PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Magic frustrating other GMs

nickdymez
07-21-2012, 10:22 AM
According to sources, the Magic have frustrated potential trading partners by continuously changing terms at the last minute. This supposedly dates back to their dealings with the Nets a few weeks back, when Nets GM Billy King felt an agreement that would send Dwight Howard to Brooklyn had been finalized, sources said. Instead, the Nets re-signed their own free-agent center, Brook Lopez, eliminating themselves from landing Howard. The Magic, meanwhile, have for the time being moved on to the Lakers, Cavs and possibly Rockets, and are said to be acting equally as difficult -- with the Magic's thinking seeming to be there's no need to rush when they possess the big asset everyone wants. Makes sense, but as one opposing GM noted, there's no way the Magic can bring Howard to camp in late September, and the clock is ticking. So the pressure soon will be on Magic GM Rob Hennigan, if it's not already.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/332990?eref=twitter_feed

aztr0
07-21-2012, 10:24 AM
Howard will be in camp? I thought he's still recovering from his back. He won't even play until a few months in the season, no? Feels like he'll move at the trading deadline.

rockbottom2010
07-21-2012, 10:29 AM
Howard will be in camp? I thought he's still recovering from his back. He won't even play until a few months in the season, no? Feels like he'll move at the trading deadline.

more like hes gonna test free agency....hes gonna go to brooklyn

Sandman
07-21-2012, 10:30 AM

for the vet minimum or the MLE? :eyebrow:

ThunderousDemon
07-21-2012, 10:40 AM

Oh boy, not this ******** again.

venom518
07-21-2012, 10:40 AM
for the vet minimum or the MLE? :eyebrow:

This. Why do people still believe that the nets can sign Howard through FA?

justinnum1
07-21-2012, 10:43 AM

:facepalm:

EasternStar
07-21-2012, 10:44 AM

If he goes to BRK, he's has to get traded after Jan 15 and the Trade Deadline, because Brook Lopez signed an extension and can't be traded until Jan 15. With Lopez and Humphries signed, I think a trade to Brooklyn in January is not going to have any problems of not getting done than it did this summer (if Dwight makes it to January).

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-21-2012, 10:54 AM
Peter Vecsey: On contrary,*Magic GM hasn't been "continually changing terms at last minute" re DH. Nor did BK feel "agreement had been reached" recently.*Twitter

Two sides to every story

EasternStar
07-21-2012, 10:57 AM
Peter Vecsey: On contrary,*Magic GM hasn't been "continually changing terms at last minute" re DH. Nor did BK feel "agreement had been reached" recently.*Twitter

Two sides to every story

These stories are all in my head now.:crazy:

D12 fan
07-21-2012, 10:57 AM

Two sides to every story

Yeah like we believe that,Orlando needs to trade Dwight and quit begging him to stay.This will cost them the next 5 yrs getting Star players to come to their franchise.

D12 fan
07-21-2012, 10:59 AM
I feel for Orlando fans they deserve better than this,I know they can't wait for Dwightmare to be over with.

BradHolt4CYoung
07-21-2012, 11:06 AM
lol the reporting has been atrocious throughout the Dwightmare...so much BULL ****

Honestly people, you really should not believe anything you read on DH at this point...just take it with a grain of salt.

EasternStar
07-21-2012, 11:07 AM
I feel for Orlando fans they deserve better than this,I know they can't wait for Dwightmare to be over with.

Me too. Man, i envision Magic fans are sick and tired of listening to the same old crap every single Hour, Day, Week, and Month.

BrunoPhilly14
07-21-2012, 11:20 AM
As a magic fan, it's ****ing disturbing. I want it to be over already. Make the damn deal with Houston. Just make a damn deal. The reporters in Orlando are so bad at reporting what's going on. They are consistently 3 days behind on every single rumor and continue to make it seem like they know what they are talking about when in reality they have no damn clue. I realize we're gonna suck, but dragging out the Dwightmare is just making the franchise look absolutely ********. Who is going to want to come to Orlando after this ****. I realize there's 2 sides to every story, and that most of the coverage is blown way out of proportion, but good god he doesn't want to be here, can they please just move on from Dwight.

LoveMeOrHateMe
07-21-2012, 11:25 AM
Dwight will be a laker by Monday quote me on that!

D2theJ
07-21-2012, 11:27 AM

Either by trade before the deadline or through sign and trade in the off season.

D12 fan
07-21-2012, 11:29 AM
Dwight will be a laker by Monday quote me on that!

Yeah ok.:rolleyes:

EasternStar
07-21-2012, 11:30 AM
Magic fans to Magic franchise when both Nets and Lakers deals fell apart:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5RtlpXsl8k

ThunderousDemon
07-21-2012, 11:30 AM
Either by trade before the deadline or through sign and trade in the off season.

They didn't trade Dwight because of Humphries and Lopez's contracts, you really believe they're going to to do it if they get the chance again.

BigCityofDreams
07-21-2012, 11:41 AM
They didn't trade Dwight because of Humphries and Lopez's contracts, you really believe they're going to to do it if they get the chance again.

