PDA

View Full Version : What felton actually said... In context..

knickfan33
07-21-2012, 08:27 PM
I am a competitor, Felton said. I am a point guard just like he is, so do I think I am better? Of course, I am going to say that. I think I am better than any point guard. Thats the way I am supposed to think.

justinnum1
07-21-2012, 08:28 PM
I am a competitor, Felton said. I am a point guard just like he is, so do I think I am better? Of course, I am going to say that. I think I am better than any point guard. Thats the way I am supposed to think.

speaking of context, care to say who felton thought he was better than?

Aust
07-21-2012, 08:28 PM
Thank you for clearing that up Knick fan :worthy:

Hunter48MVP
07-21-2012, 08:29 PM

Steve Blake

D12 fan
07-21-2012, 08:30 PM
Knicks fans are funny lmao.

knickfan33
07-21-2012, 08:31 PM

jeremy lin

justinnum1
07-21-2012, 08:34 PM
jeremy lin

well in that case, i agree. but he also said this in the NYtimes article

I think Im better than any point guard, Felton said.

knickfan33
07-21-2012, 08:36 PM

i believe its the same inerveiw, but now people are pulling that one part of his statement out of context and maing him sound like an arrogant dick.. when he actually sid exactly whta you would hear from pretty much any athlete when asked

Wade>You
07-21-2012, 08:37 PM
Other OP sure took it out of context. Nothing wrong w/ what Felton said.

eternal slumber
07-21-2012, 08:43 PM
thanks for the clear up.

knickfan33
07-21-2012, 08:43 PM

read my first post, your doing it right now, taking one part of his statement out of context, when you see the whole thing you understand what he's actually talking about his mentality and how he approaches the game.. he's not just coming out and saying "im better then any pg"

knickfan33
07-21-2012, 08:59 PM
Gotta love Knicks fans,they defend their players with pride.:laugh:

yeah pride.... it comes with being a fan of a team, not picking one good player and following him wherver he goes... is that dwight in an LA jersey in your avater?

seikou8
07-21-2012, 09:00 PM
some of you guys are fat and old and living with your mom. felton can fat but still get more girls and have money then all of psd that's the truth. you guys expect to not defend our players come on.

ink
07-21-2012, 09:01 PM

This deserves its own thread because PSD is notorious for taking people's quotes out of context and then having childish debates for hundreds of posts over something that wasn't even said.

Felton didn't say anything any competitor wouldn't say.

ink
07-21-2012, 09:02 PM

This.

NYkillaPriest
07-21-2012, 09:07 PM

any point guard, just read instead of trying to bash him

WhiteSoxGod
07-21-2012, 09:12 PM
So it's juvenile to laugh at ignorance? No wonder the NBA forum is a ****ing joke. I will say it again having a thread to defend the Hamburgler is moronic and asinine. Raymond Felton doesn't deserve his own thread. In all reality, he doesn't deserve hos own roster spot either.

5ass
07-21-2012, 09:13 PM

i didnt take anything out of context, the writer of the article i posted did.

D12 fan
07-21-2012, 09:14 PM
So it's juvenile to laugh at ignorance? No wonder the NBA forum is a ****ing joke. I will say it again having a thread to defend the Hamburgler is moronic and asinine. Raymond Felton doesn't deserve his own thread. In all reality, he doesn't deserve hos own roster spot either.

Agreed he deleted mine to bro.

WhiteSoxGod
07-21-2012, 09:18 PM

No he really didn't. The fact that Felton said anything at all is stupid. Ask anyone in Portland what they think about the Hamburgler.

The fact he thinks he is better than ANY point guard is so laughable it makes my nuts hurt. We will see next year when he spends more time in the Burger King Drive thru then on the court in the playoffs.

ink
07-21-2012, 09:23 PM

This post is juvenile. You're not even talking about the topic, you just want to call Felton fat. That is pretty dumb. Sorry. The post deserved to be deleted.

Do you have anything useful to say about the topic or are you just drooling at opportunities to misrepresent players?

ink
07-21-2012, 09:24 PM

You took one phrase out of a complete idea. Felton explained exactly what he meant, which is that as a competitor he has to believe in himself.

Simple.

D12 fan
07-21-2012, 09:27 PM
You took one phrase out of a complete idea. Felton explained exactly what he meant, which is that as a competitor he has to believe in himself.

Simple.

Why was mine deleted?

