PDA

View Full Version : Daryl Morey

SteveNash
07-17-2012, 05:58 PM
Worst GM in the league?

End of the stat era?

This guy has easily had one of the worst off seasons of all time and it's looking like it will get a whole lot worse. Biggest free agent signings will be two backup players who were vastly overpaid. Best hope is they can give up the rest of their goods players for a 1 year rental on Dwight.

Guy has done nothing, of note, but find some diamonds in the rough. He's an inferior Isiah Thomas without Dolan's checkbook.

EastNYLos
07-17-2012, 06:00 PM
i agree

rockets-fan
07-17-2012, 06:02 PM
You sir know nothing about the Houston Rockets if you think this is a bad off season...

So let me get this straight...you rather have him stay in 9th/10th place in the west another year? If thats what you would do thank god your not a GM.

He is either getting a big name player (Howard) OR rebuilding through the draft if we dont get Howard. Either is better than our current situation, so no he has not had a bad off season. Maybe to fans that aren't Rockets fans this seems bad, but to us loyal fans that keep up with the team...We are glad moves are being made.

WhiteSoxGod
07-17-2012, 06:05 PM
You sir know nothing about the Houston Rockets if you think this is a bad off season...

So let me get this straight...you rather have him stay in 9th/10th place in the west another year? If thats what you would do thank god your not a GM.

He is either getting a big name player (Howard) OR rebuilding through the draft if we dont get Howard. Either is better than our current situation, so no he has not had a bad off season. Maybe to fans that aren't Rockets fans this seems bad, but to us loyal fans that keep up with the team...We are glad moves are being made.

LOL yeah he is a moron if he thinks Morey has had a bad off-season. I think people are more obsessed with Daryl Morey than Rockets fans. I think most Rockets fans can agree we love what Morey is doing.

WHY IS THIS IN THE NBA FORUM. THIS IS LITERALLY A TROLLING POST MEANT TO CREATE ARGUMENTS NOT DEBATE!! A MOD SHOULD CLOSE THIS AND BAN THIS FOOL FROM LIFE FOR LIFE!!

tr3ymill3r
07-17-2012, 06:05 PM
Sounds like someone is upset that their star player wants to leave and if he stays still won't show up.

VladTheImpaler
07-17-2012, 06:10 PM
LOL yeah he is a moron if he thinks Morey has had a bad off-season. I think people are more obsessed with Daryl Morey than Rockets fans. I think most Rockets fans can agree we love what Morey is doing.

WHY IS THIS IN THE NBA FORUM. THIS IS LITERALLY A TROLLING POST MEANT TO CREATE ARGUMENTS NOT DEBATE!! A MOD SHOULD CLOSE THIS AND BAN THIS FOOL FROM LIFE FOR LIFE!!

Meh, it fits. Morey's been hyped up as a "genius" despite not really doing that much.

LongIslandIcedZ
07-17-2012, 06:12 PM
He's certainly not a 'genius' imo. Having said that, he obviously got a couple of plans to work with. Better to judge when the season starts.

bootleg42
07-17-2012, 06:17 PM
Morey has had a terrible offseason because he knows the big stars aren't going to Houston. Therefore he is desperate.

They'll be 9th-10th-11th seed every years for the next 4-6 years. What he's doing will not matter.

SteveNash
07-17-2012, 06:20 PM

If he wants to rebuild why even go after a 1 year rental for Howard?

The lockout season after Yao's retirement should have been the year to tank. Rockets will still have enough solid role players to land them in 9th/10th place again, with a weak draft class and even if the ping pong balls bounce their way they don't seem like they'll get much better.

This is more than just Morey, it's about the analytics in general and what role they should play in basketball.

Chronz
07-17-2012, 06:20 PM
LOL not even close. He was brought in with Tmac and Yao as the foundation, he provided a cast that couldnt win **** without those 2 playing into a competitive team with or without, and he did this with late picks, low resources while being crippled with their salaries. Imagine if he had an actual centerpiece.

Now hes gotten the Rockets out of the 9th seed and will either rebuild through the draft or land a star with his vast collection of moveable assets and cap space.

Hes done a brilliant job this off-season

rockets-fan
07-17-2012, 06:21 PM
Morey has had a terrible offseason because he knows the big stars aren't going to Houston. Therefore he is desperate.

