PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Calls David Stern's Age Restriction for the Olympics "stupid"

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-17-2012, 08:24 PM
http://espn.go.com/olympics/summer/2012/basketball/story/_/id/8175240/kobe-bryant-calls-david-stern-olympic-age-limit-concept-stupid-idea

MANCHESTER, England -- After saying in Las Vegas that he hopes NBA pros will continue to represent their countries in the Olympics, Kobe Bryant voiced his dismay with the 23-and-under concept floated by NBA commissioner David Stern in even stronger terms Tuesday when Team USA arrived in the United Kingdom ahead of London 2012.

Speaking at an appearance at the town hall in Manchester not long after the Americans reached British soil via an overnight flight after Monday night's exhibition victory over Brazil in Washington, D.C., Bryant branded Stern's proposal to restrict the NBA's Olympic involvement to players aged 23 and younger as "stupid."

"It's a stupid idea," Bryant told local reporters at the reception to welcome them to Manchester in advance of Thursday night's exhibition game here against Team Great Britain. "It should be a (player's) choice."

Asked how much he and his Team USA teammates have talked about Stern's proposal since getting together in Vegas on July 5, Bryant said: "Our discussion is this: Basically, it's just a dumb idea and we (discuss) it that way. ... We just discuss it like that (and) kind of voice our opinions through you (media) guys."

Bryant, subsequently, wasted no time getting comfortable with his new surroundings. Shortly after the town hall stop, Bryant and longtime personal skills guru Tim Grover were spotted strolling along the Deansgate strip of Manchester's city center in the company of a tour guide and a small security detail ... with Bryant decked out in full Team USA practice gear and stopping occasionally to snap pictures with excited fans who recognized him.

His comments about the Olympic age debate expounded upon sentiments Bryant shared during Team USA's recent week-plus stay in Vegas, where he was openly dismissive of the injury concerns frequently raised by NBA owners such as Dallas' Mark Cuban.

The Los Angeles Times quoted Bryant as saying, "I think that's the wrong way to look at things. If I'm an owner, I would want my player to play (internationally) because I understand that they're going to be playing anyway, going to be playing pickup basketball in the summertime, and I'm not going to be able to know where they are. They could be playing against a bunch of bums -- no, really -- guys that feel like they have something to prove and all of a sudden, a (star player) goes to the rim and a guy takes them out and now he's hurt.

"Here you're playing against the best guys, you have treatment around the clock, your (NBA) coaching staff can always come sit in the stands and view practice. To me, playing on an Olympic basketball team is actually better if you're an owner."

With Team USA poised to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the original Dream Team that captivated the world and changed international basketball forever at the Summer Games in Barcelona, Stern announced at the NBA Finals that the league needed to "step back and take stock of where we're going" in terms of sending its best and, often, most highly paid players to the Olympics.

The change Stern favors is switching to a system similar to that used in men's Olympic soccer -- which is a 23-and-under competition with three overage players allowed per country -- and allowing all NBA players to remain eligible for the quadrennial FIBA World Championship. That competition will be renamed the World Cup of Basketball in 2014 and, if eligibility changes also are made, theoretically sets up NBA owners to finally earn a share of revenues in return for allowing their top players to participate. At present, NBA teams get no revenue from the Olympic basketball tournament.

It's thus conceivable this summer's London Games might be the last time that Team USA is comprised of America's best NBAers, but Team USA chairman Jerry Colangelo is also resistant to the proposed changes.

"I don't want to change anything because I like what we have," Colangelo told the Times earlier this month. "We take care of our players and I think we do the right things.

"You need a lot of things to fall into place in order for all of this to happen. You need the cooperation and the votes and support of a lot of people. So when I hear something like this, I say it may happen. The real question is when. Is it '16, is it 2020? Don't know at this point. It's a long way from the finish line."

Injuries have been the major storyline for Team USA for months, thanks to a succession of serious setbacks during the lockout-compacted regular season that knocked London finalists Dwight Howard (back), Dwyane Wade (knee), Chris Bosh (abdominal muscle), LaMarcus Aldridge (knee) and Chauncey Billups (torn Achilles') off the roster before coach Mike Krzyzewski could hold a single practice in Vegas. Team USA then lost Blake Griffin to a re-aggravated knee injury that this week required arthroscopic surgery.

