PDA

View Full Version : Kwame Brown Sixers starting C this year

spreadeagle
07-18-2012, 05:14 PM
Say what you want about Kwame but dude has made a lot of money and put in a lot of years by now..wonder if he will ever put together a really decent season. Not all star level but like 12 and 10 or something.

Sorry Sixers fans.

I know I tried to defend the Kwame Brown signing to a degree, because he’s an average NBA journeyman center and you are paying him like one. It’s not a bad deal and if he’s playing 15 minutes a night off the bench.

But if he is the starting five… well, that’s what Philly coach Doug Collins has planned, reports the Philadelphia Inquirer.

Speaking Tuesday afternoon at a news conference at the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Collins said he expects to start Brown and slide Spencer Hawes, last season’s starting center, over to power forward in a lineup that will also see Jrue Holiday, Evan Turner, and Andre Iguodala back in the starting lineup….

“Again, we’re not asking him to come in here and be the No. 1 pick like back then,” Collins said. “He’s coming to a place where he feels good about. I think we’re going to see the best of what Kwame has to offer.”

The idea is just get him to play post defense, rebound and stay out of the way of Jrue Holiday and Andre Iguodala. It sounds feasible on paper. It’s what Phil Jackson did when he got a team that started Kwame and Smush Parker to the playoffs. Of course, the Lakers ditched both those players as fast as they could.

My guess is this experiment ends before Christmas.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/18/sixers-coach-collins-kwame-brown-is-our-starting-center/

justinnum1
07-18-2012, 05:20 PM
saw this, hawes starting at pf is a scary thought. they just better stay out of the lotter so miami gets that pick next season.

LTBaByyy
07-18-2012, 05:20 PM
Wow they better keep Iggy or that is a lottery team

Still might be a lottery team with other teams getting better

keetyweedy
07-18-2012, 05:23 PM
I was gon say your crazy but I forgot we got brand, but hawes at 4 and kwame at 5 would be nice if kwame would develop his skills

LTBaByyy
07-18-2012, 05:29 PM
76ers need a go to scorer, I love the defense but it will only get you so far if you don't have a go to scorer

They might have the lowest scoring per game next season with Williams and Brand gone

Swashcuff
07-18-2012, 05:43 PM
Personally I don't see this lasting very long. I LOVED the Brown signing and IMO it was a year too late as he is now our best defensive big but in reality he isn't a starting calibre C. He is a super valuable individual defender but really that's his only stand out area.

Its no secret to 76ers fans however that we have one of if not the worst starting PF/C combo in the league and it really doesn't matter who we throw out there.

IMO this is just an experiment and really wouldn't last any time if it doesn't pay early dividends.

waveycrockett
07-18-2012, 05:49 PM
This is like Paul Silas saying Corey Maggette will be Bobcats no.1 option last yr lol

fresh prince
07-18-2012, 05:53 PM
Say what you want about Kwame but dude has made a lot of money and put in a lot of years by now..wonder if he will ever put together a really decent season. Not all star level but like 12 and 10 or something.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/18/sixers-coach-collins-kwame-brown-is-our-starting-center/

Hahahaha good luck with that!

Again, were not asking him to come in here and be the No. 1 pick like back then, Collins said. Hes coming to a place where he feels good about. I think were going to see the best of what Kwame has to offer.

The idea is just get him to play post defense, rebound and stay out of the way of Jrue Holiday and Andre Iguodala. It sounds feasible on paper. Its what Kobe Bryant did when he got a team that started Kwame, Luke Walton and Smush Parker to the playoffs. Of course, the Lakers ditched both those players as fast as they could.

Fixed :D

Iron24th
07-18-2012, 06:07 PM
Seems a bit slow as frontcourt

Unec
07-18-2012, 06:14 PM
Im a SIXERS fan and i hate BROWN & HAWES starting together... 100% BS man

Sixerlover
07-18-2012, 06:17 PM
:sigh:

StarvingKnick22
07-18-2012, 06:21 PM
lmao and sixer fans think think they are better than Knicks

Delusional
07-18-2012, 06:29 PM
Kwame and Hawes in the frontcourt together? At the same time? As starters?

What is Doug Collins smoking? And can I have some?

AIsixersFK
07-18-2012, 06:35 PM

I hate them in general

numba1CHANGsta
07-18-2012, 06:38 PM
Kwame's gonna troll so hard

Joker55
07-18-2012, 06:50 PM
Not sure this is a great move..

gilly
07-18-2012, 07:17 PM

We were last year. We don't know what this year is gonna be like. Your team sucked before Linsanity and now you don't even have that. Oh, and you replaced him with a fat guy and an old guy. Sit the **** down, first round exit.

May be the worse frontcourt of all time. We better pray Iggy doesn't let anyone into the lane and we stop any entry passes because we're gonna get eaten alive. Offensively we will be absolutely shocking, though, and we'll have Hawes playing as a spread four which gives me ulcers just thinking about it.

LeonFSU
07-18-2012, 08:00 PM
If I was a Sixers fan I'd be much angrier that Hawes is starting at all. IMO Kwame is a much better center than Hawes. It should be patently obvious that Hawes cannot play PF.

I would think the Sixers would be better off starting Young at PF than Hawes. Hawes doesn't really offer anything that Young doesn't, except size and slightly better rebounding. The advantages Young has over Hawes outweigh the slight advantages Hawes has over him. Basically, Hawes is terrible. Even starting Allen over him would be preferable.

I don't think it will be long before Philly puts Hawes on the bench. He is less starting material than Kwame for any NBA team.

goalie
07-18-2012, 08:18 PM

They are better.

76erEaglePhils
07-18-2012, 08:18 PM
The Sixers have officially become the laughing stock of the nba I mean who trots out there with a front court of Brown and Hawes. Two complete losers that do nothing to help your team down low the Sixers are a ****en joke plain and simple.

76erEaglePhils
07-18-2012, 08:21 PM
Not sure this is a great move..If that's what you think if the Nets made a move like this than how would you feel.

SA5195
07-18-2012, 08:22 PM
I feel bad for a player like Iggy

Shkelqim
07-18-2012, 08:24 PM
Seriously, just watch and learn folks. I don't think this will last, i have Allen stepping into the PF position by Christmas. But, it won't be as bad as you think, last year we lacked SIZE. We played great defense but we gave up so many rebounds. Giving the front court height helps us at best, also Hawes in some games had a decent shot. This is my only logical thinking to use him in spreading the floor and letting Jrue ET and Iggy go to work.

goalie
07-18-2012, 08:24 PM
The Sixers have officially become the laughing stock of the nba I mean who trots out there with a front court of Brown and Hawes. Two complete losers that do nothing to help your team down low the Sixers are a ****en joke plain and simple.

You don't understand the game and what Collins is talking about.

Forever35
07-18-2012, 08:28 PM

He will, when he is ab-so-lute-ly ready... Don't rush him... Stephen A is gonna love this if it is true... :D

seikou8
07-18-2012, 08:33 PM
[QUOTE=gilly;23003017]We were last year. We don't know what this year is gonna be like. Your team sucked before Linsanity and now you don't even have that. Oh, and you replaced him with a fat guy and an old guy. Sit the **** down, first round exit.

if derrick rose was healthy you would suffered the same fate that's a fact. knicks has had the better record the last two seasons and won the season series

StarvingKnick22
07-18-2012, 08:35 PM
They are better.

We were last year. We don't know what this year is gonna be like. Your team sucked before Linsanity and now you don't even have that. Oh, and you replaced him with a fat guy and an old guy. Sit the **** down, first round exit.

May be the worse frontcourt of all time. We better pray Iggy doesn't let anyone into the lane and we stop any entry passes because we're gonna get eaten alive. Offensively we will be absolutely shocking, though, and we'll have Hawes playing as a spread four which gives me ulcers just thinking about it.

U mad bro? we faced MIAMI and you think we were gonna win? you faced a rubbish Chi town which destroyed you in the first game WITH rose. knicks were hands down the better team just look at the match-up stats Sixers vs. Knicks. the sadder part is the fact that you actually know this and your too afraid to admit.

GiantsSwaGG
07-18-2012, 08:36 PM
So they got rid of Brand for Kwame brown :laugh:

76erEaglePhils
07-18-2012, 08:41 PM
You don't understand the game and what Collins is talking about.Wait till the season starts and we'll see what you understand boy!!!!

blastmasta26
07-18-2012, 08:43 PM
Hawes and Kwame starting at the 4 and 5 respectively? Eh. Not a huge fan of Hawes, and Kwame is a good defender but not quite starter material. The Sixers are starting to solidify a position of mediocrity, they probably should trade Iggy now for youth and/or picks.

gilly
07-18-2012, 08:56 PM
U mad bro? we faced MIAMI and you think we were gonna win? you faced a rubbish Chi town which destroyed you in the first game WITH rose. knicks were hands down the better team just look at the match-up stats Sixers vs. Knicks. the sadder part is the fact that you actually know this and your too afraid to admit.

The Bulls were 18-9 without Rose. Yeah, they sucked :rolleyes: We also took a very good Boston team to seven games, no mean feat given our team was very very young and they were battle hardened vets of all-star caliber (Garnett especially playing like a man possessed, Rondo playing genius-level playoff basketball and Pierce and Allen sidekicking).

The Sixers were ahead of the Knicks until the end of the year when we got lazy and you got Linsane. You lucked into picking up a second year point guard with barely any experience who just ended up being thrown in and exploding. Don't act like that team was well built, well coached for the majority of the season (Woodson better than D'Antoni), or that the Knicks had any idea about Lin. Just don't.

The Sixers also didn't come into the roster with Melo and Amare, two proven All-Stars and had expectations of being a very average team. The Knicks disappointed. Who'd have thought a team with no stars would get further than a team with two?

Cracka2HI!
07-19-2012, 02:26 AM
I don't think this is that bad. Kwame should help them at what they best which was defend. They didn't rebound well and he surely will help with that. Hawes is pretty loppy for a PF but he basically play the same role as last season with Kwame taking over Brands. IMO anyway. I mean they came a game away from the ECF. I don't think Kwame for Brand is that bad of a drop off

Losoway
07-19-2012, 02:27 AM
in other news i got a new cat today

DitchDat
07-19-2012, 03:19 AM
I like him as a backup, but this will be problematic IMO.

Monta is beast
07-19-2012, 05:13 AM
Great addition. People talk so much **** about Kwame, but he was changing the Warriors defense single handedly last season. Maybe moving Hawes to Power Forward will make him a little better on the defensive end. They need to address scoring though. They should package Iguodala with Thad Young for a scoring wing.

StarvingKnick22
07-19-2012, 07:39 AM
The Bulls were 18-9 without Rose. Yeah, they sucked :rolleyes: We also took a very good Boston team to seven games, no mean feat given our team was very very young and they were battle hardened vets of all-star caliber (Garnett especially playing like a man possessed, Rondo playing genius-level playoff basketball and Pierce and Allen sidekicking).

The Sixers were ahead of the Knicks until the end of the year when we got lazy and you got Linsane. You lucked into picking up a second year point guard with barely any experience who just ended up being thrown in and exploding. Don't act like that team was well built, well coached for the majority of the season (Woodson better than D'Antoni), or that the Knicks had any idea about Lin. Just don't.

The Sixers also didn't come into the roster with Melo and Amare, two proven All-Stars and had expectations of being a very average team. The Knicks disappointed. Who'd have thought a team with no stars would get further than a team with two?

yeah but the bulls also didn't have Noah. Knicks won the season series. You guys were never better this year, and you probably won't be next year. Face the facts, good day

dalton749
07-19-2012, 08:14 AM
Knicks suck, bro.

King41
07-19-2012, 09:32 AM
nice brown will give you 12ppg and 9rpg ^^

goose14741
07-19-2012, 12:41 PM

They are better.

Tnis is so boring to do but here

Holliday/meeks
Turner/n.young/ s.young
Iggy/harkless/dorrel wright
Hawes/t.young/moultrie
Kwame brown/vucavic/battie

I think thats a role players record haha and they r obv done making moves

Felton/kidd/prigioni
shump/smith
Melo/novak
Amare/kurt thomas
Chandler/Camby

1st unit
Holliday>felton
turner<shump
Iggy<melo
Hawes<amare
Kwame<chandler

2nd unit
meeks<kidd
Nyoung<jr
Harkless=novak
Tyoung/moultrie>kurt
Vucavec<camby

knicks win 7-2 with one tie
But thats not basketball of course. So lets talk about defense.
Felton = holliday
Shump = iggy
but then there is dpoy chandler and former one camby with kurt thomas to create some blood. Its kind of close when it comes to defense.
Offense? Do I have too?
Carmelo anthony.

I Rock Shaqs
07-19-2012, 12:59 PM

Knick Fans....... why??? whyy???!?!? why?!??!?!?!?!?!
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

seikou8
07-19-2012, 12:59 PM

Holliday/meeks
Turner/n.young/ s.young
Hawes/t.young/moultrie

Felton/kidd/prigioni
shump/smith
Melo/novak
Amare/kurt thomas
Chandler/Camby

1st unit
Holliday>felton
turner<shump
Iggy<melo
Hawes<amare
Kwame<chandler

2nd unit
meeks<kidd
Nyoung<jr
Harkless=novak
Tyoung/moultrie>kurt
Vucavec<camby

Felton = holliday
Shump = iggy
but then there is dpoy chandler and former one camby with kurt thomas to create some blood. Its kind of close when it comes to defense.
Offense? Do I have too?
Carmelo anthony.
games are played on the court not on paper

I Rock Shaqs
07-19-2012, 01:01 PM

Holliday/meeks
Turner/n.young/ s.young
Hawes/t.young/moultrie

Felton/kidd/prigioni
shump/smith
Melo/novak
Amare/kurt thomas
Chandler/Camby

1st unit
Holliday>felton
turner<shump
Iggy<melo
Hawes<amare
Kwame<chandler

2nd unit
meeks<kidd
Nyoung<jr
Harkless=novak
Tyoung/moultrie>kurt
Vucavec<camby

Felton = holliday
Shump = iggy
Offense? Do I have too?
Carmelo anthony.

You honestly just put Felton an equal defender to Holiday lmao, and I think your forgetting something SHUMPERT IS INJURED!( Major injury by the way.)
Why didn't you d the rest of the starting line-up for defense either or the bench defense?

I Rock Shaqs
07-19-2012, 01:04 PM
Also again to quote on that moron, It looks like he just went through 2K ratings, Nick Young is way better than Jr Smith as well.

Shkelqim
07-19-2012, 01:07 PM
Knicks are the laughing stock of the NBA. They have the dumbest players, dumbest organization. NO MATTER how many super stars they get they will never WIN. Carmelo proved to the world, he only plays defense once a game and Amare just sucks coming from a Suns offense first system. I don't think superstars win games more than Chemistry.

RLundi
07-19-2012, 01:10 PM
Egad.

seikou8
07-19-2012, 01:13 PM
Knicks are the laughing stock of the NBA. They have the dumbest players, dumbest organization. NO MATTER how many super stars they get they will never WIN. Carmelo proved to the world, he only plays defense once a game and Amare just sucks coming from a Suns offense first system. I don't think superstars win games more than Chemistry.

only one team has won without a superstar Detroit and maybe the mavs. chemisty matter in any team. i am a knicks and agrees with you :(

Eagles710
07-19-2012, 01:19 PM

Anyone is better then the knicks, the knicks dont play team basketball, the sixers do, that right there makes us better you have like 2 superstars, and still cant get ANYTHING done, we dont have a half of star, and got furthur then the knicks ever could

Swashcuff
07-19-2012, 01:47 PM

Holliday/meeks
Turner/n.young/ s.young
Hawes/t.young/moultrie

Felton/kidd/prigioni
shump/smith
Melo/novak
Amare/kurt thomas
Chandler/Camby

1st unit
Holliday>felton
turner<shump
Iggy<melo
Hawes<amare
Kwame<chandler

2nd unit
meeks<kidd
Nyoung<jr
Harkless=novak
Tyoung/moultrie>kurt
Vucavec<camby

Felton = holliday
Shump = iggy
Offense? Do I have too?
Carmelo anthony.

:puke:

Hands down the worst post in this thread. A MAZ ING!

Jarvo
07-19-2012, 05:04 PM
Wtf?

gilly
07-19-2012, 06:15 PM

This.

Holliday/meeks
Turner/n.young/ s.young
Hawes/t.young/moultrie

Felton/kidd/prigioni
shump/smith
Melo/novak
Amare/kurt thomas
Chandler/Camby

1st unit
Holliday>felton
turner<shump Disagree.
Iggy<melo
Hawes<amare
Kwame<chandler

2nd unit
meeks<kidd Meeks doesn't play for us anymore.
Nyoung<jr Nah.
Harkless=novak
Tyoung/moultrie>kurt
Vucavec<camby

Felton = holliday NO, NO NO NO NO, NO.
Shump = iggy LOL, Iggy is the best perimeter defender in the league. Shump is a rookie coming off injury. Calm down.
Offense? Do I have too?
Carmelo anthony.

I forgot the NBA was played on paper :facepalm: Bold is a few notes I wanted to add.

Sixers: play as a team especially on Defense.
Knicks: play as individuals in every possible facet of the sport.

Let me ask: how have these Knicks done in the playoffs? Oh, they've done nothing? What a damn surprise. Sit down.

COOLbeans
07-19-2012, 09:11 PM
Kwame actually played pretty well for the Warriors before going down with injury. He could defintitely be a limited starting option when healthy. He's better than a lot of guys out there.