PDA

View Full Version : Raymond Felton Claims he is the Best Point Guard in the NBA

5ass
07-21-2012, 07:32 PM
I think Im better than any point guard

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/07/sports_editors_replay_raymond.html

obviously he hasnt heard of John Lucas III, Earl Boykins and Mike James.

justinnum1
07-21-2012, 07:35 PM
:laugh2::laugh::drunk:

must be high on donuts and cheeseburgers

spreadeagle
07-21-2012, 07:36 PM
I heard a interview with him at Knicks Raps summer game, after listning to him to talk for a while I believe you truly does believe this hahaha at least he has confidence tho

MintBerryCrunch
07-21-2012, 07:36 PM
Classic

EastNYLos
07-21-2012, 07:38 PM
ohh man i would say a bait thread but i dont even know where to go with this.. for one rondo said and now felton..i think if he's in shape he's pretty good..but not the best...damn..

knicks4life33
07-21-2012, 07:39 PM
Well most players will respond with YES i think i am the best point guard / player. Not defending him

keetyweedy
07-21-2012, 07:40 PM
maybe the D-league :drunk::laugh2::laugh:

justinnum1
07-21-2012, 07:41 PM
I'd say about 30-40 guys will be laughing their ***** off when they hear about this

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics?position=pg&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2fhollinger%2fstatistics%3fposition%3dpg

Jarvo
07-21-2012, 07:42 PM
Mini Eddy Curry sipping that purple drank while on bath salts :facepalm::laugh:

D12 fan
07-21-2012, 07:43 PM
Fat boy Felton must be on that cocaine.

EasternStar
07-21-2012, 07:45 PM
Hahaha! Oh my lord!:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh::laugh::laugh:

knicks4life33
07-21-2012, 07:45 PM
I'd say about 30-40 guys will be laughing their ***** off when they hear about this

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics?position=pg&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2fhollinger%2fstatistics%3fposition%3dpg

I dont take those stats seriously considering nate robinson is rated higher then john wall and rajon rondo and alot of other better point guards then him hahahahhahahaha lol

eternal slumber
07-21-2012, 07:46 PM
Felton must be high on something very potent to claim such a thing.

knickfan33
07-21-2012, 07:48 PM
people are so stupid. of course he is gonna say that, is he gonna say "yeh i think im mediocre"

if anyone actually listened/read his statement he basically said,( im competetor, so of course i think im better then lin, i think im better then anyone i go up against. thats the mentality you have to have) <-- not word for word but thats basically exactly what he said. this wasnt like marburry and him just arrogantly saying he's the best, he literally adressed the fact that its his mentality and approach to every game to think he is better then the guy on the other side... good for him.

but now everyone is gonna rip him because he's saying something any athlete should say when asked. i'd rather have a guy with that confidence then a guy stepping on the floor with the mentality he stinks.

do you want a guy at bat for you in baseball if he thinks he can't hit.
do you want a qb who thinks he can't throw.
its the same for any sport, he's not being arrogant about it, he's being confident.

D12 fan
07-21-2012, 07:50 PM
Felton must be high on something very potent to claim such a thing.

Yeah that cocaine.:laugh::laugh::guns::guns::dance:

meloman1592
07-21-2012, 07:50 PM
he doesn't believe he is...if he did, he would want to be paid like he is. That's the way i see it. He just has a lot of confidence in himself which I don't think is bad

keetyweedy
07-21-2012, 07:51 PM
ohh man i would say a bait thread but i dont even know where to go with this.. for one rondo said and now felton..i think if he's in shape he's pretty good..but not the best...damn..

but statistically rondo is a top tier pg, so w/ that being said it could be argued

Evolution23
07-21-2012, 07:51 PM
http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/07/sports_editors_replay_raymond.html

obviously he hasnt heard of John Lucas III, Earl Boykins and Mike James.

Obviously you took the statement out of context. He said that's the mind state I have, because you need that mind state to be a great player. Do your research before you make yourself look like an idiot.

Jarvo
07-21-2012, 07:52 PM
people are so stupid. of course he is gonna say that, is he gonna say "yeh i think im mediocre"

if anyone actually listened/read his statement he basically said,( im competetor, so of course i think im better then lin, i think im better then anyone i go up against. thats the mentality you have to have) <-- not word for word but thats basically exactly what he said.

but now everyone is gonna rip him because he's saying something any athlete should say when asked. i'd rather have a guy with that confidence then a guy stepping on the floor with the mentality he stinks.

