PDA

View Full Version : Didn't the Nets have the same exact team last year as they do now?

Scooby-Doo
07-23-2012, 08:06 AM
Without the addition of Joe Johnson, the Nets are an identical team to the one they had last year.

Source: http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/NJN/2012.html

I didn't know that the addition of Joe Johnson was the tipping point of turning the Nets into an elite team. Keep in mind that the Nets didn't even make the playoffs last year with the same team they have now (minus Johnson).

LakersIn5
07-23-2012, 08:13 AM
i agree but one could say that the nets werent healthy last season

king4day
07-23-2012, 08:13 AM
They added Evans and Telotevic (spelling).
Lopez was hurt most of the year so the results should be different.

In the JJ trade they dealt almost every other player they had. So it'll be a pretty different team.

YoungOne
07-23-2012, 08:19 AM
lopez didnt play, wallace just came before the deadline...

p.s. not even a full month on psd and already starting dumb threads without looking up what he is posting... the newest troll on the rise.

WickedBadMan
07-23-2012, 08:21 AM
No.

BklynKnicks3
07-23-2012, 08:26 AM
the nets are a 6 or 7 seed. Lopez is terrible on defense

corneilius21
07-23-2012, 08:28 AM
If I'm not mistaken D-Will missed over 20 games, Brook Lopez was out basically the entire season, and Gerald Wallace wasn't acquired until the trade deadline. Kris Humphries was the only Net that played consistant minutes last year. Add Joe Johnson to that mix and your looking at an entirely different starting 5. Marshon Brooks can now be the scoring 6th man off the bench along with Teletovic, C.J Watson, Reggie Evans, Sheldon Williams, Kieth Bogans and Jerry Stackhouse this is a deeper and much approved team from last season. Hopefully they all stay healthy. With the new arena, city, and revamped roster should be an exciting year for Nets fan. I'll be glued in as D-Will is my favorite non-nugget in the NBA..especially now that he his out of our division.

YoungOne

u are just feared of the nets.

MELO 15
From NY, moved to the ATL, and its been 3 years, and all u ever hear about JJ is that he is not worth his contract, and he will show up occasionaly to play, but for the most part is not the JJ of phoenix, as far as the hawks fans are concerned, and radio sports commentary, they were very happy some one took JJ off there hands, him and his contract is now Brooklyn's problem, so with all that being said, the nets are still the nets, HELLO BROOKLYN!

Nycbball08
07-23-2012, 08:29 AM

One could say that no team was healthy last season..

Joker55
07-23-2012, 08:30 AM
Very different team this year.

corneilius21
07-23-2012, 08:33 AM
I stand corrected D-Will did not miss 20 games but he missed some due to injury and begin the season playing injured.

LongIslandIcedZ
07-23-2012, 08:33 AM
Much different team, different/healthy players, different stadium, and a much different vibe. I think their definitely being overrated by some, but their going to be a good team.

D2theJ
07-23-2012, 08:48 AM

Lol he's not terrible just average, the rest of the starting lineup can play defense and they have a defensive minded coach, I think they're defense will be fine.

MattyAction
07-23-2012, 08:48 AM
I actually don't think Williams Wallace and Lopez played a single game together last year. Completely revamped bench and Joe Johnson added in should look like a very different team next year. The injuries they had last year in terms of games missed was massive. Led to a ton of dleague callups. Health should be a big factor. Staying healthy and this team will have a very different feel if once they all start playing together.

D2theJ
07-23-2012, 08:54 AM
If I'm not mistaken D-Will missed over 20 games, Brook Lopez was out basically the entire season, and Gerald Wallace wasn't acquired until the trade deadline. Kris Humphries was the only Net that played consistant minutes last year. Add Joe Johnson to that mix and your looking at an entirely different starting 5. Marshon Brooks can now be the scoring 6th man off the bench along with Teletovic, C.J Watson, Reggie Evans, Sheldon Williams, Kieth Bogans and Jerry Stackhouse this is a deeper and much approved team from last season. Hopefully they all stay healthy. With the new arena, city, and revamped roster should be an exciting year for Nets fan. I'll be glued in as D-Will is my favorite non-nugget in the NBA..especially now that he his out of our division.

This will be the difference. One they need to stay healthy and if they do they will be a top 5 team. Also people don't realize what it was like in Jersey. I went to 6 games last year and the fans were terrible. They didn't draw a lot of fans and the ones that were there were not energetic at all. The best crowd I saw was when they played the Clippers and half the people there were cheering for Blake Griffin and not the Nets. In Brooklyn they will actually have fans who cheer them on and energize the team. The Nets had no home court advantage in Jersey.

1_team_1_dream
07-23-2012, 08:55 AM
joe j had harford and josh smith with him and never made out out of the 1st round maybe once so I just do not believe that D will will make a much of a difference + jj shokes in the playoffs with that contract + injury prone lopez . Am just saying 6 or 7 seed 1st round exit at best .

naps
07-23-2012, 08:58 AM
No. Nets are a very different team. You must not have watched the Nets last year.

Says the Amare and Melo fan...LMFAO!

Joker55
07-23-2012, 09:02 AM
Cant wait for the Nets and Knicks rivalry to take off

NYY 26 to 7
07-23-2012, 09:07 AM
Yes its barely a better team everyone talked up the nets because everyone thought Howard would be there. So I don't understand the uproar over the nets because the big dream didn't come true. For nets fans though they should be thrilled because it is a solid roster and it could have been a killer offseason for the franchise if they lost dwill. So lots to be positive about but without Howard I'm not sure why people expect some dominant top team.

Joker55
07-23-2012, 09:14 AM
Yes its barely a better team everyone talked up the nets because everyone thought Howard would be there. So I don't understand the uproar over the nets because the big dream didn't come true. For nets fans though they should be thrilled because it is a solid roster and it could have been a killer offseason for the franchise if they lost dwill. So lots to be positive about but without Howard I'm not sure why people expect some dominant top team.

Other than, you know, getting everyone healthy, adding JJ and giving them time to work with each other and improving the bench.

king4day
07-23-2012, 09:23 AM
I haven't heard a single expert consider BKN elite. If they had gotten Howard then they would have been. But they have one of the best starting lineups in the game today on paper. Should be a 5-6 seed if healthy.

mosesedan
07-23-2012, 09:31 AM
joe j had harford and josh smith with him and never made out out of the 1st round maybe once so I just do not believe that D will will make a much of a difference + jj shokes in the playoffs with that contract + injury prone lopez . Am just saying 6 or 7 seed 1st round exit at best .

why is everyone comparing the nets to the hawks just because they got joe johnson, hawks never had a guy like deron to lead them. hopefully deron will take some pressure off johnson in the playoffs

JonnyBrav000
07-23-2012, 09:36 AM

p.s. not even a full month on psd and already starting dumb threads without looking up what he is posting... the newest troll on the rise.

