PDA

View Full Version : Any rookies impressing or not impressing you in summer league so far?

spreadeagle
07-17-2012, 08:57 PM
I know its early but ive seen quite a few summer league already on nba tv. Lamb looks solid "For the third straight game, Lamb had it going. Through three games, the UConn product's 20.3 point average on 51 percent shooting is hard to argue with. Lamb is deceptive in his scoring in that he does it so effortlessly. I'd like to see him do more besides score, but that's nitpicking." from espn.

Dion Waiters has not looked great to me so far, not a great shooter but gets to the basket/line pretty well. Also Zeller and Nicholson look solid.

D12 fan
07-17-2012, 09:00 PM
Jeremy Lamb looks like the steal of the draft so far in summer league,dude can score the rock.

b@llhog24
07-17-2012, 09:00 PM
Lamb, Zeller, MKG, Sully, and Barnes impressed me in the games they played.

Waiters has been sucking it up though.

TeamSeattle
07-17-2012, 09:02 PM
Chris Copeland and James White...j/k. Jeremy Lamb looks very solid, & MKG. T-Rob looks overwhelmed at the moment but he'll pick it up.

waveycrockett
07-17-2012, 09:03 PM
Andre Drummond getting busted up by d-league PF's

TrueFan420
07-17-2012, 09:04 PM
How's Barnes looking?

b@llhog24
07-17-2012, 09:04 PM
Also Royce White had a great game yesterday, Dmo is pretty good as well.

waveycrockett
07-17-2012, 09:05 PM
Chris Copeland and James White...j/k. Jeremy Lamb looks very solid, & MKG. T-Rob looks overwhelmed at the moment but he'll pick it up.

T-Will looks tiny for a PF even at the summer league. Kind of reminds me of Beasley/ Jeff Green maybe smaller.

spreadeagle
07-17-2012, 09:06 PM
How's Barnes looking?

pretty good, hes a great fit on that team

Keats
07-17-2012, 09:19 PM
waiters can get to the rim so easily, he's looking great today

koreancabbage
07-17-2012, 09:23 PM
meh until they actually play against real NBA defense i dont care

spreadeagle
07-17-2012, 09:24 PM
waiters can get to the rim so easily, he's looking great today

ya he looks good in the game on now...but i dont know if he will blow by nba guys as easy

jmoney85
07-17-2012, 09:30 PM
shengalia impressed me

JerseyPalahniuk
07-17-2012, 09:34 PM
so Cleveland didn't reach with Walters? Or give up too much in that Zeller deal? Smart moves by Gilbert then. Would love to see a good supporting cast around Kyrie. Dude's gonna be good

AndyfromNeptune
07-17-2012, 09:36 PM
This is the best draft since 09 and possibly 03.

Quote me on it.

spreadeagle
07-17-2012, 09:36 PM
so Cleveland didn't reach with Walters? Or give up too much in that Zeller deal? Smart moves by Gilbert then. Would love to see a good supporting cast around Kyrie. Dude's gonna be good

still maybe reached lol but they have Irving PG Waiters SG Thompson PF and Zeller C...pretty set for the future

eternal slumber
07-17-2012, 09:47 PM
Jeremy Lamb easily, he can score in variety of ways. didn't also know he has nice handles.
Terrence Jones and D-Mo also has been good especially Jones.

lurkinglionsfan
07-17-2012, 09:48 PM
Andre Drummond getting busted up by d-league PF's

no, he didnt get busted up he played decent ( i watched all the games ( only bad one was okc ( the whole team) and sully,MKG played really good in summer league , i liked singler too ( dont know if he counts or not ) the worst ive seen was fab mello but havent seen much more

Phenomenonsense
07-17-2012, 09:50 PM
Donatas is a baller. MKG played in one game and looked like he was going to develop into a better Gerald Wallace. Real superstar potential there.

spreadeagle
07-17-2012, 09:55 PM
Donatas is a baller. MKG played in one game and looked like he was going to develop into a better Gerald Wallace. Real superstar potential there.

forgot about him, ya he looks good

Chacarron
07-17-2012, 09:56 PM
The Rockets have some nice, young players.

eternal slumber
07-17-2012, 10:00 PM
also i forgot about Royce White, almost had a triple double last game, which is unheard off in the summer league. Houston did quite had a haul of talents from this past draft.

spreadeagle
07-17-2012, 10:07 PM
also i forgot about Royce White, almost had a triple double last game, which is unheard off in the summer league. Houston did quite had a haul of talents from this past draft.

Orlando should have taken those picks for Dwight and ran....what are they doing :facepalm:

alldade11
07-17-2012, 10:10 PM
Lamb was probally the top shooting guard in the draft skill wise.. but dnt forget this is the nba where they draft POTENTIAL over true skill alot of the time. No way he should have dropped that far Houston has steal of the draft.

black1605
07-17-2012, 10:10 PM
Hoping MKG plays tonight, they held him out of the last game. He wants to go, but they won't let him unless he's 100%.

spreadeagle
07-17-2012, 10:15 PM
Lamb was probally the top shooting guard in the draft skill wise.. but dnt forget this is the nba where they draft POTENTIAL over true skill alot of the time. No way he should have dropped that far Houston has steal of the draft.

I think it was interviews like this why he slipped, he seemed liked he didnt relly care, kinda has that Tracy Mcgrady sleepy look lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXBlSNICXvM

eternal slumber
07-17-2012, 10:22 PM

yeah i also think that Lamb was the best shooting guard in the draft. he's just going to be so much better. nice handles, nice stroke, quick release, can finish at the rim, excellent catch and shoot ability and damn so long. he's a nightmare to check for opposing players.

black1605
07-17-2012, 10:26 PM
Looks like no MKG tonight.

Rick Bonnell ‏@rick_bonnell
Not official yet, but it appears Kidd-Gilchrist will not play tonight vs. Wolves.

Blitzbolt
07-17-2012, 10:31 PM
Josh Selby(not a rookie)Destroy bradley beal today on both ends of the floor.

35 points 7 steals I don't know much about Beal but he look like a Scrub.

tr3ymill3r
07-17-2012, 10:32 PM
If the Magic don't make a deal with Houston they are insane. They could have had White, Lamb and Jones with future picks, now if the Rockets are the only team left standing they won't get nearly as much.

eternal slumber
07-17-2012, 10:33 PM
Looks like no MKG tonight.

MKG too looked great. great motor, monster in transition and excellent defensive instinct. hopes how he plays rubs off on his teammates. he'll be a star, no doubt about it.

eternal slumber
07-17-2012, 10:35 PM
If the Magic don't make a deal with Houston they are insane. They could have had White, Lamb and Jones with future picks, now if the Rockets are the only team left standing they won't get nearly as much.

i hope Rockets won't have to part with all of them cause their all ballers, especially Jones and Lamb. didn't know Jones will be this good, such a steal at 18th.

Phenomenonsense
07-18-2012, 12:46 AM
i hope Rockets won't have to part with all of them cause their all ballers, especially Jones and Lamb. didn't know Jones will be this good, such a steal at 18th.

See, now, Jones is doing well, but I feel like I don't know where I put him on the floor and I feel like that will hinder his ability to get out there with clear post presences of D-Mo (who can also stretch the floor and is GREAT in the pick and roll/pop situations), or the Point forward handling of White. I would trade him like Green to the celtics.

SanAntonioSpurs23
07-18-2012, 01:25 AM
Ive only watched Spurs SL games do I can honestly only grade them.

If you all are talking about the Zeller that plays for the Spurs SL, I don't know why you guys are on because he sucks horribly.

Anyway

Kawhi Leonard is beasting, his game looks much improved.

Cory Joseph also looks about 50 times better. He's not playing slouched over like last year, and his jumper has improved. Hes seeing the court better, and is playing decent D. Long shot he makes the roster with the Spurs already having 3 PGs under contract.

Arch Stanton
07-18-2012, 01:30 AM
ya he looks good in the game on now...but i dont know if he will blow by nba guys as easy

That's a double standard. You're judging him for shooting poorly but are dismissing his ability to get to the rim successfully.

Arch Stanton
07-18-2012, 01:33 AM

How did they reach for Waiters? Or give up to much for Zeller? Both were projected in the lottery. Waiters would've been grabbed by Golden State at 7. Anyways isn't too soon to judge who reached and who didn't? It's only summer league.

Whomewhome
07-18-2012, 01:34 AM
Tyshon Taylor for a 2nd round pick looked real good. He will never be a starter or a great player but will be a great backup PG in this league for years to come barring stupidity and injury...(I say stupidity because of players like Dez shoving his mother around)

eternal slumber
07-18-2012, 01:38 AM
See, now, Jones is doing well, but I feel like I don't know where I put him on the floor and I feel like that will hinder his ability to get out there with clear post presences of D-Mo (who can also stretch the floor and is GREAT in the pick and roll/pop situations), or the Point forward handling of White. I would trade him like Green to the celtics.

Jones with his game can play multiple position due to his versatility.

he can be a big 3 guy, a quick 4 and can be 5 if match-up dictates the game.
Jones is just a baller right now, really happy he's been this good and consistent.

LakersIn5
07-18-2012, 01:48 AM

its just summer league though. they might be good but they also might be a bust against real nba players.

jmoney85
07-18-2012, 01:56 AM
Tyshon Taylor for a 2nd round pick looked real good. He will never be a starter or a great player but will be a great backup PG in this league for years to come barring stupidity and injury...(I say stupidity because of players like Dez shoving his mother around)

you never know... I dont think anybody can make that assumption about any particular player in this draft

chrism8188
07-18-2012, 02:07 AM
J Lamb is so smooth with his game, but BIG props to Damian Lillard, that boy can score at will, havnt seen his name yet but he's a great pick so far, and hope nolan smith gets better too he got injured he was hoopin too.

but as a rockets fan I'm excited to see J lamb, Royce White and Terence Jones all playing well

b@llhog24
07-18-2012, 02:30 AM
Orlando should have taken those picks for Dwight and ran....what are they doing :facepalm:

If Orlando had taken the picks they probably wouldn't have drafter the same players.

I think it was interviews like this why he slipped, he seemed liked he didnt relly care, kinda has that Tracy Mcgrady sleepy look lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXBlSNICXvM

Lol this and the fact that UConn had a ****** record.

How did they reach for Waiters? Or give up to much for Zeller? Both were projected in the lottery. Waiters would've been grabbed by Golden State at 7. Anyways isn't too soon to judge who reached and who didn't? It's only summer league.

Looking back now, Cavs should have drafted Lamb imo. But summer league doesn't make careers, playing with Kyrie probably will make things a lot easier for Waiters.

DitchDat
07-18-2012, 05:57 AM
Sullinger reminds me of Baby/Bass but with a higher motor. I really like him so far.

BSardogan
07-18-2012, 07:18 AM
Jeremy Lamb easily, he can score in variety of ways. didn't also know he has nice handles.
Terrence Jones and D-Mo also has been good especially Jones.

Lol pretty much, and Royce White almost had a triple-double against Sacramento.

So that makes all 4 Houston rookies. :cheer:

shen
07-18-2012, 07:24 AM
Josh Selby(not a rookie)Destroy bradley beal today on both ends of the floor.

35 points 7 steals I don't know much about Beal but he look like a Scrub.

Beal is a over hyped, something I attempted to warn many people about before the draft. He looked good in the tournament so he shot up boards. If people had sat down and actually watched his games they would have never taken him in the top 10.

King41
07-18-2012, 10:06 AM
the mavs rookies are lokking very well

LA_Raiders
07-18-2012, 12:41 PM
Lakers rooks look like lost rookies...

