PDA

View Full Version : Doan & Nash Is The Plan!

IAmARanger18
07-21-2012, 11:42 PM
Shane Doan took a tour of New York and visited the Rangers’ practice facility on Friday, as reported by The Post on Twitter Sunday.
The Blueshirts are believed a favored landing spot for the veteran free agent left wing if he decides to leave Phoenix even as he hopes against hope that the Coyotes’ ownership situation will solidify itself in the next week or two so that he can sign a multi-year deal that would allow him to complete his career with the only franchise for which he’s played since entering the league in 1995-96.
Know this: It isn’t either Doan or Nash for the Rangers. It is, on Sather’s blueprint, Doan and Nash.
Doan currently has offers on the table from Los Angeles, San Jose, Vancouver, Detroit, Buffalo and Pittsburgh, according to arizonasports.com. Doan’s visit here is the first one he has made since free agency started, the report said. He had 22 goals and 28 assists last year to help lead the Coyotes to the Western Conference finals.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/slapsh...#ixzz21JrLKQIm

Now this is what I like to hear babbbbyyyyyy!! get er done.

rocowear21
07-22-2012, 12:59 AM
I like, i believe this was sather hope plan all along to be honest

Al Trautwig
07-22-2012, 02:41 AM
This would be unreal!! It's exactly what we need and the. Some! I really feel that if we get Nash and pair him with richards or even Stephan he's gunna return to top form and be a dominant force again. And adding doan as well is just juicing our scoring even more along with adding great leadership and a hardworking smart player who can play two ways.

If we signed doan and it came down to it I honestly would have to say ok to adding hagelin into a deal for Nash with say-Dubinsky a 1st pick and a prospect. I know he has big upside but you don't get many chances to pack your team like this to really really make a strong run. It would be worth the price!

Nash-Richards-Gaborik (when returns)
Doan-Stepan-cally/kreider
Anisimov-Boyle-cally/kreider
Pyatt-halpern-rupp

That's nasty-who plays second line cally or kreider?? That's awesome depth

PP
Nash-richards-doan
Gabby-del zotto???

NYSPORTS98
07-22-2012, 08:21 AM
PP
Nash-richards-doan
Gabby-del zotto???

four lefties and one righty.

MJL80
07-22-2012, 08:30 AM
:pray:

nyr1980
07-22-2012, 11:14 AM
That would be ideal. Add 2 wingers and 50-60 goals to the lineup.

Garden Faithful
07-22-2012, 11:30 AM
This would be unreal!! It's exactly what we need and the. Some! I really feel that if we get Nash and pair him with richards or even Stephan he's gunna return to top form and be a dominant force again. And adding doan as well is just juicing our scoring even more along with adding great leadership and a hardworking smart player who can play two ways.

If we signed doan and it came down to it I honestly would have to say ok to adding hagelin into a deal for Nash with say-Dubinsky a 1st pick and a prospect. I know he has big upside but you don't get many chances to pack your team like this to really really make a strong run. It would be worth the price!

Nash-Richards-Gaborik (when returns)
Doan-Stepan-cally/kreider
Anisimov-Boyle-cally/kreider
Pyatt-halpern-rupp

That's nasty-who plays second line cally or kreider?? That's awesome depth

PP
Nash-richards-doan
Gabby-del zotto???

So you're assuming we won't have to give up krieder or Stepan to get him which lead me to believe you're trading Mac to Columbus. Not so sure I want that to happen.

fingerbang
07-22-2012, 11:35 AM
So you're assuming we won't have to give up krieder or Stepan to get him which lead me to believe you're trading Mac to Columbus. Not so sure I want that to happen.

Are you kidding me? We'll be trading Nash for ****** players and if Howson doesn't accept the offer he's an idiot and it's all his fault.

IAmARanger18
07-22-2012, 12:33 PM
Kreider, McDonagh and Stepan are not being moved why do people keep worrying and bringing it up? This is a different era of NYR hockey, yeah years ago we would have traded young talent for an aging start, but not no more. Sather Torts and Clarke believe in these kids and wanna build around them not destroy it. Sather has said MULTIPLE times Stepan, Kreider and McDonagh WILL NOT BE MOVED.

Ch0ZSeN1
07-22-2012, 12:54 PM
As long as we keep Kreider and Hags I'll be happy. Those 2 are going to get the garden rocking!

SportsNY
07-22-2012, 01:57 PM
Getting both of these guys would be awesome. Then when Gaborik is back they'd have a lot of goal scorers.

bsi
07-22-2012, 02:12 PM
Forget any trade that involves Kreider, Stepan, McDonagh, Girardi, Staal, DelZotto and ofcourse Richards, Gaborik, Callahan and Lundqvist, it's just not happening, Sather isn't dealing those guys.