They'll be 9th-10th-11th seed every years for the next 4-6 years. What he's doing will not matter.

No we will either be a top contender if we get dwight and land other stars or a bottom 3 team in the NBA and draft stars. Either one is better than 9th/10th that we were in for the last 3 years. You been bitter for a while hating on the Rockets.

WhiteSoxGod
07-17-2012, 06:24 PM
I'm no longer responding to the MORONS that think Morey is a bad GM and I suggest other Rockets fans do too. These are the same people who do not understand the CBA or the analysis of the game in general. I mean you can't argue with an idiot.

Chronz
07-17-2012, 06:24 PM
If he wants to rebuild why even go after a 1 year rental for Howard?
He may have no choice but to stay if not he may be a superior asset moving forward, worst case scenario, he leaves and the Rockets get to rebuild proper. Its a worth risk taking for a bigman like Dwight.

The lockout season after Yao's retirement should have been the year to tank. Rockets will still have enough solid role players to land them in 9th/10th place again, with a weak draft class and even if the ping pong balls bounce their way they don't seem like they'll get much better.

Owner didnt want to rebuild. And if they have solid players, then how are Lin/Asik overpaid?

This is more than just Morey, it's about the analytics in general and what role they should play in basketball.
A Heavy one

TEXASTITAN
07-17-2012, 06:26 PM
Worst GM in the league?

End of the stat era?

This guy has easily had one of the worst off seasons of all time and it's looking like it will get a whole lot worse. Biggest free agent signings will be two backup players who were vastly overpaid. Best hope is they can give up the rest of their goods players for a 1 year rental on Dwight.

Guy has done nothing, of note, but find some diamonds in the rough. He's an inferior Isiah Thomas without Dolan's checkbook.

You are an uneducated troll plain and simple you know nothing about the man.

SteveNash
07-17-2012, 06:33 PM
He may have no choice but to stay if not he may be a superior asset moving forward, worst case scenario, he leaves and the Rockets get to rebuild proper. Its a worth risk taking for a bigman like Dwight.

Dwight's made it clear he wants no part of the Rockets and when he leaves what will the Rockets get back? Two late 1st rounders?

Owner didnt want to rebuild. And if they have solid players, then how are Lin/Asik overpaid?

They have solid players, not stars. Teams don't really want to take on a bunch of those types of players or they'll be stuck in mediocrity like Houston is now. They'll be able to trade these players for mid 1st rounders or some expiring contracts, not stars.

A Heavy one

Shouldn't that have to come with proven success?

You are an uneducated troll plain and simple you know nothing about the man.

Yes, I'm trolling the huge Houston fanbase on here. Like WhiteSoxGod, Whitesox, 49er, Rockets fan from Gainesville.

The fact is I'm dropping the cold hard reality, just like I've done to other teams.

b@llhog24
07-17-2012, 06:33 PM
:laugh2:

TEXASTITAN
07-17-2012, 06:36 PM
Howard isn't a rental contrary to what's been reported Howard will NOT leave 25 million on the table in one of the best tax brackets to sign with someone else. You know how many players have left their teams and the 25 extra million that only the team that had them could offer? NONE nobody has left that money to go to another team Houston's worst case scenario is he leaves VIA sign and trade because that's the ONLY way he leaves Houston in which case Houston gets everything they gave for him and then some from whoever gets him. Howard didn't bolt to Brooklyn when he had the chance he opted back in with Orlando for the money he ain't leaving 25 mill on the table to roll outta Houston.

TopsyTurvy
07-17-2012, 06:37 PM
That Clippers 'guy' is still much worse.

New York is hamstrung by Stat and Melo's deals. Short of blowing the team up, there was not much more they could do but re-invest into a team that has yet to show it can make big waves in the playoffs.

JEbin
07-17-2012, 06:39 PM
My biggest question about his moves is him letting Dragic walk for nothing and trading Lowry for a protected pick. Those guys could have netted quite a bit more IMO

SteveNash
07-17-2012, 06:40 PM
Howard isn't a rental contrary to what's been reported Howard will NOT leave 25 million on the table in one of the best tax brackets to sign with someone else. You know how many players have left their teams and the 25 extra million that only the team that had them could offer? NONE nobody has left that money to go to another team Houston's worst case scenario is he leaves VIA sign and trade because that's the ONLY way he leaves Houston in which case Houston gets everything they gave for him and then some from whoever gets him. Howard didn't bolt to Brooklyn when he had the chance he back in with Orlando for the money he ain't leaving 25 mill on the table to roll outta Houston.

