PDA

View Full Version : Magic news about head coach

LakersSaintsLSU
07-21-2012, 04:14 PM
david pingalore ‏@pinglocal6
Breaking @Orlando_Magic news about head coach search. Vaughn is the guy details now http://bit.ly/PuHnzv more coming

C-Style
07-21-2012, 04:25 PM
"david pingalore ‏@pinglocal6"

stop reading there

JasonJohnHorn
07-21-2012, 04:26 PM
I don't even remember this guy as a player... lol. I'd take Lindsey Hunter over him on the floor, but both were PGs and PGs seem to make great coaches.

Good luck to both of them in their coaching careers, though I expect Jacque Vaughn to be the scape goat for the team sucking over the next two seasons.

They really should have waited until they got the Dwight trade done to see what pieces they have and see what coach would fit or be interested in the job.

I bet no established coach in their right mind would take this job right now, not knowing what they have to work with, so the only option was rookie coaches who are looking for their first head coaching job.

The Magic should have traded Diwght for Lopez/Humph/Brooks and picks, I bet there would have been better qualified coaches interested in coaching that group.

Goog luck to all parties involved. I hope Orlando fans have something to cheer about soon. I almost feel as bad for orlando fans as I do for Cleveland fans.

D12 fan
07-21-2012, 04:27 PM
Jacque Vaughn as coach lmao.They should have hired Brian Shaw.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-21-2012, 04:46 PM
And ran the triangle with whom? Baby Davis? Avon? Stfu

MagicBucsSox
07-21-2012, 04:55 PM
I don't even remember this guy as a player... lol. I'd take Lindsey Hunter over him on the floor, but both were PGs and PGs seem to make great coaches.

Good luck to both of them in their coaching careers, though I expect Jacque Vaughn to be the scape goat for the team sucking over the next two seasons.

They really should have waited until they got the Dwight trade done to see what pieces they have and see what coach would fit or be interested in the job.

I bet no established coach in their right mind would take this job right now, not knowing what they have to work with, so the only option was rookie coaches who are looking for their first head coaching job.

The Magic should have traded Diwght for Lopez/Humph/Brooks and picks, I bet there would have been better qualified coaches interested in coaching that group.

Goog luck to all parties involved. I hope Orlando fans have something to cheer about soon. I almost feel as bad for orlando fans as I do for Cleveland fans.

Lmao they have a multi-champion and finals appearance coach, yet some coach would make them winners in Orlando? Stop posting dude

Dade County
07-21-2012, 04:58 PM
isn't Jacque Vaughn the player at one point that couldn't score for like 3 weeks or something like that.

I am trying to search that video out.

Handsof12
07-21-2012, 05:46 PM
This GM comes from an organization that believed in doing things the right way. I'm sure bringing Vaughn in fits that thinking. San Antonio and OKC are built on that model. I think with the dysfunction that exist right now in Orlando this is the perfect anecdote. That's part of the reason they don't want Bynum. Having a head case on your squad doesn't fit what the new GM is trying to establish.

D12 fan
07-21-2012, 06:07 PM
And ran the triangle with whom? Baby Davis? Avon? Stfu

Why you so mad little buddy?:mad:

I feel for your team,hope you guys do well with Vaughn if he is in fact your next coach.If I was gm I would have traded Dwight first then hire a coach who fits the trade pieces for Dwight.Hey that's just my opinion.Good luck to you guys you deserve better.

smith&wesson
07-21-2012, 06:15 PM
so they fire stan van to hire this guy. makes perfect sence.

kdspurman
07-21-2012, 07:23 PM
Jacque Vaughn played for Pop for 3 years, and has now been an assistant of Pop's for the last 2 years. I'm sure he's ready for the job, and he'll be successful. Most folks that leave the Spurs organization are successful and there's no reason to think this is any different.

Hunter48MVP
07-21-2012, 07:53 PM
Wtf?

blastmasta26
07-21-2012, 09:19 PM
This GM comes from an organization that believed in doing things the right way. I'm sure bringing Vaughn in fits that thinking. San Antonio and OKC are built on that model. I think with the dysfunction that exist right now in Orlando this is the perfect anecdote. That's part of the reason they don't want Bynum. Having a head case on your squad doesn't fit what the new GM is trying to establish.

What does this even mean?

todu82
07-21-2012, 09:47 PM
Who? The Magic have took a huge step backwards here if they hire this guy as coach.

GREATNESS ONE
07-21-2012, 10:15 PM
Damn Brian Shaw can't catch a break.

SportsFanatic10
07-21-2012, 10:23 PM
Damn Brian Shaw can't catch a break.

no kidding, i think he'd make a good coach. some day he'll get a shot lol.

Wade>You
07-21-2012, 10:23 PM
They fired Stan Van Gundy for this guy... smh.

Poll: Will Jacque Vaughn make it past his first year of coaching?

5ass
07-21-2012, 10:45 PM
Ill wait and see what hes got before judging. SVG is not a great coach for a rebuilding team though, I can tell you that.

Aust
07-22-2012, 12:49 AM
A Coach from the Spurs and a GM from the Thunder? Sounds like some damn good moves to me.
Still wish Brian Shaw could get one freakin chance..

LA_Raiders
07-22-2012, 04:14 AM
lol, good luck

Blazers#1Fan
07-22-2012, 04:31 AM
So Brian shaw to portland

ldawg
07-22-2012, 07:25 AM
Magic is turning into a joke of a franchise.

MagicBucsSox
07-22-2012, 10:37 AM
Ppl laughing at a guy who never got a chance, remember where Doc got his start? coach of the year remember?

Ppl keep mentioning Shaw , ok well it's a reason he's not gotten a job, a reason LAL let him go.

D12 fan
07-22-2012, 10:57 AM
Ppl laughing at a guy who never got a chance, remember where Doc got his start? coach of the year remember?

Ppl keep mentioning Shaw , ok well it's a reason he's not gotten a job, a reason LAL let him go.

Shaw was going to get the job,he just dropped out.I don't blame him Orlando is a mess right now.