Chronz
07-21-2012, 09:27 PM
So when players were saying Kobe was the best in the league, what they were truly saying was they werent competitive?

smith&wesson
07-21-2012, 09:38 PM
nothing wrong with what he said. if i was in the nba i wouldnt admit to any one being better then me.

felton was a good pick up for new york. he can play off the ball which compliments melo. when he does have the ball its great news for amare because those two showed great chemistry playing together.

it may end up being the best basketball decision as well for the knicks. plus kidd as backup is not too shabby either.

WhiteSoxGod
07-21-2012, 09:57 PM
This post is juvenile. You're not even talking about the topic, you just want to call Felton fat. That is pretty dumb. Sorry. The post deserved to be deleted.

Do you have anything useful to say about the topic or are you just drooling at opportunities to misrepresent players?

So because YOU believe it is misrepresenting players that means it is? I think you should take a look at other posts that are far more juvenile. Every day I see posts that are non-nonsensical, asinine and, to use your word...dumb.

Raymond "The Hamburgler" Felton is fat. If I want to make fun of his fatness, as he is the topic, it does relate. AND according to the little rules I agreed to adhere to 6 years ago does not violate PSD (unless the Hamburgler suddenly becomes a poster/member on this site).

NEXT, I didn't misrepresent anything. Actually by not extracting the meaning of what he said is a worse misrepresentation than anything said here about him. His words were and I am quoting the Hamburgler himself on this

I think Im better than any point guard. Thats the way Im supposed to think." No you fat ****ing dickface you're not. You're supposed to look in the mirror realize you're a fat ****ing blob of shittiness and lose some weight. Not think "I'm better than any point guard". WTF would make you think, what evidence do you have?????

So how dare you sir question my making fun of the Hamburgler as (off-topic) I could have sworn he was the topic. THEN to say I'm misrepresenting no I am going off his words. Quit trying to spin everything to put **** in a good light. Sometimes it is what it is.

Vintage
07-21-2012, 10:11 PM
I was watching the game and Felton didn't say anything out of line.

This is a non story people.

He said that in his mind he has to see himself as the best. It's what pushes him to keep up with everyone else.

Nothing wrong with that.

Move on you negative nancies

5ass
07-21-2012, 10:26 PM

Simple.

again, it wasnt me. I wasnt there when Felton said that phrase. I read it off an article, the article had no mention of anything else Felton said.

Do you get it now?

ink
07-21-2012, 10:28 PM
again, it wasnt me. I wasnt there when Felton said that phrase. I read it off an article, the article had no mention of anything else Felton said.

Do you get it now?

Quote him completely. Otherwise it just becomes another PSD hate fest.

5ass
07-21-2012, 10:28 PM
I still think what Felton said was dumb though, this guy is coming off a season where he got fat and lazy. Should he really be saying this? If anything he should say "I will set out to prove that im the best PG in the game." which is fine.

5ass
07-21-2012, 10:30 PM
Quote him completely. Otherwise it just becomes another PSD hate fest.

Again, what I quoted was all that was mentioned in the article. I recognize my mistake of not digging for more info, but who actually does that for something not really worth it. Its not my fault some fans are too sensitive.

Evolution23
07-21-2012, 10:36 PM
You guys sound so dumb now that the REAL quote came out.

j-bay
07-21-2012, 10:54 PM
No i think he meant he better the Walt Frazier JK

Blazers#1Fan
07-21-2012, 11:07 PM
i liked felton alot until he came to portland fat overweight and didnt care bout anything but Feltons stats and he sucked i hope he doesnt do anything in NYK so everybody can see the true him he's trash and once fans start bad mouthing him he starts bad mouthing the whole fan base which is why i dont like him and it sucks cuz i was a huge fan until he started running his mouth!

Blazers#1Fan
07-21-2012, 11:09 PM

i think he meant he was the best basketball player since MJ......Marlon Jackson lol

ink
07-21-2012, 11:11 PM
I still think what Felton said was dumb though, this guy is coming off a season where he got fat and lazy. Should he really be saying this? If anything he should say "I will set out to prove that im the best PG in the game." which is fine.

