PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Rose possibly out until March

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-23-2012, 12:44 PM
Eye on Basketball ‏@EyeOnBasketball
Report: Derrick Rose "out until likely March." http://cbsprt.co/LIaNoO Time to at least start looking at the panic button for the Bulls.

BigBlueCrew
07-23-2012, 12:46 PM
Wow that sux

justinnum1
07-23-2012, 12:49 PM
No surprise here.

NYKnickFanatic
07-23-2012, 12:51 PM
That sucks so much. I dont think he will ever be the same, but I hope he can come back better than ever. :(

The 6-4-3
07-23-2012, 12:52 PM
So much for the Bulls being a good team again.

RaiderLakersA's
07-23-2012, 12:53 PM
About as expected. Might as well say he's out for the season, since he'll need time to get back up to game speed. Don't want to rush him back, that's for sure.

Kashmir13579
07-23-2012, 12:54 PM
When he comes back, i hope he's back for good. Keep ya heads up Bulls fans..

DaBUU
07-23-2012, 12:55 PM
Lets tank this B****!
Rose-Shabbaz in '13!

Vending Machine
07-23-2012, 12:56 PM
Looks like the Pacers will be winning that Division.

D1JM
07-23-2012, 12:56 PM
Thibs is a good coach and he hates losing. Bulls not making playoffs? yeah right.

Vending Machine
07-23-2012, 12:58 PM
Thibs is a good coach and he hates losing. Bulls not making playoffs? yeah right.

He'll resign and take his talents to south beach :cool:

Evolution23
07-23-2012, 12:59 PM
Wow that sucks! As a Knicks fan, I hate the Bulls but that shouldn't happen to any player. Wish Rose a full and healthy recovery! I hope my dude Shump isn't in the same situation
:(

310Casper
07-23-2012, 01:01 PM
minus whale tank the season.

D1JM
07-23-2012, 01:01 PM
He'll resign and take his talents to south beach :cool:

The big three wouldn't want Thibs as their coach. They won't be allowed to "chill" like bosh once said

Hawkeye15
07-23-2012, 01:02 PM
dang, nearly 10 months?? I was hoping to see him around the first part of January. I still think the Bulls are deep enough, and play good enough defense to get a playoff spot. And let's be honest, as good as Rose is, the Bulls aren't going to fall off a ledge. They did fine without him, though over the course of a season, you have to figure they now land around 50 wins if Rose can only give them a couple healthy months.

Kashmir13579
07-23-2012, 01:07 PM
I agree. Bulls only need Rose for the playoffs. Though it does seem as though they lost some other talent this offseason. In Thibbs they should trust.

The goods
07-23-2012, 01:09 PM
They might as well keep him out this season and let him rest for a full recovery, unless they make the playoffs.

Hawkeye15
07-23-2012, 01:14 PM
I agree. Bulls only need Rose for the playoffs. Though it does seem as though they lost some other talent this offseason. In Thibbs they should trust.

If you know there is a strong possibility that you won't contend due to essentially a wasted year of Rose's career, would you want to pay the luxury tax? It appears they may be getting ready to shed what they can, and possibly use the amnesty on Boozer next summer when they can free up cap room to sign a significant player.

Just looking at their cap, wtf were they thinking giving Noah that deal?

SteBO
07-23-2012, 01:19 PM
If you know there is a strong possibility that you won't contend due to essentially a wasted year of Rose's career, would you want to pay the luxury tax? It appears they may be getting ready to shed what they can, and possibly use the amnesty on Boozer next summer when they can free up cap room to sign a significant player.

Just looking at their cap, wtf were they thinking giving Noah that deal?
Noah was restricted at that point, right? If so, I think it was simply a matter of locking him up before some team got looney enough to pay him max dollars, therefore forcing CHI to match. If anything, the situation could've been worse if you think about it. The Boozer deal is the one we should be destroying in my humble opinion.....

KniCks4LiFe
07-23-2012, 01:19 PM
No surprise here.

I ain't either. ACL don't just get fixed quickly. This is good for Bulls fans, he's going to have a long career. Just play .500, don't fire your coach and Rose returns in March to give you that push.

RLundi
07-23-2012, 01:24 PM
Geez. Bulls will still win 45 though. Imagine if the Bulls tanked, got a high lottery pick and amnestied Boozer, like someone already said. They could essentially start over with a (hopefully) healthy Rose, cap space and a lottery pick...

king4day
07-23-2012, 01:25 PM
If they are playing well enough to be in playoff contention, the Bulls could be a really dangerous 5-8 seed. The team they play in round one will have their hands full.

Celtic AL
07-23-2012, 01:25 PM
The Bulls are still a playoff team. with and with out Rose.

Becks2307
07-23-2012, 01:29 PM
i don't think this current bulls team was ever going to beat the heat.

Imo they should blow it up, tank, get shabazz, get rid of boozer get more picks and a more athletic young team.

AddiX
07-23-2012, 01:29 PM
I think rose as we knew him is done no matter when he comes back. His ability was based on all athletic ability, hes not doing that kind of stuff anymore. Chi needs to gut and rebuild.

Pierzynski4Prez
07-23-2012, 01:34 PM
Noah was restricted at that point, right? If so, I think it was simply a matter of locking him up before some team got looney enough to pay him max dollars, therefore forcing CHI to match. If anything, the situation could've been worse if you think about it. The Boozer deal is the one we should be destroying in my humble opinion.....

When it was signed, the Boozer deal wasn't looked at that badly. He got quite a bit under what the other premier PF's at 100+ million, and he was coming off a year that 5/75 didn't seem that a bad deal at all and was a nice consolation to missing out on all that that the heat got. If he was getting the same minutes here than in Utah, his numbers would essentially be the same and people wouldn't be so quick to judge him.

Hawkeye15
07-23-2012, 01:36 PM
you realize that tanking is not happening, right? They still have some real talent on that team, with a great defensive coach. The only way it happens is if they screw the lottery up again, and jump 12 teams. If that happens, I officially don't like the Bulls.

Sportfan
07-23-2012, 01:43 PM
No he signed an extension during the season

Weezy
07-23-2012, 01:52 PM
Lol they aren't tanking. Still a playoff team especially with Thibs as their coach.

