PDA

View Full Version : CP3 not possible for Knicks

justinnum1
07-18-2012, 12:06 AM
beck
Repeating, bc people keep asking: Knicks have NO cap room to sign CP3 next summer. And can't get him via sign-trade as taxpaying team.

Yea...so no need to even think about cp3 in a knicks jersey

xxplayerxx23
07-18-2012, 12:08 AM
Shocked face!

waveycrockett
07-18-2012, 12:09 AM
this needs to have a sticky

bootleg42
07-18-2012, 12:09 AM
This probably belongs in the Knicks forum.

I also probably have to lose 4-6 pounds. Oh the facts of life!!!!!!!

justinnum1
07-18-2012, 12:10 AM
Shocked face!

Well i just dont want to hear anything about CP3 will be a knick next year...also i didnt know if you were in the tax you cant sign and trade

which doesn't make a lot of sense because the nets are in the tax...maybe this beck guy is wrong:shrug:

metsrock229
07-18-2012, 12:12 AM
Well i just dont want to hear anything about CP3 will be a knick next year...also i didnt know if you were in the tax you cant sign and trade

which doesn't make a lot of sense because the nets are in the tax...maybe this beck guy is wrong:shrug:

I wasn't aware of that either.

Not that I was expecting CP3 to be a Knick next year.

Rndy
07-18-2012, 12:13 AM
Their front office should lose their job not going for Deron Williams over Melo. He'd make Amare relevant again. Pick and roll all day with two of the best at it.

justinnum1
07-18-2012, 12:14 AM
Their front office should lose their job not going for Deron Williams over Melo. He'd make Amare relevant again. Pick and roll all day with two of the best at it.

agree, if their really was a deal at the trade deadline last year, melo for dwill the knicks are ******** for not doing it.

mike d wanted to trade melo for dwill...

310Casper
07-18-2012, 12:14 AM
This REALLY does need to be a sticky though.

It'll help avoid about 1500 threads between now and 2013-2014

jmoney85
07-18-2012, 12:15 AM

nobody knew dwill was available.... o'connor was contacting whatever team lost out on melo

koetravis
07-18-2012, 12:15 AM
People actually thought he could have been? :laugh2:

EDUTEXANS
07-18-2012, 12:16 AM
have they used their amnesty clause yet?

justinnum1
People actually thought he could have been? :laugh2:

doubt they admit it, but im sure there are some fans that were thinking it.

justinnum1
have they used their amnesty clause yet?

billups

AKAYaReal
Complain about Knicks threads in the NBA forum but come out and make pointless Knicks thread in the NBA forum?

This thread = bait

jetsfan28
07-18-2012, 12:17 AM
OK, the Knicks definitely won't get CP3, just getting that out of the way

That being said, Beck's reasoning may not be right. Knicks are not a lock to be over the 4 million apron that you need to be within to do a S&T. It will be pretty close.

justinnum1
07-18-2012, 12:19 AM

That being said, Beck's reasoning may not be right. Knicks are not a lock to be over the 4 million apron that you need to be within to do a S&T. It will be pretty close.

so if you are 4mil over the tax you can't do a sign and trade?

Rndy
07-18-2012, 12:20 AM
nobody knew dwill was available.... o'connor was contacting whatever team lost out on melo

I thought it was a FO job to look into all scenarios. Utah was having big trouble with Deron everyone knew it. Knicks were so obsessed with Melo they probably never even thought about it. They could have given a better package for Deron then Nets gave.

nickdymez
07-18-2012, 12:20 AM
I smell bait

justinnum1
07-18-2012, 12:21 AM
I smell bait

paranoid much?

this is a legit thread, quit derailing it.

Joker55
07-18-2012, 12:21 AM
I know some Knicks fans personally who swore he'd be a Knick.

waveycrockett
07-18-2012, 12:22 AM
I thought it was a FO job to look into all scenarios. Utah was having big trouble with Deron everyone knew it. Knicks were so obsessed with Melo they probably never even thought about it. They could have given a better package for Deron then Nets gave.

Actually nobody knew it until he was traded and they had to explain to their fanbase it was because he told them he was opting out and he may/may not come back. But nobody but DWill and their FO knew about it.

justinnum1
07-18-2012, 12:23 AM
Actually nobody knew it until he was traded and they had to explain to their fanbase it was because he told them he was opting out and he may/may not come back. But nobody but DWill and their FO knew about it.

still, mike d wanted melo out in february and wanted melo for dwill, they really should have done that.

jimm120
07-18-2012, 12:24 AM
agree, if their really was a deal at the trade deadline last year, melo for dwill the knicks are ******** for not doing it.

mike d wanted to trade melo for dwill...

I don't know if you noticed...but the team actually played well AFTER dantoni was fired. 2010-11 season and 2011-12 season sucked with Dantoni at the helm.

Team INSTANTLY got better once he was fired. 6-1 with all their players healthy sans Jeffries and 18-6 overall. They lost in the playoffs because they went up against the BEST team in the playoffs and on top of that everyone got injured (Baron, Lin, Shumpert, Amare, Jeffries). We woulda most probably lost anyway even without the injuries (its Miami, the best team) but it wouldn't have been that pitiful.

rocket
07-18-2012, 12:25 AM
What if he signs a 1 million dollar contract?

Punk
07-18-2012, 12:25 AM
What a stupid thread. Not only that but it proves certain Heat fans get scared. Also, repeat tax payers effect starts next year, not this year.

Also, only Houston and NJ knew Deron was available. If teams knew that, I'm pretty sure the entire league would have been looking to make a deal.

Logic. Use it.

justinnum1
07-18-2012, 12:26 AM
I don't know if you noticed...but the team actually played well AFTER dantoni was fired. 2010-11 season and 2011-12 season sucked with Dantoni at the helm.

Team INSTANTLY got better once he was fired. 6-1 with all their players healthy sans Jeffries and 18-6 overall. They lost in the playoffs because they went up against the BEST team in the playoffs and on top of that everyone got injured (Baron, Lin, Shumpert, Amare, Jeffries). We woulda most probably lost anyway even without the injuries (its Miami, the best team) but it wouldn't have been that pitiful.

ok. i still think the knicks would be a better team with dwill instead of melo.

Cracka2HI!
07-18-2012, 12:26 AM
this needs to have a sticky
LOL! In the 1st post it should read the Clippers can offer him $40 million more than any other team and he is basically acting as their GM.

justinnum1
07-18-2012, 12:27 AM
What a stupid thread. Not only that but it proves certain Heat fans get scared. Also, repeat tax payers effect starts next year, not this year.

yea, i would be worried if the knicks had a top 5 pg instead of melo.

KnicksR4Real
07-18-2012, 12:27 AM
obviously you trade for him

SkipBaylessFan
07-18-2012, 12:30 AM
Hoppefully he goes to the Heat.:pray: Riley gets 'em all on discount!

Hellcrooner
07-18-2012, 12:31 AM
lol, because they cant trade for him at the deadline if cp3 is threatenng the clips botu leaving for nothing........

AndyfromNeptune
07-18-2012, 12:32 AM
Not to defend a Heat fan, but can some of you guys be a little bit more careful with how you represent the Knicks fan base?

The OP has a history of demonizing our team, but that doesn't mean we have to engage with him.

Sactown
07-18-2012, 12:32 AM
What if they buyout players and use the stretch provision allowing them to stretch the salary owed over x amount of years?

iisballsdeep
07-18-2012, 12:39 AM
Knicks have nothing to give for CPIII.

Kashmir13579
07-18-2012, 12:39 AM
Anyone is not an complete and total bafoon, knows that CP3 isn't coming to the Knicks. Which leads me to ask why justinum felt this was pertinent information?

oak2455
07-18-2012, 12:40 AM
Justine has almost 40,000 post..,,, seen outside in the past two years??? Your new name is Pasty troll

dhopisthename
07-18-2012, 12:40 AM

nets package>knicks package

cssdmark
07-18-2012, 12:45 AM
ok. i still think the knicks would be a better team with dwill instead of melo.

They will be a better team with Chris Paul next year, that is why they did not match Lin.

EasternStar
07-18-2012, 12:46 AM
CP3 would not have make it to the Knicks anyway. The Knicks Salary Cap is like big furniture and house needs overstuffing a medium sized mansion. It would NEVER FIT!

