PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Keeping Dwight

MetroMan
07-23-2012, 08:39 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8193410/sources-orlando-magic-keep-dwight-howard-now

The Orlando Magic have told rival executives that they might not trade Dwight Howard after all, according to league sources.

An executive who has had discussions with the Magic regarding Howard said Orlando only will trade the star center in a deal that is great for the franchise. The executive said this has been Orlando's stance for the past "week or so."

Another executive who has talked with Orlando said he thinks the Magic may start the season with Howard and wait until the February trade deadline to move him.

Each executive left the door open for posturing, noting that the Magic may be bluffing in hopes of coaxing better offers out of opposing teams. But the overriding sense is that Howard may not be moved for weeks, if not months.

The Los Angeles Lakers and Houston Rockets both covet Howard, but each team has come away from trade discussions thinking the Magic -- at least for now -- are not interested in trading the six-time All-Star, according to sources.

Howard has been steadfast in his desire to be traded since the end of last season, telling new Magic general manager Rob Hennigan last month in their first face-to-face meeting that he wanted to be traded to the Brooklyn Nets.

But with Howard under contract for next season, the only firm deadline Orlando faces is next season's trade deadline.

While the angst between the Magic and Howard is real and sizable, the franchise also realizes that Howard is fickle, impressionable and prone to change his mind.

When Howard first requested a trade to the Nets this past December, it seemed unfathomable that he would waive his opt-out clause. But that's exactly what he did in March.

So with a new front office and soon a new head coach -- widely expected to be Jacque Vaughn -- the Magic may believe Howard could change his mind again before next season's trade deadline.

If the Magic start the season with Howard, his preferred destination of Brooklyn once again becomes a possible landing spot. The Nets recently signed center Brook Lopez, who would presumably be the centerpiece of a Brooklyn-Orlando trade for Howard. Lopez is not eligible to be traded until January 15, a full month before the trade deadline.

So if Howard doesn't sign a contract extension with Orlando before the deadline -- and if the Lakers or Rockets haven't been able to acquire him by then -- the Nets would perhaps emerge as the front-runner once again.

Then again, Orlando may also be banking on the fact that neither the Nets nor the Lakers, whom Howard has told confidantes he would sign with long-term, will have the salary-cap room to sign him outright to a max deal next summer when he becomes a free agent.

THINKBLUE15
07-23-2012, 08:43 PM
hahahaha

*Superman*
07-23-2012, 08:45 PM
Link isn't working and I've read a few people say early August is when he could be dealt. I don't think they go into the season with Dwight.

StarvingKnick22
07-23-2012, 08:45 PM
Biggest.trolls.ever.

StarvingKnick22
07-23-2012, 08:46 PM
:laugh:

D12 fan
What a joke.

AsiandudePH
Flipping and flopping. Flipping and flopping everywhere!

SugeKnight
how could they do better than the rockets whole team?

D12 fan
07-23-2012, 08:47 PM
I hate to say it but maybe Orlando and Dwight are made for each other.They are both fickle.

SouthSideRookie
07-23-2012, 08:47 PM
This would normally be a good strategy by Orlando, the problem is that there's not many suitors for Dwight so their intentions on driving up the price isn't going to work.

*Superman*
07-23-2012, 08:48 PM
how could they do better than the rockets whole team?

DA debunked that ESPN proposed deal from Houston.

waveycrockett
07-23-2012, 08:49 PM
Awesome news for the Nets

shep33
Who reported this? Broussard? Bucher? If so, that means he'll be traded tomorrow.

justinnum1
LMFAO!

the old man doesn't want to trade him lol

sorry lakers and nets fans

but seriously he will be traded soon.

Raps18-19 Champ
:laugh2:

Wade>You
07-23-2012, 08:50 PM
I hate to say it but maybe Orlando and Dwight are made for each other.They are both fickle.lol touche.

StarvingKnick22
07-23-2012, 08:51 PM
What a joke.

im sorry but your really tight. :hide:

Vinny642
07-23-2012, 08:52 PM
SMH, God this situation is isnt getting any better, and they still find a way to troll the league

Gators123
07-23-2012, 08:52 PM
:facepalm:

The facepalm should only be used for special occasions like this.

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-23-2012, 08:54 PM
Just checked, the Albino Disco Inferno wrote this article.

Nothing to see here. Moving along...

justinnum1
07-23-2012, 08:56 PM

The facepalm should only be used for special occasions like this.

This type of occasion is worth a lot more than just a single facepalm

http://static.fjcdn.com/large/pictures/a8/b2/a8b2f6_904265.jpg

And lol at certain teams fans coming in to discredit the article lol, as if it would be any surprise that orlando would hold onto him lol.

MetroMan
Just checked, the Albino Disco Inferno wrote this article.

Nothing to see here. Moving along...

By Chris Broussard | ESPN The Magazine

dc5jdm
Is orlando owner in love with Howard. I woulda traded his *** already. Lol ay Lakers fans in the forum gettin wet over Howard.

D12 fan
07-23-2012, 08:57 PM
Nevermind this is a Broussard article,Dwight will be traded soon book it.

The Hustler
07-23-2012, 08:57 PM
I won't believe it until it comes from Brousard's mouth.

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-23-2012, 08:58 PM
Looking forward to August 6th!!! :dance:

ninerrider80
07-23-2012, 09:00 PM
I think Houston jumps back in after the asik deal is done.

StarvingKnick22
07-23-2012, 09:00 PM
:clap:
Nevermind this is a Broussard article,Dwight will be traded soon book it.

jimm120
07-23-2012, 09:01 PM
Dwight is SOOO gonna be "injured" all season long.

Lol.

They already messed up his plan to open up in Brooklyn.

kingsdelez24
07-23-2012, 09:03 PM
I first thought Dwight was the douche about this, but after reading those twitter messages and the magics idiotic idea that some team will offer them a player better than Dwight/entire rockets roster

JJ_JKidd
07-23-2012, 09:04 PM
I dont care anymore :facepalm:

jimm120
07-23-2012, 09:04 PM
though in the end, this is all Dwight's fault for opting in.

TEXASTITAN
07-23-2012, 09:05 PM
They want Houston to take back 3 bad contracts AND give up all their rookies and Houston isn't doing it don't blame them. Let Howard rot and walk for nothing for all I care they are being unreasonable wanting cap relief and first round picks keep dreaming Orlando.

ThunderousDemon
07-23-2012, 09:05 PM

ThunderousDemon
07-23-2012, 09:06 PM
Looking forward to August 6th!!! :dance:

What's so special about that date?

blastmasta26
07-23-2012, 09:06 PM
This can't be true, right? Right?!?!?!

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-23-2012, 09:08 PM
Ive been saying this for awhile. The Magic just dont want to trade him. I dont get it but theyre in denial.

If they keep him and he sits out until Jan. 15th hes almost certainly a Net. (not talking my team up more so saying theyre the only reliable option if hes around till then).

thephoenixson28
07-23-2012, 09:08 PM
Bet he signs a extension. Then demands a trade.

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-23-2012, 09:09 PM

End of the world.

Hunter48MVP
07-23-2012, 09:09 PM
WTF? The Magic front office are the most dumbest people in the world. I guess they like to watch Jersey Shore because they love drama and headache

ThunderousDemon
07-23-2012, 09:12 PM
Ive been saying this for awhile. The Magic just dont want to trade him. I dont get it but theyre in denial.

If they keep him and he sits out until Jan. 15th hes almost certainly a Net. (not talking my team up more so saying theyre the only reliable option if hes around till then).

:laugh: Not this ******** again, where's DoMeFavors?

SouthSideRookie
07-23-2012, 09:12 PM

He's not going to be traded to the Nets, I seriously can't believe you still haven't seen the writing on the wall.

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-23-2012, 09:15 PM
im sorry but your really tight. :hide:

Pause....

The goods
07-23-2012, 09:15 PM
Hahaha Dallas has to be happy about this their the only team that will have the cap space to sign him next year and he wants to go their, unless they accept a sign and trade with the Lakers for Bynum, both would have to agree of course.

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-23-2012, 09:17 PM

Houston signed Montiejunas (this highly touted prospect from overseas) that they're trying to involve in a trade. But they signed him to his rookie contract on July 5th. They probably want to package him with Jeremy Lamb, Parsons, Kevin Martin and future picks to get Dwight. If you sign a rookie to their contract, you can't trade them until 30 days after.

Cleveland signed their rookies Tyler Zeller and Dion Waiters on July 5th as well, so they can be traded starting Aug. 5th.

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-23-2012, 09:18 PM
:laugh: Not this ******** again, where's DoMeFavors?

He's not going to be traded to the Nets, I seriously can't believe you still haven't seen the writing on the wall.

Please enlighten me, where would he be traded after Jan 15th? He wants one place and thats Brooklyn. The Magic can not afford to lose him for nothing.

The Nets will give up assets without a commitment, no other team, not even Houston would do that.

The goods
07-23-2012, 09:18 PM
Houston will cave, give up everything for Dwight then they'll watch him walk away in free agency.

StarvingKnick22
07-23-2012, 09:19 PM
Pause....

why?

naps
07-23-2012, 09:20 PM
Who's more stupid? The scumbag or Magic management? This saga needs to end already.

And Lakers fans are in denial. Anytime any report comes out that shows less possibility of Dwight going to LA they discredit it but when it shows the other side they start claiming themselves the team to beat LMFAO! Can't wait to see their reactions here if Dwight goes to another team.

ThunderousDemon
07-23-2012, 09:21 PM
Who's more stupid? The scumbag or Magic management? This saga needs to end already.

And Lakers fans are in denial. Anytime any report comes out that shows less possibility of Dwight going to LA they discredit it but when it shows the other side they start claiming themselves the team to beat LMFAO! Can't wait to see their reactions here if Dwight goes to another team.

This comment would be better served if it wasn't coming from a Heat fan and especially from you no less.

