PDA

View Full Version : Who has had the best/worst free agency?

cutiepie80
07-18-2012, 10:31 PM
Go.

Jtirado16
07-18-2012, 10:33 PM
Lakers and Heat have had the best so far.

StarvingKnick22
07-18-2012, 10:42 PM
Suns by far, maybe Nets and worst Rockets

BigBongTheory
07-18-2012, 10:42 PM
Lakers, Heat, Dallas, Celtics, Nets, And Phoenix have all made good moves in FA thus far. They are the tops.

Depending on how it turns out the Nets could be one of the best and one of the worst this off-season.

marj987
07-18-2012, 10:46 PM
Either Dallas, Miami, or Lakers.

joshhorvath
07-18-2012, 10:47 PM
actually with the raptors missing out on Nash, i give them a B+..

they got a good kid with huge potential in Laundry Fields and got rid of James Johnson..
They also acquired a Top 10 PG in Lowry and signed 2011 #5th Overall Pick Jonas Valanciunas.

elledaddy
07-18-2012, 10:49 PM
If the Rockets don't get Howard I wud prolly say their had the worst on the court offseason
Lost. - Scola....Lowry......Dragic........Camby.......Lee

Picked up - Lin

I think everybody else did pretty much did what they were tryn to do. Dallas didn't go as expected but they rebounded nicely

HesterJordan23
07-18-2012, 10:51 PM
seems like the heat lakers and nets are doing fine

sadly the bulls are close to the bottom

alexander_37
07-18-2012, 10:54 PM
If the Rockets don't get Howard I wud prolly say their had the worst on the court offseason
Lost. - Scola....Lowry......Dragic........Camby.......Lee

Picked up - Lin

I think everybody else did pretty much did what they were tryn to do. Dallas didn't go as expected but they rebounded nicely

Have you watched their rookies in summer league?? Not to mention they have a ton of 1st round draft picks stocked up.

Aust
07-18-2012, 10:56 PM
Bulls and Pacers haven't done much.

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-18-2012, 10:58 PM
Bulls and Pacers haven't done much.

Pacers gave up Collison and Dahntay to get Ian Mahinimi, and signed DJ Augustin.

But yeah, I think they downgraded.

COllison > Augustin.

el hidalgo
07-18-2012, 11:00 PM
Bulls have cleared good cap space while replacing necessary positions with cheaper and probably equal production (not to mention more potential). They also acquired a TPE which could be used to trade for a decent SG. They have done fine this offseason, but i knew uninformed people who comment on it.

EDUTEXANS
07-18-2012, 11:05 PM
Best: Lakers (adding veterans like Nash and Jamison), Raptors (bringing Valanciunas and Lowry, even though they probably won't make the playoffs), Heat (they just added Ray freakin' Allen and Rashard Lewis to the already best team in the league) and after all, the Mavs, they did a pretty good job adding Mayo, Collison and Kaman. And don't forget ATL getting rid of Johnson....

Worst: Orlando (who still has Howard and lost Anderson for almost nothing), Nets (overpayed Lopez, Humphries, Wallace and got the most overpayed guy in the entire league in just two weeks, they will be a 2nd round team at most, with no perspective of getting any better in the next 4 years) and Houston (if they don't add Bynum or Howard, or trade too much for one of them, but their draft was excelent and if they fail to trade for one center, they will just rebuild and have two high lottery picks next year)

LongIslandIcedZ
07-18-2012, 11:07 PM
Lakers
Nets
Raptors

All did good

Philly
Orlando

Didnt do too goo IMO

Dallas salvaged a bad offseason, and actually made it good.

GH19
07-18-2012, 11:09 PM
Tossup between both LA teams and Miami.

Aust
07-18-2012, 11:13 PM
Bulls have cleared good cap space while replacing necessary positions with cheaper and probably equal production (not to mention more potential). They also acquired a TPE which could be used to trade for a decent SG. They have done fine this offseason, but i knew uninformed people who comment on it.

lol alright man :rolleyes:

Blazers#1Fan
07-18-2012, 11:27 PM
Suns mavs had the best i also think the nets did great people are dumb if they think it was bad only bad was resigning wallace for that much

lopez was worth it hes a 20-5 guy
Humph is a 13-11
Wallace does everything 15-6
Johnson 20-3-3
Dwill 22-10

And they got the sickest jerseys in the nba they will be in the. Semi finals for years unless they get howard i think they beat miami in 3 years

el hidalgo
07-18-2012, 11:28 PM
lol alright man :rolleyes:

you put up a good argument bro

EDUTEXANS
07-18-2012, 11:39 PM
Suns mavs had the best i also think the nets did great people are dumb if they think it was bad only bad was resigning wallace for that much

lopez was worth it hes a 20-5 guy 5 rebounds is good?
Humph is a 13-11
Johnson 20-3-3 20 points for JJ?
Dwill 22-10

