PDA

View Full Version : The Chicago Bulls sign Marco Bellineli

Stunner
07-23-2012, 02:59 PM
Aggrey Sam‏@CSNBullsInsider

Source confirms Marco Bellinelli's deal with the Bulls is done. Also: Bulls attempting to sign summer-leaguer Malcolm Thomas to 1-year deal.

Aggrey Sam‏@CSNBullsInsider

Unsurprisingly, other teams after Thomas, too. Bellinelli deal apparently isn't precluding Bulls from continuing to chase FA 2G Randy Foye.

GrandDaddyPurp
07-23-2012, 03:06 PM
Bulls still suck in my opinion.

effen5
07-23-2012, 03:08 PM

Well aren't you adorable.

BklynKnicks3
07-23-2012, 03:13 PM
he is below avg but looks like rocky

WackoMacko
07-23-2012, 03:13 PM
How do the bulls "still suck" they were the top seed in the league last year. I know your argument will be that they will be without Rose, but they were without him for most of the season anyways. In my opinion, they have upgraded their bench for the most part. With that said what you said is very idiotic and biased against the bulls

LTBaByyy
07-23-2012, 03:17 PM
Bulls might not make the playoffs with Rose coming back in March

Iron24th
07-23-2012, 03:17 PM
When Rose will be back, they'll have a pretty good backcourt, belinelli could be exactly the SG they needed.

phlp_bj
07-23-2012, 03:19 PM
Bulls might not make the playoffs with Rose coming back in March

we made the playoffs without rose. tell me 8 teams that are better than the bulls without rose in the east

WackoMacko
07-23-2012, 03:25 PM
we made the playoffs without rose. tell me 8 teams that are better than the bulls without rose in the east

:clap: Thank you. Needed to be said

effen5
07-23-2012, 03:30 PM

Bulls defense and rebounding alone puts them in the top 8.

JordanPippen
07-23-2012, 03:45 PM
When Rose will be back, they'll have a pretty good backcourt, belinelli could be exactly the SG they needed.

Belinelli has shown flashes in the past. Hopefully Thibs can put him in a position to excel

iFYouSeekAmy
07-23-2012, 03:47 PM
I was wondering; should the Bulls tank? They can tank, get a lotto pick, play out the young guys, and you don't have to rush Rose to play this season. The only problem is that their roster right now might secure a low playoff seed, or maybe not make the playoffs at all.

effen5
07-23-2012, 03:53 PM
I was wondering; should the Bulls tank? They can tank, get a lotto pick, play out the young guys, and you don't have to rush Rose to play this season. The only problem is that their roster right now might secure a low playoff seed, or maybe not make the playoffs at all.

You do realize who our coach is right?

ackar
07-23-2012, 03:59 PM
Good signing. Thibs don't play young guys and the Bulls don't tank.

Losoway
07-23-2012, 04:02 PM

yea they had a pretty ****** offseason . i expect them to finish top 5 in the lottery

get a good draft pick

Losoway
07-23-2012, 04:03 PM
Bulls defense and rebounding alone puts them in the top 8.

seriously your trolling in every bull related thread. WHAT DEFENSE. they have like 2 defensive players left

Look at the title of this thread . seriously stop trolling :facepalm:

TheRunKiller
07-23-2012, 04:04 PM

Coming from a Kings fan? smh

cjbulls3
07-23-2012, 04:06 PM
Bulls are still a top 5 or 6 th seed even without rose

TheRunKiller
07-23-2012, 04:06 PM
wtf is up with everyone hating on the Bulls?

Losoway
07-23-2012, 04:07 PM
Bulls are still a top 5 or 6 th seed even without rose

lmao

phlp_bj
07-23-2012, 05:17 PM
Heat
Celtics
Nets
Magic(if dwight's there)
Sixers
Knicks
Pacers
Bulls

^^this is in no order. just listing teams

Hawks(no more JJ)
Wiz(could compete for a spot with their upgrades)

Cubby
07-23-2012, 05:44 PM
seriously your trolling in every bull related thread. WHAT DEFENSE. they have like 2 defensive players left

Hinrich is a good defender. Rip is a decent defender. Deng, Noah, Taj, and Jimmy are all great defenders. Plus, there's this thing called "team defense," but since you're the real troll here I suppose I'm just wasting my time. Good day.

BradHolt4CYoung
07-23-2012, 05:52 PM
I dont think the Bulls had the bad of an offseason at all. If Rose was healthy nobody would be saying they had a bad offseason, probably the opposite. But considering they lost Rose and did not make a big splash they are getting crucified.

Bellineli is a solid signing but he is still just a role player on a team with way too many role players already.