SouthSideRookie
07-23-2012, 09:23 PM
Please enlighten me, where would he be traded after Jan 15th? He wants one place and thats Brooklyn. The Magic can not afford to lose him for nothing.

The Nets will give up assets without a commitment, no other team, not even Houston would do that.

The Nets don't have what a rebuilding franchise wants. They want to "bottom out".

Houston will cave, give up everything for Dwight then they'll watch him walk away in free agency.

No they won't, if they haven't done it by now what makes you think they'll do it at all. So many smokescreens and Morey hasn't blinked.

D12 fan
WTF? The Magic front office are the most dumbest people in the world. I guess they like to watch Jersey Shore because they love drama and headache

Yep they are hurting their franchise more than Dwight.No star free agent will want to play for a franchise who treats their star players like this.Trade the guy he doesn't wan't to be there.The Magic are starting to look desperate and they must enjoy the attention.If I was gm I would have traded Dwight at the deadline last year.

The Magic must love being the laughing stock of the league right now.

KB-Pau-DH2012

Aww Laker hater here again!

Don't worry, if we don't get Dwight, we'll still revel in our 16 championships and go strong and hard with our group and work as a unit to get #17.

Not the end of the world.

But I know one thing for sure. If we are blessed to get Dwight, you won't see us with premature championship celebration and acting like clowns with "yes. we. did.", "discounted" and all that garbage that your franchise did.

You're Welcome.

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-23-2012, 09:25 PM
why?

Nevermind, it was just a joke, i suggest you re read what you wrote.

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-23-2012, 09:28 PM
The Nets don't have what a rebuilding franchise wants. They want to "bottom out".

How do they not? if Lopez plays the way many (besides the bias) think he will hes a 24 yr old , 20 and 8 Center. Thats an asset whether you like it or not. With Humphries big contract they can actually take on a few of the Magics contracts and will give the Magic up to 4 firsts.

Thats a fair deal at the deadline.

ThunderousDemon
07-23-2012, 09:32 PM
How do they not? if Lopez plays the way many (besides the bias) think he will hes a 24 yr old , 20 and 8 Center. Thats an asset whether you like it or not. With Humphries big contract they can actually take on a few of the Magics contracts and will give the Magic up to 4 firsts.

Thats a fair deal at the deadline.

DEluSIonAL

amos1er
07-23-2012, 09:36 PM
HAHAHA!!! Boy the Magic are stupid. What a bunch of incompetent misfits. If I were Howard I would sit out for the season to teach those morons a lesson. Can't blame Howard for this mishap anymore...the ineptitude is clearly on the Magic at this point.

Punk
07-23-2012, 09:36 PM
Amazing.

I couldn't think anyone could upstage Dwight's "idiot" image. Congrats, Magic. Congrats.

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-23-2012, 09:37 PM
DEluSIonAL

Like I said, entertain me, explain how I'm wrong.

i'd love to hear it. I'm not an ignorant poster, I happen to know what I'm talking about.

amos1er
07-23-2012, 09:39 PM

Don't worry, if we don't get Dwight, we'll still revel in our 16 championships and go strong and hard with our group and work as a unit to get #17.

But I know one thing for sure. If we are blessed to get Dwight, you won't see us with premature championship celebration and acting like clowns with "yes. we. did.", "discounted" and all that garbage that your franchise did.

You're Welcome.

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Oldmantrash
07-23-2012, 09:40 PM
I just wish he would be traded already, I really don't want to go through the first half of the season constantly hearing about Jan 15th.

Want to just have a fun season rooting for my Brooklyn Nets with there roster now, with a backup center, and maybe AK, if Prokie Pulls his magic.

sunsfan88
The Magic may surpass the Bobcats for the "Worst run franchise in the NBA" award if after all this drama, Dwight walks as a FA next summer & the Magic get nothing.

ThunderousDemon

i'd love to hear it. I'm not an ignorant poster, I happen to know what I'm talking about.

Whatever you say......

.....:crazy:

StarvingKnick22
07-23-2012, 09:43 PM
Nevermind, it was just a joke, i suggest you re read what you wrote.

Oh, lol i wasnt shore it was a legit sentence myself.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-23-2012, 09:45 PM
If they wait till Jan 15th they still won't trade him to the nets they will just use nets as leverage to get more out of rockets

amos1er
07-23-2012, 09:46 PM

Nets have no way of getting D12...just accept it. Lopez is a second rate PF at best and has had a major injury already. No one wants Lopez bro, or your first round picks that are not going to even be in the lottery now that you have Joe Johnson. Even the Nets know they have no way of landing D12...thats why they extended Lopez. Not quite sure why you haven't figured this out yet.

Here's a song thats perfect for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR14hsxNbm0

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-23-2012, 09:46 PM
Whatever you say......
.....:crazy:

So essentially you're giving up? You cannot backup your statement as to how I'm wrong?

Alright thanks for saving me the time.

D12 fan
07-23-2012, 09:48 PM
Orlando gm playing kiddy games with the other gm's lmao.I will lmao if he is stuck with no trade partners soon and Dwight will walk for nothing.

shep33
07-23-2012, 09:49 PM
If they wait until February, he'll most likely be Brooklyn bound. Don't see teams willing to take 30 some odd games of a Dwight rental.

Brooklyn will still offer quite a bit imo. They seem to want Howard pretty bad. Don't see Hennigan waiting till the deadline.

Teeboy1487
07-23-2012, 09:49 PM
I guess they prefer nothing for their franchise. Have fun with that Orlando LOL.

SKINSZARDS
07-23-2012, 09:50 PM
I dont care anymore...this whole situation makes me less a fan of Dwight

D12 fan
The Magic may surpass the Bobcats for the "Worst run franchise in the NBA" award if after all this drama, Dwight walks as a FA next summer & the Magic get nothing.

:clap:I agree.

JOhnnyTHaJet
Nets have no way of getting D12...just accept it. Lopez is a second rate PF at best and has had a major injury already. No one wants Lopez bro, or your first round picks that are not going to even be in the lottery now that you have Joe Johnson. Even the Nets know they have no way of landing D12...thats why they extended Lopez.

Here's a song thats perfect for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR14hsxNbm0

I was really going to entertain this statement and truly provide more reasoning as to why I think the Nets are the Magic's only choice Jan. 15th but you called Brook Lopez a PF, which is just completely asinine. I'm not sure whether to debate you because its clear that you're ignorant to the subject.

I'm not campaigning for Dwight, I have repeated this plenty, but how its not clear that the Nets arent the Magics only choice by January is beyond me.

Sandman
and they call Glen Davis 'Big Baby'.

what should I put on the sign i bring to amway this year?

ThunderousDemon
07-23-2012, 09:51 PM
i'm not an ignorant poster, i happen to know what i'm talking about.

lol!

nbrod
07-23-2012, 09:52 PM
Hahahahaha I hope they keep him

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-23-2012, 09:53 PM
lol!

Its clear you're just trolling, you quoted the same comment twice, yet still have nothing to say.

Sandman
07-23-2012, 09:53 PM
I was really going to entertain this statement and truly provide more reasoning as to why I think the Nets are the Magic's only choice Jan. 15th but you called Brook Lopez a PF, which is just completely asinine. I'm not sure whether to debate you because its clear that you're ignorant to the subject.

I'm not campaigning for Dwight, I have repeated this plenty, but how its not clear that the Nets arent the Magics only choice by January is beyond me.

If theres any teams looking to rent Howard now, theyll have a better idea by the trade deadline.

Also, any teams sniffing the title could then decide make moves for Howard

Realistically, why wouldnt the Thunder part with Harden or Westbrook for Howard, and realistically, why wouldnt Howard sign an extension?

ThunderousDemon
07-23-2012, 09:56 PM
Its clear you're just trolling, you quoted the same comment twice, yet still have nothing to say.

:laugh2:

shep33
07-23-2012, 09:57 PM
If Orlando ends up trading him for Lopez, Brooks, picks, and Hump at the deadline... Hennigan should be amnestied for wasting months of our lives

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-23-2012, 09:58 PM
If theres any teams looking to rent Howard now, theyll have a better idea by the trade deadline.

Also, any teams sniffing the title could then decide make moves for Howard

Realistically, why wouldnt the Thunder part with Harden or Westbrook for Howard, and realistically, why wouldnt Howard sign an extension?

Because the Thunder have this thing called chemistry, they got to the finals without Dwight and are fully capable of winning without him. They dont want Dwight and I believe their GM or a representative said so.

At the deadline whos really going to deal for Dwight?

Will the Lakers really risk Bynum to hope Howard stays? Its been clear Howard said he isnt signing an extension anywhere. Can the Lakers really risk that? Especially if they're competing heavily in the West? I doubt it.

The Rockets by the Deadline will have no need for Dwight, they wont be near a playoff team, they would'nt have enough time to get revenue from Dwight jersey's and ticket sales all season like they want to and lets face it, they both know with or without Dwight they arent winning a ring this year.

And after that who do you have thats better than the Nets? The Clippers? The Cavs? The Warriors? I doubt it, this is not NBA 2K12.

D12 fan
07-23-2012, 10:00 PM
If Orlando ends up trading him for Lopez, Brooks, picks, and Hump at the deadline... Hennigan should be amnestied for wasting months of our lives

Iceman_9
07-23-2012, 10:01 PM
I hope it is true that they won't trade him so that they will lose him and get nothing in return.

amos1er
07-23-2012, 10:01 PM

:facepalm: Ugh...thats if they are actually stupid enough to entertain this foolish notion of wating till the deadline where might I add the offer they get from the Nets will be significantly less than the offers they are getting now.

Perhaps you prefer the Sinatra version :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJVewWbeBiY&feature=related

Heee's got hiigh hopes!

Dr. A
07-23-2012, 10:02 PM
At first Dwight was looking like a @$$ now the Magic organization has become a bigger one for puttingthe league and other Gms through all this , hope they all decide not to deal with them and Howard ends up a free agent

JWO35
07-23-2012, 10:04 PM
I said it a long time ago, they either trade him at the deadline or don't trade him at all and let him walk in July...

unwantedplayer
And so it goes on...

