PDA

View Full Version : Are the Knicks clearly the second best team in the Eastern Conference?

Pages : [1] 2

Scooby-Doo
07-18-2012, 04:32 AM
The Heat is the best team because they are the defending champs. Other than that, every other team in the East has either gotten worse or remained the same.

Teams that have gotten worse:
-Bulls (lost Rose + bench players)
-Celtics (lost Allen, and got older)
-Magic (self-explanatory)
-Hawks (lost Johnson)
-76ers (lost Brand and their point guard)

Teams that have remained the same:
-Pacers
-Nets (they improved but barely - the only difference is they added an overrated and inconsistent shooting guard)

I could see the Knicks steamrolling past every other team throughout the season and the playoffs. It will be an interesting series between the Heat and Knicks in the playoffs.

Aust
07-18-2012, 04:34 AM
Clearly? No.

The East is very good. Should be a fun season :D

Toxeryll
07-18-2012, 04:36 AM
lol no..

DitchDat
07-18-2012, 04:45 AM
No. Surely the Knicks added some pieces but other than Camby (who will be a backup), their frontline defense still relies too much on Tyson Chandler.

Raymond Felton has to give his all just to be an average NBA point guard, and Kidd doesn't exactly make the Knicks younger or more dynamic. Should be another fun season for the Knicks (or Nuggets lite) but they're not a lock for the No.2 seed.

DitchDat
07-18-2012, 04:46 AM
And yes, the Celtics lost Ray Allen, but they added Terry+Jeff Green. People forget that we get Green back.

Philapsychosis
07-18-2012, 04:48 AM
-76ers (lost Brand and their point guard

We traded Jrue Holiday!!!????? When?? I didn't see it reported!

javaid64
07-18-2012, 04:49 AM
No. Surely the Knicks added some pieces but other than Camby (who will be a backup), their frontline defense still relies too much on Tyson Chandler.

Raymond Felton has to give his all just to be an average NBA point guard, and Kidd doesn't exactly make the Knicks younger or more dynamic. Should be another fun season for the Knicks (or Nuggets lite) but they're not a lock for the No.2 seed.

raymond felton doesn't have to give it his all...guy eats krispy kreme all day and still is average pg....not many can say that

HuRRiCaNeS324
07-18-2012, 04:50 AM
lol.... no. Not even top 3

Heat
Celtics
Pacers

Knicks were mediocre at best last year and they've done pretty much nothing this offseason. Losing Linn and getting Kidd doesn't make them any better, and adding two backups isn't gonna make them 5 seeds better.

kingsdelez24
07-18-2012, 04:51 AM

We traded Jrue Holiday!!!????? When?? I didn't see it reported!

Ignorant knick fan thinks Lou Williams was starting

javaid64
07-18-2012, 04:53 AM
lol.... no. Not even top 3

Heat
Celtics
Pacers

Knicks were mediocre at best last year and they've done pretty much nothing this offseason. Losing Linn and getting Kidd doesn't make them any better, and adding two backups isn't gonna make them 5 seeds better.

but a healthy team will

kingsdelez24
07-18-2012, 04:53 AM
So Boston got older by adding sullinger and Fab Melo? The jet is a better sixth man than ray Allen, and Allen leaving guarantees Avery Bradley the starting spot

Don't see more age there

DitchDat
07-18-2012, 04:54 AM
raymond felton doesn't have to give it his all...guy eats krispy kreme all day and still is average pg....not many can say that

He has to work to be average. If he's not focused and in shape, he's actually kind of a bad player.

kingsdelez24
07-18-2012, 04:56 AM
So Boston got older by adding sullinger and Fab Melo? The jet is a better sixth man than ray Allen, and Allen leaving guarantees Avery Bradley the starting spot

Don't see more age there

Forgot to mention they re-signed a healthy and young jeff green

That TOTALLY makes them older

Dade County
07-18-2012, 04:57 AM
YES, Ny is the 2nd best team in the east.... and they will loss to the HEAT in the ECF... I hope that pain will hurt you Knicks fans, and enjoy your up coming season.

More-Than-Most
07-18-2012, 05:09 AM
They are stuck in Hell Like the sixers.... they are a 5-8 seed at best...In fact I am not sure they are even better than the sixers to be honest....If we trade iggy they are but both teams are stuck in hell....They are good enough to not be a lottery team while not being good enough to contend.

GoferKing_
07-18-2012, 05:13 AM
Knicks, 2nd best in the East? Dude, what do you smoke? The added drunken Kidd and fat Felton, crazy Amare is still around, same for low IQ JR Smith. How they are better than Boston or Indiana?

Dade County
07-18-2012, 05:15 AM
They are stuck in Hell Like the sixers.... they are a 5-8 seed at best...In fact I am not sure they are even better than the sixers to be honest....If we trade iggy they are but both teams are stuck in hell....They are good enough to not be a lottery team while not being good enough to contend.

You are crazy comparing the 76ers to the Knicks.

bbcmillionaire
07-18-2012, 05:17 AM
Lol scooby must of smoked someof shaggy's secret stash

More-Than-Most
07-18-2012, 05:20 AM
You are crazy comparing the 76ers to the Knicks.

your right we can actually play defense....My fault...The sixers actually had a good off season...They are still a pretender and a 5-8 seed but again how exactly are the knicks that much better because I do not see it?

KaganRS
07-18-2012, 05:22 AM
What a complete joke - steamrolling ?

Pacers right now are 2nd best. You could argue the Celtics as well.

What is it with some of these new Knicks fans in PSD.

85BearsDefense
07-18-2012, 05:24 AM
Celtics,

Resigned Jeff Green whom many forget is a damn good player, get Bradley back, signed Terry whos better than Allen, drafted Sullinger and Melo. Celtics will give the Heat a run for their money again.

More-Than-Most
07-18-2012, 05:25 AM
Let be real...Besides the heat/celtics.... No team in the East has a actual shot at the title...Not the Magic/Pacers/Nets/Knicks/Sixers/Hawks.... The east is not as deep or good as people are making it out to be....

We have 1 great team in the heat....1 good team in the celtics....And then we have the pretenders.

javaid64
07-18-2012, 05:46 AM
a healthy knick team is at least the 3rd best team if not 2nd in east and you must be an idiot if you think it horrendously inconceivable. we were the 7th seed with no good pg in the tail-end of the season, coaching change, injuries all around and we still were 7th seed, i can't remember a team with that much dysfunction even get into the playoff. and we are probably the only one that can say we can compete with miami from a talend stand point, and we can probably compete (miami is still way better) with miami if we have a somewat healthy roster.

DitchDat
07-18-2012, 05:50 AM
a healthy knick team is at least the 3rd best team if not 2nd in east and you must be an idiot if you think it horrendously inconceivable. we were the 7th seed with no good pg in the tail-end of the season, coaching change, injuries all around and we still were 7th seed, i can't remember a team with that much dysfunction even get into the playoff. and we are probably the only one that can say we can compete with miami from a talend stand point, and we can probably compete (miami is still way better) with miami if we have a somewat healthy roster.

No way that you guys can push Miami harder than Boston.

rockbottom2010
07-18-2012, 05:52 AM
The Heat is the best team because they are the defending champs. Other than that, every other team in the East has either gotten worse or remained the same.

-Magic (self explanatory)
-Hawks (lost Johnson)

-Pacers
-Nets (they improved but barely - the only difference is they added an overrated and inconsistent shooting guard)

I could see the Knicks steamrolling past every other team throughout the season and the playoffs. It will be an interesting series between the Heat and Knicks in the playoffs.

knicks are not the second best team in the east.....u still never got ur facts straight....the 76ers got even younger which is better...they signed nick young...and they still have jrue holiday....and they had a pretty good draft...secondly....the celtics added jason terry and re-signed jeff green...and drafted nice players like sullinger and fab melo....nets have a big time baller and shooter with JJ...and plus lopez was out most of the season....sooo they will be much improved.....the only teams i could agree upon is the bulls, the magic,the hawks...however they have lou williams and still be contenders.....so if ur gonna do a thread like this...make sure u get ur facts straight before anything

jon32
07-18-2012, 05:53 AM
**** no, not even close

javaid64
07-18-2012, 05:55 AM
No way that you guys can push Miami harder than Boston.

we don't know that for a fact unless we see a healthy knick team with an actual gaurd. felton/shump(when he comes back) starting next year should improve their odd against Miami somewhat..

and boston is legit, not taking anything away from them and they always prove me wrong but they they had to play a unhealthy Miami team without bosh compared to what the knicks had to do. it's closer than most people think

nbrod
07-18-2012, 06:05 AM
Nahh...

Warriors0
07-18-2012, 06:08 AM
Knicks are gonna be pretenders for a while and the sixers have young developing talent and someone who has trade value for picks and young players. Then if they trade iggy they could possibly do worse and get more talented picks. Knicks are gonna be stuck with their team for a while

R. Johnson#3
07-18-2012, 06:13 AM
Boston replaced Ray Allen with Jason Terry and what will probably be the biggest steal of the draft in Sullinger.

LongIslandIcedZ
07-18-2012, 06:20 AM
I dont think anything is 'clear' in the East, aside from the Heat being number 1. I think if every team plays to their potential than the Knicks are definitely the second best. Big if though.

seikou8
07-18-2012, 06:38 AM
please guys don't take him serious and start bashing the knicks we all know the true

Vee-Rex
07-18-2012, 06:41 AM
Just by reading the thread title I already knew it was created by a New York Knicks PSD noob.

No, the Knicks are not the second best team in the east. Talent wise, yes. Team wise? No. Even after a year and a half (despite injuries) they still have not shown they can work well as a team. The Celtics are number 2 with an injured Rose, until proven otherwise. They provided the biggest challenge to the Heat with a virtually non-existent Ray Allen, so how far of a step down do people believe they are with the addition of Terry, Green, Wilcox, and the rookies?