In Manchester, when asked if he understands the concerns of NBA owners, Bryant scoffed, saying such reservations are motivated by owners merely wanting "to protect their investments."

Team USA guard Chris Paul also appeared at the town hall event, dismissed concerns about his recent thumb injury during training camp and said in support of Bryant: "I heard about this a while ago and I was thankful they haven't thought about (Stern's proposal) now, because if they were, I wouldn't be able to play now because I'm 27 years old. I personally would like for it to be your own decision, because playing in an Olympics -- this will be my second -- is the greatest experience of my life.

"If you look at the track record for it, I can honestly say my best season in the NBA statistically was the 2008-09 season, which was after my first Olympics. You see guys, when they come back from playing on a team like this, they go into the new season with the ultimate confidence. We talk during the season, we talk about how tired we're going to be in the summer, but as soon as we all get out to Vegas, we're excited. We're ready to go -- it's on. It's better than being at home just working out and playing ball. You get to play against the best players in the world."

Sssmush
07-17-2012, 08:29 PM
Cuban and some others have lobbied strongly against using NBA stars in international basketball.

They consider international bball to be a competitor to the NBA, and wonder why they should give their best stars to a competing show.

I kind of get that on some level... although the Olympics should be something else probably, the world's best and all that.

NYSPORTSALLDAY
07-17-2012, 08:36 PM
Players have the right to represent their country.

DeadMemories
07-17-2012, 08:44 PM
Stern is stupid? Shocking.

StinkEye
07-17-2012, 08:44 PM
So the best way to promote basketball internationally is to not let your best players play?

stipe1280
07-17-2012, 08:49 PM
Agree with Kobe. Stern/owners...shut up, put the business aside and let these guys have a little pride and play for their countries.

SlimKid
07-17-2012, 08:54 PM
I agree with Kobe on this.. If you are good enough to play on your countries Olympic squad, it shouldn't matter how old you are.

StarvingKnick22
07-17-2012, 08:56 PM
wait, if KD is still 23 then we'll be fine

RB#20
07-17-2012, 09:09 PM
Good job for saying this Kobe. He's 1 of only a handful of players that can get away with saying this.

SpaceJamJordans
07-17-2012, 09:14 PM
The NBA shouldn't even have anything to do with the Olympics

Baller33
07-17-2012, 09:19 PM
Stern is an idiot, there will be no point to watch team usa anymore

Zefflin
07-17-2012, 09:41 PM
Kobe's right

Losoway
07-17-2012, 09:50 PM
i agree with letting star players represent there country in the olympics .

we are the best and we have to remind people by destorying them ^_^

chrism8188
07-17-2012, 09:57 PM
players choice to represent their homeland, dont take that away. esspecially when they play for ppl in the armed forces.

Hellcrooner
07-17-2012, 10:01 PM
I wonder what would Ferederal COURT say about Stern wanting to limit the ability of american citizens ( and other countrys citizens) to represent the U.S.A

its a tough call because its a complete clash between the right of Freedom vs the Rights for Private property.

lakersrock
07-17-2012, 10:04 PM
Has nobody else figured out Kobe is using Phil mind tricks on everyone?

He said they'd beat the Dream Team and this to deflect the spotlight off of the current team. Heck, he even talked about the rape.

Kobe never goes this far out of his way to talk to the media. It's all a ploy and everyone is biting.

Rentzias
07-18-2012, 01:49 PM
I'm thinking Stern doesn't really care much as to the success of the Olympic team. My guess is that he wants to market the 23-and-under players to a global audience as well. The 23 and over stars, Kobe, Bron, Wade, D12, Melo, are already pretty well established in terms of marketability. If he gets his way, then he's able to introduce his next crop of stars to the international audience, and by the time they peak and are over the age limit, he's working on his next crop, and also reducing wear and tear on the older stars.
Feels like a long-term view of sustaining NBA marketability globally.

rhino17
07-18-2012, 02:00 PM
stern is a dumbass

Chavacano
07-18-2012, 02:09 PM
Kobe's right.

Scooby-Doo
07-18-2012, 02:11 PM
Kobe realizes that the only championship he can win at this point is the one at the Olympics.

BKLYNpigeon
07-18-2012, 02:16 PM
Olympics is a complete fraud to make money.

Think about the Billion of dollars the USA Olympics Committee makes from all of the Corporate sponsorship and TV rights. have you guys ever though about where that moneys goes??? the athletes get paid peanuts.