ThunderousDemon
:facepalm: Ugh...thats if they are actually stupid enough to entertain this foolish notion of wating till the deadline where might i add the offer they get from the nets will be significantly less than the offers they are getting now.

Perhaps you prefer the sinatra version :d

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjvewwbebiy&feature=related

heee's got hiigh hopes!

lol!

StarvingKnick22
They should just make a trade with TNT. Shaq for Dwight straight up.

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-23-2012, 10:05 PM
:facepalm: Ugh...thats if they are actually stupid enough to entertain this foolish notion of wating till the deadline where might I add the offer they get from the Nets will be significantly less than the offers they are getting now.

Perhaps you prefer the Sinatra version :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJVewWbeBiY&feature=related

Heee's got hiigh hopes!

There is no indication that they're trading him? It pretty much looks like they're going to try to woo him during the season with coach additions and hanging on the hopes that Orlando still wants him. If that doesnt work they're trading him at the deadline. I dont think its that hard to realize.

And I like this song :D

shep33
07-23-2012, 10:05 PM
Hey Hennigan.... Just end this man...I got these cheeseburgers man.

lakersiznumber1
07-23-2012, 10:10 PM
dont believe this at all i hope he gets traded asap to whoever so we can start talkin about basketball again:facepalm:

NYtilIdie
07-23-2012, 10:17 PM
I hope he doesn't get traded at all and goes into the open market where neither the Nets or Lakers have cap space to give him the max.

Both sides would lose, but that would be the ultimate "***k you" to Dwight.

The Nuggets showed other franchises how much a star player is worth & how many assets they can get, they created the blueprint for these kind of trades the Magic are just trying to follow suit, but their GM isn't that smart when it comes to demands apparently.

Also, this is great news because the ***k boy D12 Fan can stay a Magic fan again!!!!!!!

NFLNBA
LMAO

If im the Rockets and have all this cap money next year why even throw all your draft picks away? The Magic are in trouble they lose him for nothing and have to deal with there fans not wanting him there.

Everyone else has the upperhand on the Magic. Houston is 1 of FEW teams that can sign him in FA next year so they should just wait and say hey either take this 2 picks and MArtin or we will just take him next year and you get nothing.

Thats why the Lakers are basically saying hey take houstons offer or take bynum ect your choice but we all know he is sitting out if he is there and your gonna lose him next year for nothing if you dont deal him

amos1er
There is no indication that they're trading him? It pretty much looks like they're going to try to woo him during the season with coach additions and hanging on the hopes that Orlando still wants him. If that doesnt work they're trading him at the deadline. I dont think its that hard to realize.

And I like this song :D

Me too. I always look for an excuse to post it whenever I can.

"Ooops there gooes another rubber tree plant"

keetyweedy
07-23-2012, 10:20 PM
if Hennigan learned anything from being in SA & OKC he will trade D12 to BK before the trade deadline, there is no proposed trade that will come close to what BK has offered them

Mr. NBA
07-23-2012, 10:22 PM
right now, the Orlando Magic owner Richard DeVos has the final say on ANYTHING dwight howard.

Rob hennigan may make proposal, DeVos has the power.

especially if it's your franchise player.

D12 fan
07-23-2012, 10:25 PM
Henny boy should have made the Brooklyn trade,they were the only team willing to take all their bad contracts.

This is what happens when you hire a 30yr old inexperienced gm.

justinnum1
07-23-2012, 10:29 PM
right now, the Orlando Magic owner Richard DeVos has the final say on ANYTHING dwight howard.

Rob hennigan may make proposal, DeVos has the power.

especially if it's your franchise player.

To many individuals here that are unable to grasp this.

naps
07-23-2012, 10:39 PM

Why would I hate a team that was ousted from early playoffs 2 years in a row with a very good roster but a selfish prick in it?

What does number of championships has anything to do with what I said? Reminds me of the times when Kobephiles come out and say Kobe got X number of rings at every discussion when they have nothing else to come up with.

Says the guys who ejaculates even before seeing a chick undressed. Look at your username. Talking about premature stuff again? LMAO!

Oh and we celebrated and will celebrate again next we land someone of LeBron's caliber. And you have no reason to celebrate because Dwight Howard is nothing special, nowhere near LeBron. No one cleared space for 3/4 years for Dwight. Godfather got it done and we celebrated :cool:

You are welcome ;)

naps
07-23-2012, 10:39 PM
This comment would be better served if it wasn't coming from a Heat fan and especially from you no less.

Why are you so hurt? Are you one of them who claimed Lakers are the team to beat?

SouthSideRookie
07-23-2012, 10:40 PM
]if Hennigan learned anything from being in SA & OKC he will trade D12 to BK [/B]before the trade deadline, there is no proposed trade that will come close to what BK has offered them

actually no, that would be the worst case scenario for Orlando. The Magic are trying to get out of several toxic contracts and also get draft picks that will help in the rebuilding process. Why would Orlando acquire another toxic contract(Lopez) when it's clear they are trying to relieve themselves of the current one's they no longer want.

The Nets proposal would serve no purpose for them, it would keep them mediocre and hurt their draft positioning.

Houston on the other hand has the Toronto pick which is significantly better than any the Nets would offer. Next year the Magic could potentially be looking at having two top ten picks along with cap relief and young prospects to build off of.

People need to start thinking from Orlando's prospective and not just the Nets and Dwight.

Gritz
07-23-2012, 10:43 PM
Dwight is SOOO gonna be "injured" all season long.

Lol.

They already messed up his plan to open up in Brooklyn.

That's what this dude in my barbershop said

naps
07-23-2012, 10:44 PM
So essentially you're giving up? You cannot backup your statement as to how I'm wrong?

Alright thanks for saving me the time.

Don't waste your time bro. Shep, Bruno, Avenged, Teeboy, Chaccarunsu are are not immature and will give you reasonable and rational answers most of the times.

Gritz
07-23-2012, 10:46 PM
Says the guys who ejaculates even before seeing a chick undressed. Look at your username. Talking about premature stuff again? LMAO!

Oh and we celebrated and will celebrate again next we land someone of LeBron's caliber. And you have no reason to celebrate because Dwight Howard is nothing special, nowhere near LeBron. No one cleared space for 3/4 years for Dwight. Godfather got it done and we celebrated :cool:

You are welcome ;)

Lol like you're part of the team

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-23-2012, 10:47 PM
Don't waste your time bro. Shep, Bruno, Avenged, Teeboy, Chaccarunsu are are not immature and will give you reasonable and rational answers most of the times.

I fall into the trap everytime, I always think someone will finally respond to me rationally but it just never happens.

I tried.

naps
07-23-2012, 10:47 PM
Lol like you're part of the team

We = Fans. mmkay?

SouthSideRookie
07-23-2012, 10:48 PM
I fall into the trap everytime, I always think someone will finally respond to me rationally but it just never happens.

I tried.

Look at my last post and there's your answer. Common sense man.

naps
07-23-2012, 10:50 PM

I tried.

Damn, just don't bro.

One or two response is fine. Don't prolong it. You'll know the ones that are worth a detailed discussion.

ThunderousDemon
07-23-2012, 10:54 PM
Why are you so hurt? Are you one of them who claimed Lakers are the team to beat?

Hurt about what? When would I have claimed that the Lakers are the team to beat?

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-23-2012, 10:55 PM
Look at my last post and there's your answer. Common sense man.

Common sense? Lopez's contract is toxic? Thats a bit overboard dont you think?

The Nets deal helps the Magic, no other team is giving them a deal like the Nets, realize that.

They get a Lopez (who it seems obvious you dont like but hes got tons of potential and has shown so), plenty of cap relief, and picks (I have explained this many times, high picks are good but low firsts can be great if you're a good drafting GM). Name who his the Nets a better offer Jan 15th? And please dont tell me the Rockets, there is no reason for them to trade for him come then.

Sandman
07-23-2012, 10:55 PM
Because the Thunder have this thing called chemistry, they got to the finals without Dwight and are fully capable of winning without him. They dont want Dwight and I believe their GM or a representative said so.
No **** they got to the finals without Dwight. Dwight and Lebron got to the finals too, and they got throttled just as bad as the Thunder did. Are the Thunder better looking going forward than those two teams? Sure, they could definitely grow into a title team. But it's not a crazy idea that they could make bigger strides with Dwight.

At the deadline whos really going to deal for Dwight?
I'd imagine Dwight would put a lot of teams over the hump. The Magic don't want Brook Lopez or Kris Humphries, it doesnt seem like it would take a lot to top that offer.

At the very least, he's valuable as an expiring contract.

Look at the dumb **** teams do just to get under the cap. While getting him without an extension is a risk, it does give you a significant advantage and youre still holding the cards in a sign and trade.

Will the Lakers really risk Bynum to hope Howard stays? Its been clear Howard said he isnt signing an extension anywhere. Can the Lakers really risk that? Especially if they're competing heavily in the West? I doubt it.
Its a game of calculated risks. Who is to say Bynum stays at this point? Its hard to believe Dwight would spend all this time *****ing to walk away from the Lakers, especially if they can offer him the most money. Not impossible though.

The Rockets by the Deadline will have no need for Dwight, they wont be near a playoff team, they would'nt have enough time to get revenue from Dwight jersey's and ticket sales all season like they want to and lets face it, they both know with or without Dwight they arent winning a ring this year.
Not really sure what the Rockets are trying to do there even if they act now. I think the GM knows he's toast.

And after that who do you have thats better than the Nets? The Clippers? The Cavs? The Warriors? I doubt it, this is not NBA 2K12.
Well they still don't want the Nets garbage, so maybe they're waiting to see if Brook Lopez can play more than 5 games in a row so that some other team may.

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-23-2012, 10:56 PM
Damn, just don't bro.