That's what the thought seems to be. If Howard isn't moved before camp then he'll be a Net by January. My thing is if that's the case why didn't they pull the trigger weeks ago.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't they be over the apron next yr and therefore can't do S & T.

Hunter48MVP
07-21-2012, 11:42 AM
Magic don't want to trade Howard IDIOTS!

Hunter48MVP
07-21-2012, 11:44 AM
double post

Iron24th
07-21-2012, 11:46 AM
I thought othis was an idiot, but now that I read what hennigan does, I know hennigan is dumber.

venom518
07-21-2012, 11:54 AM

This is a pipe dream.....:facepalm:

I-4_Fan
07-21-2012, 12:01 PM
As a Magic fan, I think we need to trade him now. I rather have a loosing season and get a top pick, then be in the play off running for half a season then trade him and get a crappy mid round pick, or even worse. Keep him the whole time, get booted in the 1st round again, get a crappy pick, and loose him in FA for nothing. Varajoa or Gasol, at this point i don't care. Let's just PLEASE MOVE ON!!!

SINCESTARBURY25
07-21-2012, 12:03 PM
The problem is. Dwight won't commit to any teams, and the Magic aren't wanting to give him up.

tr3ymill3r
07-21-2012, 12:17 PM
If I am any GM in the league I would ignore the Magic's phone calls, and make them sweat. No matter where he goes, he intends to test the FA market just to get the max deal rather than signing an extension. Even if at the deadline he's traded to Brooklyn he won't sign an extension until the offseason to get max dollars. If I'm Houston or LA I don't trade for him, because Houston would be spinning their wheels again because Dwight alone would make them the 9th best team in the West. LA has Bynum and can wait to sign Dwight as a FA if they choose to do so and trade Bynum for other assets to put around Dwight and an aging Kobe for a few seasons. Welcome the new Magic GM to the NBA in style by icing him and making Dwight stay in Orlando for being such a punk and making the Magic deal with it since they don't have the balls to tell him to shut up or just trade him to get rid of the headache.

SteBO
07-21-2012, 12:22 PM
Masai Ujiri (Denver's GM) went through the same thing a couple years ago w/ 'Melo. But that feels like nothing now compared to what Hennigan is dealing with....wow.

torocan
07-21-2012, 12:37 PM
No idea if this report is anywhere near accurate in terms of the Magic backing out of deals.

However...

I can't imagine ALL the GM's AND Players getting pretty darn sick of the Dwightmare.

Even the Magic fans are sick of it, and they're the ones who WANT a good deal...

+pope+
07-21-2012, 12:40 PM
You are such a tool. Orlando is not begging anyone to stay. We are trying to find the best deal. Why on earth can't you understand that?

At this point, either you've suffered brain damage or you're just trolling.

There's nothing else out there, they are walking a thin line and are going to limit their options real soon (ex jordan hill signing to LA) they need to start finalizing a deal and start putting their rest of their team together. At this point they should know what they can and will get. The later this drags on the less they are going to get. Everyone knows Dwight is gone and now the gms are smelling blood, and they will start making casual offers knowing that the begining of the season are nearing(like a game of chicken)

JasonJohnHorn
07-21-2012, 12:48 PM

Because they can work a sign-and-trade with whatever team happens to have Howard at the time. If the team that lands him knows he's not going to sign with them, it is better that they work a sign and trade where they get Lopez, then just letting him walk away to a team with cap space without getting anything back in return.

Angelus™
07-21-2012, 12:56 PM
I think everyons is a little tired of their **** right now

+pope+
07-21-2012, 12:56 PM
Because they can work a sign-and-trade with whatever team happens to have Howard at the time. If the team that lands him knows he's not going to sign with them, it is better that they work a sign and trade where they get Lopez, then just letting him walk away to a team with cap space without getting anything back in return.

Do u not know that no team wants Brook Lopez in exchange for Dwight. DO u believe teams will want to take on Brooks Contract? They know that whatever team Dwight will want to go to (which will be a contender not one of the teams that has cap space) therefore will have leverage to get a better deal than Brook. Sorry to disappoint you, but no soup for you!

Jazzgear
07-21-2012, 01:00 PM

The thought of having to take on Lopez on a max contract :facepalm:

I'd rather get the cap space, and build through the draft

majmarcus
07-21-2012, 01:03 PM
Does anyone else besides myself think the Magic could be making it difficult to execute trades in the future as a result of how poorly they've handled this Howard situation?

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-21-2012, 01:03 PM
If I am any GM in the league I would ignore the Magic's phone calls, and make them sweat. No matter where he goes, he intends to test the FA market just to get the max deal rather than signing an extension. Even if at the deadline he's traded to Brooklyn he won't sign an extension until the offseason to get max dollars. If I'm Houston or LA I don't trade for him, because Houston would be spinning their wheels again because Dwight alone would make them the 9th best team in the West. LA has Bynum and can wait to sign Dwight as a FA if they choose to do so and trade Bynum for other assets to put around Dwight and an aging Kobe for a few seasons. Welcome the new Magic GM to the NBA in style by icing him and making Dwight stay in Orlando for being such a punk and making the Magic deal with it since they don't have the balls to tell him to shut up or just trade him to get rid of the headache.