Until the regular season can potentially show otherwise (and I say potentially because playoffs is where it's at), the East looks like this:

1. Heat
2. Celtics
3. Sixers/Pacers
4. Pacers/Sixers
5. Knicks/Bulls/Nets
6. Bulls/Knicks/Nets

If Rose is healthy and returns to form:

1. Heat
2. Bulls
3. Celtics
4. And so on

/end homerism thread

DitchDat
07-18-2012, 06:49 AM
we don't know that for a fact unless we see a healthy knick team with an actual gaurd. felton/shump(when he comes back) starting next year should improve their odd against Miami somewhat..

and boston is legit, not taking anything away from them and they always prove me wrong but they they had to play a unhealthy Miami team without bosh compared to what the knicks had to do. it's closer than most people think

Knicks without Shumpert

Celtics without Green, O'Neal, Wilcox, Bradley

Oh yeah that's the same.

seikou8
07-18-2012, 06:50 AM
Just by reading the thread title I already knew it was created by a New York Knicks PSD noob.

No, the Knicks are not the second best team in the east. Talent wise, yes. Team wise? No. Even after a year and a half (despite injuries) they still have not shown they can work well as a team. The Celtics are number 2 with an injured Rose, until proven otherwise. They provided the biggest challenge to the Heat with a virtually non-existent Ray Allen, so how far of a step down do people believe they are with the addition of Terry, Green, Wilcox, and the rookies?

Until the regular season can potentially show otherwise (and I say potentially because playoffs is where it's at), the East looks like this:

1. Heat
2. Celtics
3. Sixers/Pacers
4. Pacers/Sixers
5. Knicks/Bulls/Nets
6. Bulls/Knicks/Nets

1. Heat
2. Bulls
3. Celtics
4. And so on

/end homerism thread

sixers are the 3 seed:facepalm: the Celtics don't care the regular season watch they care about the postseason they are the 2ND best team but i think they wont be the 2 seed i see the knicks as 5 seed

Lisound15
07-18-2012, 06:57 AM
lmfaoooooooo at all these ignorant people.
People seem to forget after all the d'antoni nonsense was over that the Knicks were 18-6 under mike woodson to finish the season. Or even that philly faded as the year went on due to a lack of offense. But hey, when the knicks finish in the top 3 in the east we'll see whose flapping their dumb mouths.

Vee-Rex
07-18-2012, 07:02 AM
sixers are the 3 seed:facepalm: the Celtics don't care the regular season watch they care about the postseason they are the 2ND best team but i think they wont be the 2 seed i see the knicks as 5 seed

The Sixers are a lot better than people give them credit for. However, the SLASH (since you obviously can't comprehend that) means that I interchange them with the Pacers. The Pacers could very well be the third best and the Sixers the fourth. My post wasn't seeding, it was simply showing the best teams IMO. Didn't think I'd have to explain that...

No way the Rose-less Bulls or the Knicks (even if fully healthy) are better than the Sixers.

People are going off the Knicks potential because they are indeed the 2nd most star talented team in the East. But Amare and Melo keep showing over and over and over and over that they do not work well together. A team with a strong defense like the Sixers and the Celtics would most certainly beat the Knicks in a 7 game series, not to mention the fact that Amare is injury prone and you just gotta chalk that up as being a part of the Knicks. Losing Lin is enormous.

And the Pacers > Knicks, sorry.

WickedBadMan
07-18-2012, 07:05 AM
I would be more apt to say they are clearly not the two seed.

Only teams with a shot at Miami are Boston and maybe the Nets pending how it comes together.

NYK4L
07-18-2012, 07:07 AM
2nd or 3rd seed yes.

Whomewhome
07-18-2012, 07:13 AM
And people say Nets fans are delusional...

Vee-Rex
lmfaoooooooo at all these ignorant people.
People seem to forget after all the d'antoni nonsense was over that the Knicks were 18-6 under mike woodson to finish the season. Or even that philly faded as the year went on due to a lack of offense. But hey, when the knicks finish in the top 3 in the east we'll see whose flapping their dumb mouths.

With how injury prone they are I wouldn't guarantee it.

Let's not forget that top 3 seed doesn't mean 2nd best. The Celtics most likely won't finish 2nd seed, but that doesn't mean they won't be the second best team in the East come playoffs. Logic over homerism is good for the average NBA fan.

seikou8
The Sixers are a lot better than people give them credit for. However, the SLASH (since you obviously can't comprehend that) means that I interchange them with the Pacers. The Pacers could very well be the third best and the Sixers the fourth. My post wasn't seeding, it was simply showing the best teams IMO. Didn't think I'd have to explain that...

No way the Rose-less Bulls or the Knicks (even if fully healthy) are better than the Sixers.

People are going off the Knicks potential because they are indeed the 2nd most star talented team in the East. But Amare and Melo keep showing over and over and over and over that they do not work well together. A team with a strong defense like the Sixers and the Celtics would most certainly beat the Knicks in a 7 game series, not to mention the fact that Amare is injury prone and you just gotta chalk that up as being a part of the Knicks. Losing Lin is enormous.

melo and amare haven't even had full training camp full train camp together.sixers was a the 8 seed they dont finish games and they dont have a star we win very position besides pg comparing the starting lineups. losing los Williams was enormous too he was there best scorer. we have won the season series last season. knicks play defense too 5 in the league
andadd very good defensive players in camby and kidd.yes pacer>knicks but we matchup well when we face them.

Whomewhome
07-18-2012, 07:16 AM
melo and amare haven't even had full training camp full train camp together.sixers was a the 8 seed they dont finish games and they dont have a star we win very position besides pg comparing the starting lineups. losing los Williams was enormous too he was there best scorer. we have won the season series last season. knicks play defense too 5 in the league
andadd very good defensive players in camby and kidd.yes pacer>knicks but we matchup well when we face them.

And add very good old men who still drink like they were 20....that's what I read I swear

seikou8
07-18-2012, 07:18 AM
And add very good old men who still drink like they were 20....that's what I read I swear

hahaha that was funny but camby is not that stupid but we are knicks so anything is could happen.:facepalm:

Vee-Rex
07-18-2012, 07:20 AM

Fair point. I think in a 7 game series with Doug Collins the Sixers take the Knicks, but you are right if the Knicks are fully healthy their star power gives them a good shot. I still think the Melo/Mare experiment was a failure as and the Knicks aren't as good of a *team* as people think.

Revised List for the best teams in the East IMO:

1. Heat
2. Celtics
3. Pacers
4. Sixers OR Knicks
5. Sixers OR Knicks
6. Rose-less Bulls/Nets

Knicks21
07-18-2012, 07:21 AM
Knicks without Shumpert

Celtics without Green, O'Neal, Wilcox, Bradley

Oh yeah that's the same.

I went to great lengths to go to my emails, find the email from psd saying what my password was so I could log onto this computer in the library and tell you how much I disagree with this post.

Chandler Flu, Amare hand, Jeffries knee, Shumpert Knee, Davis Knee, Douglas flu, Lin Knee.

Celtics were without Green for the whole year, majority of the year for Wilcox. O'Neal wasnt going to make a difference, Bradley was the only one that meant something to that team for the playoffs.

thenaj17
07-18-2012, 07:29 AM

-Hawks (lost Johnson)

-Pacers

Nets had Lopez out most of the season and Wallace was only there for short time, in which the Nets were improved a lot.

Bring back Lopez and Joe Johnson and they have 4 legit scoring options. Not sure how good the D will be but we'll have to wait and see. They could get Dwight in January/February. (Although i would love it if Magic set a precedent and just let him go to free agency instead of giving in to his ridiculous 1 team trade demands)

Knicks will have to wait and see how Kidd settles in with Felton and the ongoing chemistry with Anthony/Stoudamire.

Celtics lost Allen but gained JET so don't write them off either.

StarvingKnick22
07-18-2012, 07:30 AM
your right we can actually play defense....My fault...The sixers actually had a good off season...They are still a pretender and a 5-8 seed but again how exactly are the knicks that much better because I do not see it?

its because you're a homer... Knicks were the higher seed and a better record mostly. In the playoffs, we played MIAMI. That was the playoff's hardest match. You faced a weak Chicago and won. And the knicks won the season series, so we are clearly better.

NYKjayBalla
07-18-2012, 07:40 AM
I agree the Knicks are definitely top 3 next year. Pacers are a good team and so are the sixers BUT a major reason for their run was depth at almost all positions and good defense throughout the season. Much of the season the knicks were mediocre defensively, poor offensively, and had a shallow and incapable bench (and starter). So lets really look at the team by way of improvement NOT biased opinion.

Knicks Changes
Starting SG Fields (most of the season) vs Shumpert (most of the season, from Jan) now I doubt there is ANYBODY on PSD who would say that Shump isnt better than Fields so I'll leave that one alone.
Starting PG UNKNOWN vs Feloton. Yes Lin played about 1/3 of the knicks season as a starter and did decently well but on average not much better (if at all) than Felton early on in his knicks career, and after woodson took over not much better than Felton even last year. Also Felton still, with is diminished play, managed to put up similar assist numbers, less turnovers, AND is still a better defender if only for his tenacity on that end of the floor. So the jury is out on which is better for us.
Backup PG Mike Bibby & Toney Douglas vs Jason Kidd & Pablo Prigioni even an aging Kidd and older Prigioni are a considerable improvement over the former again nothing to discuss. Baron barely played until before the playoffs.
Backup C/PF Harrelson/Gadzuric & Jeffries vs Camby and Thomas. Though we got older we became better rebounders and defenders with these additions something our team was severely lacking especially in the second unit.

And we retained the biggest parts of our bench success, Novak AND J.R.

And NO Defense? we finished 3rd last year WITH the DPOY and only got BETTER at defense. We now have facilitators for our scorers. We have backups for our starters and our new coach has a season record with our DEPLETED roster of 18-5 were NOT good?

NYK4L
07-18-2012, 07:41 AM
Why are people putting pacers ahead of the knicks? The first two games we're blowouts and the third they had to comeback from a 17 point deficit to win it.

