PDA

View Full Version : Bynum is not interested in Cavs

eternal slumber
07-19-2012, 03:38 PM
http://www.ohio.com/sports/cavs/cavaliers-report-no-substance-to-latest-rumors-involving-cavs-lakers-and-magic-1.321199

how do you think about this guys? discuss.

NoahH
07-19-2012, 03:40 PM
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=741551

Losoway
07-19-2012, 03:41 PM
like i said i knew it

justinnum1
07-19-2012, 03:41 PM
Damn this is getting old real fast. Magic will just hold onto him for now.

Zefflin
07-19-2012, 03:42 PM
he's going to chicago or someplace random like an ******* would

D12 fan
07-19-2012, 03:43 PM
It's old and you're a Magic fan.lmfao try again.

waveycrockett
07-19-2012, 03:54 PM
Wow

RT @****** Agent: Andrew Bynum Doesn't Have Cavaliers On List Of Preferred Destinations -- http://t.co/ZljZf4G0

. Andrew Bynum's agent, David Lee, was surprised to read a recent report indicating his interest in signing a new deal with the Cavaliers.

"When I read it online I was in Alaska with Andrew and his family," said Lee. "I was taken aback by the list considering there is nobody in anybody’s camp he could’ve been talking to. I have no idea where that came about."

The Cavaliers have been involved in multi-team Dwight Howard/Bynum trade talks involving the Lakers and Magic.

The Yahoo! report also included the Mavericksasa team Bynum would beinterestedin signing with.

Via Jason Lloyd/Akron Beacon Journal

Andrew Bynum, Cleveland Cavaliers, Los Angeles Lakers, NBA,

Blazers#1Fan
07-19-2012, 03:55 PM
Portland needs to get in this trade picks and bench players maybe leonard for bynum

Bynum
Aldridge
Batum
Matthews
Lillard

Is a nasty team easily playoffs west conf finals vs LA/okc until kobes gone

D12 fan
07-19-2012, 03:55 PM
Nets fans trolling hard

waveycrockett
07-19-2012, 03:56 PM
Bynum not trying to get traded bro

D12 fan
07-19-2012, 03:57 PM
Quit trolling bro we already have thread on this bro.

waveycrockett
07-19-2012, 03:58 PM
Quit trolling bro we already have thread on this bro.

Bynum not playing ball bro

justinnum1
07-19-2012, 03:59 PM
lmao!

nothing better than conflicting reports!

Monta is beast
07-19-2012, 03:59 PM
David Lee's his agent, nice.

*Superman*
07-19-2012, 04:00 PM
David Lee's his agent, nice.

:laugh:

Lee: "Bynum wants to go to Cleveland?....**** that ****, no deal!"

majmarcus
07-19-2012, 04:02 PM
Exactly

eternal slumber
07-19-2012, 04:04 PM

this is becoming a thread actually.

Gritz
07-19-2012, 04:09 PM
Aw bro, cavs could've used a strong man to help shovel snow

kevin916
07-19-2012, 04:14 PM
Obviously people cant read. He doesnt have a list!!!! Never said he isnt interested in Cleveland either. He is gonna be interested in whoever can give him a max deal!!

ThunderousDemon
07-19-2012, 04:17 PM
It was either going to be Waveycrockett or losoway who would create this thread, you guys are pathetic.

smith&wesson
07-19-2012, 04:18 PM
haha. bynum doesnt wanna get traded.

he could be really good with irving. i dont see why he wouldnt go to clevland. that would be a good fit for him.

waveycrockett
07-19-2012, 04:19 PM
Obviously people cant read. He doesnt have a list!!!! Never said he isnt interested in Cleveland either. He is gonna be interested in whoever can give him a max deal!!

Too bad he is interested in getting that max deal in LA instead of another bum *** city

jiggin
07-19-2012, 04:20 PM
doesn't really matter if he is interested in cleveland or not, UNLESS HE HAS A NO TRADE CLAUSE IN HIS CONTRACT.

Why do NBA players feel like they have this right? ITS A BUSINESS. No trade clause...then you can talk. If you don't have one, SHUT UP...they can and should trade you to any other team they can if they feel it betters their franchise.

*Superman*
07-19-2012, 04:21 PM
It was either going to be Waveycrockett or losoway who would create this thread, you guys are pathetic.

Dwight to BKN dog! Don't let 'em tell you different!

jiggin
07-19-2012, 04:23 PM
Guess he forgot he made this comment not so long ago:

http://youtu.be/cgBB04DU__Y

"I'm not sure," he said. "It really doesn't matter to me. I'll play anywhere. I think for the most part I had a pretty decent season and then an OK postseason. Obviously this last game was the worst game I've probably played. It sucks, obviously, we're going fishing. My focus is next year and coming back stronger, adding things to my game."

ThunderousDemon
07-19-2012, 04:23 PM
Dwight to BKN dog! Don't let 'em tell you different!

Jan 15, they probably repeat it in their head over and over again.

Jarvo
07-19-2012, 04:24 PM
:facepalm:

DPineda85
07-19-2012, 04:26 PM
This thread is very misleading. No where does it say Bynum is not interested in Cleveland. All it says is that Lee does not know where that list came from. Meaning the list Bynum created of teams he would "sign" with. He does not deny the list, nor does he confirm it.
Good try on your effort to read between the lines though.

Muttman73
07-19-2012, 04:27 PM
39K is a lot of posts

Mr_Amaziing
07-19-2012, 04:30 PM
It'll be awesome if he came to Okc .... But he wouldn't want to be here and he's gonna want the max

NBA_Starter
07-19-2012, 04:31 PM
doesn't really matter if he is interested in cleveland or not, UNLESS HE HAS A NO TRADE CLAUSE IN HIS CONTRACT.

Why do NBA players feel like they have this right? ITS A BUSINESS. No trade clause...then you can talk. If you don't have one, SHUT UP...they can and should trade you to any other team they can if they feel it betters their franchise.

It matters because Cleveland will back out if they don't get a promise.

justinnum1
07-19-2012, 04:32 PM

this.

King41
07-19-2012, 04:39 PM
But he wouldn't want to be here and he's gonna want the max

problem of 99% of all star FA

BigBlueCrew
07-19-2012, 04:40 PM
WOW

is every post/thread you make always prefaced with a WOW? :laugh2:

Aust
07-19-2012, 04:41 PM

Certainly a possibility. I'm guessing if/when the Rockets are the 3rd team he'd say the the same thing

Lakers + Giants
07-19-2012, 04:43 PM
Wavey loves to start threads when it looks like Dwight isn't going to Lakers. As soon as there's another Tweet saying Dwight is going to Lakers he ignores it though. It's Hilarious. He only listens to what he wants to hear.

Jroz
07-19-2012, 04:49 PM
damn you bynum

Avenged
07-19-2012, 04:52 PM
And the saga continues!

Dade County
07-19-2012, 04:52 PM

Thats your logic, Bynum can sign wherever he wants when he becomes a free agent.

Jroz
07-19-2012, 04:58 PM
damn you bynum

koberulesall
07-19-2012, 05:04 PM
welllll sucks to be bynum cause thats where hes going lol!!!

IIISSKiLL
07-19-2012, 05:06 PM
Bynum just wants to go to a team that'll let him shoot 3's

jayjay33
07-19-2012, 05:07 PM
welllll sucks to be bynum cause thats where hes going lol!!!

After what Cle, went through with LBJ, no way that trade without bynum's blessing.

waveycrockett
07-19-2012, 05:08 PM

This

AKA TheMamba
07-19-2012, 05:10 PM
Try reading the article guys, Mass herd just flocking to the title of these threads and not once taking the time to reading the content. There's no list just assumptions by a sports writer for hits. One thing thats for sure is that he wants MAX money!!! END THE DWIGHTMARE PLEASE!!!