FlakeyFool
07-23-2012, 07:09 PM
Bellinelli blows

phlp_bj
07-23-2012, 07:12 PM
I feel like everyone in this thread just bashes any signing the Bulls make. We all know he is not gonna be anything special. He's not gonna fill in for Rose and lead a team. Just another solid bench option that would do good on any team. If this were the Heat that signed Belinelli, people would have been raving about how he is going to be a great player playing with LeBron and he'll hit so many three's in Miami, but since he is in Chicago, I guess he is already pegged as trash

justinnum1
07-23-2012, 07:15 PM
I dont think bellinelli is that good. Downgrade from korver and not the 3pt threat kover was imo

jp611
07-23-2012, 07:57 PM
Bellinelli is definitely an upgrade to Korver and for a fraction of the price... The Bulls need more playmakers, while Bellinelli may not be the greatest playmaker, he's much better than Korver... Korver was a one trick pony and was due 5 million this year... In Kyle's career he's been assisted on 90% of his shots, in Bellinelli's career he's been assisted on 60% of his shots... What the Bulls need is playmaking abilities and they got someone who can come off the bench and score points... Solid pickup, better than Korver, 3 million less

Cubby
07-23-2012, 08:01 PM
I feel like everyone in this thread just bashes any signing the Bulls make. We all know he is not gonna be anything special. He's not gonna fill in for Rose and lead a team. Just another solid bench option that would do good on any team. If this were the Heat that signed Belinelli, people would have been raving about how he is going to be a great player playing with LeBron and he'll hit so many three's in Miami, but since he is in Chicago, I guess he is already pegged as trash

That's not really true, honestly, but there are some. Grouping the many with the few isn't fair.

Cubby
07-23-2012, 08:03 PM
I dont think bellinelli is that good. Downgrade from korver and not the 3pt threat kover was imo

He can create his own shot, more athletic, younger, and cheaper than Korver. He also has potential to be better than he is now and can become at least a decent defender under Thibs. He could be a solid sixth man for his team if we keep Rip and could spot start if Rip goes down with an injury.

HowBoutDemBulls
07-23-2012, 08:12 PM
Good pick up for the price. I bet he has a career year with us.

Lake_Show2416
07-23-2012, 08:26 PM
a poor spot up shooter wit no1 to get him the ball

#championship

tbone2171
07-23-2012, 08:29 PM
How do the bulls "still suck" they were the top seed in the league last year. I know your argument will be that they will be without Rose, but they were without him for most of the season anyways. In my opinion, they have upgraded their bench for the most part. With that said what you said is very idiotic and biased against the bulls

So you're saying that the Bulls will be a #1 seed again this year?

Bulls_fan90
07-23-2012, 08:34 PM

Where did he say that? Quality trolling in this thread.

Bulls are poopy.

Cubby
07-23-2012, 08:34 PM
a poor spot up shooter wit no1 to get him the ball

#championship

Too bad he's not just a spot up shooter. He was assisted on 79% of his shots and shoots an efficient clip while on terrible teams. Korver was assisted on 90% of his shots. Yeah, he ****ing sucks.

WackoMacko
07-24-2012, 04:04 AM

No where did I say that. I was simply making an argument that the bulls will not suck. I expect them to be the 5th or 6th seed depending on when rose comes back if at all, and if he will play up to his ability or not. A lot of ifs, but by all means they are not a bad team. Nor do they "still suck" as stated earlier.

Shammyguy3
07-24-2012, 07:01 AM

Still have Luol Deng, Jimmy Butler, Taj Gibson, Joakim Noah.
Hinrich's a better defender than Watson.
Belinelli's at worst equal to Korver on defense due to his athletic ability and, especially with Thibs as his new coach.

The only defender the Bulls lost was Derrick Rose due to injury, who will be back in the lineup this year, and Omer Asik for obvious reasons.

jrudnik
07-24-2012, 02:34 PM

Deng is a great defender--second best in isolation defense this year behind LeBron.

Noah can still defend. Gibson is a great defender. Hinrich may have something left in the tank.

Losing Brewer, Watson and Asik will clearly hurt the Bulls' rebounding and defense. Thibs will still have them as a top-ten team defensively, but they have taken a step back this summer.

DeyAce
07-24-2012, 02:55 PM
Bulls fans seem to overrate Bellineli due to sheer desperation of a FA acquistition.

justinnum1
07-24-2012, 03:14 PM
Bulls fans seem to overrate Bellineli due to sheer desperation of a FA acquistition.

Understandable.

Cubby
07-24-2012, 03:51 PM

All I've said is that he's better than Korver and state prove that.

bearadonisdna
07-25-2012, 05:51 PM
Bellaneli only averaged . 8 points less than oj mayo in roughly the same minutes.

Bellaneli is a decent enough pikup and the moves the nulls made puts them, i believe about as good as the pacers. The bulls WILL be contending for that division which would put them no lower than the 4th seed if they win it.

bearadonisdna
07-25-2012, 05:54 PM
Also nazr mohhamed is an above average defender. Who the bulls also signed.

Bulls signed hinrich, which DIRECTLY improves their starting lineup.

N3TS
07-25-2012, 05:55 PM
Bellineli has shown flashes of great play, but he has to be much more consistent. There is a reason he has been bouncing around from team to team.

bearadonisdna
07-25-2012, 06:03 PM
Bellineli has shown flashes of great play, but he has to be much more consistent. There is a reason he has been bouncing around from team to team.

They had a decent enough thing going in NO till paul skirted out.

smith&wesson
07-25-2012, 06:26 PM
young sly stalone lol

he is instant offense. very streaky shooter. good depth at the wing position for the bulls. rip aint cutting it on his own at the sg.

MrFastBreak
07-25-2012, 07:03 PM
he is below avg but looks like rocky

Ha, Ive always thought he looked like the Italian Stallion. Still, hes a nice addition tho