Injury report for their last meeting:

Jared Jeffries – sore right knee, out
Jeremy Lin – Chronic Small Meniscal Tear in left knee, out
Amare Stoudemire – bulging disk in lower back, out
Bill Walker – sore left elbow, out

seikou8
07-18-2012, 07:45 AM
no arguments gentlemen they give up :confused:

LongIslandIcedZ
07-18-2012, 07:47 AM
I think if the Knicks play to their full talent level, they are unquestionably the second best team in the East. Unfortunately its been a year and a half and we haven't consistently seen that yet. If they can finally play team ball I can see them meeting Miami in the ECF, and hopefully taking the series more than 5 games.

seikou8
07-18-2012, 07:49 AM
I think if the Knicks play to their full talent level, they are unquestionably the second best team in the East. Unfortunately its been a year and a half and we haven't consistently seen that yet. If they can finally play team ball I can see them meeting Miami in the ECF, and hopefully taking the series more than 5 games.

i wish, wavey is here go ahead hate on knicks

Lisound15
07-18-2012, 07:58 AM
With how injury prone they are I wouldn't guarantee it.

Let's not forget that top 3 seed doesn't mean 2nd best. The Celtics most likely won't finish 2nd seed, but that doesn't mean they won't be the second best team in the East come playoffs. Logic over homerism is good for the average NBA fan.

Yeah but whose really injury prone besides marcus camby and stoudemire?
Last year every team struggled with injuries because of the tight schedule and lack or rest and a preseason. Plus most of the guys who were hurt for extended periods last year are gone (davis, lin, jeffries, harrelson) and Shumpert is recovering at a faster pace than expected. FYI its not being a homer, its basing my argument off facts. 18-6 record is a .750 winning percentage. If they come anywhere close to that (which is possible due to an improved roster) they will easily be a top 3 team in the east.

theheatles
07-18-2012, 08:09 AM
knicks were a 7 seed, why is this even a thread?

king4day
07-18-2012, 08:12 AM
And yes, the Celtics lost Ray Allen, but they added Terry+Jeff Green. People forget that we get Green back.

Agreed. I think Boston had one of the best offseasons. If they were able to retain Allen I would have had them ahead of Miami.

TheNumber37
07-18-2012, 08:20 AM
Celtics got better and younger

t_money25
07-18-2012, 08:32 AM
Lol scooby must of smoked someof shaggy's secret stash

Lol....either that or Daphnie put some good weed in his scooby snacks smh

blastmasta26
07-18-2012, 08:40 AM
The Knicks haven't yet had a full training camp with Melo and Amare, and they also haven't had stability with the coaching change. I say Knicks are a 5-6 seed. Heat, Celtics, Pacers are the only teams clearly better while Nets are close in either direction. But there are a lot of changes once again this year, and we will have to see if the team can mesh.

Boston got better though, Green will finally play for them, and they added Sullinger and Melo and I can see at least Sullinger contributing instantly. And Terry is close enough to Allen.

Rndy
07-18-2012, 08:43 AM
Not even the best team in New York anymore.

Rndy
07-18-2012, 08:46 AM
knicks were a 7 seed, why is this even a thread?

Because it's NY and they always overrate their team? Once again Melo will play ISO ball all game and they will barely make the playoffs. Amare will continue to be one of the most Pathetic rebounders in the NBA and well their defense still sucks. But it's because injury's not lack of defensive skill I swear!

YoungOne
07-18-2012, 08:47 AM
yeah we got worse :rolleyes:

edit: well I guess someone created an account just to troll knicks fans.

GH19
07-18-2012, 08:53 AM
Chemistry is the Knicks' biggest problem. If they can mesh together as a team and Amare can revert back to the form he showed in the first half of his first season in NY, then yes I think they could finish that high.

ChitownSports16
07-18-2012, 09:00 AM
IMHO Nets>Knicks this season coming up...

LongIslandIcedZ
07-18-2012, 09:01 AM
I honestly completely forgot Boston got Terry and Green and only lost Allen. Although I dont think its 100%, I could definitely see Boston finishing with a better record than the Knicks. I think NY will finish somewhere from 2-4 with a 1st round victory.

BALLER R
07-18-2012, 09:06 AM
On Paper they should be. On the Court probably not.

BALLER R
07-18-2012, 09:08 AM
I honestly completely forgot Boston got Terry and Green and only lost Allen. Although I dont think its 100%, I could definitely see Boston finishing with a better record than the Knicks. I think NY will finish somewhere from 2-4 with a 1st round victory.

Seeing as I hope Toronto gets the 7 seed. How about a Knicks vs Raptors First round matchup. I think this would be more exciting than people think.

NYCEVO8
07-18-2012, 09:13 AM
I'm a die hard knick fan but realistically i put us in 4-6seed as of right now. I would have to see something crazy happen to have them move up

Weezy
07-18-2012, 09:17 AM
2nd seed? No.....maybe 4th.

RLundi
07-18-2012, 09:23 AM
Not even close. Celtics and Pacers are obviously still better at the very least. After that, Knicks, Bulls and Nets are all 4-6 in some order.

AntiG
07-18-2012, 09:30 AM
:facepalm:

NJDrew2
07-18-2012, 09:31 AM
The Knicks are easily a playoff team but to say they are clearly the second best team is a stretch. Lin, Fields, Baron Davis, and Mike Bibby are all gone. Shumpert is still recovering from a major injury. That means JR Smith is the only guy from their backcourt returning. The two big additions, Felton and Kidd, have both had success in the past, but both have issues as well. Kidd isn't a youngster anymore and Felton isn't thin anymore. Not sure how that makes them better.

NickyNick
07-18-2012, 09:43 AM
5-6 seed tops...out in the first round

joeystats
07-18-2012, 09:46 AM
lol no

Nihenben
07-18-2012, 09:50 AM

Why are NY Knick fans so delusional? It's funny how you almost got swept in the first round (4-1) by the Heat and still think you "competed". Competing in a series means winning basketball games, not drawing ratings.....just like how NY fans wanted Lin back for marketing reasons...since when did fans care more about making money than winning?

PS the Celtics pushed the Heat to the brink of elimination by winning 3 games....thats called competing...

LongIslandIcedZ
07-18-2012, 09:55 AM
Seeing as I hope Toronto gets the 7 seed. How about a Knicks vs Raptors First round matchup. I think this would be more exciting than people think.

That would be fine with me. Much better chances for the Knicks and Raptors than playing the Heat.

javaid64
07-18-2012, 10:00 AM
Why are NY Knick fans so delusional? It's funny how you almost got swept in the first round (4-1) by the Heat and still think you "competed". Competing in a series means winning basketball games, not drawing ratings.....just like how NY fans wanted Lin back for marketing reasons...since when did fans care more about making money than winning?

PS the Celtics pushed the Heat to the brink of elimination by winning 3 games....thats called competing...

im sorry did i say we competed last year no u F**-in idiot. i said if we were healthy we would be able to compete with them just as well as boston did. boston won 3 games with a unhleathy heat roster without thier best bigman in bosh. if bosh was playing the entire series u could debate if would even win 1 game. okc couldn't beat a healthy heat roster, and u somehow think boston can?

KnickNyKnick
07-18-2012, 10:01 AM

^this

and everyone hating in here is in for a rude awakening this season. such a dysfunctional team last year, plus a lockout season plus Amare's off season due to his bro's death/rigorous schedule. still managed 36 wins. 10 less than the champs.

youre a moron if you think a team like the sixers are going to top this team. and indiana? the same team we steam rolled back to back? with our unstable team. LOL!

laughable. i really only see Boson being our equal. with miami on top.
everyone else wont be able to compete with the knicks.

everyone here is just getting insecure about the Knicks being on top again.
UMAD?

ECF Knicks vs Heat or Celtics vs Heat. Book it.

P Styles
07-18-2012, 10:03 AM
I would caution about annointing the Knicks 2nd best as of yet. Everyone said they were top-3 last offseason and look how that turned out.

Knicks need to EARN some respect. Some of our fans feel like its owed for some reason.

Da Knicks
07-18-2012, 10:03 AM
People putting the pacers over the knicks did not see the knicks kill them in the back to back without training camp and a new coach. Knicks will be the second seed and if Lebron is tired after all these olympics you never know what can happen. He is human after all and the deep playoff runs will catch up with him eventually. Ive already heard many heat fans complaining of all the minutes he is getting with team USA. Talent wise knicks are the second best team in the east and with finally getting a training camp, steady point guards and good backups they will be a scary team finally.

Jroz
07-18-2012, 10:08 AM
we are definitely not clearly anything hah...i'm just hoping we are in the top 6 at this point...clearly not the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or even 5th...will have to see if Felton is anything close to what he was two years ago and how losing Lin affects us (if at all) Remember one thing Knicks Fans / Basketball world...We know Felton was playing great before he left (Yes I know in D'antoni's system)...but its not that we got rid of him because he was sucking..we HAD to in order to get Melo...whether that was the right move or not, NY didnt want to lose Felton in that deal. Just something to point out :rolleyes:

aztr0
07-18-2012, 10:18 AM
Not clearly.

StinkEye
07-18-2012, 10:20 AM
if any team has to prove themselves before they're labeled as "good", it's the Knicks. They usually seem to have something that looks good on paper, but just doesn't put it together. They have been trash the last two years.

justinnum1
07-18-2012, 10:22 AM
lmao!

knicks are somewhere between 5-7

miami
boston
chicago
indy
are all clearly better

Nihenben
07-18-2012, 10:22 AM
im sorry did i say we competed last year no u F**-in idiot. i said if we were healthy we would be able to compete with them just as well as boston did. boston won 3 games with a unhleathy heat roster without thier best bigman in bosh. if bosh was playing the entire series u could debate if would even win 1 game. okc couldn't beat a healthy heat roster, and u somehow think boston can?

But you were healthy, unless you were talking about Linsanity....Lin definitely would have been the difference maker...see what i mean delusional.....his only game against the heat: 1 for 11 with 8 turnovers.....mario shut him down hard...

effen5
07-18-2012, 10:23 AM
Knicks are going to struggle again this year except they won't have a third/fourth string pg to break them out of their funk.

Nihenben
07-18-2012, 10:29 AM

Oh yea and i forgot to mention, Boston's biggest weakness after Bradley went down and with Green already being out for the season, were versatile wing defenders and that is Miami's strength...you can argue THAT is the reason why boston lost.....and before u say something else stupid, no i hate the celtics

Ill21
07-18-2012, 10:32 AM
lmao!

knicks are somewhere between 5-7

miami
boston
chicago
indy
are all clearly better

I can understand the first 3, but how do jyou figure Indy is better?

Muttman73
07-18-2012, 10:33 AM
This is kind of funny...

Whomewhome
07-18-2012, 10:37 AM
hahaha that was funny but camby is not that stupid but we are knicks so anything is could happen.:facepalm:
Dude anything can happen on any team not just the Knicks. :D

ajm56
07-18-2012, 10:38 AM
heat (the beasts of the east)
celtics (good mix of young and old)
knicks (if this team stays healty and gels WATCH OUT)
bulls ( this team can finish 2nd or 8th depending on the health of Rose)
indiana
orlando (if dwights motivated can finish in top 3)
atlanta
nets (better, but 1 piece away from a serious contender)

Pierzynski4Prez
07-18-2012, 10:41 AM
All of Indy's core players are still improving. A majority of the Knicks players already hit their peaks and have nothing to do but decline.

Vee-Rex
07-18-2012, 10:42 AM
If Amare didn't get injured. If Lin didn't get injured. If Melo didn't get injured. If Shumpert didn't get injured. If Amare ate wheaties for breakfast that one morning. If Lin did 10 jumping jacks instead of 8. If Melo wore a white headband instead of orange during that one game. If Chandler went to bed 5 minutes earlier before that one game.

Come on yall are getting ridiculous. Excuses, excuses. If I had a drop of smirnoff ice everytime a Knicks fan said 'if' I'd have alcohol poisoning right now.

If you feel the Knicks are the 2nd best team in the East then it remains to be seen. Until the Knicks show it, you can't possibly expect people to be convinced by your arguments when the Knicks haven't proven anything except that they have selfish talent on their team. I don't even think Amare wants to play with Melo and be his Scottie Pippen.

Keep it real, eliminate the homerism.

GrumpyOldMan
07-18-2012, 10:42 AM
I like the Knicks as a 4-6 seed. They have a lot of talent, but that backcourt is going to be their weakness. Do they even have a 2 guard behind Smith until Shump gets back?

nycsports2
07-18-2012, 10:45 AM
nobodys a lock for anything but there contenders to win it all and thats all you can ask for

Pierzynski4Prez
07-18-2012, 10:46 AM

Because they were the 3 seed last year and are still a very young team that has much room to improve. How do you figure that NY is better? Who on NY is improving at this point? Amare, Chandler, Kidd, Melo, Smith, Camby? Outside of Melo, everyone of those guys games will probably be worse than last year, and only going to drop each following year.

justinnum1
07-18-2012, 10:51 AM

they were the 3 seed last year and gained experience

Gritz
07-18-2012, 10:52 AM
I imagine everyone in this thread with a IQ above 40 said no

Evolution23
07-18-2012, 10:57 AM
Yes 2nd best in the East perhaps but most likely 4th. I can see them sweeping the Heat and the Nets in the playoffs though.

Chrisstyles
07-18-2012, 11:04 AM
Everyone always hates on the knicks. Its ridiculous. I mean I have us finishing between seed 3 and 6 but were still a better team than Indiana who has no go to player and are soft, Philly might night even make the playoffs this year, Chicago is hit or miss as well as the Nets (they did well for themselves) but other than that its
Miami
Boston
Knicks
Nets
Pacers
Chicago can finish anywhere on this list form 2-6
Milwalkee yeah i said it
Philly

and thats pretty much the best teams in the eastnot exactly the seed ranking

justinnum1
07-18-2012, 11:07 AM
Everyone always hates on the knicks. Its ridiculous. I mean I have us finishing between seed 3 and 6 but were still a better team than Indiana who has no go to player and are soft, Philly might night even make the playoffs this year, Chicago is hit or miss as well as the Nets (they did well for themselves) but other than that its
Miami
Boston
Knicks
Nets
Pacers
Milwalkee yeah i said it
Philly

Yes 2nd best in the East perhaps but most likely 4th. I can see them sweeping the Heat and the Nets in the playoffs though.

wonder why

mike_noodles
07-18-2012, 11:08 AM
I don't know how somebody could say the Knicks are in the top 3 in the East. They didn't really do much to improve IMO, unless you count getting a couple of way over the hill stars that are shells of their former selves. Knicks will be in the 4-7 range in the East this year.

KnickNyKnick
07-18-2012, 11:08 AM
If Amare didn't get injured. If Lin didn't get injured. If Melo didn't get injured. If Shumpert didn't get injured. If Amare ate wheaties for breakfast that one morning. If Lin did 10 jumping jacks instead of 8. If Melo wore a white headband instead of orange during that one game. If Chandler went to bed 5 minutes earlier before that one game.

Come on yall are getting ridiculous. Excuses, excuses. If I had a drop of smirnoff ice everytime a Knicks fan said 'if' I'd have alcohol poisoning right now.

If you feel the Knicks are the 2nd best team in the East then it remains to be seen. Until the Knicks show it, you can't possibly expect people to be convinced by your arguments when the Knicks haven't proven anything except that they have selfish talent on their team. I don't even think Amare wants to play with Melo and be his Scottie Pippen.

Keep it real, eliminate the homerism.

IFs are part of every situation. so let me ask you. IF Lebron was injured would the heat have won it? IF wade had the flu would things have gone differently?

we're allowed IF's its part of stating opinion. Knick fans are really the only fans with keen insight on what this team can really do and will. They were the best team once woodson took over. Imagine IF dantoni didnt resign

CubZwin38
07-18-2012, 11:09 AM
Could they finish 2nd in the regular season standings? I could see it happening. Will they make it to the ECF? I doubt it.

justinnum1
07-18-2012, 11:10 AM
IFs are part of every situation. so let me ask you. IF Lebron was injured would the heat have won it? IF wade had the flu would things have gone differently?

we're allowed IF's its part of stating opinion. Knick fans are really the only fans with keen insight on what this team can really do and will. They were the best team once woodson took over. Imagine IF dantoni didnt resign

OK, but it will take a lot of if's for the knicks to be the 2nd best team. a lot.

seikou8
07-18-2012, 11:12 AM
wonder why

but everyone has trolls in their fanbase but knicks fans get pointed out for some reason:rolleyes:

KnickNyKnick
07-18-2012, 11:13 AM
not really. i think it takes 1 if. and its the fact that IF they have a full training camp they will be that much better. Its just funny the team is being judged based on a lockout season plus everything else that went along. **** happens but the season was just too unstable for them.

C_Mund
07-18-2012, 11:13 AM
Miami
Boston
Knicks
Nets
Pacers
Milwalkee yeah i said it
Philly

I think people are just upset by people like the OP who said "are they CLEARLY the second best....?"
No, it's not clear. Whether you believe them to be better or not there's no way that a team that was the 7 seed and has a bunch of new players coming in can be called the "clear" favorite to finish 2. Especially when Joe Johnson is called "overrated and inconsistent" in the same thread. He's "clearly" better than anybody the Knicks added.
I have no problem with a fanbase believing in their team, but when a Knicks fan starts a thread to basically tell everybody else that NY adding Felton, Kidd and Camby is going to push them over the top (while adding JJ won't do anything for Brooklyn), it's pretty obvious that there's an agenda behind the whole thing.

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-18-2012, 11:14 AM
You're a complete idiot if all you think the Nets did was add a SG.

GoPacers33
07-18-2012, 11:16 AM
Lol no

KingPosey
07-18-2012, 11:24 AM
lol they are as far as you can get from EASILY being the clear cut 2nfd best team. They have never played above mediocre at any point, and they didnt make any huge upgrades. In fact, they are worse at the PG position in Felton.

I love Kidd, but he's old, and looks it out on the court now.

nystandup
07-18-2012, 11:25 AM
Too early...nobody knows Sh**

LongIslandIcedZ
There was no point for the OP to add "clearly" in the title.

If it was worded "Could they compete for the second seed," I think their would be a lot less "douchebag" responses.

I think the Knicks could easily finish with the second seed, but I could also see them finishing 4 or 5. It's all about how Melo and Amar'e mesh. The Knicks did finish the year 18-6 before losing to the eventual champions. Their certainly not a bad team by any stretch.

OT Thriller
I mean it's a stretch but I've seen crazier things happen. The Knicks have the window to be a 3-6 seed imo. They definitely have the talent to be a top team but I just don't see them being better than the Pacers or Celtics.

KnIckFaN.2883
07-18-2012, 11:32 AM

Didn't the knicks beat the pacers 2 to one in the regular season last year?

KingPosey
07-18-2012, 11:35 AM
Didn't the knicks beat the pacers 2 to one in the regular season last year?

Yeah because thats the perfect indicator of which team is better.

Why do you guys have to say such homerish stuff CONSTANTLY?

And you guys just say ANYTHING to have the smallest point in an argument, **** that doesnt matter, like you just said, or **** that is flat out false information.

Like the guy that talked about Felton averaging 20 points a game off the bench, and he was rude as **** to everyone in the thread. He got **** on with actual FACTS and completely ignored everything, and then decided he would qualify his completely idiotic statements with Felton's 3pt% in Denver that year, because thats all he had to make a case with.

LongIslandIcedZ
07-18-2012, 11:36 AM

That's fair.

Then what is the argument that Indiana is unquestionably better than the Knicks?

FriedTofuz
07-18-2012, 11:37 AM
i have the nets higher than the knicks. Nets added joe johnson, and retain hump and wallace. they also get back their starting center brook lopez. Theyshold definatly make the playoffs. Boston did get better even though they lost ray allen. And also, getting sullinger with the 21st pick? that was a steal...I cant believe how low he fell

Oldmantrash
07-18-2012, 11:37 AM
Whatever anyone thinks will happen, doesn't matter.

After the Heat, the east will be a crap shoot.

Any one of the teams mentioned can jump to 2, especially if Rose is out.

The Celtics are older, so even I doubt they have a great regular season, but that wil be different int the playoffs.

It should be a fun year in the East.
Well at least the regular season, because unless the Nets get Howard in January, no one will be able to beat the Heat in the playoffs( barring a major injury of course)

seikou8
07-18-2012, 11:39 AM

And you guys just say ANYTHING to have the smallest point in an argument, **** that doesnt matter, like you just said, or **** that is flat out false information.

