PDA

View Full Version : kawhi leonard

spurs4#5
07-17-2012, 11:41 PM
Where do u see his averages this season

EDUTEXANS
07-17-2012, 11:45 PM
this dude will be a beast

Morey's biggest mistake, drafting Morris over Leonard...

spurs4#5
07-17-2012, 11:48 PM

that's what I was thinking...dude has crazy potential

JasonJohnHorn
07-17-2012, 11:57 PM
Well... he's on the Spurs, so he's not going to be depended on to lead the team in scoring... they have a lot of quality players on that team, but I expects his numbers to increase slightly or stay steady.

He could do more if he was on a team like Charlotte, but then the question might be: is his output the result of the system he's in? or his ability?

Tim Duncan makes players better. So does Pop.

Still... he seems like a nice guy, buys into the system, so he should see increased minutes and productivety... but I expect his per-36 to be about the same.

spreadeagle
07-17-2012, 11:59 PM
Canadians are doing big things in the NBA lately, Leonard, Tristan Thompson, Nicholson...Wiggins next year :) I route for em all. Toronto Raptors and Steve Nash have helped a lot in making Canadian kids realize they can make it to NBA. Edit i just read hes NOT canadian...wonder why i thought that lmao ah well hes still good hahaha..I was thinking of Corey Joesph

EDUTEXANS
07-17-2012, 11:59 PM
that's what I was thinking...dude has crazy potential

on both sides of the ball

and it's really fun to watch him because he seems so humble and hardworker, he reminds me a lot of Tim Duncan

EDIT: didn't know he was canadian
edit #2: He is not canadian lol

rickyk13
07-18-2012, 12:07 AM
All the canucks are studs. leonard, durant, thompson, Nash, Humphries, Mike James

spurs4#5
07-18-2012, 12:16 AM
Well... he's on the Spurs, so he's not going to be depended on to lead the team in scoring... they have a lot of quality players on that team, but I expects his numbers to increase slightly or stay steady.

He could do more if he was on a team like Charlotte, but then the question might be: is his output the result of the system he's in? or his ability?

Tim Duncan makes players better. So does Pop.

Still... he seems like a nice guy, buys into the system, so he should see increased minutes and productivety... but I expect his per-36 to be about the same.

I know exactly what ur saying and those were my thought of him before he had that break out game where we got slaughtered by Portland by like a billion and he's also been the main guy in our summer league (yes I know it's summer league nothing to get to excited about) but he's been beasting in the first two games

spurs4#5
07-18-2012, 12:19 AM
on both sides of the ball

and it's really fun to watch him because he seems so humble and hardworker, he reminds me a lot of Tim Duncan

EDIT: didn't know he was canadian

I think after Duncan retires and ginobili is gone and he becomes a more relied upon on the offensive end people are gonna start saying he was the steal of his draft class

waveycrockett
07-18-2012, 12:19 AM
He's going to average whatever Gerald Wallace did in his 2nd season. They are the same player. JK but really very similar guys.

NoahH
07-18-2012, 12:25 AM
Leonard is not Canadian

EDUTEXANS
07-18-2012, 12:27 AM
He's going to average whatever Gerald Wallace did in his 2nd season. They are the same player. JK but really very similar guys.

Leonard is a better shooter and he is more 3 than Wallace

I think he will have a better carreer

SanAntonioSpurs23
07-18-2012, 12:28 AM
The kid has a fantastic work ethic, he's going to be a damn good player. Leonard recently stated that he doesn't want to just be a "role" player, he wants to be a primary scoring option.

Pop has also stated that he wants Kawhi to work on his all around game. Pop says Kawhi is in the gym way before and after anyone else.

Watching the first two summer league games, you can already tell that he's improved. His ball handling looks a lot cleaner, hes been working a lot on his post up, his shot looks good, and he's even been playing some point.

