: love needs to stfu and step up his D if he wants time on the court

PurpleJesus
07-24-2012, 01:02 PM
read the article, he is far from complaining.

AddiX
07-24-2012, 01:08 PM
nah, and who knows, Love will possibly find some time against bigger teams whose guards can't be totally overwhelmed, and defensive rebounding now becomes extremely important. Honestly, due to matchups, he hasn't been needed a lot. Still curious as to why a player with a skillset easily replaced is getting more minutes however.

I dunno, coach K is the one who said it. Basically said melo is a centerpiece in this offense and the ball will go through him a lot because of the multiple areas on the court he can score.

Swashcuff
07-24-2012, 01:09 PM
:facepalm: love needs to stfu and step up his D if he wants time on the court

He didn't say anything bad so there really isn't any reason to STFU

airforceones25
07-24-2012, 01:11 PM
Is this really complaining?

I didn't hear a word from him when he played "out of position" at the 5 in the 2010 FIBA World Championships.

I think he is upset. It's like a backhanded way of coming out and saying it. IMO he's beating around the bush justifying his sentiments. This way when worded or stated properly it looks as if he's still a team player even though he's upset.

Hawkeye15
07-24-2012, 01:17 PM
I didn't hear a word from him when he played "out of position" at the 5 in the 2010 FIBA World Championships.

I think he is upset. It's like a backhanded way of coming out and saying it. IMO he's beating around the bush justifying his sentiments. This way when worded or stated properly it looks as if he's still a team player even though he's upset.

I would be upset if I were him too. But me personally, would just say, "hey, the coach knows what he is doing". You have to remember, its been a looooong time, maybe never, that anyone on this team hasn't been the best player on his team, and played as many minutes as they could handle. But that is part of the maturing process, learning that sometimes its not about you at all. Love just needs to start showing better defense in practice and in games, and rebound the hell out of the ball. With the number of guys who just shoot all the time, he won't get many, if, any, plays run for him. He just has to play his butt off, and when the time comes, show off your game that you are talking about.

PurpleJesus
07-24-2012, 01:18 PM

Being upset and complaining are two completely diferent things. I remember back to my playing days, that I would get upset when I wasnt getting minutes late in games...I wasnt upset with the coaches, or the player taking my minutes, I was just upset because I felt like I should be out there helping my team. I am sure this is a sentiment shared by Love in this situation.

Hawkeye15
07-24-2012, 01:21 PM
I dunno, coach K is the one who said it. Basically said melo is a centerpiece in this offense and the ball will go through him a lot because of the multiple areas on the court he can score.

as long as we aren't playing a big team, cool. When we play Spain, and the Gasol's are owning us, we need someone who can physically keep one of them out of the paint and rebound.

Shlumpledink
07-24-2012, 01:24 PM
what a douche. If blake griffin didn't get hurt, love would not even see any playing time.

Hawkeye15
07-24-2012, 01:28 PM
what a douche. If blake griffin didn't get hurt, love would not even see any playing time.

Why would Griffin be getting time? He can't shoot from anywhere outside a few feet, can't make free throws, and can't defend. Sorry, he would be last on the depth chart currently.

AllKohn
07-24-2012, 01:30 PM
Love wants to play more and that's a bad thing. Nothing he said is complaining or negative, just another non story. Writers these days just lift guys up so they can try and make em fall.

AddiX
07-24-2012, 01:30 PM
as long as we aren't playing a big team, cool. When we play Spain, and the Gasol's are owning us, we need someone who can physically keep one of them out of the paint and rebound.

Agreed, but I think were going the Miami heat route and rebounding by committee. And on offense, if Spain wants to go w two gasols, Gluck to whichever one of them is guarding melo.

Cromedome
07-24-2012, 01:35 PM
I never bought into the Kevin Love hype. From day 1...he looked like trash to me.

PurpleJesus
07-24-2012, 01:36 PM
I never bought into the Kevin Love hype. From day 1...he looked like trash to me.

good one.

tbone2171
07-24-2012, 01:44 PM
This aint Minni know more where you are the best player on the team so

huh?

JasonJohnHorn
07-24-2012, 01:50 PM
This doesnt sound like complaining to me. It just sounds like a guy who wants to be out there and says he's willing to do the work. It's hard when you have a team where everybody is an all-star. Who does the ball go to? Who are you going to run plays for? I feel like if they put him on the court and bothered to run plays for him, he'd be doing better. But they are playing him out of position and not giving him a lot of minutes, and when he is out there they aren't running plays for him, so what can you expect?

airforceones25
07-24-2012, 01:54 PM
If he is or if he isn't... That's not the problem.

He shouldn't open his mouth to begin with which placed him in this position for debate. He all the sudden is making an excuse that he's playing out of position at the 5. Big deal, he had zero issues with it on the 2010 WC team. Why would it become an issue now.

He may not be complaining but don't even bring that up to begin with and just go with the flow.

THE MTL
07-24-2012, 01:59 PM
Kevin Love must realize that when you play with real talent, you are no longer going to be 40mpg. And if his team is to ever win anything, it will be the same story.

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-24-2012, 01:59 PM
:flag: Amnesty Kevin Love! :flag:

Hawkeye15
07-24-2012, 02:04 PM
:flag: Amnesty Kevin Love! :flag:

haha

Hawkeye15
07-24-2012, 02:09 PM
Agreed, but I think were going the Miami heat route and rebounding by committee. And on offense, if Spain wants to go w two gasols, Gluck to whichever one of them is guarding melo.

just noticed we play Spain in like 2.5 hrs haha. Guess we will see what happens.

Chronz
07-24-2012, 02:13 PM

Why would Griffin be getting time? He can't shoot from anywhere outside a few feet, can't make free throws, and can't defend. Sorry, he would be last on the depth chart currently.
OP said coach K likes his talent more

scaramantula
07-24-2012, 02:16 PM
this is a great way for him to never get invited to team usa again

Raph12
07-24-2012, 02:46 PM
The boy can't play a lick of defense, stop complaining and prove yourself first.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-24-2012, 02:59 PM
Oho, Love is becoming a self entitled diva... Don't like it at all, especially when you haven't even made the ****ing playoffs...

Hellcrooner
07-24-2012, 03:01 PM
just noticed we play Spain in like 2.5 hrs haha. Guess we will see what happens.

not much.

Coach has already said he will hide some of the things he has in mind and not use them in the game.