Arch Stanton
07-19-2012, 05:11 PM
“@JasonLloydABJ: Andrew Bynum's agent has had 'zero contact' with #Cavs regarding possible trade. Link: http://t.co/u8a1LWzz”

Andrew Bynum's agent said he has had no talks with Cavs GM Chris Grant and doesn't believe a trade involving his client to Cleveland is imminent.
View Larger Version >>
The agent for Lakers All-Star Andrew Bynum said he has held no discussions with the Cavaliers and doesn't believe a deal involving his client to Cleveland is imminent.

"I've had zero conversations with Chris Grant," said David Lee, Bynum's agent. "I would imagine any team involved in this trade would be smart enough to talk to us."

While Bynum is under contract to the Lakers, it is common in trades of this magnitude for agents to be consulted before a deal is completed. Particularly in the case of Bynum, who can be a free agent at the end of the season.

Cleveland was listed in a recent Yahoo Sports report*as a potential destination Bynum would consider in free agency next summer, but Lee said he had no idea how the two were linked.

"I am often puzzled as to the basis of an article. I am particularly puzzled with that one," Lee said. "When I read it, I was in Alaska with Andrew and his family. I have no clue who he could have been talking to. I was taken aback by the list, considering there is nobody in anybody's camp he could've been talking to. I have no idea where that came about."

Asked if Bynum would indeed be interested in signing long-term with the Cavaliers, who have the cap space to take him, Lee declined comment.

"We are not in position to discuss that at this time," he said.

The Cavs couldn't feasibly trade for Bynum without him agreeing to an extension.

The Cavs have been mentioned as possible trade partners with the Los Angeles Lakers and Orlando Magic as the Magic continue to explore trade options involving Dwight Howard.

Multiple news outlets have reported Thursday that Howard is now open to signing an extension with the Lakers, but that shouldn't have much bearing on the trade negotiations. The Lakers were already pursuing Howard heavily even without an agreement from him to commit to the franchise long term.*

bholly
07-19-2012, 05:11 PM
Right on cue.

From 4:45am:

Anyone else just waiting for the next story about Bynum not being that keen on Houston, or Cleveland, or wherever the rumour of the day is?

I don't see any reason to just take his list at face value rather than assume it was a ploy to scare Orlando off from trading for him. He's in the perfect situation and he knows it, and yet when he comes out with a list everyone's surprised by the teams on it but just buys it anyway? Come on.

This is based only on my own speculation and assumptions, but I fully expect that if any rumour really heats up about Bynum to Cleveland, or Houston, or Orlando, or wherever, we'll be hearing pretty quickly (likely through his agent via Woj again) that he isn't so keen on that team anymore, and wouldn't re-sign.

If you were Bynum or his agent - in one of the biggest markets there is, for the biggest team there is, with the best chance of a ring he's getting for a while - wouldn't that be your exact plan?

AKA TheMamba
07-19-2012, 05:13 PM
After what Cle, went through with LBJ, no way that trade without bynum's blessing.

Exactly.. Varajao + (filler young talent) + picks for Bynum???? They must be braindead not taking a chance to pair Waiters + Irving + Bynum together... Thats a nasty trio!!!

waveycrockett
07-19-2012, 05:16 PM
@JasonLloydABJ: Andrew Bynum's agent has had 'zero contact' with #Cavs regarding possible trade

"I've had zero conversations with Chris Grant," said David Lee, Bynum's agent. "I would imagine any team involved in this trade would be smart enough to talk to us."

"I am often puzzled as to the basis of an article. I am particularly puzzled with that one," Lee said. "When I read it, I was in Alaska with Andrew and his family. I have no clue who he could have been talking to. I was taken aback by the list, considering there is nobody in anybody's camp he could've been talking to. I have no idea where that came about."

Asked if Bynum would indeed be interested in signing long-term with the Cavaliers, who have the cap space to take him, Lee declined comment.

The Cavs couldn't feasibly trade for Bynum without him agreeing to an extension.

Nice post bro. Makes zero sense for the Cavs to give everything they worked for on a gamble for Bynum.

waveycrockett
07-19-2012, 05:17 PM
Exactly.. Varajao + (filler young talent) + picks for Bynum???? They must be braindead not taking a chance to pair Waiters + Irving + Bynum together... Thats a nasty trio!!!

Whose to say they wouldn't have to give up waiters? They probably would

LOOTERX9
07-19-2012, 05:21 PM
LOL At lakers. they not getting dwight now. plus orlando not serious bout trading howard anyways

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-19-2012, 05:28 PM
Wow, you guys are really ganging up on D12 fan. Ease up fellas! :laugh2:

j-bay
07-19-2012, 05:31 PM
I told you guys he's not going from a nice place like LA to Cleveland

DaVille
07-19-2012, 05:34 PM
rofl

AKA TheMamba
07-19-2012, 05:34 PM
Whose to say they wouldn't have to give up waiters? They probably would

Then it would make zero sense for the Cavs if Waiters was involved. TBH if the Cavs are serious about the trade scenarios they should keep that core and not give up Waiters by any means. I don't wanna see another lakers raping, and hear about it for the next 5 years here on PSD.

WITZ
07-19-2012, 05:45 PM
@JasonLloydABJ: Andrew Bynum's agent has had 'zero contact' with #Cavs regarding possible trade. Link: http://t.co/u8a1LWzz

Andrew Bynum's agent said he has had no talks with Cavs GM Chris Grant and doesn't believe a trade involving his client to Cleveland is imminent.
View Larger Version >>
The agent for Lakers All-Star Andrew Bynum said he has held no discussions with the Cavaliers and doesn't believe a deal involving his client to Cleveland is imminent.

While Bynum is under contract to the Lakers, it is common in trades of this magnitude for agents to be consulted before a deal is completed. Particularly in the case of Bynum, who can be a free agent at the end of the season.

Cleveland was listed in a recent Yahoo Sports report*as a potential destination Bynum would consider in free agency next summer, but Lee said he had no idea how the two were linked.

The Cavs have been mentioned as possible trade partners with the Los Angeles Lakers and Orlando Magic as the Magic continue to explore trade options involving Dwight Howard.

Multiple news outlets have reported Thursday that Howard is now open to signing an extension with the Lakers, but that shouldn't have much bearing on the trade negotiations. The Lakers were already pursuing Howard heavily even without an agreement from him to commit to the franchise long term.*

Well this thread should be locked now. His agent confirmed that he has had no talks with the cavs gm over a contract for Bynum.

DODGERS&LAKERS
07-19-2012, 06:50 PM
I hate when people are so dumb and unable to comprehend what they read that it makes me feel so intellectually superior. And I'm not even very smart. It really has me questioning our educational system.

Please! For the love of God, someone show me where in that article did Bynum or his agent say he is NOT interested in Cleveland? It just seems like it might be relevant since that is the premise that this thread was started under.

Dee_Edge
07-19-2012, 06:57 PM
....pretty sure this will drag on a bite longer now.

....rush is over.

Dade County
07-19-2012, 07:06 PM
(My logic) lol

What if Bynum takes this personal and he signs with a contender when this season is over for the cheap ( 2yr contract only).

Just so he can win rings over L.A... Just a thought. He is a all star type center drafted by the Lakers and they just want to ship him off, I don't think that will sit well with Bynum.

Their are a hand full of contending teams that need a center like Bynum (he would be loved in that NEW city)

:laugh2: I am laughing because I know someone is going to read between the lines, and call me out...I couldn't help myself :D

rhaas74
07-19-2012, 07:20 PM
I hate when people are so dumb and unable to comprehend what they read that it makes me feel so intellectually superior. And I'm not even very smart. It really has me questioning our educational system.

Please! For the love of God, someone show me where in that article did Bynum or his agent say he is NOT interested in Cleveland? It just seems like it might be relevant since that is the premise that this thread was started under.

I wanted to respond the exact same way after reading the article. At no point in the article did it say that he did not want to be traded to the Cavs. All it said was that there was no truth to the rumors that have been going on.