Red Hot Rolllin
07-18-2012, 12:56 PM
Terrence Jones --- Teams passed on him might be thinking twice... he plays smart and can defend multp. positions which is rare for rooks....if he gets a jumper he is going to be tough cover at 6-9

eternal slumber
07-18-2012, 01:06 PM
its just summer league though. they might be good but they also might be a bust against real nba players.

i agree it's just the summer league, but at least you'll have an idea how they play. true, going against NBA players will be much different but they'll learn.

at least you know they have potential to be really solid to good NBA players.

eternal slumber
07-18-2012, 01:07 PM
Terrence Jones --- Teams passed on him might be thinking twice... he plays smart and can defend multp. positions which is rare for rooks....if he gets a jumper he is going to be tough cover at 6-9

Lamar Odom will be the first player to come in mind in comparing Jones versatility.

b@llhog24
07-18-2012, 01:12 PM
Lamar Odom will be the first player to come in mind in comparing Jones versatility.

I see him more as a consistent Boris Diaw.

sixers247
07-18-2012, 01:13 PM
More like Thad Young

b@llhog24
07-18-2012, 01:16 PM
More like Thad Young

If you're talking about White, Thad doesn't possess the passing ability that Royce does. Lol its kind of funny but if you combined the two you'd have Magic Johnson. Efficient scoring, rebounding, ability to play multiple positions and great vision.

Red Hot Rolllin
07-18-2012, 04:14 PM
Rockets draft is looking pretty tight... picked nicely

def see the Jones - Odom comparisons

GH19
07-18-2012, 04:24 PM
PJ3 looked good the times I saw him in action. You just hope the kids knees won't be a problem and he stays healthy.

clydebino
07-18-2012, 04:26 PM
Remember when Curry was sucking it up in summer league then straight balled people outta there shoes? I think waiters will do the same. Plus I'm loving Royce White, wish the kings could find a way to get him.

clydebino
07-18-2012, 04:29 PM
PJ3 looked good the times I saw him in action. You just hope the kids knees won't be a problem and he stays healthy.

I don't think his knees will be a problem at all. Was he hurt at Baylor?

Gritz
07-18-2012, 04:50 PM
errrbody weak

Gritz
07-18-2012, 04:51 PM
Lakers rooks look like lost rookies...

Laker's summer league games looks like pick up games

omagicdon
07-18-2012, 06:41 PM
I saw bit of that lakers s#*$ and fell outta my chair....UNREAL!
All their talent is currently feedn mamba

alexander_37
07-18-2012, 07:10 PM

You never know, yea you get the summer league all stars who never translate to the NBA but some do.

THE GIPPER
07-18-2012, 07:21 PM
Terrence Ross is looking really good right now for Toronto he has 10 at the half with some nice D.

T-Rob is struggling for Sac. Doesnt look like a top 5 pick right now.

dalton749
07-18-2012, 07:27 PM
ed davis is locking up t rob but hes making good plays for the rest of his team.
terrence ross looking like a beast making some nice shot and a nasty dunk

Forever35
07-18-2012, 07:35 PM
All the pre-draft talk of this being a deep group could turn out pretty true... Taylor, Lamb, Crowder, Taylor, English, Miller, Sacre, O'Quinn, Green... These 2nd rounders could very well be solid NBA players... I think the 1st rounders speak for themselves...

Joker55
07-18-2012, 07:36 PM
Jimmy Butler from Chi town looks good.

chrism8188
07-18-2012, 07:50 PM
idk if austin rivers is holding back? hes doing so-so

ramz.n
07-18-2012, 07:59 PM
john henson was pretty impressive in his game..nice back to the basket game..if he can add on the needed weight and extend his range hes going to be a great player.

EaglePride615
07-18-2012, 08:10 PM
that big man for houston looks nice. foreigner, not sure how to spell his name though.

Forever35
07-18-2012, 08:55 PM
Jimmy Butler from Chi town looks good.

Butler isn't a rookie...

Roses
07-18-2012, 09:03 PM
Orlando Johnson is doing work.

raidersrock99
07-18-2012, 09:07 PM
robinson has struggled but you can tell he has talent just needs to get his feet under him and relax

raidersrock99
07-18-2012, 09:08 PM
Orlando Johnson is doing work.

ya **** pietrie