Sofnr
07-23-2012, 01:55 PM
I don't see anything in this article or from the Tribune that has any factual basis behind it. It sounds like they are just speculating. I havn't heard any news from Rose's camp or from his doctors saying he is behind his rehab. The last news that was reported said he was ahead of schedule. Until someone with actual knowledge of the situation says it's March i would still say anywhere from January to March is a possibility.

AKAYaReal
07-23-2012, 01:56 PM
To early to tell if they will still be a playoff team. They have no closer now. They have their defense but look how far that got the Bucks when they didnt have that extra scoring push.

I think its a little to premature to pencil them in as a playoff team just yet.

rickshaw
07-23-2012, 01:56 PM
The big three wouldn't want Thibs as their coach. They won't be allowed to "chill" like bosh once said

http://ionetheurbandaily.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/boshface.gif

And theyre probably fine with Spoelstra, he let them chill all the way to a title.

ackar
07-23-2012, 01:59 PM
I believe he will be back before then. March is the safe bet and missing the whole season is the worst case scenario. Bulls are not tanking and will make the playoffs at least a sixth seed at worse.

effen5
07-23-2012, 02:01 PM
How could they possibly know this? How could anyone know this?

SteBO
07-23-2012, 02:01 PM
When it was signed, the Boozer deal wasn't looked at that badly. He got quite a bit under what the other premier PF's at 100+ million, and he was coming off a year that 5/75 didn't seem that a bad deal at all and was a nice consolation to missing out on all that that the heat got. If he was getting the same minutes here than in Utah, his numbers would essentially be the same and people wouldn't be so quick to judge him.
Good point. I kinda felt it was an overreaction to what the Heat did w/ Wade and Bosh committing, but you make a good case.

No he signed an extension during the season
Thank you good sir.

Dade County
07-23-2012, 02:03 PM
Man... Bulls should let Rose rehab for the full season, have a fire sale, tank, and try to grab a super star in free agency.

I hope rose comes back from his injury.

MintBerryCrunch
07-23-2012, 02:04 PM
Lol at all the bulls fans refusing to accept Rose will Be gone until March..
Just like they refused to admit they had no chance in the playoffs last year when drose went down

effen5
07-23-2012, 02:06 PM
Lol at all the bulls fans refusing to accept Rose will Be gone until March..
Just like they refused to admit they had no chance in the playoffs last year when drose went down

You do realize March is 8 months away right? How can anyone make that guess is beyond me...

And that 6ers series would have been closer if Noah didn't get hurt either. Get your facts straight.

AddiX
07-23-2012, 02:09 PM
Rose could easily be gone longer than march.

And why are people saying they are still a playoff team? They have a questionable superstar, and the real Strenfth if the team, the depth, has been gutted and replaced w who?

That defense was great because it had bodies off the bench, those days are looking over. Destroy and rebuid...

TheRunKiller
07-23-2012, 02:10 PM
He'll be back before March. Not worried

Losoway
07-23-2012, 02:11 PM
who in next year draft can make a impact with the bulls??

TheRunKiller
07-23-2012, 02:11 PM
How could they possibly know this? How could anyone know this?

They don't really know they just wanted a story

TheRunKiller
07-23-2012, 02:12 PM
who in next year draft can make a impact with the bulls??

Bulls are still gonna be in the playoffs i dunno wtf you are talking about

pacofunk64
07-23-2012, 02:14 PM
Well they should set the time table as what is expected. This way when he comes back 2-3 months sooner they can rave about how a freak he is (like "All Day" Adrian Peterson). The Bulls will still field a solid team though. I mean we have 3 border line All-Stars in Deng, Boozer, & Noah. Not to mention Henrich is solid on both ends and I believe RIP will hopefully stay healthy to get in rhythm.

Tha Truth
07-23-2012, 02:17 PM
Horrible news for BullsNation.

If they get into the playoffs they will be fighting for the last couple spots.

And even if Rose comes back in March he won't be the same Rose right away. He will be rusty considering how much time he's going to miss. It might be in the Bulls best interest to shut him down for the season and bring him back for next year so he can have a full training camp.

Like what the Clippers did with Blake when he had that horrible injury.

Losoway
07-23-2012, 02:18 PM
Bulls are still gonna be in the playoffs i dunno wtf you are talking about

are you delusional?? the bulls are making it nowhere near the playoffs :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

thephoenixson28
07-23-2012, 02:19 PM
Rose to Phx

Evolution23
07-23-2012, 02:19 PM
Geez. Bulls will still win 45 though. Imagine if the Bulls tanked, got a high lottery pick and amnestied Boozer, like someone already said. They could essentially start over with a (hopefully) healthy Rose, cap space and a lottery pick...

Amnesty Boozer, sign Dwight Howard, get a lottery pick, and get a healthy Rose back. That would be scary.

Losoway
07-23-2012, 02:21 PM
Amnesty Boozer, sign Dwight Howard, get a lottery pick, and get a healthy Rose back. That would be scary.

dwight said he will not sign with the bulls or wants any part to do with chicago

adidas wouldnt want there 2 highest paid athletes on the same team . bad for business

effen5
07-23-2012, 02:23 PM
are you delusional?? the bulls are making it nowhere near the playoffs :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

You wanna bet? Bulls are still better than a lot of the teams in the east.

ILMindState
07-23-2012, 02:24 PM
To early to tell if they will still be a playoff team. They have no closer now. They have their defense but look how far that got the Bucks when they didnt have that extra scoring push.

I think its a little to premature to pencil them in as a playoff team just yet.

Agreed. The 2 scorers Rip and Boozer are also very injury prone. Noah and Hinrich haven't been very durable either. Lottery could be a possibility.