Do I want this trade to happen? Yes. Do I want this trade to happen if it includes young players, all of our cap space, and a ton of picks? No. The Cavs are in position to wait for FA next year, when they will have roughly $20 million on the books. That is a ton of cap space. They could simply do a sign-and-trade with the Lakers next year, giving up a future first and giving them a trade exception, which they could turn around and use on Dwight Howard if he has not signed a contract extension by that point.

The way I see it, the Cavs hold the leverage. If Orlando wants Houston's offer for Howard, then Bynum will be a FA next summer. If Houston is the third team in this trade then oh well, the Cavs will still have a ton of cap space and a ton of picks to get the players they want. I just don't see a point in leveraging the future of the team.

Like I said though, if they can maintain some cap space, keep some picks, and not lose too much young talent it is a deal that has to be entertained.

Sssmush
07-19-2012, 07:31 PM
Yeah... now that Dwight Howard has seen the light, and his heart and soul belong to the LA Lakers, and he is determined to come to LA, even more than he was determined to go to Brooklyn... the clock is started for Dwight's departure from Orlando.

At this point it doesn't matter if Orlando holds on to him all year and he goes free agent, or if he gets dealt to Houston or whatever. He will still come to LA, and the door is open. He can be signed in free agency, or a sign and trade for Bynum can be done, if Bynum wants a full max contract.

If Bynum doesn't cooperate in swinging a trade now, or if Orlando is suddenly looking for a boatload of assets, then Lakers should just have a great season, make a title run, and let the clock run on the Dwight situation.

I'd give it seven days, if Orlando is willing to close a deal, do it. If not, communication stops until next Summer's free agency, unless they are willing to do a cheap deal at the tradeline.

tunnicliffderek
07-19-2012, 07:32 PM
Then it would make zero sense for the Cavs if Waiters was involved. TBH if the Cavs are serious about the trade scenarios they should keep that core and not give up Waiters by any means. I don't wanna see another lakers raping, and hear about it for the next 5 years here on PSD.

nice sig

waveycrockett
07-19-2012, 07:32 PM
The Cavs could sign Bynum out right in FA. Wtf would be the point in trading a bunch of young guys like Waiters and TT for him? And Bynum has no incentive to agree to be traded at this point. And yes he would need to extend before being dealt so a trade wont happen without his OK.

Sssmush
07-19-2012, 07:36 PM
My point is, now that Dwight has made his decision for THE LAKERS, the game has changed completely.

Now every move that Orlando makes, or that Houston makes, or whatever, will be viewed by Dwight as an attempt to keep him from his one and only preferred destination, the Lakers.

The Laker fans and the Laker franchise is awesome... so he is making the right decision. Coming to LA is by far the best situation for him. He will be a zillionaire playboy, and probably star in Transformers 4 or something. And win some rings.

Sssmush
07-19-2012, 07:41 PM
The Cavs could sign Bynum out right in FA. Wtf would be the point in trading a bunch of young guys like Waiters and TT for him? And Bynum has no incentive to agree to be traded at this point. And yes he would need to extend before being dealt so a trade wont happen without his OK.

**** Bynum.

He is a very good player, and I have been very supportive of him all along, even when people were down on him.

But I saw this coming, that suddenly he turns into a Vlade Divac or something and tries to **** up the Dwight Howard trade.

We can't worry about what Bynum does at this point. Dwight Howard can come to LA in free agency now next summer if necessary.

All Orlando has is a one year rental, and the Bird rights. That's it. That's really not much to trade. That's really not worth 27 draft picks and $30M in cap relief and 4 players and a center. Actually, now I'm somewhat glad that Orlando put all the kids on with Dwight during "The Phone Call" because now this has worked out for the Lakers. Brooklyn wasn't patient enough and didn't truly value and truly want Dwight there.

waveycrockett
07-19-2012, 07:41 PM
Now every move that Orlando makes, or that Houston makes, or whatever, will be viewed by Dwight as an attempt to keep him from his one and only preferred destination until Jan 15th, the Lakers.

fify

Sssmush
07-19-2012, 07:45 PM
Also, I should mention, if Bynum is suddenly being intransigent about this, with the worst possible timing for the Lakers, then call this the end of the Jim Buss / Bynum love affair.

This virtually guarantees that Bynum is in his last season as a Laker, unless he gets traded sooner. Even if Bynum wins MVP and playoff MVP and All Star MVP, I think there will be some resentment that he ****ed up the Howard trade, and he will end up being gone to pave the way for D12 in LA.

justinnum1
07-19-2012, 07:46 PM
woj
Y! Sources: As part of 3-way Dwight Howard deal to Lakers, Cleveland wants assurance Bynum would sign extension.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-19-2012, 07:46 PM
Sssmush sounds so stupid when he talks lol

waveycrockett
07-19-2012, 07:49 PM
woj

"Damn I'd really like to play in Cleveland over LA" -said no one ever

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-19-2012, 07:50 PM

Lmao

Sssmush
07-19-2012, 07:58 PM
Sssmush sounds so stupid when he talks lol

But seriously, you know I'm right... right Orlando?

Whatdya got? A one year rental on Dwight Howard + Bird rights, with an injured Dwight in a city he doesn't want to be in.

That's the same thing that no team in the league is ready to send much of anything to get. No team is going to send a bunch of assets to bring Dwight to a city he doesn't want to be in, for a one year rental, when he is injured and the free agent drama will not be fun after the season.

That's ALL that Orlando has. Orlando is Houston by the sea, with a bunch of crap contracts and NO tradeable assets except for Dwight Howard.

D12 wants to come to LA now... that changes everything. That is a complete gamechanger. We've seen how determined Dwight is when he decides on a team.

waveycrockett
07-19-2012, 08:01 PM
LMAO this trade is in Bynum's hands. Def not happening.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Y! Sources: As part of 3-way Dwight Howard deal to Lakers, Cleveland wants assurance Bynum would sign extension.

Lakeshow24KB
07-19-2012, 08:02 PM

Luke Walton says hi lmao

waveycrockett
07-19-2012, 08:06 PM
Luke Walton says hi lmao

Everyone had thought Luke died in LA. Bynum is no Walton.

Kobe4Life
07-19-2012, 08:10 PM
Portland needs to get in this trade picks and bench players maybe leonard for bynum

Bynum
Aldridge
Batum
Matthews
Lillard

Is a nasty team easily playoffs west conf finals vs LA/okc until kobes gone

LAMO Leonard

MickeyMgl
07-19-2012, 08:12 PM
how do you think about this guys? discuss.

I think it's a misleading headline.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-19-2012, 08:12 PM
@sssmush I dont want Dwight here no more and I'm certain there no chance in hell he stays here ... if that helps lol

thephoenixson28
07-19-2012, 08:20 PM

Exactly, he isn't staying in LA that's for sure.

MickeyMgl
07-19-2012, 08:20 PM

Bynum's incentive is the extra millions he could get by re-signing with the team who has him rather than signing with a new team. The Cavs could have his Bird rights and give him as much as $40 million more, or he could sign there as a free agent and leave his Bird rights behind, in which case he loses out on all that money.

rhaas74
07-19-2012, 08:32 PM
Bynum's incentive is the extra millions he could get by re-signing with the team who has him rather than signing with a new team. The Cavs could have his Bird rights and give him as much as $40 million more, or he could sign there as a free agent and leave his Bird rights behind, in which case he loses out on all that money.

Or he could do a sign-and-trade with whichever team he goes to, allowing him to make more money and the Lakers to obtain picks and a trade exception.

It is just that if a team trades for him now they have more security that he will sign with them after the year as they own his bird rights. It is not a new concept, that is what both LeBron and Bosh did a couple years ago.