One or two response is fine. Don't prolong it. You'll know the ones that are worth a detailed discussion.

I just love debate. Especially when I can back up almost all my information. I only answer a select few in hopes they'll have a legitimate conversation with me but like you said, I shouldn't prolong it, it is the NBA forum.

SouthSideRookie
07-23-2012, 10:57 PM
Common sense? Lopez's contract is toxic? Thats a bit overboard dont you think?

The Nets deal helps the Magic, no other team is giving them a deal like the Nets, realize that.

They get a Lopez (who it seems obvious you dont like but hes got tons of potential and has shown so), plenty of cap relief, and picks (I have explained this many times, high picks are good but low firsts can be great if you're a good drafting GM). Name who his the Nets a better offer Jan 15th? And please dont tell me the Rockets, there is no reason for them to trade for him come then.

I gave you your answer. We'll just agree to disagree.

WITZ
07-23-2012, 10:58 PM
Should have taken the Houston deal, they are gonna regret that and get nothing close to the prospects they would have gotten from the rockets.

ThunderousDemon
07-23-2012, 10:59 PM

This is ****ing hilarious coming from the person whose most used words in the playoffs consisted of hater, haters, and hating. Naps, you are the clown of PSD.

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-23-2012, 11:03 PM

And you call yourself mature?! :laugh2:

And please, those guys don't need "your validation" of being "mature". That compliment coming from you actually taints their PSD legacy. So please stop.

Now......you're very very welcome. ;)

Gritz
07-23-2012, 11:05 PM
We = Fans. mmkay?

Fans aren't part of the team. Words should be replaced with they

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-23-2012, 11:07 PM
No **** they got to the finals without Dwight. Dwight and Lebron got to the finals too, and they got throttled just as bad as the Thunder did. Are the Thunder better looking going forward than those two teams? Sure, they could definitely grow into a title team. But it's not a crazy idea that they could make bigger strides with Dwight.

Oh no I'm not sayings its a "crazy" Idea, I actually think Dwight is PERFECT for them, but I just dont see them doing it. They can win a title without Dwight, they need to mature more and develop an inside scorer off the bench.

I'd imagine Dwight would put a lot of teams over the hump. The Magic don't want Brook Lopez or Kris Humphries, it doesnt seem like it would take a lot to top that offer.

At the very least, he's valuable as an expiring contract.

Look at the dumb **** teams do just to get under the cap. While getting him without an extension is a risk, it does give you a significant advantage and youre still holding the cards in a sign and trade.

I don't think its irrational by any means to think he'd limit his options to the Nets only come Jan. 15th, especially if its that close. Humphries contract is very valuable next year and this year, it sets up the Nets to take on the likes of Duhon and Richardson while also giving the Magic a huge expiring contract. While you may disagree, Humphries is no slouch, he can do well with the Magic in the meantime.

Its a game of calculated risks. Who is to say Bynum stays at this point? Its hard to believe Dwight would spend all this time *****ing to walk away from the Lakers, especially if they can offer him the most money. Not impossible though.

Actually, I think if this on long enough the Lakers look to extend Bynum. I don't think Bynum wants to leave by any means, the Lakers are the best team out their for him.

Not really sure what the Rockets are trying to do there even if they act now. I think the GM knows he's toast.

I agree, I believe he should look to rebuild now and utilize those draft picks to make his team better, there is no reason for Dwight now or Jan 15th.

Well they still don't want the Nets garbage, so maybe they're waiting to see if Brook Lopez can play more than 5 games in a row so that some other team may.

The Nets dont have a garbage offer, thats a bit ridiculous. If Lopez does well during the season (which IMO he certainly should if healthy) hes a very good piece. This is the best they're going to get.

#1chickhearnfan
07-23-2012, 11:11 PM
The Dwight story changes everyday, i won't be surprised if it changes again.

Gators123
07-23-2012, 11:15 PM
@vgoodwill

Don't think Orlando's bluffing. Got the sense from folks at Summer League that they'd be willing to hold onto Howard and roll the dice

dodie53
07-23-2012, 11:21 PM
nothing
is
imminent?
haha

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-23-2012, 11:23 PM
Its tru this report honestly means nothing .. the espn talking heads also acted like a deal with nets was all but done they also then claimed Houston was gonna give us everything we wanted and take all our junk and then they made it sound like Dwight to la was happening any time lol yet some of y'all believe every new topic just like they want every time it Comes out....

I would bet money that Dwight is traded before season ... I believe Orlando is worrying about a coach right now until august 6th comes around and rookies can be dealt and thing will heat up again ... but I can also bet that a nets trade will never happen ... henny made it pretty clear he wants no part of a maxed out Lopez thank goodness... there not giving us cap relief when there giving us no expiring and we are taking back same salary in brook Lopez and humphries ... O and a bunch a crap picks.... any deal with Houston will be better then the nets offer henny already had the nets best offer and didn't wanna touch it... the nets trade ain't getting any better before deadline if anything they will be used as leverage to over teams to bite if we even held onto Dwight that long which I doubt we will... I think a deal Comes about in early august time

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-23-2012, 11:31 PM
@vgoodwill

For everyone if these there ones like these

@ChadEvansNBA: My source confirms that the Magic want and request that Donatas Motiejūnas is included in any proposed Rockets deal.
@ChadEvansNBA: Don't expect a trade any time in the near future. Rob Hennigan is taking a few days off from trade talks. Next step is hiring a coach.
@ChadEvansNBA: Donatas can't be traded until August 5th, so if the Magic REALLY want him in the deal, it can't happen til then.
@ChadEvansNBA: With that said they can always agree to the framework of a deal beforehand. Dwight will not start the season in Orlando.
@ChadEvansNBA: Rob and Dwight still talk and respect each other, but as of Sunday, Dwight had no interest in even thinking about staying in Orlando
@ChadEvansNBA: Dwight's goal is still Brooklyn, a source close to him says. Not LA. But he doesn't want the backlash of leaving a team like the Lakers.

So there always conflicting reports stop jumping at every little thing people

#1chickhearnfan
07-23-2012, 11:32 PM
Is broussard the only one reporting this?

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-23-2012, 11:33 PM
Yea

SouthSideRookie
07-23-2012, 11:34 PM
For everyone if these there ones like these

@ChadEvansNBA: My source confirms that the Magic want and request that Donatas Motiejūnas is included in any proposed Rockets deal.
@ChadEvansNBA: Don't expect a trade any time in the near future. Rob Hennigan is taking a few days off from trade talks. Next step is hiring a coach.
@ChadEvansNBA: Donatas can't be traded until August 5th, so if the Magic REALLY want him in the deal, it can't happen til then.
@ChadEvansNBA: With that said they can always agree to the framework of a deal beforehand. Dwight will not start the season in Orlando.
@ChadEvansNBA: Rob and Dwight still talk and respect each other, but as of Sunday, Dwight had no interest in even thinking about staying in Orlando
@ChadEvansNBA: Dwight's goal is still Brooklyn, a source close to him says. Not LA. But he doesn't want the backlash of leaving a team like the Lakers.

So there always conflicting reports stop jumping at every little thing people

That sucks, I hope that means we would keep Lamb then.

justinnum1
07-23-2012, 11:38 PM
lmao. Magic just screwing with teams.

So happy the heat dont even need to think about this. Celtics and knicks fans should be glad too.

Sssmush
07-23-2012, 11:40 PM
If they somehow manage to trick Dwight into extending before the deadline... I mean, I know he can't do a max extension till July, but possibly they can trick him into signing some guarantee or pledge to re-sign or something, some new special "Dwight rule" that somebody invents, it will be the shadiest and one of the saddest episodes in NBA history, and Dwight's agents should be sued for massive legal malpractice.

If Orlando just goes the distance with Dwight like I've said all along, re-heats the discussion in January, and this is the big story every night from October to February (EVERY night, EVERY SINGLE ESPN show) then, assuming they don't trick or brainwash or blackmail Dwight into signing somehow, Orlando is just F'ing itself bigtime. Dwight's trade value is going down steadily, and him starting on the bench this year will depress it further.

Lakers WILL have cap room to sign Dwight, if they even want to next July. They can pass on re-signing Bynum, trade Pau for a pick, amnesty MWP and trade Blake for jock itch spray, and they will be down around $55M, I believe they could sign him to the non-Bird max deal if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah... but I am THRILLED and excited to watch this Orlando implosion. This is fascinating. Obviously the GM can't do ****, and he probably can't quit because what other job would he go to. This is a fascinating drama now, AND we get to watch Orlando just basically **** itself, slow, deep and hard.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-23-2012, 11:43 PM
That sucks, I hope that means we would keep Lamb then.

I don't :) lol jk man .... well I'm not kidding but I don't mean it Ina ahole kinda way haha

Sssmush
07-23-2012, 11:46 PM
Its tru this report honestly means nothing .. the espn talking heads also acted like a deal with nets was all but done they also then claimed Houston was gonna give us everything we wanted and take all our junk and then they made it sound like Dwight to la was happening any time lol yet some of y'all believe every new topic just like they want every time it Comes out....

I would bet money that Dwight is traded before season ... I believe Orlando is worrying about a coach right now until august 6th comes around and rookies can be dealt and thing will heat up again ... but I can also bet that a nets trade will never happen ... henny made it pretty clear he wants no part of a maxed out Lopez thank goodness... there not giving us cap relief when there giving us no expiring and we are taking back same salary in brook Lopez and humphries ... O and a bunch a crap picks.... any deal with Houston will be better then the nets offer henny already had the nets best offer and didn't wanna touch it... the nets trade ain't getting any better before deadline if anything they will be used as leverage to over teams to bite if we even held onto Dwight that long which I doubt we will... I think a deal Comes about in early august time

That report is MONEY.

That report is exactly right on. I came to the same conclusion a few weeks ago, just based on the evidence I could see in the media and my own deduction.

