PDA

View Full Version : 90s redraft Playoffs SuperMario Conference: 4. Johannesburg vs 5. Toronto

NYKalltheway
07-22-2012, 02:50 PM
Welcome to the 90s redraft from the Knicks forum. This game involves players who have featured at any game between 1989-90 season until 1999-2000 season and players should be judged on their primes and not their 90s career.

Johannesburg

C: Arvydas Sabonis | Manute Bol | Harvey Grant
PF: A.C. Green | Raef LaFrentz
SF: Grant Hill | Rodney Rogers
SG: Doug Christie | Dell Curry
PG: Gary Payton | Vinnie Johnson | Brian Shaw

Toronto

Starting 5:

PG: Stephon Marbury
SG: Drazen Petrovic
SF: Glen Rice
PF: Horace Grant
C: Hakeen Olajuwon

Bench:

PG: Darrel Armstrong
SG: Anthony Parker
SF: Chuck Person
PF: Clarence Weatherspoon (Baby Barkley)
C: Gheorge Muresan

11th man: Sedale Threatt
12th man: Tony Smith

raiderposting
07-22-2012, 02:54 PM
Toronto by far.

mvb815
07-22-2012, 03:04 PM
why should i take the time to consider either team when neither team cares enough to write a write up

NYKalltheway
Toronto but marginally actually

Jint.
Toronto wins.. I would like to see the Muresan/Bol match-up

TO Rapz
07-22-2012, 03:38 PM
Toronto GM huuuur, sorry for no writeup.

TO Rapz
07-22-2012, 03:39 PM
why should i take the time to consider either team when neither team cares enough to write a write up

You don't have to. I put in the work to draft the team, I couldn't make a writeup because I've been busy with school and my co like died, I haven't talked to him in 3 months or so..

Raps18-19 Champ
07-22-2012, 03:45 PM

It takes 1 second to vote.

Cal827
07-22-2012, 08:19 PM
Toronto, easy.

mvb815
07-22-2012, 09:50 PM
You don't have to. I put in the work to draft the team, I couldn't make a writeup because I've been busy with school and my co like died, I haven't talked to him in 3 months or so..

these redrafts are pretty cool, but whats the point if the GMs don't take it seriously? if you're too busy, don't be a GM.

it's like starting a fantasy draft association in 2k12. everybody wants to do the draft, but nobody wants to keep it alive.

i don't want to look at a roster and pick a winner, i want the GMs to convince me why their team is going to win, consider it like practice.

TO Rapz
07-23-2012, 02:24 PM
these redrafts are pretty cool, but whats the point if the GMs don't take it seriously? if you're too busy, don't be a GM.

it's like starting a fantasy draft association in 2k12. everybody wants to do the draft, but nobody wants to keep it alive.

i don't want to look at a roster and pick a winner, i want the GMs to convince me why their team is going to win, consider it like practice.

I also thought I was going to win this without a writeup. Lol.

cubfan23
07-23-2012, 05:12 PM
Wow, I'm surprised it was this big of blowout....Grant Hill before he got injured could have been one of the all time greats. Sabonis, the guy would have been one of the greatest Centers of all time had he come over earlier in his career. Hakeem obviously is one of the best but I don't think he'd dominate Sabonis. Also Payton> Marbury....at SG Toronto has the easy advantage but still many people underrate Sabonis.

KnicksorBust
07-23-2012, 07:02 PM
People do realize that the PG matchup is Gary Payton vs. Stephon Marbury right? And that Grant Hill would have an absolute field day on their wings? I like Johannesburg.

Sidenote: I don't know if I've ever seen a 5 seed crush a 4 seed like this. Congrats toronto.

Chavacano
07-23-2012, 10:00 PM
Prime Payton, Hill and Sabonis. :drool:

NYKalltheway
07-24-2012, 08:48 PM
Game over, Toronto wins this one for sure

juggla53
07-24-2012, 11:58 PM

hopefully you understand basketball enough where you don't need to have everything explained to you, who really cares about a writeup the vote comes down to which team you think is better

juggla53
07-25-2012, 12:01 AM
Wow, I'm surprised it was this big of blowout....Grant Hill before he got injured could have been one of the all time greats. Sabonis, the guy would have been one of the greatest Centers of all time had he come over earlier in his career. Hakeem obviously is one of the best but I don't think he'd dominate Sabonis. Also Payton> Marbury....at SG Toronto has the easy advantage but still many people underrate Sabonis.

well if your talking about a 25 year old in his prime sabonis then no hakeem would not dominate him, however if were talking about sabonis based on his NBA career then a prime hakeem would tear him apart, the older sabonis doesnt have a chance of staying with hakeem

mvb815
07-25-2012, 12:44 AM
hopefully you understand basketball enough where you don't need to have everything explained to you, who really cares about a writeup the vote comes down to which team you think is better

??? i asked why should i take the time to consider either team, not i need a write up because i don't know which team is better