Losoway
07-19-2012, 08:34 PM

lmaoooo

rhaas74
07-19-2012, 08:41 PM
We can't worry about what Bynum does at this point. Dwight Howard can come to LA in free agency now next summer if necessary.

No he cant. The Lakers have no cap space or assets of value to the Magic. The entire reason the Cavs or Rockets are involved in these talks is that very reason. The salaries would have to match. What package of $20 million could the Lakers send to Orlando that would interest them at all? Fact is, if they don't trade for him they aren't getting him.

Cavs on the other hand can trade for Bynum now, or wait until FA next year when they will have even more cap space. They could even grab another marquee FA and make their big 3 of Irving/Bynum/FA, plus Waiters, Tristan, and Zeller. All while maintaining their draft picks as well.

The only way that they could possibly get Dwight as a FA is if Bynum does a sign-and-trade with Cleveland first, giving the Lakers a trade exception. The Lakers could then use the trade exception to do a sign and trade for Dwight. This screws over the Magic though, as they get a trade exception and maybe a pick or two while keeping their bad contracts.

Dawgpound3
07-19-2012, 08:46 PM
I still think that Dwight ends up as a Laker... JMO

LAKERS4LIFE!!
07-19-2012, 08:53 PM
It's funny seeing so many heat/net fans hoping & saying Lakers have no chance of getting Dwight especially when everyone else see's that the Lakers have a very good chance in getting him eventually. Poor Net fans can't stand knowing that without Dwight they're not going anywhere while Heat fans are just scared.

dodie53
07-19-2012, 08:59 PM
again,
nothing
is
imminent.
argh.

justjames
07-19-2012, 09:02 PM
Y'all kneed to take a step back from the Dwight talks. Read a book. Play a game.

waveycrockett
07-19-2012, 09:05 PM
Josh Robbins ‏@JoshuaBRobbins
All signs -- coaching finalists, not wanting Bynum -- show #Magic want to bottom out. That strategy requires luck to work.

wow

LA_Raiders
07-19-2012, 09:09 PM
DH will be a Laker soon...

DLCK
07-19-2012, 09:10 PM
I think its hilarious all the same Nets fans that were sipping the same twitter and bspn dwight howard kool aid we the laker fans are now . But now that they dont have a shot at him now they want to point out any negative or contradictory report. Then you have the same heats fans lurking and trolling and hating on both lakers and nets fan because they are worried about a chance of a repeat . lmao

BKLYNpigeon
07-19-2012, 09:15 PM
Bynum said earlier that he loves Kyrie and would love to play for the Cavs. I think he's just stirring rumors up to get a Max deal.

all in all, Dwight will end up in LA somehow.

waveycrockett
07-19-2012, 09:18 PM
I think its hilarious all the same Nets fans that were sipping the same twitter and bspn dwight howard kool aid we the laker fans are now . But now that they dont have a shot at him now they want to point out any negative or contradictory report. Then you have the same heats fans lurking and trolling and hating on both lakers and nets fan because they are worried about a chance of a repeat . lmao

Just keeping you updated fellas. Your welcome.:)

jayjay33
07-19-2012, 09:26 PM

Your right, but your missing the point. The cavs want his promise/commit NOW. Sure he will proably sign and not lose out on his dollars. But that doesn't matter cause they want him to commit to them ie no testing FA right now. Theres is no way i can see bynum doing that, I just can't. Cavs are going to have to back of the commitment now thing or this is not hapenping.

Aust
07-19-2012, 09:35 PM
Your right, but your missing the point. The cavs want his promise/commit NOW. Sure he will proably sign and not lose out on his dollars. But that doesn't matter cause they want him to commit to them ie no testing FA right now. Theres is no way i can see bynum doing that, I just can't. Cavs are going to have to back of the commitment now thing or this is not hapenping.

Which is why I see Houston as the third team. McHale and Hakeem tutoring Bynum, a FO with the stones to roll the dice, that hunger for a big man, and having the confidence to think they can persuade him to stay.

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-19-2012, 09:36 PM

Don't worry dude, Nets fans aren't flipping, I mean they're very fortunate.

They get to spend the next 2 yrs with Kris Humphries and the next 5 yrs with Brook Lopez.

They're very very lucky in my estimation.

Losoway
07-19-2012, 09:42 PM
actually the nets are pretty smart . we gave our big guy a contract to keep him happy while all the teams troll for dwight . we step back and wait till next year (guarantee howard will still be a magic ) and we make a trade for him .

the magic will get some assets and still have a winning record (dwight can carry anything over .500)

winning

jayjay33
07-19-2012, 09:44 PM

Which is why I see Houston as the third team. McHale and Hakeem tutoring Bynum, a FO with the stones to roll the dice, that hunger for a big man, and having the confidence to think they can persuade him to stay.

Or the cavs have To back off and wait till the end of the year. Cause Bynum is no doing that "now". He's just not......

waveycrockett
07-19-2012, 09:45 PM
Don't worry dude, Nets fans aren't flipping, I mean they're very fortunate.

They get to spend the next 2 yrs with Kris Humphries and the next 5 yrs with Brook Lopez.

They're very very lucky in my estimation.

And you guys have 2 years until Nash and Kobe retire and everything starts falling apart before the Clippers take over. Sure you guys aren't desperate or anything.

Dawgpound3
07-19-2012, 09:47 PM
If I were an GM, I would not trade for Dwight when I know his contract ends up after this season. And if any of the teams think like that, Magic GM Rob Hannigan may be left with his you know what swinging in the wind

Verbal Christ
07-19-2012, 09:59 PM
Lol this offseason is the best!

Wait,what? You wanna revisit talks with the rockets? You were wondering if the original offer still stands? Mmmm yeahhh I'm sure morey is going to go two fingers deep down to the second knuckle. ahhhh leverage is a beautiful thing. Anyone else think this new kid GM is getting played and is outsmarting his own damn self? Good stuff.

5ass
07-19-2012, 10:07 PM
Lol this offseason is the best!

Wait,what? You wanna revisit talks with the rockets? You were wondering if the original offer still stands? Mmmm yeahhh I'm sure morey is going to go two fingers deep down to the second knuckle. ahhhh leverage is a beautiful thing. Anyone else think this new kid GM is getting played and is outsmarting his own damn self? Good stuff.

it crossed my mind at one point, but lets judge by the results. Its too early to draw conclusions. Why do you think Houston has leverage? The lakers might be able to put together a better package than houston if a 3rd team is involved.

Cubby
07-19-2012, 10:08 PM
It's old and you're a Magic fan.lmfao try again.

What fan are you? Seems like it changes every week.

WhiteSoxGod
07-19-2012, 10:10 PM
it crossed my mind at one point, but lets judge by the results. Its too early to draw conclusions. Why do you think Houston has leverage? The lakers might be able to put together a better package than houston if a 3rd team is involved.

Name the package that would trump the rockets. Not even the Cavs can give what the Rockets can AND the Rockets would trade without any commitment of any kind.

Aust
07-19-2012, 10:14 PM
Name the package that would trump the rockets. Not even the Cavs can give what the Rockets can AND the Rockets would trade without any commitment of any kind.

The Lakers and Rockets would trump the Rockets. This is what the Lakers and Magic would rather have.

waveycrockett
07-19-2012, 10:17 PM
The Lakers and Rockets would trump the Rockets. This is what the Lakers and Magic would rather have.

:confused:

5ass
07-19-2012, 10:18 PM

I cant name the package, because there is no package, but there could be a package that is better than the Rockets that has not yet been formed. All im saying is dont be so sure about anything.

WhiteSoxGod
07-19-2012, 10:20 PM

Holy **** did you just say that??? LOL

Do you think the rockets give 2 ***** what is good for the Lakers and Magic? the Rockets are going to do what's best for the Rockets.

:confused:
LOL I am as confused as hell too regarding this statement.

WhiteSoxGod
07-19-2012, 10:22 PM
I cant name the package, because there is no package, but there could be a package that is better than the Rockets that has not yet been formed. All im saying is dont be so sure about anything.