Losoway
07-23-2012, 02:28 PM
bulls are still better then alot of teamss??? lmaoooo

Carlos Boozer
Ronnie Brewer
Jimmy Butler
Luol Deng
Taj Gibson
Richard Hamilton
Joakim Noah
Vladimir Radmanovic
Derrick Rose -out for season most likely-
kirk hinrich

wont win over 30 games

I am Smart
07-23-2012, 02:31 PM
I think we are at least a .500 team without Rose. We won last year during the season when Rose was out as well as Deng. With an offseason to prepare and the right transactions, we could at least be decent. Certainly not a contender for the title however.

raiderposting
07-23-2012, 02:32 PM
People who say they won't get in the playoffs are ********. They still were a top team when rose was out last year and still finished with the top seed. Now they can't get a 8th seed? Gtfoh.

quade36
07-23-2012, 02:36 PM

Carlos Boozer
Ronnie Brewer
Jimmy Butler
Luol Deng
Taj Gibson
Richard Hamilton
Joakim Noah
Vladimir Radmanovic
kirk hinrich

wont win over 30 games

Wow. With him they win at least 55. Without they don't win 30.

you have one of two perspectives.

1. Derick rose is the best NBA player in the league. Maybe even in basketball history. For a single player to influence almost a 30 games swing. Not even Jordan was that good.

2. We really need to stop 12 year olds from trolling here. Or at least educate them to come up with better trolling techniques.

davids22
07-23-2012, 02:41 PM
I think the Bulls will make the playoffs as a bottom 4 seed (5-8), and with Derrick coming back, they could be a scary playoff team set to pull off an upset. But the question is, should they even risk it?

If I'm the Bulls, I know that we're not going to win a championship this upcoming season, so what's the point? I would shut Rose down for the season. Then amnesty Boozer, hope you get a good lottery pick, and make some splashes in free agency of 2013, where you have guys like Dwight, Bynum, Monta Ellis, Kevin Martin, Manu, Josh Smith, David West, Paul Milsap, Nikola Pekovic, etc.

Bulls can set themselves up nicely for the 2013-2014 season, but only if they want to.

Losoway
07-23-2012, 02:44 PM
Wow. With him they win at least 55. Without they don't win 30.

you have one of two perspectives.

1. Derick rose is the best NBA player in the league. Maybe even in basketball history. For a single player to influence almost a 30 games swing. Not even Jordan was that good.

2. We really need to stop 12 year olds from trolling here. Or at least educate them to come up with better trolling techniques.

you sound like a first class troll.

derrick rose was the leader . the bulls confidence. even tho they won games without him . they knew he was coming back soon . they couldnt even get pass the 76ers without him.

they cant beat the heat, celtics, knicks, pacers, hawks, 76ers, magics or nets with that lineup .

I am Smart
07-23-2012, 02:45 PM
I think the Bulls will make the playoffs as a bottom 4 seed (5-8), and with Derrick coming back, they could be a scary playoff team set to pull off an upset. But the question is, should they even risk it?

If I'm the Bulls, I know that we're not going to win a championship this upcoming season, so what's the point? I would shut Rose down for the season. Then amnesty Boozer, hope you get a good lottery pick, and make some splashes in free agency of 2013, where you have guys like Dwight, Bynum, Monta Ellis, Kevin Martin, Manu, Josh Smith, David West, Paul Milsap, Nikola Pekovic, etc.

Bulls can set themselves up nicely for the 2013-2014 season, but only if they want to.
I think we should wait and see how the team plays halfway through the season without Rose and the current roster with losing Korver, Asik, Brewer, Watson but adding Hinrich, Bellinelli, Mohammed and probably another 2 guard.

Sofnr
07-23-2012, 02:46 PM
I'm still laughing at the reactions everyone in here is having to a speculation article. This was written with absolutely zero new knowledge of the situation. Nothing has changed between today and a month ago. Nobody will know when Rose is coming back until he gets much deeper into his rehab. The article even acknowledges that Rose could come back much sooner with a good rehab. But keep treating a title on a PSD thread like fact. Its pretty entertaining.

Losoway
07-23-2012, 02:47 PM
I think we should wait and see how the team plays halfway through the season without Rose and the current roster with losing Korver, Asik, Brewer, Watson but adding Hinrich, Bellinelli, Mohammed and probably another 2 guard.

this is exactly what im saying. bulls fans stop saying they are guarantteed a playoff spot

when talent wise they arent even in the discussion

Ezio
07-23-2012, 02:48 PM
This is the "safe" estimation. No one will come out saying Rose will be back January.

bbcmillionaire
07-23-2012, 03:03 PM
Lol eh just another prognosis, I'll wait and see

Tmath
07-23-2012, 03:05 PM
Thibs should be fired for keeping Rose in that game.

akagiredsuns
07-23-2012, 03:06 PM
they might as well shut him down for the whole season. it makes no sense to bring him back in march to play for a month. like I have said all along shut him down for the entire season and just wait till november 2013. he would have had 18 months to recover and he will be as close as he possibly can to what he once was. any sooner and you will have a brandon roy 2.0 on your hands.

akagiredsuns
07-23-2012, 03:10 PM
Thibs should be fired for keeping Rose in that game.

why do you say that? the bulls were only up by 6 points with less than 2 minutes to go in the game. and the guy is our closer if u don't know that then u don't know the bulls. :facepalm:

effen5
07-23-2012, 03:12 PM
this is exactly what im saying. bulls fans stop saying they are guarantteed a playoff spot

when talent wise they arent even in the discussion

No what you're flat out saying is they are a lottery team. You never said we should wait and see.

I'm going to do your impression except with the Knicks.

Knicks are a lottery team because they don't have Lin.

Knicks were barely a 500 team last year until Lin came in, meaning without Lin this year, they will have a below 500 record next year.

effen5
07-23-2012, 03:15 PM
Wait I can do the same with NJ/BK

NJ was horrible last year and their only addition was JJ. They will still be a lottery team.

****in morons seriously.

LongIslandIcedZ
07-23-2012, 03:16 PM
No what you're flat out saying is they are a lottery team. You never said we should wait and see.

I'm going to do your impression except with the Knicks.

Knicks are a lottery team because they don't have Lin.

Knicks were barely a 500 team last year until Lin came in, meaning without Lin this year, they will have a below 500 record next year.

Knicks finished the year 18-6 without Lin, and Lin isnt nearly the playe Rose is.

But I know your just battling trolls, you gotta ignore em

mjokc
07-23-2012, 03:17 PM
That ACL injury was inevitable because of the way he relies on his athleticism alone to play in the NBA. Sadly, he doesn't have any other reliable skills to play in the NBA. He will never be the same player again and may possibly retire because of it.

effen5
07-23-2012, 03:20 PM
That ACL injury was inevitable because of the way he relies on his athleticism alone to play in the NBA. Sadly, he doesn't have any other reliable skills to play in the NBA. He will never be the same player again and may possibly retire because of it.

It was his 4th year...hes still learning the game...:facepalm:

Jordan didn't master the fadeaway until middle of his career, how do you know Rose won't develop a different skill.

You have to realize, this kid is probably the hardest working kid along with Kobe in the NBA. He'll do whatever he has to, to win.

I also find that comment funny, people keep doubting this kid, and all this kid will do is shove it back in your face. I hope some of you guys are prepared to take back what you say, if he becomes even better when he gets back.

BTW, is your sig real? No way Obama did that lol.

effen5
07-23-2012, 03:23 PM
Knicks finished the year 18-6 without Lin, and Lin isnt nearly the playe Rose is.

But I know your just battling trolls, you gotta ignore em

I am battling trolls but back to the original comment, you guys were struggling before Lin came in and gave you that spark. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Iron24th
07-23-2012, 03:31 PM
I feel for bulls fans.

LongIslandIcedZ
07-23-2012, 03:40 PM
I am battling trolls but back to the original comment, you guys were struggling before Lin came in and gave you that spark. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Absolutely

I just wouldnt really compare that to the Bulls situation.

You are correct, though.

MintBerryCrunch
07-23-2012, 03:48 PM
You do realize March is 8 months away right? How can anyone make that guess is beyond me...

And that 6ers series would have been closer if Noah didn't get hurt either. Get your facts straight.

No point in arguing with a homer

effen5
07-23-2012, 03:52 PM
No point in arguing with a homer

Or a realist...

"MintBerryCrunch"

http://www.chicagonow.com/stump-the-tromp/files/2011/06/mint_berry_crunch.jpg

Losoway
07-23-2012, 03:54 PM
i really cant believe people still think the bulls are a playoff team .

smh

Lakerhead4ever
07-23-2012, 03:59 PM
i swear the east got it so easy!!! not dwight, not rose?

only serious contenders are the heat and celtics.

i would say the knicks but i honestly dont know what to expect from them. i have had high hopes for them the past couple seasons and they disappoint. pacers are good but imo are not a contender

TheRunKiller
07-23-2012, 04:02 PM

Carlos Boozer
Ronnie Brewer
Jimmy Butler
Luol Deng
Taj Gibson
Richard Hamilton
Joakim Noah
Vladimir Radmanovic
kirk hinrich

wont win over 30 games

First of all know the bulls roster cuz that's not it. won't win 30 games? LMAO you're a joke

TheRunKiller
07-23-2012, 04:03 PM

smh

they will finish with a better record then NY & Brooklyn

fin_frenzy_84
07-23-2012, 04:04 PM

smh

Do you even watch basketball? Rose was out of a handful of games last year and same with rip. Deng was out also for a few games and we still had the best record. Losing rose does hurt but we will make the playoffs. Name 8 teams in the East who are better then the bulls.... Think before you post.

Losoway
07-23-2012, 04:06 PM
Do you even watch basketball? Rose was out of a handful of games last year and same with rip. Deng was out also for a few games and we still had the best record. Losing rose does hurt but we will make the playoffs. Name 8 teams in the East who are better then the bulls.... Think before you post.

Heat
celtics
pacers
knicks
hawks
magic
76ers
nets

bulls lost - watson , asik , brewer , korver . DEPTH

what did they gain this off-season?

what happen in the playoffs when everyone said the bulls still have a chance without rose?

think before you post. its smarter to just log out and be guest

meloman1592
07-23-2012, 04:10 PM
they will finish with a better record then NY & Brooklyn

U dont even believe that

Punk
07-23-2012, 04:10 PM

smh

Exactly. I get that they won 60 games the last two seasons but they are simply not going to be that good this year. That's not a diss either.

Out: Rose (injured), Noah (injured), Watson, Korver, Brewer, Asik, Lucas. Hamilton is being shopped.

In: Hinrich, Vlad, Bellineli, Nazr, Teague.

Hrinich/Teague
Hamilton/Bellineli
Deng/Butler/Vlad
Boozer/Gibson
Noah/Nazr

I can't see that team being able to get 60 wins or a 2nd seed. Miami/Boston/Indiana/NYK/Brooklyn will get off to a better start until Rose is back or when they make more roster additions. People are in denial if they think other wise, they have zero chemistry that made them special. No go to scorer either.

TheRunKiller
07-23-2012, 04:11 PM
U dont even believe that

Yeah i do

WickedBadMan
07-23-2012, 04:11 PM
Will be 8 seed / not make the playoffs.

Not sure why Bulls fans would even want to make the playoffs, can't win title as built even with Rose, getting bounced as an eighth seed and getting a **** pick sounds counter productive.

shizzle09
07-23-2012, 04:13 PM
in all reality this just presents potential danger for the higher seeds. If the Bulls are floating around the 5,6 or 7 seed when they get Rose back it wont be an easy 1st round matchup. earning the 2 seed and having to play the Bulls first round would be kinda harsh.

TheRunKiller
Exactly. I get that they won 60 games the last two seasons but they are simply not going to be that good this year. That's not a diss either.

Out: Rose (injured), Noah (injured), Watson, Korver, Brewer, Asik, Lucas. Hamilton is being shopped.

In: Hinrich, Vlad, Bellineli, Nazr, Teague.

Hrinich/Teague
Hamilton/Bellineli
Deng/Butler/Vlad
Boozer/Gibson
Noah/Nazr

I can't see that team being able to get 60 wins or a 2nd seed. Miami/Boston/Indiana/NYK/Brooklyn will get off to a better start until Rose is back or when they make more roster additions.

Who said anything about them winning 60 games next season? BULLS ARE GOING TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS NEXT SEASON as a 4/5/6 seed

fin_frenzy_84
Heat
celtics
pacers
knicks
hawks
magic
76ers
nets

bulls lost - watson , asik , brewer , korver . DEPTH

what did they gain this off-season?

what happen in the playoffs when everyone said the bulls still have a chance without rose?

think before you post. its smarter to just log out and be guest

We lost all of our depth??? Jimmy pretty much replaces Brewer. Defense but not much offensive game.
Marco is way better than Korver.
Asik has the edge on Nazr but I still think it is smart we didnt match.
Kirk is a upgrade over c.j.