I feel that the big media companies (ESPN etc) have been kindly refraining from talking about how obviously incompetent and unfortunately stupid and weird the Orlando Magic organization is, trying to paint a happy face on this, "Orlando is going to deal Dwight, you betcha" or "Dwight will be dealt in August, guaranteed", etc, and all that horse****.

But yeah, now somebody just came out and said what everybody close to the situation must already know, that Hennigan has absolutely NO AUTHORITY or authorization to trade Dwight Howard, and probably hasn't had a chance to speak 3 words to DeVos since May. And that Dwight is NOT getting dealt, and nobody knows for sure how bad this situation might get in the next year.

Sssmush
07-23-2012, 11:54 PM
P.S. I don't care if Orlando is, as the reporter is generously insinuating, possibly trying to bargain or drive up Dwight's price, to something more than Bynum or whatever, trying to shed more bad contracts or whatever (I still feel sure that regardless of the terms, Hennigan has NO authority to make ANY deal, no matter how good).

Even if Orlando was strategizing like that, which they're not, clearly, because Hennigan is not in charge that is clear, still I don't care. I just want to see this story continue to get weirder and weirder and weirder, more twists, more turns, more "Phone Calls," coaches and GMs fired, reports of arguments, totally disconnected management. I want to see the Magic give a press conference and two minutes later Dwight give a press conference, like EVERYDAY from now till July 1st 2013.

Verbal Christ
07-23-2012, 11:55 PM
Lol. "Henny" can want in one hand and **** in the other. Magic are in no position to demand anything. Funny that one of the rooks from this year may be the stumbling block. 7 footers with range to 3 and post moves with both hands are an expensive commodity nowadays and kinda weird this info leaks now when these parameters could have been worked out or discussed by now. Rockets won't give up DMo. You should be happy for something like this:

Martin/parsons/Patterson /Morris/2 firsts/fluff players to make contracts work/MAYBE draft rights to Sergio llull.

That's the deal. Anything more and morey should walk. That's fair especially since all the risk is on morey and the rockets.

Aust
07-24-2012, 12:03 AM
I'll withhold my judgement until early August, but I'm tempted to stick up two middle fingers and say "**** you" and resign Bynum to max with a no trade clause.

Sssmush
07-24-2012, 12:08 AM
Yeah, clearly Dwight must go to unrestricted free agency in order to get the full max max deal (thanks to the brilliant new CBA designed to prevent lengthy contract dramas or free agents leaving teams :jumpy: ).

So, all that Orlando has is Dwight's Bird rights after next season, and a certain amount of access to try to brainwash or intimidate Dwight into signing a pledge guarantee of some kind during the season.

If Houston trades for Dwight, that's all they'll have also, just Dwight's Bird rights.

Dwight will go to unrestricted free agency.

I'd say that for sure Orlando is bluffing here, because they have to be, but the really crazy thing about all this is that Hennigan literally has no authority to make a deal for Dwight, and DeVos is, I'm quite sure, just insisting that they stay the course and not trade Dwight.

Everything else is just spin and speculation. They're "waiting for a better deal" or "driving the price up" or "waiting to see if better offers" or "thinking that possibly Dwight will sign" etc. But these are all just generous interpretations that reporters are tossing out there, trying to make sense out of it, but it's all just made up. Nobody knows anything like that in actuality.

In reality, there is NO SENSE to this, and no way to make sense of this, except to say that it is simply one guy saying "no trade Dwight" and that's it.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-24-2012, 12:10 AM
P.S. I don't care if Orlando is, as the reporter is generously insinuating, possibly trying to bargain or drive up Dwight's price, to something more than Bynum or whatever, trying to shed more bad contracts or whatever (I still feel sure that regardless of the terms, Hennigan has NO authority to make ANY deal, no matter how good).

Even if Orlando was strategizing like that, which they're not, clearly, because Hennigan is not in charge that is clear, still I don't care. I just want to see this story continue to get weirder and weirder and weirder, more twists, more turns, more "Phone Calls," coaches and GMs fired, reports of arguments, totally disconnected management. I want to see the Magic give a press conference and two minutes later Dwight give a press conference, like EVERYDAY from now till July 1st 2013.

I stopped reading your posts at this report is money lol you only say that cause its what u want it to be. Your a tool and have been hatin on orl for how they handled it from the begining .... grow a sack good day sir

Sssmush
07-24-2012, 12:14 AM
I'll withhold my judgement until early August, but I'm tempted to stick up two middle fingers and say "**** you" and resign Bynum to max with a no trade clause.

we dont' need to give him a no-trade clause.

Also, the Lakers are in a great position now, because we can see how Bynum plays this year, does he play 82 games, does he dominate, do we have a great playoff run, etc.

If not, we can walk away from Bynum, so we have minimal risk this year. Or, more likely, we can just re-sign him for the max (totally more than worth it compared to those other schmoes getting max deals) and then just see how things go, keep him or trade him at some point down the road in 2 or 3 years.

No worries.

Lakers are in a GREAT spot. I'm surprised the Knicks haven't gone balls out for Dwight. The Knicks don't really have much of a team, and almost no continuity or chemistry at all. If I was Knicks I would dump Carmelo and Stat for picks and try to convince Dwight.

Sssmush
07-24-2012, 12:16 AM
I stopped reading your posts at this report is money lol you only say that cause its what u want it to be. Your a tool and have been hatin on orl for how they handled it from the begining .... grow a sack good day sir

LoL did I not call this for what it was like two months ago?

And now Dwight is STILL not signed, and you and I both know that this is completely zany, and just getting zanier.

It just is what it is. Somebody at ESPN just finally called it for what it is, Hennigan isn't allowed to trade Dwight. He WANTS to trade Dwight, but he isn't in charge. End of story.

Let's pick up this conversation again when training camp starts, ok?

JerseyPalahniuk
07-24-2012, 12:19 AM
Skip Bayless is going to have a field day with this one on First Take. He has said repeatedly that Magic won't trade Dwight since the last trade deadline.. but for all the wrong reasons

shep33
07-24-2012, 12:24 AM
Dwight needs to go to Houston. Become an oil man, no need for marketing if your Daniel Plainview.

He will never be thirsty for a milkshake ever again. Get'r done Houston

LA_Raiders
07-24-2012, 12:29 AM
lol, I hope we sign Babynum to a long term... Screw Orlando's GM & Howard, they deseve each other...

LaLa_Land
07-24-2012, 12:36 AM
Dwight is such a nightmare. He loves the spotlight...so he's loving seeing his name all over news feeds and whatnot.

Whichever team acquires him better be ready for more drama when his re-upping time comes...regardless of whether or not he "promises" to extend..

ThunderousDemon
07-24-2012, 12:41 AM
Dwight needs to go to Houston. Become an oil man, no need for marketing if your Daniel Plainview.

He will never be thirsty for a milkshake ever again. Get'r done Houston

DeVos when and if he trades Dwight.

Devos: I have abandoned my child!!! I have abandoned my child!!!

LOOTERX9
07-24-2012, 12:43 AM
I've been saying all along that orlando are holding Howard hostage and are obsessed with him. it's embarrassing now. orlando is pathetic

shep33
07-24-2012, 12:56 AM
DeVos when and if he trades Dwight.

Devos: I have abandoned my child!!! I have abandoned my child!!!

Sssmush
07-24-2012, 01:00 AM
Skip Bayless is going to have a field day with this one on First Take. He has said repeatedly that Magic won't trade Dwight since the last trade deadline.. but for all the wrong reasons

wow... I honestly didn't realize that Bayless had been saying that. I'm starting to like that guy more and more.

But yeah... Orlando. I'm actually just interested to see how weird and far out this situation can get at this point. I want to see how far Orlando can push this story past the bounds of believability.

ORLANDO... BELIEVE!!! It's MAGIC!!!

Sssmush
07-24-2012, 01:01 AM
Dwight signs free agent in LA:

"Dwii--eette... you were an ORPHAN in a BASKET... there is no part of me in YOU... DWIGHT... ORPHAN IN A BASKET!!!"

RLundi
07-24-2012, 01:01 AM
:shrug:

jam
07-24-2012, 01:06 AM
Dumb and dumber.

shep33
07-24-2012, 01:10 AM
All jokes aside, highly unlikely that they wait till the deadline.

Once the Asik deal goes through tomorrow, we'll start hearing some more noise.

RLundi
07-24-2012, 01:12 AM
I've been saying all along that orlando are holding Howard hostage and are obsessed with him. it's embarrassing now. orlando is pathetic

Butthurt Nets fan?

shep33
07-24-2012, 01:17 AM

I disagree. They open up more possibilities by waiting until early August. By then, rooks who have signed their contracts can be traded I believe.

Still okay for timing. I don't think there is any way he's in a Magic uniform when the season starts.

Structures
07-24-2012, 01:25 AM
I still think that Orlando should try and put a 2nd star next to Dwight. Guys like Monta Ellis and Iggy might be available if they opt out of their contracts next offseason.

The Magic just have to find a way to get rid of some of the bad contracts on the team. But IMO they should still consider this option. It'd be kind of sad to see Orlando lose ANOTHER beast center.

shep33
07-24-2012, 01:29 AM
I still think that Orlando should try and put a 2nd star next to Dwight. Guys like Monta Ellis and Iggy might be available if they opt out of their contracts next offseason.

The Magic just have to find a way to get rid of some of the bad contracts on the team. But IMO they should still consider this option. It'd be kind of sad to see Orlando lose ANOTHER beast center.

I'm looking at Orlando's roster and I'm just not seeing much. Not trying to bash or anything, but they re-signed Jameer and JJ, so you'd expect those two to stay.

Nicholson and Ayon seem like their best trading chips, and sadly that isn't a good thing.