Marc gasol may not play or play limited minutes ( injured shoulder).
Navarro is not yet 100% ( recovering from plantar fascitis), will get less minutes than in the real game.
Rudy still is bugged by his back and will get less minutes than in teh real game.

kobemelo
07-24-2012, 03:02 PM
The hate for Melo since we traded him to NY on here is f$%&in crazy. This has nothing to do with Melo (who came off the bench the last two games btw).

On topic though, Love wants to play like I'm sure all 12 guys on the team though. What's the difference? It's not ego y'all r just sounding stupid, it's competitiveness, why spectate when you can go out and actually be a part of it. Y'all ever heard the saying so close but so far? That's prob. how Love feel from what I'm getting. Is he wrong for that?

Hellcrooner
07-24-2012, 03:03 PM

Pobably ibaka or Felipe Reyes, who are smaller and quicker than the gasols not to mention real zone deffense is alowed in fiba and TEAMS deffend not one on one..

LGhost
07-24-2012, 03:09 PM
Never liked him or his attitude... I have a feeling he would choke in the playoffs or the NCAA tournament http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=284000062

After whatever cocky **** he said after he nailed a game winning 3 in some meaningless regular season game last season I really didn't like him... *****ing about his team, his playing time in the Olympics = **** a Kevin Love

When he does get out there, he isn't trying to prove he deserves more minutes, you barely notice he is even out there, he can't even catch the ball when they pass to him.

justinnum1
07-24-2012, 03:15 PM
play davis over this diva.

Lakeshow24KB
07-24-2012, 03:23 PM
:shrug: well he hasn't been playing well and hasn't showed the coach that he deserves more minutes. He's getting outplayed by Anthony Davis for gods sake.

Sota4Ever
07-24-2012, 03:24 PM
Kevin love is a diva.. WOW.

WSU Tony
07-24-2012, 03:26 PM
Never liked him or his attitude... I have a feeling he would choke in the playoffs or the NCAA tournament http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=284000062

After whatever cocky **** he said after he nailed a game winning 3 in some meaningless regular season game last season I really didn't like him... *****ing about his team, his playing time in the Olympics = **** a Kevin Love

When he does get out there, he isn't trying to prove he deserves more minutes, you barely notice he is even out there, he can't even catch the ball when they pass to him.

Clearly your opinion has been made about him along time ago and now you're searching for information to try to justify that opinion. This is a little over the top, don't you think? Maybe that is how you try to make a point... you go off the deep end.

Losoway
07-24-2012, 03:27 PM
to the people saying he is not a diva he is just competive sounds stupid.

its team usa . your playing for your country not personal stats or extra points

i swear kevin love has been whinning since he got into the league

mdm692
07-24-2012, 03:28 PM
They should put KLove and Dwight in a team they would be the perfect couple.

topdog
07-24-2012, 03:29 PM
I want Love just to STFU and play. I don't know that he's being entitled so much as he is answering questions and not remembering that he needs to put a filter on so that the media can't blow it out of proportion.

I will say that I think most people would be at least a little bit upset when they are called the "best PF in the NBA" and can't get even a few minutes at that position on team USA. I don't think anyone wants to win a championship or a gold medal sitting on the bench, not to mention earlier comments about how special this time is because it may be his only Olympics (23 and under).

LGhost
07-24-2012, 03:31 PM
Clearly your opinion has been made about him along time ago and now you're searching for information to try to justify that opinion. This is a little over the top, don't you think? Maybe that is how you try to make a point... you go off the deep end.

lol

Nah, I just watched the games

JiffyMix88
07-24-2012, 03:32 PM
Is there really this many people who didn't read the article just the title of this thread....

topdog
07-24-2012, 03:33 PM
They should put KLove and Dwight in a team they would be the perfect couple.

Actually they would... on the court. The league's top two rebounders. Dwight's athleticism and defense with Love's range. That is a good pairing.

Hellcrooner
07-24-2012, 03:33 PM
I want Love just to STFU and play. I don't know that he's being entitled so much as he is answering questions and not remembering that he needs to put a filter on so that the media can't blow it out of proportion.

I will say that I think most people would be at least a little bit upset when they are called the "best PF in the NBA" and can't get even a few minutes at that position on team USA. I don't think anyone wants to win a championship or a gold medal sitting on the bench, not to mention earlier comments about how special this time is because it may be his only Olympics (23 and under).

Stern can blabber as much as he wants, fiba is not going to bend over to that stupi rule, theres TOO MUCH money to be made at stake.
On the contrary olympic comitee are thinking bout making the soccer competition with no age limit.

LGhost
07-24-2012, 03:34 PM
Is there really this many people who didn't read the article just the title of this thread....

Take it out on the OP

topdog
07-24-2012, 03:36 PM
Take it out on the OP

Is it too much to ask people to read these days? Besides, the OP is a Clippers fan so of course they want to make Love look bad.

Weezy
07-24-2012, 03:37 PM
The boy can't play a lick of defense, stop complaining and prove yourself first.

Lol this. I like Love but damn he has been talking a lot this off-season...

topdog
07-24-2012, 03:38 PM
Stern can blabber as much as he wants, fiba is not going to bend over to that stupi rule, theres TOO MUCH money to be made at stake.
On the contrary olympic comitee are thinking bout making the soccer competition with no age limit.

I thought the whole idea was forming a "world cup" with FIBA? Regardless, no one knows for sure where this is all going so it is reasonable for someone to take this as their only shot.

WSU Tony
07-24-2012, 03:41 PM
lol

Nah, I just watched the games

You're nothing more than typical.

WSU Tony
07-24-2012, 03:42 PM
Clippers fans hate everything about Love. We went back and forth a year ago about Love vs Griffin. Both sides were ademate about their respective choice. At this point, the Clipper fans have a bad taste in their mouth. :)

LGhost
07-24-2012, 03:50 PM
You're nothing more than typical.

if you don't like what i say then don't say **** to me... duh wtf? What do you want to argue about? That I didn't see him drop a pass from Westbrook on a fast break because he was in lala land? I rather be typical than a douche ;)

Is it too much to ask people to read these days? Besides, the OP is a Clippers fan so of course they want to make Love look bad.

Put him on blast, create a new thread titled with the truth, if the mods take yours down, I'll be behind you to defend your case, that is if I don't get banned for someone calling out my opinion and me defending it first

GoferKing_
07-24-2012, 03:52 PM
Is Kevin the next big thing in soap opera?xD

Ill21
07-24-2012, 03:57 PM
New Dwight lol.

WSU Tony
07-24-2012, 04:01 PM
if you don't like what i say then don't say **** to me... duh wtf? What do you want to argue about? That I didn't see him drop a pass from Westbrook on a fast break because he was in lala land? I rather be typical than a douche ;)

Your arument to support the notion that Love talks too much is based on a dropped pass? If that's the case I feel the whole USA roster needs to be revamped based solely on the fact that they have each had a turnover during play.