If state taxes were a huge issue why would Howard want to go from Flordia to NY with one of highest rates?

Howard will get his way when he's a FA. If the Rockets try to hardball him, they'll be blackballed by NBA players and their agents, Morey isn't that stupid.

AWC713
07-17-2012, 06:41 PM
im so sick of people hating on morey. he gets value from every move he makes.

trades a second round pick for scola
drafter aaron brooks #26, traded him for goran dragic AND a first round pick
bought second round picks for chase budinger and carl landry. traded landry for kevin martin, traded budinger for a 1st round pick.

he's made one mistakes thus far...and that was signing ariza (later traded for courtney lee)

these are not all the moves he had made, rather just ones of the top of my head.

if it werent morey, another GM wouldve been heralded for landing jeremy lamb, terrance jones and royce white in the nba draft. all three are tearing up the SL right now.

BSardogan
07-17-2012, 06:43 PM
Hahaha. :bang: :facepalm: Please do not ever again post anything about a team you know nothing about. You deserve a ban for ignorance and for just flat out stupidity.

Lin, Lamb, Parsons, Montiejunas, White and Jones are all potential future all-stars. Morris, Machado and Leuer all seem to have a decent ceiling as well.

This roster going to be a bottom 10 team next year which guarantees a great draft pick, and then there's Toronto's guaranteed lotto pick and a future Dallas pick.

Cap space: Houston can pretty much offer 2 max contracts next season, they could trade for Dwight now if they'd want to, our wait for Bynum to hit Free Agency and throw a max at him. İmagine Lin, Lamb, Parsons, Montie & Bynum next year. OKC-potential right there.

Tell me now, how many teams in the league now have a brighter future than that?

They let go of Dragic because he wanted around 8m a year and Lowry because he was being cocky. Instead they got a guaranteed lottery pick, (most likely) got Lin for the same cash who is a lot more marketable than both of those guys, could easily have a higher ceiling and is an amazing fit to play alongside Jeremy Lamb.

Morey cant help finishing with 9th seed Every single year, yet he has done an amazing job at evaluating draft talent at that spot. Not to mention his 2nd round picks Chase Budinger, and Chandler Parsons who has been one of the biggest steals in the league of the past few years.

Hes also Always pursued the big names in Free Agency. Fact is that Houston doesnt have the appeal of New York or Miami, especially not to the current spotlight-horny divas that form their Big Threes or fantastic fours in LA, NY or Miami.

Now tell me wtf you would have done if you were in Moreys shoes, and if you are so good at this GM-crap why you havent been hired by any NBA teams yet.

TEXASTITAN
07-17-2012, 06:43 PM
You're clearly upset that Howard is leaving step off the ledge kid.

SteveNash
07-17-2012, 06:45 PM
im so sick of people hating on morey. he gets value from every move he makes.

trades a second round pick for scola
drafter aaron brooks #26, traded him for goran dragic AND a first round pick
bought second round picks for chase budinger and carl landry. traded landry for kevin martin, traded budinger for a 1st round pick.

he's made one mistakes thus far...and that was signing ariza (later traded for courtney lee)

these are not all the moves he had made, rather just ones of the top of my head.

if it werent morey, another GM wouldve been heralded for landing jeremy lamb, terrance jones and royce white in the nba draft. all three are tearing up the SL right now.

What about the time he waived Jeremy Lin just so he could overpay him the following offseason.

JEbin
07-17-2012, 06:46 PM
I think he's made a lot of good moves, don't get me wrong. But like a previous poster said, you traded aaron brooks and a 1st round pick for dragic for a year and a half rental, then let him walk. Why not match phoenix and force a S&T or even better trade him last year?

But yea, I think everyone is overreacting to this offseason. They needed to retool and have done a good job this stockpiling prospects/cap space.

Also, wasn't lowry the center piece of the supposed Gasol trade? They surely could have gotten better than a lottery protected pick for him.

brandt
07-17-2012, 06:49 PM

The off season just started dude. What big stars were available this year? You are dumber than the guy that started this thread. 9th, 10th, 11th seed for the next 4 to 6 years? You need to do your research pal. You obviously have no idea how many options the Rockets have, in order to be able to get not only that one big star, but atleast 2. Maybe not this year but definitely by the next.