Edit: JJ on a 1 year deal seems like a nice piece to move, but again, they'd have to wait a bit until they could deal him

Losoway
07-24-2012, 01:54 AM
like i told lakers troll last week. It makes more sense for the magics to keep him till the next year and trade him around the deadline get maybe a better deal or a top lottery pick . dwight can still carry this team over .500 until then

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-24-2012, 02:11 AM
I disagree. They open up more possibilities by waiting until early August. By then, rooks who have signed their contracts can be traded I believe.

Still okay for timing. I don't think there is any way he's in a Magic uniform when the season starts.

Actually I believe rookies cannot be traded after they sign.

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-24-2012, 02:22 AM
Actually I believe rookies cannot be traded after they sign.

30 days after signing. Which is why many around the league are saying Aug. 5th could be a potential trade for the Rockets, as they signed that Montejunas guy on July 5th.

Also, if a 3-way were to happen between Cavs-Lakers-Magic, and Magic were asking for Zeller and Waiters, those two would be eligible to be traded starting Aug. 5th (30 days after signing their rookie contracts on July 5th).

Sandman
07-24-2012, 02:29 AM
I don't think its irrational by any means to think he'd limit his options to the Nets only come Jan. 15th, especially if its that close.
He already tried to limit his options to the Nets and the Rockets were still interested regardless. And the Lakers rumors still persist. There could easily be teams willing to gamble. The Nets offer isnt hard to beat. The Nets don't have anything the Magic need unless they spin Brook and Humphries to a third/fourth team.

Humphries contract is very valuable next year and this year, it sets up the Nets to take on the likes of Duhon and Richardson while also giving the Magic a huge expiring contract. While you may disagree, Humphries is no slouch, he can do well with the Magic in the meantime.
The Nets aren't doing the Magic any salary favors with Duhon or Richardson if they're making the Magic take back bigger deals.

Nets dont have a garbage offer, thats a bit ridiculous. If Lopez does well during the season (which IMO he certainly should if healthy) hes a very good piece. This is the best they're going to get.
In context of the Magic, it's the opposite direction of where they need to be going. Lopez and Humphries are due 85 million dollars over the next 4 and 2 years.

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-24-2012, 02:35 AM
30 days after signing. Which is why many around the league are saying Aug. 5th could be a potential trade for the Rockets, as they signed that Montejunas guy on July 5th.

Also, if a 3-way were to happen between Cavs-Lakers-Magic, and Magic were asking for Zeller and Waiters, those two would be eligible to be traded starting Aug. 5th (30 days after signing their rookie contracts on July 5th).

Ah I see, thanks for clearing that up.

Sssmush
07-24-2012, 02:43 AM

You just have to learn to believe. You have to learn to believe in the Magic. :worthy:

Dade County
07-24-2012, 02:46 AM
If the Orlando front office can be this ridicules, I can too.

Howard will be in a Knicks uniform by tomorrow ...book it!

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-24-2012, 02:47 AM
He already tried to limit his options to the Nets and the Rockets were still interested regardless. And the Lakers rumors still persist. There could easily be teams willing to gamble. The Nets offer isnt hard to beat. The Nets don't have anything the Magic need unless they spin Brook and Humphries to a third/fourth team.

But why would the Rockets still be in the mix Jan. 15th? Thats what I'm getting at here. By Jan 15th the Nets maybe the only team in the mix, at that point the Magic can either decide to deal him or let him go in FA. I dont think getting burned and getting zero back for Howard would make any sense for a "rebuilding" team.

The Nets aren't doing the Magic any salary favors with Duhon or Richardson if they're making the Magic take back bigger deals.

Actually I believe they can also take on one more contract but I'm lazy at the moment to add up the numbers. Anyways, taking on Richardson contract, Duhons, and a third IMO helps the Magic out. They can use Humps expiring to acquire someone like Gay in 2014 and build around him or any other premiere FA in the 2014 season. (I'm essentially stating they can acquire a good-great player using Humps expiring which helps out big time, its an assumption of course, but to have the possibility open is never a bad thing). The contract is an asset.

In context of the Magic, it's the opposite direction of where they need to be going. Lopez and Humphries are due 85 million dollars over the next 4 and 2 years.

Humps contract is irrelevant when adding up the totals. I can see you doubting Lopez and the money hes making but if he pans out this year and starts playing well hes worth the money at 24. Thats what I'm getting at and explaining over and over.

Like I said, the Nets deal gives the Magic a solid amount of options in the future. If they choose to rebuild and compete in the next 3 years or so, this package at the deadline is as good as it gets.

LakerPride
07-24-2012, 02:53 AM
If they wait til August 5, I believe the Lakers has a very slim chance of landing Dwight

waveycrockett
07-24-2012, 02:54 AM
Butthurt Nets fan?

Butthurt Magic fan?

Sandman
07-24-2012, 03:09 AM
But why would the Rockets still be in the mix Jan. 15th? Thats what I'm getting at here.
Just using the Rockets to say there could be teams interested even though he reportedly has his heart set.

By Jan 15th the Nets maybe the only team in the mix, at that point the Magic can either decide to deal him or let him go in FA.
The Nets don't hold any cards here. If he chooses to limit his options to the Nets, he can go sign for the mini MLE. He can't sign with the Nets outright. That would ensure any team that they wouldn't be empty handed if they traded for him at the trade deadline.

I dont think getting burned and getting zero back for Howard would make any sense for a "rebuilding" team.
Acquiring 85 million dollars in payroll doesn't make sense for a rebuilding team.

Actually I believe they can also take on one more contract but I'm lazy at the moment to add up the numbers. Anyways, taking on Richardson contract, Duhons, and a third IMO helps the Magic out.
Turk's contract is the same as Humphries. Thats the biggest one they have. There's no reason for the Magic to trade for Humphries.

They can use Humps expiring to acquire someone like Gay in 2014 and build around him or any other premiere FA in the 2014 season. (I'm essentially stating they can acquire a good-great player using Humps expiring which helps out big time, its an assumption of course, but to have the possibility open is never a bad thing). The contract is an asset.
If expiring contracts are that valuable, Dwight Howard is more valuable than that Nets offer just as an expiring contract. And if all else fails, he's worth that as an expiring contract to the Magic as an alternative to taking on that much salary.

Not to mention Turkoglu has the same contract. You're not absorbing Turk's salary if you're returning Humphries' identical one.

Humps contract is irrelevant when adding up the totals
This doesn't make sense. You're not helping the Magic financially if you give them longer and bigger commitments, like Humphries'.

I can see you doubting Lopez and the money hes making but if he pans out this year and starts playing well hes worth the money at 24. Thats what I'm getting at and explaining over and over.

Like I said, the Nets deal gives the Magic a solid amount of options in the future. If they choose to rebuild and compete in the next 3 years or so, this package at the deadline is as good as it gets.
The Magic are a 20 win team without Howard. I don't see Brook Lopez having a huge impact on that. I don't see Brook Lopez having an impact on ticket sales either.

BlinkManJan02
07-24-2012, 03:57 AM
That is pretty funny.

KniCks4LiFe
07-24-2012, 04:36 AM
what a stupid organization. You don't want to get rid of him, you rather piss off the other NBA trade partners/GMs. Midseason acquisition w/ a player that is going to be a FA, will basically be a short haul. Like the Rockets...they aren't sell the whole farm in past January for a player they can't guarantee stays past 38-49 games remaining.

I could see him honestly now by trade deadline, Lakers/Nets/Bulls if they are serious about dealing him, if not... he holds out the year. I don't see him playing for Orlando this season, the amtrack story alone makes me think he'll hold a grudge.

Kevj77
07-24-2012, 05:09 AM
I hope he doesn't get traded at all and goes into the open market where neither the Nets or Lakers have cap space to give him the max.

Both sides would lose, but that would be the ultimate "***k you" to Dwight.

The Nuggets showed other franchises how much a star player is worth & how many assets they can get, they created the blueprint for these kind of trades the Magic are just trying to follow suit, but their GM isn't that smart when it comes to demands apparently.

Also, this is great news because the ***k boy D12 Fan can stay a Magic fan again!!!!!!!The Nuggets had one thing going for them another team (Nets) that was willing to gamble they could re-sign Melo. Right now the Rockets are that team, but they also know they can flip him at the deadline for Bynum or Lopez plus picks. Rockets won't want Howard right at the deadline if he won't commit.

I believe Howard would sign with BK or LA, but Bynum won't commit and that scares Orlando. They don't want to lose what they trade Howard for and Lopez can't be traded so soon after re-signing.

Orlando is running out of options quickly and has no leverage.

Teams aren't giving up a lot of value for a rental. Right now only the Nets and Lakers think they can re-sign Howard. The Rockets think worst case they can trade him at the deadline to LA or BK. Orlando is losing leverage by the day.

Leftcoast_yg
07-24-2012, 06:43 AM
Like John Ireland said; "orlando is like that ugly girl that keeps trying to ask out the popular guy and keeps getting turned down".

PraiseJesus
07-24-2012, 07:30 AM
Call me nostradamus - Dwight will not be a Laker

JayW_1023
07-24-2012, 07:43 AM
I like the idea of Dwight trying to screw the Magic over and now the Magic hold him hostage for one season.

You reap what you sow.

LakersSaintsLSU
07-24-2012, 07:48 AM
I like the idea of Dwight trying to screw the Magic over and now the Magic hold him hostage for one season.

You reap what you sow.

I think it shows how sorry and stupid their FO is...shaq was on his way out but when he made it known he wanted to be traded we shipped his *** to miami in no time to hell with paying dwight back do yourself a service and move on....
just be honest your very happy the chances him coming to L.A. may have gotten very slimmer

LongIslandIcedZ
07-24-2012, 07:50 AM
The Magic without Dwight for the year has a realistic and top chance at the number one overall pick. That is a lot more valuable than owing a lot of money to Lopez and Humphries and 4 terrible picks. If the Magic can start clearing cap space, and can get someone like Noel or Mohammed, that would be an excellent start to rebuilding.

LakersSaintsLSU
07-24-2012, 08:00 AM
The Magic without Dwight for the year has a realistic and top chance at the number one overall pick. That is a lot more valuable than owing a lot of money to Lopez and Humphries and 4 terrible picks. If the Magic can start clearing cap space, and can get someone like Noel or Mohammed, that would be an excellent start to rebuilding.

Someone's using there brain. Espn and hennigan just don't get it,espn wants him in brooklyn so bad it's rediculous and hennigan's playing rush and roulette with 3 bullets in the gun

eternal slumber
07-24-2012, 08:43 AM
would love to see this circus drags down into the season. lol

eternal slumber
07-24-2012, 08:43 AM
would love to see this circus drags down into the season. lol

DTownSkitzo
07-24-2012, 09:54 AM
I have lost all respect for Dwight and the Orlando organization. I've held out through all these headlines and I can't take it anymore. I don't even have a horse in this race and I'm annoyed.

iliketurtles24
07-24-2012, 10:19 AM
oh, boy...

310Casper
07-24-2012, 10:35 AM
"rush and roulette" lol

Sandman
07-24-2012, 11:01 AM
The Nuggets had one thing going for them another team (Nets) that was willing to gamble they could re-sign Melo. Right now the Rockets are that team, but they also know they can flip him at the deadline for Bynum or Lopez plus picks. Rockets won't want Howard right at the deadline if he won't commit.

I believe Howard would sign with BK or LA, but Bynum won't commit and that scares Orlando. They don't want to lose what they trade Howard for and Lopez can't be traded so soon after re-signing.

Orlando is running out of options quickly and has no leverage.

Teams aren't giving up a lot of value for a rental. Right now only the Nets and Lakers think they can re-sign Howard. The Rockets think worst case they can trade him at the deadline to LA or BK. Orlando is losing leverage by the day.
The Nuggets also had something else forcing their hand -- if they didn't trade Melo to New York, he could have signed there outright in the off-season. Howard can ***** and moan all he wants, the only team he can threaten to walk to seems to be Dallas (BK, NY, CHI, LAC, LAL, BOS, MIA, OKC, IND all over the cap or close to it). San Antonio could get involved if they don't bring back Ginobli. Save for that, the Magic hold the cards.

King41
07-24-2012, 11:20 AM
The Nuggets also had something else forcing their hand -- if they didn't trade Melo to New York, he could have signed there outright in the off-season. Howard can ***** and moan all he wants, the only team he can threaten to walk to seems to be Dallas (BK, NY, CHI, LAC, LAL, BOS, MIA, OKC, IND all over the cap or close to it). San Antonio could get involved if they don't bring back Ginobli. Save for that, the Magic hold the cards.

mavs baby

SouthSideRookie
07-24-2012, 01:10 PM

A lot of folks don't seem to grasp this. This is the reason why the Magic never intended to do the Brooklyn deal. Not because of the previous injury. Everyone knows what player Lopez was before the injury and im sure he's still isn't viewed as a valuable piece for a rebuilding franchise, rebuilding is the key word.

Sssmush
07-24-2012, 08:18 PM

You know... when I first heard the leak/tweet/false rumor about Dwight seeking legal recourse against Orlando for having "tricked" him into re-extending, I thought that was pretty silly, and I guess if it was true he deserved to get some ridicule over that.

BUT... Since we do know for a fact that Orlando DID use "The Phone Call" with all the wee ones pleading for Dwight to re-sign, making this giant emotional pitch so that they could quickly sign him on the team flight without his representation present the night before the tradeline...

Since we know that, and NOW, if Orlando goes all "Starbury" on Dwight and just literally holds him hostage all year to make some kind of insane point, possibly messing up his career...

I don't know. Crazy as it sounds, does Dwight have some legal recourse here? He was clearly misled.

Sssmush
07-24-2012, 08:22 PM
A lot of folks don't seem to grasp this. This is the reason why the Magic never intended to do the Brooklyn deal. Not because of the previous injury. Everyone knows what player Lopez was before the injury and im sure he's still isn't viewed as a valuable piece for a rebuilding franchise, rebuilding is the key word.

Yeah, if Orlando had any sense, they could make all kinds of favorable deals, and wipe the slate clean.

The could dump Dwight for one or two top draft picks, and send out Turkoglu. Easy.

But let's not pretend that Orlando is making good decisions here, ok? We all know that they are holding on to Dwight, they are going the distance here, the whole year, and this is gonna get RIDICULOUS

Sssmush
07-24-2012, 08:25 PM
Think about it: if you could send Dwight out for a draft pick and a trade exception, and then send Turkoglu out for a pick and a trade exception...

Then next summer, Orlando could very well have the TOP THREE PICKS IN THE ENTIRE DRAFT!!

And, in the meantime, they'd save like $25M+ this year, plus have Turkoglu off the books next year.

Instead, they will probably have one draft pick, like #10 or something, and will pay Turkoglu the next two years, and Orlando Magic will always be synonymous with "Dwightmare"

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-24-2012, 08:35 PM
Turk can be bought out after this year bro no 2 years... get your facts straight lol I swear the more you post the dumber we all get

D12 fan
07-24-2012, 08:44 PM
Orlando had a chance to get a max player to join Dwight next year but they blew it when they signed Jameer for 8mil per year,another dumb move from Orlando.

PraiseJesus
07-24-2012, 08:48 PM
The hilarity of all of this is that the Lakers don't care where Dwight goes because it wont be to a contender.

He is trapped in Orlando.

Serves him right for trying to steal the superman nickname and being a complete d bag

Im enjoying every moment of this

C-Style
07-24-2012, 08:54 PM
Haven't read the whole thread but let me guess, Net fans wanna think they got a shot now? amirite?

Wade>You
07-24-2012, 08:59 PM
Some Laker fans trying to convince every one that trading Dwight to LA is in the Magic's best interest and how they don't care if they don't get Dwight Howard.

http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/food/eating-popcorn-04.gif

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-24-2012, 09:10 PM
Haven't read the whole thread but let me guess, Net fans wanna think they got a shot now? amirite?

:rolleyes:

Iceman_9
07-24-2012, 09:41 PM
Some Laker fans trying to convince every one that trading Dwight to LA is in the Magic's best interest and how they don't care if they don't get Dwight Howard.

http://freesmileyface.net/smiley/food/eating-popcorn-04.gif

Yup. Sad but true. Realistically, we have nothing to lose coz we still have Bynum. Bynum is not a slouch. He is the 2nd best center and has already shown that he can handle inside the paint. He can dominate if he wants to dominate.

C-Style
07-24-2012, 11:16 PM
:rolleyes:

Answers my question lol

Sssmush
07-25-2012, 02:58 AM
Turk can be bought out after this year bro no 2 years... get your facts straight lol I swear the more you post the dumber we all get

He can be bought out but they still need to pay him.

Turkoglu's contract is $23.8M, of which $17.8M is guaranteed. That means that this year he makes $11.8M, and can be bought out for $6M after next season.

All I was saying is that if Orlando were to miraculously grow a pair, they could trade Dwight to Houston, let's say, and, in two separate deals, send Howard for a 1st round pick, and Hedo for a first round pick. Don't take any salary back, just exceptions and two first round picks next year.

Doesn't matter how Houston gets the picks. They can trade some of their young forwards to teams like the Bobcats or Hornets for a pick next year. Done.

Then Orlando would be saving $20M this season from Dwight's contract, as well as Hedo's $11.8M contract, so $32M thereabouts, plus Hedo is off the books for the next year.

I understated it as $25M, because Orlando needs to sign a few other players to reach the minimum salary threshold.

Tank for one year, everyone will forgive them if they just get over this Dwight nonsense, and next year you are a young team with prospects and looking good. Dwight is forgotten.

OR you can drag this out with Dwight all year and see how it goes. Not sure which is better... guess we'll find out.

Sssmush
07-25-2012, 03:04 AM
but yeah, what I just learned, that I didn't realize, is that Orlando can't do a sign and trade with Dwight after the season, and the Lakers can't S&T Bynum either. I didn't know that.

Just like Brooklyn extended Lopez, but they can't trade him till January. Same thing with Dwight or Bynum, if they sign in LA or Orlando after the season, they can't be traded till the following January.

That changes things, and makes Orlando's position even worse. Howard could just take a 4 year non-Bird max deal, and move on, no problem, and I'm sure he probably will if he is still there after the season.

People have said that is like giving away $25M, but that is overstating it. It's not that bad at all. The catch is just that he can only sign for 4 years guaranteed, rather than 5 years guaranteed. He can still extend later wherever he is, the amount he actually loses is very slight, maybe $1M a year or something.

justjames
07-25-2012, 03:42 AM
Orlando...I've been there man. Just let him go.

Sandman
07-25-2012, 02:48 PM
but yeah, what I just learned, that I didn't realize, is that Orlando can't do a sign and trade with Dwight after the season, and the Lakers can't S&T Bynum either. I didn't know that.

Just like Brooklyn extended Lopez, but they can't trade him till January. Same thing with Dwight or Bynum, if they sign in LA or Orlando after the season, they can't be traded till the following January.
But up until he signed, Lopez was available to be s&t'ed, wasn't he?

RLundi
07-25-2012, 03:00 PM
Orlando had a chance to get a max player to join Dwight next year but they blew it when they signed Jameer for 8mil per year,another dumb move from Orlando.

When did you become an NBA fan? This year? You are clueless. Do you know what a salary cap is? Because if so, you wouldn't have made such a ridiculously-incorrect post.

Sandman
07-25-2012, 03:03 PM
When did you become an NBA fan? This year? You are clueless. Do you know what a salary cap is? Because if so, you wouldn't have made such a ridiculously-incorrect post.

maybe its Dwight himself

Punk
07-25-2012, 03:05 PM
maybe its Dwight himself

I'm pretty sure it is. They both have the same logic.

RLundi
07-25-2012, 03:08 PM
maybe its Dwight himself

Dwight's an uninformed tool, but this is on a completely different level.