Like the guy that talked about Felton averaging 20 points a game off the bench, and he was rude as **** to everyone in the thread. He got **** on with actual FACTS and completely ignored everything, and then decided he would qualify his completely idiotic statements with Felton's 3pt% in Denver that year, because thats all he had to make a case with.

thats how we roll :cool: i know

Alayla
07-18-2012, 11:40 AM

-Hawks (lost Johnson)

-Pacers

Lol wht? Jrue Holiday is our PG and we still have him :confused:
you mean LOU??? hes not really a PG hes more of a poor mans Iverson like a undersized 2 and hes a horrible chucker even then we replaced him with Nick young granted hes alittle wrose but hes bigger more suited to be a 2 and will allow Jrue and evan to get the ball more.

mizo21
07-18-2012, 11:43 AM
No .... They may not break the top 5

mavsman81
07-18-2012, 11:44 AM
Not even close..

Miami
Chicago
Boston
Indiana
Brooklyn
Ny
Philly
Who cares
Boston got waay better iMO

KnIckFaN.2883
07-18-2012, 11:45 AM

But im not everyone. You can look back on my previous posts and see that i've criticized the knicks on doing stupid things in the past. I don't deny that we have homers but i don't think i am. if you think i'm a homer then thats your opinion.

mlisica19
07-18-2012, 11:47 AM
I like the Knicks roster moves this year but am I the only one who thinks the Knicks are overrated.

Listening to the media, analysts, Knick Fans, NBA fans especially here on the East Coast I feel like whenever the Knicks win a game or seem to make a solid move they are automatically loved and titled as a champion contenders.

They were 6 games above .500 last year... they were a 7th seeded team. I think we look to much into roster names and not what the changes can do for the team exactly... So have they imrpoved... looks like it but really they just clearly jump to the 2nd seed?

Joker55
07-18-2012, 11:47 AM
They're the second best team in NY :p

IIISSKiLL
07-18-2012, 11:48 AM
LOL Knicks at 2nd seed

Alayla
07-18-2012, 11:48 AM

1. Heat
2. Celtics
3. Sixers/Pacers
4. Pacers/Sixers
5. Knicks/Bulls/Nets
6. Bulls/Knicks/Nets

1. Heat
2. Bulls
3. Celtics
4. And so on

/end homerism thread

Lol wht? sixers 3 in the east... our starting center is kawme Brown dude no chance in hell

mlisica19
07-18-2012, 11:56 AM
The Nets only made a move for an overrated SG? lol

Dude, the entire rosters practically reinvented.
A lot more depth and even if Johnson is Overrated... hes still better than what the team had. And apparently hes overrated by Williams too who said that he resigned because of him.

Lopez stays healthy and now you have a top 10 center, capable of being a top 6-5. The rookies we have are also pretty solid players.

Im excited for the new season... I think the players are too.

KnicksR4Real
07-18-2012, 11:56 AM
Here come the Knick haters...

mlisica19
07-18-2012, 11:58 AM
Carmelo Anthony is an overrated player... What winning player in their right mind throws up 70% of his shots in the first 5 seconds of team possession and even tho he misses many of them continues to do it.

Amare has not been the same player since Carmelo Arrived. The depth on the team has barely improved. YOU WERE A 7th SEED. Lets not rush into a top 3 performance yet.

KnIckFaN.2883
07-18-2012, 11:58 AM
Here come the Knick haters...

I love there there's so many knicks haters out there. their so quick to rip the knicks and their fans.

SINCESTARBURY25
07-18-2012, 11:59 AM
Knicks are better than Miami by a lot. They don't even stand a chance.
Im sure Melo will average at least 50 and 20. Amare is the best big man in the game, and Raymond Felton is on John Stockton's level..

KnIckFaN.2883
07-18-2012, 12:00 PM
Carmelo Anthony is an overrated player... What winning player in their right mind throws up 70% of his shots in the first 5 seconds of team possession and even tho he misses many of them continues to do it.

Amare has not been the same player since Carmelo Arrived. The depth on the team has barely improved. YOU WERE A 7th SEED. Lets not rush into a top 3 performance yet.

Who has said that we are a top 3 team. I think the knicks can be a 4 or 5 seed.

Max.This
07-18-2012, 12:02 PM
We'll be 5-6 seed if we're lucky . Quote me on it . We're the same damn team as last year with a couple old defensive players. Boston will always be better because they have a damn good point guard, rajon rondo.

johnnyswimm
07-18-2012, 12:06 PM
The Knicks as a 2 seed ha! I guess if you sign a overweight joke of a pg and old C who is clearly not worth it you become a top contender team.
1- Heat
2- Pacers/Celtics
3- Pacers/Celtics
4-Bulls
5-Nets
6-knicks
7-hawks
8-Raptors

FUKudomeYOMOMMA
07-18-2012, 12:08 PM
who is running point? http://i.imgur.com/JBbap.jpg

KnIckFaN.2883
07-18-2012, 12:12 PM
We'll be 5-6 seed if we're lucky . Quote me on it . We're the same damn team as last year with a couple old defensive players. Boston will always be better because they have a damn good point guard, rajon rondo.

the problem with that if the KG or pierce go down with a injury for a while then the celtics could have a problem. They need KG and pierce to be the main scorers on that team. so if rondo has score on a consistant night it would be a problem.

KniCks4LiFe
07-18-2012, 12:13 PM
I'm just going to answer the OP. No.

KnIckFaN.2883
07-18-2012, 12:17 PM
The Knicks as a 2 seed ha! I guess if you sign a overweight joke of a pg and old C who is clearly not worth it you become a top contender team.
1- Heat
2- Pacers/Celtics
3- Pacers/Celtics
4-Bulls
5-Nets
6-knicks
7-hawks
8-Raptors

How are you gonna say the pacers are better than the knicks. we play in a league where you need 2 stars to lead your team to a championship. look at the celtics, and the heat what do they have in common. they had 2 or more stars on there team.

shep33
07-18-2012, 12:20 PM
5-8 seed. That offense is a mess

Stinkyoutsider
07-18-2012, 12:22 PM
No, not the 2nd best team. The Celtics have made some good moves and can be a deep team. If Melo and Sullinger have good rookie seasons and Terry play like he knows he can, they'll be the 2nd best team this year.

4 or 5 for NY starting the season. Can't take them over the Pacers either. I want to see what the coaching staff does with Amare and Melo. Bring Amare off the bench and play Melo at the 4? Start both and Chandler together? Maybe, even bring Melo off the bench for scoring?

mjm07
07-18-2012, 12:23 PM
On talent alone the Knicks are a top #3 team. Knick fans will bring up legitimate reasons for their struggles ( injuries ) and ridiculous ones (referees ) but enough is enough with this team. They can compete with the big boys. Can Melo lead this team? Can melo/stat play together? 2 big ifs. If they don't make any significant progress they'll be viewed even more as an overrated team than what they already are.

TheIlladelph16
07-18-2012, 12:32 PM

-Bulls (lost Rose + bench players) They lost some pretty bad bench players, replaced them with better options and still could sign some help. Rose out will hurt them so I can see a step backwards
-Celtics (lost Allen, and got older) They added two young big men, a young SF, and a basically a Ray Allen double. Not sure how they got older really, and they should honestly be better
-Magic (self explanatory) Yeah they are gonna suck
-Hawks (lost Johnson) They only lost an "overrated and inconsistent shooting guard" and Horford will be back healthy this year so I think they stay close to the level they have been at
-76ers (lost Brand and their point guard) Lost an overpaid PF who has no post game to speak of and their BACKUP PG and scoring option off the bench. If they keep Igoudala, they should finish higher than an eighth seed like last year.

-Pacers Young, talented, and dangerous core that will only improve.
-Nets (they improved but barely - the only difference is they added an overrated and inconsistent shooting guard) They certainly got better so idk how they improved "barely"

This analysis was just off on so many levels. No the Knicks will not steamroll through every other team. You can tell me injuries, coaching change, etc. to explain why the Knicks were only a mediocre team last year, but the fact is that they were. They got demolished by an actual contender last season, and are stuck praying that ISOMelo will actually work in the playoffs. They essentially have the same roster coming back next year, so unless there is monumental improvement from anyone not name Chandler or Shumpert on the defensive end they will be a second round playoff exit.

Abel Ye
07-18-2012, 12:37 PM
Yea new members shouldn't even be allowed to post threads on the main forum, Just makes us Knicks fans look bad. I believe the Celtic/Pacers(If they match Hibbert havent read up on it yet) are better than us so I see us as the 4th seed this year.

eternal slumber
07-18-2012, 12:39 PM

-Hawks (lost Johnson)

-Pacers

Boston and Nets will be much better than the Knicks.

KnIckFaN.2883
07-18-2012, 12:40 PM
This analysis was just off on so many levels. No the Knicks will not steamroll through every other team. You can tell me injuries, coaching change, etc. to explain why the Knicks were only a mediocre team last year, but the fact is that they were. They got demolished by an actual contender last season, and are stuck praying that ISOMelo will actually work in the playoffs. They essentially have the same roster coming back next year, so unless there is monumental improvement from anyone not name Chandler or Shumpert on the defensive end they will be a second round playoff exit.

I dont think the knicks will just steamroll every team they play but besides Miami, boston, and chicago i think we can beat every other team in the east.

eternal slumber
07-18-2012, 12:40 PM
also the Pacers will be better than the Knicks this season.

PleaseBeNice
07-18-2012, 12:41 PM
6 seed

KnIckFaN.2883
07-18-2012, 12:43 PM
also the Pacers will be better than the Knicks this season.

I think knicks are better than the pacers.

Da Knicks
07-18-2012, 12:44 PM
OK, but it will take a lot of if's for the knicks to be the 2nd best team. a lot.

If i could have one of my biggest ifs granted i would like a faceoff with Justinum and domefavors!!! That would be a great battle first one to 50,000 post would win!!!

IIISSKiLL
07-18-2012, 12:46 PM
How are you gonna say the pacers are better than the knicks. we play in a league where you need 2 stars to lead your team to a championship. look at the celtics, and the heat what do they have in common. they had 2 or more stars on there team.

what two stars do the knicks have ?