But that's my point, the Magic would be hard pressed to find another team that is as willing to give up youth & draft picks, take on salary, AND do all of this WITHOUT a comitment from Dwight Howard.

5ass
07-19-2012, 10:27 PM
But that's my point, the Magic would be hard pressed to find another team that is as willing to give up youth & draft picks, take on salary, AND do all of this WITHOUT a comitment from Dwight Howard.

Yes thats true, but theres the option of sending Bynum to a 3rd team who just might give up a lot for him. That really kills your leverage.

oballerc75
07-19-2012, 10:28 PM
Does anybody know what picks the cavs own that they could offer in a trade??

waveycrockett
07-19-2012, 10:29 PM
Does anybody know what picks the cavs own that they could offer in a trade??

um their own which wont be very good if they get Bynum

oballerc75
07-19-2012, 10:31 PM
um their own which wont be very good if they get Bynum

Im pretty sure their loaded with first round picks that theyve aquired via trades

Aust
07-19-2012, 10:33 PM

Name the package given to the Magic that would trump the Rockets. That's what you said.

A package with assets from both the Lakers and Rockets would trump a package that only had assets from the Rockets. The Magic would be getting more from it. Even if it was something as simple and small as the Lakers taking back a bad contract.

To simplify it
Rockets: Asset A,B,C,D,E,F,G
Lakers+Rockets: Asset A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H

So don't "OMG XDD LOL HOLY **** DUDE IM CONFUSED", read what you said

waveycrockett
07-19-2012, 10:35 PM
Im pretty sure their loaded with first round picks that theyve aquired via trades

Pretty sure they all came in the 2012 draft. They traded a bunch of them for Tyler Zeller bro.

waveycrockett
07-19-2012, 10:36 PM
Name the package given to the Magic that would trump the Rockets. That's what you said.

A package with assets from both the Lakers and Rockets would trump a package that only had assets from the Rockets. The Magic would be getting more from it. Even if it was something as simple and small as the Lakers taking back a bad contract.

To simplify it

Why would the Rockets help the Lakers trump their own package:confused:

WhiteSoxGod
07-19-2012, 10:36 PM

To simplify it

Okay explain to me why the rockets would actively participate when they could as easily acquire him on their own. The Magic need the Rockets, the Rockets don't need the Magic.

No trade without the Rockets will happen. Your cyclical, asinine argument aside, there is not a team with the trade flexibility the Rockets enjoy.

5ass
07-19-2012, 10:37 PM
Okay explain to me why the rockets would actively participate when they could as easily acquire him on their own. The Magic need the Rockets, the Rockets don't need the Magic.

No trade without the Rockets will happen. Your cyclical, asinine argument aside, there is not a team with the trade flexibility the Rockets enjoy.

No they dont, at this point all they need is a 3rd team to take bynum.

Aust
07-19-2012, 10:41 PM
Okay explain to me why the rockets would actively participate when they could as easily acquire him on their own. The Magic need the Rockets, the Rockets don't need the Magic

This speaks for itself :laugh2:

WhiteSoxGod
07-19-2012, 10:41 PM
No they dont, at this point all they need is a 3rd team to take bynum.

As well as a 3rd team to send them draft picks, take on some of their bad salary, and provide Orlando with some young talent.

Name a 3rd team that would be willing to take Bynum without an extension AND send Orlando young picks/talent???

DLCK
07-19-2012, 10:42 PM
Why would the Rockets help the Lakers trump their own package:confused:

BECAUSE DWIGHT WONT RESIGN THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY IS THAT SO CONFUSING. I guareentee if if hes traded there he will not resign and he will walk and sign with the mavs next year.If they go in on the deal they give up less and get a legit top 5 center in bynum.

WhiteSoxGod
07-19-2012, 10:43 PM
What is funny is the Lakers fans are slowly becoming the Knicks fans. they think they can land Howard with a handful of **** and 3 magic beans.

The Lakers not only have no cap room they have no draft picks or young players to send back, LOL.

WhiteSoxGod
07-19-2012, 10:46 PM
BECAUSE DWIGHT WONT RESIGN THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY IS THAT SO CONFUSING. I guareentee if if hes traded there he will not resign and he will walk and sign with the mavs next year.If they go in on the deal they give up less and get a legit top 5 center in bynum.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/article_external/rockets_ask_hakeem_olajuwon_to_speak_to_dwight_how ard/11225179

Maybe Howard would not resign but I bet Hakeem would make it a much tougher decision. Even if he does not sign the rockets would own his rights, which means a lot. The rockets could trade Howard and STILL sign Bynum next off season. I agree trading for bynum would cost less and make more sense.

BUT don't think that trading for Howard doesn't have its outs for the Rockets.

5ass
07-19-2012, 10:51 PM
As well as a 3rd team to send them draft picks, take on some of their bad salary, and provide Orlando with some young talent.

Name a 3rd team that would be willing to take Bynum without an extension AND send Orlando young picks/talent???

I cant name a third team, because i cant speak for them, but it is possible that they could put together a better package. What if the wolves decided they wanted to build a team around rubio, bynum and Love? Im not saying the wolves would trade for bynum, but you cant say they won't so like i said you cant be so sure of anything right now.

jayjay33
07-19-2012, 10:58 PM
actually the nets are pretty smart . we gave our big guy a contract to keep him happy while all the teams troll for dwight . we step back and wait till next year (guarantee howard will still be a magic ) and we make a trade for him .

the magic will get some assets and still have a winning record (dwight can carry anything over .500)

winning

I thought you said you were a heat fan?

Aust
07-19-2012, 11:11 PM
http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/article_external/rockets_ask_hakeem_olajuwon_to_speak_to_dwight_how ard/11225179

Maybe Howard would not resign but I bet Hakeem would make it a much tougher decision. Even if he does not sign the rockets would own his rights, which means a lot. The rockets could trade Howard and STILL sign Bynum next off season. I agree trading for bynum would cost less and make more sense.

I really doubt Hakeem will be a difference maker.
I apologize for the second sentence of my original post, it came out awkwardly

jayjay33
07-19-2012, 11:12 PM

After this you shouldn't tell any one else they aren't being realistic, with there magic beans. This has less chance of happening then anything lakers fans have said.

WhiteSoxGod
07-19-2012, 11:13 PM
After this you shouldn't tell any one else they aren't being realistic.....

You don't think the rockets could trade Howard at the trade deadline or do a sign-and-trade?

Bynum already said he would sign with Houston. I am basing everything I say on the facts, not hopes, dreams, and wishes.

WhiteSoxGod
07-19-2012, 11:15 PM
I really doubt Hakeem will be a difference maker.
I apologize for the second sentence of my original post, it came out awkwardly

I do, remember that Dwight Howard worked one-on-one with Hakeem last summer. They became friends and I believe that Hakeem could make a big difference. However, we won't know until all this is over and the dust settles.

Aust
07-19-2012, 11:18 PM
You don't think the rockets could trade Howard at the trade deadline or do a sign-and-trade?

Bynum already said he would sign with Houston. I am basing everything I say on the facts, not hopes, dreams, and wishes.

Whoa whoa whoa. This was reported right? Wasn't it also reported that Kobe would be a Bull?

Unless you have a written document or video showing Bynum saying how he would commit to Houston, it is not a fact. It's probably true, but not a fact.

Lakeshow24KB
07-19-2012, 11:18 PM

Bynum never came and said he would sign with Houston...

Lakeshow24KB
07-19-2012, 11:19 PM
Whoa whoa whoa. This was reported right? Wasn't it also reported that Kobe would be a Bull?

Unless you have a written document or video showing Bynum saying how he would commit to Houston, it is not a fact. It's probably true, but not a fact.

:nod::clap:

jayjay33
07-19-2012, 11:20 PM
After this you shouldn't tell any one else they aren't being realistic.....