See how stupid that sounds?

You're an "average" NBA poster. I don't mean that as an insult, the average PSD NBA poster is sophisticated. I highly enjoy non-biased banter based on facts and numbers. We're both into the NBA - it's not like we're "pro" wrestling fans or something silly like that! We're grown men!

nyKnicks126
07-24-2012, 04:08 PM
Have love for Love don't believe all that is reported.

keetyweedy
07-24-2012, 04:09 PM
not to discredit K. Love at all cuz he is a beast, but its just too much fire power at the 3 & 4 position for him to get any PT, but Idk why they wouldn't consider putting him as a backup 5, he has a decent post game and its not like its any centers out that's so dominant that he would have trouble w/ them on D besides spain maybe

ChiSox219
07-24-2012, 04:15 PM
Clippers fans hate everything about Love. We went back and forth a year ago about Love vs Griffin. Both sides were ademate about their respective choice. At this point, the Clipper fans have a bad taste in their mouth. :)

Blake all day

Cromedome
07-24-2012, 04:19 PM
Love looks outmatched and outclassed.....which comes as no surprise to me since I never fell for his "padded stat" lines game after game.

BALLER R
07-24-2012, 04:20 PM
Who is he better than that he expects to get more playing time? And if you say Melo your an idiot because Melo's game suits international play.

BALLER R
07-24-2012, 04:23 PM
Let's be honest what rights does Love have on team USA. Was he even on the team before though?

SteveNash
07-24-2012, 04:24 PM
Love is overrated, team cancer, and a thug. Doesn't deserve the honor of playing for the USA and is a complete disgrace to our team. Even a guy like AI can get it and try even if his game doesn't fit. This ***** is just busy whining all the time, kick his *** off the team, Melo and PF is a better alternative than him, especially defensively.

WSU Tony
07-24-2012, 04:31 PM
Love looks outmatched and outclassed.....which comes as no surprise to me since I never fell for his "padded stat" lines game after game.

How about the Timberwolves win totals? Doesn't that mean anything?

Who is he better than that he expects to get more playing time? And if you say Melo your an idiot because Melo's game suits international play.

If your argument in favor of Melo involves his game being suited for the international game, that can NOT be used against Love considering he is a big man who hits the 3 ball and is great at keeping the ball moving (unlike Melo, actually).

I'm not saying Love needs or deserves more playing time, I'm just saying the "international flavor" suits Love as well if not better than any other USA player.

Big Game Son
07-24-2012, 04:51 PM
His game is perfect for FIBA. Guys like Westbrook and Melo aren't suited for this team style offense that requires deep shooting and help-defending. Melo can shoot, but he is a one on one player that requires spacing and in FIBA that doesn't translate as well. You need more diverse skills. I tend to agree Love deserves more time.

BoozerYells
07-24-2012, 04:54 PM
did i miss something? Did team USA lose? no? then why the **** is anybody *****ing about anything.

John Walls Era
07-24-2012, 04:59 PM
Not enough length and doesnt play good D, but he does deserve some more time. He needs to earn the minutes, not just given them.

Big Game Son
07-24-2012, 05:02 PM
did i miss something? Did team USA lose? no? then why the **** is anybody *****ing about anything.

Because its about improving and offering yourself the best chance to continue winning. Mainly when the stakes are higher too.

jam
07-24-2012, 05:03 PM
What's weird is Coach K raved about Griffin and loved his game but dislikes Love right now. Is it the whole jumpshooting bigman thing? Is it the attitude??

Love is so over-rated on this board it's disturbing. He does his moses malone thing on the offensive glass, then on the next possession he's chucking up a 25 footer. Stat padder without a doubt.

VikesTwinsWolve
07-24-2012, 05:05 PM
It's funny how all you skip bayless wanna be mother f....ers have been just waiting for Love to do something to your disliking. Now you can hardly control yourselves haha. Fact is i'd be offended also if a chuckere like carmelo was taking my minutes. Kevin Love> Carmelo Anthoney.

jam
07-24-2012, 05:06 PM

Notice how quickly the Wolves fell below .500 once Rubio was out of the lineup, but with Kevin still in it. :)

PurpleJesus
07-24-2012, 05:08 PM
Love is so over-rated on this board it's disturbing. He does his moses malone thing on the offensive glass, then on the next possession he's chucking up a 25 footer. Stat padder without a doubt.

Hitting 25 footers at a 37% clip isnt exactly chucking.

Also, I encourage people to read the article that was posted. Nowhere in it does Love complain, or say he deserves more minutes.

jam
07-24-2012, 05:12 PM
Hitting 25 footers at a 37% clip isnt exactly chucking.

Also, I encourage people to read the article that was posted. Nowhere in it does Love complain, or say he deserves more minutes.

It's not a bad percentage, it's just a stupid strategy for a 4. He'd be better off putting pressure on the interior defense and creating a bit of space for his guards, but nooooooo, he wants to be THE BEARD on espn. :facepalm:

LGhost
07-24-2012, 05:13 PM
Your arument to support the notion that Love talks too much is based on a dropped pass? If that's the case I feel the whole USA roster needs to be revamped based solely on the fact that they have each had a turnover during play.

See how stupid that sounds?

You're an "average" NBA poster. I don't mean that as an insult, the average PSD NBA poster is sophisticated. I highly enjoy non-biased banter based on facts and numbers. We're both into the NBA - it's not like we're "pro" wrestling fans or something silly like that! We're grown men!

I don't think anyone in here is arguing his numbers, this is pretty much a thread talking about his personality.

Fact: He choked in the NCCA tournament against Memphis

Fact: I think he would choke in the playoffs

Fact: He got arrogant after he nailed a game winning buzzer beater this past regular season

Fact: He dissed his own team

Fact: He is complaining about his minutes in the Olympics (no matter how it comes out)

Fact: He barely contributes when he is on the floor these past few Friendly Olympic Games.

Fact: I witnessed him lead a fast break off a turnover, Westbrook was second with the ball in his head, Westbrook got in the lane to draw Love's defender (2on1), Westbrook passed to Love and Love wasn't even looking in that direction, the ball bounces off his arm out of bounds and he looked dazed and confused as if he didn't know what a fast break was.