You need to relax. You seem to have some troll like tendencies yourself. That's for damn sure. Let the guy write what he wants. He's not baiting, he is just asking questions and starting a debate. No need to bash him like a senseless kid. If you have a different opinion then go ahead, but I personally don't think his thread is stupid. Even though I do think the Nets are a better team this year over last if the team is healthy and if Lopez can make improvements rebounding and on defense and if Joe Johnson and Gerald Wallace don't decline athletically, both are over 30 and Wallace relies heavily on his physical presence to be effective. But their bench is also very thin. And they have performed badly in the past, I think they are a 5-8 seeded team (depends on health), with 4 being the max they could get if everything goes right. But I still think it's a valid question because people have been acting like they are on the cusp of being elite. So man up and stop being such a baby.

1_team_1_dream
07-23-2012, 09:38 AM
why is everyone comparing the nets to the hawks just because they got joe johnson, hawks never had a guy like deron to lead them. hopefully deron will take some pressure off johnson in the playoffs

u think he does what josh smith and al horford can not do in terms of pressure?
nets will be a jump shooting team .

JerseyPalahniuk
07-23-2012, 09:43 AM
I actually don't think Williams Wallace and Lopez played a single game together last year. Completely revamped bench and Joe Johnson added in should look like a very different team next year. The injuries they had last year in terms of games missed was massive. Led to a ton of dleague callups. Health should be a big factor. Staying healthy and this team will have a very different feel if once they all start playing together.

This. Gerald played 16 games. Brook played 5 games. Those 3 never played a game together and (obviously) Hump, Brook, Deron, Joe never played a single game together. Right now they are a solid 4-6 seed. I would say 5 until I see chemistry on the court.

Ill21
07-23-2012, 09:49 AM
Jeez man your threads are about as good as your dating life.

king4day
07-23-2012, 09:51 AM

While not elite, Lopez is still a post presence. They have slashers as well which means they won't be forced to jump shoot all the time.
They also have Wallace and Humphries to help clean up the glass.

The balance on this team offensively, defensively, and rebounding is actually pretty damn impressive.

Muttman73
07-23-2012, 10:13 AM
The Nets will be better

Robbw241
07-23-2012, 10:16 AM
Stick to solving crimes Scooby.

Joker55
07-23-2012, 10:18 AM
While not elite, Lopez is still a post presence. They have slashers as well which means they won't be forced to jump shoot all the time.
They also have Wallace and Humphries to help clean up the glass.

The balance on this team offensively, defensively, and rebounding is actually pretty damn impressive.

Great post, I agree.

BklynKnicks3
07-23-2012, 10:31 AM
No. Nets are a very different team. You must not have watched the Nets last year.

Says the Amare and Melo fan...LMFAO!

not a fan of amare just support him cause he a knick i know his d horrible but he has the dpoy next to him and melos defense is just fine he plays the best d in the nba on Lebron. Lebron avg the least against the knicks with melo on him then any other playoff series.

thenaj17
07-23-2012, 10:32 AM
Too many people saying Nets are elite and now too many people saying they will be 7/8 seed. I think people are underestimating how good Deron Williams really is. Just because Joe Johnson's contract is stupidly huge, doesn't mean he's not a very good player. He's never had anyone better than him at handling the ball (Crawford borderline) and this should help take pressure off him. Lopez is a quality scoring big and has some nice post moves (Better than Horford or Josh Smith for those who made those comparisons). Their 4th best player is Gerald Wallace. Only Lakers and maybe Celtics (hate to admit it) have a better 4th option.

Pistol_Pete
07-23-2012, 10:33 AM
The 2012-13 Nets will have DWill/Lopez/JJ/Wallace on the floor all season, while they had that lineup on the floor 0 times last season. Take JJ out and I still they they had that lineup 0 times last season. Like other mentioned, Wallace came near the end of the season, and Lopez didn't even play double digits in games.

I understand the point trying to be made, but it's not valid. If the team didn't play together, it's not the same team.

BigBlueCrew
07-23-2012, 10:43 AM
yes, but dont tell them that.

Joker55
07-23-2012, 10:47 AM
Good joke

asandhu23
07-23-2012, 10:53 AM
u are just feared of the nets.

nice english, bro.

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-23-2012, 11:01 AM
If you think the Nets aren't a different team then last year, you have no right talking basketball. Complete ignorance.

strahan92osi72
07-23-2012, 11:09 AM
45 wins tops, nothing better. I honestly don't get the hype either.

Weezy
07-23-2012, 11:15 AM
Well they should def make the playoffs!

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-23-2012, 11:19 AM
You need to relax. You seem to have some troll like tendencies yourself. That's for damn sure. Let the guy write what he wants. He's not baiting, he is just asking questions and starting a debate. No need to bash him like a senseless kid. If you have a different opinion then go ahead, but I personally don't think his thread is stupid. Even though I do think the Nets are a better team this year over last if the team is healthy and if Lopez can make improvements rebounding and on defense and if Joe Johnson and Gerald Wallace don't decline athletically, both are over 30 and Wallace relies heavily on his physical presence to be effective. But their bench is also very thin. And they have performed badly in the past, I think they are a 5-8 seeded team (depends on health), with 4 being the max they could get if everything goes right. But I still think it's a valid question because people have been acting like they are on the cusp of being elite. So man up and stop being such a baby.

The thread title is rhetorical to say the least, and the OP is clearly making a statement not asking a question so "innocently" as you perceive.

Not sure what you're freaking out about

IKnowtrust
07-23-2012, 11:20 AM
Diffrent Attitude...BROOKLYN!!!

Mr.ATLHawks
07-23-2012, 11:28 AM

Take the pressure off Joe Johnson? Josh Smith, Horford and Teague have all had outstanding playoff series the last few years while Joe Johnson is nowhere to be found. He is too ball dependent and his game is too limited for him to be that player anymore. 25 million plus for 18 ppg.. MAYBE you will have better success with him but I wouldnt get too excited.

oak2455
07-23-2012, 11:32 AM

But who was healthy last year on pretty much all teams

oak2455
07-23-2012, 11:35 AM
But if healthy they can be a better team.... I would agree around 500 mark but stranger things have happened :)

Metsboi69
07-23-2012, 11:36 AM

They had the most changes to a starting lineup... Like ever. There most consistent starting five was.

Dwill
Brooks
Stevenson
Hump
Shelden Williams

Now

Dwill
Johnson
Wallace
Hump
Lopez

With a bench consisting of Brooks, Watson, Teletovic, AK47?, and maybe Darko. Thats quite a ****ing difference.