That is such an inaccurate and illogical statement if I've ever read one.

How the hell are the Lakers going to sign Dwight in the offseason? With what money? The mini-MLE????

Do you not understand that the Lakers have the highest payroll in the NBA? The Lakers cannot just outright sign Dwight in free agency to get him, they have to trade for him.

#salarycap

D12 fan
07-21-2012, 01:04 PM
You are such a tool. Orlando is not begging anyone to stay. We are trying to find the best deal. Why on earth can't you understand that?

At this point, either you've suffered brain damage or you're just trolling.

Hey buddy you have a ignore list use it.Everybody has their own opinion,no need for you to call people idiots just because you disagree with them.

PS:Have a good day sir,may you find joy in your life.

koreancabbage
07-21-2012, 01:04 PM

close to 0% this happens. Whatever team that has Howard is going to make the playoffs and why would you trade for Lopez, an inferior player, going intothe playoffs. If you're getting Dwight Howard, and you're either LA or OKC (slight speculation), or whomever, you're looking deep playoff run.

Houston is probably the only other team in the running that has almost no chance of going deep in the playoffs- is trying to convince Dwight to stay- so why trade him at the deadline for Lopez- they are seeing it to the end, whether it be doom or glory.

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-21-2012, 01:06 PM
The problem is. Dwight won't commit to any teams, and the Magic aren't wanting to give him up.

What are you talking about? He already said he'll sign long-term with the Lakers.

Not outright sign an extension once he gets there, but he'll become a free agent in the summer of 2013 and re-sign for 5 yrs worth the max to stay a Los Angeles Laker.

Is that really that hard to understand.

Do you guys really not comprehend what his agent was trying to say and are that naive and dumb-founded?

D12 fan
07-21-2012, 01:07 PM
Does anyone else besides myself think the Magic could be making it difficult to execute trades in the future as a result of how poorly they've handled this Howard situation?

Agree.

Don't let Rlundi86 read this he will call you a idiot and say you have suffered from brain damage,and he will call you a troll.

Atl Bill
07-21-2012, 01:15 PM
the magic suck, and i am happy this is happening to them. I am a hawks fan and your gm and team suck. Should have traded him last year, but you guys insisted on keeping this headache. this is what you get! you guys had decent offers, espically one from the hawks. i hope no one gives you **** for return on having a double standard and just messing with other gm's time. time is money and as much time as orlando has wasted i hope you guys loose as much potential as you can. you guys are a horrible example of a franchise.

justinnum1
07-21-2012, 01:16 PM

No. You want to get the best deal you can. Magic have lost a hall of fame center before and got screwed. They want to get a decent deal this time. They will take their time. Not very often a top 3 player asks to get traded...

KB24PG16
07-21-2012, 01:18 PM
why orlando want lopez when theyve made it somewhat clear they want draft picks and blow it up not be mediocre? doesnt make sense to keep dwight until trade deadline to trade him for lopez if they wanted to do that they wouldve done it already

mn1170
07-21-2012, 01:24 PM
The problem with Orlando waiting is that D12 is going to act like more of a baby. He already stated, and i said this way before he stated it, that he will sit out next season if not traded. now why would a team give up loads of prospects, picks, etc when they can just wait along with D12. The more he acts like this the more his value goes down IMO. If he will do this now, he will do it later to another team. Magic should have jumped on the draft picks and such deal with Houston right before the draft.

justjames
07-21-2012, 01:32 PM
How many bridges can Orlando burn?

D12 fan
07-21-2012, 02:12 PM
How many bridges can Orlando burn?

None it's only a 2 team race between LA/Hou they either take the best offer or just keep Dwight and lose him for nothing.Rumors are that the gm is ready to make a trade but the owner still doesn't want to trade Dwight.Orlando is a mess right now.

nickdymez
07-21-2012, 02:25 PM
No. You want to get the best deal you can. Magic have lost a hall of fame center before and got screwed. They want to get a decent deal this time. They will take their time. Not very often a top 3 player asks to get traded...

How did they get screwed? Did Shaq hold a press conference and say he was taking his talents to Venice Beach?

NFLNBA
07-21-2012, 02:26 PM
yeah its a ugly situation. how the owner isnt getting the fact howard is DONE with them is beyond me. They are the GF you try and dump but just doesnt get it lol its like ****** we are through but they concistantly keep going like ill be better i love you please lol

justinnum1
07-21-2012, 02:30 PM
How did they get screwed? Did Shaq hold a press conference and say he was taking his talents to Venice Beach?

I meant in the sense they got nothing in return. Shaq walked which was his right as a free agent. Orlando is going to try and get as much as they can for dwight, which is their right as he is still under contract for him. and orlando has the leverage becuase dwight cant just sign with the lakers as a free agent next year.

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-21-2012, 02:33 PM
I meant in the sense they got nothing in return. Shaq walked which was his right as a free agent. Orlando is going to try and get as much as they can for dwight, which is their right as he is still under contract for him. and orlando has the leverage becuase dwight cant just sign with the lakers as a free agent next year.

If they let Dwight walk next summer, he'll be a Maverick. They have the capspace to sign him to a max deal.