No there is no way Bynum leaves lal to go to houston. If you don't think that's a hope and a dream, then there's something wrong with you. Lol
Houston is his plan B or c,,.... Get your facts straight.

Ill21
07-19-2012, 11:24 PM
Damn this is getting old real fast. Magic will just hold onto him for now.

Can you see him acctually starting the season in Orlando?

justinnum1
07-19-2012, 11:27 PM
Can you see him acctually starting the season in Orlando?

Hard to tell. My gut says no, but there is no way to tell how this plays out.

WhiteSoxGod
07-19-2012, 11:29 PM

No there is no way Bynum leaves lal to go to houston. If you don't think that's a hope and a dream, then there's something wrong with you. Lol

http://houston.sbnation.com/houston-rockets/2012/7/9/3146829/pursuit-of-a-star-houston-rockets-on-andrew-bynums-shortlist

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/19542099/andrew-bynums-list-includes-dallas-houston-and-cleveland

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA?tw_i=222090103244324867&tw_e=screenname&tw_p=tweetembed

Boom goes the dynamite. You Lakers fans are so cute with your inaccuracy and asinine assumptions.

Aust
07-19-2012, 11:30 PM
Yeah my gut also says no, but things can take a turn for the worse and get ugly

http://houston.sbnation.com/houston-rockets/2012/7/9/3146829/pursuit-of-a-star-houston-rockets-on-andrew-bynums-shortlist

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/19542099/andrew-bynums-list-includes-dallas-houston-and-cleveland

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA?tw_i=222090103244324867&tw_e=screenname&tw_p=tweetembed

Boom goes the dynamite. You Lakers fans are so cute with your inaccuracy and asinine assumptions.

:laugh: Everyone already knew this
Did you even read my post?
It's a report, I don't see a quote from Bynum's mouth

Lakeshow24KB
07-19-2012, 11:33 PM

Did you see video of him saying I'll resign in Houston? Apparently his short list isn't true if you paid attention to his agent today. We aren't the ones assuming....you are.

jayjay33
07-19-2012, 11:38 PM

Lmao.....David lee says hello.

No wonder your off you don't know what's going on. Then you added a "boom", and made yourself look extra silly. Lmmfao.......

WhiteSoxGod
07-19-2012, 11:40 PM
Yeah my gut also says no, but things can take a turn for the worse and get ugly

:laugh: Everyone already knew this
Did you even read my post?
It's a report, I don't see a quote from Bynum's mouth

LOL yeah you're right Bynum wouldn't sign here what was I thinking? ha ha ha

Did you see video of him saying I'll resign in Houston? Apparently his short list isn't true if you paid attention to his agent today. We aren't the ones assuming....you are.

LOL I based what I said on reports as everyone in the forum has been. There would be no dwight Howard threads if everyone here quit using reports for information. I saw this reported by 5 different sources so I am going to say it makes sense.

We will see in the future who has the right idea here. If I am wrong I will gladly admit it then.

WhiteSoxGod
07-19-2012, 11:42 PM

No wonder your off you don't know what's going on. Then you added a "boom", and made yourself look extra silly. Lmmfao.......

You mean to say 'you're' as you meant you are, just letting you know. The boom was a joke relax there chief. Second we will see who is off when these things come to fruition.

Aust
07-19-2012, 11:44 PM
Was just irked at you using the word "fact".

Bah who cares anymore, this thread got so off topic it fell off a cliff.

Lakeshow24KB
07-19-2012, 11:46 PM
LOL yeah you're right Bynum wouldn't sign here what was I thinking? ha ha ha

LOL I based what I said on reports as everyone in the forum has been. There would be no dwight Howard threads if everyone here quit using reports for information. I saw this reported by 5 different sources so I am going to say it makes sense.

We will see in the future who has the right idea here. If I am wrong I will gladly admit it then.

Bynum's agent denied it....

jayjay33
07-19-2012, 11:55 PM

You mean to say 'you're' as you meant you are, just letting you know. The boom was a joke relax there chief. Second we will see who is off when these things come to fruition.

Lol....I guess I stuck a nerve....and it's called auto correct....chief, time to get rid of that flip phone. "BOOM" :D

WhiteSoxGod
07-20-2012, 12:28 AM
Lol....I guess I stuck a nerve....and it's called auto correct....chief, time to get rid of that flip phone. "BOOM" :D

LOL what are you talking about, why would I be using a phone? I was just making sure you are using the right context. Remember we are communicating through text so if you spell something wrong, you're saying it wrong. It could change the context. You're phone must be ignorant if it can't tell a major grammatical error like this. My "flip phone" would have even caught that one. BOOM BOOM...LOL.

(Hey at least we're not talking about Dwight Howard geez I'm sick of that topic, ha ha)

Anyway, like I said we are all speculating we won't know for sure until something actually happens. However Occam's razor would suggest that the Rockets would have to be involved in any trade scenario involving Howard.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-20-2012, 12:37 AM
I hate when people correct other peoples grammar its so lame and cheesy ... this is psd not class people your not an fing teacher lol

WhiteSoxGod
07-20-2012, 12:41 AM
I hate when people correct other peoples grammar its so lame and cheesy ... this is psd not class people your not an fing teacher lol

Come one man, can we at least pretend to be educated? I mean the ability to write has been one of the most cherished gifts in human history. If you do not care how your ability to do so appears to others it is representative of how much you respect yourself.

Chill_Will_24
07-20-2012, 12:44 AM
Bynum likes dating playboy models and living the Hollywood lifestyle. I always thought that him downgrading to CLE was a bit odd

WhiteSoxGod
07-20-2012, 12:45 AM
Bynum likes dating playboy models and living the Hollywood lifestyle. I always thought that him downgrading to CLE was a bit odd

Kyrie Irving looks good though so he might like the idea of playing for a good point guard besides Steve Blake and Ramon Sessions.

justinnum1
07-20-2012, 12:52 AM
Kyrie Irving looks good though so he might like the idea of playing for a good point guard besides Steve Blake and Ramon Sessions.

Steve nash looks decent, no?:shrug:

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-20-2012, 12:54 AM
How I type has nothing to do with my respect for myself what so ever.. I could careless I type from my phone and I f up alllllll the time when people correct people I just think its silly but to each his own bro bro.

WhiteSoxGod
07-20-2012, 12:54 AM
Steve nash looks decent, no?:shrug:

We don't know yet, but he hasn't played with him yet. No one said he wouldn't want to return to the Lakers but there's more stars there. He could be the BIG in Cleveland instead of sharing it with Pau.

jayjay33
07-20-2012, 12:55 AM

LOL what are you talking about, why would I be using a phone? I was just making sure you are using the right context. Remember we are communicating through text so if you spell something wrong, you're saying it wrong. It could change the context. You're phone must be ignorant if it can't tell a major grammatical error like this. My "flip phone" would have even caught that one. BOOM BOOM...LOL.

(Hey at least we're not talking about Dwight Howard geez I'm sick of that topic, ha ha)

Anyway, like I said we are all speculating we won't know for sure until something actually happens. However Occam's razor would suggest that the Rockets would have to be involved in any trade scenario involving Howard.

Lol....dude you must not have a smart phone, that's why I said get rid of the flip phone.

Because everybody with a smart phone knows that auto correct changes your words into whatever it wants on its own a lot.

It's easy to press the wrong keys on a virtual keyboard, so auto correct is a necessary evil, but it has a mind of its own.

But your statement proves you don't really know how it works, cause if you did you would know what you said didn't make any sense. But I will let it ride clause you clearly didn't know any better, So it's all good. Lol

An yes anything is better than talking about d12......

Sssmush
07-20-2012, 12:57 AM
No he cant. The Lakers have no cap space or assets of value to the Magic. The entire reason the Cavs or Rockets are involved in these talks is that very reason. The salaries would have to match. What package of $20 million could the Lakers send to Orlando that would interest them at all? Fact is, if they don't trade for him they aren't getting him.