Mark Cuban has a right to be mad, every Owner does. The Owners are paying the salaries but the Olympics get to borrow the players for free without any accountability. Imagine If Blake Griffin's Knee Injury was more serious like a Micro-fracture injury... he just signed a Max contract. what happens then?

if you were an owner and writing the checks, you would say the same thing.

if the Olympics Basketball were 23 and under, The rule should apply to every country to make it even.

Chavacano
07-18-2012, 03:19 PM
Olympics is a complete fraud to make money.

Think about the Billion of dollars the USA Olympics Committee makes from all of the Corporate sponsorship and TV rights. have you guys ever though about where that moneys goes??? the athletes get paid peanuts.

Mark Cuban has a right to be mad, every Owner does. The Owners are paying the salaries but the Olympics get to borrow the players for free without any accountability. Imagine If Blake Griffin's Knee Injury was more serious like a Micro-fracture injury... he just signed a Max contract. what happens then?

if you were an owner and writing the checks, you would say the same thing.

if the Olympics Basketball were 23 and under, The rule should apply to every country to make it even.

The owners don't own the players outside of company time. So they can do whatever they want unless indicated in their contracts.

If the owners really don't want the players playing outside of company time then it should've been indicated in their contracts. :shrug:

The_Pharouh
07-18-2012, 03:26 PM
wait, if KD is still 23 then we'll be fine

Nope, He wants it the same way as Soccer ,which means only player who were born in January 1 1989 or after can compete in the Olympics

If this rule was applied in this Olympics USA would have a team with players like Harden,Irving,Griffin ,Davis etc

rhino17
07-18-2012, 03:28 PM
Nope, He wants it the same way as Soccer ,which means only player who were born in January 1 1989 or after can compete in the Olympics

Soccer allows 3 players over the age limit per team

BKLYNpigeon
07-18-2012, 03:29 PM
It will take one big injury in the Olympics and that Stipulation will be in every players contract.

The_Pharouh
07-18-2012, 03:29 PM
The owners don't own the players outside of company time. So they can do whatever they want unless indicated in their contracts.

If the owners really don't want the players playing outside of company time then it should've been indicated in their contracts. :shrug:

:clap:

CB29
07-18-2012, 03:33 PM
This is stupid though. Like every individual should have the right to compete for an Olympic gold medal. It's a huge honor. David Stern should have no jurisdiction to make that decision for anyone. That's absolutely stupid.

Chavacano
07-18-2012, 03:36 PM
It will take one big injury in the Olympics and that Stipulation will be in every players contract.

If the owners are dead serious about this then they shouldn't wait for that "one big injury" to happen.

BULLSFAN0810
07-18-2012, 03:46 PM
Its not stupid, it gives guys with little to no college exp the chance to learn from great teachers. Imo this improved the game of the nba. By having older guys there you may hurt the present state of basketball..its better for lbj to blow his knee in the nba compared to overseas, its better for your established stars to rest, and let they younger less established players participate because they needed that exposure. So I see the olympics as a super camp for the newbies on the verge of being viable nbs players.

Fnom11
07-18-2012, 03:55 PM
Its not stupid, it gives guys with little to no college exp the chance to learn from great teachers. Imo this improved the game of the nba. By having older guys there you may hurt the present state of basketball..its better for lbj to blow his knee in the nba compared to overseas, its better for your established stars to rest, and let they younger less established players participate because they needed that exposure. So I see the olympics as a super camp for the newbies on the verge of being viable nbs players.

The 92 Dream Team did more for the NBA than all of the other teams combined.

AKAYaReal
07-18-2012, 03:56 PM
In the end, its about the owners viewing this as a business and the players are their investment. We are not talking about role players but players that are the stars or very important piece on a team.

Now I do agree that if it is not in the contract that players sign, then allow them to rep their team in the Olympics.

Now if a player is a FA, then Stern has no say in the matter be it restricted or not.

I do understand both sides on this even though the owners side is more about protecting their investments and nothing more.

Hellcrooner
07-18-2012, 03:59 PM
They simply should reach an agreement with Olympic Comitee and fiba similar to the one the soccer leageus have with Fifa.
Fifa and teh national federations of the sport pay the Insurance for injurys.

BULLSFAN0810
07-18-2012, 04:10 PM
The 92 Dream Team did more for the NBA than all of the other teams combined.