SpaceJamJordans
07-18-2012, 12:46 AM
THANK GOD. Now its time to knock some sense into these Knick fans on PSD who think they can get anybody :facepalm:

Kashmir13579
07-18-2012, 12:48 AM
Yeah, man. This thread is just rubbing things in for Knicks fans - is completely irrelevant and uncalled for. I personally don't give a ****, because i'm depressed as **** right now; but if there was ever a time for mods to put their foot down on this fool, now would be fine with me.

I mean, coming off a freaking championship all he wants to do is troll Knicks fans. That says it all. IMHO posters like Justinum have become the archetype for PSDs NBA forum and nobody should be happy about that.

EasternStar
07-18-2012, 12:49 AM
Hoppefully he goes to the Heat.:pray: Riley gets 'em all on discount!

Like it that your a Bills fan, not a Skip "BASE"less fan though, sorry.:laugh2: Miami Can't get EVERBODY! If that's the case, D-Will should have take the discount.:laugh:

SpaceJamJordans
07-18-2012, 12:53 AM
obviously you trade for him

yeah offering the 'amare' trade like the usual :rolleyes:

xxplayerxx23
07-18-2012, 12:56 AM

You will though. But yeah Not sure man. Doubt we can get lin

Kashmir13579
07-18-2012, 01:00 AM
And i love when Justinnum and similar posters refer to "Knick fans", when in actuality they are referring to the same handful of posters who are no more idiotic and clueless than they are.

Cheers.

GH19
07-18-2012, 01:27 AM
Won't happen in reality but CP3 to NY WILL be possible in my 2k13 Association Mode :clap:

Structures
07-18-2012, 01:57 AM
The only way CP3 is a knick is through a trade. And the knicks dont have quite enough to entice the clippers into making a deal (assuming Paul wanted out).

But would anybody else be intrigued by the idea of a Bledsoe/Shumpert backcourt? (because Shump would have to be included in every trade scenario)

GiantsSwaGG
07-18-2012, 02:05 AM
This is an obvious bait thread....

NYK4L
07-18-2012, 02:10 AM
And then people say the nba forum is full of knicks threads, 95% of them come from other fan bases.

GiantsSwaGG
07-18-2012, 02:11 AM
Notice justin always makes a thread about the knicks

NYK4L
07-18-2012, 02:13 AM
Justine has almost 40,000 post..,,, seen outside in the past two years??? Your new name is Pasty troll

Like 30,000 of them are just LMAO, sometimes he'll change it up with LMFAO.

KniCks4LiFe
07-18-2012, 02:16 AM
yo @Justinnum1 can we have atleast 24-48 hrs. before this, some of us are coping w/ the fact that we're a 5-8 seed w/ only one upside player. Atleast 24 hrs. homie.

WhiteSoxGod
07-18-2012, 02:23 AM
beck

As I have said repeatedly. I mean I think that many posters in the NBA forum just post to see themselves post. They don't really pay attention, they just want to read their own thoughts. I see this with many Knicks fans repeatedly.

hovyboo
07-18-2012, 02:26 AM
beck

I frequently read the Knicks forum ( rarely post though)

Just wanted to extend you a big ******* Y**

And I Hope Ryan Tannehill falls in a well and Lassie doesn't save his ***!

Even though I knew fiscally the Knicks couldn't get Cp3 it just sucks that you continuously ride the Knicks.....

Get a life/girlfriend/job and stop posting 30+ post a day on PSD

NYK4L
07-18-2012, 02:27 AM
I don't know but CP3 is the one that toasted us, not the other way around.

John Walls Era
07-18-2012, 02:28 AM
shattered dreams and broken hearts

NYkillaPriest
07-18-2012, 02:28 AM

Can you name the PG's Amare played with when he was "relevant", when you get to that last name stop and highlight it and think about who that person plays for now.

P.S. we would rather have Melo than DWill it is much easier to get solid PG play than it is to get premier scoring

hovyboo
07-18-2012, 02:29 AM
As I have said repeatedly. I mean I think that many posters in the NBA forum just post to see themselves post. They don't really pay attention, they just want to read their own thoughts. I see this with many Knicks fans repeatedly.