Chronz
07-17-2012, 06:51 PM
Dwight's made it clear he wants no part of the Rockets and when he leaves what will the Rockets get back? Two late 1st rounders?
To my knowledge hes only made it known he wants to be in Brooklyn. Thats not going to happen without a trade.

They have solid players, not stars.
Lin and Asik are getting paid as such.

Teams don't really want to take on a bunch of those types of players or they'll be stuck in mediocrity like Houston is now. They'll be able to trade these players for mid 1st rounders or some expiring contracts, not stars.
I dont see a mediocre team with this cast, I see a bottom dweller with some nice young pieces moving forward. And if he somehow manages to get a near playoff team with this cast then at least he did so on a minuscule salary with more potential moving forward with all their cap space and prospects.

Shouldn't that have to come with proven success?
It has.

AWC713
07-17-2012, 06:51 PM
What about the time he waived Jeremy Lin just so he could overpay him the following offseason.

okay. fine. second mistake. but EVERY GM made that mistake. EVERYONE could have had him. at least the rockets were the team that picked him up. morey is very, very good at scouting talent. chandler parsons is a perfect example.

oak2455
07-17-2012, 06:52 PM
hopefully Lin brings them some fans... because they were saying during home games they couldnt sell out, and would have ppl come from the upper seats to fill the lower ones....but I guess there ok :)

BSardogan

Hahaha :clap: The guy posted 5 paragraphs on things that Morey has been doing right, and you come up with that weak crap as a response.

Yea, just about the whole league passed up on Lin. No one knew that the guy could play the way he did. But you do understand the concept of marketing, I hope. And you do realize Linsaniy took over world-wide? Even here in Europe we heard all about Lin on the news and stuff, let alone the Chinese market of 1.5 billion that loved Yao Ming as a Rocket, and now love Lin.

Houston will have earned back that 25m by the time this offseason is over.

Chronz
That Clippers 'guy' is still much worse.

New York is hamstrung by Stat and Melo's deals. Short of blowing the team up, there was not much more they could do but re-invest into a team that has yet to show it can make big waves in the playoffs.

Who did the Clippers sign, or your talking about Portlands new GM?

brandt
07-17-2012, 06:54 PM

Really? I bet you anything you were one of those people that trashed the Rockets for picking him up in the first place becasue he sucked. If he had played nearly as well for the Rockets as he did for the Knicks, he never would have gotten waived.

JEbin
07-17-2012, 06:55 PM
Stop giving into the trolls. Answer my freaking questions...geesh!

You guys complain about trolls but when I ask a legit question, nobody will respond

SteveNash
07-17-2012, 06:56 PM
Hahaha. :bang: :facepalm: Please do not ever again post anything about a team you know nothing about. You deserve a ban for ignorance and for just flat out stupidity.

Lin, Lamb, Parsons, Montiejunas, White and Jones are all potential future all-stars. Morris, Machado and Leuer all seem to have a decent ceiling as well.

Are you talking about D League All stars?

This roster going to be a bottom 10 team next year which guarantees a great draft pick, and then there's Toronto's guaranteed lotto pick and a future Dallas pick.

bottom 10 isn't enough to guarantee some great player.

Cap space: Houston can pretty much offer 2 max contracts next season, they could trade for Dwight now if they'd want to, our wait for Bynum to hit Free Agency and throw a max at him. İmagine Lin, Lamb, Parsons, Montie & Bynum next year. OKC-potential right there.

OKC potential? Best case scenario is they land CP3 and Bynum in 2013, and then they have to pray they'll stay healthy long enough to make a run while surrounding them with Lamb and Parsons?

Tell me now, how many teams in the league now have a brighter future than that?

Celtics, Nets, KNicks, Sixers, Raptors, Bulls, Cavs, Pistons, Pacers, Bucks, Hawks, Heat, Magic, Wizards, Mavs, Grizzlies, Hornets, Spurs, Nuggets, Timberwolves, Blazers, Thunder, Jazz, Warriors, Clippers, Lakers, Suns, and Kings.