C-Style
07-21-2012, 02:33 PM
The only losers in this are the Magic fans. Rockets need to stop low balling the Magic and and make a deal happen, whether Lakers are involved or not.

LAKERMANIA
07-21-2012, 02:35 PM
Orlando should just hire Jerry West as their GM already.. :D

justinnum1
07-21-2012, 02:37 PM
If they let Dwight walk next summer, he'll be a Maverick. They have the capspace to sign him to a max deal.

I dont think dwight would go to the mavs. But right now, LA wants what the magic have and the magic want more for him then what is being offered. Orlando is in the drivers seat.

amick
Before I duck out again, a Dwight Howard note: the Magic, I'm told, are hopeful that they can pull the trigger on a deal by early August (although I certainly couldn't tell you which one it might be). That being said, new GM Rob Hennigan - who I had the pleasure of meeting for the first time in Vegas - is proving to be very prudent in this process, meaning those hopes won't be realized if the deal simply isn't up to his standard's. The Magic's coaching search continues, too, and I'd be surprised at this point if the job doesn't ultimately go to San Antonio's Jacque Vaughn (though that's informed opinion, not reporting any imminent hiring).

fishedz
07-21-2012, 02:51 PM
I dont think dwight would go to the mavs. But right now, LA wants what the magic have and the magic want more for him then what is being offered. Orlando is in the drivers seat.

Ummmm.....not really bro

The Lakers don't need D12...what Magic want more, aren't getting it, and are far from the driver's seat.

They're in the just T-Boned a telephone pole in the front seat with no seat belt on. Magic are screwed, played this horribly, and will get less in the end. The Lakers are the most dominant team in the NBA for 3 decades for a reason...they don't ride shotgun...

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-21-2012, 03:03 PM
amick

I think Orlando wants both Dion Waiters and Tyler Zeller from Cleveland. Those 2 can't be traded until August 5th because they signed their rookies on July 5th.

justinnum1
07-21-2012, 03:04 PM
Ummmm.....not really bro

The Lakers don't need D12...what Magic want more, aren't getting it, and are far from the driver's seat.

They're in the just T-Boned a telephone pole in the front seat with no seat belt on. Magic are screwed, played this horribly, and will get less in the end. The Lakers are the most dominant team in the NBA for 3 decades for a reason...they don't ride shotgun...

They riding shotgun right this moment. They will wait for orlando to make up their mind.

BKLYNpigeon
07-21-2012, 03:04 PM
Howard will be with the Nets if he doesnt end up in LA.

The Nets would dump Lopez's contract for a 2nd round pick.

rhaas74
07-21-2012, 03:06 PM
I really don't see how the Magic are in the drivers seat either. If what they want is cap relief and picks, the longer they hold out the less they are able to get. Like what happened with the Nets, eventually teams will just move on and go to Plan B if you are just stringing them along. At some point you have to just blink and get it over with.

The Nets are completely out of trade talks, even if he is still in Orlando as of January 15th. By trading with the Nets you would have to take back Brook Lopez, Marshon Brooks, and either Jerry Stackhouse or Tyshawn Taylor. That is the only way to make the money work. The only other possible thing would be to send Kris Humphries to the Magic and Glen Davis and Jason Richardson to the Nets. And no matter how you make it work, the Magic are still going to be over the cap next year, prolonging the rebuild. Add on top of that, when they will have cap space, Brook Lopez will be making $16 million, limiting their cap space.

So in order to jump start the rebuild they need to do get 2 of the 3 things in a trade. Shed cap space, get draft picks, or get young cheap talent. They won't get all 3 in a trade. And if they let this continue out they might only get one of those things.

BKLYNpigeon
07-21-2012, 03:07 PM
I hope LA and Houston would just go in another direction and stop taking calls from the Magic.

they would be screwed...

C-Style
07-21-2012, 03:10 PM
Orlando need to do something, I can see why they frustrate teams, they had a close deal with Nets, then say they want Bynum just to kill those talks, and when they are offered Bynum, they suddenly are not interested and now want picks. They are just dicking the NBA around.

Raph12
07-21-2012, 03:11 PM
It's sad really, I think that Hennigan may have liked a couple of trades only to have it rejected by the ownership... DeVos just can't let Dwight go.

justjames
07-21-2012, 03:18 PM
Orlando should just hire Jerry West as their GM already.. :D

West should be a freelance GM. Hire him solely to work on a specific trade and then let him work his magic elsewhere.

RLundi
07-21-2012, 03:19 PM
Ummmm.....not really bro

At this point, no one NEEDS anyone. The Magic don't need the Lakers and the Lakers don't NEED the Magic. But they need Dwight, because LA is in win-now mode, and after essentially alienating Bynum and thus probably ensuring he doesn't re-sign once he hits free agency, they don't stand a chance for a title in Kobe's twilight years with an aging Pau and Nash.