And they got the sickest jerseys in the nba they will be in the. Semi finals for years unless they get howard i think they beat miami in 3 years

I don't see these move being good for the franchise, although I think they improved their roster a lot and why do you think they will beat Miami in three years? JJ and wallace will just get worse and they will be still with the team, Humphries will not be with the team and the Nets will be over the cap, so they won't make any significant move, probably

koetravis
07-18-2012, 11:42 PM

lopez was worth it hes a 20-5 guy
Humph is a 13-11
Johnson 20-3-3
Dwill 22-10

5 rebounds for a 7' C?:laugh: Johnson has averaged 18 the past 2 years, what makes you think his scoring is going to increase from being the man to second or third fiddle?

GH19
07-18-2012, 11:45 PM
JJ's scoring should increase since he's playing with the best distributing pg he's had since Nash way back in 05.

THE MTL
07-18-2012, 11:56 PM
I think Dallas had a bad offseason because of the sheer fact that they gave up a championship roster for Brand, Kaman, Collision, and Mayo. Those players are all better suited in backup roles.

I think alot of teams made great pickups. Heat, Celtics, Knicks, Nets, Lakers.

Biggest loser is the Rockets. They lost their entire team for nothing but uncertainty.

EDUTEXANS
07-19-2012, 12:01 AM
I think Dallas had a bad offseason because of the sheer fact that they gave up a championship roster for Brand, Kaman, Collision, and Mayo. Those players are all better suited in backup roles.

Biggest loser is the Rockets. They lost their entire team for nothing but uncertainty.

Dallas lost Haywood, grandpa Kidd and Jason Terry, they got younger, cheaper and more flexible

alexander_37
07-19-2012, 12:26 AM

What the hell are you smoking.

popo85
07-19-2012, 12:27 AM
Lakers, Nets, Suns

EDUTEXANS
07-19-2012, 12:29 AM
Suns had a good offseason too, but they missed at Gordon, I think he would made that team tought to beat, but still, Scola, Dragic, Marshall, 2 first round picks and Beasley is pretty good

koetravis
07-19-2012, 12:54 AM

Another bitter Knicks fan, huh?

RB#20
07-19-2012, 12:56 AM
Surprised that there hasn't been many people to mention the Hawks as having the best FA. Getting a team to take JJ's ridiculous contract off their books while acquiring good talent in return. Trading Marvin Williams for Devin Harris was a great move and has unfortunately gone under the radar do to Dwight's crap. With a lot of free agency left to go I can't really say who is the clear cut winner until its over but I can honestly say that the Magic will have the worst by far when its all said and done and probably the worst of all time should they be unsuccessful in moving Dwight. Houston is currently having a horrible free agency period as well.

Lakers + Giants
07-19-2012, 01:08 AM
Dallas, Miami, Lakers, Nets, Suns and Clippers have had the best off seasons.

TwoBit
07-19-2012, 01:31 AM
Lakers
Nets
Raptors

All did good

Philly
Orlando

Didnt do too goo IMO

Dallas salvaged a bad offseason, and actually made it good.
We amnesty Brand, let Lou Williams go resign hawes, sign nick young, get dorell wright

We didn't do good how?

NYKNYGNYY
07-19-2012, 02:05 AM
[/B]

Another bitter Knicks fan, huh?

Enjoy paying a guy who's played 25 career games 25 milling dollars....let alone 14 in year 3 that's just ridiculous

WhiteSoxGod
07-19-2012, 03:38 AM
Best: Lakers, Rockets, and Clippers

Worst: Knicks, Knicks, and Knicks.

Method28
07-19-2012, 04:10 AM
Im just asking here....but how are the Lakers being named as the best when they've gotten Nash and Jamison?

Nash is great and all but he alone puts them atop or are most people assuming that they get Howard....in which case i think it's clear that they have they best off season.

I feel the Clips have done good adding Odom, Crawford, and Hill.

Heat added deadly outside shooting (as if they needed to get better.)

BklyNyk
07-19-2012, 04:46 AM
Best- the Rockets.

Worst- everyone else

Knicks21
07-19-2012, 05:21 AM
Best: Lakers, Rockets, and Clippers

Worst: Knicks, Knicks, and Knicks.

Ha. Ha. Ha.

Knicks21
07-19-2012, 05:24 AM
Im just asking here....but how are the Lakers being named as the best when they've gotten Nash and Jamison?

Nash is great and all but he alone puts them atop or are most people assuming that they get Howard....in which case i think it's clear that they have they best off season.

I feel the Clips have done good adding Odom, Crawford, and Hill.