Garden Faithful
07-22-2012, 02:22 PM
My point wasn't to trade one of them but in his proposal we still had two of them leading me to believe we traded the other because Howson isn't trading Nash to the Rangers without getting one of Stepan, Krieder, or Mac.

bsi
07-22-2012, 04:04 PM
My point wasn't to trade one of them but in his proposal we still had two of them leading me to believe we traded the other because Howson isn't trading Nash to the Rangers without getting one of Stepan, Krieder, or Mac.

Howson is gonna have to give in at some point, Nash has a short list of teams he'll go to, Nash wants out of Columbus and really Sather doesn't have to do anything.

nyr1980
07-22-2012, 04:50 PM
Agree Bsi, Howson is near fu***d at this point because he's waited far too long. His best shot at true "max return" was in February. He blew that. He had a second opportunity for "high return" at the draft. He blew that.

He now should be realistic and just be looking for "fair" or "acceptable" return. His opportunity to hit a home run is gone.

And he has on his hands now an unhappy, unsupported star whose asked out, has a full NMC and whom he can't have in camp come September.

And anyone who says that he doesn't have to trade him is a fool. If your best wants out and says so publicly, you can't keep him around.

fingerbang
07-22-2012, 05:23 PM
Agree Bsi, Howson is near fu***d at this point because he's waited far too long. His best shot at true "max return" was in February. He blew that. He had a second opportunity for "high return" at the draft. He blew that.

He now should be realistic and just be looking for "fair" or "acceptable" return. His opportunity to hit a home run is gone.

And he has on his hands now an unhappy, unsupported star whose asked out, has a full NMC and whom he can't have in camp come September.

And anyone who says that he doesn't have to trade him is a fool. If your best wants out and says so publicly, you can't keep him around.

You can make him wait until the deadline and see if his list of teams gets a little bit bigger. Time is on Columbus' side. They can let this drag out as long as they want.

Nash for Dubi++ only makes them worse. I don't wee what's so appealing about making a poor team pooer.

bsi
07-22-2012, 06:27 PM
You can make him wait until the deadline and see if his list of teams gets a little bit bigger. Time is on Columbus' side. They can let this drag out as long as they want.

Nash for Dubi++ only makes them worse. I don't wee what's so appealing about making a poor team pooer.

Well I'm starting to think that Nash's camp will be pushing for a resolution to this before summer's end. They've given Howson all kinds of opportunity to make this happen and he's done nothing with it. If he's not traded by the time the season rolls around Howson runs the risk of starting the season without the players he could have had in a trade as well as being without Nash. He'll hold out, the contract he has is good for a few more years but there's no guarantee he actually shows up. If Howson messes with Nash he'll start publicly knocking teams off his trade list and then Howson will see how bad the trade value is then, Nash and his agent have all kinds of options to pressure Columbus into doing something soon, he could techically also show up for the season and be a total Dud, and continue to lower his value if he wanted, there's really no motivation for him to try and increase his value when the team he's going to is gonna be losing players, and as well Howson hasn't resolved this quick enough so I'm sure his motivation to make Columbus look good is starting to get low.

saintant182
07-22-2012, 07:28 PM
Well I'm starting to think that Nash's camp will be pushing for a resolution to this before summer's end. They've given Howson all kinds of opportunity to make this happen and he's done nothing with it. If he's not traded by the time the season rolls around Howson runs the risk of starting the season without the players he could have had in a trade as well as being without Nash. He'll hold out, the contract he has is good for a few more years but there's no guarantee he actually shows up. If Howson messes with Nash he'll start publicly knocking teams off his trade list and then Howson will see how bad the trade value is then, Nash and his agent have all kinds of options to pressure Columbus into doing something soon, he could techically also show up for the season and be a total Dud, and continue to lower his value if he wanted, there's really no motivation for him to try and increase his value when the team he's going to is gonna be losing players, and as well Howson hasn't resolved this quick enough so I'm sure his motivation to make Columbus look good is starting to get low.

the brutal reality of the situation

nyr2002nyr
07-22-2012, 09:50 PM
the brutal reality of the situation

Howson's job is on the line either way im sure which is why he is trying to hold out for a kings ransom. He is praying a few teams going into a bidding war and offer up a huge trade to get him....How he has a job still im not sure

ReyesRulez
07-23-2012, 07:26 AM

I know this post is you trying to convince yourself that Rick Nash can be had at a reasonable price, but it's a delusion. The dude is under contract until 2019; he has no power whatsoever in this situation. The only mistake Columbus could make is in trading him for less than top value.

Mac isn't going anywhere, but I wouldn't be surprised if Kreider is moved in the trade. I don't know why everyone is so in love with Step, but it's going to take him and then some to make it work. I love how people are saying that Sather doesn't trade young talent, as if that means Nash will magically be available for less than that. Sorry to burst your bubble, but some young talent is going to have to go if you want Rick Nash wearing the good shade of blue.

nyr2002nyr
07-23-2012, 07:47 AM
I know this post is you trying to convince yourself that Rick Nash can be had at a reasonable price, but it's a delusion. The dude is under contract until 2019; he has no power whatsoever in this situation. The only mistake Columbus could make is in trading him for less than top value.