LA_Raiders
07-18-2012, 12:48 PM
No

Cheat
Indy
Nets
NY
Boston
76ers
Bulls
Hawks

I Rock Shaqs
Omg Knick Fans are SOOOO DUMB! Why do I even bother...

IIISSKiLL
Every year Knick fans do this.. Just wait and see what happens instead of running your mouth and being disappointed yet again this up coming season

Kutchie03
07-18-2012, 12:54 PM

-Celtics (lost Allen, and got older)-Magic (self explanatory)
-Hawks (lost Johnson)

-Pacers

A. the celtics didn't get older, they lost Allen and signed Terry (who is younger), and brought in two 20 year old post players in the draft. They also brought Jeff Green back.. the Celtics will have a better record than the Knicks.
B. the Nets are WAY better than last year. We are talking about a 20 win team adding two all stars to their roster (Joe Johnson and the return of Brook Lopez). The resigned Wallace and Humphries and brought in Reggie Evans who is one of the best rebounders in the league. Additionally, they added CJ Watson who is a very good scorer off the bench. The Nets will have a better record than the Knicks as well.

The Knicks pieces don't fit, they got older, not better. They added players who are simply names now (Kidd and Camby). Kidd had the 47th best PER among all NBA PGs last year. Camby brings nothing to the table aside from average defense, he's been getting progressionally worse over the past few years.

sep11ie
07-18-2012, 12:55 PM
troll much?

eternal slumber
07-18-2012, 12:56 PM
I think knicks are better than the pacers.

if they still have Lin, then yes, but without him, not so sure about this.

FUKudomeYOMOMMA
07-18-2012, 12:56 PM
http://twitpic.com/a8vom9 going hard in the paint. except paint means refrigerator

KnIckFaN.2883
07-18-2012, 12:57 PM
what two stars do the knicks have ?

What stars do the pacers have?

hidalgo
07-18-2012, 01:00 PM
Heat
Celtics
bulls
pacers
knicks

eternal slumber
07-18-2012, 01:00 PM
Heat
Celtics
bulls
pacers
knicks

Bulls being too high here.

ryang
07-18-2012, 01:02 PM
clearly?? NO but very poss.. and the knicks are better then the nets people.. Pacers?? in the playoffs id say knicks win.. Boston can beat them but k.g. will have a hard time going up against chandler... Hard to tell with the knicks but they should be able to win a 7 game series against any team in the east not named MIAMI..

Sadds The Gr8
07-18-2012, 01:02 PM
**** no

Sinestro
07-18-2012, 01:06 PM
Nah I have the Pacers and Celtics ahead of them maybe Nets too

ryang
07-18-2012, 01:09 PM
The nets?? I hate the knicks but the nets?? **** no

TrueFan420
07-18-2012, 01:13 PM
So hawks are worse off for losing Johnson and the nets are barely better because they added a very overrated Johnson? Johnson might be overpaided but he is not overrated. He can score, pass and play d. He can also play 3 spots he is still very good just overpaid.

Tmath
07-18-2012, 01:17 PM
http://i50.tinypic.com/6698nd.jpg

justinnum1
07-18-2012, 01:18 PM

:laugh2:

Sadds The Gr8
07-18-2012, 01:19 PM

loool

LongIslandIcedZ
07-18-2012, 01:20 PM
I gotta say if there was ever a perfect definition of a player having a chip on his shoulder, it's definitely Felton.

justinnum1
07-18-2012, 01:21 PM
I gotta say if there was ever a perfect definition of a player having a chip on his shoulder, it's definitely Felton.

Maybe a potato chip.

LT.CARDWISIE
07-18-2012, 01:22 PM

-Hawks (lost Johnson)

-Pacers

We didn't lose Jrue..

Yankeefan213
07-18-2012, 01:24 PM
We didn't lose Jrue..

Pretty sure he meant Williams...

Big Zo
07-18-2012, 01:24 PM

What stars do the Knicks have? Lol

aussie
07-18-2012, 01:26 PM
sigh, another Knicks thread, surely the 4-1 playoff lost should be stopping these people thinking their team is good

cjbulls3
07-18-2012, 01:26 PM
Good in the regular season but won't do much in playoffs think pacers are 2 seed next year

justinnum1
07-18-2012, 01:27 PM
sigh, another Knicks thread, surely the 4-1 playoff lost should be stopping these people thinking their team is good

But
-injuries
-chemistry
-no training camp
-miami was the best team

Philadeagles24
07-18-2012, 01:28 PM
How Are They The 2nd best team? Boston Will Be Better...The Nets Will Be Better...Joe Johnson is nowhere near overrated..they needed a wing scorer..they got 1..and the bulls will be better..ecspecially when rose gets back rested and healthy.

mavsman81
07-18-2012, 01:34 PM

Way to dodge a question

Beltrans Mole
07-18-2012, 01:37 PM
How Are They The 2nd best team? Boston Will Be Better...The Nets Will Be Better...Joe Johnson is nowhere near overrated..they needed a wing scorer..they got 1..and the bulls will be better..ecspecially when rose gets back rested and healthy.

I'd LOVE to hear your explanation as to why the Nets are better than the Knicks. And quite frankly, I'd love to hear an argument for the Celtics, too. Sure the Celtics have Rondo and they still have Pierce and KG...but this team's core isn't getting any younger. Jeff Green is coming off crazy surgery like who even knows if this guy will be back to normal? And the Bulls are still a good team without Rose, but are they really any better than the Knicks? They lost Watkins and Korver and I think the Knicks have improved more than any of these teams. While the Knicks may not be the #2 seed, they certainly have an argument for being that high.

RCarlson85
07-18-2012, 01:37 PM
I wouldn't say clearly. They should be in the top 5 of the East, but they always seem to find a way to underachieve. Now they've only gotten older/less athletic with the additions of Camby, Kidd, and Felton. If I had to guess right now, I would say the Heat, Celtics, Bulls, and Pacers all finish with better records than the Knicks. I'm not convinced that Melo and Amare can actually co-exist and if they don't the Knicks won't be in the top 5 for sure.

Heat20
07-18-2012, 01:40 PM
They will be behind Heat, Celtics, Pacers, Bulls, 76ers in that order

timz-a-changin
07-18-2012, 01:41 PM
Can't be the #2 seed if they are the 2nd best team in the state. Maybe 6-8 range.

Hawkeye15
07-18-2012, 01:42 PM
Boston, Indiana, and Chicago will all be better. New Jersey and Philly might be. Depending on the Dwight situation, Orlando may be as well, if they get Bynum and some players back via 3-way or something to that degree.

I really don't see how the Knicks are much better then last year. They got older and more expensive, and brought in a couple names that meant something years ago, but how did they get better?

KnIckFaN.2883
07-18-2012, 01:44 PM
I'd LOVE to hear your explanation as to why the Nets are better than the Knicks. And quite frankly, I'd love to hear an argument for the Celtics, too. Sure the Celtics have Rondo and they still have Pierce and KG...but this team's core isn't getting any younger. Jeff Green is coming off crazy surgery like who even knows if this guy will be back to normal? And the Bulls are still a good team without Rose, but are they really any better than the Knicks? They lost Watkins and Korver and I think the Knicks have improved more than any of these teams. While the Knicks may not be the #2 seed, they certainly have an argument for being that high.

:hi5:

Punk
07-18-2012, 01:51 PM
Jesus Christ, these threads are annoying now. We're 3rd not 2nd.

Rondo/?
Bradley/Terry/Moore
Pierce/Green/Joseph
Bass/Sullinger
Garnett/Melo/Wilcox

Felton/Kidd/Prigoni
JR/Shumpert
Melo/Novak/White
Amare/Thomas
Chandler/Camby

Knicks simply need a SF and SG. Boston has the edge obviously due to experience and whatnot.

Big Zo
07-18-2012, 01:52 PM
Way to dodge a question

It wasn't directed at me...

John Walls Era
07-18-2012, 01:53 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if they came in last or 2nd last in their division.

Big Zo
07-18-2012, 01:57 PM
The Celtics are still better. They lost Ray Allen, but got Jason Terry, who's better than Allen at this stage in his career. At worst the Celtics are just as good as last season, and those guys cancel each other out. They also play defense, unlike the Knicks.

Punk
07-18-2012, 01:59 PM
Boston, Indiana, and Chicago will all be better. New Jersey and Philly might be. Depending on the Dwight situation, Orlando may be as well, if they get Bynum and some players back via 3-way or something to that degree.

I really don't see how the Knicks are much better then last year. They got older and more expensive, and brought in a couple names that meant something years ago, but how did they get better?

This is what I have a problem with.

Boston got better...How the hell did Indiana get better? How the hell did Chicago get better (They are taking steps backwards) Philly? REALLY?

Knicks went 18-6 under Woodson. Beat every other team in the East not named Chicago/Miami on a regular basis.

They were in need of a true PG. They have three. They were in need of a backup center and PF. They have that. They were in need of a 6th man. They have that. They have depth, defensive players, offensive players.

How did not they better but Indiana got better by losing D Collison and Jones?

The Celtics are still better. They lost Ray Allen, but got Jason Terry, who's better than Allen at this stage in his career. At worst the Celtics are just as good as last season, and those guys cancel each other out. They also play defense, unlike the Knicks.
Lol...The Knicks were 5th in defense. Go back in the hole, troll.

97NYer
07-18-2012, 02:23 PM
Celtics got younger and better with Sullinger, Melo, Jeff Green, Terry replacing Ray and JO. Nets got significantly better with Joe Johnson, Teletovic, Watson, Evans and Taylor. Hawks got much worse but still may be an 8 seed and Orlando will likely be a lottery team. Lou Williams was not the Sixers PG, that's Holiday, and losing he and Brand isn't too much of a hit especially since they've acquired a few nice role players and drafted Harkless. The Pacers did pretty much stay the same, losing Collison and Jones but acquiring Mahinmi, Augustin and Gerald Green. The Bulls without Rose without Rose is a lower seeded playoff team and teams like Milwaukee, Washington, and Cleveland, especially if they acquire Bynum, could be surprise playoff teams. The Bobcats will still be the Bobcats and I don't see Toronto making the playoffs in any scenario. Same goes for the Pistons. If I had to predict playoff seeding.