The point is the same as the rest of the damn facts, his head is not in the game. It relates to these Olympic games, it relates to his complaining about his minutes. I don't see the issue here. I expressed my opinion that I don't like him that this new complaint only makes me dislike him more, I gave reasons why I didn't like him. I expressed that he needs to earn his minutes on the court and not in the media and then I gave an example of how he isn't doing that. Was there not enough sentences? Was the punctuation incorrect? Did I forget an introduction & conclusion? There is nothing in the OP that makes me believe this thread has anything to do with stats but hey your smarter than I am so maybe I'm just misinterpreting.... Typical hater

PurpleJesus
07-24-2012, 05:16 PM
It's not a bad percentage, it's just a stupid strategy for a 4. He'd be better off putting pressure on the interior defense and creating a bit of space for his guards, but nooooooo, he wants to be THE BEARD on espn. :facepalm:

he shot the ball 5 times more inside the arc than he did outside the arc.

Do you feel the same way about Dirk? That shooting 3's from the PF position is a bad strategy?

iamsteel
07-24-2012, 05:18 PM
Well, Love is definitely better than Chandler

PurpleJesus
07-24-2012, 05:18 PM
I don't think anyone in here is arguing his numbers, this is pretty much a thread talking about his personality.

Fact: He choked in the NCCA tournament against Memphis

Fact: I think he would choke in the playoffs

Fact: He got arrogant after he nailed a game winning buzzer beater this past regular season

Fact: He dissed his own team

Fact: He is complaining about his minutes in the Olympics (no matter how it comes out)

Fact: He barely contributes when he is on the floor these past few Friendly Olympic Games.

Fact: I witnessed him lead a fast break off a turnover, Westbrook was second with the ball in his head, Westbrook got in the lane to draw Love's defender (2on1), Westbrook passed to Love and Love wasn't even looking in that direction, the ball bounces off his arm out of bounds and he looked dazed and confused as if he didn't know what a fast break was.

lol, its a fact that you think something?

read the article, there is a big difference between being frustrated, and complaining

I have seen many great players make mistakes.

jam
07-24-2012, 05:19 PM
No offense but K Love could be the greatest garbage player in the league. As in, terrorizing opponents by grabbing every loose ball in the paint, tipping back every missed shot, forcing opposing PF's to shove and grind, getting them in foul trouble, etc.

He has a very specialized knack for finding his way to the loose ball. For whatever odd reason, he wants to be larry bird. He is NOT larry bird. He's more of a kurt rambis with much better offensive skills.

K Love is just going to wind up becoming a weird asterisk in the history of the game. A talented PF who loved to chuck long range.

PurpleJesus
07-24-2012, 05:24 PM
No offense but K Love could be the greatest garbage player in the league. As in, terrorizing opponents by grabbing every loose ball in the paint, tipping back every missed shot, forcing opposing PF's to shove and grind, getting them in foul trouble, etc.

He has a very specialized knack for finding his way to the loose ball. For whatever odd reason, he wants to be larry bird. He is NOT larry bird. He's more of a kurt rambis with much better offensive skills.

K Love is just going to wind up becoming a weird asterisk in the history of the game. A talented PF who loved to chuck long range.

Love is so far from a chucker dude. He shoots 5 times more inside the arc, than outside the arc. And as for you saying he "could be" the best garbage player in the league...he already is. A lot of his points come from offensive put backs, and he averages an astounding 4 offensive rebounds per game.

He does not play like Larry Bird at all, he plays very physical inside the paint. The only time you see him shooting a lot of 3's, is when he is on fire, is wide open, or when his team needs a big shot.

LGhost
07-24-2012, 05:32 PM
lol, its a fact that you think something?

read the article, there is a big difference between being frustrated, and complaining

I have seen many great players make mistakes.

It is a fact about me...?

I understand the article doesn't make it seem like he is complaining but when his "frustration" is made public, it gets interpreted as complaining to the majority of the world. If it was something he didn't want known then he would have kept it to himself but he did want it known.

Nycbball08
07-24-2012, 05:37 PM
Crying won't get him anywhere with coach K...:facepalm:

PurpleJesus
07-24-2012, 05:39 PM
It is a fact about me...?

I understand the article doesn't make it seem like he is complaining but when his "frustration" is made public, it gets interpreted as complaining to the majority of the world. If it was something he didn't want known then he would have kept it to himself but he did want it known.

I understand its a fact about you, but somehow, you try to use a fact about yourself, as evidence that Love is overrated, which is why I found it weird.

He did an interview, he answered questions. I find nothing wrong with him saying that its frustrating that he isnt getting more minutes, because he never blamed his teammates, or coaches. I don't understand, how a lot of people on here don't understand that not playing minutes is frustrating. He never blames the coaches or teammates. A couple pages ago, I shared that in my playing days, I would get frustrated when I was not in late in games. I wasnt frustrated at the coach or the player taking my minutes, I was just frustrated because i wanted to be out there helping the team...This setiment probably pertains to Love as well. Players want to play, you cant be mad at them for that.

PurpleJesus
07-24-2012, 05:39 PM
Crying won't get him anywhere with coach K...:facepalm:

read the article.

Sota4Ever
07-24-2012, 05:43 PM
PSD fans... :clap::clap:

Hawkeye15
07-24-2012, 05:45 PM
OP said coach K likes his talent more

then keep that in mind down the line, and play the better player now. Simple, right?

Hawkeye15
07-24-2012, 05:46 PM
haha, did any of you actually read the article, and his comments before blasting him as a diva?

My god, the youth today are so sensitive to everything. The players are just like the rest of the 20 somethings in this country. Entitled brats.

Hawkeye15
07-24-2012, 05:47 PM

this is a terrible evaluation of Love. Sorry. You don't know his game at all.

PurpleJesus
07-24-2012, 05:49 PM
Players wanna play. Even with his team up by double digits right now, I am guessing he is thinking "man I want to be out there," while at the same time being happy with his teams performance.

Similarily, you see stars late in blowout games, trying to talk their coach into staying on the floor...when they come out, they are frustrated...while at the same time not complaining, and being happy about the results on the floor.

CityofTreez
07-24-2012, 05:50 PM

Sounds like some ******** too me. Kevin Love should be starting and rebounding over the other countries. Blake Griffin is impressing Coach K? It's the Olympics, not the Dunk Contest!

Plus. NBA divas can be real good, ask the King of South Beach.

PurpleJesus
07-24-2012, 05:53 PM
this is a terrible evaluation of Love. Sorry. You don't know his game at all.

White guy who can shoot a 3...must play like Larry Bird.

This is the thought process of people who are not informed on how a player plays.

Love's game is more comparable to a Zach Randolph that can shoot 3's, than to a Larry Bird...but since he is white, and can hit a 3, the Bird and Dirk comparisons will always be there from people who don't know what they are talking about.