I'm sure some of this sounds pretty homerish, but Leonard has a very high ceiling right now and he's only 20......

waveycrockett
07-18-2012, 12:30 AM
Leonard is a better shooter and he is more 3 than Wallace

I think he will have a better carreer

He plays under Pop so yeah he probably will have a better career. Their skill sets are the same. Any SF who plays for pop will look like a good shooter because they get a ton of wide open 3's from the corner in that system. See Bruce Bowen and Richard Jefferson.

eternal slumber
07-18-2012, 12:32 AM

they'll be some mistakes along the way. really didn't expect leonard to be this good this early. heck, Morris was drafted ahead of both Leonard and Shumpert.

justinnum1
07-18-2012, 12:34 AM
14/6/3

EDUTEXANS
07-18-2012, 12:38 AM
He plays under Pop so yeah he probably will have a better career. Their skill sets are the same. Any SF who plays for pop will look like a good shooter because they get a ton of wide open 3's from the corner in that system. See Bruce Bowen and Richard Jefferson.

yes but Wallace can have as many open threes as he wants, still he won't make them

NoahH
07-18-2012, 12:39 AM

yes but Wallace can have as many open threes as he wants, still he won't make them.

G wall can hit a three

EDUTEXANS
07-18-2012, 12:41 AM
they'll be some mistakes along the way. really didn't expect leonard to be this good this early. heck, Morris was drafted ahead of both Leonard and Shumpert.

yeah but I think he was an easy choice, I remember I was really happy when he fell to us, it was the 14th pick and we really needed a SF

EDUTEXANS
07-18-2012, 12:44 AM

G wall can hit a three

30%?

SanAntonioSpurs23
07-18-2012, 12:50 AM
yeah but I think he was an easy choice, I remember I was really happy when he fell to us, it was the 14th pick and we really needed a SF

Huh? How were you really excited? When Leonard was selected it was by Indiana, we didn't know of a trade until later.

GH19
07-18-2012, 12:51 AM
Not only does he have promising potential, but he's with the perfect organization that will help surround him with the right people to make sure he maximizes his talent. The Spurs are one of the best teams in the league at player development. Bright future for Kawhi.

EDUTEXANS
07-18-2012, 12:52 AM
Huh? How were you really excited? When Leonard was selected it was by Indiana, we didn't know of a trade until later.

I'm a Rockets' fan

spreadeagle
07-18-2012, 12:55 AM
I like how I instantly correct my mistake right under my post and at least two people point out that mistake minutes later for me...thanks guys lol psd at its finest

eternal slumber
07-18-2012, 12:55 AM

i was a bit worried because he was a tweener, not tall enough to play the 4 and not too quick to play the 3.

always imagined him being a Corliss Williamson, bullying smaller 3's and facing up slower 4.

EDUTEXANS
07-18-2012, 01:00 AM
i was a bit worried because he was a tweener, not tall enough to play the 4 and not too quick to play the 3.

always imagined him being a Corliss Williamson, bullying smaller 3's and facing up slower 4.

are you talking about Morris or Leornard now? I don't see Leonard being a tweener, and even if you do, you gotta agree with me that he would be a better pick than Morris, he is a tweener

waveycrockett
07-18-2012, 01:00 AM
30%?

Ok your missing the point. In the SPURS system the SF shoot wideopen corner 3's. Example RJ/Bowen/ Leonard

RJ's had a season where he shot 44% from 3p playing under Pop about 10 points higher than his career average before that. I rest my case.

EDUTEXANS
07-18-2012, 01:05 AM
Ok your missing the point. In the SPURS system the SF shoot wideopen corner 3's. Example RJ/Bowen/ Leonard

RJ's had a season where he shot 44% from 3p playing under Pop about 10 points higher than his career average before that. I rest my case.

and that proves that Wallace is a good 3PT shooter or Leonard is not?:confused:

eternal slumber
07-18-2012, 01:05 AM
are you talking about Morris or Leornard now? I don't see Leonard being a tweener, and even if you do, you gotta agree with me that he would be a better pick than Morris, he is a tweener

my bad, Morris buddy. Leonard is perfect to be at the 3 spot, good size, can shoot, good defender and can move.

SanAntonioSpurs23
07-18-2012, 01:06 AM
I'm a Rockets' fan

Haha yeah, sorry I read your post wrong.

waveycrockett
07-18-2012, 01:07 AM
and that proves that Wallace is a good 3PT shooter or Leonard is not?:confused:

I'm telling you anyone can look like a good 3P shooter shooting wide open Corner 3's.