Now as for the nets being better than us. Kill youself.
As for the magic being better than us. Go kick some rocks.
As for the Hawks being better than us. Go dig a hole and jump in it.
Knicks and sixers are close.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-23-2012, 04:15 PM
Tank so the Raptors can make the playoffs.

Punk
07-23-2012, 04:16 PM
Who said anything about them winning 60 games next season? BULLS ARE GOING TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS NEXT SEASON as a 4/5/6 seed

Yeah, but for whatever reason people act like they will be a Top 3 despite the fact they got worse with injuries and roster moves while Boston, Miami, NYC teams got better and deeper.

The Bulls will certainly make the playoffs though.

cheaptrikz
07-23-2012, 04:18 PM
i think we knew he was gonna take a while to comeback

Punk
07-23-2012, 04:20 PM
We lost all of our depth??? Jimmy pretty much replaces Brewer. Defense but not much offensive game.

You know how we feel about the Nets but come on man.

Deron/Johnson/Wallace > Hinrich/Hamilton/Deng.

Losoway
07-23-2012, 04:20 PM

jimmy replaces Brewer defense? lmao :facepalm:

MARCO way better than korver? :facepalm:

kirk a upgrade over cj? they both played 49 games last season. im gonna let u guess who stats were better.

please leave emotion out of this . bulls are not a playoff team

j-bay
07-23-2012, 04:21 PM
Adam Silver:The 1st overall pick will.....The Chicago Bulls

GH19
07-23-2012, 04:37 PM
They can probably tread water until he comes back, play about .500 ball then get him back in March and try to regain there form with him until the playoffs.

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-23-2012, 04:38 PM
I dont know if the Bulls are making the playoffs or not, but they are definitely not tanking and they won't be bad enough to even be in the top 10. The only way they get Shabazz is if they rig the **** out of it again. Severely doubt the Bulls get the top pick with less than a 1% chance again.

MintBerryCrunch
07-23-2012, 04:41 PM
Or a realist...

"MintBerryCrunch"

http://www.chicagonow.com/stump-the-tromp/files/2011/06/mint_berry_crunch.jpg

Great comeback bro!! You got me !!

effen5
07-23-2012, 04:42 PM
jimmy replaces Brewer defense? lmao :facepalm:

MARCO way better than korver? :facepalm:

kirk a upgrade over cj? they both played 49 games last season. im gonna let u guess who stats were better.

please leave emotion out of this . bulls are not a playoff team

Oh heyyy a guy who doesn't watch the Bulls at all...

Did you not watch some games last year where we had to bench Brewer because he was so bad? Jimmy's defense is as good as Brewers and has a better offensive game than Brewers but you wouldn't know that since you've never seen Butler play.

Korver has been awful offensively lately with the Bulls, Marco can actually create his own shots unlike Korver who relies on Rose to create a shot for Korver.

CJ also has been horrendous lately. CJ also played starter minutes last year over Kirk who was a bench player. Funny how you forgot to mention that part. Oh yeah...and JL3 ffs played over CJ shows you how great CJ was last year.

effen5
07-23-2012, 04:43 PM
Great comeback bro!! You got me !!

Same thing could have been said about your original post bro. Come at me bro!!

Linkels
07-23-2012, 04:46 PM
Why do people hate the Bulls so much??

MintBerryCrunch
07-23-2012, 04:48 PM
Same thing could have been said about your original post bro. Come at me bro!!

everyone knows none of you arguments are valid at all.
Hinrich > Watson? :facepalm:
Look at your team's starting lineup and tell me that they can beat Brooklyn, NY, Miami, Boston, or Indiana. they couldnt even beat Philly.

troll.

MintBerryCrunch
07-23-2012, 04:49 PM

i have no problem with the bulls, it's the fans that get me

TheRunKiller
07-23-2012, 04:49 PM

cuz they know even tho rose is out they're still better than their team

effen5
07-23-2012, 04:51 PM
Look at your team's starting lineup and tell me that they can beat Brooklyn, NY, Miami, Boston, or Indiana. they couldnt even beat Philly.

troll.

Bro, thats 6 teams you just named meaning that would still put us in the playoffs... :facepalm:

And Philly people forget Noah was hurt but nobody gives a **** about that right? :facepalm:

Linkels
07-23-2012, 04:52 PM

troll.

Hinrich is a much better fit on the Bulls squad. And the Philly series which a lot of people dont realize is that Rose and NOAH was out during that series.2 missed free throws by Asik would of went to a game 7. Also Philly took Boston to a Game 7.

MintBerryCrunch
07-23-2012, 04:53 PM
Bro, thats 6 teams you just named meaning that would still put us in the playoffs... :facepalm:

And Philly people forget Noah was hurt but nobody gives a **** about that right? :facepalm:

did i say your team wouldnt make the playoffs " bro" ?

Yeah, Noah would've fixed every weak spot in your team haha

MintBerryCrunch
07-23-2012, 04:54 PM
Hinrich is a much better fit on the Bulls squad. And the Philly series which a lot of people dont realize is that Rose and NOAH was out during that series.2 missed free throws by Asik would of went to a game 7. Also Philly took Boston to a Game 7.

your team is not good enough to win a playoff series without Derrick Rose, that's all there is to it. With him, yes, without him, no chance.

He115ing
07-23-2012, 04:54 PM
They are probably as good as philly without rose though.

Linkels
07-23-2012, 04:57 PM
your team is not good enough to win a playoff series without Derrick Rose, that's all there is to it. With him, yes, without him, no chance.

Tell me what team is good enough to win a playoff series without their best player and their probably second most important player?

MintBerryCrunch
07-23-2012, 04:58 PM
Tell me what team is good enough to win a playoff series without their best player and their probably second most important player?

i meant as of now , this year.
They might make the playoffs as a 6th seed, but they're not beating anyone.

Pierzynski4Prez
07-23-2012, 04:58 PM

That's why Watson was busy signing for the Vet Minimum elsewhere upon his release. He's sooooooo much better.

MintBerryCrunch
07-23-2012, 05:04 PM
That's why Watson was busy signing for the Vet Minimum elsewhere upon his release. He's sooooooo much better.