LGhost
07-24-2012, 05:53 PM
I understand its a fact about you, but somehow, you try to use a fact about yourself, as evidence that Love is overrated, which is why I found it weird.

He did an interview, he answered questions. I find nothing wrong with him saying that its frustrating that he isnt getting more minutes, because he never blamed his teammates, or coaches. I don't understand, how a lot of people on here don't understand that not playing minutes is frustrating. He never blames the coaches or teammates. A couple pages ago, I shared that in my playing days, I would get frustrated when I was not in late in games. I wasnt frustrated at the coach or the player taking my minutes, I was just frustrated because i wanted to be out there helping the team...This setiment probably pertains to Love as well. Players want to play, you cant be mad at them for that.

No that is my opinion, but it is a fact that it is my opinion, the rest of the facts follow up my opinion... Y'all are getting to be too much digging deep, just forget it..

The whole frustrated thing is reaching the media and the media is interpreting it as complaining as well so it isn't exactly FARFETCHED... The announcers on the game right now are insinuating the reason why Love isn't out there right now is because of his comments. Again, if he didn't want the world (or his coaches) to know he would have kept it to himself, if he wanted to tell someone, tell his wife & kids.

MickeyMgl
07-24-2012, 05:56 PM

Not just you.

PurpleJesus
07-24-2012, 05:57 PM
No that is my opinion, but it is a fact that it is my opinion, the rest of the facts follow up my opinion... Y'all are getting to be too much digging deep, just forget it..

The whole frustrated thing is reaching the media and the media is interpreting it as complaining as well so it isn't exactly FARFETCHED... The announcers on the game right now are insinuating the reason why Love isn't out there right now is because of his comments. Again, if he didn't want the world (or his coaches) to know he would have kept it to himself, if he wanted to tell someone, tell his wife & kids.

Pretty sure that the people who claim that someone is complaining when they arent complaining, are the ones digging too deep.

LGhost
07-24-2012, 05:58 PM
lol, I'd give up too

jimm120
07-24-2012, 06:00 PM

Not disputing that Love is great. He is....but

starting a franchise...

Melo gets to the Nuggets (a horrible team that got the #3 pick because they sucked) and year 1 to year 8, they become a playoff team and a top team for many of those years, needing the true powerhouses (Lakers, Spurs) to knock them out.

Love has been in Minny for 3 years (I think...or was it 4?) and only this year was there some leadway...and mostly because of Rubio. Once Rubio went down, the Wolves went on their normal losing ways of past seasons. Not saying Rubio is the x factor, but it took Rubio and Love for the Wolves to get better

PurpleJesus
07-24-2012, 06:05 PM
Not disputing that Love is great. He is....but

starting a franchise...

Melo gets to the Nuggets (a horrible team that got the #3 pick because they sucked) and year 1 to year 8, they become a playoff team and a top team for many of those years, needing the true powerhouses (Lakers, Spurs) to knock them out.

Love has been in Minny for 3 years (I think...or was it 4?) and only this year was there some leadway...and mostly because of Rubio. Once Rubio went down, the Wolves went on their normal losing ways of past seasons. Not saying Rubio is the x factor, but it took Rubio and Love for the Wolves to get better

This is a fiar assesment, though Melo's rookie team was more talented than anything Love has ever seen. That Denver team had a prime defensive Marcus Camby, Nene, and a prime Andre Miller.

And I love how you say it took Rubio and Love for the Wolves to get better, because it is so true...so many people don't understand that basketball is a team game. When Rubio went down, you saw a lot of people blaming Love for not being able to win...but, it wasnt that Love was losing games, it was more that the Wolves had lost their second best player, and the guy who ran the offense.

sunsfan88
07-24-2012, 06:12 PM
Come on Coach K, show him some Love! ;)

keetyweedy
07-24-2012, 06:16 PM
This is a fiar assesment, though Melo's rookie team was more talented than anything Love has ever seen. That Denver team had a prime defensive Marcus Camby, Nene, and a prime Andre Miller.

And I love how you say it took Rubio and Love for the Wolves to get better, because it is so true...so many people don't understand that basketball is a team game. When Rubio went down, you saw a lot of people blaming Love for not being able to win...but, it wasnt that Love was losing games, it was more that the Wolves had lost their second best player, and the guy who ran the offense.

cant forget chauncey!

AIMelo=KillaDUO
07-24-2012, 06:16 PM

Lol in the NBA maybe. Not in I international play. Melos got 2 gold medals. He's earned his spot. Wt has kl done? Kl needs 2 keep his mouth shut, he's not taking minutes away from any of the starters, or first 3 guys off the bench. Get in where u for in.

jmoney85
07-24-2012, 06:19 PM
kevin love has been playing like crap.... and same with the refs

jam
07-24-2012, 06:20 PM

Michael Jordan + Purplejesus at PG = 6 rings

K Love - Rubio = lottery team

SugeKnight
07-24-2012, 06:22 PM
Well he's played like ****. Getting outscored and outrebounded

SteveNash
07-24-2012, 06:26 PM
Love proving again why he doesn't deserve minutes. Poor rebounding, no defense, low bb iq, zero offense. AD should be getting Love's minutes.

AddiX
07-24-2012, 06:31 PM
Not really sure why all these minny fans decided to bash melo in this thread.

But after USA Vs Spain, I hope we all saw the difference between melo and love, and never revisit that conversation again.

Hawkeye15
07-24-2012, 06:35 PM

But after USA Vs Spain, I hope we all saw the difference between melo and love, and never revisit that conversation again.

In the NBA, would you ever take Melo over Love? If you answer yes, you should never be a GM.

NYY 26 to 7
07-24-2012, 06:44 PM
cant forget chauncey!

He was talking about their rookie teams - Chauncey wasn't there.

Since melo went to the Knicks nearly every thread turns into a melo bashing thread. Amazing this never happened before that. Really incredible. What has KL done to earn pt over melo or anyone else out on that court? His time will come next Olympics. Coach K is beating teams with speed and athleticism - KL doesn't fit on this team. This is not a traditional team because we lack size in the front court so we win with speed mismatches and versatility at every spot. Understand that love doesn't fit in with that.

$KnicksAndKobe$
07-24-2012, 06:46 PM
His game today looked like he was crying.

Sota4Ever
07-24-2012, 06:47 PM
One of Kloves greatest strength is his outlet passing. You don't think that would be a great weapon to use??

NYY 26 to 7
07-24-2012, 06:48 PM
In the NBA, would you ever take Melo over Love? If you answer yes, you should never be a GM.