You might contend they don't need Dwight, but in reality, they need someone to pass the torch to, because once Pau expires and Kobe and Nash retire, you think the Lakers are gonna sit idly and rebuild through the draft while enduring losing records? No, that's never been their style. They need a big name. They need Dwight. The Magic are in the driver's seat, because they maneuver matters as to where Dwight ends up. Magic don't need to trade him to Los Angeles, but provided the deal's good enough -- and that's on LA to come up with a suitable offer -- it'll happen.

justinnum1
07-21-2012, 03:23 PM
At this point, no one NEEDS anyone. The Magic don't need the Lakers and the Lakers don't NEED the Magic. But they need Dwight, because LA is in win-now mode, and after essentially alienating Bynum and thus probably ensuring he doesn't re-sign once he hits free agency, they don't stand a chance for a title in Kobe's twilight years with an aging Pau and Nash.

You might contend they don't need Dwight, but in reality, they need someone to pass the torch to, because once Pau expires and Kobe and Nash retire, you think the Lakers are gonna sit idly and rebuild through the draft while enduring losing records? No, that's never been their style. They need a big name. They need Dwight. The Magic are in the driver's seat, because they maneuver matters as to where Dwight ends up. Magic don't need to trade him to Los Angeles, but provided the deal's good enough -- and that's on LA to come up with a suitable offer -- it'll happen.
:clap:

Well said.

rhaas74
07-21-2012, 03:28 PM

Ok, but then that would put Cleveland or Houston in the drivers seat because Bynum doesn't want to go to Orlando and wont re-sign there. LA has nothing to offer the Magic, Cleveland and Houston have what is attractive to Orlando. Orlando is losing leverage as this thing plays out. If this drags into the season and Dwight is serious about sitting out if he isn't traded, then you have none whatsoever.

If Orlando wants to quicken the rebuild they need to quit dragging their feet. Eventually all teams will just pull out, just like the Nets did. Then you are stuck with nothing.

justinnum1
07-21-2012, 03:32 PM
Ok, but then that would put Cleveland or Houston in the drivers seat because Bynum doesn't want to go to Orlando and wont re-sign there. LA has nothing to offer the Magic, Cleveland and Houston have what is attractive to Orlando. Orlando is losing leverage as this thing plays out. If this drags into the season and Dwight is serious about sitting out if he isn't traded, then you have none whatsoever.

If Orlando wants to quicken the rebuild they need to quit dragging their feet. Eventually all teams will just pull out, just like the Nets did. Then you are stuck with nothing.

Not true. Some team will want dwight and they will most likely utilize sign and trade to get him. I think the chances the magic get stuck with nothing are slim.

fishedz
07-21-2012, 03:40 PM
They riding shotgun right this moment. They will wait for orlando to make up their mind.

LOL....you think so? You're blind hommie...

Regardless of how this plays out, the front office will always be in the mix to win now, and bring the biggest and best stars to LA. They continually prove they can rebuild. LA doesn't need Dwight...but it would benefit them. The Magic need to get thier head out of their arse.

I mean really bro....this doesn't go down, LA is still a contender. MAgic on the other hand are screwed both ways. Terrible organization....

fishedz
07-21-2012, 03:41 PM
Not true. Some team will want dwight and they will most likely utilize sign and trade to get him. I think the chances the magic get stuck with nothing are slim.

That's if the team that wants him can't afford him....

jon32
07-21-2012, 03:45 PM
Both managment and dwight are leavin some people with some pretty irritating blue balls

fishedz
07-21-2012, 03:46 PM

You think? Come on man.... If they don't land Dwight, they will land the next guy that comes along. Dwight is not the end all be all of the Lakers organization, and to think that is ignorant. Will they make a deal if they are in the dirver's seat?? Yup...if not, they will pass....just like they have. Mitch and Jerry are pimp's...and any suggestions otherwise is pure ignorance. They rape and pillage regularly....whom else has Stern purposely shut down?

fishedz
07-21-2012, 03:46 PM
Both managment and dwight are leavin some people with some pretty irritating blue balls Great PR move for them...and a great PR move for the bandwagon in Miami.

rhaas74
07-21-2012, 03:49 PM

Ok, but realistically what are they going to get from a sign-and-trade. 2 late 1st rounders? They will be getting back no cap space and no young talent. That really does nothing for the rebuilding process.

DR_1
07-21-2012, 03:51 PM
I feel bad for Orlando. It's an incredible city (I am soon going for another visit and am so pumped), my 2nd favorite to Chicago actually. I can only imagine how frustrating this is fir the fans; the city's best athlete dragging them through this crap. I hope Orlando trades Dwight soon, because the city and fans deserve better.

Losoway
07-21-2012, 03:53 PM
like i said before... Dwight isnt going anywhere until next year

Blazers#1Fan
07-21-2012, 04:15 PM
Portland needs to offer batum,leonard,nolan smith,matthews picks gor howard hedo richardson

Howard
Aldridge
Hedo
Richardson
Lillard

C-Style
07-21-2012, 04:24 PM

location...got it! :rolleyes:

Hunter48MVP
07-21-2012, 04:27 PM
Magic frustrated everybody around the world. Just get a deal done and move on

Lake_Show2416
07-21-2012, 04:30 PM
Portland needs to offer batum,leonard,nolan smith,matthews picks gor howard hedo richardson

Howard
Aldridge
Hedo
Richardson
Lillard

so Dwight can bolt to the Mavs at the end of next year, Blazers need to continue to build through the draft & mayb pursue a blue collar player willing to sign for a decent price Ex. David West/Z.Bo

Bigbadmoffo
07-21-2012, 04:35 PM
Magic are overplaying there hand.

D12 fan
07-21-2012, 04:35 PM
I think a deal happens after August 5th,like a poster said before Orlando is probably waiting for Zeller/Waiters or the other guy from Houston Dmo to make a deal.If they don't trade him next month then they will probably just keep him all season.

Bigbadmoffo
07-21-2012, 04:37 PM
so Dwight can bolt to the Mavs at the end of next year, Blazers need to continue to build through the draft & mayb pursue a blue collar player willing to sign for a decent price Ex. David West/Z.Bo

I think everyone is going to dallas next season regardless. Even if the lakers got him unless they win this year he's not gonna stay on an aging team with no cap flexibility. I truly see him and Cp3 going to Dallas.

BigCityofDreams
07-21-2012, 05:23 PM
I think everyone is going to dallas next season regardless. Even if the lakers got him unless they win this year he's not gonna stay on an aging team with no cap flexibility. I truly see him and Cp3 going to Dallas.

If he is traded to LA or the Nets or HOU he isn't going to leave money on the table and go to Dallas. CP3 is going to re-up with the Clippers.

sunsfan88
07-21-2012, 05:38 PM
The Magic FO is every bit as stupid as the Suns FO.

We should have traded A'mare a long time before 2010 but we never did it and he ended up walking while all we got was a top 50 protected 2nd rd pick.

We should have traded Nash a long time ago but instead he ended up walking while all we got were crap late picks.

Orlando is wasting their time hanging onto Dwight and they will regret it later when they trade him or lose him for a much lower offer than they first had.

Vinylman
07-21-2012, 05:39 PM

stopped reading after the bolded...

you obviously have no clue about Bynum...

He is not about winning and he definitely doesn't care where he plays...

all he wants is

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

He will resign with the Lakers as soon as a max deal is offered... no question

justinnum1
07-21-2012, 05:46 PM

all he wants is

Im sure he would resign for the max money, but good luck getting 100% effort from him on a consistent basis.

Vinylman
07-21-2012, 05:51 PM
Im sure he would resign for the max money, but good luck getting 100% effort from him on a consistent basis.

really :rolleyes:

thanks for the insight :clap:

Your basketball knowledge is unparalleled :rolleyes:

oh yeah... congrats on being 1 post closer to 40k... can't wait for the mission accomplished banner :clap:

justinnum1
07-21-2012, 05:57 PM
Yea really. If your going to say he gives 100% effort every game your str8 lying.

Vinylman
07-21-2012, 06:01 PM
Yea really. If your going to say he gives 100% effort every game your str8 lying.

proving again your cluelessness one post at a time

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

justinnum1
07-21-2012, 06:05 PM
Changing the topic because im right?

Cool beans. :)

Vinylman
07-21-2012, 06:09 PM
Changing the topic because im right?

Cool beans. :)

you are so clueless it is beyond belief

some other laker fans will probably come in here and explain to you where your

ASSumption is flawed

ThunderousDemon
07-21-2012, 06:11 PM
Howard will be with the Nets if he doesnt end up in LA.

The Nets would dump Lopez's contract for a 2nd round pick.

:o Give it up already.

D12 fan
07-21-2012, 06:24 PM
Magic gm is bytch,Magic owner is a stubborn bytch.

IKnowtrust
07-21-2012, 06:31 PM
If he goes to BRK, he's has to get traded after Jan 15 and the Trade Deadline, because Brook Lopez signed an extension and can't be traded until Jan 15. With Lopez and Humphries signed, I think a trade to Brooklyn in January is not going to have any problems of not getting done than it did this summer (if Dwight makes it to January).

Orlando!!! The Pressures On Them, With The Trade Deadline. If They Dont Trade Him Before Then They Get Nothing In Return.(Cavs) The Nets Offered The Most Over The Summer. With Pick And Young Up In Coming Players.

Verbal Christ
07-21-2012, 06:53 PM
Can't wait to see what awful deal the magic will accept after trying to play hardball.

Wade>You
07-21-2012, 07:05 PM
LoL at GMs getting frustrated with the Magic.

with the Magic's thinking seeming to be there's no need to rush when they possess the big asset everyone wants.

:cool:

Deal with it.

Fnom11
07-21-2012, 07:13 PM
Long hair, don't care

Raph12
07-21-2012, 07:25 PM
I feel bad for Orlando. It's an incredible city (I am soon going for another visit and am so pumped), my 2nd favorite to Chicago actually. I can only imagine how frustrating this is fir the fans; the city's best athlete dragging them through this crap. I hope Orlando trades Dwight soon, because the city and fans deserve better.

If they just traded him when he first asked for a trade (prior to training camp last season), none of this would've happened... Now both the Magic and Dwight have crapped all over their images; no star will ever want to play for the Magic and Dwight will forever become Shaq 2.0 (Orlando's Superman who left to go to LA so he could play with Kobe and the Lakers).

Raph12
07-21-2012, 07:29 PM
Stuff

Your friend (the one in your sig) is an idiot...

BigCityofDreams
07-21-2012, 07:35 PM
He does have some weird opinions I can't deny that lol. Which one bothered you?

Aust
07-21-2012, 07:54 PM
I heard it was the Cavs being the annoying/frustrating one's earlier on

Honestly don't know what to believe anymore

rhaas74
07-21-2012, 08:32 PM
I heard it was the Cavs being the annoying/frustrating one's earlier on

Honestly don't know what to believe anymore

During the Nets trade they were being pinned as the bad guy because they didn't want to take Humphries on a multi-year deal. Then when they couldn't negotiate that they inquired about Lopez, which promptly made the Magic say no but now we want Lopez and Tristan Thompson. That is when the Cavs walked away.

ldawg
07-21-2012, 11:26 PM
Hell i am frustrated with the Magic and i dont have to deal with them. This ish as been one crazy trade its going on two years and its getting more and more crazy. Its more sad seeing this drag to the point of disgust. Howard did flip flop but it seem like the magic organization have no clue what they are doing. NBA players that have a choice need to stay away from Orlando Maigic.

jayjay33
07-22-2012, 03:25 AM
So where can you trade d12 now? We know pretty much know for sure is not signing or promising any thing till the end of the season. So any team that trades for him is going to have to wait till the end of the year, AFTER the deadline for his desicion.

So if your Houston, you know no you will have to wait til then end if you trade for him. But how can you do that with all that Orlando wants you to give up? You cant wait till the end of the season, so you trade him to bk for Lopez and hump and brooks after all you gave up to get him? Even if he likes Houston ( which is dobutful cause they are not going to be that good) he still is not going make his decision before the end of the season. We all know that so what is the point?

Everybody saying well get him then trade him at the deadline. To who? Nobody is gonna take a chance like that, the team would have to be surpremely confident to take that chance. That leaves the nets and the laker who know they can keep him. So you send hom to bk? Now you got lopez at max hump at 12 for this year and the next. You lost your best young players and you aren't going to get any high Pick cause the nets will be very good and you will be just good enough to pick 8-10. You just set you franchise back 5 years. Why would houston do that? Regardless to wether u think he is going to bk or lal. Everbody here knows he is going into FA at the end of the season. So Houston already knows with 90% certaintiy they will have to trade him at the deadline and **** there team. So why trade for him at all?

GREATNESS ONE
07-22-2012, 03:36 AM
Very smart business man because he's about to get the best possible return for Howard at this point.

Cleveland and Houston both are going to chase Bynum.

jayjay33
07-22-2012, 03:36 AM
No they have not ensured anything. Bynum is not talking less money to leave lal.....if he is still on the team he is taking that 5yr 100mill i guarantee it. The laker are not worried about Bynum leaving in the least. That's just silly......

GREATNESS ONE
07-22-2012, 03:45 AM
:eyebrow: in a 3-way trade

jayjay33
07-22-2012, 04:04 AM
:eyebrow: in a 3-way trade

No I was talking about Bynum not being traded but just leaving at the end if the season via FA. But i was not talking to you, I was trying to quote someone who said he was. But I guess I ****ed it up. Lol

GREATNESS ONE
07-22-2012, 04:06 AM
Haha no worries :)

I'm just stoked that this is all gonna end soon and we can go about our other sports and stories lol

LA_Raiders
07-22-2012, 04:08 AM
lol, Rob is the worst GM ever...

jayjay33
07-22-2012, 04:12 AM
Haha no worries :)

I'm just stoked that this is all gonna end soon and we can go about our other sports and stories lol

I really hope so....cause this **** has gotten old "fast".......

jayjay33
07-22-2012, 04:13 AM
lol, Rob is the worst GM ever...

He new and this is a huge deal..... He is gun shy.

GREATNESS ONE
07-22-2012, 04:14 AM
Telling you. Put it all together Bynum would look good on either team Cleveland or Houston and it's time to see who wants him more and end this circus. Lol

RLundi
07-22-2012, 12:02 PM

all he wants is

Thanks for letting me know you have an incredibly short attention span?

I'm more than aware of Bynum's 'there's a bank in every city' comment. But if you honestly think trade rumors have absolutely no impact on him -- un-implied or understated -- you're deluding yourself. Acceptance and a desire to be wanted is one of humans' most basic functions. How can you be so sure he won't think twice about leaving LA? Is that you, Andrew?

justinnum1
07-22-2012, 12:12 PM

I'm more than aware of Bynum's 'there's a bank in every city' comment. But if you honestly think trade rumors have absolutely no impact on him -- un-implied or understated -- you're deluding yourself. Acceptance and a desire to be wanted is one of humans' most basic functions. How can you be so sure he won't think twice about leaving LA? Is that you, Andrew?

he sure is.

MagicBucsSox
07-22-2012, 12:17 PM
When they say they're gonna move him early August tells me they're waiting on rookie deals to clear

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-22-2012, 12:27 PM

And like I said before, whatever may be the case, Dwight won't be a Net.

D12 fan
07-22-2012, 12:31 PM
Orlando is in a bad situation really because they only have 2 teams willing to trade for Dwight.So they don't have much leverage to create a bidding war for him.LA/Hou will continue to lowball them with offers,they just need to make the best deal and move on.

Raph12
07-22-2012, 01:17 PM
He does have some weird opinions I can't deny that lol. Which one bothered you?

All of them lol, he sounds like a very ignorant fan.

Vinylman
07-22-2012, 03:03 PM

You haven't followed him like us laker fans since his rookie year... so here is some background...

You are obviously discounting the counsel he is getting from his agent David Lee who is notoriously a MOST MONEY DEAL WHORE rather than best fit (see Ariza)

You are obviously ignoring the constraints of the new cba wherein a player can no longer be S&T'd and get the extra year not to mention the larger scale increases...

Sadly, you are MISSING the most important thing... Andrew Bynum has multiple character flaws... his greatest of these is entitlement closely followed by his insecurity and need to prove his value through numbers (touches, 3pt shooting, all star selections, compensation). The ultimate number for him to prove his value is his salary As a result, there is no way he won't take a max deal in LA

As for the bolded... once again you prove you know nothing about Andrew Bynum... his narcissism knows no equal.

knicks4life33
07-22-2012, 05:03 PM
well hey they gotta weigh there options tryin get the best deal possible

BigCityofDreams
07-22-2012, 05:20 PM
All of them lol, he sounds like a very ignorant fan.

LOL @ all of them. True me hearing them was tough especially the Aaron Rodgers one :speechless:. He has been right on a number of occasions though. I'll give him credit for saying after the Pistons won in 04 they will win another ring with that group.

Sssmush
07-22-2012, 05:28 PM
CLEARLY there is a lot of truth to that report. I have no idea what the **** Vescey is talking about. Anyone with any commonsense can see that the Magic are dragging their feet... my theory has been that Hennigan just flat out doesn't have the authority to trade Dwight Howard without DeVos's approval, and DeVos just flat out doesn't approve of trading Howard yet.

Obviously, the teams that have tried to trade for Howard (Brooklyn, Houston, Lakers, etc) have been highly motivated to GET Howard, to complete a trade for him. They've been highly motivated and worked hard to put packages together and to make attractive offers.

Howard is still in Orlando and hasn't been traded as of now, so... obviously this report is 100% correct, because it is only Orlando who can be blocking each and every potential trade.

The crazy rumor we heard about ALL of Houstons rookies, 2nd year players and picks going to Orlando for Dwight, Turk, Richardson and Davis MIGHT'VE been the lone exception, that might've been an Orlando counteroffer that Houston turned down and then everybody denied. But I actually doubt that Hennigan even had approval from DeVos on that deal. Any deal that anybody works out with Hennigan then later has to be approved by DeVos, who is then highly likely to veto it.

Sssmush
07-22-2012, 05:36 PM
As a magic fan, it's ****ing disturbing. I want it to be over already. Make the damn deal with Houston. Just make a damn deal. The reporters in Orlando are so bad at reporting what's going on. They are consistently 3 days behind on every single rumor and continue to make it seem like they know what they are talking about when in reality they have no damn clue. I realize we're gonna suck, but dragging out the Dwightmare is just making the franchise look absolutely ********. Who is going to want to come to Orlando after this ****. I realize there's 2 sides to every story, and that most of the coverage is blown way out of proportion, but good god he doesn't want to be here, can they please just move on from Dwight.

Yeah, none of us have even considered the Orlando fans in all of this. The Magic management have dragged the franchise down so low at this point it is truly unbelievable.

They've kind of just hunkered down and turtled up, just like "we don't care, we are just going to wait for the best trade and be patient" regardless of the cost to the franchise name and how stupid it makes them look; or, in actuality I think, they still might believe they can sign Dwight longterm if they just weather the storm.

The PR is soooo bad though. And, who is actually going to go to the games and watch Turkoglu and Richardson, unless it is for the sheer novelty and curiosity factor of it? Like, who are these guys who suck so bad their team tried to dump their salary 279 times in every possible deal, why do they suck so bad? Let's watch on TV just to see if they suck as bad as everybody says. And oh yeah, there's Dwight Howard sitting behind the bench in a suit laughing with his friends.

D12 fan
07-22-2012, 05:37 PM
The Magic just want attention,they know once they trade Dwight their franchise will be irrelevant on the Nat'l stage.So they just want to soak up as much attention as possible before they trade their star and rebuild.

Sssmush
07-22-2012, 05:42 PM
The Magic just want attention,they know once they trade Dwight their franchise will be irrelevant on the Nat'l stage.So they just want to soak up as much attention as possible before they trade their star and rebuild.

yeah... I think it's kind of like soaking up bacon grease and cockroaches at this point, not sure how much more of this attention they want to soak up... but we'll see. Maybe they go the whole year and just say "**** it."

Some fans will actually applaud them for "not giving in to Dwight's demands," especially if Howard goes out there and plays a few playoff games for them next spring

Aust
07-22-2012, 07:54 PM
When they say they're gonna move him early August tells me they're waiting on rookie deals to clear

:clap:

FlashMacker
07-22-2012, 08:53 PM
He should have never opted in this year :pity: He could've been in Brooklyn right now lol

Iceman_9
07-22-2012, 09:09 PM
Their GM just simply lacks testicles.