Watson Per 48: 19 Points, 8 assists
Hinrich Per 48: 12 points, 5 assists

What is your point?

fin_frenzy_84
07-23-2012, 05:08 PM
You know how we feel about the Nets but come on man.

Deron/Johnson/Wallace > Hinrich/Hamilton/Deng.

You only compared 1-3.

Ezio
07-23-2012, 05:11 PM
People seriously thinking we won't make the playoffs? It only takes a .500 record to make it in the East conference.

Pierzynski4Prez
07-23-2012, 05:14 PM
Watson Per 48: 19 Points, 8 assists
Hinrich Per 48: 12 points, 5 assists

What is your point?

Damn, How did CJ not get the max instead of the Vet Min with those numbers?

Lou Williams Per48 27 PPG.
Tony Parker Per48 27 PPG
Chris Paul Per48 26 PPG

I guess these guys are equals. Great stat to use as a comparison. Different offenses, different roles. CJ had a much higher Usage % over Kirk with a Lower TS%.

fin_frenzy_84
07-23-2012, 05:14 PM

I agree without rose we cant win a playoff series but to say we wont make the playoffs is so stupid (not saying you said it)
Rose should be back by the time the Bulls are in the playoffs question then will be will rose be healthy enough to help us

fin_frenzy_84
07-23-2012, 05:15 PM
i meant as of now , this year.
They might make the playoffs as a 6th seed, but they're not beating anyone.

Why you say that? Rose will be back by the time playoffs start.

fin_frenzy_84
07-23-2012, 05:20 PM
did i say your team wouldnt make the playoffs " bro" ?

Yeah, Noah would've fixed every weak spot in your team haha

Lets also not forget deng was playing with a ****ed up wrist.

MintBerryCrunch
07-23-2012, 05:41 PM
Why you say that? Rose will be back by the time playoffs start.

That doesn't mean he will be 100% , which is the only thing that will enable Chicago to win in the playoffs

MintBerryCrunch
07-23-2012, 05:41 PM
Damn, How did CJ not get the max instead of the Vet Min with those numbers?

Lou Williams Per48 27 PPG.
Tony Parker Per48 27 PPG
Chris Paul Per48 26 PPG

I guess these guys are equals. Great stat to use as a comparison. Different offenses, different roles. CJ had a much higher Usage % over Kirk with a Lower TS%.

Tell me right now that you would rather have Kirk over CJ.

Joker55
07-23-2012, 05:49 PM
Sorry Bulls fans :(

I like Rose a lot, this is terrible for him.

D1JM
07-23-2012, 05:53 PM

i am meh on kirk, but i would take him over cj.

DR_1
07-23-2012, 06:13 PM
So much for the Bulls being a good team again.

:facepalm:

justinnum1
07-23-2012, 06:53 PM

smh

only 3 teams in the east have a chance at the ECF, heat, celtics and bulls(tho bulls chances are slim)

also,
i can see the bulls and knicks meeting in the first round and the knicks losing. That would be crazy lol

HrtHustleNMscle
07-23-2012, 07:01 PM
This is expected, next season is basically a wasted year for us, but another year of some bad contracts being closer to expiring. Maybe we can strike gold twice or David Stern will rig the lottery for us and we can get Jabari Parker and have two hometown kids bring us to the promise land.

fin_frenzy_84
07-23-2012, 07:02 PM
That doesn't mean he will be 100% , which is the only thing that will enable Chicago to win in the playoffs

Doesnt mean he wont be 100 percent.... We can go either way. Just have to wait and see.

fin_frenzy_84
07-23-2012, 07:04 PM

I would rather have Kirk.... I have seen them both play in a Bulls uniform and I can tell you C.J. makes you want to break your T.V. because of how dumb that dude plays.

Gagan136
07-23-2012, 07:07 PM
Damnn... hopefully he comes back better then ever.

JoeDirt05
07-23-2012, 07:07 PM
let the throwing games away begin

mjokc
07-23-2012, 07:12 PM

only 3 teams in the east have a chance at the ECF, heat, celtics and bulls(tho bulls chances are slim)

also,
i can see the bulls and knicks meeting in the first round and the knicks losing. That would be crazy lol

The bulls chance of making the ECF were slim WITH Rose, their chance is non existent without him.

Teeboy1487
07-23-2012, 07:13 PM
I really hate this. Rose is one of my favorite players to watch outside of the Lakers. I feel bad for Bulls fans.

phlp_bj
07-23-2012, 07:13 PM

smh

please tell me 8 teams that are better than the bulls.

mrblisterdundee
07-23-2012, 07:15 PM
The Bulls' management knew how risky an ACL surgery is, so why didn't they replace Rose in the short term with one of the at least four really good point guards available? No; Kirk Hinrich is not a serviceable point guard for any team wanting to be relevant. Why did they just say "Ah; screw it" and slip into second-round playoff mediocrity?

Losoway
07-23-2012, 07:29 PM
I really dont understand why the bulls fans even want the bulls in the playoffs. Just tank for the year (your gonna lose anyway) and get a good lottery pick and come back 2014 stronger then ever

Losoway
07-23-2012, 07:30 PM
the bulls did nothing this off season to improve there depth or even help the team

kirk hinrich isnt better then Cj watson and is injury prone

. smh they are ready to tank

Losoway
07-23-2012, 07:32 PM
please tell me 8 teams that are better than the bulls.

HEAT
CELTICS
PACERS
KNICKS
MAGIC (EVEN with all the chemistry issues they have dwight will carry them until traded)
HAWKS
76ERS
NETS
EVEN THE BUCKS ARE BETTER THEN THE BULLS

Pierzynski4Prez
07-23-2012, 07:35 PM

I'd easily rather have Kirk on this team for the upcoming season over CJ. You act like there is this huge dropoff from CJ to Kirk, but there's not at all.

Kirk can slide over and still play SG once Rose is back. CJ can't. Therefore once Rose is back and playing more, CJ's role is severely diminished, especially in the playoffs, whereas Kirk will still find plenty of time on the court at the 2 guard.

D1JM
07-23-2012, 07:36 PM
HEAT
CELTICS
PACERS
KNICKS
MAGIC (EVEN with all the chemistry issues they have dwight will carry them until traded)
HAWKS
76ERS
NETS

You forgot the bobcats. Bulls suck.