Gotta love how you come in and act like someone is crazy because their opinion is different than yours. I would always take Melo - the only thing Love does better is rebound.

Sota4Ever
07-24-2012, 06:48 PM
I love how all new york fans are bashing on Love, but in 3 years you guys will all be on his dick saying he is coming to the knicks.

TeamSeattle
07-24-2012, 06:50 PM

This.

MassoDio
07-24-2012, 06:51 PM
It still amazes me how many people haven't actually read the article and are spouting off. And the people grasping and saying he is complaining after reading the article, are just hysterical.

TwolvesFan
Gotta love how you come in and act like someone is crazy because their opinion is different than yours. I would always take Melo - the only thing Love does better is rebound.

I'd also add passing, but I guess there's no way to tell since we haven't seen Melo try it.

Longhornfan1234
Give me Melo. Melo doesn't miss the playoffs. Kevin Love's amazing stat: 82 - 230, .263 PCT. :laugh::laugh:

keetyweedy
07-24-2012, 06:52 PM
He was talking about their rookie teams - Chauncey wasn't there.

Since melo went to the Knicks nearly every thread turns into a melo bashing thread. Amazing this never happened before that. Really incredible. What has KL done to earn pt over melo or anyone else out on that court? His time will come next Olympics. Coach K is beating teams with speed and athleticism - KL doesn't fit on this team. This is not a traditional team because we lack size in the front court so we win with speed mismatches and versatility at every spot. Understand that love doesn't fit in with that.

Oh didnt know you ment rookie season, but I totally agree w/ you, although K. Love is talented its just to much fire power on that squad for him to get any PT, & even tho he shoots alot and has the tendency to ball hog i like Melo he's probably the most versatile scorer in the league

Sota4Ever
07-24-2012, 06:53 PM
Yes!! now you know this thread is a piece of **** when longhorn comments in it.

Kenny
07-24-2012, 06:54 PM
I don't get why Melo is even in this discussion. He is clearly one of USA top players and Love is kind of the odd man out when you consider coach K has his top 7 guys and then he prefers Westbrook's speed and ball pressure as his 8th.

Love is weak on defense so when Chandler gets into foul trouble they don't always look to put Love in the game. For example if Bosh was on the team he would be getting minutes.

ZebraCity916
07-24-2012, 06:54 PM
If he's complaining about playing time, he doesn't need to be there.

MassoDio
07-24-2012, 06:57 PM
Give me Melo. Melo doesn't miss the playoffs. Kevin Love's amazing stat: 82 - 230, .263 PCT. :laugh::laugh:

And Melo has won as many championships as Love with far better teams with Love.

Let's see -

a) Have a star and good teams around him, but get ousted in the first round almost every year, and have a crappy pick to add no young talent. Or just get rid of all your picks if you are New York lol

b) Have a star with crappy teams around him, get good draft picks that enable you to acquire assets or talent (possibly Rubio) so that there is something to build upon

I might be in the minority, but I take B any day of the week.

And I actually LIKE Melo.

Oh....and read the article, Love wasn't complaining about playing time. lol

Pat Thetic
07-24-2012, 07:01 PM
It still amazes me how many people haven't actually read the article and are spouting off. And the people grasping and saying he is complaining after reading the article, are just hysterical.

+1

Just another excuse for a Minnesota vs New York fight..

jam
07-24-2012, 07:01 PM
Team USA needed a mascot.

justinnum1
07-24-2012, 07:05 PM
http://cdn.chud.com/2/23/257x192px-LL-238c351a_Eating-Popcorn-3-michael-jackson-21626092-257-192.gif

PurpleJesus
07-24-2012, 07:16 PM
Michael Jordan + Purplejesus at PG = 6 rings

K Love - Rubio = lottery team

Jordan didnt become the GOAT until he got Scottie Pippen.

Chronz
07-24-2012, 07:19 PM
then keep that in mind down the line, and play the better player now. Simple, right?

Too simple, basketball doesnt work that way.

triple5real
07-24-2012, 07:21 PM

He's no bigger than Kobe and Kobe is my favorite player.

triple5real
07-24-2012, 07:32 PM
And Melo has won as many championships as Love with far better teams with Love.

Let's see -

a) Have a star and good teams around him, but get ousted in the first round almost every year, and have a crappy pick to add no young talent. Or just get rid of all your picks if you are New York lol

b) Have a star with crappy teams around him, get good draft picks that enable you to acquire assets or talent (possibly Rubio) so that there is something to build upon

I might be in the minority, but I take B any day of the week.

And I actually LIKE Melo.

Oh....and read the article, Love wasn't complaining about playing time. lol

Sorry but your point is waaay off... lol I think at this time right now I would pick the Knicks over the Wolves 100x and guess what? I bet you Kevin Love would to. Lol Love is a great talent no one is disputing that but he is a candle In the sun compared to Melo offensively. Melo has never been on a championship caliber team for a championship caliber coach. It takes more then 1 to win a championship just ask LeBron.

triple5real
07-24-2012, 07:39 PM
I'd also add passing, but I guess there's no way to tell since we haven't seen Melo try it.

Try watching a little more it might amaze you.:D

KnicksTape
07-24-2012, 07:48 PM
I dont understand the obsession of Melo on here, yet the same people cried when people talked negative about Lebron. Call him a chucker yet westbrook and them aren't called that? At least he is one of the few on the USA squad banging down on defense.

kobemelo
07-24-2012, 11:05 PM
to the people saying he is not a diva he is just competive sounds stupid.

its team usa . your playing for your country not personal stats or extra points

i swear kevin love has been whinning since he got into the league

How are we sounding stupid? You'd be "upset" to stfu man. It's not about stats or extra points you said it perfectly, its about playing for your country. Nobody is gonna remember AD (unless he plays) and Harden on this team (Harden my dude though) there gonna remember the guys who actually won the gold (had a key role). I'm sure if you were Love you'd wanna play more to, He aint come out and say, Eff these guys I wanna be the star, he just wants to play more, not the most, just more, again is he wrong for that?

kobemelo
07-24-2012, 11:09 PM
Love is overrated, team cancer, and a thug. Doesn't deserve the honor of playing for the USA and is a complete disgrace to our team. Even a guy like AI can get it and try even if his game doesn't fit. This ***** is just busy whining all the time, kick his *** off the team, Melo and PF is a better alternative than him, especially defensively.

I don't even like K Love like that but U are straight hating g. Gtfo with all that mess, K Love put up 30-30 and over 15 rpg FOR 73 GAMES how the hell is that stat padding.

zB_#85
07-24-2012, 11:13 PM
Damn I've always liked him but he needs to stfu this off season.