Mac isn't going anywhere, but I wouldn't be surprised if Kreider is moved in the trade. I don't know why everyone is so in love with Step, but it's going to take him and then some to make it work. I love how people are saying that Sather doesn't trade young talent, as if that means Nash will magically be available for less than that. Sorry to burst your bubble, but some young talent is going to have to go if you want Rick Nash wearing the good shade of blue.

Nash has more power then what you think. First off is he limited no trade..second is he is the Teams Capt and is really liked and respected in Col and the drama that will ensue if he is in camp will be awful so nobody wants that. Granted you cant just move him for nothing but truth is he has gotten a few good offers already. I wouldnt trade Kreider straight up for Nash IMO he is Nash 2.0....Younger,faster and wayyyyy cheaper. Slats said Mac and Kreider were untouchable lets hope he sticks to that story. Howson is going to be fired sooner rather then later not really sure how he is still employed at this point.

NYSPORTS98
07-23-2012, 09:47 AM

+1

It's likely going to cost more b/c it's not only a good young player but an inexpensive one when compared to the market.

I'll say it again, IMO, the Rangers should just sit tight and see if these younger players can develop and pull a MDZ. The value of a Hagelin will only increase if he plays better which could be used to bridge the gap for a Nash. The value isn't there yet, so Columbus is going to ask for more bodies.

Unless the Rangers could have stolen Weber, likely for draft picks which preserve the kids, I'd would just sit. Especially with a CBA which not get resolved until Dec/Jan. (Gabby should be back around then)

Finally, this team offensively should be able to win without Gabby. If they can't win without Gabby, guess what?, the kids aren't that good then. Why would Columbus settle for these kids then? In reality, the kids need to step up and I believe they will. These cards need to be played for 4-6 years and not for Dec of 2012 through the playoffs of 2013.

nyr2002nyr
07-23-2012, 09:56 AM
+1

It's likely going to cost more b/c it's not only a good young player but an inexpensive one when compared to the market.

I'll say it again, IMO, the Rangers should just sit tight and see if these younger players can develop and pull a MDZ. The value of a Hagelin will only increase if he plays better which could be used to bridge the gap for a Nash. The value isn't there yet, so Columbus is going to ask for more bodies.

Unless the Rangers could have stolen Weber, likely for draft picks which preserve the kids, I'd would just sit. Especially with a CBA which not get resolved until Dec/Jan. (Gabby should be back around then)

Finally, this team offensively should be able to win without Gabby. If they can't win without Gabby, guess what?, the kids aren't that good then. Why would Columbus settle for these kids then? In reality, the kids need to step up and I believe they will. These cards need to be played for 4-6 years and not for Dec of 2012 through the playoffs of 2013.

WTF we agree?

With the way the CBA is looking Gabby might not miss much time at ll if any. Krieder will help as well and i cant see Duby having another year like last so that will also help.

NYSPORTS98
07-23-2012, 10:05 AM
WTF we agree?

With the way the CBA is looking Gabby might not miss much time at ll if any. Krieder will help as well and i cant see Duby having another year like last so that will also help.

I believe we both make sense so long as we read the entire posts without responding with emotion to just one mis-perceived part. :)

bsi
07-23-2012, 01:48 PM

Nash has the power, he has a ntc and a bank full of money, he doesn't have to play next year at all. Howson had his chance at the trade deadline to get high value for Nash but he blew it. He's gonna get put into a bind here soon if he doesn't do something soon. I'm not trying to convince myself of anything, I'm perfectly comfortable with the team and young players we have in our system. Nash is a real player, and yet Howson hasn't had any offers he thinks is suitable? There's a reason he's still there, and that's because Howson is unrealistic in his asking price. The comparable trade is Kovalchuk, Atlanta at the time got Johnny Oduya, Patrice Cormier, Nicklas Bergfors and a 1st in exchange for Kovalchuk and Annsi Salmela. There's not a player in that deal that went to Atlanta worth trading any of McDonagh, Kreider, etc etc. If Howson got Dubi, McIlrath, Hagelin and a 1st he'd be making out like a bandit compared to Atlanta. Also, it was reported before the deadline that Nash had narrowed his team down to just us, and if I'm a betting man I'm betting that it's only us, pitsburgh and Philly in on him at this point.

fingerbang
07-23-2012, 02:09 PM
Nash has the power, he has a ntc and a bank full of money, he doesn't have to play next year at all. Howson had his chance at the trade deadline to get high value for Nash but he blew it. He's gonna get put into a bind here soon if he doesn't do something soon. I'm not trying to convince myself of anything, I'm perfectly comfortable with the team and young players we have in our system. Nash is a real player, and yet Howson hasn't had any offers he thinks is suitable? There's a reason he's still there, and that's because Howson is unrealistic in his asking price. The comparable trade is Kovalchuk, Atlanta at the time got Johnny Oduya, Patrice Cormier, Nicklas Bergfors and a 1st in exchange for Kovalchuk and Annsi Salmela. There's not a player in that deal that went to Atlanta worth trading any of McDonagh, Kreider, etc etc. If Howson got Dubi, McIlrath, Hagelin and a 1st he'd be making out like a bandit compared to Atlanta. Also, it was reported before the deadline that Nash had narrowed his team down to just us, and if I'm a betting man I'm betting that it's only us, pitsburgh and Philly in on him at this point.