95% of "NBA fans" know nothing about nba salary cap or any intricacies of the sport....

So point for you... Despite my dislike for your bad mouthing the Knicks! Lol

NYMetropolitans
07-18-2012, 02:43 AM
Justin, you spend half your time dissing and worrying about the Knicks and commentating on our FO and fan base and I'm sure you're also a Melo hater, just a hunch. Give it a rest.

KB24PG16
07-18-2012, 02:43 AM
damn people on psd go hard :laugh2:

BklyNyk
07-18-2012, 02:46 AM
Bull ****. Paul will sign for vet min to play in orange and blue. HE TOASTED!

WhiteSoxGod
07-18-2012, 02:53 AM
95% of "NBA fans" know nothing about nba salary cap or any intricacies of the sport....

So point for you... Despite my dislike for your bad mouthing the Knicks! Lol

I don't mean to bad mouth the Knicks. I really love a lot of the old Knicks players.

It just seems like most of the Knicks fans here say things without researching them. THEN if a player is on the Knicks THEYRE INSTANT HALL OF FAMERS. But if the saame player leaves, they are GARBAGE.

THEN they assume EVERY PLAYER wants to play for the Knicks 1st before any other team and they can acquire any player for peanuts and soda. It's nothing against the Knicks franchise itself. I mean ya'll are in the East and have no bearing on us.

Besides the Knicks keep giving us all kinds of good deals and are always available when we need to trade old garbage players for draft picks and cap relief. :D

bholly
07-18-2012, 03:06 AM

The rule about no S+Ts to apron teams kicks in next offseason.

so if you are 4mil over the tax you can't do a sign and trade?

Yes, it's the apron (ie $4m over the tax) that's most relevant here. You also can't take S+Ts if you've used the taxpayer MLE. Both rules start next offseason. (Source: cbafaq.com)

As jetsfan says, it could be close. Melo + Stoudemire + Chandler are at a combined $58,187,905. Adding CP3's max to that gives $80,640,336. So to add CP3 to that trio they'd need to give up every other player they have, and would still need the tax level to go up over $6m (which is a pipe dream).

So, the only way they could do it is giving one of those three up. We all know the Clips laugh a Stoudemire offer off the phone, so it comes down to Chandler and Melo.
I personally don't think they consider Chandler, but a Melo offer could get them thinking if they know CP3 wants to leave. The big problem there, of course, is why would CP3 want to go to New York if Melo isn't there, when he could get more money staying in LA? All up, I think it's extremely unlikely.

I think the bigger issue is just CP3's leverage. It'll be a very similar situation to the one many of us have been talking about Dwight being in if he gets moved. Pretty much all the really attractive teams are capped out, so a player's only way of getting to any of them is S+T, which the Clipps can just block by refusing to do it. The only leverage CP3 has is the threat of walking - and are there any teams he'd prefer to walk to rather than stay in LA? Atlanta, Houston, Dallas are the three that generally come to mind, but if LAC think he'd rather stay than go and start anew in any of those places, they have absolutely no reason to consider a S+T.

So the only way he gets to New York is if he wants to play for some cap room team more than he wants to play for the Clippers (so that it's either S+T or lose him for nothing for them) AND he wants to play for the Knicks more than any of the cap teams.

It's a nice dream, but I can't see it happening.

DitchDat
07-18-2012, 03:26 AM
The quick move for Tyson Chandler and a few rich deals after that and POOF the cap space is gone

LOOTERX9
07-18-2012, 04:06 AM
IF no CP3 then this Lin move is horrible for this knick team. Now they are just a bunch of old players that don't mix. the celtics have a mix of old and young players plus their player mix well together. that's the difference here

NYKnicksAllDay
07-18-2012, 04:12 AM
Can you name the PG's Amare played with when he was "relevant", when you get to that last name stop and highlight it and think about who that person plays for now.

P.S. we would rather have Melo than DWill it is much easier to get solid PG play than it is to get premier scoring

Speak for yourself. I'm not so sure I would.

b@llhog24
07-18-2012, 06:20 AM
Lol who does Justinnum troll more Knicks or Bulls fans:

LongIslandIcedZ
07-18-2012, 06:37 AM
I know some Knicks fans personally who swore he'd be a Knick.