1.Heat
2.Celtics
3.Pacers
4.Knicks
5.Nets
6.Bulls
7.Sixers
8.Wizards/Cavs/Bucks

justinnum1
07-18-2012, 02:27 PM

Boston got better...How the hell did Indiana get better? How the hell did Chicago get better (They are taking steps backwards) Philly? REALLY?

Knicks went 18-6 under Woodson. Beat every other team in the East not named Chicago/Miami on a regular basis.

They were in need of a true PG. They have three. They were in need of a backup center and PF. They have that. They were in need of a 6th man. They have that. They have depth, defensive players, offensive players.

Indiana got better, becuase they got more experience, they were the 3 seed before too.

ddhulett
07-18-2012, 02:46 PM
If I had to put my money on the second best team I would say New York Knicks.

Celtics- just getting older but always good
Pacers- Good but need more offensive fire power
Bulls- Rose
Nets- Don't see the defense being able to hold down others and the East top teams are built on defense.
76's- Not true threat on offense but a solid team much like Pacers.
Wizards- could be a surprise team

Knicks- Core team comes back with upgrade defense and coach a full offseason and season. Camby great back up and Kidd's IQ

kmo429
07-18-2012, 02:55 PM
Not clearly but they could definitely get the #2 seed. They have a ton of talent with Melo, Stat, Chandler, Smith, Shump, Novak, Felton, Kidd, Camby, etc.

Kashmir13579
07-18-2012, 03:00 PM
The Knicks are a bad joke.

CTCUBBIES
07-18-2012, 03:00 PM
Jesus Christ, these threads are annoying now. We're 3rd not 2nd.

Rondo/?
Bradley/Terry/Moore
Pierce/Green/Joseph
Bass/Sullinger
Garnett/Melo/Wilcox

Felton/Kidd/Prigoni
JR/Shumpert
Melo/Novak/White
Amare/Thomas
Chandler/Camby

Knicks simply need a SF and SG. Boston has the edge obviously due to experience and whatnot.

When listing rosters why do Knick fans constantly include Shumpert but then say they will be better than Chicago because the Bulls don't have Rose?

Apologies to the guy I quoted if you never mentioned the comparison with the Bulls - I have just seen this happen all over the place.

njnets825
07-18-2012, 03:09 PM
What did the Knicks do in the offseason to go from 7th to 2nd? Their best 2 players have never played well together. Tyson and amare don't work well offensively. The 1st part of the season they'll have 1 willing defender in the starting lineup. Jr smith in the starting lineup is just scary. They have just as many what ifs as any other team in the east to move up that much.

NYKalltheway
07-18-2012, 03:10 PM
just on paper but not clearly, just in some people's opinions

nycsports2
07-18-2012, 03:13 PM
Celtics got younger and better with Sullinger, Melo, Jeff Green, Terry replacing Ray and JO. Nets got significantly better with Joe Johnson, Teletovic, Watson, Evans and Taylor. Hawks got much worse but still may be an 8 seed and Orlando will likely be a lottery team. Lou Williams was not the Sixers PG, that's Holiday, and losing he and Brand isn't too much of a hit especially since they've acquired a few nice role players and drafted Harkless. The Pacers did pretty much stay the same, losing Collison and Jones but acquiring Mahinmi, Augustin and Gerald Green. The Bulls without Rose without Rose is a lower seeded playoff team and teams like Milwaukee, Washington, and Cleveland, especially if they acquire Bynum, could be surprise playoff teams. The Bobcats will still be the Bobcats and I don't see Toronto making the playoffs in any scenario. Same goes for the Pistons. If I had to predict playoff seeding.

1.Heat
2.Celtics
3.Pacers
4.Knicks
5.Nets
6.Bulls
7.Sixers
8.Wizards/Cavs/Bucks

agreed (i have bucks at 8, that backcourt is to ill)

nycsports2
07-18-2012, 03:14 PM
What did the Knicks do in the offseason to go from 7th to 2nd? Their best 2 players have never played well together. Tyson and amare don't work well offensively. The 1st part of the season they'll have 1 willing defender in the starting lineup. Jr smith in the starting lineup is just scary. They have just as many what ifs as any other team in the east to move up that much.

well since woodson took over and we had all of our team together we had best record in league... sooooo ya

Vincent
07-18-2012, 03:16 PM
The Eastern Conference is a crap shoot. All the teams are going into the season with big question marks.

I would say Boston has a good chance to be the 2nd seed, if they didn't tank so many games at the end of year.

NJ hasn't played a game together yet, but I actually think that is a solid roster if Lopez is healthy.

Bulls have a great coach and great defensive system in place. But without Rose, they'll have a MAJOR problem finishing out games. Deng missing games in the beginning will have an impact on their record.

Pacers are probably the best bet to be the 2nd seed, their roster is pretty much intact from last year, and they have enough young guys to get better as the year passes.

Knicks have a lot of problems with their roster. Felton was AWFUL last year. Kidd wasn't that far off from Felton. Camby is always an injury waiting to happen. Melo is more of a playoff/big game performer, I question his regular season commitment. Amar'e is a big question mark, because he has troubles with various injuries and has yet to truly play well alongside of Melo. JR Smith is awful. Chandler is awesome, but I don't know if he can carry them on defense, and shoot 60% like last year. Shumpert will take time to get back to speed with his ACL injury, also needs to play within himself and shoot better shots.

chicago lulz
07-18-2012, 03:17 PM
I feel like there is always a "Are the Knicks clearly the *insert number* best team in the East" before every season, and the Knicks always end up lower than that stated number. Last year I feel like it was 4th best, now 2nd best, next year 1st best, than onto 4th best in the LEAGUE, etc.

shen
07-18-2012, 03:19 PM
When did Knicks become a top 4 team? There is no chance they are top 2, especially not "clearly"

njnets825
07-18-2012, 03:21 PM
well since woodson took over and we had all of our team together we had best record in league... sooooo ya

So why didn't they put up a fight in the playoffs? Woodson was still the coach. They got beat by 33 points. Is there that big of a gap from 1st and 2nd best. The pacers and celtics were clearly more competitive

TylerSL
07-18-2012, 03:29 PM
Knicks are 4th or 5th best in East depending on Rose's state, and thats it

When Rose is healthy

1.Miami
2.Boston
3.Chicago
4.Indiana
5.New York
6.Brooklyn
7.Philadelphia
8.Atanta

when Rose is hurt

1.Miami
2.Boston
3.Indiana
4.New York
5.Brooklyn
6.Philadelphia
7.Chicago
8.Atlanta

This upcoming season will be the Knicks best season in 13 years, and they will actually be a threat to make it out of the 1st round. Which would be great for them.

TylerSL
07-18-2012, 03:31 PM
When did Knicks become a top 4 team? There is no chance they are top 2, especially not "clearly"

they will be right around 4 IMO.

1.Miami
2.Boston
3.Chicago (if Rose is healthy)
4.Indiana
5.New York

If Rose isnt healthy, that shoots the Bulls pretty far down IMO, making New York the #4 team in the East IMO.

shen
07-18-2012, 03:32 PM
If Rose is not healthy it shoots Bulls right out of the playoffs.

shen
07-18-2012, 03:32 PM
I think Bulls are hoping for a Spurs (David Robinson/Tim Duncan) instance this year.

LRizzle
07-18-2012, 03:40 PM
I'm just laughing at all the C's fans saying signing Jason Terry is better than having Ray Allen. On that note the C's in my book are clearly the 2nd best team in the East. If Sullinger and Fab Melo don't produce and Jeff Green is a bit rusty and regresses, I can see them being more like a 3-4 seed competing with Pacers, Bulls, Nets, Knicks.

To answer the original question, there's no way the Knicks are 'clearly' the 2nd best team. But I'm looking forward to seeing them get out of the 1st round. And who knows, if Brooklyn somehow gets Howard before the trade deadline they could be the new 2nd best team. Still too much up for debate and seeing how players play together. Putting players on paper and then seeing them actually play together and produce are two totally different things and the Knick fans of all people should know that. But apparently they don't.

SportsNY
07-18-2012, 03:47 PM
The Knicks are NOT better than the Heat or Celtics, the Bulls are up for debate. I thought last season the Knicks were better than the 76ers, Magic, and Hawks, and the Knicks have had the best off-season out of them. So right now, I say the Knicks have the POTENTIAL to be in the top 4.

Rockice_8
07-18-2012, 03:47 PM
Knicks fans need to let go of the end of last year 60% of the teams you played were probably tanking so just stop with the best record in the league talk.

Now I'm not bashing the Knicks cause they have a very solid team and after Miami the East is wide open. I think after them you will see NY, BK, BOS, IND as the next 4 (who knows what order though).

Clearly 2nd, No, but could they be I guess (but unlikely).

NYSPORTSALLDAY
07-18-2012, 03:49 PM
This thread:facepalm: Is it possible for many Knicks fans to just stay under the radar? I'm a die hard fan but come on enough is enough. People wonder why the majority of NBA fans hate the Knicks.

Fnom11
07-18-2012, 03:53 PM
Top 3-6 seed.

Nycbball08
07-18-2012, 04:00 PM
[QUOTE=IIISSKiLL;22996909]Every year Knick fans do this.. Just wait and see what happens instead of running your mouth and being disappointed yet again this up coming season[/

I think the reason us Knicks fans get a bad rap is because you have these 10, 11, and 12yr olds on psd doing dumb chit like that...

dtmagnet
07-18-2012, 04:05 PM
No chance, Celtics and Pacers are better.

Gagan136
07-18-2012, 04:06 PM
Ill take the Pacers and Celtics over them for sure, oh and obviously the Heat.

richardj
07-18-2012, 04:19 PM
Definitely not clearly. I feel that they just don't have the chemistry yet between their top 2 players. Until I see them play more cohesive, I see them as a 5-6 seed.

Slimsim
07-18-2012, 04:19 PM
hmm i have my team at the 6th seed to be honest

utl768
07-18-2012, 04:23 PM
celtics
nets
bulls (with or without rose)
76ers
pacers

are all better or at the same level

rockbottom2010
07-18-2012, 04:25 PM
hmm i have my team at the 6th seed to be honest

this is how i see it

1. Heat
2. Celtics
3. Pacers
4. Nets
5. Sixers
6. Bulls
7. Knicks
8. Hawks

Sleepers : Bucks, Raptors, Maybe Wizards

Hawkeye15
07-18-2012, 05:24 PM

They don't need to get better, because I don't think the Knicks did.