C'mon BSI, you know better than to compare it to the Kovy trade. That involved an expiring contract.

The reason he's still there is because Howson doesn't think he has to cave. If he felt that he had to trade him right away for the fear of him sitting out he would have.

IAmARanger18
07-23-2012, 02:12 PM
We need to have one more meeting with Doan to convince him NY is better to play in then Pittsburgh, he is meeting/or met with them today and he said he has always wanted to play in Pitt. We NEED to get him here, just for the right price, 2 years no more than 12M

fingerbang
07-23-2012, 02:16 PM
Here he comes.

Garden Faithful
07-23-2012, 02:23 PM
Per Darren Dregger

Rick Nash trade to New York Rangers in process now. Details to follow.

Will be multiple players involved in Nash trade to NYR. Contracts are being reviewed, etc. All to be done before trade call.

Well Sather got what he wants I hope it works out and we don't lose to much.

Toon88
07-23-2012, 03:40 PM
Nash is on board now and now the Rangers need to go get Doan. Hopefully this will enegize the power play which was just horrible last year. Rangers didn't give up much for Nash Duby, Arty, Erixon and a 1st round. The Rangers got a 3rd in return. Really great deal get to keep the kids like Kreider, Thomas, McIirath, MDZ and McDonagh.

bsi
07-23-2012, 05:06 PM
C'mon BSI, you know better than to compare it to the Kovy trade. That involved an expiring contract.

The reason he's still there is because Howson doesn't think he has to cave. If he felt that he had to trade him right away for the fear of him sitting out he would have.

Nash is ours for just Dubi, Ansimov, Erixon and a pick...I know Howson didn't wait this long to get that for a deal, the pressure I was talking about came to a head today, and he took a much lesser deal than he wanted. The deal I was offering Dubi, Hagelin, McIlrath and a first is pretty much the exact trade.

IAmARanger18
07-23-2012, 05:29 PM
How get Doan!!!

Dreger said Doan is "very interested" in playing in NY

bsi
07-23-2012, 06:45 PM

What was that again??? I knew he'd crack to the pressure, Nash held the cards here as I said. Thanks for TRYING to burst my bubble, but I'm a little too informed to be having it burst so easy. We totally stole Nash and didn't give up any of the players I mentioned we wouldn't be trading. Chalk another one up for BSI. :burn:

ShadyOne
07-23-2012, 06:50 PM
What was that again??? I knew he'd crack to the pressure, Nash held the cards here as I said. Thanks for TRYING to burst my bubble, but I'm a little too informed to be having it burst so easy. We totally stole Nash and didn't give up any of the players I mentioned we wouldn't be trading. Chalk another one up for BSI. :burn:

Haha..

Was going to make a post somewhere along these lines, but you already did, so I'll just add on. I thought our pieces weren't enough, including the fact that Howson didn't want any D-men..

Oh wait, isn't Erixon a D-man?

Or how this was going to drag out into the season, trade deadline, etc...because Howson didn't HAVE to do anything, he was willing to wait it out. Oh wait, that was a lie, too...

bsi
07-23-2012, 07:00 PM
Haha..

Was going to make a post somewhere along these lines, but you already did, so I'll just add on. I thought our pieces weren't enough, including the fact that Howson didn't want any D-men..

Oh wait, isn't Erixon a D-man?

Or how this was going to drag out into the season, trade deadline, etc...because Howson didn't HAVE to do anything, he was willing to wait it out. Oh wait, that was a lie, too...

My last post is so unlike me but something about being told I was in some sort of fantasy world that needed it's bubble bursted by someone who doesn't know much about me kinda irked me.

MJL80
07-23-2012, 07:02 PM

:clap:

ShadyOne
07-23-2012, 07:03 PM
My last post is so unlike me but something about being told I was in some sort of fantasy world that needed it's bubble bursted by someone who doesn't know much about me kinda irked me.

I hear that..

Same here, never usually make posts like this. Just that when no matter the point you make, someone tells you that basically you have no idea what you are talking about, well, makes you almost have to say "I told you so"..

Besides, didn't you know "scoring" internet points on a message board makes you a boss, or at least something like a boss..

ReyesRulez
07-23-2012, 09:19 PM

Please, son, Nash held no cards. He's under contract for seven more years. That's called "I hold no cards." It just happens that the GM of the Blue Jackets is as bad a GM as you are.

I'm happy we got away with murder, but there was no reason for the Jackets to just give him away like this. Only a ****ing idiot would have made this trade, or expected it.

nyr2002nyr
07-23-2012, 09:23 PM
Please, son, Nash held no cards. He's under contract for seven more years. That's called "I hold no cards." It just happens that the GM of the Blue Jackets is as bad a GM as you are.

I'm happy we got away with murder, but there was no reason for the Jackets to just give him away like this. Only a ****ing idiot would have made this trade, or expected it.

So everyone agrees Nash had more power but you lol.

bsi
07-23-2012, 10:05 PM

If Howson had so much control over the situation why did he drag this on for months only to get bent over the couch by Sather. You don't make any sense whatsoever, you say there's absolutely no reason for Howson to give him away, other than the fact that HE's an idiot and that Howson had control over the situation. Nash had the cards, if not he'd have been traded for more a long time ago, as it was Howson had a short list of teams he could trade to and an unhappy player not likely willing to start the season with his team regardless of how long he was signed for. How is Howson holding any cards here???? It's obvious that he didn't have any choice but to take what he could get. Nash was in control of his own destiny from the start, it was him that said he wanted out because he didn't want to be part of a rebuild and it was him who told Howson who he could speak with in regards to a trade, Howson was just reaching for whatever he could get and thankfully it wasn't you offering it because we would have unessesarily lost some big pieces of our team.You're the only one wanting to unecessarily give them Kreider or Stepan.....only a ****ing idiot would have offered more considering the situation, gimme a break, you don't know what you are talking about SON, I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

ReyesRulez
07-23-2012, 10:50 PM
If Howson had so much control over the situation why did he drag this on for months only to get bent over the couch by Sather. You don't make any sense whatsoever, you say there's absolutely no reason for Howson to give him away, other than the fact that HE's an idiot and that Howson had control over the situation. Nash had the cards, if not he'd have been traded for more a long time ago, as it was Howson had a short list of teams he could trade to and an unhappy player not likely willing to start the season with his team regardless of how long he was signed for. How is Howson holding any cards here???? It's obvious that he didn't have any choice but to take what he could get. Nash was in control of his own destiny from the start, it was him that said he wanted out because he didn't want to be part of a rebuild and it was him who told Howson who he could speak with in regards to a trade, Howson was just reaching for whatever he could get and thankfully it wasn't you offering it because we would have unessesarily lost some big pieces of our team.You're the only one wanting to unecessarily give them Kreider or Stepan.....only a ****ing idiot would have offered more considering the situation, gimme a break, you don't know what you are talking about SON, I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Wow, let me try to sort this this text-brick of trollness and see what I can get...

You're still not saying how or why he had leverage, you just keep trollpeating that did have leverage. It doesn't ****ing matter why he says he didn't want to stay. You bring that up as if it's relevant.

The fact is that his contract runs through 2019, so the Blue Jackets had until them to move him. There was no hurry. What was Nash going to do, hold out for six years? C'mon, nobody is stupid enough to believe that.

Columbus had all the power, and they choked. Either they overvalued what we offered, or they put pressure on themselves to end the mess before the season, and in either case they got it wrong. Had they held on until the deadline, Nash would have been desperate to leave, teams would have been desperate to take him, and the Rangers--having seen what this current crew is capable of, for good or ill--would have been more likely to pull the trigger. Remember what Torts said last year after the trade didn't happen. "We don't know what this group is capable of. We want to find out." Well, now they know, and know they want to make a deal happen. They've even made it clear that Nash is a priority, and Howson still didn't get the job done.

What we have here is a case of poor team management by Howson, nothing more.

That said, I've never been happier to be wrong about something in my life.

bsi
07-23-2012, 11:15 PM
Wow, let me try to sort this this text-brick of trollness and see what I can get...

You're still not saying how or why he had leverage, you just keep trollpeating that did have leverage. It doesn't ****ing matter why he says he didn't want to stay. You bring that up as if it's relevant.

The fact is that his contract runs through 2019, so the Blue Jackets had until them to move him. There was no hurry. What was Nash going to do, hold out for six years? C'mon, nobody is stupid enough to believe that.

Columbus had all the power, and they choked. Either they overvalued what we offered, or they put pressure on themselves to end the mess before the season, and in either case they got it wrong. Had they held on until the deadline, Nash would have been desperate to leave, teams would have been desperate to take him, and the Rangers--having seen what this current crew is capable of, for good or ill--would have been more likely to pull the trigger. Remember what Torts said last year after the trade didn't happen. "We don't know what this group is capable of. We want to find out." Well, now they know, and know they want to make a deal happen. They've even made it clear that Nash is a priority, and Howson still didn't get the job done.