Pierzynski4Prez
07-23-2012, 07:38 PM
the bulls did nothing this off season to improve there depth or even help the team

kirk hinrich isnt better then Cj watson and is injury prone

. smh they are ready to tank

Do you understand what the concept of tanking is? Who has to be on board with it? Tom Thibodeau is the coach, do you think that this team is going to just play to lose? They will still have a top 3 defense in the league. That alone will carry them to the playoffs.

HEAT
CELTICS
PACERS
KNICKS
HAWKS
76ERS
NETS

That's quite funny. So even with Rose back later in the season, do we just go from a 60+ win team to a 35 win team because we lost CJ Watson, who signed elsewhere for the Vet Minimum and Korver?

SportsFanatic10
07-23-2012, 07:42 PM

smh

they are. losing rose hurts but they'll still make the playoffs without him in the east. i'll venture a guess and predict a 45-37 season for them.

heat
celtics
pacers
knicks
bulls
nets
76ers
hawks

its hard to predict the seeds but something like that. it would be funny after all the **** i've seen mostly knick and nets fans talking in here about the bulls if they met in the first round. if rose is back even like 85% i'd take the bulls against either team in the playoffs.

SeoulBeatz
07-23-2012, 07:45 PM
Didn't we already know this? ACL injuries take AT LEAST a year to recover from, and 2 years to get back to normal. And it's never a good idea to come back too early.

Just develop Marquis Teague this season and let Rose fully recover. He will be a shell of himself if he comes back this year.

phlp_bj
07-23-2012, 07:50 PM
HEAT
CELTICS
PACERS
KNICKS
HAWKS
76ERS
NETS

Celtics/Heat/Pacers/Nets/I'll even throw in Knicks. Heck even 76ers. The Bulls are better than the Hawks, who have lost JJ. I highly doubt Smoove can be a number one option, but maybe he can prove me wrong. The Bucks are a joke and I hope you were not serious. The Magic lost Ryan Anderson who played a major role for them last year. And even if Dwight is there, one player doesn't make a team

jp611
07-23-2012, 08:09 PM
This is all speculation... Derrick Rose will be back when he is 100%, if that happens to be in March he'll be back in March, if that happens to be in February he'll be back in February, if he is out for the season, then he's out for the season

Lake_Show2416
07-23-2012, 08:11 PM
another cake walk for the Heat to the finals

Cubby
07-23-2012, 08:12 PM
So I'm assuming nobody realizes that this is just speculation?

Cubby
07-23-2012, 08:15 PM
another cake walk for the Heat to the finals

The Celtics have gotten a lot better this offseason and if Rose comes back earlier than March... it is most certainly not a cake walk. Last year was a lot more of a cake walk.

abe_froman
07-23-2012, 08:21 PM
yeah,this will be a lost season for us.think most people realize that(unless they're banking on hopefulness).so its about what happens in the years after

Cubby
07-23-2012, 08:26 PM
yeah,this will be a lost season for us.think most people realize that(unless they're banking on hopefulness).so its about what happens in the years after

We will see, my friend.

Bulls_fan90
07-23-2012, 08:39 PM
The Celtics have gotten a lot better this offseason and if Rose comes back earlier than March... it is most certainly not a cake walk. Last year was a lot more of a cake walk.

Boston have had an unbelievable offseason. If healthy that will be one hell of a series against Miami.

Cubby
07-23-2012, 08:48 PM
Boston have had an unbelievable offseason. If healthy that will be one hell of a series against Miami.

They essentially replaced Allen with Jet (who is probably better then that he can create), Lee, and a healthy Bradley. Plus they resigned Bass and added key depth in Melo and Sully. That'll go a long way in keeping KG fresh. Plus you still have Rondo and Pierce obviously. I think they got a lot better and they'll certainly give Miami a run for their money. Probably go seven in all honesty and with how much depth Boston currently has, being fresh may lean the odds in their favor.

fin_frenzy_84
07-23-2012, 08:48 PM
HEAT
CELTICS
PACERS
KNICKS
HAWKS
76ERS
NETS

You sir are officially on DoMeFavors status.

Cubby
07-23-2012, 08:50 PM
Losoway is just a troll. No point in responding.

fin_frenzy_84
07-23-2012, 08:52 PM
they are. losing rose hurts but they'll still make the playoffs without him in the east. i'll venture a guess and predict a 45-37 season for them.

heat
celtics
pacers
knicks
bulls
nets
76ers
hawks

its hard to predict the seeds but something like that. it would be funny after all the **** i've seen mostly knick and nets fans talking in here about the bulls if they met in the first round. if rose is back even like 85% i'd take the bulls against either team in the playoffs.

Thank you!!!! Im gaining so much respect for heat fans!

JJ_JKidd
07-23-2012, 09:07 PM
Thats just so sad for Bulls community

Cubby
07-23-2012, 09:28 PM
Thats just so sad for Bulls community

He will be fine. Don't you worry.

MintBerryCrunch
07-23-2012, 09:52 PM

1. Celtics have not gotten " a lot better"
2. Bulls will do nothing with Rose coming off that sort of injury. Like I saw someone else say, he will be a shell of his former self if he comes back this year.

Cubby
07-24-2012, 12:03 AM
2. Bulls will do nothing with Rose coming off that sort of injury. Like I saw someone else say, he will be a shell of his former self if he comes back this year.

1. Yes they have. They've only lost Allen and replaced him with Jet and Lee. How is that not better? Plus they have Sully and Melo to form big man depth. This is the first time this Boston core has had this much depth.

2. You obviously know nothing about modern medical science if you think he won't be the same. It's all mental when he gets back.

TBH, you seem like a troll so I don't know why I am even bothering to respond.

Losoway
07-24-2012, 01:55 AM
bulls fans are in denial . i cant wait till pull this thread up mid way into the season

Cubby
07-24-2012, 01:59 AM
bulls fans are in denial . i cant wait till pull this thread up mid way into the season

I'll forget about this thread in a few days because I have more important things to remember and worry about. Glad to hear that you don't. Have a nice day.