Cavs on the other hand can trade for Bynum now, or wait until FA next year when they will have even more cap space. They could even grab another marquee FA and make their big 3 of Irving/Bynum/FA, plus Waiters, Tristan, and Zeller. All while maintaining their draft picks as well.

The only way that they could possibly get Dwight as a FA is if Bynum does a sign-and-trade with Cleveland first, giving the Lakers a trade exception. The Lakers could then use the trade exception to do a sign and trade for Dwight. This screws over the Magic though, as they get a trade exception and maybe a pick or two while keeping their bad contracts.

Yes, he can.

Like, don't you think Dwight would've gone to Brooklyn this summer as a free agent, even if he could only sign a 3 year deal? Of course he would have, just like he would now go to LA as an unresttricted even if he could only sign a 3 year deal.

LA is now in Brooklyn's shoes.

Next summer, Bynum becomes unrestricted free agent. Gasol becomes a $20M expiring, who can easily be traded for a draft pick to any number of teams. Blake will be off the team, and MWP could be amnestied or traded.

That reduces the Laker's salary by appx $48M, and if I'm not mistaken, opens up a $20M slot to sign Dwight Howard outright.

At that point if Orlando wants to sign and trade for Bynum, fine. If not, **** them. Dwight's shoe contract bonus for playing in either NY or LA is something like $20M + a year, AND his endorsements here will be worth appx twice that, AND he knows that the Lakers will pay him the max or extend him the max as soon as possible.

The fact that Dwight finally sees the light and has made his decision for Lakers simplifies this whole mess. Orlando doesn't have much to hold onto at this point, and Dwight is going to apparently start the season on the bench recovering from his surgery.

LA can also decide to keep Bynum if he has a monster year and they title up, and if Bynum were to get injured (doubtful, because he's gotten so much stronger, but always possible) the Lakers can just walk away from him, and still offer the best possible destination for Dwight.

The only move Orlando has, that I see, is just to deal Howard quickly to Houston for some picks and cap relief, just to antagonize the Lakers a bit and F-u to Howard. But it doesn't change the final outcome of the scenario.

Dwight deciding for LA decodes the entire mess, and makes it perfectly clear what his team's strategy is. Orlando may think they hold the cards and are the "deciders" but they got nothing now at this point.

WhiteSoxGod
07-20-2012, 01:00 AM
Lol....dude you must not have a smart phone, that's why I said get rid of the flip phone.

Because everybody with a smart phone knows that auto correct changes your words into whatever it wants on its own a lot.

It's easy to press the wrong keys on a virtual keyboard, so auto correct is a necessary evil, but it has a mind of its own.

But your statement proves you don't really know how it works, cause if you did you would know what you said didn't make any sense. But I will let it ride clause you clearly didn't know any better, So it's all good. Lol

I have never had autocorrect change you're to your, but whatever you say champ. However, like I said I use my computer not my phone.

justinnum1
07-20-2012, 01:01 AM
We don't know yet, but he hasn't played with him yet. No one said he wouldn't want to return to the Lakers but there's more stars there. He could be the BIG in Cleveland instead of sharing it with Pau.

i dont think bynum cares, as long as he is being paid max money. now if he can get max in la or in cle i think he prefers la, but thats jmo

WhiteSoxGod
07-20-2012, 01:03 AM
i dont think bynum cares, as long as he is being paid max money. now if he can get max in la or in cle i think he prefers la, but thats jmo

maybe but I guess that means if he is traded to Houston he will sign the max.

jayjay33
07-20-2012, 01:20 AM

I have never had autocorrect change you're to your, but whatever you say champ. However, like I said I use my computer not my phone.

Lol.....you do realize they are countless different versions of auto correct, with different programming. On most you press 1 wrong key and it will change it to what it "thinks" you meant. I find it hard to believe someone who really has a smart phone has not had this happen "often". It really doesnt seem like you know how it works. But if you say so.......maybe you have really small hands and can type perfect on a virtual keyboard. :D

WhiteSoxGod
07-20-2012, 01:41 AM
Lol.....you do realize they are countless different versions of auto correct, with different programming. On most you press 1 wrong key and it will change it to what it "thinks" you meant. I find it hard to believe someone who really has a smart phone has not had this happen "often". It really doesnt seem like you know how it works. But if you say so.......maybe you have really small hands and can type perfect on a virtual keyboard. :D

This is the most likely answer.

jayjay33
07-20-2012, 01:49 AM

This is the most likely answer.

Make sense......I know a few people like that. I have hands like mitts, great for playing ball, bad for texting. Lol

Arch Stanton
07-20-2012, 10:29 AM
Was listening to John Ireland on WKNR. He says that the Magic FO is holding up the deal. He thinks Cavs and Lakers would make deal without extensions. Thinks Bynum would sign Max deal with Cavs. Doesn't think Dwight is holding up deal. It's the Magic FO.

nate2usmc
07-20-2012, 10:34 AM
I guess the Magic are waiting on hiring a HC first and then trading Dwight?

waveycrockett
07-20-2012, 10:45 AM
Was listening to John Ireland on WKNR. He says that the Magic FO is holding up the deal. He thinks Cavs and Lakers would make deal without extensions. Thinks Bynum would sign Max deal with Cavs. Doesn't think Dwight is holding up deal. It's the Magic FO.

Makes zero sense from that Magic point of view

Magic get:
Varejo
?
?
?

will get mediocre/bad picks back from playoff teams

justinnum1
07-20-2012, 10:48 AM

Of course it is, they are going to wait for the deal they want. No sense in trading him right now, i heard the deals have been getting better.

hidalgo
07-20-2012, 10:50 AM
i really wish the magic would just telll the lakers to piss off. tell them we're not losing Shaquillle O'Neal, then Howard to the same freaking team, bye & hang up

Arch Stanton
07-20-2012, 11:01 AM

Magic get:
Varejo
?
?
?

Yep, if they can find a better deal sure. But, not sure how they plan to get a top lottery pick? Any team that gets either player will be in playoffs.

Arch Stanton
07-20-2012, 11:02 AM
The Magic should just trade straight up for Bynum.

justinnum1
07-20-2012, 11:11 AM
The Magic should just trade straight up for Bynum.

They dont want him.

Shadrach
07-20-2012, 11:12 AM

Magic get:
Varejo
?
?
?

What else do you really expect?
With the current teams involved,
the Cavalier offer fits the Magic's needs
just as much as any trade would.

Don't expect much mediate talent to be shipped
to Orlando. Draft picks and ridding themselves
of big contracts is most likely all Orlando will
receive from this.

None of the teams involved or are potential trade
partners have the talent to make this trade "look"
good. It's one of those trades from any angle that
will be a "time will tell" kind of thing.

Arch Stanton
07-20-2012, 11:16 AM
They dont want him.

I think he's their best option. A 24 year old center whose arguably the second best at his position. They'd be able to offer him max deal. He's got two rings, I'm sure he'd prefer max money.

waveycrockett
07-20-2012, 11:18 AM
What else do you really expect?
With the current teams involved,
the Cavalier offer fits the Magic's needs
just as much as any trade would.

Don't expect much mediate talent to be shipped
to Orlando. Draft picks and ridding themselves
of big contracts is most likely all Orlando will
receive from this.

None of the teams involved or are potential trade
partners have the talent to make this trade "look"
good. It's one of those trades from any angle that
will be a "time will tell" kind of thing.
So explain what the Cavs are going to be giving the magic other than Varajeo and bad picks? And how does that fit the Magics needs? I think it doesn't and its exactly why this trade is stuck and the mud AGAIN.

waveycrockett
07-20-2012, 11:20 AM
I think he's their best option. A 24 year old center whose arguably the second best at his position. They'd be able to offer him max deal. He's got two rings, I'm sure he'd prefer max money.