What we have here is a case of poor team management by Howson, nothing more.

That said, I've never been happier to be wrong about something in my life.

I don't know how you can't understand that I've already explained that Nash had leverage for a multiple of reasons.... A) He had a no trade clause that stipulated that he could pick where he wanted to be traded too and it's not like he's some kid out of highschool with no money, he could sit around as long as he wanted. B) Columbus couldn't go into next season with things the way they were as they are already behind in their rebuild, and running the risk of Nash hanging around doing nothing and lowering his value or worse not even playing wasn't going to help their trade demands. C) He gave them plenty of time to do this, his list of teams to be traded to was a lot longer when this whole fiasco started and he's since knocked teams off his list and if they kept him any longer the list was about to get smaller and smaller leaving Howson with less and less options for a trade. After they past the last trade deadline they pulled their pants down, his value was never gonna get any higher than it was at the previous trade deadline, keeping him around next year was never an option, this thing has been going on for too long now. Especially since we paraded Doan around our team facility this week, it's no surprise that things escalated after that, Howson was seeing one of the limited offers he was allowed to get for his player slipping away. Only a clown would think Howson could keep Nash around for the next 6 years, he was never gonna get to next season, they already wasted one season dealing with this. I don't have a clue why everyone else understands this but you, and the proof of all of this is in the trade that has just happened, a trade that wasn't unlike what I had said they should offer. Also, as far as you saying I was trolling it's not my M.O and everyone around here knows that. Just so you are aware you said,:crazy: " Sorry to burst your bubble, but some young talent is going to have to go if you want Rick Nash wearing the good shade of blue" and yet here we are, with Rick Nash in blue and Stepan, Kreider, McDonagh all still with the Rangers. I don't know why you are even arguing this, it's pretty black and white here.:crazy:

nyr2002nyr
07-24-2012, 07:22 AM
I don't know how you can't understand that I've already explained that Nash had leverage for a multiple of reasons.... A) He had a no trade clause that stipulated that he could pick where he wanted to be traded too and it's not like he's some kid out of highschool with no money, he could sit around as long as he wanted. B) Columbus couldn't go into next season with things the way they were as they are already behind in their rebuild, and running the risk of Nash hanging around doing nothing and lowering his value or worse not even playing wasn't going to help their trade demands. C) He gave them plenty of time to do this, his list of teams to be traded to was a lot longer when this whole fiasco started and he's since knocked teams off his list and if they kept him any longer the list was about to get smaller and smaller leaving Howson with less and less options for a trade. After they past the last trade deadline they pulled their pants down, his value was never gonna get any higher than it was at the previous trade deadline, keeping him around next year was never an option, this thing has been going on for too long now. Especially since we paraded Doan around our team facility this week, it's no surprise that things escalated after that, Howson was seeing one of the limited offers he was allowed to get for his player slipping away. Only a clown would think Howson could keep Nash around for the next 6 years, he was never gonna get to next season, they already wasted one season dealing with this. I don't have a clue why everyone else understands this but you, and the proof of all of this is in the trade that has just happened, a trade that wasn't unlike what I had said they should offer. Also, as far as you saying I was trolling it's not my M.O and everyone around here knows that. Just so you are aware you said,:crazy: " Sorry to burst your bubble, but some young talent is going to have to go if you want Rick Nash wearing the good shade of blue" and yet here we are, with Rick Nash in blue and Stepan, Kreider, McDonagh all still with the Rangers. I don't know why you are even arguing this, it's pretty black and white here.:crazy:
+

And add in the PR drama that would have ensued had he have to go to camp with the rest of the team knowing he didnt want to play in Col and that the team has been trying to trade him it would have been ugly

beast023
07-25-2012, 01:12 PM
even if he held out for the first month or so of the season, not having nash or the players traded for him out on the ice would likely sink their season cus the west is pretty competitive and the jackets kinda suck

messleetch94
07-25-2012, 02:16 PM
I dont think Nash held any cards. Not sure what the offer was, but I'm sure Detroit s was a better offer. But there was no way Howson was going to trade him with in the division. Philly pretty much took themselves out of the running by making the offer to Weber. San jose wasnt going to part with Logan Couture. Howson decided it was probably best to trade him out off the conference. Nash had to go before training camp. Sather held firm and got his man.

bsi
07-25-2012, 06:07 PM
I dont think Nash held any cards. Not sure what the offer was, but I'm sure Detroit s was a better offer. But there was no way Howson was going to trade him with in the division. Philly pretty much took themselves out of the running by making the offer to Weber. San jose wasnt going to part with Logan Couture. Howson decided it was probably best to trade him out off the conference. Nash had to go before training camp. Sather held firm and got his man.