No, but after having such a bad season playing you don't comeout your mouth saying such ****ery. He should've said I'm working my *** off to lose weight and get my head together this summer to comeback strong this upcoming season but this!? Hell no.

SportsFanatic10
07-21-2012, 07:53 PM
yeah sure there's confidence. but this is taking it to far lol. as a player you gotta believe in yourself, but you don't wanna be delusional. if he thinks he's the best(when he's nowhere close) he'll play outta control and try to do to much to prove it instead of just playing his game.

Evolution23
07-21-2012, 07:54 PM
No, but after having such a bad season playing you don't comeout your mouth saying such ****ery. He should've said I'm working my *** off to lose weight and get my head together this summer to comeback strong this upcoming season but this!? Hell no.

He can say what ever he wants to say. 1 bad season doesn't erase many great seasons of above average point guard play. He admitted he was out of shape last season and blamed himself for it. He said he's playing extra motivated now that he's back with the Knicks.

Lake_Show2416
07-21-2012, 07:54 PM
he's not even the best PG on his team

Evolution23
07-21-2012, 07:55 PM
yeah sure there's confidence. but this is taking it to far lol. as a player you gotta believe in yourself, but you don't wanna be delusional. if he thinks he's the best(when he's nowhere close) he'll play outta control and try to do to much to prove it instead of just playing his game.

Actually some of the most successful people have this delusional sense of self confidence.

Hunter48MVP
07-21-2012, 07:56 PM
:laugh::laugh2::laugh::laugh2::puke::crazy:

HOZ THE KNICK
07-21-2012, 07:59 PM
Yeah ray #turnitup....

SportsFanatic10
07-21-2012, 07:59 PM
Actually some of the most successful people have this delusional sense of self confidence.

well i guess the knicks are gonna win it all this year, because there seems to be alot of that going on around that team.

5ass
07-21-2012, 08:01 PM
Obviously you took the statement out of context. He said that's the mind state I have, because you need that mind state to be a great player. Do your research before you make yourself look like an idiot.

i think ur the idiot here because ur butthurt that some1 made a negative thread about one of ur beloved knicks players. If this thread was made a few days ago before the knicks signed him, maybe u can see the humor in this. Unfortunately ur too dumb to notice this.

keetyweedy
07-21-2012, 08:02 PM
well i guess the knicks are gonna win it all this year, because there seems to be alot of that going on around that team.

:laugh2::laugh::laugh2::laugh::laugh2::laugh::laug h2::laugh::laugh2::laugh::laugh2::laugh:

5ass
07-21-2012, 08:02 PM
He can say what ever he wants to say. 1 bad season doesn't erase many great seasons of above average point guard play. He admitted he was out of shape last season and blamed himself for it. He said he's playing extra motivated now that he's back with the Knicks.

wait so was he great or above average?

Kyle N.
07-21-2012, 08:04 PM
If Felton is the best PG than that means Rondo was lying to us. Damn you Rondo!!! :mad:

D12 fan
07-21-2012, 08:11 PM
LMAO at the Knicks fans defending Felton.

Jarvo
07-21-2012, 08:12 PM

:shrug: he better hope so.

Jarvo
07-21-2012, 08:13 PM
LMAO at the Knicks fans defending Felton.

They're going to until the wheels fall off lol but I respect knicks fans for that.

John Walls Era
How many playoffs has he played in? Best at eating maybe.

Six-8-TheWizard

if anyone actually listened/read his statement he basically said,( im competetor, so of course i think im better then lin, i think im better then anyone i go up against. thats the mentality you have to have) <-- not word for word but thats basically exactly what he said. this wasnt like marburry and him just arrogantly saying he's the best, he literally adressed the fact that its his mentality and approach to every game to think he is better then the guy on the other side... good for him.

do you want a guy at bat for you in baseball if he thinks he can't hit.
do you want a qb who thinks he can't throw.
its the same for any sport, he's not being arrogant about it, he's being confident.

This. Context is key.

justinnum1
07-21-2012, 08:21 PM
i think ur the idiot here because ur butthurt that some1 made a negative thread about one of ur beloved knicks players. If this thread was made a few days ago before the knicks signed him, maybe u can see the humor in this. Unfortunately ur too dumb to notice this.