IBleedPurple
07-24-2012, 11:57 PM
He's the best player in the NBA....according to him lol.

SteveNash
07-25-2012, 12:12 AM
I don't even like K Love like that but U are straight hating g. Gtfo with all that mess, K Love put up 30-30 and over 15 rpg FOR 73 GAMES how the hell is that stat padding.

So you prove a guy isn't a stat padder by citing a stat?

How 'bout this stat, 17 wins.

Hawkeye15
07-25-2012, 12:14 AM
Too simple, basketball doesnt work that way.

haha, no, it actually does. Basketball is a simple game in principal.

Iceman_9
07-25-2012, 12:14 AM
Complaints, complaints, complaints.

Wade>You
07-25-2012, 12:16 AM
Last player to complain about their role on Team USA: Gilbert Arenas. It was all downhill from there on.

SteveNash
07-25-2012, 12:24 AM
Last player to complain about their role on Team USA: Gilbert Arenas. It was all downhill from there on.

Yeah, but remember the time he scored 50 against Portland to show up Nate McMillan?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200702110WAS.html

Wade>You
07-25-2012, 12:27 AM
Yeah, but remember the time he scored 50 against Portland to show up Nate McMillan?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200702110WAS.html:laugh:

I forgot about that claim he made. Man, did he sure look bad after that game.

MrFastBreak
07-25-2012, 02:02 AM
Exactly my thoughts.He will be the next Dwight Howard,in a year or two.

TheRunKiller
07-25-2012, 02:12 AM
I love Kevin but damn dude your *****ing about your team now your *****ing about not getting minutes on team usa i mean there is like 10 players better than you lol damn just keep your mouth shut and play ur time is coming.

DragonJaii
07-25-2012, 02:17 AM
doesnt seem to fit in

TheRunKiller
07-25-2012, 02:18 AM
doesnt seem to fit in

cuz hes white? lmao

DragonJaii
07-25-2012, 02:20 AM
cuz hes white? lmao

lol i didn't say that, u did :D

topdog
07-25-2012, 02:33 AM
So you prove a guy isn't a stat padder by citing a stat?

How 'bout this stat, 17 wins.

In your ignorance you ignore the fact that those stats speak to a special player versus a stat whore. Please tell me that Moses Malone was a stat-padder as well.

Btw, another season just happened. You need to update your fall-back line.

Losoway
07-25-2012, 02:33 AM
kevin love looks so outta place on team usa

MagicBucsSox
07-25-2012, 02:34 AM
Demarcus should be there

Losoway
07-25-2012, 02:35 AM
In your ignorance you ignore the fact that those stats speak to a special player versus a stat whore. Please tell me that Moses Malone was a stat-padder as well.

mose malone was a nba champion.do me a favor and dont ever mention malone in the same sentence

kevin love could get 40 rebounds in a game and his team still loses by 30 :facepalm::facepalm:

Trueblue2
07-25-2012, 02:45 AM
"I just need to get into a rhythm, and thereís no real chances out here to do that. I was playing more minutes in Turkey than I am now, and they can say Iím not playing great. But I didnít touch the ball yesterday, and thereís nothing I can really do in that regard"

But that's a completely reasonable response if the reporter was asking a question about his offensive performance and lack of scoring... I'm sure he realizes he's playing with elite scorers and he's not looked at to carry the load, but if the reporter asked a question about his offense that's a fair response. Non issue.

thechom80
07-25-2012, 02:50 AM
mose malone was a nba champion.do me a favor and dont ever mention malone in the same sentence

kevin love could get 40 rebounds in a game and his team still loses by 30 :facepalm::facepalm:

D'ohkay.

Nevermind the fact that the last player to put up numbers like Love WAS Moses.

Has anyone read the article yet?

NBAFan2012
07-25-2012, 03:54 AM

Blake is a hard worker. HE TRIES. By what I saw in the few games he played and scrimmages he actually tried on defense, he tried to be part of the team. Most importantly? HE CAN JUMP.

So, Kevin Love really sucks, I always have said he can be like the 3rd best player on a team the reason he seems good with the Wolves is because everyone else on that team is so horrible, so he gets his numbers. He has NO POST GAME whatsoever, he steals rebounds from his teammates and gets mad when they try and get one from him, he is slow, he waddles down the court, he cant dunk, he does not go with this team, he is really horrible and I am glad this stint with the Olympic team is finally making it show. You people are surprised he acts entitled? Look at how people slobber over him like if he is a Superstar or something and you will understand why he acts the way he does.

Oh and Igoudala should not be on the team.

Kevin Love is Cristian Lattener (or however you spell it) of this team, and not because he is white, but because HE DOES NOTHING and having him out there with this group of guys is like having like the 70 Win Bulls having Mike Penberthy on their team getting minutes.

thechom80
07-25-2012, 04:05 AM
Blake is a hard worker. HE TRIES. By what I saw in the few games he played and scrimmages he actually tried on defense, he tried to be part of the team. Most importantly? HE CAN JUMP.

So, Kevin Love really sucks, I always have said he can be like the 3rd best player on a team the reason he seems good with the Wolves is because everyone else on that team is so horrible, so he gets his numbers. He has NO POST GAME whatsoever, he steals rebounds from his teammates and gets mad when they try and get one from him, he is slow, he waddles down the court, he cant dunk, he does not go with this team, he is really horrible and I am glad this stint with the Olympic team is finally making it show. You people are surprised he acts entitled? Look at how people slobber over him like if he is a Superstar or something and you will understand why he acts the way he does.

Kevin Love is Cristian Lattener (or however you spell it) of this team, and not because he is white, but because HE DOES NOTHING and having him out there with this group of guys is like having like the 70 Win Bulls having Mike Penberthy on their team getting minutes.

Did you really just say Love only gets numbers because his teammates are bad? :facepalm: Does that make any sense to you? Does it?

jam
07-25-2012, 04:38 AM
Now THAT'S how you troll PSD. Well done, sir. :clap:

Losoway
07-25-2012, 05:04 AM
love is one of the few players in the league that can drop 40 points get 30 rebounds and his team still loses by 15 +

Blitzbolt
07-25-2012, 11:52 AM
KLove is garbage a statbooster on one of the worst teams in NBA history.

TeamSeattle
07-25-2012, 12:03 PM

I wouldn't say he's garbage but the status of his team is one of the reasons for his inflated stats.

kgformvp21
07-25-2012, 12:23 PM

A memphis grizzl fan is talking about one of the worst teams in nba history. Ha...

