PDA

View Full Version : Bulls Will Sign Nazr Mohammed

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-22-2012, 12:54 AM
Just adds more likelihood to the fact that they might not bring Asik back.

Peter Vecsey tweeted late Saturday night that Nazr Mohammed has chosen to sign with the Bulls, rather than the Nets. The 34 year old center who played with the Thunder last season had visited with the Nets this weekend. The Bulls have an opening for a back-up center if they don't match Houston's offer sheet for Omer Asik.

Without Mohammed, the Nets' roster officially stands at 12, with Tornike Shengelia to make it 13 shortly. They've been in talks with Andrei Kirilenko, but also only have one true center (Brook Lopez) on the roster.

http://www.netsdaily.com/2012/7/22/3175222/nazr-mohammed-chooses-bulls-over-nets

Aust
07-22-2012, 12:56 AM
He's not coming back.

Curious to see where the Russian goes and for what price

justinnum1
07-22-2012, 12:57 AM
They are not matching asik

nazr will be good for 10min a game, prob avg 4/4 and 1 block

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-22-2012, 01:06 AM
Damn I wanted him on the Nets. Oh well, solid fit in Chicago.

GREATNESS ONE
07-22-2012, 01:07 AM
That means Adios, Asik. Enjoy Houston.

popo85
07-22-2012, 01:09 AM
Nazr at his age is still a decent back-up, bye bye Asik

SouthSideRookie
07-22-2012, 01:19 AM
That means Adios, Asik. Enjoy Houston.

:dance:

Jenceman
07-22-2012, 01:23 AM
Decent backup, downgrade from Asik, but no way you pay a backup center that kinda money.

shep33
07-22-2012, 01:26 AM
Good pick up. Way cheaper than Asik

cheaptrikz
07-22-2012, 01:29 AM
like the pick up, we are not matching asik

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-22-2012, 01:34 AM
Lin and Asik in Houston are the next Stockton and Malone.

#MoreySystem

LTBaByyy
07-22-2012, 01:37 AM
The Nets bench is not looking good at all

They need a good bench to get to playoffs and compete

SouthSideRookie
07-22-2012, 01:42 AM

#MoreySystem

:cool:

Chronz
07-22-2012, 01:57 AM

#MoreySystem
WTF? :facepalm:

EasternStar
07-22-2012, 02:17 AM

Oh really. What about Dallas's Bench?:cool: Miami went far without a bench, its there starters that won them a title.

WhiteSoxGod
07-22-2012, 02:20 AM

#MoreySystem

I like it.....

Yeah this means Asik will be a Rocket!!! I love it!! The Rockets love tough Gritty players Asik fits the bill.

As for this signing by the Bulls, I like it for them. Nazr can give them some size and minutes. He will be a good asset.

LTBaByyy
07-22-2012, 02:28 AM
Oh really. What about Dallas's Bench?:cool: Miami went far without a bench, its there starters that won them a title.

Both benches were crucial in Mavs and Heat championship!

Stevenson (Didnt start until Butler got hurt) , Terry, Barea, Peja, Brewer, Cardinal, Mahinmi, Haywood all played key roles at one point in playoffs

Cole, Battier (Didn't even start until playoffs), Haslem, Jones, Miller played key roles in them winning the championship

Go watch both playoffs and say the bench didn't do anything at all

If bench means nothing, what was the difference between Heat roster both finals?

Battier and Cole. They played on the bench. Battier started when Bosh got hurt

Don't tell me bench means nothing

Redbull
07-22-2012, 02:40 AM
I like the pick up, I would rather have Asik but not for that much money.

EasternStar
07-22-2012, 02:42 AM
Both benches were crucial in Mavs and Heat championship!

Stevenson (Didnt start until Butler got hurt) , Terry, Barea, Peja, Brewer, Cardinal, Mahinmi, Haywood all played key roles at one point in playoffs

Cole, Battier (Didn't even start until playoffs), Haslem, Jones, Miller played key roles in them winning the championship

Go watch both playoffs and say the bench didn't do anything at all

If bench means nothing, what was the difference between Heat roster both finals?

Battier and Cole. They played on the bench. Battier started when Bosh got hurt

Don't tell me bench means nothing
Dallas was a TEAM, players playing effectively together, good point. Miami's bench was god awful in the 2 series against Indiana and Boston. The 3-point shooting came back to life in the Finals against OKC.
Nets bench is good actually. Marshon Brooks, Mirza Teletovic (Europe's best player last year), C.J. Watson (play really well in relief when Rose was injured), Reggie Evans (a really good rebounder), Toko Shoengillia (had one heck of a summer league this year), and potentially Andrei Kirilenko, and backup Center (Millic or Ferensko).
Also, I'm not DoMeFavors (no offense). Also, I actually hope Dallas does good this year and wins a playoff round this year with the good squad they have right now. I don't like making PSD wars by the way.:D

Mcdoh
07-22-2012, 02:57 AM
cheaper

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-22-2012, 03:05 AM
Well looks like this report maybe premature:

@AlexKennedyNBA

Nazr Mohammed met with the Brooklyn Nets today. He's also weighing an offer from the Chicago Bulls. Source says he hasn't made a decision

GREATNESS ONE
07-22-2012, 03:07 AM
Who gets Bynum; Cleveland or Houston ?

sokre07
07-22-2012, 05:02 AM
Check out my new NBA blog guys http://nbakd.blogspot.com/

DitchDat
07-22-2012, 05:34 AM
Decent pickup.

DoMeFavors
07-22-2012, 11:25 AM

Cj Watson,Marshon Brooks,Mizar Tetovic

BradHolt4CYoung
07-22-2012, 12:48 PM

Lol we dont get freakin Nazr Mohammed and all the sudden our bench is in trouble?

We actually have a nice looking bench, still an unfinished product, if we get AK47 our bench would be awesome. And honestly Nazr is not even the best C available...I would prefer Darko or Turiaf.

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-22-2012, 12:54 PM
Lol we dont get freakin Nazr Mohammed and all the sudden our bench is in trouble?

We actually have a nice looking bench, still an unfinished product, if we get AK47 our bench would be awesome. And honestly Nazr is not even the best C available...I would prefer Darko or Turiaf.

Don't even bother, he won't respond to you, he just hates on the Nets and when someone gives him valid information in a rebuttal he ignores it. He knows he can't back up his statements.

JayHunter
07-22-2012, 12:56 PM
Its a better signing than Darko

chicagocubsfan
07-22-2012, 01:18 PM
Have fun with Asik's brick hands Houston.

SouthSideRookie
07-22-2012, 01:25 PM
Have fun with Asik's brick hands Houston.

Houston wants him for what they desperately have been wanting. His salary isn't as bad as it seems, I think it's good value for what Asik will provide.

tr3ymill3r
07-22-2012, 01:32 PM

#MoreySystem

Dammit when you say stuff like that you're going to make Houston fans look like Knick fans, absolutely ********.