If he didn't Howson could have entertained offers from teams that really wanted him including Edmonton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Washington, Florida etc etc and they could have had a bidding war for him, as it was he was limited in the teams he could trade to and even more limited because he didn't want to trade him to two of them, Detroit and San Jose.

nyr2002nyr
07-25-2012, 09:59 PM
If he didn't Howson could have entertained offers from teams that really wanted him including Edmonton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Washington, Florida etc etc and they could have had a bidding war for him, as it was he was limited in the teams he could trade to and even more limited because he didn't want to trade him to two of them, Detroit and San Jose.

Ding ding ding we have a winner

Nail meet head

apdamico
07-26-2012, 07:36 PM
So if we could actually land Doan, what would be the lineup?

1st LINE: Nash/Richards/Doan (Gabby, when he returns)

2nd LINE: Kreider/Stepan/Callahan (Doan moving down to replace Callahan when Gabby returns because he can play either Wing)

3rd LINE: Hagelin/Boyle/Callahan (Obviously, we need a right wing for this line until Gabby returns. Pyatt is the likely choice, if he can play the right side for a couple months. Tough moving the team's Captain down to the 3rd line after Gabby's return, but with this type of depth, we almost have to for a couple years, if Doan is signed)

4th LINE: Pyatt/Halpren/Ashem (Rupp would play LW until Gabby returns and the triggling down effect occurs) After that Rupp, Ashem and even Bickel would alternate at RW depending on which ever one isn't in the box - lol!

This provides outstanding depth and that's without factoring in any young forwards such as Miller, Hrivik, Bourque, Kolarik, Fast, Haley etc.

Defensemen:

McDonagh/Girardi
Staal/Stralman (Sauer on the Right when he returns)
Del Zotto/Bickel (Stralman on the Right when Sauer return or we obtain Boyle)

Of course, I know many of you will disagree with moving Callahan down to the 3rd line and some will disagree and have both left-handed Staal and Del Zotto as the 2nd defensive pairing.

If we don't sign Doan, it wouldn't be the end of the world, but our team sure would be much stronger and have outstanding depth with him.

Packaging Hagelin and some prospects for RW Ryan likely wouldn't work since the Ducks are demanding a 2nd line center in return for Ryan and we just can't afford to trade Stepan and move Boyle up to the 2nd line. Miller might be ready to work on the 3rd line, but I think having to include Stepan in any Ryan trade would be counter-productive.

Additionally, obtaining D Dan Boyle may still be in the cards, even with today's re-signing of Stralman. He certainly would look great at the right point on the PP and team up nicely with Staal on the 2nd pairing. Sauer is still hopefully the future 2nd line Defensemen with Staal!

Isca92
07-27-2012, 12:07 PM
Ive been thinking about this for the past couple of days, is Doan really worth it with the contract (dollars and terms) hes looking for? As many have said 2 years is whered they be safe, but hes reportedly lookly for 4. Now if Semin just got 7, its not out of the question to think Doan's salary is going to be in the same boat atleast this season and declining.

Im happy with the top 8 forwards, Nash, Richards, Gaborik, Cally, Kreider, Stepan, Hagelin (still cant believe he wasnt in the Nash deal) and Boyle. I know Gaborik isn't going to be starting the season, but that gives one of the kids a shot at landing a roster spot. IF were not strong enough there is always the option of a rental player at the deadline.

Jagr would be a great scoring punch to add at the deadline (assuming Dallas will be out of the race at that point) , may be hard without a first round pick but as proven again
that cigar smoking bastard knows how to trade.

apdamico
07-27-2012, 02:19 PM
Ive been thinking about this for the past couple of days, is Doan really worth it with the contract (dollars and terms) hes looking for? As many have said 2 years is whered they be safe, but hes reportedly lookly for 4. Now if Semin just got 7, its not out of the question to think Doan's salary is going to be in the same boat atleast this season and declining.

Im happy with the top 8 forwards, Nash, Richards, Gaborik, Cally, Kreider, Stepan, Hagelin (still cant believe he wasnt in the Nash deal) and Boyle. I know Gaborik isn't going to be starting the season, but that gives one of the kids a shot at landing a roster spot. IF were not strong enough there is always the option of a rental player at the deadline.

Jagr would be a great scoring punch to add at the deadline (assuming Dallas will be out of the race at that point) , may be hard without a first round pick but as proven again
that cigar smoking bastard knows how to trade.

Isca92, Sather certainly did puff some smoke up Howson's ***** in the Nash trade. I can't believe we have Hagelin either, but with both discussed AA's potential versus Hagelin.

With Stralman now locked up until 2014 and Sauer reportedly making tremendous progress, we seem set for this coming season after re-signing MDZ.