They let go of Dragic because he wanted around 8m a year and Lowry because he was being cocky. Instead they got a guaranteed lottery pick, (most likely) got Lin for the same cash who is a lot more marketable than both of those guys, could easily have a higher ceiling and is an amazing fit to play alongside Jeremy Lamb.

They let Dragic go so they could overpay an inferior player in Lin that makes a lot of sense. And what's with your obsession with Lamb, that one game against Butler after G Time left?

Morey cant help finishing with 9th seed Every single year, yet he has done an amazing job at evaluating draft talent at that spot. Not to mention his 2nd round picks Chase Budinger, and Chandler Parsons who has been one of the biggest steals in the league of the past few years.

Isiah Thomas was a great drafter.

Hes also Always pursued the big names in Free Agency. Fact is that Houston doesnt have the appeal of New York or Miami, especially not to the current spotlight-horny divas that form their Big Threes or fantastic fours in LA, NY or Miami.

Or Boston??

Now tell me wtf you would have done if you were in Moreys shoes, and if you are so good at this GM-crap why you havent been hired by any NBA teams yet.

First day on the job I would have traded T-Mac. I haven't been hired because I'd make the other GMs look so bad Stern would have to penalize my team.

Tymathee
07-17-2012, 06:58 PM
I think he had a great off-season, got 4 good young players and he's trying to work out something for Dwight or somebody.

I think the rockets will be fine.

Chronz
I think he's made a lot of good moves, don't get me wrong. But like a previous poster said, you traded aaron brooks and a 1st round pick for dragic for a year and a half rental, then let him walk.
I dont see the problem, like you said they got a first rounder out of it and were able to turn Brooks (a player who didnt even play this year) into an extra year of Dragic.

Why not match phoenix and force a S&T or even better trade him last year?

It is odd that they didnt get a pick from Phoenix in a sign and trade if it was possible but I dont see whats wrong with letting him go.

Also, wasn't lowry the center piece of the supposed Gasol trade? They surely could have gotten better than a lottery protected pick for him.

Nah, Lowry was never involved but who knows what the offers were. Just remember that pick is protected both ways.

nickdymez
Worst GM in the league?

End of the stat era?

Hello Mr. Nash!! Welcome to L.A!!

JEbin
07-17-2012, 07:00 PM
I dont see the problem, like you said they got a first rounder out of it and were able to turn Brooks (a player who didnt even play this year) into an extra year of Dragic.

It is odd that they didnt get a pick from Phoenix in a sign and trade if it was possible but I dont see whats wrong with letting him go.

Nah, Lowry was never involved but who knows what the offers were. Just remember that pick is protected both ways.

Thank you, sir, for your response. I would not have paid dragic the money he eventually got from PHO.

What do you mean by "the pick is protected both ways" btw?

Chronz
07-17-2012, 07:01 PM
Really? I bet you anything you were one of those people that trashed the Rockets for picking him up in the first place becasue he sucked. If he had played nearly as well for the Rockets as he did for the Knicks, he never would have gotten waived.

He wasnt given a chance, the reason he was waived because they had guaranteed contracts in 3 pg's already. But anyone who disses Morey for that is truly moronic, NOBODY IN THE LEAGUE knew about Lin. The Knicks didnt even know, he didnt get to play until their hand was forced.

And Lin is still a question mark IMO, Morey is taking a gamble in both Asik and Lin.

Chronz
07-17-2012, 07:06 PM
Thank you, sir, for your response. I would not have paid dragic the money he eventually got from PHO.

What do you mean by "the pick is protected both ways" btw?
NVM, I guess it doesnt really matter but if Toronto makes the playoffs the Rockets dont get nor want the pick. Its mirrored protection. Its top3 protected in Y1 and Top2 protected the following year.

JEbin
07-17-2012, 07:07 PM
Thanks! I had only heard it was lottery protected, but top 3 makes it much more lucrative for the Rockets

brandt
07-17-2012, 07:07 PM
hopefully Lin brings them some fans... because they were saying during home games they couldnt sell out, and would have ppl come from the upper seats to fill the lower ones....but I guess there ok :)

Well, that's because they suck. They only finished 2 games above 500 last year. As a Rockets fan, with all of the options they have to get better, we can only pray that they do. It's almost garanteed that they won't be better than that this next season, but it's very likely they will the one after that.

