PDA

View Full Version : Blazers match offer for Batum

LTBaByyy
07-18-2012, 05:51 PM
"@daldridgetnt: Sources confirm @JerryZgoda report: to no one's surprise, Blazers officially match the $46M offer sheet to Nicolas Batum offered by Wolves."

Huge setback for Wolves

LTBaByyy
07-18-2012, 05:54 PM
Wolves lose Webster, Randolph, Beasley, Darko

Also Rubio is injured and Williams isn't panning out as a #2pick

And gained no one this offseason, Love will become frustrated unless Roy is magically healed

WolvesJagsOs
07-18-2012, 05:55 PM
Who is Matthews?

We gained no one? Roy, Shved, Buddinger, Steimsma, and possible C.Lee and J.Hill say different.

And Rubio should be back by December, he won't be out long, Ridnour/Shved can hold down the PG role til he is back. Shved is a great passer as well, he should be pretty solid for us. And to say Williams isn't panning out after 1 year is a bit ridiculous, give him time.

jiggin
07-18-2012, 05:58 PM
Love this quote, shows how important reputations and how you handle negotiations...and how that can effect other teams working with you:

"Paul (Allen) wasn't letting anyone -- especially David Kahn -- steal Nic," one source said. "Period. You can't do a sign-and-trade if the trade part simply isn't an option."

"He would rather overpay himself into bankruptcy than feel swindled or bullied," said another league source.

IndyRealist
07-18-2012, 05:58 PM
Wolves lose Mathews, Randolph, Beasley, Darko

And gained no one this offseason, Love will become frustrated

Most of those guys aren't a big loss. Rubio hopefully will be back this season, and they may be forced to get better backup players. As for Williams, one year isn't exactly enough time to say he isn't panning out.

SA5195
07-18-2012, 06:01 PM
I am actually surprised that Blazers signed him back, thought he was gone for sure, especially with that kinda contract

jiggin
07-18-2012, 06:02 PM
Who is Matthews?

We gained no one? Roy, Shved, Buddinger, Steimsma, and possible C.Lee and J.Hill say different.

And Rubio should be back by December, he won't be out long, Ridnour/Shved can hold down the PG role til he is back. Shved is a great passer as well, he should be pretty solid for us. And to say Williams isn't panning out after 1 year is a bit ridiculous, give him time.

I have heard C. Lee will end up with the Celtics, but whatever. Point is, those last two names can't be included because they are not part of the team at this point.

TW have made some great moves, only bad part of this will be if they put all their eggs in one basket counting on Batum completing that roster. I doubt they did, I am sure they have a back up plan, but I have NEVER seen a backup plan be as good as the initial plan of attack out the gates. Pleasant surprises are good though... :)

PS - ANYTHING you get from Roy is a bonus, but I wouldn't count on him being around all of that 2 year contract. The guy just isn't medically able to play a full season and a ton of minutes. Hell, if he stays with the team and doesn't miss games to rest his knees then you are doing awesome regardless of how many minutes he puts in.

spreadeagle
07-18-2012, 06:04 PM
Love this quote, shows how important reputations and how you handle negotiations...and how that can effect other teams working with you:

hahahahaha thats classic! but I dont see it, I would have gotten the first rounders and let Minny over pay him

AddiX
07-18-2012, 06:05 PM
I really never understood the way the wolves chased batum the way they did. In the back of my mind I always wondered if they knew something I didn't know because it just made no sense.

The only guy they get is Roy, which IMO is a joke, no one in the world believes he will be healthy or be able to give a lot of minutes, and they waste all this time chasing a guy they had slim chances to get.

One thing this does IMO, is guarantees that khan is done in minny. If your minnesota and the only new piece you get is a broken player, you failed in MAJOR ways.

nbrod
07-18-2012, 06:06 PM
Damn, he would have fit in nicely with the wolves

Sota4Ever
07-18-2012, 06:07 PM
oh Addix. How you love to hate the Wolves..

LTBaByyy
07-18-2012, 06:09 PM
Rubio has to be a star coming back. Kevin Love has already stated he needs better players to play with

I would love Kevin Love to replace Dirk when he retires

He reminds of a young Dirk with better rebounding

daboywonder2002
07-18-2012, 06:10 PM
"@daldridgetnt: Sources confirm @JerryZgoda report: to no one's surprise, Blazers officially match the $46M offer sheet to Nicolas Batum offered by Wolves."