Metsboi69
07-23-2012, 11:38 AM
But if healthy they can be a better team.... I would agree around 500 mark but stranger things have happened :)

Maybe if there lucky a .500 team really? :facepalm:

Yanks All Day
07-23-2012, 11:52 AM
Deron Williams
Joe Johnson
Gerald Wallace
Kris Humphries
Brook Lopez

That's a 3/4 seed worthy starting 5 right there if everyone is healthy, especially when you can bring Marshon Brooks and Reggie Evans off the bench. Chicago won't be the same without Rose, so I expect New York, Brooklyn, and Boston to battle it out behind Miami for the 2/3/4 spots. Indiana is definitely a wild card. I just find it incredible how underrated some players are on the Nets because of things that happen OFF the court. Kris Humphries is a double-double machine who is overshadowed by the Kardashian scandal. Joe Johnson is a very good shooting guard who is overshadowed by a contract that no one in their right mind would turn down if offered. That 5 is good enough to play with just about any 5 in basketball. Lopez is the wild card here, because he needs to stay healthy.

eaglesfanphilly
07-23-2012, 11:55 AM
probably being homer but i see the sixers finishing second in atlantic division behind only the celtics, toss up between knicks and nets for third but all four make playoffs

Evolution23
07-23-2012, 11:58 AM
probably being homer but i see the sixers finishing second in atlantic division behind only the celtics, toss up between knicks and nets for third but all four make playoffs

Yeah you are being a homer. Now stop doing that.

eaglesfanphilly
07-23-2012, 12:02 PM

we made the playoffs last year and we will without a doubt have a better defense than the knicks and nets until proven otherwise, games arent won on paper

JesusNYY_Savior
07-23-2012, 12:08 PM
Deron Williams
Joe Johnson
Gerald Wallace
Kris Humphries
Brook Lopez

That's a 3/4 seed worthy starting 5 right there if everyone is healthy, especially when you can bring Marshon Brooks and Reggie Evans off the bench. Chicago won't be the same without Rose, so I expect New York, Brooklyn, and Boston to battle it out behind Miami for the 2/3/4 spots. Indiana is definitely a wild card. I just find it incredible how underrated some players are on the Nets because of things that happen OFF the court. Kris Humphries is a double-double machine who is overshadowed by the Kardashian scandal. Joe Johnson is a very good shooting guard who is overshadowed by a contract that no one in their right mind would turn down if offered. That 5 is good enough to play with just about any 5 in basketball. Lopez is the wild card here, because he needs to stay healthy. why do people act like Reggie Evans is a superstar? I liked his rebounding ability but he is a one dimensional player and is by no means a key to the nets success. If he were so great would the clippers have traded him for a second round pick?

justinnum1
07-23-2012, 12:09 PM

You thought the knicks would beat the heat in 5 and lin is a top 5 pg is calling and your calling someone a homer? lmao!

Kashmir13579
07-23-2012, 12:11 PM
They will be fun to watch.

oak2455
07-23-2012, 12:14 PM
It's not an official thread unless Justin is here !!!!!

LongIslandIcedZ
07-23-2012, 12:15 PM
Not sure what you're getting at. I never defended them, they're lepers when it comes to other Nets fans.

If youre trying to say Nets fans aren't intelligent because of those two I think that's extremely idiotic. Most Knick fans on here are extremely bias and narrow minded, besides those two Nets posters the rest of us actually know the sport of basketball.

Like 5 posts up you said "He's a Knicks fan. Do you truly expect any intelligence"?

How is that any different than what you just is extremely idiotic?

Hawkeye15
07-23-2012, 12:23 PM
Lopez barely played, they acquired Wallace with less then 30 games to go in the season, they got that dude from overseas, Telotevic or whatever, and JJ is brand new. If they are healthy, they are a much different team actually. I don't think they are contending, but they can easily fight for the 4-5 seed.

DoMeFavors
07-23-2012, 12:28 PM
Lopez and Deron have only played 17 total games together in the last 2 seasons, Wallace has only played in 16, and Nets added Joe Johnson who isnt some bum.

JayAllDay
07-23-2012, 12:36 PM
Same starters + Joe Johnson + revolving door of scrubs = 2012 Nets

Don't even try.
Jay-Z will be playing weekly halftime shows.

D2theJ
07-23-2012, 12:41 PM
I don't get how anyone thinks this team is a borderline playoff team. Thats just idiotic to me and you don't even understand basketball if you think that. Last years 5 and 6 seeds were Atlanta and Orlando and they will both be worse this season, so I think the Nets can easily jump up to 5th if not 4th. I'm not gonna sit here and be a biased Net fan and say they're a championship team, but they are definitely better than last year by far and only people who didn't watch their games would say otherwise. And while I don't think they can beat the Heat or Celtics anything can happen in the playoffs especially when you're up around that 4 seed you can slip into the conference finals.

KniCks4LiFe
07-23-2012, 12:42 PM
Without the addition of Joe Johnson, the Nets are an identical team to the one they had last year.

Source: http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/NJN/2012.html

I didn't know that the addition of Joe Johnson was the tipping point of turning the Nets into an elite team. Keep in mind that the Nets didn't even make the playoffs last year with the same team they have now (minus Johnson).

he's just overpaid. But yeh, he tips them b/c last yr. Anthony Morrow and Brooks were unproven and inconsistant. From 10' - 12' Joe Johnson was #73 and #30 in WS% that was a top 10 SG in 10'/11' and top 3 SG in 11'/12' get this, in WS% he was better than Kobe Bryant. And top 3 in PER for a SG. TS% he ranked top 10 in his position. Defense WS top 15. So he's definitely a big player that can change a losing culture w/ Deron Williams, (hell even my Knicks wanted him but they didn't like that contract). #9 in Offensive WS, Kobe was #10. That's incredible to me, b/c lets be honest, Jeff Teague sucks as a PG on offense. Teague is a very underrated defender, but as a PG? lets just say expect a very very scary Joe Johnson this coming season.

sep11ie
07-23-2012, 12:44 PM
Great invesrigating Scooby Doo. You get a scooby snack for this thread!

Vending Machine
07-23-2012, 01:00 PM
I like the potential rivalry between the Knicks and the Nets. Potential 4-5 seeds in the playoffs.

Evolution23
07-23-2012, 01:02 PM
You thought the knicks would beat the heat in 5 and lin is a top 5 pg is calling and your calling someone a homer? lmao!

Calm down, it was a joke. I do it because you get mad and it makes me laugh.

KniCks4LiFe
07-23-2012, 01:03 PM
Here's the only thing, which Brook Lopez shows up? b/c he is a better shooter than he has shown, and now paired up w/ Deron Williams, which Deron must be giddy to have a big like that after being exiled from UTH. Which Lopez shows up. Is it the one that grows complacent and stays mediocore shooting, or is it the one that is a top 5 scoring big in the game. That can absolutely make Brooklyn a top 3-5 seed team in the east.

Hawkeye15
07-23-2012, 01:05 PM
Here's the only thing, which Brook Lopez shows up? b/c he is a better shooter than he has shown, and now paired up w/ Deron Williams, which Deron must be giddy to have a big like that after being exiled from UTH. Which Lopez shows up. Is it the one that grows complacent and stays mediocore shooting, or is it the one that is a top 5 scoring big in the game. That can absolutely make Brooklyn a top 3-5 seed team in the east.

I think Nets fans are hoping the Lopez that shows up isn't the one recovering from mono, or the one that went down at the beginning of last season.

If Lopez stays healthy, and is used on the damn block instead of at the top of the key, he should have a breakout season. He will be allowed some freedom, because you don't want to leave JJ and Deron open outside, and a Humphries/Evans PF next to him will stay out of his way and clean up misses.

Evolution23
07-23-2012, 01:10 PM
we made the playoffs last year and we will without a doubt have a better defense than the knicks and nets until proven otherwise, games arent won on paper

I think the 76ers do have a slightly better defense but they also just lost Lou Williams who was their best bench player. I like Nick Young, but is that bench really enough to be the 2nd team in the Atlantic? Knicks bench includes Kidd/Pablo, JR, Novak, White, Camby. That's a well balanced rotation that can go 10-11 deep.

KniCks4LiFe
07-23-2012, 01:13 PM
I think Nets fans are hoping the Lopez that shows up isn't the one recovering from mono, or the one that went down at the beginning of last season.

If Lopez stays healthy, and is used on the damn block instead of at the top of the key, he should have a breakout season. He will be allowed some freedom, because you don't want to leave JJ and Deron open outside, and a Humphries/Evans PF next to him will stay out of his way and clean up misses.

if it's mono shooting Lopez. That guy was a 49% complacent shooter. His offense just remembering what I saw and reading his stats, he was a volume shooter, mediocore on D, poor on the boards.

They never used him on the block b/c opponents kept on double teaming him. Brook just wasn't ready for that, so they set him up from the key and elbow. I doubt teams will double him now especially if he starts kicking it out and oh there's Wallace, oh there's Williams, oh there's Joe. One on one coverage for Lopez, advantage Lopez.

JoeyBoy718
07-23-2012, 01:16 PM
I think you can make a legitimate case for them being anywhere from the 2-6 seed in the East; 2-5 if the Bulls are way out of contention by the time Rose comes back. But there is considerable difference between Miami and the 2 seed.

Hawkeye15
07-23-2012, 01:18 PM
if it's mono shooting Lopez. That guy was a 49% complacent shooter. His offense just remembering what I saw and reading his stats, he was a volume shooter, mediocore on D, poor on the boards.

They never used him on the block b/c opponents kept on double teaming him. Brook just wasn't ready for that, so they set him up from the key and elbow. I doubt teams will double him now especially if he starts kicking it out and oh there's Wallace, oh there's Williams, oh there's Joe. One on one coverage for Lopez, advantage Lopez.

They used him up top because that was what Avery wanted to do for some stupid reason. Lopez will not be seeing the double teams as often anymore, well, not committed double teams. He should get a lot more looks at the rim, and his rebounding sank when he moved outside more. I would expect him back around 8 rpg, which is still a bit weak, but that is why they signed Humphries and got Evans.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-23-2012, 01:18 PM
I don't even think Lopez, Wallace and Deron played 1 game together last year.

juggla53
07-23-2012, 01:21 PM
the JJ signing doesnt make them elite, but they are definatley a better team when you consider brook lopez was hurt the entire year and gerald wallace was aquired mid season

JoeyBoy718
07-23-2012, 01:26 PM
There are only 2 elite teams: Heat and Thunder. The Lakers can enter that category if they can get Dwight. Nets are a 2nd-3rd tier team behind the Spurs and Celtics, but that might change since those teams are getting old (enough though we've been saying that for 5 years now).

KaganRS
07-23-2012, 01:31 PM

If the Hawks pick a pg instead of Marvin Williams in that draft they would've been the team to beat for years!

heyman321
07-23-2012, 01:32 PM
And I would've gotten away with it if it wasn't for those meddling kids. ARGH!!!

KniCks4LiFe
07-23-2012, 01:32 PM
They used him up top because that was what Avery wanted to do for some stupid reason. Lopez will not be seeing the double teams as often anymore, well, not committed double teams. He should get a lot more looks at the rim, and his rebounding sank when he moved outside more. I would expect him back around 8 rpg, which is still a bit weak, but that is why they signed Humphries and got Evans.

you know what, that's a real good point. I mean on the rebounding, that makes no sense, why would Avery put him in a Rik Smits role and expect him to get 10 RPG? that just makes no damn sense especially w/ bigs boxing out and Lopez not really the most gifted in speed on the court.

chrislu31
07-23-2012, 01:35 PM
very different roster, no jordan farmar, gerald green, johan petro, damian james, anthony morrow, deshawn stevenson, or sheldon williams, just to name a few, complete turn over

RLundi
07-23-2012, 01:36 PM
There are only 2 elite teams: Heat and Thunder. The Lakers can enter that category if they can get Dwight. Nets are a 2nd-3rd tier team behind the Spurs and Celtics, but that might change since those teams are getting old (enough though we've been saying that for 5 years now).

Nets are in the same boat as the Mavs, Knicks, etc- not contenders but solid 4-6 seeds. In the East, Miami, Boston and Indiana are all for a certainty better, and Nets, Knicks and Bulls occupy seeds 4-6 in some order.

KniCks4LiFe
07-23-2012, 01:40 PM
I do wish they kept Gerald Green. Everyone else, the Nets upgraded.

Farmer replaced by Watson, Damian James replaced by Wallace, Morrow replaced by Joe Johnson, Sheldon Williams replaced by Reggie Evans, DeShawn replaced by Brooks, they have this new PF Tel (I ain't spelling that name but he's a damn good scorer) and there's rumors AK47 is landing soon. Big time roster turnover. With pieces that fit.

Bravo95
07-23-2012, 01:42 PM
joe j had harford and josh smith with him and never made out out of the 1st round
What? Until this season, Atlanta won their opening series every year since 2009. And Smith and Horford were probably the biggest reasons they advanced those years.

You have the Hawks confused with another team that can't get out of the first round.

KniCks4LiFe
07-23-2012, 01:50 PM
They never had a PG and took Boston to 7 games.

Bravo95
07-23-2012, 01:51 PM
Take the pressure off Joe Johnson? Josh Smith, Horford and Teague have all had outstanding playoff series the last few years while Joe Johnson is nowhere to be found.
Tell these fools.

I'm pretty objective about the team, but Joe was rarely 1 of the 5 best players on the court during our playoff games.

He was sucking the life out of the franchise, in a city that would kill to have a player they can rally around.

NJDrew2
07-23-2012, 02:04 PM
I'm a Nets fan, so I'm obviously biased, but here's two general impressions it seems non-Net fans have of the team on these boards. (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

"The Hawks traded away Joe Johnson for nothing. They won't make the playoffs this year."
"Brook Lopez is going to get injured again this year."

If the Nets traded nothing and got Joe Johnson, wouldn't that help them as much as it hurts the Hawks?

Why do people assume Lopez will get injured when he never missed a game his first three years in the league? Have you guys seens the x-rays or something? Any idea what's going on in his rehab?

KniCks4LiFe
07-23-2012, 02:08 PM
wow.... Joe Johnson was sucking the life out of the Hawks in the playoffs? you mean Jeff Teague being one of the worst PGs didn't do that? you mean Josh Smith taking ill advised outside shots instead of driving to the hoop wasn't sucking the life out of you? **** Joe Johnson was even the top assist man on the Hawks. His performances for them was what kept them in vs a team the likes of Boston. Which btw Paul Pierce still got away w/ an obvious foul on Joe. Wow... Joe Johnson is why ATL couldn't win.

Bravo95
07-23-2012, 02:11 PM
They never had a PG and took Boston to 7 games.
Teague did just fine in his first year as a starter. Boston is a tough matchup for any team, but Atlanta won their first round series 3 straight years, mainly thanks to Josh and Al.

Losoway
07-23-2012, 02:13 PM
the nets wasnt healthy .

brook lopez was balling when he was

KniCks4LiFe
07-23-2012, 02:19 PM
Teague did just fine in his first year as a starter. Boston is a tough matchup for any team, but Atlanta won their first round series 3 straight years, mainly thanks to Josh and Al.

Jeff Teague is a top defensive minded PG. He stinks as an offensive PG, he's lucky Toney Douglas is worse than him, b/c I would say not much seperates the 2 in the floor general aspect. Atlanta won b/c of Al Horford and Joe Johnson, Smith is a damn good F but his IQ is highly questionable, and partly why w/ Teague why ATL couldn't get over the hump. Losing Jamal Crawford hurt ATL b/c instead of Teague passing for 2 iso options, he only had one real good one. And Teague wasn't as skilled to get Joe the ball going to the rim, or Smith, or Horford or Crawford. Although Jamal did like to camp out.

Bravo95
07-23-2012, 02:21 PM
wow.... Joe Johnson was sucking the life out of the Hawks in the playoffs? you mean Jeff Teague being one of the worst PGs didn't do that? you mean Josh Smith taking ill advised outside shots instead of driving to the hoop wasn't sucking the life out of you? **** Joe Johnson was even the top assist man on the Hawks. His performances for them was what kept them in vs a team the likes of Boston. Which btw Paul Pierce still got away w/ an obvious foul on Joe. Wow... Joe Johnson is why ATL couldn't win.
The Hawks won with defense and depth this past season, and Josh led the way. Look up the advanced rankings. Teague was in his first year starting and isn't a natural facilitator but he still held his own when he had to score, again look at the advanced numbers. Joe dominates the ball so the only guard who ever shined next to him on Atlanta was Jamal Crawford but he never passed either. You're talking like someone who based everything he knows about the team by what you saw in that playoff series, which is silly. Boston has been a bad matchup for most teams, and basic stats like assist totals lie about a lot of players.

KniCks4LiFe
07-23-2012, 02:24 PM
The Hawks won with defense and depth this past season, and Josh led the way. Look up the advanced rankings. Teague was in his first year and isn't a natural facilitator but he still held his own when he had to score, again look at the advanced numbers. Joe dominates the ball so the only guard who ever shined next to him on Atlanta was Jamal Crawford but he never passed either. You're talking like someone who based everything he knows about the team by what you saw in that playoff series, which is silly. Boston has been a bad matchup for most teams, and basic stats like assist totals lie about a lot of players.

Did I say Teague wasn't a gifted defender? He a top defender in his position. Joe had to dominate the ball, Teague was a bad playmaker. They lost Crawford and Joe had to go iso nearly the whole season. You take away Joe Johnson you don't even take one game from Boston.

Bravo95
07-23-2012, 02:34 PM
Jeff Teague is a top defensive minded PG. He stinks as an offensive PG, he's lucky Toney Douglas is worse than him, b/c I would say not much seperates the 2 in the floor general aspect. Atlanta won b/c of Al Horford and Joe Johnson, Smith is a damn good F but his IQ is highly questionable, and partly why w/ Teague why ATL couldn't get over the hump.
Teague showed some promise this season just like when he came on the scene in the 2nd rd series against the Bulls two years ago. The problem was neither he or Joe actually tried to play off the ball enough, so the offense never came together like it should have. It was redundant, you need one guard to check his ego and do the hard work (like Ray Allen) and let the other guy play the conductor (like Rondo). The Hawks never got over the hump because teams like Boston knew how to exploit those weaknesses and while Atlanta could still play great playoff defense, they didn't have a player who could take over for an entire series. Joe, Josh and Al are good #3 options on a championship level team.

Bravo95
07-23-2012, 02:41 PM
Did I say Teague wasn't a gifted defender? He a top defender in his position. Joe had to dominate the ball, Teague was a bad playmaker. They lost Crawford and Joe had to go iso nearly the whole season. You take away Joe Johnson you don't even take one game from Boston.
Again, that's Teague's first year starting and he and Joe never developed any kind of chemistry because Joe dominates the ball. Joe always did that, even when Bibby was here. It's obvious Teague didn't have anyone showing him how to be a facilitator or play off the ball, and that includes Joe and coach Drew... so Teague just played his game, and he played well when he got his few chances. Joe is a skilled player but not always a great decision maker. He should have been playing off the ball from the day Bibby arrived 5 years ago, but he didn't do that and also didn't want to be a dominant scorer either. Joe just wanted the bball and sloooowwwwed things doooowwwwn, his bad habits spread to other players. That's why the Hawks were always so boring on offense. Their defense is why the games vs Boston were close, and like I said, that's how they went 40-26 last season, but Boston is a tough matchup for anyone.

KniCks4LiFe
07-23-2012, 02:42 PM
That's weird to me, b/c every other analyst has Joe Johnson as the best off the ball SG in the game, but Teague never used it to his advantage. Never did. homie I think your team needs a PG, just my take.

Kobe2324
07-23-2012, 02:45 PM
Close to the same team just a lot less cap lol but all joking aside, they are improved and with a full training camp look like at least a playoff team but not elite by any means.

Gritz
07-23-2012, 02:48 PM
Nope, they moved cities

smith&wesson
07-23-2012, 02:54 PM
d.will, g.wallace, j.johnson,b.lopez,humphries, okur, morrow, farmar, stevenson, m.brooks,

not bad at all when healthy

Bravo95
07-23-2012, 02:57 PM
That's weird to me, b/c every other analyst has Joe Johnson as the best off the ball SG in the game, but Teague never used it to his advantage. Never did. homie I think your team needs a PG, just my take.
A lot of teams could use an elite PG like Deron or whomever, that's obvious. What I'm telling you is, for someone who dominates the ball like Joe did, would you put him on a level of a Kobe or Wade as a high usage scorer? Of course not. He wasn't going to get you 30+ on a given night, nor was he goin to dish 10+ assists a night, so it's difficult for a lot of guards to function with him on the floor and I can't blame Teague or Bibby or Jamal for handling it the way they did.

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-23-2012, 03:21 PM
d.will, g.wallace, j.johnson,b.lopez,humphries, okur, morrow, farmar, stevenson, m.brooks,

not bad at all when healthy

:confused:

Okur, Morrow, Farmar, and Stevenson are not on the team....?

More like CJ Watson, Teletovic, Reggie Evans, Bogans, Tyshawn Taylor, Stackhouse, Tornike Shengelia and we're still looking to add a SF and Center. Plus Brooks of course who you named.

CELTICS4LYFE
07-23-2012, 03:27 PM
I think Joe Johnson is soft, he doesnt have that killer instinct. That's just what Ive picked up from watching him vs the C's in the playoffs the past few years.

KniCks4LiFe
07-23-2012, 03:30 PM
A lot of teams could use an elite PG like Deron or whomever, that's obvious. What I'm telling you is, for someone who dominates the ball like Joe did, would you put him on a level of a Kobe or Wade as a high usage scorer? Of course not. He wasn't going to get you 30+ on a given night, nor was he goin to dish 10+ assists a night, so it's difficult for a lot of guards to function with him on the floor and I can't blame Teague or Bibby or Jamal for handling it the way they did.

USG%
Kobe was #1
Joe was #17
Wade was #3

ORtg
Joe's was #27
Kobe was #53
Wade was #13

FG%
Joe was #24
Kobe was #49
Wade was #4

eFG%
Joe was #20
Kobe was #82
Wade was #34

TS%
Joe was #23
Kobe was #54
Wade was #20

PER
Joe was #17
Kobe was #7
Wade was #2

Joe w/ no PG is right there. IDK homie, imo it sounds like you just don't like him. And I don't understand other than the contract how Joe hurt you, but Jeff Teague and Josh Smith didn't?

Losoway
07-23-2012, 03:59 PM
nets are def a threat this year . with a full training camp and everyone being healthy

#niceeee

Blazers#1Fan
07-23-2012, 04:21 PM
From NY, moved to the ATL, and its been 3 years, and all u ever hear about JJ is that he is not worth his contract, and he will show up occasionaly to play, but for the most part is not the JJ of phoenix, as far as the hawks fans are concerned, and radio sports commentary, they were very happy some one took JJ off there hands, him and his contract is now Brooklyn's problem, so with all that being said, the nets are still the nets, HELLO BROOKLYN!

In atlanta he also didnt have a point guard as good as Nash and DWill

Blazers#1Fan
07-23-2012, 04:25 PM
:confused:

Okur, Morrow, Farmar, and Stevenson are not on the team....?

More like CJ Watson, Teletovic, Reggie Evans, Bogans, Tyshawn Taylor, Stackhouse, Tornike Shengelia and we're still looking to add a SF and Center. Plus Brooks of course who you named.

I think afew will be even though the 4 names named suck either way

Bravo95
07-23-2012, 04:30 PM
USG%
Kobe was #1
Joe was #17
Wade was #3

ORtg
Joe's was #27
Kobe was #53
Wade was #13

FG%
Joe was #24
Kobe was #49
Wade was #4

eFG%
Joe was #20
Kobe was #82
Wade was #34

TS%
Joe was #23
Kobe was #54
Wade was #20

PER
Joe was #17
Kobe was #7
Wade was #2

Joe w/ no PG is right there. IDK homie, imo it sounds like you just don't like him. And I don't understand other than the contract how Joe hurt you, but Jeff Teague and Josh Smith didn't?
The Celtics fan posting above you spelled it out, and I'd say the same thing if he was only making, say, 15M per year, but you also can't ignore the contract because that prevented them from getting a great PG. You keep bringing up Teague but he was solid for the most part on offense and great on defense in his first year starting. You're preaching to the choir about Josh's jumpers also, but again, their team defense was why they prospered, and Josh led the way on that end. The Hawks had finishers and needed a facilitator, but Joe didn't become that and his contract prevented them from getting one. He is skilled but wasn't a true #1 option and still he pounded the ball like one (the ISO-Joe meme) and got paid like one. And no one was afraid of him taking over. He's like your boy Allan Houston if that -- it's best analogy I can give you. I don't hate him at all, I give him props for his talent -- just telling you how it was here.

JerseysFinest
07-23-2012, 04:31 PM
No they don't.

They managed to improve their bench by adding guys like C.J. Watson, Tyshawn Taylor, Reggie Evans, and Mirza Teletovic, and could potentially bring in Andrei Kirilenko and an additional back-up big man. One of the biggest factors for them is having a healthy Lopez, who dramatically changes the team as there is actually a presence down low unlike last year when he was injured. Adding Joe Johnson gives them another player who can create and provide leadership for the younger players such as MarShon Brooks. This in turn helps take the load of Deron, who if you saw last year, struggled because it was his responsibility to score in addition to get everyone into to flow of the offense. With two other legitimate scoring weapons in the starting line-up in Johnson and Lopez, Deron will probably look like the player he was before the trade.

And let's not forget, the Nets led the league in injuries last season. Health plays a huge role as well.

Oldmantrash
07-23-2012, 04:32 PM
A big wild card for the Nets is Teletovic.

If he's any good, that can really put them in a battle for the 2nd seed.

JerseysFinest
07-23-2012, 04:35 PM

This argument is laughable. Joe Johnson was expected to be the leader of that team, he isn't built to be like that. He'll thrive next to someone who is actually experienced at leading their team in Deron Williams.

Rockice_8
07-23-2012, 04:45 PM

Except for the fact that they have a very talented post player who needs to be doubled but lets just ignore that fact.

The Nets certainly aren't on Miami's level but I think they can be in that second tier of teams with the BOS, NYK, IND type teams. There is no way to tell how good this team is yet until we see them play together.

BradHolt4CYoung
07-23-2012, 04:47 PM
I cant stand Knicks fans. Why do they have it out for the Nets, why must they keep making threads bashing the Nets?

The Nets did not play a single game last season where all of Dwill, Wallace, Lopez, Hump were on the floor. So 1 they are getting healthy...also added a top 3-4 SG, also best player in Europe in Teletovic...possibly getting Kirelinko

BradHolt4CYoung
07-23-2012, 04:54 PM
Seriously if you read this entire thread the only posters saying the Nets are basically the same team as last year are Knicks fans. It's so funny.

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-23-2012, 05:03 PM
Seriously if you read this entire thread the only posters saying the Nets are basically the same team as last year are Knicks fans. It's so funny.

It's called fear my friend.

BradHolt4CYoung
07-23-2012, 05:05 PM
It's called fear my friend.

I know thats obvious, it's just getting really annoying.

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-23-2012, 05:08 PM
I know thats obvious, it's just getting really annoying.

Their bashing just makes the wins against them sweeter. Knicks fans are big talkers for no reason, they will always be, until of course they convert to Net fandom.

blastmasta26
07-23-2012, 06:30 PM
lol dumb thread.

StarvingKnick22
07-23-2012, 08:48 PM
its funny cause its true. lol

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-23-2012, 09:11 PM

:facepalm:

Surprise Surprise an ignorant Knick fan.

JerseyPalahniuk
07-23-2012, 09:11 PM

its funny that you called yourself a rational Knicks and hate that Knicks trolls make your fanbase look bad when you can't comprehend that LAST YEAR Wallace/Lopez/Deron did not play a SINGLE game together. lol

waveycrockett
07-23-2012, 09:29 PM
Amar'e played 3 games last year?

Chandler missed all but 16?

Give me a break.

And way to completely over look the other guys we've brought in.

knicksfan42
07-23-2012, 09:32 PM
its funny that you called yourself a rational Knicks and hate that Knicks trolls make your fanbase look bad when you can't comprehend that LAST YEAR Wallace/Lopez/Deron did not play a SINGLE game together. lol

starvingknick is easily one of the most unintelligent fans in the Knicks forum. I thought he was banned.