Heat added deadly outside shooting (as if they needed to get better.)

Nash makes everyone so much better its unreal. Any team that got Nash would be classified in my books as having an extremely successful offseason.

knickfan33
07-19-2012, 05:36 AM
Have you watched their rookies in summer league?? Not to mention they have a ton of 1st round draft picks stocked up.

lol... hve you watched there rookies in sumer league...lol...

congrats your rookies look ok against teams full of other inexperienced people, and a bunch of guys who wont ever be in the NBA.

its good they have first round picks though, chances are theyll be seeing the lottery for a few years

thenaj17
07-19-2012, 05:40 AM
Tossup between both LA teams and Miami.

AGree with this. No-one mentioned Clips before you just did. Odom, Crawford and Hill are excellent bench/role players. Add Billups to that and you have an experienced and talented bench. I would love to have had the 3 the signed on our bench.

knickfan33
07-19-2012, 05:46 AM
winners... lakers knicks clips... if were including the draft in this i also love the wizards and suns.

losers.. nets if they still dont get howard, and rockets (unless lin is a monster, but i dont think so)

and whoever thinks the knicks had a bad offseason, just wait and see what that defence looks like by the second half of the season... shump, kidd, camby and tyson... im melo and amare start buying into the defense (melo was at end of year last year, not stat yet though) fahgedaboudit

as far as miami, ray allen is a real nice addition, but i dont think it's as big as everyone on here is making it out to be. and rashard lewis stinks. justin hamilton may be the best addition that team made.

Slimsim
07-19-2012, 05:52 AM
I actually like what Houston is doing and lamb and lin is going ti be exciting for the rocket
nets are better because i do think the east might have gotten worse with bulls cleaning house and philly losing key players. Lakers did good mavs did very good imo the wolves might be in trouble espically after love is showing signs of frustration
My knicks lets just say thank god we still have shump

Rain 816
07-19-2012, 06:34 AM
winners... lakers knicks clips... if were including the draft in this i also love the wizards and suns.

losers.. nets if they still dont get howard, and rockets (unless lin is a monster, but i dont think so)

and whoever thinks the knicks had a bad offseason, just wait and see what that defence looks like by the second half of the season... shump, kidd, camby and tyson... im melo and amare start buying into the defense (melo was at end of year last year, not stat yet though) fahgedaboudit

as far as miami, ray allen is a real nice addition, but i dont think it's as big as everyone on here is making it out to be. and rashard lewis stinks. justin hamilton may be the best addition that team made.

:facepalm: this is y knick fans can not be taken seriously

sunsfan88
07-19-2012, 07:12 AM
The Raptors by far.

ragee
07-19-2012, 07:24 AM
If Lakers get Dwight, they will have the best offseason and probably the best season as well.

YoungOne
07-19-2012, 07:27 AM
cant take rockets as losers, if they get dwight they did everything right and if not they have a roster stacked with young talent and will get some top 5-10 picks in the next 2 years

sunsfan88
07-19-2012, 07:32 AM
cant take rockets as losers, if they get dwight they did everything right and if not they have a roster stacked with young pfs and will get some top 5-10 picks in the next 2 years

fify

dalton749
07-19-2012, 07:37 AM
LOL at knicks having the best off season. Lose lin and fields for nothing and have kidd who would rather kill himself then start old man Camby and Felton and throw in a few more bums. Just by not signing lin u lose. The team lost 50 mil by not matching which is more than they would have paid him

thenaj17
07-19-2012, 07:52 AM
Why are people saying Phoenix and Dallas did well?

Phoenix:-

Scola, a solid PF but 1 not deemed good enough to keep in Houston to have Dwight Howard for 1 season. Granted, the deal was cheap so decent pickup
Beasley - continual underachiever, a player surplus to requirements for a non-playoff team. Deal not cheap!
They lost Nash,their best player/playmaker and best shooter and also Grant Hill, their best wing defender
They gained 2 1st round picks from the Lakers - picks that will be 25-30th in each draft.

Dallas - didn't improve at all. Collison was a good prospect but lost his starting job to George Hill - not exactly Chris Paul
Elton Brand - overweight, hasn't performed consistently well in years, how many minutes will he play? He's behind Dirk and isn't big enough to be centre
They lost Jason Kidd and Jason Terry, 2 of their top performers in the championship team.
They aren't going to rebuild and in no way would i class this as re-tooling. Cuban got desperate and realised he screwed the pooch on letting their core go but isn't willing to rebuild with Dirk in his twilight years. They will be average, maybe low playoff seed for the next 2/3 years. - I don't call that successful

EDUTEXANS
07-19-2012, 11:46 AM

Scola, a solid PF but 1 not deemed good enough to keep in Houston to have Dwight Howard for 1 season. Granted, the deal was cheap so decent pickup
Beasley - continual underachiever, a player surplus to requirements for a non-playoff team. Deal not cheap!
They lost Nash,their best player/playmaker and best shooter and also Grant Hill, their best wing defender
They gained 2 1st round picks from the Lakers - picks that will be 25-30th in each draft.

Dallas - didn't improve at all. Collison was a good prospect but lost his starting job to George Hill - not exactly Chris Paul
Elton Brand - overweight, hasn't performed consistently well in years, how many minutes will he play? He's behind Dirk and isn't big enough to be centre
They lost Jason Kidd and Jason Terry, 2 of their top performers in the championship team.
They aren't going to rebuild and in no way would i class this as re-tooling. Cuban got desperate and realised he screwed the pooch on letting their core go but isn't willing to rebuild with Dirk in his twilight years. They will be average, maybe low playoff seed for the next 2/3 years. - I don't call that successful

Suns: I much more rather have Dragic (who apparently you just forgot) and the rookie Marshall than a almost 40 year old Nash. And I much rather have Beasley than a almost 40 year old Hill. They will not contend next year, why stick with veterans?

Same goes for Dallas. Jason Kidd isn't what he used to be, Collison is already way ahead of him in terms of value, and Terry is 35 already, and I believe Mayo can give you the same production being the wing scorer. And Brand, be honest, how many games have you watched in the last years? because you don't know what you're talking about

EDUTEXANS
07-19-2012, 11:48 AM
Enjoy paying a guy who's played 25 career games 25 milling dollars....let alone 14 in year 3 that's just ridiculous

:facepalm:
one last time, the cap hit for the Rockets will be 8/8/8, not 5/5/15

WhiteSoxGod
07-19-2012, 12:13 PM
Best: MY team and other teams I like
Worst: Your team, my team's rival, or teams I hate/hate on

LOL This is usually the result of threads like this

Stinkyoutsider
07-19-2012, 12:23 PM
Got to say the Celtics if Sulligner and Melo have solid rookie seasons.

mdm692
07-19-2012, 12:35 PM
I think it's safe to say the Suns. We went from beingbone of the oldest and at one point we were a train wreck offensively to probably one of the of the funnest teams to watch this season(pending the signing of a sg. Courtney lee :pray:). Very bright future as well with plenty of cap space and friendly contracts, not to mention 10 picks in the next 3 drafts.

mdm692
07-19-2012, 12:47 PM

Yeah if you're a troll then yeah. I like the Bulls as well and they have had a pretty bad offseason. I hate the Lakers and Mavs but both have had good offseasons. Specially the lakers they added depth size and a great pg, not to mention they are on the verge of getting Dwight.

knickfan33
07-19-2012, 12:48 PM
:facepalm: this is y knick fans can not be taken seriously

really what about that statement isnt serious, i said ray allen is a nice adition, but no as big as everyone is making it out to be. (still a greatshooter, but highly doubt he gets big minutes, and he's old.)

rashard lewis stinks (does anyone acytually think other wise)

and justin hamilton may end up there biggest aquisition...( a team that lacks size, got some)

netfan83
07-19-2012, 04:35 PM

I agree and its because the original question was too vague. If the question was which teams improved in terms of expected ranking or which teams increased their chances of getting to the Finals, then there are obvious answers.

For which teams improved their ranking, then Nets went from 5 years of no playoffs (and just 12-70 2 years ago) to probably a 3-6 seed.

For increasing chance to make it to the Finals, then adding Nash was huge for the Lakers (plus Jamison). Same for Heat, they added even more firepower with Allen and Lewis.

So the 3 teams that had the best improvement in terms of either making major strides in the playoffs OR getting to the Finals are Nets, Lakers and Heat.

Mavs recovered from a horrible start but I don't know if they are better. If Kaman and Brandt return to their old form, then they did a very good job. If not, then not so great of a job.

Clips a little better, Suns retooling, Rockets rebuilding but no great improvements in their standings.

justinnum1
07-20-2012, 12:02 AM
good job-
heat
lakers
celtics
nets

bad job-
bulls(lost bench mob)
knicks(got a lot older, lost lin)

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-20-2012, 12:10 AM
If Lakers get Dwight, they will have the best offseason and probably the best season as well.

http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w388/Lars1000PetalLotus/you-dont-say.jpg

I Rock Shaqs
07-20-2012, 12:13 AM

Lol Elton Brand is not overweight that was the dumbest thing I've ever read.

I Rock Shaqs
07-20-2012, 12:17 AM
Best Off season : Celtics & Hawks
Worst Off season : Orlando & Chicago

justinnum1
07-20-2012, 12:18 AM
^good point, hawks had a great off season