Yep. He also said lin was a top 5 PG...

Kyle N.
07-21-2012, 08:23 PM
How many playoffs has he played in? Best at eating maybe.

How dare you insult Sean May! :pity:

tp13baby
07-21-2012, 08:24 PM
Well most players will respond with YES i think i am the best point guard / player. Not defending him

I agree. Players if asked the question most will say they are the best.

SA5195
07-21-2012, 08:24 PM
No.

knickfan33
07-21-2012, 08:25 PM
WHAT PSD TROLLS SAY FELTON SAID...

IM THE GREATEST

WHAT FELTON ACTUALLY SAID..

“I am a competitor,” Felton said. “I am a point guard just like he is, so do I think I am better? Of course, I am going to say that. I think I am better than any point guard. That’s the way I am supposed to think.”

JUST A PLAYR BEING CONFIDENT LIKE HE SHOULD

Losoway
07-21-2012, 08:26 PM
we need this kind of confidence . when rondo no jumpshot *** said this . everyone agreed

lol ****kk it so felton can too

all hail the clyde 2.0

SugeKnight
07-21-2012, 08:27 PM
WHAT PSD TROLLS SAY FELTON SAID...

IM THE GREATEST

WHAT FELTON ACTUALLY SAID..

I am a competitor, Felton said. I am a point guard just like he is, so do I think I am better? Of course, I am going to say that. I think I am better than any point guard. Thats the way I am supposed to think.

JUST A PLAYR BEING CONFIDENT LIKE HE SHOULD

Makes complete sense in context

fadedmario
07-21-2012, 08:31 PM
lol

justinnum1
07-21-2012, 08:36 PM
from the NYtimes article

“I think I’m better than any point guard,” Felton said.

:facepalm:

b@llhog24
07-21-2012, 08:36 PM

There aren't 40 better pgs that Felton.

I dont take those stats seriously considering nate robinson is rated higher then john wall and rajon rondo and alot of other better point guards then him hahahahhahahaha lol

You don't take them seriously because you don't understand them.

How dare you insult Sean May! :pity:

What's going on in your sig?

EDUTEXANS
07-21-2012, 08:40 PM
out of context, he said it in a very respectful way

WhiteSoxGod
07-21-2012, 08:44 PM
“I think I’m better than any point guard,” Felton said.

Yeah EXACT words...

LOL The Hamburgler thinks he is the greatest point guard?

Sure he is, he is the greatest point guard in ANY eating contest. That ****er can put away a Big-Mac in 3.4 seconds....THAT'S A MOTHER****ING BEAST!!

***k a Mcdonalds All-American, Raymond Felton is a MCDONALDS LEGEND!!

C-Wick925
07-21-2012, 08:45 PM
Poor fellas been passed around more than a prostitute now he is delusional from it all

justinnum1
07-21-2012, 08:46 PM
Maybe he went to NY to be close to the Nathans hot dog contest

knickfan33
07-21-2012, 08:46 PM
Yeah EXACT words...

LOL The Hamburgler thinks he is the greatest point guard?

Sure he is, he is the greatest point guard in ANY eating contest. That ****er can put away a Big-Mac in 3.4 seconds....THAT'S A MOTHER****ING BEAST!!

***k a Mcdonalds All-American, Raymond Felton is a Mcdonalds Legend.

yeah read the other thread about what he said cause your taking it out of context...
im sure i can take 6-7 words out of a martin luther king speech an make him sound like hitler, but that doesnt mean thats what he was saying.

WhiteSoxGod
07-21-2012, 08:51 PM
yeah read the other thread about what he said cause your taking it out of context...
im sure i can take 6-7 words out of a martin luther king speech an make him sound like hitler, but that doesnt mean thats what he was saying.

LOL The fact is that he said. He didn't have to say anything. The hamburgler is garbage, fat garbage at that.

knickfan33
07-21-2012, 08:57 PM
LOL The fact is that he said. He didn't have to say anything. The hamburgler is garbage, fat garbage at that.

he also went on to say how he is pissed all he hears is about his shape last year, he knows he was out of shape, its his fault, he's gonna fix it and shut everyone up.... 17ppg 9ast. last time around witht he knicks.. those are solid numbers if he does it again

ink
07-21-2012, 09:03 PM
out of context, he said it in a very respectful way

This.

Thread closed.