BradHolt4CYoung
07-23-2012, 09:33 PM
This was the Nets STARTING LINEUP for the MAJORITY of last season:

PG: D-will (55 Games Started)
SG: Marshon Brooks (47 GS)
SF: DeShawn Stevenson (30 GS)
PF: Kris Humphries (62 GS)
C: Sheldon Williams (35 GS)

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/NJN/2012.html

Now going into the season, our 2012 starting lineup is:

Deron Williams
Joe Johnson
Gerald Wallace
Kris Humphries
Brook Lopez
.........................VERY DIFFERENT, MUCH IMPROVED STARTING LINEUP...WHAT IS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND KNICKS FANS????
-Marshon Brooks becomes our 6th man (can win 6th man of year with his scoring talent)
-We added PF Mirza Teletovic from Bosnia who by everyones account is the best player in Europe. This is a great low risk/high reward signing.
- Other players we added this year to our bench: CJ Watson (solid backup PG), Reggie Evans (beast on the boards)...had a nice draft getting Tyshawn Taylor and Toko Sengahlia.

StarvingKnick22
07-23-2012, 09:56 PM
starvingknick is easily one of the most unintelligent fans in the Knicks forum. I thought he was banned.

how so? i know all the history, i get tired of the trolls, and when i say something back to them about their team i got banned for three days. thats NBA Logic. and i say its funny cause its true and that offends people? it is true, besides the fact that they have a good SF. stop trying to impress these guys.

StarvingKnick22
07-23-2012, 09:57 PM

hey, im commenting on the thread, not on nets in general.

BradHolt4CYoung
07-23-2012, 10:06 PM
how so? i know all the history, i get tired of the trolls, and when i say something back to them about their team i got banned for three days. thats NBA Logic. and i say its funny cause its true and that offends people? it is true, besides the fact that they have a good SF. stop trying to impress these guys.

Can you please explain to me how its true?

The Nets replaced their 2011 starters (Marshon Brooks, DeShawn Stevenson, Sheldon Williams) with Joe Johnson, Gerald Wallace, and Brook Lopez. They also added the best player in Europe.

Please tell me. How is this team nearly the same as the 2011 team? Not to mention Deron Williams had a injury plagued 2011, only playing 55 of 66 games.

JerseyPalahniuk
07-23-2012, 10:14 PM
hey, im commenting on the thread, not on nets in general.

You just said the post before this that "its funny because its true" I'm not sure what this comment even means then? Don't be a hypocrite by saying you hate Knicks trolls. I'm sure you make intelligent remarks about other teams but you are allowed to make the same remarks about a rival team. I hate the Knicks but I never said they were bad. I've repeatedly complimented the the Camby and Kidd acquisitions as HUGE for the veteran leadership over. Also like the James White, Pablo, Kurt signings. Only move I didn't like for the Knicks this offseason was letting go of Lin but that's apparently a split decision among Knicks fans.

See that? You can not like a team and still be rational.

knicksfan42
07-23-2012, 10:17 PM
Also like the James White, Pablo, Kurt signings.

James White sucks dog ****. Going to challenge Toney Douglas for worst player in the league next season.

JerseyPalahniuk
07-23-2012, 10:18 PM
James White sucks dog ****. Going to challenge Toney Douglas for worst player in the league next season.

Johan Petro will never be topped.

StarvingKnick22
07-23-2012, 10:29 PM
You just said the post before this that "its funny because its true" I'm not sure what this comment even means then? Don't be a hypocrite by saying you hate Knicks trolls. I'm sure you make intelligent remarks about other teams but you are allowed to make the same remarks about a rival team. I hate the Knicks but I never said they were bad. I've repeatedly complimented the the Camby and Kidd acquisitions as HUGE for the veteran leadership over. Also like the James White, Pablo, Kurt signings. Only move I didn't like for the Knicks this offseason was letting go of Lin but that's apparently a split decision among Knicks fans.

See that? You can not like a team and still be rational.

LOL I forgot about JJ! I facepalm myself. BTW we don't need much more change. The Knicks got Camby and Kidd. Which is good enough. Lin didn't make the magical cut and is on a team ran by an idiot who makes horrible decisions. I hope the nets do good, but why are you guys getting so mad at a simple comment?

JerseyPalahniuk
07-23-2012, 10:34 PM
LOL I forgot about JJ! I facepalm myself. BTW we don't need much more change. The Knicks got Camby and Kidd. Which is good enough. Lin didn't make the magical cut and is on a team ran by an idiot who makes horrible decisions. I hope the nets do good, but why are you guys getting so mad at a simple comment?

Haha I was just responding back to what you said... Trolls troll and they don't deny it. You trolled and said that you hate trolls. Hypocrisy was why I wrote a paragraph haha. We have jmoney who has on his sig "#1 Troll on PSD. I don't represent the views of Nets fans"

Also, not sure how you just "forgot about JJ" when it was specfically mentioned in the first post. Do you only read the titles of threads?

EDIT: Forgot to add, hope Knicks and specifically Kidd do well (favorite player of all time) but..... lose every single game to the Nets haha

BradHolt4CYoung
07-23-2012, 10:35 PM

Still waiting on you to respond to my posts....or are you admitting that you are wrong in that the team is nothing close to the 2011 team. They didnt just add JJ.

yaswaggin
07-23-2012, 10:36 PM

This will be the difference. One they need to stay healthy and if they do they will be a top 5 team. Also people don't realize what it was like in Jersey. I went to 6 games last year and the fans were terrible. They didn't draw a lot of fans and the ones that were there were not energetic at all. The best crowd I saw was when they played the Clippers and half the people there were cheering for Blake Griffin and not the Nets. In Brooklyn they will actually have fans who cheer them on and energize the team. The Nets had no home court advantage in Jersey.

That's because the fans were pissed the team was moving and the team sucked

When the nets were good (90s, most of 2000s), the fans were great

BradHolt4CYoung
07-23-2012, 10:40 PM
Cant this thread be closed? I mean isn't it obvious that the Nets have a completley different team then last year and this was just another case of a fearful Knicks fan trolling?

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-23-2012, 10:44 PM
Cant this thread be closed? I mean isn't it obvious that the Nets have a completley different team then last year and this was just another case of a fearful Knicks fan trolling?

No, PSD and its mods NEVER close Nets troll threads. Look at the past history of threads about the Nets. They're trolled to death and die off but if you see a Laker or Heat troll thread its wiped out instantly or locked.

Not talking s**t mods but its very true.

StarvingKnick22
07-23-2012, 10:48 PM
Still waiting on you to respond to my posts....or are you admitting that you are wrong in that the team is nothing close to the 2011 team. They didnt just add JJ.

what I said a couple posts ago was to everyone, besides they did JUST add JJ

StarvingKnick22
07-23-2012, 10:54 PM
No, PSD and its mods NEVER close Nets troll threads. Look at the past history of threads about the Nets. They're trolled to death and die off but if you see a Laker or Heat troll thread its wiped out instantly or locked.

Not talking s**t mods but its very true.

you really need to be a mod yourself tho...

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-23-2012, 11:08 PM
you really need to be a mod yourself tho...

:rolleyes:

BradHolt4CYoung
07-23-2012, 11:11 PM
what I said a couple posts ago was to everyone, besides they did JUST add JJ

I guess I will have to post it again, but it may be pointless since you appear to be completely incompetent. I will try to make it as simple as I can.

In 2011 the Nets starting Center was Sheldon Williams
In 2011 the Nets starting Small Forward was DeShawn Stevenson
In 2011 Deron Williams missed 11 games.
In 2011 Johan Petro played 59 games for the Nets. Gerald Wallace played 16.

In 2012 the Nets starting Center is Brook Lopez
In 2012 the Nets starting Forward is Gerald Wallace
In 2012 the Nets starting Shooting Guard is Joe Johnson
In 2012 the Nets 6th man is Marshon Brooks
In 2012 the Nets added Mirza Teletovic, regarded as Europes best player.

How did they just add JJ?

StarvingKnick22
07-23-2012, 11:48 PM
I guess I will have to post it again, but it may be pointless since you appear to be completely incompetent. I will try to make it as simple as I can.

In 2011 the Nets starting Center was Sheldon Williams
In 2011 the Nets starting Small Forward was DeShawn Stevenson
In 2011 Deron Williams missed 11 games.
In 2011 Johan Petro played 59 games for the Nets. Gerald Wallace played 16.

In 2012 the Nets starting Center is Brook Lopez
In 2012 the Nets starting Forward is Gerald Wallace
In 2012 the Nets starting Shooting Guard is Joe Johnson
In 2012 the Nets 6th man is Marshon Brooks
In 2012 the Nets added Mirza Teletovic, regarded as Europes best player.

How did they just add JJ?

incompetent means not fit for the job; unskilled for an activity. Use big words correctly please. They got Joe Johnson in July, what month is this? Chill out my friend. And you probably need the sleep so good night.

ee
07-23-2012, 11:50 PM
stupid thread.....

lopez played 5 games

williams
morrow
stevenson
humpries
petro

played majority of the games with williams out for 20 games..

tmacsc2
07-23-2012, 11:57 PM
How does the thread creator have a sig already he only has 26 posts

ee
07-24-2012, 12:08 AM
That's because the fans were pissed the team was moving and the team sucked

When the nets were good (90s, most of 2000s), the fans were great

nope.....nets couldn't sell out nba final games.....fans were never great even during the winning season.....use to only sell out when big time players come.....

early this off season, nets already sold around 10,000 season tickets, this was unheard off in the past in jersey....

only the true nets fans support their team, unfortunately we were very few.........

JerseyPalahniuk
07-24-2012, 12:09 AM
incompetent means not fit for the job; unskilled for an activity. Use big words correctly please. They got Joe Johnson in July, what month is this? Chill out my friend. And you probably need the sleep so good night.

Incompetent is a big word for you? Unskilled for an activity - this also alludes to a mental activity such as posting an argument. They got Joe Johnson in July. It is now July. Since you are incompetent to read, the title says "the same exact team last year as they do now" Is this the EXACT same team?

I'd like to flip this around:

Let's say the third best player on the Knicks (Amare) didn't join the Knicks till the trade deadline and ended up playing only 16 games. Let's say the 2nd best player (Chandler I guess) played only 5 games for the season. Let's say their replacements were Jared Jeffries and Kurt Thomas. That offseason they acquire an All-Star guard (for these purposes lets say Nash). Are you telling me that on you would NOT argue that the team is substantially better and not the EXACT same team?? (and before you go crazy saying Chandler is NOT Lopez and Amare is NOT Wallace, I'm only comparing in terms of their value to the Nets - Lopez was our 2nd best player and Wallace was our 3rd)

If you guys had gotten Mirza/CJ Watson/Reggie Evans and drafted Tyshawn Taylor at 41 (ranked 6th of all rookies so far in the Summer League) and Toko Shengalia at 54 (!!) who earned a spot on the team, you would still think the team was the EXACT same?

We don't have: Anthony Morrow, Deshawn Stevenson, Johan Petro, Shelden Williams, Armon Johnson, Jordan Williams and Sundiata Gaines anymore. This team is not the same. That is just ignorance.

Just stop it man, stop.

EDIT: This is my last post on this thread. I agree with Johnny tha Jet - I don't see why Mods have not locked this clear bait thread yet while other Knicks/Lakers/Heat thread are immediately moved/locked. I DO remember my Billy King thread being moved though that was positive towards the Nets

jmoney85
07-24-2012, 12:29 AM
nope.....nets couldn't sell out nba final games.....fans were never great even during the winning season.....use to only sell out when big time players come.....

early this off season, nets already sold around 10,000 season tickets, this was unheard off in the past in jersey....

only the true nets fans support their team, unfortunately we were very few.........

uhhhh they def sold out the nba finals... and I remember trying to go to 2 ECF games and not being able to get tickets... couldnt even get them scalped

StarvingKnick22
07-24-2012, 07:26 AM
Incompetent is a big word for you? Unskilled for an activity - this also alludes to a mental activity such as posting an argument. They got Joe Johnson in July. It is now July. Since you are incompetent to read, the title says "the same exact team last year as they do now" Is this the EXACT same team?

I'd like to flip this around:

Let's say the third best player on the Knicks (Amare) didn't join the Knicks till the trade deadline and ended up playing only 16 games. Let's say the 2nd best player (Chandler I guess) played only 5 games for the season. Let's say their replacements were Jared Jeffries and Kurt Thomas. That offseason they acquire an All-Star guard (for these purposes lets say Nash). Are you telling me that on you would NOT argue that the team is substantially better and not the EXACT same team?? (and before you go crazy saying Chandler is NOT Lopez and Amare is NOT Wallace, I'm only comparing in terms of their value to the Nets - Lopez was our 2nd best player and Wallace was our 3rd)

If you guys had gotten Mirza/CJ Watson/Reggie Evans and drafted Tyshawn Taylor at 41 (ranked 6th of all rookies so far in the Summer League) and Toko Shengalia at 54 (!!) who earned a spot on the team, you would still think the team was the EXACT same?

We don't have: Anthony Morrow, Deshawn Stevenson, Johan Petro, Shelden Williams, Armon Johnson, Jordan Williams and Sundiata Gaines anymore. This team is not the same. That is just ignorance.

Just stop it man, stop.

EDIT: This is my last post on this thread. I agree with Johnny tha Jet - I don't see why Mods have not locked this clear bait thread yet while other Knicks/Lakers/Heat thread are immediately moved/locked. I DO remember my Billy King thread being moved though that was positive towards the Nets

:laugh: its funny because now you know what happens when you become a big market team. Congratulations!

BradHolt4CYoung
07-24-2012, 08:38 AM
:laugh: its funny because now you know what happens when you become a big market team. Congratulations!

You just continue to to ignore to respond as to how the Nets are the same team as last year...I guess you agree you have been proved wrong.

And what is this post even saying? That now that the Nets are a big market team they will get trolled and unfairly looked as worse then they are by trolls like yourself? Ok?

naztrack
07-24-2012, 09:13 AM

smh....your feening, calm down :rolleyes:

theheatles
07-24-2012, 09:13 AM
a healthy Lopez, a more experienced Marshon Brook, Joe Johnson, a full season with gerald wallace and an offseason together will make the nets vastly improved and shouldn't be below a 5 seed