I remember Nets fans saying the same about Melo, and Dwight, but its still a little early for that.

EastNYLos
07-18-2012, 06:58 AM
LMAO...CP3 is still a possibility if we can move amare's huge contract. So don't say never because crazier things have happend.

StarvingKnick22
07-18-2012, 07:09 AM
why do all of your knick threads make me cry?

Chill_Will_24
07-18-2012, 07:20 AM
This REALLY does need to be a sticky though.

It'll help avoid about 1500 threads between now and 2013-2014

this

MJL80
07-18-2012, 07:24 AM
beck

Dude you're obsessed with the knicks, that's all u talk about! Hang it up already

Chill_Will_24
07-18-2012, 07:27 AM
LMAO...CP3 is still a possibility if we can move amare's huge contract. So don't say never because crazier things have happend.

:laugh:

Joe Johnson was only moved because the Nets are on a spending spree and dont care about the money so dont be lead by that trade. Not to mention that Amare is THE worst contract not only because of its amount but because it is uninsured. It is untradeable. You are stuck with him.

So "hide yo fire extinguishers and hide yo glass cases cuz Amare is punchin errthing out here"

oak2455
07-18-2012, 07:43 AM
What a bait thread and the masters are playing ....

YoungOne
07-18-2012, 08:15 AM
This probably belongs in the Knicks forum.

I also probably have to lose 4-6 pounds. Oh the facts of life!!!!!!!

if u didnt notice, the nba forum is the knicks forum.

KingPosey
07-18-2012, 11:43 AM

Maybe the Nets werent in the tax till after signing Brook and Humph? Thats a good question actually.

KingPosey
07-18-2012, 11:47 AM

I remember before any of that him and Sloan going toe to toe, there was a "him or me" line drawn, and Sloan quit because DWill was being a turd, quite clearly.

LA_Raiders
07-18-2012, 12:51 PM
What if he pulls a Melodrama? Only trade to NY?

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-18-2012, 12:54 PM
What if he pulls a Melodrama? Only trade to NY?

Means nothing unless he wants vet minimum.

Mr Costanza
07-18-2012, 01:06 PM
Lol you really think a thread that has a basis of the Knicks have no cap space needs a sticky anchor?

Stinkyoutsider
07-18-2012, 01:11 PM
I figured as much. Paul looks happy in LA anyway? He thinks that the Clippers have a good shot of making a run for a title.

If LA wants to be guaranteed Paul will stay, they need to put a trade together to get a player of Paul's equal, like a Howard.

Jetsguy
07-18-2012, 01:11 PM
out of curiosity, can a player take like a 1 year min deal as a FA and then sign the next year for max?

Not at all applying this to CP3 or Knicks just curious

EasternStar
07-18-2012, 01:24 PM
if u didnt notice, the nba forum is the knicks forum.

:laugh2:

justinnum1
07-18-2012, 01:25 PM
out of curiosity, can a player take like a 1 year min deal as a FA and then sign the next year for max?

Not at all applying this to CP3 or Knicks just curious

not unless the team had cap space

EastNYLos
07-18-2012, 01:34 PM
Bait thread..y u bother?

sep11ie
07-18-2012, 01:36 PM
Omg

TheRunKiller
07-18-2012, 02:10 PM
He's overrated

NBAFan2012
07-18-2012, 03:13 PM

Cracka2HI!
07-18-2012, 05:11 PM
Melo demanding a trade to the Clippers is about 100 times more likely.

DieHardColtsfan
07-18-2012, 05:22 PM
I was going to buy a CP3 Knicks jersey until I saw this thread. Thanks OP.

keetyweedy
07-18-2012, 05:29 PM
CP3 ain't leaving the clippers

NYSPORTSALLDAY
07-18-2012, 05:31 PM
Close this thread.

nycsports2
07-18-2012, 05:39 PM
honestly rather have the team we have now anyway

1_team_1_dream
07-18-2012, 06:34 PM
We can get cp3 as a free agent without trading amare.If i was a gm I can make it happen.

wonder how? trade tc defensive player of the year and shump for an expiring. big 3 paul melo and amare .

I go to la you want chandler and shump they say no? am a try to get an expiring for these 2 or picks