LakersSaintsLSU
07-25-2012, 03:10 PM

:D I love how butt-hurt you are dwight wants to be a laker and win a title sorry "Real Fan" go ahead and respond with one of your "I'm so smart quotes"

smith&wesson
07-25-2012, 03:15 PM
Heres the thing with howard no matter where he goes he is going to go through all this **** again next season... i really think this is all about attention...

Punk
07-25-2012, 03:48 PM
Am I going to be the only one who isn't surprised to see Orlando trade Dwight to Brooklyn for Lopez, Humphries, Brooks with no draft picks at the deadline?

That's what it seems like.

LongIslandIcedZ
07-25-2012, 03:58 PM
Am I going to be the only one who isn't surprised to see Orlando trade Dwight to Brooklyn for Lopez, Humphries, Brooks with no draft picks at the deadline?

That's what it seems like.

I think if thats what Orlando wanted they would have taken it IMO. Tanking and getting a good pick and cap relief is better than all that.

BigCityofDreams
07-25-2012, 04:00 PM
If the plan is to bottom out why would they take on the contract that Lopez is coming with? Unless they change their mind and feel Lopez is a cornerstone piece moving forward regardless of the money he is making.

Sandman
07-25-2012, 04:12 PM
I think if thats what Orlando wanted they would have taken it IMO. Tanking and getting a good pick and cap relief is better than all that.
The Magic don't want Lopez or Humphries, agreed.

I think that there's a distinct possibility that the Magic were willing to trade him to Brooklyn, but potential 3rd or 4th teams were skeptical of Lopez for having played in only 5 games. A half season could change a lot of things in this or any deal.

MagicHero3
07-25-2012, 04:19 PM
Dwight screwed the Magic just like they screwed dwight. Dwight wanted players who could win, Magic went and re-signed HEDO...

Dwight now wants a trade, but his payback is tellin everyone he's not going to sign an extension... so hes saying "TRADE ME! but im gonna test free agency next yr anyway"... has ANY player ever done that? disgusting...ashamed of the Magic organization pre-henny and ashamed of Dwight alltogether.

EasternStar
07-25-2012, 04:21 PM
Even though I want Dwight, as a Nets fan, personally, I hope these Nets-Magic trade talks don't come back in January.:sigh:

Chill_Will_24
07-25-2012, 05:15 PM
:D I love how butt-hurt you are dwight wants to be a laker and win a title sorry "Real Fan" go ahead and respond with one of your "I'm so smart quotes"

Dwight wants to be a Laker? Thats news to me. From everything i have heard he wants to be with the Nets but ORL didnt want to trade him so now Dwight is being forced to consider the Lakers

Sssmush
07-25-2012, 05:54 PM
But up until he signed, Lopez was available to be s&t'ed, wasn't he?

As I understand it, he can be traded up to the trade deadline, but he can't sign a max "Bird rights" contract until the end of the season, or July 1st or whatever.

However, at that point, if the player signs the free agent contract with their current team (not sure if it has to be a bird max deal), then they can't be traded till January 15th.

A further restriction someone mentioned is that teams over the cap (Lakers, Brooklyn) can't do sign and trades, either. So Orlando couldn't S&T Dwight to Brooklyn for Lopez, for example, not that they would.

I think what Brooklyn was trying to do was send the bird rights for Lopez to Orlando... I remember hearing in the news "now Brooklyn has re-signed Lopez, so they are out of the Howard chase" but I didn't fully understand at the time. I think they wanted to send his rights to Orlando, along with an agent agreement that he would sign there, or something like that.

So, maybe (I'm not sure about this) Orlando and Lakers could swap bird rights for Bynum and Howard, and then sign them afterward, as a way to get around it... or Orlando could just send the bird rights to whatever team as the equivalent for doing an actual sign and trade.

is there some CBA meister lurking who could explain/elaborate this a bit more, or if I'm wrong?

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-25-2012, 06:11 PM

Ur as dumb as bricks man.. first off there ain't one magic fan who is butt hurt about anything Dwight wants we all just want him gone so we can move on just like every other fan base in here X10 cause its our team .... I could careless where dwight wants to go or ends up and I dont know of any other magic fans that don't say the same.

Second Dwight doesn't want the Lakers its known he wanted bk he is settling for la as his worst case scenario ... so tech Lakers as playing second fiddle if I was a laker fan I think I'd kinda be offended by that...

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-25-2012, 06:15 PM
As I understand it, he can be traded up to the trade deadline, but he can't sign a max "Bird rights" contract until the end of the season, or July 1st or whatever.

However, at that point, if the player signs the free agent contract with their current team (not sure if it has to be a bird max deal), then they can't be traded till January 15th.

A further restriction someone mentioned is that teams over the cap (Lakers, Brooklyn) can't do sign and trades, either. So Orlando couldn't S&T Dwight to Brooklyn for Lopez, for example, not that they would.

I think what Brooklyn was trying to do was send the bird rights for Lopez to Orlando... I remember hearing in the news "now Brooklyn has re-signed Lopez, so they are out of the Howard chase" but I didn't fully understand at the time. I think they wanted to send his rights to Orlando, along with an agent agreement that he would sign there, or something like that.

So, maybe (I'm not sure about this) Orlando and Lakers could swap bird rights for Bynum and Howard, and then sign them afterward, as a way to get around it... or Orlando could just send the bird rights to whatever team as the equivalent for doing an actual sign and trade.

is there some CBA meister lurking who could explain/elaborate this a bit more, or if I'm wrong?

Dude a players bird rights is like his arm ...when he is traded it just goes with him they don't trade bird rights they just trade the players whom then can only get the Max from that team they were traded to since they now have that players bird rights

LakersSaintsLSU
07-25-2012, 06:16 PM
Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA
Orlando Magic general manager Rob Hennigan and his staff are currently meeting with Dwight Howard in Los Angeles, according to sources.....Gonna be a big NO NO

LakersSaintsLSU
07-25-2012, 06:17 PM
Legion Sports ‏@MySportsLegion
Sorry, I know we are tired of Dwight news but, Dwight is currently meeting with Rob Hennigan & others Magic executives in downtown LA.

D12 fan
07-25-2012, 06:24 PM
With Houston out of the race after signing their rookies,Orlando only has 2 options keep him till trade deadline or trade him for Bynum.

LakersSaintsLSU
07-25-2012, 06:35 PM
With Houston out of the race after signing their rookies,Orlando only has 2 options keep him till trade deadline or trade him for Bynum.

Exactly...i dont see a better deal then the one on the table so far as being a better one at the deadline....i think hennigan may be smart enough to not start the season with this guy on their squad

D-Leethal
07-25-2012, 06:35 PM
Why the hell would he want to stay there? That supporting cast is absolute trash and they picked up nobody this off season.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-25-2012, 06:40 PM

How is Houston out? If I'm not mistaken rookie can be traded 30 days after signing there rookie deal?.... meaning there out of it for a month not out of it all together ... season starts in november wihich is 3 months away rookies can deff be traded by then

LakersSaintsLSU
07-25-2012, 06:43 PM
How is Houston out? If I'm not mistaken rookie can be traded 30 days after signing there rookie deal?.... meaning there out of it for a month not out of it all together ... season starts in november wihich is 3 months away rookies can deff be traded by then

Because hou may have gotten smart to not gut there team and future on a rental

EasternStar
07-25-2012, 06:44 PM
Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA
Orlando Magic general manager Rob Hennigan and his staff are currently meeting with Dwight Howard in Los Angeles, according to sources.....Gonna be a big NO NO

Oh man, this Dwightmare is definitively going to be pushed back in January.:facepalm:

MrfadeawayJB
07-25-2012, 06:47 PM
Shaq 2.0

ThunderousDemon
07-25-2012, 06:48 PM
Shaq 2.0

Is that title supposed to be insulting?

LakersSaintsLSU
07-25-2012, 06:51 PM
Is that title supposed to be insulting?

my thoughts exactly

GH19
07-25-2012, 07:02 PM
lol Imangine if we read after the meeting that Dwight wants to sign an extension with Orlando.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-25-2012, 07:09 PM
Because hou may have gotten smart to not gut there team and future on a rental

They never were gonna gut there team stop believing everything ESPN says.... obviously Morey has come this far he isn't giving up he just had to sign his rookies like every other team in the NBA ...

Dade County
07-25-2012, 07:33 PM
lol Imangine if we read after the meeting that Dwight wants to sign an extension with Orlando.

It would be a lie...

Orlando will ask Howard to make in seem that he might stay or some crap like that, but thats because they want teams to offer up more.

Howard needs to tell them to go F them selfs and hold a press conference. They are trying to back Howard into a corner... They might actually try to hold him all year, and see if he will walk onto the Nets and sign for a minimum 1yr contract, which no Super Star player has. ( Then Howard can sign back onto the Nets when the season is over, for his full max, because they will have his rights.. Yes Luxury tax hell, but their owner has 17billion dollars, so who caries).

Howard needs to stand stead fast and do not go along with any plan that the Magic front office can come up with... Because if Howard says yes it would look like he is changing his mind again.

If the magic do not want to trade him until the trade deadline, then Howard need to milk that back injury, i am just telling you posters how I feel... i am sick of all of this.

Send Howard to Toronto, bobcats, Minny, Bucks... wherever:mad:

Sssmush
07-25-2012, 07:48 PM

Magic... believe!!

SouthSideRookie
07-25-2012, 07:50 PM

You're right, just because they signed the rookies doesn't mean that they are out. Both teams can agree on certain players and just make it official once they become eligible to be traded, it's happened before.

LakersSaintsLSU
07-25-2012, 08:01 PM
They never were gonna gut there team stop believing everything ESPN says.... obviously Morey has come this far he isn't giving up he just had to sign his rookies like every other team in the NBA ...

trust me if i believed in espn then dwight would have been a net,lebron a knick :facepalm:

GH19
07-25-2012, 08:56 PM
Anything that happens with Dwight from here on out would not surprise me anymore.