29$JerZ
07-18-2012, 05:31 PM
Knicks are a 6th seed and Id even say a 7th seed.
Woodson being the coach, losing Lin and having Shump gone most of the season will be tough to beat.

NYMetros
07-18-2012, 05:35 PM
Heat
Celtics
Bulls
Pacers
Nets
Probably Atlanta, Philly, maybe Orlando if they keep Dwight are all better still. So basically the 8th or 9th seed again lol.

THE MTL
07-18-2012, 05:37 PM
I think the Knicks could be the 2nd best team in the East, but it is not clear.

I will caution all of you guys ranking the Celtics so high though. Teams like Celtics and Spurs really dont care about seeding...just about getting into the playoffs. I can see them resting guys in the midst of a playoff seed race.

justinnum1
07-18-2012, 05:41 PM
Knicks are a 6th seed and Id even say a 7th seed.
Woodson being the coach, losing Lin and having Shump gone most of the season will be tough to beat.

Agreed.

29$JerZ
07-18-2012, 05:44 PM
And I just don't understand this notion the Nets will be a division leader

Boston still owns the Division
NY despite our everlasting problems has secured the 2nd spot 2 years running
Philly won't go away
Toronto improved as well.
They aren't even the 3rd best team in their division.

Becks2307
07-18-2012, 05:47 PM
Knicks fans need to let go of the end of last year 60% of the teams you played were probably tanking so just stop with the best record in the league talk.

Now I'm not bashing the Knicks cause they have a very solid team and after Miami the East is wide open. I think after them you will see NY, BK, BOS, IND as the next 4 (who knows what order though).

you've got to be kidding me? who was tanking? I pretty sure we had the hardest schedule in the nba down the stretch.

skylineblitzr35
07-18-2012, 06:50 PM
No Way UNTILL yOu play defense the Knicks wont... Its funny Knicks haven't won since 1973 YOU GUYS haven't even won a Division titles since 1994. Knicks made it the the finals in 98-99 BUT lost. and that was your best chance in 14 years by the way the knicks want 27-23 just 4 games over 500. an was 4th in the Division. then the last time the knicks have ever been some what good was the next year 50-32 an what did the knicks do. Lost in the Conference Finals to Indiana Pacers, 4–2. so now we look at the pass 12 years from 00-01 to 11-12 the Knicks made the playoffs 4 times record 3-15 NEVER getting out the first round and NOT makes the playoffs 8 times. If u want to say wait its diffent because we have melo an Stoudemire its not they both haven't done much for the knicks going 1-8 in the playoff an if u think about they haven't done better with there old teams. so lets STOP saying the KNICKS are going to be better THIS years BECUASE..... in fact there just not going to do nothing again

NYSpirit1
07-18-2012, 06:53 PM
this is how i see it

1. Heat
2. Celtics
3. Pacers
4. Nets
5. Sixers
6. Bulls
7. Knicks
8. Hawks

Sleepers : Bucks, Raptors, Maybe Wizards

LOL.

The hate on the Knicks have reached an all-time high. Apparently a team led by Melo, Amare and Chandler, going 10 deep, is worse than the Sixers, Bucks and Raptors.

The only team you can argue on there is the Celtics. Indiana is a decent team, they aren't going anywhere with the lack of stars and closers, circle the loss in playoffs to the Heat without Bosh.

Are we the new Miami Heat?

justinnum1
07-18-2012, 06:56 PM
LOL.

The hate on the Knicks have reached an all-time high. Apparently a team led by Melo, Amare and Chandler, going 10 deep, is worse than the Sixers, Bucks and Raptors.

The only team you can argue on there is the Celtics. Indiana is a decent team, they aren't going anywhere with the lack of stars and closers, circle the loss in playoffs to the Heat without Bosh.

Are we the new Miami Heat?

your slightly overrating them

miller
07-18-2012, 06:58 PM
Clearly second best in the East? No.

I'm confident the Knicks will do well but they are not clearly anything yet. The Knicks have plenty of question marks still. Will Amare and Melo find a way to both be effective together, Will Shumpert return as good or better than before, Will the age catch up with the new recruits etc.

If all goes well NY can be dangerous.

29$JerZ
07-18-2012, 07:00 PM
Miami
Indiana
Boston
Chicago
Sixers/Knicks
Knicks/Sixers
Nets/Bucks/Cavs
Nets/Bucks/Cavs

That's how I see it

John Walls Era
07-18-2012, 07:00 PM
If Knicks have homecourt advantage, they should be praising the lord. They were a predicted fringe 5th seed with Lin and they got worse now with Pillsbury doughboy starting.

njnets825
07-18-2012, 07:02 PM
And I just don't understand this notion the Nets will be a division leader

Boston still owns the Division
NY despite our everlasting problems has secured the 2nd spot 2 years running
Philly won't go away
Toronto improved as well.
They aren't even the 3rd best team in their division.

Where did u see they were predicted the div leaders? I think everyone says Boston, except some knick fans.

John Walls Era
07-18-2012, 07:02 PM
Nets are way better at every position except maybe SF and defensively at C. Nets Owner is proving that he was right in saying he would make the Nets a contender within 3 years.

SteBO
07-18-2012, 07:10 PM
Healthy Knicks team is a 4th seed at best.

SteBO
07-18-2012, 07:13 PM
I think IND and Boston are better, but a team with Carmelo and Amare, a stud in Shumpert (healthy of course), veteran leadership in Kidd, and size on their front line with Camby and Chandler should be able to contend for a 4th seed.

seikou8
07-18-2012, 07:13 PM

:facepalm: haters damn dont know anything were the bucks tanking, were the bull tANKING WERE 76ERS MAGIC ATLANTA AND BOSTON TANKING

John Walls Era
07-18-2012, 07:17 PM
I think IND and Boston are better, but a team with Carmelo and Amare, a stud in Shumpert (healthy of course), veteran leadership in Kidd, and size on their front line with Camby and Chandler should be able to contend for a 4th seed.

do you watch or pay attention to teams not named the heat? Kidd lol, Amare lol. Yeah those guys played great last year and aren't showing signs of breaking down... :rolleyes:

skylineblitzr35
07-18-2012, 07:18 PM
This Is What Melo Said “I’ve been to the playoffs nine times in my career and once made it to the promised land of the second round,” he said. “I want to take the Knicks there one day. Maybe not next year, maybe not the year after that. But I can guarantee that the Madison Square Garden rafters will rain confetti and streamers two to possibly three times next year in the playoffs for first round wins, provided we are given a playoff opponent we match up well with, preferably a team who is without several of their top players due to injury.

YOUR ALL STAR THAT PLAYS ON THE TEAM DONT EVEN THINK THEY CAN SO

THAT MEANS THEY CANT

Blitzbolt
07-18-2012, 07:19 PM
Fact the Heat will destroy them AGAIN.

Second or 8th best they have no shot at beating the Heat.

seikou8
07-18-2012, 07:21 PM
This Is What Melo Said “I’ve been to the playoffs nine times in my career and once made it to the promised land of the second round,” he said. “I want to take the Knicks there one day. Maybe not next year, maybe not the year after that. But I can guarantee that the Madison Square Garden rafters will rain confetti and streamers two to possibly three times next year in the playoffs for first round wins, provided we are given a playoff opponent we match up well with, preferably a team who is without several of their top players due to injury.

YOUR ALL STAR THAT PLAYS ON THE TEAM DONT EVEN THINK THEY CAN SO

THAT MEANS THEY CANT

link please oh wait there is none stupid trolls get funnier every day

NYSPORTSALLDAY
07-18-2012, 07:23 PM
No Way UNTILL yOu play defense the Knicks wont... Its funny Knicks haven't won since 1973 YOU GUYS haven't even won a Division titles since 1994. Knicks made it the the finals in 98-99 BUT lost. and that was your best chance in 14 years by the way the knicks want 27-23 just 4 games over 500. an was 4th in the Division. then the last time the knicks have ever been some what good was the next year 50-32 an what did the knicks do. Lost in the Conference Finals to Indiana Pacers, 4–2. so now we look at the pass 12 years from 00-01 to 11-12 the Knicks made the playoffs 4 times record 3-15 NEVER getting out the first round and NOT makes the playoffs 8 times. If u want to say wait its diffent because we have melo an Stoudemire its not they both haven't done much for the knicks going 1-8 in the playoff an if u think about they haven't done better with there old teams. so lets STOP saying the KNICKS are going to be better THIS years BECUASE..... in fact there just not going to do nothing again
:facepalm: WOW!

Weezy
07-18-2012, 07:25 PM
Miami
Indiana
Boston
Chicago
Sixers/Knicks
Knicks/Sixers
Nets/Bucks/Cavs
Nets/Bucks/Cavs

That's how I see it

I can agree with this.:)

rickshaw
07-18-2012, 07:27 PM
Are the Knicks clearly the second best team in the Eastern Conference?

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/68134912.gif

-Magic (self-explanatory)
-Hawks (lost Johnson)

-Pacers

Celtics - got younger. Jeff Green back, Bradley starting a whole year, and 2 new rookies.
Nets- Full season of Lopez, deeper team, + JJ
Hawks- Apprently them losing JJ makes them worse, but barely imporves the Nets, no consistency issues with this post.

Not to mention it was the Knicks who got older (Kidd, Camby) and won't have Lin, Fields or Shumpert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEkWH8DB7b0

Weezy
07-18-2012, 07:27 PM

He is a lot more important for us than many may believe. :( Its gonna suck for us to start the season without him.

ohreally
07-18-2012, 07:31 PM
Healthy Knicks team is a 4th seed at best.

Then again, what is a healthy 40 year old nba player? What is a healthy Amare?The new Miami Heat? I'm actually a Knick fan, but why does anybody else respond to these absurd threads? It just encourages more of them.

Chill_Will_24
They are clearly the second best team in NY! I gotta give them THAT much.

AddiX
Celtics will still own us. I don't see that changing this year.