No knock on Leonard but Spurs fans can even acknowledge that.

eternal slumber
07-18-2012, 01:12 AM
I'm telling you anyone can look like a good 3P shooter shooting wide open Corner 3's.

btw, nice sig buddy.

EDUTEXANS
07-18-2012, 01:12 AM

and that doesn't make you a good three-point shooter?

SanAntonioSpurs23
07-18-2012, 01:17 AM

Really? Do you remember Keith Bogans and Ime Udoka..... They surely didn't benefit from the corner 3.

b@llhog24
07-18-2012, 01:22 AM
10pts, 6rebs, 1.5assits, 1.5 steals. Increased efficiency and some damn good defense. I love Kawhi.

waveycrockett
07-18-2012, 01:29 AM
btw, nice sig buddy.

feel free to take it

waveycrockett
07-18-2012, 01:31 AM
Really? Do you remember Keith Bogans and Ime Udoka..... They surely didn't benefit from the corner 3.

Keith Bogans shot 38% from3 in a similar role with the Bulls what are talking about

Ime Udoka 37% from 3P w/ Spurs. Both WELLLLL above average

popo85
07-18-2012, 01:46 AM
10-11 ppg 4-5 rebs 2 stls his stats wont show how much of a difference he makes in the game especially on the defensive end.

takeshi
07-18-2012, 01:53 AM
Remind me of spree

GiantsSwaGG
07-18-2012, 02:07 AM
Who?

Giraffes Rule
07-18-2012, 02:28 AM

Leonard does need to get quicker with his shot, but he doesn't just shoot from the corner. He does have to be wide open right now, but he can hit threes from all over and I think it'll improve to be a shot he can rely on.

WhiteSoxGod
07-18-2012, 02:29 AM

No doubt there, I can't stand Morris.

DitchDat
07-18-2012, 07:11 AM
I'm rooting for the kid. He works hard.

waveycrockett
07-18-2012, 07:54 AM
Leonard does need to get quicker with his shot, but he doesn't just shoot from the corner. He does have to be wide open right now, but he can hit threes from all over and I think it'll improve to be a shot he can rely on.

Thanks man. I'm not knocking Leonard either I think he's a terrific young player who can do a lot of things well and play elite level defense at a young age.

YeaDat
07-18-2012, 08:31 AM
He's from Los Angeles not Canada

dalton749
07-18-2012, 09:25 AM
I was hoping for toronto to draft him last year but 5 was to early and we got valanciunas so I can't complain

kdspurman
07-18-2012, 09:37 AM
I think the future is extremely bright for Kawhi. I think his numbers will look something like this next season:

14 PPG 6.5 REB 2 ST 3.5 ASSTS

He's showing the Spurs coaching staff that he can do much more than stand in the corner and wait for Tony Parker to hit him for the open 3. (He even stated this in a recent interview) For the SL team, the coaching staff wanted him to go out there and get up 25 shots a game and really be the focal point of the team & he hasn't disappointed.

He's showing better ball handle than most realized he had, and his mid-range shot has been pretty consistent. He finishes at the rim very well, and as the season went on, he was knocking down the 3 ball at a pretty good rate. He's also probably the 3rd best rebounder on the team behind Tim/Blair.

He does still need work on his play making ability, and that will come with time, and actually having the ball in the half court sets more. Showing the coaching staff all he's shown in the 2 SL games, I think he will be the #2 option in the starting lineup on most nights. (Nights where Tim might have a significant advantage) he'll probably be 3. As constructed, that first unit is the Tony Parker show running hundreds of P & R's and allowing him to create.

Leonard is showing he can be someone to use as well in Pick & Pop plays, and maybe some Iso's (again depending on the match up) I think he has a season that will really surprise a lot of people (they're calling him LeBron Lite of the summer league lol) and he should be a candidate for MIP when it's all said and done.

http://projectspurs.com/2012-articles/july/espns-thorpe-leonard-has-chance-to-show-hes-more-than-a-role-player.html

http://airalamo.com/2012/07/15/kawhi-leonard-primed-for-another-breakout-season/

spurs4#5
07-18-2012, 03:14 PM
I think kawhi we end up being our next franchise player