WSU Tony
07-25-2012, 12:29 PM
There have been hundreds of bad NBA teams and nobody was able to put up a 30/30 game during those seasons. That makes Love a stat stuffer? Because in the past he hasn't had a team around him to help him? lol. That's a joke.

When you're on a bad team you're either a stat stuffer or your stats aren't good enough to be considered a good player. You guys wonder (and complain) why players want to be involved in super teams....

zB_#85
07-25-2012, 12:39 PM
A memphis grizzl fan is talking about one of the worst teams in nba history. Ha...

lol Grizz are pretty legit right now so...

There have been hundreds of bad NBA teams and nobody was able to put up a 30/30 game during those seasons. That makes Love a stat stuffer? Because in the past he hasn't had a team around him to help him? lol. That's a joke.

When you're on a bad team you're either a stat stuffer or your stats aren't good enough to be considered a good player. You guys wonder (and complain) why players want to be involved in super teams....

this. I don't like his complaining but c'mon...anyone who says Love is stat stuffing is a ****. You still have to be good enough to snag 30 boards against opposing teams and not many guys in the NBA can, and certainly not with the regularity he does. Also, rebounding isn't historically a "padding" stat. Premadonna stat stuffers usually look to fill it up with points only rather than getting down and doing the dirty work. You can't deny his talent, no matter what team for anyone to put in the work and put up the numbers he does is impressive. Just shut up KLove, that's all :D

Ironman5219
07-25-2012, 12:57 PM

This!!!!

Da Knicks
07-25-2012, 01:01 PM

lmao i knew you disliked Melo but now you just proved you hated him with that comment. No way any gm takes Love over Melo not even Morey in Houston would do that!!! lol :laugh2::laugh::laugh: you just put your worst post ever on psd!!! justinum, dnewguy and domefavors will have to post another 30,000 times just to catch up to this b.s. lmao what a joke!!:facepalm:

justinnum1
07-25-2012, 01:11 PM
lmao i knew you disliked Melo but now you just proved you hated him with that comment. No way any gm takes Love over Melo not even Morey in Houston would do that!!! lol :laugh2::laugh::laugh: you just put your worst post ever on psd!!! justinum, dnewguy and domefavors will have to post another 30,000 times just to catch up to this b.s. lmao what a joke!!:facepalm:

Love is better than Melo and i would take love over melo, thats a no brainer.
5 guys had a PER of over 25 last season.

Lebron
CP3
Wade
KD
Love

kgformvp21
07-25-2012, 01:20 PM
I guess its true....Haters gonna hate! Loves a Beast!

Shkelqim
07-25-2012, 01:28 PM
He's lucky to be on the team.

kgformvp21
07-25-2012, 02:07 PM
He's lucky to be on the team.

:facepalm:

0nekhmer
07-25-2012, 02:14 PM
although he is underrated and barely gets mentioned, this is not how you'd want to get noticed. didn't he say he doesnt want to stay in minny

Da Knicks
07-25-2012, 05:10 PM
Love is better than Melo and i would take love over melo, thats a no brainer.
5 guys had a PER of over 25 last season.

Lebron
CP3
Wade
KD
Love

You are also a knick hater, melo hater, and spend all day long posting in here acting like its a chat room so i cant take you seriously either. The only posts i want to see out of you is if you and Domefavors go it in a battle to the first one at 50,000 posts. Now that would be epic and comical, just like choosing Love over Melo is...:D

Chronz
07-25-2012, 05:21 PM
haha, no, it actually does. Basketball is a simple game in principal.
Color me skeptical. If it were that simple then there would be no strategy involved.

Hawkeye15
07-25-2012, 05:22 PM
Color me skeptical. If it were that simple then there would be no strategy involved.

I said in principal :)

kgformvp21
07-25-2012, 05:24 PM
lol Grizz are pretty legit right now so...

this. I don't like his complaining but c'mon...anyone who says Love is stat stuffing is a ****. You still have to be good enough to snag 30 boards against opposing teams and not many guys in the NBA can, and certainly not with the regularity he does. Also, rebounding isn't historically a "padding" stat. Premadonna stat stuffers usually look to fill it up with points only rather than getting down and doing the dirty work. You can't deny his talent, no matter what team for anyone to put in the work and put up the numbers he does is impressive. Just shut up KLove, that's all :D

The grizzlys have one of the worst winning percentages out of all of the teams in the nba. Thats why i said coming from a grizzly fan.

Hawkeye15
07-25-2012, 05:24 PM

you know what is funny? My opinion on the subject wouldn't change in the slightest if Love were a Knick and Melo a Wolf. I guarantee Knicks nations would...

Take off the homer glasses. Love is the better player between the two in the NBA.

SteveNash
07-25-2012, 05:27 PM

LOL. It was well known that Moses was a stat padder who was constantly getting rebounds off his own missed shots.

Chronz
07-25-2012, 05:33 PM
I said in principal :)
I dont see how that changes anything. In practice it doesnt work that way

Chronz
07-25-2012, 05:35 PM
LOL. It was well known that Moses was a stat padder who was constantly getting rebounds off his own missed shots.

Thats just how he scored. It doesnt pad your stats tho, on an efficiency scale you still get discredited for that missed shot. Your offensive rebound wipes it off but your right back to a neutral possession until you finally scored.

Hawkeye15
07-25-2012, 05:37 PM
I dont see how that changes anything. In practice it doesnt work that way

I remember reading Bill Sharman's book when I was around 10. I was so freakin confused. He literally went through every series of offense and defense at the time. Basketball is a very complex game, but at a 10,000 foot level, it's all about putting the ball in the hole and stopping the other team from doing so. There are thousands of ways to accomplish both, some much better then others, I agree.

Hawkeye15
07-25-2012, 05:38 PM

How does that up a players efficiency? It doesn't.

SteveNash
07-25-2012, 05:52 PM
Thats just how he scored. It doesnt pad your stats tho, on an efficiency scale you still get discredited for that missed shot. Your offensive rebound wipes it off but your right back to a neutral possession until you finally scored.

Doubtful, especially in his early years. Besides that, he played at a time where people didn't care about advanced stats. Like Love today, who exploits the weaknesses in advanced stats to pad his stats.

Da Knicks
07-25-2012, 05:54 PM
you know what is funny? My opinion on the subject wouldn't change in the slightest if Love were a Knick and Melo a Wolf. I guarantee Knicks nations would...

Take off the homer glasses. Love is the better player between the two in the NBA.

lmao i dont believe you, wolves fan...:cool: