PDA

View Full Version : Bulls Close To Signing Marco Bellienli

Punk
07-22-2012, 01:12 AM
Davide Chinellato ‏@dchinellato
Marco Belinelli and the #Bulls in "advanced talks", @AlexKennedyNBA reports. The Italian could sign for the bi-annual exception #NBA

Another solid tanking move by Chicago.

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-22-2012, 01:16 AM
Another solid tanking move by Chicago.

They got a cheaper version of Korver. What the hell are you talking about?

Punk
07-22-2012, 01:19 AM

He's not as good as Korver and he's a poor defender. It is a cheap move that's the key but he is a downgrade.

popo85
07-22-2012, 01:20 AM
Solid signing had a good year in N.O, wish Lakers signed him they need a shooter off the bench because Steve Blake is pure thrash.

justinnum1
07-22-2012, 01:20 AM

not so sure about that.

he only shot 40% from 3 one season

his fg% is 42%

cheaper than korver? yes, but also not as good as korver.

dont think they are tanking tho

Jenceman
07-22-2012, 01:22 AM
It's a very good pickup with a low price. Tanking move?

Dumb thought.

shep33
07-22-2012, 01:29 AM
Solid pickup

Linkels
07-22-2012, 01:35 AM
The tanking move and will probably still be better than the Knicks.

UPRock
07-22-2012, 01:44 AM
Good move.

Shammyguy3
07-22-2012, 01:48 AM
He's not as efficient as Korver, but he's more of an offensive threat and not just a stand-around shooter. He's only assisted on 79.4% of his shots last year whereas Korver was assisted on 93.3% (nearly a 15% difference). He's also a better passer & playmaker, and is still efficient (had a 49.5efg% last year). He's better at running the floor than Korver, and is still young so could potentially be transformed into a good defender like Thibodeau did with Korver (Korver was severely underrated defensively this past year in Chicago).

Factor in that he'll only make 40% of what Korver would have made, and this isn't a tanking move whatsoever.

nicegoing
07-22-2012, 01:48 AM
He's terrible.

John Walls Era
07-22-2012, 01:58 AM
Hes not the same player as Korver. He has some handling ability and has more on offense than spot up shooting. He was suppose to be a good player, but now hes just a lower end wing player from Europe. I also don't fear his 3 pt shooting like Korvers.

Chacarron
07-22-2012, 02:10 AM
He's whatever.

DamnGoat
07-22-2012, 02:14 AM
He'll cost about 60% less than Korver and fill the same role. I'm not saying he's better than Korver, but the Bulls are obviously trying to stay away from the luxury tax so it's not a bad move.

Not sure why people assume the Bulls are tanking either? All they've done is replace high priced bench players with cheaper (and in some cases, better) alternatives.

Scooby-Doo
07-22-2012, 02:24 AM
This is a great signing, to replace Rose's scoring.

Chi StateOfMind
07-22-2012, 02:33 AM
Whatever. Miami repeat and everyone knows it whether they wanna say it or not. OKC or LAL if they get dwight.

TheRunKiller
07-22-2012, 02:46 AM
The tanking move and will probably still be better than the Knicks.

Straight Up. Bulls will still finish better than NYK:D

Bulls_fan90
07-22-2012, 02:46 AM
Bulls can try and tank all they want, they still won't be as bad as the Knicks :laugh2:

Shammyguy3
07-22-2012, 02:51 AM
Hes not the same player as Korver. He has some handling ability and has more on offense than spot up shooting. He was suppose to be a good player, but now hes just a lower end wing player from Europe. I also don't fear his 3 pt shooting like Korvers.
Career Stats
Belinelli = 39.3% from three point land over 938 attempts in 6,167 minutes (one three point attempt every 6.6 minutes played)
Korver = 41.3% from three point land over 2,743 attempts in 16,076 minutes (one three point attempt every 5.9 minutes played)

Korver's better, but it's not a significant difference considering Korver completely relies on everyone else to contribute. Belinelli, while reliant, will allow the Bulls a little more flexibility in terms of getting him the ball.

Whatever. Miami repeat and everyone knows it whether they wanna say it or not. OKC or LAL if they get dwight.

Thanks, now i don't have to watch the games and can make contingency bets and make some money.

Punk
07-22-2012, 03:21 AM
Lol How does the Knicks have anything to do with it. Stop showing the insecurity Bulls fans.

bbcmillionaire
07-22-2012, 03:48 AM
Lol How does the Knicks have anything to do with it. Stop showing the insecurity Bulls fans.

Not insecurity just the truth. Lol well have fun with the best point guard in the league on your team(or his mentality or whatever)

Shammyguy3
07-22-2012, 04:12 AM
there's zero reason to bring the Knicks up in the discussion. Talk about the Bulls and/or Belinelli and/or other teams that may be interested in him. No need to bait.

seikou8
07-22-2012, 04:36 AM
Bulls can try and tank all they want, they still won't be as bad as the Knicks :laugh2:

:facepalm: no said anything about the knicks .so do us a favor don't talk **** when loul deng is your first option and cant get his own shot

Bulls_fan90
07-22-2012, 04:38 AM
there's zero reason to bring the Knicks up in the discussion. Talk about the Bulls and/or Belinelli and/or other teams that may be interested in him. No need to bait.

:facepalm: no said anything about the knicks .so do us a favor don't talk **** when loul deng is your first option and cant get his own shot

Another solid tanking move by Chicago

Not baiting, replying to the OP. Go back and have a read of the first post.

John Walls Era
07-22-2012, 04:42 AM
Career Stats
Belinelli = 39.3% from three point land over 938 attempts in 6,167 minutes (one three point attempt every 6.6 minutes played)
Korver = 41.3% from three point land over 2,743 attempts in 16,076 minutes (one three point attempt every 5.9 minutes played)

Korver's better, but it's not a significant difference considering Korver completely relies on everyone else to contribute. Belinelli, while reliant, will allow the Bulls a little more flexibility in terms of getting him the ball.

Is that not what I said?

Shammyguy3
07-22-2012, 05:02 AM

I guess Rose & Boozer retired huh :rolleyes:

Is that not what I said?

It is, i was only agreeing with you and added more to the discussion :cool:

DitchDat
07-22-2012, 05:32 AM
That's a good move. Marco is a nice player.

Cubby
07-22-2012, 05:58 AM
He blatantly baits in the first post and then complains when people say something back... classic.

seikou8
07-22-2012, 05:59 AM
[QUOTE=shammyguy3;23046144]I guess Rose & Boozer retired huh :rolleyes:
rose might be out he whole year and carlos plays soft.

alencp3
07-22-2012, 06:09 AM
nice signing, i wanted him on the clippers

time4change
07-22-2012, 06:29 AM
If you still think Derrick Rose will miss the whole season then you are very mislead.

And all they've done this off season is get better. Last time I checked they were the best team in the league last year until every good player got hurt (slight exaggeration).

They added a young stud with Teague in the draft, signed Hinrich who brings a ton to this team, and now some more outside scoring for cheap.

All I'm saying is if you think the Bulls are going to have a "down year" this year, you might be somewhat surprised. Derrick Rose is a winner, he wont let that happen.

Shammyguy3
07-22-2012, 06:54 AM
rose might be out he whole year and carlos plays soft.

Rose will miss half the season. Boozer plays soft yet is one of the most efficient big men at his position and one of the best rebounders at his position, with one of the highest usage percentages at his position.

Yeah, okay :laugh: it's like all of a sudden there's only this "black/white" mentality. You're either soft (insert player) or you're not. Like being a finesse player is a bad thing. :rolleyes:

Kuya_Clive
07-22-2012, 06:59 AM
I like Marco, #passdatfourcheeseravioli!

mikekhelxD
07-22-2012, 07:16 AM
For those who thinks this is a bad signing with the FO intentions of:

Replacing Korver through FA and affordable

http://www.nba.com/freeagents/2012/

Sort it out by guards

Bulls roster:

Rose/Teague
Rip/Butler
Deng/Radma
Boozer/Taj
Noah

Lost:

Korver (Belinelli is similar, but can actaully do something else other than shoot)
Brewer (See Butler)
Lucas (Watson?)
Mike James (No minutes)
Scal (Got more minutes than James? Cheerer!)
Watson (Lucas?)

Pending:

Asik (Great guy on defense, but lacks hand grip. Also, see Rockets)
Kirk (Capt. Kirk!)
Milicic (Asik replacement)
Mohammed (See Above)

Within the list of available FAs and the stated reasons, is Belinelli really that bad of a signing?

BcEuAbRsS
07-22-2012, 07:26 AM
Don't hate it, don't love it... So far the Bulls are doing a decent job of finding nearly equal backups to the guys they lost at a cheaper rate... #badmanagment

YoungOne
07-22-2012, 07:31 AM
not worse than korver overall

seikou8
07-22-2012, 08:10 AM
Rose will miss half the season. Boozer plays soft yet is one of the most efficient big men at his position and one of the best rebounders at his position, with one of the highest usage percentages at his position.

Yeah, okay :laugh: it's like all of a sudden there's only this "black/white" mentality. You're either soft (insert player) or you're not. Like being a finesse player is a bad thing. :rolleyes:

who know how derrick rose will play coming of a serious injury mentally and psychically. boozer is good but doesn't show up during the playoffs, also is a very bad defender. i am a knicks fan not a homer i hope it works out for you guys.:clap:

nbrod
07-22-2012, 09:07 AM
He's not as good of a shooter as korver but he is more of an offensive threat. He can create his own shot and he'll run the floor. Thibs might be able to make him into a decent defender to

Badluck33
07-22-2012, 09:19 AM
How good was Korvers Defense before he went to Chicago and played for Thibs?

Ladies Man
07-22-2012, 09:35 AM
I don't know why people complain that we are replacing our bench. They were good because they played defense, and thats because of Thibs. I rather save money since we arent going to win anyway.

king4day
07-22-2012, 10:24 AM
He'll get a ton of minutes so he'll need to take advantage.

Joker55
07-22-2012, 10:45 AM
Solid move for the Bulls

Smooth_at_80
07-22-2012, 11:22 AM
To a team that does not charge as much as the Knicks or Lakers for tickets but last year takes in $59 million while the Lakers took in $7.7 and the Knicks took in a little bit mroe, This is the straw that broke the camels back. The Bulls are a in big market and they are being a very very very cheap team and have been since Reinsdorf has owned the team.

Bulls fans have been brainwashed by Bought and Paid for Media and radio shows that keep saying the Bulls don't have money, the Bulls are waiting for the next Window to go after a Championship, The Bulls will go after the top FA in 2015... That's BS... Bulls fans are becoming Cubs fans.. Not holding management accountable and just showing up because that's the thing to do. These fans don't care about winning..

We have two extremes to look at. The Lakers always spend into the Luxury Tax (which is why the only took in $7.7 million) Yet during Kobe's run, they 5 NBA titles and are setting up to go after 3 more and also transitioning to the future (Dwight Howard) when was the last time the Lakers missed the playoffs? The 2004-2005 season when Phil and Shaq left after their 4th trip in 5years to the Finals when they lost to Detroit. The last time before 2004-2005? 1993-1994.

the New York Knicks history is well documented with missing the Playoffs many times, but They spend into the Luxury tax. They have had bad coaching and have spent money on the wrong palyers, but they aren't cheap.

To tie this into the Bulls..... Tickets at the UC are less than the tickets in LA and in New York but the Bulls have averaged $60 mill a year for almost two decades. They have never went into the Luxury Tax. Not once.

So the best the Bulls can do is lie to the fans yet again about the want to being the Best team and producing Titles. How many times since 1998 have we heard the Bulls say they are looking to the future and next year to get back to what they were in the 90's? First it was supposed to be Elton and Artest, than it was Eddy, Tyson and Jamal, than it was Jay Williams, than Hinrich and Noccioni, than Ben Gordon and Deng, Now its Rose, and now it;s wait two more years...

Don't tell me Reinsdorf don't have the money to amnesty Boozer. He just took in $60 this past year in a short NBA season.

If the Bulls have the Best Coaching staff in the NBA why not allow the coach to bring in guys that can become pieces of a title run or trade bait over the next two yeas. Don't tell me that Hinrich, Vlad, Dark, and company are the best the Bulls the could do. That's a lie. There are better options out there and if it meant going into the Luxury tax don't you believe Reinsdorf owes it to the fans? Why make Rose work that much harder when he comes back off of a bad injury?

Hinrich isn't the best PG or Combo Guard available he's just Reinsdorf adoptive son. They go to church together and he missed his son.

I would pay the Luxury tax for this team...

PG------Foye/Hinrich/Teague
SG------Hamilton/Mayo
SF------Deng/Butler/Bellienli
PF------Gibson/Anderson
C-------Noah/McGee/Asik

When Rose returns....

PG-----Rose/Hinrich/Teague
SG-----Hamilton/Mayo
SF-----Deng/Butler/Bellienli
PF-----Noah/Gibson/Anderson
C------McGee/Aski/Camby

Amnesty Boozer. Sign McGee, Mayo to five year deals. Sign Bellienli, Anderson to three year deals. that way you have your SG of the Future in Mayo and you have and upgrade from Asik in McGee. Thibs is a very hard nosed coach and the guy that can get the best out of McGee and Mayo for years to come.

This team is big Athletic and without Rose can be a top 5 team in the East. When Rose comes back you trade Foye for Camby or another Big to go with the rotation for the playoff run. You have three point shooting in Anderson, Bellienli. Mayo and Deng can also hit 3's as well.

Kuya_Clive
07-22-2012, 11:33 AM
How good was Korvers Defense before he went to Chicago and played for Thibs?

pretty god damn bad imo. But, he is definitely a much better defender now than before he joined the Bulls. Hopefully something similar can happen with Marco from Tropoja if the signing goes through.

eternal slumber
07-22-2012, 11:39 AM
pretty god damn bad imo. But, he is definitely a much better defender now than before he joined the Bulls. Hopefully something similar can happen with Marco from Tropoja if the signing goes through.

are you a filipino buddy? saw your screen name so a assumed.

xxplayerxx23
07-22-2012, 11:42 AM
Marco is better then Korver. Kover was the better shooter but Id rather have Marco as an overal player. Good move IMO

Jays Claw
07-22-2012, 11:47 AM
Streaky shooter still with loads of potential. I say he fills out nicely as a solid rotation player for the Bulls.

jp611
07-22-2012, 11:47 AM
Depending on whether we match Asik or not, the Bulls bench actually got better this offseason and for a fraction of the price... It sounds like the Bulls are going to let Asik walk and Nazr Mohammed will become the backup C so that evens it out but at the same time the Bulls have shed salary, avoided the luxury tax, and got a little better offensively while getting a little worse defensively... This is a good plan because there's no reason for the Bulls to go into the tax this season with Rose out for most of it... When other teams are paying the repeat offender tax the Bulls will be avoiding it and be able to go into the tax without the strict penalties

justinnum1
07-22-2012, 11:51 AM
Depending on whether we match Asik or not, the Bulls bench actually got better this offseason and for a fraction of the price... It sounds like the Bulls are going to let Asik walk and Nazr Mohammed will become the backup C so that evens it out but at the same time the Bulls have shed salary, avoided the luxury tax, and got a little better offensively while getting a little worse defensively... This is a good plan because there's no reason for the Bulls to go into the tax this season with Rose out for most of it... When other teams are paying the repeat offender tax the Bulls will be avoiding it and be able to go into the tax without the strict penalties

you really think so? lol

HowBoutDemBulls
07-22-2012, 12:14 PM
Korver couldn't even get a f#$%ing shot up against the sixers. He can only shoot when completely wide open and even then he is hesitant. Marco is a vast improvement.

jp611
07-22-2012, 12:16 PM
you really think so? lol

Yeah, I really think losing Asik is a big blow, biggest blow to the Bulls this offseason

Jint.
07-22-2012, 12:21 PM
Marco. NO..!

justinnum1
07-22-2012, 12:26 PM
Yeah, I really think losing Asik is a big blow, biggest blow to the Bulls this offseason

I was asking if you really thought signing nazr to replace asik evens out?

Bulls are going to let Asik walk and Nazr Mohammed will become the backup C so that evens it out

Tha Truth
07-22-2012, 12:31 PM
Is Brewer still on the Bulls?

jp611
07-22-2012, 12:35 PM
I was asking if you really thought signing nazr to replace asik evens out?

No, I worded that wrong, sorry... I meant I think the Bulls are having a good offseason right now considering the circumstances and I believe thier bench has improved (if Bellinelli does sign), but I meant to say that losing Omer and and replacing him with Nazr is a downgrade and it evens it out to what the Bulls have done this offseason.

Bellinelli is younger than Korver and can create his own shot better
Butler is already better than Brewer because he plays good defense, not as good as RB, but he also has a good offensive game that could develop
Hinrich is a much better fit than Watson IMO

justinnum1
07-22-2012, 12:36 PM
I dont think nazr is as bad as most bulls fans are thinking as long as he doesnt have to play more than 10 min a game.

jp611
07-22-2012, 01:09 PM
I dont think nazr is as bad as most bulls fans are thinking as long as he doesnt have to play more than 10 min a game.

Well if the Bulls don't match Asik, he's going to have to play more than 10 minutes per game, especially with Noah's injury history

justinnum1
07-22-2012, 01:14 PM
Well if the Bulls don't match Asik, he's going to have to play more than 10 minutes per game, especially with Noah's injury history

Yea, i would be a little worries about that. That thomas kid from summer league looks good, if the bulls dont give him a camp invite i hope the heat do

eaglesfanphilly
07-22-2012, 01:56 PM
Marco is better then Korver. Kover was the better shooter but Id rather have Marco as an overal player. Good move IMO

r u serious? korver has to be one of the best if not the best 3 point shooter in the league. marco is not an overall player, more like below avg in every department aka willie green

Kuya_Clive
07-22-2012, 02:20 PM

I swear, from reading your posts in the summer league I think you're a closet Bulls fan lol

one of us...one of us...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y_KNYNzN6A

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-22-2012, 02:24 PM
Will the Bulls do what the Hornets did after Belli made a 3 pointer last year and have people running around and waving the Italian flag?:laugh2:

mikekhelxD
07-22-2012, 04:09 PM

r u serious? korver has to be one of the best if not the best 3 point shooter in the league. marco is not an overall player, more like below avg in every department aka willie green

Korver is way better in 3 pts shooting, but that's it. Overall game, remember that. Whenever there's a fastbreak that falls into the hands of Korver, it makes me cringe that he'll miss a layup on an open court.

Losoway
07-22-2012, 04:33 PM
another tank move

the bulls might as well give up deng next

Losoway
07-22-2012, 04:35 PM
is anyone in the draft next year worth this tanking??

justinnum1
07-22-2012, 05:02 PM
is anyone in the draft next year worth this tanking??
shabazz looks legit

and they arent tanking.

Cubby
07-22-2012, 08:07 PM
another tank move

the bulls might as well give up deng next

Our bench most likely got better this year while also getting cheaper, so I don't see how we are tanking.

Cubby
07-22-2012, 08:13 PM

Taj can play a little bit of center too, so there's that. He will probably play between 10-13 minutes a night which really isn't bad too be honest. Plus, he will be playing next to Taj for the most part so he takes off some of the pressure to perform defensively.

uigfd7s8fgd
07-22-2012, 08:27 PM
===== http://www.netetrader.com ====

New online store for your business and shopping now

Air Jordan (1-24) shoes $33
UGG BOOT $100
Nike shox Airmax Rift (R4, NZ, OZ, TL1, TL2, TL3) $33
Handbags ( Coach Lv fendi D&G) $36
T-shirts (polo, ed hardy, lacoste) $16
Jean (True Religion, ed hardy, coogi)$30
Sunglasses ( Oakey, coach, Gucci, Armaini)$16
New era cap $16
ATO shoes $42
Gucci shoes $42 ,prada shoes $40
NBA jerseys $33 ,NHL jerseys $29
YSL shoes $85
Bikini (Ed hardy, polo) $18
Accept Credit card,Westernunion,Bank transfer(bank wire)
Very fast and safe

===== http://www.mineokmalls.com ====

http://www.netetrader.com

__$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$____$$$$$_$$$$$

_$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$___$$$$$$$$$$$

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$_____$$$$$$$$

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$________$$

_$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$_______-:|: