PDA

View Full Version : Mavs Forum ReDraft: Hawthorne @ Arlington - Please vote!

BlondeBomber41
07-22-2012, 10:20 PM
We did a redraft in the Mavs forum over the last month and would appreciate everyones help in picking a winner. Please put your vote in on who you think would win a 7 game series between the two teams listed below. Please leave all bias out of your decision in interest of fairness!

The Arlington Jerk Offs have home court advantage.

Hawthorne Wipes

Depth Chart:
PG: Chris Paul | Eric Bledsoe
SG: Tony Allen | Louis Williams | Jordan Crawford
SF: Paul Pierce | Shane Battier
PF: Elton Brand | Brandon Bass
C: Joakim Noah | Derrick Favors | Boris Diaw

Arlington Jerk Offs

Tyson Chandler - Andrea Bargnani - Ed Davis
Amare Stoudemire - JJ Hickson
Luol Deng - Wilson Chandler
Wesley Matthews - Danny Green
Russell Westbrook - Goran Dragic - JJ Barea

Team Write Up:

First I'll start off by saying I think both teams match up extremely well.

Both teams have star PG's in Paul/Westbrook, both teams have All Star small forwards in Pierce/Deng and both teams have terrific perimeter defenders on the wing in Tony Allen and Wesley Matthews.

Where I believe the Jerk Offs would win this matchup is in the front court and off the bench.

The three man rotation of Tyson Chandler, Amare Stoudemire and Andrea Bargnani up front would be a ton for anyone to handle. Amare and Bargnani would provide a ton of offense and Tyson Chandler would do his thing as the reigning Defensive Player Of The Year. To have a big the caliber of Bargnani coming off the bench is a huge advantage for any team.

In comparison, the Wipes have a solid frontcourt of Brand/Noah/Bass but it just doesn't stack up in a 7 game series. There isn't alot of scoring there between the three of them and they just simply wouldn't be able to produce at the same level that our frontcourt would.

At backup Small Forward it's the comparison of savvy vet Shane Battier and a young and talented Wilson Chandler. They both do some things better than the other, but the Wipes don't have much scoring outside of Paul Pierce and Chris Paul and the scoring punch that Chandler provides over Battier only further widens the gap in terms of production overall.

At backup Shooting Guard Louis Williams is a plus over Danny Green in terms of points, but with his size and experience playing on contender in San Antonio, I still feel very comfortable about this matchup. Danny Green is a terrific three point shooter and that will be his main role for us, to spread the floor.

Then at backup PG there is another huge gap. Goran Dragic became the starter in Houston last year and set the world on fire, showing he was every bit a starter in the NBA and earning a long term deal to return to PHX. Add in JJ Barea as the THIRD PG and this team is loaded. Bledsoe on the other hand was injured and made no impact last season. There is really no telling what he would bring to a team.

All in all I think there is a big gap between the two teams in how much you could expect Pierce/Paul/Williams to produce for Hawthorne and you could expect Westbrook/Amare/Deng/Dragic/Bargnani/Chandler/Barea to produce for Arlington, while also being a terrific defensive team with the presence of Chandler/Deng/Matthews etc.

Good luck to Hawthorne, may the best team win. :)

GoPacers33
07-22-2012, 10:43 PM
I love Arlingtons team

Chacarron
07-22-2012, 11:21 PM
Hawthorne = Clutch City.

BlondeBomber41
07-22-2012, 11:42 PM

King41
07-23-2012, 10:16 AM
jerks win

holocaust227
07-23-2012, 10:42 AM
I just feel that the Jerks have more reliable players compared to the wipes. Dragic could work extremely well with Amare.

NYKalltheway
07-23-2012, 02:48 PM
Both teams are too good, Arlington has more depth but I love the CP3-Pierce pairing and Amare hasn't really performed great lately. It goes to 7 and I give a slight edge to Hawthorne. Neither team seems to have any weakness in their roster though!