Hawkeye15
07-24-2012, 02:04 AM
Bulls fans may ride Rose like he is their gf, but the fact is, the Bulls, despite their losses this offseason, have depth, and defense. It's the east. You can be at .500 and make the playoffs typically. The Bulls aren't losing 21 extra games with Rose gone 3 months. Not unless other injuries derail Deng, Noah, Boozer, Gibson, etc.

D1JM
07-24-2012, 03:00 AM

we are not in denial. we had a lot of injuries last season and we still managed first place. the only clear cut move that can put us back is not matching for asik, which at first i was not fine with. however, after giving it thought, we shouldnt because that third year is a killer.

barring injuries, we should be back in the playoffs. thibs is just that ****en good

smood999
07-24-2012, 03:05 AM
Bulls fans may ride Rose like he is their gf, but the fact is, the Bulls, despite their losses this offseason, have depth, and defense. It's the east. You can be at .500 and make the playoffs typically. The Bulls aren't losing 21 extra games with Rose gone 3 months. Not unless other injuries derail Deng, Noah, Boozer, Gibson, etc.

Rose played more than half the season last year, so I don't think that's a good judge on how they will be without him for almost a full season if speculation is true...also it being a lockout season should be taken into consideration...some teams were better suited for the 66 game schedule than others, the quality of basketball was not as high as it normally would be and offensive statistics throughout the league were down as a whole..pretty much it was not your typical NBA season..

They lost the depth and defense...Asik, Brewer, Watson, Lucas, Korver all gone...Vlad, Marco, Hinrich, Nazr is def a downgrade and especially on the defensive side of the ball

The Bulls went 18-9 without him but only 7 of those wins came against above .500 opponents...7-6 against teams that finished above .500

With all that said, I don't think they'll be missing the playoffs bad, but they will not be an upper seed in the east...I see them as a 7 or 8

TylerSL
07-24-2012, 03:43 AM
Chicago without Rose is probably the 6th best team in the East.

1.Miami
2.Boston
3.Indiana
4.New York
5.Brooklyn
6.Chicago
7.Philladelphia
8.Atlanta

However, they get Rose back with 2 months left in the season, I could see them moving to the 4 seed. I could see Chicago winning 50 games next year.

TheRunKiller
07-24-2012, 03:50 AM

Yeah **** you for the first sentence but everything else is right

raiderposting
07-24-2012, 04:31 AM

why are nets fans thinking they are the ****? last time i checked they had zero nba championships, and have done nothing for years. you guys should be going into the season humbled and happy you have a decent team, not talking ****, cuz you guys are for sure not going deep in the playoffs.

BlinkManJan02
07-24-2012, 06:23 AM
That's very sad. I feel for Bulls fans..I wish serious injuries like that didn't occur. My former fave Michael Redd went through a very rough patch. I hope Rose can make a full recovery.

naztrack
07-24-2012, 09:27 AM
A spot just opened up for the playoffs

quade36
07-24-2012, 09:27 AM
you sound like a first class troll.

irony is a great word.

Pierzynski4Prez
07-24-2012, 09:53 AM

Oh well if you saw someone else say it on here, I guess we all have to believe it to be true then, right?

Rose played more than half the season last year, so I don't think that's a good judge on how they will be without him for almost a full season if speculation is true...also it being a lockout season should be taken into consideration...some teams were better suited for the 66 game schedule than others, the quality of basketball was not as high as it normally would be and offensive statistics throughout the league were down as a whole..pretty much it was not your typical NBA season..

They lost the depth and defense...Asik, Brewer, Watson, Lucas, Korver all gone...Vlad, Marco, Hinrich, Nazr is def a downgrade and especially on the defensive side of the ball

The Bulls went 18-9 without him but only 7 of those wins came against above .500 opponents...7-6 against teams that finished above .500

With all that said, I don't think they'll be missing the playoffs bad, but they will not be an upper seed in the east...I see them as a 7 or 8

7-6 against +.500 teams, without your best player (who was the MVP the year before) I think is pretty good :shrug:.

A winning record against +.500 teams, 12-3 against sub .500 teams. Outside of the very top teams (MIA, OKC, SA, LA), name me 1 team who could play that well after losing its top guy?

But you do realize that why a lot of those guys we lost were great defenders were because of Thibs and his system. Kirk is an upgrade over CJ defensively, Butler replaces Brewer's D, not hard to replace Korver and Lucas' Defense. Only one is Asik, who is a much better defender over Nazr, who isn't bad at all still and will probably be much better in our system. Bulls will still have a top 2-4 defense which will carry them until Rose is ready.

Losoway
07-24-2012, 10:48 AM
A spot just opened up for the playoffs

lmaooooo

mRc08
07-24-2012, 11:34 AM
yall better pray to the god of skinny punks this doesn't happen to your superstar

todu82
07-24-2012, 11:38 AM
That's to bad. Rose is a talented player, to bad injuries are getting in the way of his being even better.

effen5
07-24-2012, 11:40 AM
Nets has a better shot at missing the playoffs then the Bulls.

Stinkyoutsider
07-24-2012, 12:23 PM
Rose should take his time and sit out the whole season. No reason to rush back just to get hurt again. Get back to 100 and get in shape for next season.

Didn't see this coming. Seems like the Bulls are willing to cut salary instead of picking up the bench mob this year. I think they need to take it further and go ahead and amnesty Boozer before the season starts.

Maybe the Bulls can pull a Spurs and pick up a Tim Duncan like SA did the year Robinson was out?

effen5
07-24-2012, 02:08 PM
Theres no difference if hes a 100 percent in Feb or 100 percent next year, at least if hes a 100 percent this year he can start getting in game shape this year.

THE MTL
07-24-2012, 02:52 PM
This news isnt new. His injury was a little more serious than the typical 8 months recovery. He should just take his time coming back. Chicago (with the recent moves they pulled) arent really looking into winning anything serious next season...so get 100% so you can be the same DRose you always been.

Cubby
07-24-2012, 08:00 PM
This news isnt new. His injury was a little more serious than the typical 8 months recovery. He should just take his time coming back. Chicago (with the recent moves they pulled) arent really looking into winning anything serious next season...so get 100% so you can be the same DRose you always been.

Rose had the typical torn ACL. It wasn't any better or worse and only time will tell how long recovery will take.