I believe Doan's price is now too high also and I certainly wouldn't sign him for more than 2-years, plus we do have some great young prospects left to fill in should there be injuries. Of course I'd also like to see at least one or two of them make the jump up this season, but with our current depth it won't be an easy task!

bsi
07-27-2012, 03:04 PM
I'm out of the Doan sweeps....the price is too high if this is what's expected. I like the player, but 4 years at that money doesn't make sense for a guy his age. A fair deal for everyone would be a 4 year 20 mill with Doan getting a big chunk of it up front. I really don't think I want him hanging around collecting that type of money when he's 39. Asking for over 7 million when he's 39 is rediculous. I'm sure Philly will give it to him though, or Buffalo.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=401580

Isca92
07-27-2012, 07:36 PM
BSI, I was on the fence until the 4 years 30 million has been said by alot people. I kinda expected him to want his retirement package, didn't know if he would try to "Hossa-it" around til he got the cup. Even though Hossa on his third team signed a long term deal.

Im sure a team will give it to him. If they don't have a deep prospect/young player pool then why not. They have to many keepers on their current roster (Nash, Richards, Cally, most likely Kreider, Steps, maybe even Hag, still have to prove themselves). But to lock up another player for 4 years does not seem smart to me. They take away any chance of resigning Gaborik, if Doan is signed for that long. I dont have him on a keeper because I feel his contract will depend on what hes looking for in terms and dollars, Along with what the cap situation looks like with ceiling (it cant rise forever) and other players resigned.

bsi
07-27-2012, 10:31 PM
BSI, I was on the fence until the 4 years 30 million has been said by alot people. I kinda expected him to want his retirement package, didn't know if he would try to "Hossa-it" around til he got the cup. Even though Hossa on his third team signed a long term deal.

Im sure a team will give it to him. If they don't have a deep prospect/young player pool then why not. They have to many keepers on their current roster (Nash, Richards, Cally, most likely Kreider, Steps, maybe even Hag, still have to prove themselves). But to lock up another player for 4 years does not seem smart to me. They take away any chance of resigning Gaborik, if Doan is signed for that long. I dont have him on a keeper because I feel his contract will depend on what hes looking for in terms and dollars, Along with what the cap situation looks like with ceiling (it cant rise forever) and other players resigned.

Ya, I agree. The problem is that this is a retirement package that a 35 year old Sidney Crosby would ask for, not Shane Doan. His asking price is rediculous.

Isca92
07-28-2012, 01:10 AM
Bsi, while I agree in theory with what your saying, the current free agent market has raised his value significantly. Jagr getting 4.55 at 40 doesnt help. I could see a team doing 3 year for 20, 5 mill signing bonus 3 years at 5 a year. 2 years 15. I could see a larger signing bonus so he gets paid regardless of CBA. Now add in salary role back.

I forget where I read it but someone suggested hes saying he wants that to get teams off his back while waiting even longer then todays "deadline" for coyotes ownership. It makes sense, because he can always say ok ive decided coyotes are no longer an option and im really looking for lower $$ and terms, someone will jump. Hes got enough teams interested that someone will still have a whole when he decides its time to sign a contract. They say he loves it there, hes never left before and I think rather then have the organization move, he can go where he wants, if he has to move.

bsi
07-28-2012, 05:25 AM
Bsi, while I agree in theory with what your saying, the current free agent market has raised his value significantly. Jagr getting 4.55 at 40 doesnt help. I could see a team doing 3 year for 20, 5 mill signing bonus 3 years at 5 a year. 2 years 15. I could see a larger signing bonus so he gets paid regardless of CBA. Now add in salary role back.

I forget where I read it but someone suggested hes saying he wants that to get teams off his back while waiting even longer then todays "deadline" for coyotes ownership. It makes sense, because he can always say ok ive decided coyotes are no longer an option and im really looking for lower $$ and terms, someone will jump. Hes got enough teams interested that someone will still have a whole when he decides its time to sign a contract. They say he loves it there, hes never left before and I think rather then have the organization move, he can go where he wants, if he has to move.

Ya I have no problem paying him close to 7 for the first two years, but the last two years should be a discount. I actually have no problem with Jagr's payday, that's the max a 40 year old should make, and if someone were to get the max at 40 it'd be him or ofcourse Selanne. Doan isn't either of those guys, I like him but he's being gready here, I don't really see any way he'll produce like Jagr did at 39.

nyr1980
07-28-2012, 03:23 PM
If the money and term are what we're hearing on Doan is what it is, I'd like to see them pass on him.

Just stand pat with what they've already done, bring back MDZ, and look to make an addition in January or February at the deadline.

I'm getting the feeling that Iginla will be available as a rental this winter and as he's carrying an expiring contract, I bet he can be gotten for a reasonable price. Maybe a 2nd rounder and a decent, not top flight, prospect. And there would be no long term commitment with him, where as Doan is wanting 3-4 years and $5-7 mil per it looks like.

As much as I like Doan, Iginla has always been, and still is, the better player. He's also a year younger than Doan.

YankeeFanAlways
07-28-2012, 06:01 PM
What would a take-it-or-leave-it offer of 9-10 mil per year for 2 yrs do to our cap?