He also has bad knees, a bad attitude, borderline uncoachable.

justinnum1
07-20-2012, 11:23 AM

That new gm wants to build the team through the draft like OKC

waveycrockett
07-20-2012, 11:25 AM
That new gm wants to build the team through the draft like OKC

Their new GM needs to stop saying that he sounds like he is on crack.

BigCityofDreams
07-20-2012, 11:32 AM
Their new GM needs to stop saying that he sounds like he is on crack.

It's like in baseball when a team says we want to be Tampa Bay. It takes some luck and the right ppl involved to get a mix like that.

waveycrockett
07-20-2012, 11:34 AM
It's like in baseball when a team says we want to be Tampa Bay. It takes some luck and the right ppl involved to get a mix like that.

Exactly. EVERY GM wants to build like OKC in the draft. OKC had lighting strike twice for them. He wants a bunch of lottery picks? A lot of good that has done Sacramento, Golden State and Minnesota.

justinnum1
07-20-2012, 11:55 AM

you do know the magic gm use to work under the okc gm, right? the guy obviously can spot talent. he has a plan, thats why orlando hired him. Oralndo knew dwight was leaving and anyone that took that job probably needed to show a plan to the magic ownership how they would handle the situation.

Shadrach
07-20-2012, 12:31 PM
So explain what the Cavs are going to be giving the magic other than Varajeo and bad picks? And how does that fit the Magics needs? I think it doesn't and its exactly why this trade is stuck and the mud AGAIN.

Varejao is not going to interefere with anything
the Magic have planned in the future.
And let's think logically here.

When you aren't willing to take Bynum,
and willing to make this deal a three-team
deal. You are improving the third team quite drastically.
No matter what team is involved, Bynum is going to
make them near playoff contenders/playoff contenders.

In that case any team involved in a LAL-ORL three
team trade, are going to be giving up
possible late draft picks.

It's just how it is going to work. There is no team
that is involved at this point that can offer more than
cap relief and some future late 1st round draft picks.

Shadrach
07-20-2012, 12:42 PM
That being said, you are exactly right
this whole ordeal repeately gets stuck
in the mud, because Orlando isn't really
liking these trades.(obivously)

I don't blame them, but at the same
time, I don't really see a trade going
through where Orlando becomes instant
winners.

At this point avoiding the LeBron situation
in that all that was received were the default picks
upon losing him to Miami. Should be something
they need to consider, and that alone
would make them winners in some sense.

BigCityofDreams
07-20-2012, 01:01 PM
you do know the magic gm use to work under the okc gm, right? the guy obviously can spot talent. he has a plan, thats why orlando hired him. Oralndo knew dwight was leaving and anyone that took that job probably needed to show a plan to the magic ownership how they would handle the situation.

I know he came from OKC and he has a specific plan. I look forward to seeing ifit work because ORL deserves a good team after all they have been through. My point is just because a certain philosophy worked in one place doesn't mean it will work somewhere else. Durant could have been on POR if their FO chose him over Oden. There is so much involved in doing what they did: Luck, scouts, advisers, drafting the right players, etc.

Exactly. EVERY GM wants to build like OKC in the draft. OKC had lighting strike twice for them. He wants a bunch of lottery picks? A lot of good that has done Sacramento, Golden State and Minnesota.

I understand his motivation but I hope ppl understand just because his plan is to be OKC doesn't mean it will happen. There is so much that goes into becoming a team like that. How many of Belichick's disciples have had success trying to implement his system in a different organization.

waveycrockett
07-20-2012, 01:05 PM
I understand his motivation but I hope ppl understand just because his plan is to be OKC doesn't mean it will happen. There is so much that goes into becoming a team like that. How many of Belichick's disciples have had success trying to implement his system in a different organization.

I remember when Bryan Colangelo had a plan to make the Toronto Raptors the PHX Suns 2.0.+Dirk

Calderon was Nash
Bosh was Amar'e
Bargnagni was Dirk

WITZ
07-20-2012, 01:08 PM
Pretty sure they all came in the 2012 draft. They traded a bunch of them for Tyler Zeller bro.

:laugh2: Zeller got traded for one 1st and two 2nd rounders. The cavs own their own pick , the right to swap either the lakers pick or heat one they will obviously take the lower one and the kings 1st rounder either top 13 or 14 protected .

waveycrockett
07-20-2012, 01:10 PM
:laugh2: Zeller got traded for one 1st and two 2nd rounders. The cavs own their own pick , the right to swap either the lakers pick or heat one they will obviously take the lower one and the kings 1st rounder either top 13 or 14 protected .
Lakers? Heat? Kings top-14 protected?
Those sound like worthless picks bro.

BigCityofDreams
07-20-2012, 01:12 PM
I remember when Bryan Colangelo had a plan to make the Toronto Raptors the PHX Suns 2.0.+Dirk

Calderon was Nash
Bosh was Amar'e
Bargnagni was Dirk

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Stop the madness

That is the funniest ish I have ever heard in my life. PHX Suns 2.0 lol. C'mon now it just doesn't work like that. The Magic would have to be lucky enough to draft a player Durant or get a player like him through free agency.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
07-20-2012, 01:13 PM
I actually heard on the radio that a v wouldn't even come to orlando he would be sent elsewhere or bought out he has the same agent as howard so magic don't want him

jayjay33
07-20-2012, 04:57 PM
Varejao is not going to interefere with anything
the Magic have planned in the future.
And let's think logically here.

When you aren't willing to take Bynum,
and willing to make this deal a three-team
deal. You are improving the third team quite drastically.
No matter what team is involved, Bynum is going to
make them near playoff contenders/playoff contenders.

In that case any team involved in a LAL-ORL three
team trade, are going to be giving up
possible late draft picks.

It's just how it is going to work. There is no team
that is involved at this point that can offer more than
cap relief and some future late 1st round draft picks.

But they are trading Howard. wont he do the same or more than bynum. It is clear that the magic want a team to give them the house AND mess up their cap for Dwight, on the chance he might stay, on what most likely will be a low level team in a small market.

Sssmush
07-20-2012, 05:25 PM
Orlando doesn't have much to trade at this point. All they got is a one year rental of Howard, who will start the season on the bench, and who doesn't want to play in Orlando or anywhere except LA (and possibly still Brooklyn).

If Orlando can wind up the 3-4 young prospect and 3-4 first round picks, they should be thrilled.

justinnum1
07-20-2012, 05:30 PM
Orlando doesn't have much to trade at this point. All they got is a one year rental of Howard, who will start the season on the bench, and who doesn't want to play in Orlando or anywhere except LA (and possibly still Brooklyn).

If Orlando can wind up the 3-4 young prospect and 3-4 first round picks, they should be thrilled.

They have what everyone wants. As those teams that want Howard need to trade for him since they don't have cap space

Sssmush
07-20-2012, 05:55 PM
They have what everyone wants. As those teams that want Howard need to trade for him since they don't have cap space

ask yourself, what would a team like, say Cleveland or Houston be willing to trade for a one year rental of Howard plus his Bird rights, if Howard came out and publicly said that he didn't want to play for Cleveland or Houston, and was recovering from an injury, would miss camp, and would start the season on the bench?

THAT'S what Orlando's got.

jayjay33
07-20-2012, 06:09 PM

No they don't have what everyone wants. D12 for the next 5 years it what everyone wants. We both know they are only a hand full of places D12 is gonna stay. The problem every team sees is that big "escape clause" he has setting in Dallas. If it's a bad/rebuilding team or a small market, then Dallas is way to big of a treat to give up what orlando wants. Now even houston is go limited in what they will take back and give up. We are talking franchise destroying risk on a guy who is telling you he wont stay. An who is going to be getting his *** kicked on a bottom of the pack team, With bad contracts. An dallas waiting with open arms and cap space and another superstar and a decent supporting cast.