Huge setback for Wolves

how so? i dont think oj mayo was ever really in play. as long as things go according to plan(sign courtney lee before boston does, sign jordan hill and stiemsma). or at least 2 of the three, things are still good

AddiX
07-18-2012, 06:14 PM
oh Addix. How you love to hate the Wolves..

I said if they got batum that was a step in the right direction, but I don't think any of us believed the offer was enough to scars the blazers away, which is why I never understood why the wolves took so long to make the offer in the first place.

By waiting so long, a lot of free agents are taken off the market. Now they have Brandon Roy...And...

valade16
07-18-2012, 06:26 PM

"He would rather overpay himself into bankruptcy than feel swindled or bullied," said another league source.

It's Paul Allen, that could take awhile...

sunsfan88
07-18-2012, 06:32 PM
Portland having a horrid off season. First they lose out on Hibbert and now they overpay for Batum?

Wow.

topdog
07-18-2012, 06:33 PM

And gained no one this offseason, Love will become frustrated unless Roy is magically healed

:confused:

Those are not losses. Wolves are set to sign a bunch of guys who have been waiting on the Batum saga to end.

Buddinger, Roy and the "Russian Rubio" :eyebrow: Alexey Shved all have been acquired (formally signed or not).

Courtney Lee, Hill and Stiemsma are all expected to get offers and likely to sign. This is not the end of the world... just the recreation of the Rockets with Love, Rubio and Pek ta boot.

Red Hot Rolllin
so much unneeded fa drama ... played out as expected

23 and a vet... Blazers have no other player who can guard good 3s on the roster... we had to sign him

Anon
Crazy to think Batum got 4/45 and Lin is considered overpayed at 3/25.

NYtilIdie
07-18-2012, 06:34 PM
So after 1 year Derrick Williams isn't panning out? :laugh2: its not like some guy named Michael Beasley was playing ahead of him or nothing.

eric1501
07-18-2012, 06:35 PM
I said if they got batum that was a step in the right direction, but I don't think any of us believed the offer was enough to scars the blazers away, which is why I never understood why the wolves took so long to make the offer in the first place.

By waiting so long, a lot of free agents are taken off the market. Now they have Brandon Roy...And...

A lot of FAs were taken off the market? Start naming those guys from best to worst who Wolves lost out on. And the funny thing is the best player you are going to say is OJ Mayo. :D

topdog
07-18-2012, 06:39 PM
I have heard C. Lee will end up with the Celtics, but whatever. Point is, those last two names can't be included because they are not part of the team at this point.

TW have made some great moves, only bad part of this will be if they put all their eggs in one basket counting on Batum completing that roster. I doubt they did, I am sure they have a back up plan, but I have NEVER seen a backup plan be as good as the initial plan of attack out the gates. Pleasant surprises are good though... :)

PS - ANYTHING you get from Roy is a bonus, but I wouldn't count on him being around all of that 2 year contract. The guy just isn't medically able to play a full season and a ton of minutes. Hell, if he stays with the team and doesn't miss games to rest his knees then you are doing awesome regardless of how many minutes he puts in.

They don't have the money. They were trying to negotiate S&Ts with Dallas for Terry and I think engaged the Rockets about Lee, but had nothing those teams wanted.

Suns and a couple others are competition for Lee, but their is said to be mutual interest in Lee and Adelman re-uniting which combined with the cap to make a reasonable offer - $6-7M/yr. and the Wolves have pretty good odds.

Red Hot Rolllin
07-18-2012, 06:40 PM
Portland having a horrid off season. First they lose out on Hibbert and now they overpay for Batum?

Wow.

horrid? Hibbert was a good play that was out of or control... Batum deal is on par with other forwards.

Batum can defend and hit the 3 ball an a wise investment.... time will tell but your take lacks substance.. you prob think Lillard and Leonard were horrid picks

good luck gorat

topdog
07-18-2012, 06:43 PM
Crazy to think Batum got 4/45 and Lin is considered overpayed at 3/25.

Batum has the unteachable attributes of athleticism and length as well as a 4 year track record of good shooting and defense vs. Jeremy Lin's 25 games of glory on a depleted Knicks roster.

I do think the Knicks should have matched and tried to trade Lin in a couple of years once the hype fell off, but why risk being hampered with $40M paid out for a guy who might never be anything more than a 25 game fluke?

Swashcuff
07-18-2012, 06:49 PM
IMO Ronnie Brewer/Courtney Lee wouldn't be a bad 2nd after losing out on Brewer. Question is however can Brewer be a starter at the 3. Derrick Williams last season has pretty much shown that he really isn't THAT great of a 3 but IMO he has the ability and athleticism to develop into a player that can play the position.

It isn't as if Minny is totally out of options and they threw all their eggs in one basket. They can still try to swing a deal for Andre Iguodala (maybe something centered around Williams with a 3rd team getting involved) who is a better player than Batum and a better compliment to Kevin Love.

AddiX
07-18-2012, 06:52 PM
A lot of FAs were taken off the market? Start naming those guys from best to worst who Wolves lost out on. And the funny thing is the best player you are going to say is OJ Mayo. :D

Best player I would of Mentioned was probably Mayo as far as guys that fit what the wolves are trying to do. I'm not even a Mayo fan, but what better options are left?

You probably would of had to overpaid by a lot, but that's just the way it is.

Oefarmy2005
07-18-2012, 06:52 PM
I think it was a good move by the Wolves to offer the contract to Batum, granted they should have done that on the 11th, and it was a good move by the Blazers to match because Batum is a very good player. For my Wolves, basically everything hinders on signing C. Lee and his play - we need some major help at SG. Wolves are also in talks with Ronnie Brewer, but I am not a huge fan of that - I would rather have Corey Brewer back, which should tell you what I thing of Ronnie. Hill would be OK, but Carl Laundry would be even better. I think Steisma is as good as a lock to sign here.

LTBaByyy
07-18-2012, 06:53 PM
This has nothing to do with Batum but...

How long until K Love demands a trade?

Oefarmy2005
07-18-2012, 06:56 PM
Best player I would of(have) Mentioned was probably Mayo as far as guys that fit what the wolves are trying to do. I'm not even a Mayo fan, but what better options are left?

You probably would of(have) had to overpaid by a lot, but that's just the way it is.

No sure where you learned to talk/write, but "of" and "have" are not even close. Maybe you were trying to use "would've?"

Either way, the biggest FA the Wolves missed out on was Scoula, and I personally think Lee is a better fit than Mayo.

Oefarmy2005
07-18-2012, 06:57 PM

5 years... after the Wolves resign him to his next contract. :)

eric1501
07-18-2012, 06:57 PM
Best player I would of Mentioned was probably Mayo as far as guys that fit what the wolves are trying to do. I'm not even a Mayo fan, but what better options are left?

You probably would of had to overpaid by a lot, but that's just the way it is.

Exactly my point. They didn't miss out on anybody. So the obvious thing to do was try as hard as possible for sign and trade and if that didn't work they owed it to themselves and Batum to sign the offer sheet and force a division opponent to pay big bucks to someone they thought were going to get him for less. Batum would have been a top 10 FA pickup out of everyone in the class. RFAs and UFAs.

AddiX
07-18-2012, 07:07 PM
No sure where you learned to talk/write, but "of" and "have" are not even close. Maybe you were trying to use "would've?"

Either way, the biggest FA the Wolves missed out on was Scoula, and I personally think Lee is a better fit than Mayo.

If coming to PSD to correct the grammar of people you disagree with or don't like gives your weak as fck ego a boost, I feel bad for you.

Few people take time to worry about grammar here, so if thats a problem for you, hit the bricks.

PS: you didn't get Scola, Lee, or Mayo... So why is anyone here even arguing w me, you guys got Brandon Roy, that's it. Talk to me when you do something, not what you want to do or can do.

WolvesJagsOs
07-18-2012, 07:12 PM

Boston can only offer him 1.95M per, we can offer more than that obviously. There's a reason why he was waiting for that Batum fiasco to end. We've been in conversations with him since the 1st daily.

We put all our eggs in that basket because who else was there to get? Mayo was never a real option if that's where your getting at.

Roy had stem cell surgery or whatever, I'm not banking on him doing anything, but from the 2 articles i've read about it, I am a little bit optismitic. In the very least he can be a 15-20 minute guy who can knock down big shots for us.

WolvesJagsOs
07-18-2012, 07:13 PM

Shved, and Steimsma more than likely, as well as possibly C.Lee/Hill (although like you said, they aren't with the team yet, so nothing can be said, although from the news that has came out it sure looks promising).

AddiX
07-18-2012, 07:15 PM
Exactly my point. They didn't miss out on anybody. So the obvious thing to do was try as hard as possible for sign and trade and if that didn't work they owed it to themselves and Batum to sign the offer sheet and force a division opponent to pay big bucks to someone they thought were going to get him for less. Batum would have been a top 10 FA pickup out of everyone in the class. RFAs and UFAs.

I agree with what your saying but the point is, they missed out On other players and as of right now they lost 4-5 players, and only picked up one player that may be lucky to play half a season.

What do they do to improve and fill these holes.

And if they really wanted batum, is there anyone who actually believed that offer would get it done? I've said it a million times, it's no ones fault, but the Wolves have to overpay for valuable free agents, more than other teams.

If there not willing to do that, they won't ever be players in Free Agency.

AddiX
07-18-2012, 07:18 PM
Shved, and Steimsma more than likely, as well as possibly C.Lee/Hill (although like you said, they aren't with the team yet, so nothing can be said, although from the news that has came out it sure looks promising).

Lee is a solid pickup, then other guys are hardly wortH mentioning IMO. Lee makes them slightly better, but I hardly think he's the difference between playoffs and no playoffs.

IMO that's a hurdle wolves HAVE to jump this year.

WolvesJagsOs
07-18-2012, 07:19 PM
Addix, why do you keep saying "you just got Roy, that's it". We are 7 days into FA, and we signed Shved and Roy, not just Roy. To go along with that, from news reports, Steimsma is likely to sign here. Lee can only get a 1.95M per deal from Boston, so it's between us and PHX and maybe another team or two, and Hill wants to come here or go back to LA, you'd have to think he wants to come here since he's waited through this whole Batum saga.

Regardless, FA is longer than a week.

WolvesJagsOs
07-18-2012, 07:22 PM
Lee is a solid pickup, then other guys are hardly wortH mentioning IMO. Lee makes them slightly better, but I hardly think he's the difference between playoffs and no playoffs.

IMO that's a hurdle wolves HAVE to jump this year.

How is Shved and Steimsma hardly worth mentioning? I'd have to imagine you haven't read much about Shved if that's the case. And although Steimsma won't start, he is a much better backup C than we had last year and is great defensively and has an alright mid-range game. He also works hard, compared to Darko who was downright terrible. When you look at who we are going to/have picked up, and look at who we are replacing them, we upgrade across the board, and that's what you need to do. We have Rubio/Love/Pek who are difference makers and guys you build around, if we had even decent guys at the wings/backups last year, and Rubio didn't get hurt and missed the 2nd half, things would have been much different.

Oefarmy2005
07-18-2012, 07:28 PM
If coming to PSD to correct the grammar of people you disagree with or don't like gives your weak as fck ego a boost, I feel bad for you.

Few people take time to worry about grammar here, so if thats a problem for you, hit the bricks.

PS: you didn't get Scola, Lee, or Mayo... So why is anyone here even arguing w me, you guys got Brandon Roy, that's it. Talk to me when you do something, not what you want to do or can do.

You are not the first person I am going to correct and not the last. It doesn't matter what the context of your writing is and where you are writing, making such grammatical mistakes makes you sound like you never finished 7th grade. Once again, I am not trying to be mean, and I fully expect to someone to correct me if I make consistent and serious grammatical mistakes.

Now trying to be mean B) - let me put it in the language you will understand: " I dont done having an ego problem, I should of just let these go and "hit the bricks," but this what happens when your a educated peoples and u care about how peoples types and uses proper grammar and treateds other peoples with respect.

topdog
07-18-2012, 07:28 PM
A little player math logic:

The Wolves were nearly a playoff team with the league's worst wings last year.

The Rockets were nearly a playoff team last year with a Scola-Dalembert frontcourt and Lee-Budinger as rotation wings.

Move those wings to Minnesota and you have what? Playoffs.

(How good will the Wolves be? A lot depends upon the unknown "potential" variables - Roy, Williams, Shved, ect)

jpagemn
07-18-2012, 07:29 PM
Budinger getting no love.

topdog
07-18-2012, 07:29 PM
You are not the first person I am going to correct and not the last. It doesn't matter what the context of your writing is and where you are writing, making such grammatical mistakes makes you sound like you never finished 7th grade. Once again, I am not trying to be mean, and I fully expect to someone to correct me if I make consistent and serious grammatical mistakes.

Now trying to be mean B) - let me put it in the language you will understand: " I dont done having an ego problem, I should of just let these go and "hit the bricks," but this what happens when your a educated peoples and u care about how peoples types and uses proper grammar and treateds other peoples with respect.

Fix it!

Oefarmy2005
07-18-2012, 07:31 PM
How is Shved and Steimsma hardly worth mentioning? I'd have to imagine you haven't read much about Shved if that's the case. And although Steimsma won't start, he is a much better backup C than we had last year and is great defensively and has an alright mid-range game. He also works hard, compared to Darko who was downright terrible. When you look at who we are going to/have picked up, and look at who we are replacing them, we upgrade across the board, and that's what you need to do. We have Rubio/Love/Pek who are difference makers and guys you build around, if we had even decent guys at the wings/backups last year, and Rubio didn't get hurt and missed the 2nd half, things would have been much different.

He has a hard time understanding you, because you are using proper grammar. Try to dumb it down a bit. See example above. ^^^^

AddiX
07-18-2012, 07:34 PM
He has a hard time understanding you, because you are using proper grammar. Try to dumb it down a bit. See example above. ^^^^

Yes, personal insults and grammatical corrections are what weak minded Fcks do on PSD when they are butt hurt and cant stay in context with there rhetoric..

Oefarmy2005
07-18-2012, 07:35 PM

Now trying to be mean B) - let me put it in the language you will understand: I dont done having an ego problem, I should of just let these go and "hit the bricks," but this what happens when your a educated peoples and u care about how peoples types and uses proper grammar and treateds other peoples with respect.

Ok, let me translate to regular English per TopDog's request:

I don't have an ego problem and should have just minded my own business, but that's what happens when you're an educated person and you care about what people type and whether or not they use proper grammar, as well as treating other people with respect.

Oefarmy2005
07-18-2012, 07:38 PM
Yes, personal insults and grammatical corrections are what weak minded Fcks do on PSD when they are butt hurt and cant stay in context with there rhetoric..

You overreacted a bit, so I, perhaps, went over the top with my next few replies. Forget about it; if you like making severe grammatical errors - be my guest.

Hawkeye15
07-18-2012, 07:39 PM
the only part that bothers me is that free agents were set to sign July 11, and here we are and it's July 17. If they land Courtney Lee, Stiemsma, Hill, and Shved, and with the trade for Budinger, our wing situation is approximately 10000000 light years better then last season, when we had one of the worst wing situations in the NBA in a landslide.

Hawkeye15
07-18-2012, 07:39 PM
why do Wolves fans argue with Addix? He hates the Wolves, is negative towards basically every team including his own, move on.

Oefarmy2005
07-18-2012, 07:41 PM
It's funny how this thread quickly turned into an all Minnesota fans thread!

Googilyotta21
07-18-2012, 07:45 PM
Imagine if some arguments on PSD were in real life, would anyone get a word in? Would punches be thrown?

Sota4Ever
07-18-2012, 07:48 PM
I am surprised by all the Wolves fans.

Hawkeye15
07-18-2012, 07:52 PM

They are supposedly chasing Courtney Lee now, Stiemsma is wrapped up, Roy and Shved too. Jordan Hill is likely. So, if all works out,

Darko, Webster, Randolph, Beasley, and Miller out.
Roy, Lee, Shved, Stiemsma, Budinger, and Hill in.

How did we not upgrade this offseason dude? Please enlighten me. Hell take Lee/Hill out and add R. Brewer/Tolliver, and it's STILL an upgrade.

NBAfan4life
07-18-2012, 07:56 PM
I'm still upset we let Randolph walk away for next to nothing

AddiX
07-18-2012, 08:00 PM
why do Wolves fans argue with Addix? He hates the Wolves, is negative towards basically every team including his own, move on.

Lmao, I cant even argue with this assessment.

:facepalm: at myself

AddiX
07-18-2012, 08:05 PM
They are supposedly chasing Courtney Lee now, Stiemsma is wrapped up, Roy and Shved too. Jordan Hill is likely. So, if all works out,

Darko, Webster, Randolph, Beasley, and Miller out.
Roy, Lee, Shved, Stiemsma, Budinger, and Hill in.

How did we not upgrade this offseason dude? Please enlighten me. Hell take Lee/Hill out and add R. Brewer/Tolliver, and it's STILL an upgrade.

It's an improvement, but it's about as limited an improvement as is possible. I dunno, call me crazy, I thought minny would try and make a real move this year.

At some point, khan and the fans have to realize and admit, signing guys like barea, rignour, Webster, hill stiemsma etc etc, isn't going to change much.

Googilyotta21
07-18-2012, 08:09 PM
It's an improvement, but it's about as limited an improvement as is possible. I dunno, call me crazy, I thought minny would try and make a real move this year.

At some point, khan and the fans have to realize and admit, signing guys like barea, rignour, Webster, hill stiemsma etc etc, isn't going to change much.

It's because we live in igloos dude, we can't get big names!

Sota4Ever
07-18-2012, 08:12 PM
It is also winter 11 months out of the year and we just got color tv.

Aleksandar
07-18-2012, 08:16 PM
While we didn't have a blast off-season, I'm pretty content so far.

I could write a wall of text here about it, but since I doubt anyone would read, let me put it simple:

1. We dumped some chuckers.
2. We did not, and will not sign any new chuckers.
3. We will sign some nice role and backup players, who will be a good fit for our team.

4. Unfortunately, we did not manage to sign a star caliber player, but oh well.

jiggin
07-18-2012, 08:17 PM
Just found out the deal is for less than the original 46-50 million reported because the NBA commish office knocked the dollar amount down because some of the bonusses were not allowed by the league and the new CBA the players union voted on.

Also - Batum says he has been in constant contact with the Blazers and they have never said anything different than they will keep him. His agent just did what he had to do to get his client the most money possible.

blom85
07-18-2012, 08:25 PM

God damn your anoying, everything you type is anti wolves.

Hawkeye15
07-18-2012, 08:26 PM
Lmao, I cant even argue with this assessment.

:facepalm: at myself

dude, haha, anytime I see your name in a thread, I know it's negative haha. Hey, at least you are consistent with your own team, I will give you that brother. You're gonna be that fan, who after the Knicks complete a 16-0 postseason and beat the Thunder by 34 in game 4 to win the championship, says, "well, that was nice and all, but I am a little worried about the effort Chandler gave on the glass during that 3 minute span in the 2nd quarter".

Sota4Ever
07-18-2012, 08:27 PM
Just found out the deal is for less than the original 46-50 million reported because the NBA commish office knocked the dollar amount down because some of the bonusses were not allowed by the league and the new CBA the players union voted on.

Also - Batum says he has been in constant contact with the Blazers and they have never said anything different than they will keep him. His agent just did what he had to do to get his client the most money possible.

Wonder why he said that???

jpagemn
07-18-2012, 08:27 PM
ONLINE STORE

I think this guy makes some good points...

Red Hot Rolllin
07-18-2012, 08:30 PM
Wonder why he said that???

Neil said it... the source.. stating facts not rumors and tweets
http://www.nba.com/blazers/tbtv/video.html?videoID=3853

rickshaw
07-18-2012, 08:33 PM
Rubio has to be a star coming back. Kevin Love has already stated he needs better players to play with

I would love Kevin Love to replace Dirk when he retires

He reminds of a young Dirk with better rebounding

Love has 3 years left, and they only have ~30 million after this year. They have time, young talent and caproom

Also, thank you for going a post without mentioning the Nets.

Hawkeye15

there was approximately 435 times last season where I said to myself, "if we just had average wings, we would be so much damn better". Well, now we have that, especially if we sign Lee. Adelman's offense needs corner shooters, Budinger hit 44% from there, Lee 52% (led the NBA).

Trust me, I am very critical of Kahn and his drafts, but if we end up with what I listed, we are a playoff team barring injuries to key players.

Oefarmy2005
Neil said it... the source.. stating facts not rumors and tweets
http://www.nba.com/blazers/tbtv/video.html?videoID=3853

Just like the fact that Minnesota fans tweeted racist slurs to Batum and his wife...

jpagemn
07-18-2012, 08:34 PM
RHR - you are drinking the same kool-aid.

thekmp211
07-18-2012, 08:38 PM

none were difference makers. only webster is a loss imo.

williams isnt panning out? are you nostradomus? if anything webster, randolph and beas leaving gives him a chance to play. huge front court log jam last year.

wolves will be fine if healthy. rubio is the key, and they could use another shooter for sure.

Hawkeye15
07-18-2012, 08:40 PM
none were difference makers. only webster is a loss imo.

williams isnt panning out? are you nostradomus? if anything webster, randolph and beas leaving gives him a chance to play. huge front court log jam last year.

wolves will be fine if healthy. rubio is the key, and they could use another shooter for sure.

Budinger and Schved are very good shooters, and I think Lee may be added if the numbers work.

RLundi
07-18-2012, 08:53 PM
I think this guy makes some good points...

:laugh2:

RLundi
07-18-2012, 09:00 PM
A Chinese saying goes, hard work pays off. http://www.poci.info/jpg1

Lol do you honestly see an increase in business by posting here? I imagine everyone just kinda skips over these posts.

thekmp211
07-18-2012, 09:19 PM
Budinger and Schved are very good shooters, and I think Lee may be added if the numbers work.

forgot about budinger. he's better than everyone who left.

koreancabbage
07-18-2012, 09:22 PM
overpaid just like everyone in this free agent market. yes, even Deron Williams

FLWolvesFan
07-18-2012, 09:49 PM
The Wolves lost Randolph, Beasley, Miller, Webster, and Darko. To all the misinformed: These guys basically rode the pine and/or were hurt a decent portion of the time and/or are in Adelman's doghouse and aint gettin' out anytime soon. Miller retired essentially.

Budinger, Schved, Roy, and possibly Steinsma, Hill, and Lee are there replacements. Hopefully they play more consistant, it's an upgrade nonetheless. With a healthy Rubio they were vying for a playoff spot last year and should be in contention for one this season.

Hype
07-18-2012, 10:00 PM
Wolves will be just as good w/ Lee if he signs here. I was amped for Batum but he's just going to be a highly paid reserve in Portland now, wowee. We won't miss what we never had, at least we would have used him right - instead Portland is paying him more than double what they offered him during the season and he doesn't even want to be there. Not to mention Portland has no coach/no direction/no cap and is still on the hook for Webster and 17 mil of Roy's salary so he can drop 3's on your head when we play. Sorry, but your owner just spent a bunch of money for nothing, I'd be surprised if they won 10 games next year.

AddiX
07-18-2012, 10:43 PM
dude, haha, anytime I see your name in a thread, I know it's negative haha. Hey, at least you are consistent with your own team, I will give you that brother. You're gonna be that fan, who after the Knicks complete a 16-0 postseason and beat the Thunder by 34 in game 4 to win the championship, says, "well, that was nice and all, but I am a little worried about the effort Chandler gave on the glass during that 3 minute span in the 2nd quarter".

Being positive about anything in the NBA forum is pointless. Nobody pays attention to it, and it has 0 conversation value here.

Plus, most fans overrated there teams and players by miles. I find it funny all the free agents wolves fans were talking about before, now there happy w Guys like Roy and lee? Your fooling yourselves IMO.

I've said a bunch of times I thought batum would be a good move for the wolves and IMO would of got them up to the 7th seed, but I always said I had doubts they would get them. But everyone pays attention to negative.

I don't think it's negative to say your offseason has been underwhelming, nor do I think it's negative to say the improvements are minimal at best.

I think I'm being more realistic if anything. Which is why I've continued to say, wolves need to pick a free agent they LOVE, and pay him over the top. It's the only way there getting a real prize, time to bite that bullet.

DitchDat
07-19-2012, 03:25 AM
... as expected

sunsfan88
07-19-2012, 06:04 AM
horrid? Hibbert was a good play that was out of or control... Batum deal is on par with other forwards.

Batum can defend and hit the 3 ball an a wise investment.... time will tell but your take lacks substance.. you prob think Lillard and Leonard were horrid picks

good luck gorat

Nope I actually like Lillard a lot but yea Leonard is a bit shaky. They could have drafted someone like Jeremy Lamb instead to pair with Lillard in the back court but Leonard isn't a bad pick either since they needed a big man anyway.

Batum is a good player but I don't think he's worth this much. Batum isn't that much better than Wilson Chandler yet Chandler's making far less $$ than him.

Oefarmy2005
07-19-2012, 08:44 AM
Being positive about anything in the NBA forum is pointless. Nobody pays attention to it, and it has 0 conversation value here.

Plus, most fans overrated there teams and players by miles. I find it funny all the free agents wolves fans were talking about before, now there happy w Guys like Roy and lee? Your fooling yourselves IMO.

I've said a bunch of times I thought batum would be a good move for the wolves and IMO would of got them up to the 7th seed, but I always said I had doubts they would get them. But everyone pays attention to negative.

I don't think it's negative to say your offseason has been underwhelming, nor do I think it's negative to say the improvements are minimal at best.

I think I'm being more realistic if anything. Which is why I've continued to say, wolves need to pick a free agent they LOVE, and pay him over the top. It's the only way there getting a real prize, time to bite that bullet.

Not sure about "all" of the freeagents the Wolves' fans were talking about? The plan was always: Batum, Roy and Shved, resign Tolliver and maybe Randolph+add Hill for big man depth. If we sign Hill and Steisma - we are still on track and somehow add C. Lee, we are still on track. Some fans wanted Mayo, but he was almost always 2nd to C. Lee in UFA.

Abel Ye
07-19-2012, 08:50 AM
Wolves will be just as good w/ Lee if he signs here. I was amped for Batum but he's just going to be a highly paid reserve in Portland now, wowee. We won't miss what we never had, at least we would have used him right - instead Portland is paying him more than double what they offered him during the season and he doesn't even want to be there. Not to mention Portland has no coach/no direction/no cap and is still on the hook for Webster and 17 mil of Roy's salary so he can drop 3's on your head when we play. Sorry, but your owner just spent a bunch of money for nothing, I'd be surprised if they won 10 games next year.

You really think that? lmao

Davidgta1
07-19-2012, 08:54 AM
I was hopeing he sign with the timberwolfs.

SiteWolf
07-19-2012, 08:58 AM
yeah Paul Allen is really worried about the money he has to pay Webster and Roy...money that's stuck in his couch cushions.....

but rotflmAo@10 wins........you realize that w/o Crawford and Felton poisoning the locker room (both gone) and LMA getting injured (fine now) the Blazers may have made the playoffs last year......and on paper should be improved now (tho that depends on untested talent)......but 10 wins?! $100 says they have that in less than 20 games.

natelpete
07-19-2012, 09:12 AM

Was there some magical deadline for signing FAs that I missed?

Or are you just :drool:?

Blitzbolt
07-19-2012, 09:24 AM
The Blazers have the money so its a good move.

Hawkeye15
07-19-2012, 12:53 PM

And as I commented, having at least an average wing situation after this offseason (which we will have), already makes us much better. You seriously don't understand how bad our wing situation was. We had to start Ridnour at SG, and Wes freakin Johnson at SF most the season.

Red Hot Rolllin
07-19-2012, 01:19 PM
Nope I actually like Lillard a lot but yea Leonard is a bit shaky. They could have drafted someone like Jeremy Lamb instead to pair with Lillard in the back court but Leonard isn't a bad pick either since they needed a big man anyway.

Batum is a good player but I don't think he's worth this much. Batum isn't that much better than Wilson Chandler yet Chandler's making far less $$ than him.

That is a pretty fair assessment on Lamb... but we had to take a center we have nobody in the middle..... just like Batum he is the only player that can defend premier wings.... Hickson is going to add some inside help.. he was a underrated deal we inked.

Two wild cards in Freeland and Claver
Ronnie Price, a veteran to help Lillard and Smith

We went youth... not re-treds

Lets just see how well Lillard and LMA run the pick and roll before you write us off

I can't wait to punish the Wolves this year... I'm going to keep those ticks this year

10 wins comment? really ahaha

Hype
07-19-2012, 01:25 PM
yeah Paul Allen is really worried about the money he has to pay Webster and Roy...money that's stuck in his couch cushions.....

but rotflmAo@10 wins........you realize that w/o Crawford and Felton poisoning the locker room (both gone) and LMA getting injured (fine now) the Blazers may have made the playoffs last year......and on paper should be improved now (tho that depends on untested talent)......but 10 wins?! $100 says they have that in less than 20 games.

OMG, talk about he hypothetical! If only this happened and if we didn't have these guys we would have won it all! Delusional, and if Allen wants to drop cash just to drop it, at least have a goal in mind. Pretty sure those Greg Oden and Roy "steals" didn't really pan out all that well being that neither are playing for the Blazers anymore and they have nothing to show for it. Oh, except for couch change (17 Mil) for Roy to play the 2 for the Wolves. I'll check back after game 20 for that $100 bill

WSU Tony
07-19-2012, 01:44 PM
Better record next year... Wolves or Blazers?

AddiX
07-19-2012, 07:13 PM
Well, Lee is gone, am I still wrong here?

Blazers#1Fan
07-19-2012, 07:35 PM

We will be wolves more then they beat us no coach doesnt mean no direction and we are paying him market value we have cap space also i will laugh at you once Roy plays his 20 minutrs a game and roy and webster dont count on us we traded webster to you idiots roys contract is Not on the books its paul allens pocket change are owners a billionaire noy a millionaire he can afford it thats like gas for his big *** yacht once you learn the wolves suck and always will then we might talk

10 wins lmao so whats that mean for the wolves no wins

I sig bet you blazers have a better record then the crap wolves and we make the playoffs

Blazers#1Fan
07-19-2012, 07:37 PM
I forgot to add i think wolves fans forgot there GM and owner and Team are the laughing stock of the NBA i think bobcats are ahead of you future team wise

Red Hot Rolllin
07-19-2012, 08:05 PM
Lillard's dunk today was outrageous
http://www.nba.com/video/games/hawks/2012/07/19/15121200038_por_atl_play2.nba

Lillard is real deal... Go Blazers we struck gold

Killerjug
07-19-2012, 08:06 PM
I forgot to add i think wolves fans forgot there GM and owner and Team are the laughing stock of the NBA i think bobcats are ahead of you future team wise

:laugh:

Hawkeye15
07-19-2012, 08:13 PM
Well, Lee is gone, am I still wrong here?

about the Wolves not upgrading? Yes.