And I agree... And they dIdd their duty, spread Bball. Otherwise, we should save A listers for times when we need to re prove dominance , otherwise we need to pay them more.

GH19
07-18-2012, 04:50 PM
I though Stern wanted to do this because he and the owners wanted to implement a basketball version of the World Cup?

passittome
07-18-2012, 07:37 PM
I Can sort of agree with this idea but reversed. The Olympics have no age restriction and the Fiba (world cup) be under 25. I think it was a great experience for westbrook, rose, durant, etc. To win gold at fiba 2010. but for the Olympics people want to see lebron kobe paul etc household names that go with the mcdonalds and Nike corporate commercials. Fiba can bring attention to up and comers from USA and top college recruits and introduce them to international game and get a summer of spotlight at international level. Also will help them mature faster (or so it seemed to for the past team)

2012 fiba - irving, Davis, monroe, mkg, n. Noel, shAbazz etc and "vets" westBrook and harden?

Sssmush
07-18-2012, 08:28 PM
So the best way to promote basketball internationally is to not let your best players play?

Well, what happens is this:

The foreign officials, who often come from these European countries and are potentially controlled or influenced by the Olympic governing bodies and international basketball, can have a huge effect on the games.

Plus the international rules are different.

Then you get into a one game crapshoot against a European or South American team that has 4 or 5 good NBA players plus 4 or 5 insane spot up shooters plus a big man that is getting calls from the referees everytime somebody touches him.

And you've got the referees making it extra hard on you because, hey, you're the "dream team."

Then if that team (or one of the 8 teams or whatever you have to play) has a hot shooting night, say 65% from the field, then you lose, and then they go crazy and say "see, NBA basketball isn't that great. The international players are better."

The fact that it's one game makes it more about luck. In order for the NBA players to dominate, to win every championship to "show" that they're the best (clearly the have the best players) they have to win 8 games in a row without a loss.

In other words, it's like an 8 game series against different combinations of euro and NBA players, often all stars, and unless you sweep 8-0, everytime, every year, then that's it, Euro basketball has now surpassed the NBA, which isn't good for business.

If you're the NBA you have to SWEEP every olympics 8-0 or 12-0 or whatever, otherwise you've lost and failed. And we all know that it is very possible for a team to lose a single game against a far worse team, if the other team has a great shooting night or whatever, and if the refs are helping them out.

So, with all the BS, why even send the top NBA players? Why go totally nuclear just to make sure we ALWAYS sweep 12-0 every year, be so dominant that there is no margin of error whatsoever, like go 100-0 against the competition over the next 10 olympics or whatever?

It's not necessary, and I don't even see why they care. It only becomes an issue when we send the best players, then it could be an embarassment.

Just send the JV squad, just send the college players, top high school players and 1st or 2nd year NBA rookies. They can take coaching better anyway, and handle the extra workouts and schedules.

Kobe's wrong on this one.

Hellcrooner
07-18-2012, 09:19 PM
I Can sort of agree with this idea but reversed. The Olympics have no age restriction and the Fiba (world cup) be under 25. I think it was a great experience for westbrook, rose, durant, etc. To win gold at fiba 2010. but for the Olympics people want to see lebron kobe paul etc household names that go with the mcdonalds and Nike corporate commercials. Fiba can bring attention to up and comers from USA and top college recruits and introduce them to international game and get a summer of spotlight at international level. Also will help them mature faster (or so it seemed to for the past team)

2012 fiba - irving, Davis, monroe, mkg, n. Noel, shAbazz etc and "vets" westBrook and harden?

funny thing is outsde usa people values more the world cup than the olympics ( more teams, more quality more difficult to win).

Hellcrooner
07-18-2012, 09:22 PM
Well, what happens is this:

The foreign officials, who often come from these European countries and are potentially controlled or influenced by the Olympic governing bodies and international basketball, can have a huge effect on the games.

Plus the international rules are different.

Then you get into a one game crapshoot against a European or South American team that has 4 or 5 good NBA players plus 4 or 5 insane spot up shooters plus a big man that is getting calls from the referees everytime somebody touches him.

And you've got the referees making it extra hard on you because, hey, you're the "dream team."

Then if that team (or one of the 8 teams or whatever you have to play) has a hot shooting night, say 65% from the field, then you lose, and then they go crazy and say "see, NBA basketball isn't that great. The international players are better."

The fact that it's one game makes it more about luck. In order for the NBA players to dominate, to win every championship to "show" that they're the best (clearly the have the best players) they have to win 8 games in a row without a loss.

In other words, it's like an 8 game series against different combinations of euro and NBA players, often all stars, and unless you sweep 8-0, everytime, every year, then that's it, Euro basketball has now surpassed the NBA, which isn't good for business.

If you're the NBA you have to SWEEP every olympics 8-0 or 12-0 or whatever, otherwise you've lost and failed. And we all know that it is very possible for a team to lose a single game against a far worse team, if the other team has a great shooting night or whatever, and if the refs are helping them out.

So, with all the BS, why even send the top NBA players? Why go totally nuclear just to make sure we ALWAYS sweep 12-0 every year, be so dominant that there is no margin of error whatsoever, like go 100-0 against the competition over the next 10 olympics or whatever?

It's not necessary, and I don't even see why they care. It only becomes an issue when we send the best players, then it could be an embarassment.

Just send the JV squad, just send the college players, top high school players and 1st or 2nd year NBA rookies. They can take coaching better anyway, and handle the extra workouts and schedules.

Kobe's wrong on this one.

short version, as opposed to 1992 usa has no chance of being assured of winning the gold because the world is catching up so basically the nba if they want to keep the reputation of being the best of the best has more to LOSE on olympics than to Win, so stern is chikening out.
And dont get me started with the refing, if anything they BENEFIT team usa ( see howard parked in the zone and continuous no calls on their travelings).

Sssmush
07-18-2012, 11:43 PM
short version, as opposed to 1992 usa has no chance of being assured of winning the gold because the world is catching up so basically the nba if they want to keep the reputation of being the best of the best has more to LOSE on olympics than to Win, so stern is chikening out.
And dont get me started with the refing, if anything they BENEFIT team usa ( see howard parked in the zone and continuous no calls on their travelings).

eh, we can nitpick about the reffing, I just know that one year when they lost to Greece or whatever, the reffing was ridiculous. There was this one super-hairy 6'5" Greek guy playing center and he shot like 37 free throws or something.

It's true though, what you say, the NBA has much more to lose. Everybody knows the NBA players are the best, but the international leagues want to say "see, the NBA players are GOOD, but we are ALMOST as good, they are just barely better."

Whereas the reality is that it's a HUGE difference between the NBA and international or euro league competition. Vast difference.

But like I said, the Olympic or Worlds format requires you to basically sweep an 8 or 12 game series, under international rules, with international referees.

Since the international game is often predicated on outside shooting, even the best "dream team" is eventually going to lose some games, even if they only ever lose 5% of their games, they will still lose sometimes just because teams will hit a high percentage of shots sometimes. And when they lose a game, then the euro leagues will try to make a big deal out of it.

It really shouldn't matter, and there's really no reason to send our best players. Like right now coach K has the program set up with outstanding perimeter defenders, so they can challenge every shot from 24 feet inside, they are throwing ridiculous amount of talent at this that they don't need to beat these teams.

Right now they are on like a 40 game win streak or something in International competition, including the 2008 olympics, if I'm not mistaken.

So, that's the equivalent of sweeping the NBA playoffs for 3 years in a row without losing a game. And then totally stacking your team, so that you can never even lose one single game, because losing one single game is seen as a massive failure and defeat.

The 23 and unders are fine, or just take a team with no all stars, or something like that. What they really need is coaching and system, work for open shots, defend in the backcourt, contest outside shots, like that.

Corey
07-18-2012, 11:55 PM
I'm with Kobe.

It makes no sense to set an age restriction. The Olympics are supposed to be the best athletes competing against each other. If a player wants to play, he should be able to make that choice for himself.

Hellcrooner
07-19-2012, 12:39 AM
eh, we can nitpick about the reffing, I just know that one year when they lost to Greece or whatever, the reffing was ridiculous. There was this one super-hairy 6'5" Greek guy playing center and he shot like 37 free throws or something.

It's true though, what you say, the NBA has much more to lose. Everybody knows the NBA players are the best, but the international leagues want to say "see, the NBA players are GOOD, but we are ALMOST as good, they are just barely better."

Whereas the reality is that it's a HUGE difference between the NBA and international or euro league competition. Vast difference.

But like I said, the Olympic or Worlds format requires you to basically sweep an 8 or 12 game series, under international rules, with international referees.

Since the international game is often predicated on outside shooting, even the best "dream team" is eventually going to lose some games, even if they only ever lose 5% of their games, they will still lose sometimes just because teams will hit a high percentage of shots sometimes. And when they lose a game, then the euro leagues will try to make a big deal out of it.

It really shouldn't matter, and there's really no reason to send our best players. Like right now coach K has the program set up with outstanding perimeter defenders, so they can challenge every shot from 24 feet inside, they are throwing ridiculous amount of talent at this that they don't need to beat these teams.

Right now they are on like a 40 game win streak or something in International competition, including the 2008 olympics, if I'm not mistaken.

So, that's the equivalent of sweeping the NBA playoffs for 3 years in a row without losing a game. And then totally stacking your team, so that you can never even lose one single game, because losing one single game is seen as a massive failure and defeat.

The 23 and unders are fine, or just take a team with no all stars, or something like that. What they really need is coaching and system, work for open shots, defend in the backcourt, contest outside shots, like that.

The fun thing is that Nba shouldnt count it as a Lose situation because the truth is most teams that can defeat them are indeed FILLED with nba players.

Angola is not going to defeat usa.

If it happens it will be Spain or France or brazil or argentian, with 10 out of 12 players who either are already/have been/ will be nba or have indeed nba talent.

passittome
07-19-2012, 01:58 AM
funny thing is outsde usa people values more the world cup than the olympics ( more teams, more quality more difficult to win).

are you referring to world cup of soccer or the soon to be fiba world cup of basketball? world cup of soccer brings nations together because usually the talent is spread throughout euro, s. america and the world. soccer is international with top players rooney, messi, neymar, ronaldo all from different countries. Majority of top basketball talent is already concentrated in USA. The olympics is our biggest source of national pride in international sports. I would think Americans expect to dominate the sport that "we created." much like england used to expect to dominate soccer.

Hellcrooner
07-19-2012, 02:55 AM
are you referring to world cup of soccer or the soon to be fiba world cup of basketball? world cup of soccer brings nations together because usually the talent is spread throughout euro, s. america and the world. soccer is international with top players rooney, messi, neymar, ronaldo all from different countries. Majority of top basketball talent is already concentrated in USA. The olympics is our biggest source of national pride in international sports. I would think Americans expect to dominate the sport that "we created." much like england used to expect to dominate soccer.
I was refering to the world cup of basketball, that is played each 4 years, usa is the current champion.

Sssmush
07-19-2012, 03:02 AM
The fun thing is that Nba shouldnt count it as a Lose situation because the truth is most teams that can defeat them are indeed FILLED with nba players.

Angola is not going to defeat usa.

If it happens it will be Spain or France or brazil or argentian, with 10 out of 12 players who either are already/have been/ will be nba or have indeed nba talent.

I suppose that is true.

And the players seem to enjoy it, and it is a good show. So, maybe Kobe is right about this and Stern is wrong. Just let the players play; that has a good sound to it. Party on at the Olympics!

DitchDat
07-19-2012, 03:14 AM
Because it is stupid...

omagicdon
07-19-2012, 05:18 AM
Great points for both arguments(playn alstars in olymps or not)
I say throw d-leauge or less calibre type plaeyrs,college boys,heck I'm sure kentucky would do well,am I wrong?
But the kobester nailed it...I live 2 miles from rdv sportsplex(orlando)these guys play pickup games all sumer,I've had some friends play pickup w/ some bench players for MAGIC and these are regular guys that Would LOVE to be able to walk back over to ea sports (next door) or charles schwab(also) and s aaaay they just took a charge from so and so or whatev.....somthn you know...
Or even worse somewhere even less mainstream for just a pickup game and BAM a silly unrecorded injury.a least in olympics its equal medical care and VERY supervised etc
I wouldn't put it past a croatian no namer to hack a allstar to get on espn but what do i Know

Aust
07-19-2012, 07:02 AM
It is a stupid idea. It's the OLYMPICS! How selfish and petty would they be to not allow their players, players who want to patriotically play for their country to be restricted.

Ridiculous.

thenaj17
07-19-2012, 07:25 AM
Oh so what should olympics do next? Not allow 100m sprinters over the age of 23? Rowers not allowed over 25? No swimmers over the age of 18? Stern is being a douche and it isn't his place to say.