I have no problem with an athlete challenging himself. It's only fans who like to waste time worrying about what misquoted players say. :cool:

Kashmir13579
07-21-2012, 11:15 PM
Honestly, who cares what Felton said?

j-bay
07-21-2012, 11:16 PM
i think he meant he was the best basketball player since MJ......Marlon Jackson lol

No Mike James

sharqstealth
07-21-2012, 11:19 PM

Mario Chalmers

DoMeFavors
07-21-2012, 11:25 PM
Just like I said with Lin you cant win a championship with Raymond Felton, but he is better than Lin.

javsvt
07-21-2012, 11:45 PM
It's funny that you guys are arguing this topic. One guy took the quote and took it way to serious. So what he believes he is the best PG in the league, is that gonna make you people lose sleep?:rolleyes:

Blazers#1Fan
07-22-2012, 12:04 AM
No Mike James

Who Mike Jones!

Blazers#1Fan
07-22-2012, 12:05 AM
It's funny that you guys are arguing this topic. One guy took the quote and took it way to serious. So what he believes he is the best PG in the league, is that gonna make you people lose sleep?:rolleyes:

no him back on the blazers i would though lol

otrojilipoya
07-22-2012, 12:08 AM

I would hope Felton can beat a 72 year old in a pick up game.

C-Wick925
07-22-2012, 12:09 AM
"What felton actually said"

"CHeeese sticks"

Evolution23
07-22-2012, 12:20 AM
"What felton actually said"

"CHeeese sticks"

Fish Sticks

WhiteSoxGod
07-22-2012, 12:39 AM
What the Hamburgler actually said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoY_Fahp_Qc

oak2455
07-22-2012, 12:44 AM
Knicks fans are funny lmao.

yet your a fan of how many teams:facepalm: #clownage:o

oak2455
07-22-2012, 12:46 AM
it's funny how ppl make fun of this guys weight, yet most are on here all times of the day ......strong hands :) so funny!!!!

WhiteSoxGod
07-22-2012, 02:40 AM
it's funny how ppl make fun of this guys weight, yet most are on here all times of the day ......strong hands :) so funny!!!!

Yeah but we're not getting paid millions of dollars to post on here, nor am I making statements like "I'm the best poster on Pro Sports Daily. Even though it is obvious that I am.

But I only have 7,200 posts in 6 years so maybe someone who has more posts could give more insight.

P.S. The Hamburgler is STILL a fat ***. :D

Evolution23
07-22-2012, 03:00 AM
Yeah but we're not getting paid millions of dollars to post on here, nor am I making statements like "I'm the best poster on Pro Sports Daily. Even though it is obvious that I am.

But I only have 7,200 posts in 6 years so maybe someone who has more posts could give more insight.

P.S. The Hamburgler is STILL a fat ***. :D

This guy is a champion poster. His brother Justinum must be proud.

WhiteSoxGod
07-22-2012, 11:26 AM
This guy is a champion poster. His brother Justinum must be proud.

Damn right I am, I am usually the guy that catches posters like you saying something asinine.

justinnum1
07-22-2012, 12:02 PM
Damn right I am, I am usually the guy that catches posters like you saying something asinine.

He is always saying the dumbest ****.

Some of his comments recently
-Knicks would beat heat in 5.
-Lin is a top 5 PG.

:facepalm:

rhymeratic
07-22-2012, 12:04 PM
Look we all know Felton is better than Jeremy Lin and about half the PG's in this league. He's definitely not top 5 or top 10. He is the definition of average NBA PG. Nothing wrong with that. He he catches fire at the right time we might be able to make a serious run.

WhiteSoxGod
07-22-2012, 12:51 PM
Look we all know Felton is better than Jeremy Lin and about half the PG's in this league. He's definitely not top 5 or top 10. He is the definition of average NBA PG. Nothing wrong with that. He he catches fire at the right time we might be able to make a serious run.

You mean if McDonalds quits serving Big Macs you'll be alright. Felton is not better than Jeremy Lin, not even close. Felton is the definition of a someone who needs to call 1-800-97-jenny.

meloman1592
07-22-2012, 01:12 PM
You guys need some funnier fat jokes. If you're going to make fun of felton, at least make someone laugh. Wack *** psd jokes

WhiteSoxGod
07-22-2012, 03:02 PM
You guys need some funnier fat jokes. If you're going to make fun of felton, at least make someone laugh. Wack *** psd jokes

They aren't jokes, they are the truth. The truth is not always funny.

beasted86
07-22-2012, 03:11 PM
Context? Me no understand context.

Is this not PSD?

Evolution23
07-22-2012, 03:22 PM
They aren't jokes, they are the truth. The truth is not always funny.

I feel embarrassed for u.