PDA

View Full Version : Can a team kill good relations with other teams?

chrism8188
07-22-2012, 04:38 AM
Yes obviously they can but for example, a team like the magic. who have been in and out trade talks with different teams, i kno they are looking for the best offer, is it a smart move to do it repeatedly? I'm thinking it may come back to haunt them, either taking less for a star player or later on no team wanting to trade with you or rip your team off bad. maybe something else

MackShock
07-22-2012, 04:48 AM
i believe so..but in the interest of putting the best team on the floor, a GM will likely have to suck up whatever bad relationship they have with the other GM if they have a player that they need.

On the other end, there are also buddy GM's/teams that you always see making deals with each other

Chill_Will_24
07-22-2012, 05:14 AM
No because teams will always look out for the best interest of their team so they wont let a grudge prevent them from improving their team.

However it is possible for a team like the Magic to kill good relations with powers agents like Fegan. Agents like Fegan have much pull around the league and for dragging Dwight's name through the mud and refusing to trade him they could be making enemies out of a very powerful guy

oballerc75
07-22-2012, 05:35 AM
No because teams will always look out for the best interest of their team so they wont let a grudge prevent them from improving their team.

However it is possible for a team like the Magic to kill good relations with powers agents like Fegan. Agents like Fegan have much pull around the league and for dragging Dwight's name through the mud and refusing to trade him they could be making enemies out of a very powerful guy

Couldnt have said It better myself

king4day
07-22-2012, 10:15 AM
I read a tweet from one of the experts who said Cleveland is extremely difficult to deal with...yet they still do. So it might not help but I don't think you'l eer see a team not deal with another one if interest in someone is strong enough.

Dade County
07-22-2012, 10:24 AM
I can see other front offices not trading with the HEAT even though it will make their teams slightly better.

IndyRealist
07-22-2012, 10:25 AM
I've noticed that some teams simply don't deal with certain teams. I doubt it's a question of losing good relations, rather they never had a good relationship to begin with. A lot of deal making is about trusting the guy on the other end of the phone. Think there are going to be many Portland-Indiana or Portland-Charlotte deals in the near future with Kevin Pritchard helming the Pacers and Rich Cho calling the shots for the Bobcats?

Slimsim
07-22-2012, 10:29 AM
I can see other front offices not trading with the HEAT even though it will make their teams slightly better.

funny since the decision I haven't heard 1 heat trade rumor not 1

BALLER R
07-22-2012, 10:29 AM

*Cough* Cleveland

helgaqzd
07-22-2012, 10:33 AM
No because teams will always look out for the best interest of their team so they wont let a grudge prevent them from improving their team. http://www.vvio.info/jpg1

they wont let a grudge prevent them from improving their team.

IndyRealist
07-22-2012, 12:47 PM
A lot of people seem to think that Portland offering Roy Hibbert a max contract was a shot at Kevin Pritchard. I don't see those teams doing business.

Pistol_Pete
07-22-2012, 01:51 PM
Yes. It definitely hurts. It shouldn't, and most GMs probably don't let it interfere too much, but I'm sure it happens. Let's say you could trade for Chris Paul or Deron Williams, but Pauls team is amazingly difficult to trade with. The GM might prefer to go after Williams in the situation. Or if a team needs a 3rd team option, a GM isn't likely to extend a favor to a team that is difficult to deal with. I'm sure the Nets would deal with Cleveland or Orlando in the future, but if they had an option not to, they'd probably go that way.

Then you have the biggest hurdle, ownership. Take the Knicks for example. You don't think James Dolan takes things personal and blocks moves? Isiah Thomas nearly destroyed the Knicks, and Donnie Walsh just about brought the Knicks back from the dead. But then Dolan wants to oust Walsh and bring in Thomas? That sounds like the kind of guy who wouldn't deal with a team because he didn't like them.

Ezio
07-22-2012, 02:10 PM
Memphis and Chicago.

Chicago offers 3 picks and Brewer for Mayo, Memphis likes McRoberts + pick.

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-22-2012, 02:16 PM

Please, you Heat fans need to stop flattering yourselves. :laugh2: