PDA

View Full Version : Magic have very little interest in Bynum

waveycrockett
07-18-2012, 02:21 PM
Josh Robbins ‏@JoshuaBRobbins
All signs -- coaching finalists, not wanting Bynum -- show #Magic want to bottom out. That strategy requires luck to work.

Lost amid all the D12 speculation is that the Magic have little interest in acquiring Andrew Bynum: http://ht.ly/ckD57
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

Larry Coon ‏@LarryCoon
True. They don't want to
...go from DH I to DH II. @JoshuaBRobbins

Although many Magic fans have clamored for the team to trade Howard to the Los Angeles Lakers for All-Star center Andrew Bynum, any potential Magic-Lakers deal faces a significant hurdle.

Magic officials have concerns about the health of Bynum's knees, according to two NBA sources with knowledge of the team's thinking. Bynum's lengthy injury history worries the Magic more than the fact that Bynum is scheduled to become a free agent after the 2012-13 season.

With the Nets out of the picture until at least mid-January and with a deal for Bynum facing a roadblock, the Houston Rockets now might be the front-runners to acquire Howard. The Rockets, desperate to add some star power to their perpetually mediocre roster, are willing to trade for Howard even if Howard gives them no assurance that he will remain with the franchise beyond next season.

wow

king4day
07-18-2012, 02:24 PM
I think this news was already out there. That's why Houston and Cleveland are involved. One of them would take Bynum and give up their assets to Orlando.

zB_#85
07-18-2012, 02:27 PM
Houston honestly has the best deal on the table to offer Orl IMO.

I wonder if LA and Orlando's face to face meeting could result in Orlando telling Houston no to Dwight but yes to a 3 team deal sending Dwight to LA and Bynum to Houston? I'm not sure what benefit it would be to Orlando, they're going to get the same stuff back either way, but I also wouldn't put it past today's NBA for the Lakers to have some side deal with Orlando saying they'll pay them cash considerations if they hardball Houston into the 3 team deal. Houston seems to want Dwight or nothing and doesn't want to facilitate Dwight to LA but if Orlando tells them 3 team deal or nothing maybe they budge. The only proposed benefit I could think Orlando would have in this (aside from maybe some shady cash coming from the Lakers) would be the fact that Houston wouldn't panic at deadline and move him to New Jersey keeping Dwight in their conference.

IDK what to think of all this, but face to face talks between Orlando and LA have to mean that something creative like this is being thrown out there.

Thoughts?

justinnum1
07-18-2012, 02:27 PM
let this be over already

Heat20
07-18-2012, 02:28 PM
They won't have any interest unless he agrees to an extension, the third team is going to have to give up a lot if they take in Bynum

zB_#85
07-18-2012, 02:31 PM
They won't have any interest unless he agrees to an extension, the third team is going to have to give up a lot if they take in Bynum

I guarantee Bynum isn't extending anywhere. Going to make more money as a free agent rather than extending now. What they are going to want though is a verbal or written commitment to re-sign.

LongIslandIcedZ
07-18-2012, 02:34 PM
Orlando shouldnt be getting Bynum, Houston should.

Dwight goes to the Lakers, and some of Houston's young assets and Toronto's pick going to Orlando.

Lakers + Giants
07-18-2012, 02:36 PM
I think this news was already out there. That's why Houston and Cleveland are involved. One of them would take Bynum and give up their assets to Orlando.

Exactly. If not it would just be Lakers and Orlando talking trade. There's a reason a 3rd team needs to be involved. Nothing new here.

Wavey, i don't know if you know, but Brooklyn didn't get Dwight. .. LMFAO. Troll.

waveycrockett
07-18-2012, 02:37 PM
Exactly. If not it would just be Lakers and Orlando talking trade. There's a reason a 3rd team needs to be involved. Nothing new here.

Wavey, i don't know if you know, but Brooklyn didn't get Dwight. .. LMFAO. Troll.
Actually the original thought was Lakers needed a 3rd team because they cant take on salary or give any picks. But you know all. No trolling I swear

MagicBucsSox
07-18-2012, 02:38 PM
Because they're smart, wee don't wanna end up like the Knicks with Amare deal

waveycrockett
07-18-2012, 02:43 PM
because they're smart, wee don't wanna end up like the knicks with amare deal

exactly

eternal slumber
07-18-2012, 02:45 PM
please, get it done Houston.

ThunderousDemon
07-18-2012, 02:45 PM
I hope the Lakers don't trade for Howard, the guy doesn't want to be here and the Lakers will be in the same position as the Magic in trying to trade Dwight.

Lakers + Giants
07-18-2012, 02:48 PM
Actually the original thought was Lakers needed a 3rd team because they cant take on salary or give any picks. But you know all. No trolling I swear

Well if orlando was interested in Bynum they would have been closer to a deal with LA. It's been known for a while now that Orlando values picks and getting rid of bad contracts over Bynum, nothing new here.

Yunqn
07-18-2012, 02:54 PM
The third team should be the bulls..

Noah , picks and hamilton for bynum, jason richardson & davis

This is a gamble that could help the bulls future mightly ..

Bynum is the second star we need and it helps that he doesnt take the ball away from rose .. Bynum under thibs defensively could be amazing especially if we keep taj & deng..Richardson gives us that sg that we needed for years now..

This is the kind of trade the bulls need to get to pair up rose with some help an at the same time not only to get another piece but one who has the potiential to be just as dominat as rose...

Rose/teague
Richardson/hinrich
Deng/butler
Taj/davis
Bynum/asik ..

zB_#85
07-18-2012, 03:00 PM

Bynum is the second star we need and it helps that he doesnt take the ball away from rose .. Bynum under thibs defensively could be amazing especially if we keep taj & deng..Richardson gives us that sg that we needed for years now..

This is the kind of trade the bulls need to get to pair up rose with some help an at the same time not only to get another piece but one who has the potiential to be just as dominat as rose...

Rose/teague
Richardson/hinrich
Deng/butler
Taj/davis
Bynum/asik ..

not as good as Houston package. Houston giving them alot more cap relief which is a big deal for Orlando reportedly.

kobebabe
07-18-2012, 03:00 PM
Nothing new here. Same 2 divas, same teams, same story, same unsolved drama! Just trade his *** anywhere and get it over with!

EasternStar
07-18-2012, 03:06 PM
Wow! And I thought Hennigan was smart. He's more dumb to not take Bynum than making the stupid decision of not taking the Nets deal. It's clearly the only they got at the time.

DerekRE_3
07-18-2012, 03:13 PM
I guarantee Bynum isn't extending anywhere. Going to make more money as a free agent rather than extending now. What they are going to want though is a verbal or written commitment to re-sign.

Not if he signs a max extension, which he very well may get offered with guys like Omer Asik getting 8 mil a year.

Chavacano
07-18-2012, 03:17 PM

This.

zB_#85
07-18-2012, 03:18 PM
Not if he signs a max extension, which he very well may get offered with guys like Omer Asik getting 8 mil a year.

If I'm understanding it right, the most he can sign on an extension is signifcantly less than the max he can sign in free agency to the team with his bird rights. I'm pretty sure it's because he gains 1 more year of experience by waiting until free agency which makes him eligible for an increase in his max salary...

TheIlladelph16
07-18-2012, 03:22 PM

Rose/teague
Richardson/hinrich
Deng/butler
Taj/davis
Bynum/asik ..

Not sure if that's nearly enough from the Bulls to manage raking in Bynum. Between the Lakers and the Bulls, neither teams have the assets necessary to facilitate a trade for a player of Howard's caliber. Noah is a talented piece, but picks and an aging Rip is simply not going to net you Bynum plus a better scoring option that Rip in Richardson.

Rockets are willing to give up a boatload of young talent, friendly contracts, and draft picks that will certainly be higher than one from either LA or Chicago (Bobcats future pick aside). Magic would be utterly stupid not to take the deal Houston is offering them.

twin4life
07-18-2012, 03:23 PM
Orlando is dragging this along.. accept a ****** deal and move on

nickdymez
07-18-2012, 03:26 PM
I hope the Lakers don't trade for Howard, the guy doesn't want to be here and the Lakers will be in the same position as the Magic in trying to trade Dwight.

You think the lakers would try and trade dwight at the trade deadline??? lmao

ThunderousDemon
07-18-2012, 03:29 PM
You think the lakers would try and trade dwight at the trade deadline??? lmao

No, what I meant is that if the Lakers acquire Dwight and find out he won't be signing an extension, then they will be in the same position as the Magic in trying to find a suitable trade.

juggla53
07-18-2012, 03:31 PM
they have very little interest in the fact bynum wont sign an extension, which is understandable

Losoway
07-18-2012, 03:33 PM
bynum wont do nothing for the magics . they should go with the rockets offer

thats a crazy steal

Verbal Christ
07-18-2012, 03:35 PM
Why would the rockets blow up the roster in order to serve LA's needs?

Could very well just wait til bynum is a free agent and shoot him a Max contract without losing young pieces and without helping LA become a better team.

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-18-2012, 03:35 PM
bynum wont do nothing for the magics . they should go with the rockets offer

thats a crazy steal

So he will do something?

WhiteSoxGod
07-18-2012, 03:39 PM
Too bad James Dolan isn't the Magic GM. He trade Dwight Howard to the Rockets for Kevin Martin and a 2nd rd pick, no doubt.

NYSPORTSALLDAY
07-18-2012, 03:54 PM
Bynum is a d bag.

Raph12
07-18-2012, 03:54 PM
If they went from Dwight to Bynum, they'd be stuck as a 5-10 seed for years... They want to rebuild and rightfully so.

TheRazorboy
07-18-2012, 03:56 PM
Orlando is dragging this along.. accept a ****** deal and move on

Right. Take any old deal that comes along to satisfy the attention span of the common fan.

Blazers#1Fan
07-18-2012, 04:48 PM
Lakers rockets magic should doa 3 team trade

Lakers get:Howard,hedo,
Magic get:lamb,T.Jones,johnson-odom,white,3 1st rnd picks
Rockets get:gasol,richardson,anderson,artest,2 2nd round picks

Bynum stays in la and they use 2 centers

Bynum
Howard
Hedo
Kobe
Nash

Anderson
Gasol
Artest
Richardson
Lin

LOOTERX9
07-18-2012, 04:53 PM
orlando is obsessed with howard and are not going to trade this guy. ive been saying this for the longest

TylerSL
07-18-2012, 04:56 PM
of course they are not intrested in Bynum, he has said, he is not going to sign an extension if traded there......

Stunner
07-18-2012, 05:00 PM
Heard The Cavs are the third team this time and Bynum
Listed the Cavs as one of the team he wants to get traded too.

Chavacano
07-18-2012, 06:31 PM

Bynum
Howard
Hedo
Kobe
Nash

Anderson
Gasol
Artest
Richardson
Lin

WTF?! :speechless:

omagicdon
07-18-2012, 06:46 PM
I am sure (it is w/me)still fresh,I speak of grant hill,in our memories.why gamble our next 5to10 years on another injury star

Aust
07-18-2012, 06:48 PM
Hence why a 3-team trade is great for all parties

D12 fan
07-18-2012, 06:48 PM
I am sure (it is w/me)still fresh,I speak of grant hill,in our memories.why gamble our next 5to10 years on another injury star

WTF are you talking about?

Blazers#1Fan
07-18-2012, 06:58 PM
WTF?! :speechless:

Just imagine it

Not saying its a good deal but if LA had that its over for everybody and of course conttacts would have to match

Run&Gun
07-18-2012, 07:06 PM
Still don't understand why the lakers even need to be involved in this trade, when Dwight hasn't said he would be interested in signing an extension there. Why wouldn't Orlando just deal with Houston straight up, they had a real good package before they traded Lowry or with the Nets, Orlando's FO is ridiculously stupid.

Aust
07-18-2012, 07:09 PM
Just imagine it

Not saying its a good deal but if LA had that its over for everybody and of course conttacts would have to match

:facepalm::facepalm:
The paint would be so clogged...

Bynum or Dwight+Gasol >>>>>>>>> Bynum+Dwight

rockets-fan
07-18-2012, 07:14 PM

Bynum
Howard
Hedo
Kobe
Nash

Anderson
Gasol
Artest
Richardson
Lin

Why would Houston do this?!?!?! For gasol??? You thing they will give up Lamb,Jones,White and 3 1st rnd picks for Gasol???Artest??? Come on man what are you thinking?

rockets-fan
07-18-2012, 07:17 PM
And that Lineup is HORRIBLE for what Houston wants to do.

Lin-yes
Richardson-no
Artest-no
Gasol-no
Anderson-no

Yea Gasol is good and all but he was last years plan, not now, not with how young our roster is.

Black24Momba8
07-18-2012, 07:47 PM

Bynum
Howard
Hedof
Kobe
Nash

Anderson
Gasol
Artest
Richardson
Lin

Anderson plays for the Hornets now

waveycrockett
07-19-2012, 09:12 PM
All signs -- coaching finalists, not wanting Bynum -- show #Magic want to bottom out. That strategy requires luck to work.

updated

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-19-2012, 09:13 PM
updated

Updated what? :laugh2:

Get over it, Dwight is not going to BKN! Live with it!

waveycrockett
07-19-2012, 09:14 PM

This thread has nothing to do with Dwight :confused:

Aust
07-19-2012, 09:15 PM
Finally we don't have to hear/talk about a 2 team deal.
3 team deal or nothin

Losoway
07-19-2012, 09:17 PM
wavey remember yesterday when we was telling laker fans this ?

smh . its over dwight will retire a magic before he joins the lakers

Losoway
07-19-2012, 09:17 PM

Aust
07-19-2012, 09:21 PM
You sound like a broken record

Losoway
07-19-2012, 09:21 PM
guarantee nets will have dwight by jan if he is still in orlando . which he will be

Aust
07-19-2012, 09:25 PM
guarantee nets will have dwight by jan if he is still in orlando . which he will be

If the season starts and Dwight's still a Magic, then he'll be a Net.

WhiteSoxGod
07-19-2012, 09:25 PM

I'll believe that when me **** turns purple and smells like Rainbow Sherbert.

DaVille
07-19-2012, 09:31 PM
rofl.....Lakers been trying so hard couple years now. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4EiBFUpFXg ) Give it up! It will never happen. Lakers, Howard trade has been dead for 2years. Daryl Morey will get his guy (Dwight) in Houston. Watch, and see.

Losoway
07-19-2012, 09:31 PM
if dwight isnt traded before the season starts. it makes no sense to get rid of him...he said he will be ready to play soon. the magic can still be a playoff team with him playing 70 percent just look at last year . then that make a trade before the deadline get either lopez n assets or by then the rockets will be desperate

its a win - win for the magic to wait

5ass
07-19-2012, 09:38 PM

You're sig is uncalled for. Im actually very happy to have Rob as a GM. The guy is trying to take control, hes not rushing anything, and making the right decisions. For a young, new GM he seems very composed. Im with him all the way, get draft picks, young players and capspace, and rebuild the right way. Thats how it should be done. He wants to build his own team while trying to clean up after Otis Smith.

I've been saying since last year that bynum makes very little sense on the magic, he will be overpaid, injury prone, kill our capspace, and probably still be inconsistent on both ends of the floor. Bynum is not the type of player you give max money and build a contender around. People thought that it was the right move because we're losing the best center in the league and getting the second best center to replace him, but its not that simple.

I dont care how much longer this process drags on as long as we get a great package.

C-Style
07-19-2012, 09:44 PM

OH HE'S A NETS FAN??? :laugh2:

topdog
07-19-2012, 10:03 PM
As much as I love Pekovic, Kahn needs to get in here and get this one done!

John Walls Era
07-21-2012, 05:03 AM
Too bad, he would make them relevant again.

3ballbomber
07-21-2012, 05:10 AM
rofl.....Lakers been trying so hard couple years now. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4EiBFUpFXg ) Give it up! It will never happen. Lakers, Howard trade has been dead for 2years. Daryl Morey will get his guy (Dwight) in Houston. Watch, and see.
jeez, i watched your sig on replay for 5 mins

omagicdon
07-21-2012, 05:25 AM
WTF are you talking about?
I really dnt even knw y I grace you with response.apparently yur little mini gets all fuzzy or somethn when u se my posts kid...r u gay?nothn against them,imjust NOT and I'm engaged to beautiful italian WOMAN....
So plz get of my jock(and DWIGHT COWARDS TOO.!!)
In simple terms,stop harassing boy.look at all yur posts in 6mnths.(u live with mommy I bet %100 bux)U HAVE ONLY BEEN ON PSD 6MONTHS.
75%listen and 25%talk
AND TO RESPOND(sorry every1,this guy....)
I was refering to bynum and lopez really...don't wanna gamble on 7footers and foot/knee issues...

Aust
07-21-2012, 05:30 AM
People necroing threads smh

omagicdon
07-21-2012, 05:39 AM
People necroing threads smh
Plz 4giv me for not understanding...what does tht mean?

STL Don
07-21-2012, 05:46 AM
Orlando should try reaching out to Andrew.:shrug:
There's no other explanation as to why they wouldn't be intrigued by the idea of Bynum being apart of their rebuilding process. Adding 1 or two other all star caliber players around him (through draft, trade, etc.) and you have yourself a playoff team for years.

Lakeshow24KB
07-21-2012, 06:02 AM
I really dnt even knw y I grace you with response.apparently yur little mini gets all fuzzy or somethn when u se my posts kid...r u gay?nothn against them,imjust NOT and I'm engaged to beautiful italian WOMAN....
So plz get of my jock(and DWIGHT COWARDS TOO.!!)
In simple terms,stop harassing boy.look at all yur posts in 6mnths.(u live with mommy I bet %100 bux)U HAVE ONLY BEEN ON PSD 6MONTHS.
75%listen and 25%talk
AND TO RESPOND(sorry every1,this guy....)
I was refering to bynum and lopez really...don't wanna gamble on 7footers and foot/knee issues...

Are you okay?