SteveNash
07-17-2012, 07:09 PM

Nope, I was high on Lin before hand watching him in the summer league against John Wall.

smuffins353
07-17-2012, 07:14 PM
Daryl Morey is an awesome GM. Would take him over any other in the NBA. We either land Dwight (probably for cheap now that its leaking he is injured) or suck it up and get the #1 pick.

But once we get to that point where we are contending at least we will have

THE LINJA!!!

HOUSTON BOUND BABY!

torocan
07-17-2012, 07:16 PM
Morey never saw Lin work out.

When he picked Lin up off waivers, it was during the lockout. Lin never reached training camp, or worked out for him. He only had limited tape to go on.

He cut Lin prior to Lin hitting training camp to free up space for a Trade.

Lin was a low priority piece for the PG spot as he already had Lowry and Dragic, so he was cut.

Morey was the first to say on his twitter that he made a mistake, and if he knew Lin was that good, he would have cut half the roster to keep him.

Unlike alot of people, Morey isn't so proud to admit his errors.

MIT grad... there are NOT alot of people running around with a brain like his. And whatever you think about Morey, he KNOWS how to spot and develop PG talent.

And I hate Morey right now, but he deserves respect for outmaneouvering Grunwald.

valade16
07-17-2012, 07:18 PM
I think Morey did a lot of good things this season in terms of setting them up for future success but I must say that is tempered with the offers to Asik and Lin.

Those are gargantuanly huge contracts, that serve no real purpose in terms of tanking or improving for the future.

Kashmir13579
07-17-2012, 07:23 PM
Jeremy Lin will make Jeremy Lamb a perennial all-star. Quote me.

Chronz
07-17-2012, 07:25 PM
I think Morey did a lot of good things this season in terms of setting them up for future success but I must say that is tempered with the offers to Asik and Lin.

Those are gargantuanly huge contracts, that serve no real purpose in terms of tanking or improving for the future.
They arent that huge, and the key to rebuilding isnt to suck beyond belief, its to suck enough to get a good pick but have a young nucleus locked onto your team to grow with your draft pick(s). The Rockets have set themselves up to have multiple picks in the coming years, a nice cap cushion, and the possibility of a stud PG and defensive Anchor. Its a gamble for sure, but given their position the last few years its one thats worth taking.

astrosmaniac
07-17-2012, 07:26 PM
I think he's made a lot of good moves, don't get me wrong. But like a previous poster said, you traded aaron brooks and a 1st round pick for dragic for a year and a half rental, then let him walk. Why not match phoenix and force a S&T or even better trade him last year?

But yea, I think everyone is overreacting to this offseason. They needed to retool and have done a good job this stockpiling prospects/cap space.

It was dragic plus a first to Houston for brooks. Houston got a year an a half of superior play out of dragic while phx got a half season of brooks playing worse than dragic. We then used the pick to move up in last years draft to get D-Mo who should be The starting PF this year and has looked great in SL and Europe this past year. We couldn't force anything with dragic cause he was a UFA. He liked PHX offer better, not much we could do about that

b@llhog24
07-17-2012, 07:30 PM

Lamb has all-star potential even with Lin imo.

Kashmir13579
07-17-2012, 07:33 PM
Lamb has all-star potential even with Lin imo.

Yeah i know. Lamb's weakness is creating his own offense. He won't have to. Just wait and see bro, its going to be something to watch.

b@llhog24
07-17-2012, 07:36 PM
Yeah i know. Lamb's weakness is creating his own offense. He won't have to. Just wait and see bro, its going to be something to watch.

Lol well anybody who can make JJ look good, surely can work wonders with Lamb. :D

Chronz
07-17-2012, 07:37 PM

I doubt he ends up in Houston. Seriously, the Knicks have to match

waveycrockett
07-17-2012, 07:39 PM
Jeremy Lin is worse than Dragic and Lowry. Who replaces Scola? They dumped him for Salary not b/c he sucked. How are ppl saying these guys will contend?

chrism8188
07-17-2012, 07:42 PM
lol i didnt even read more than 3 posts, this is a troll thread, just because you dont make that big trade doesnt mean your trash, we got young players alot of picks and cap space. alot of things can happen. so what if you dont like it, hell i question his moves myself. thats why im not a gm, and thats why some of you guys that clearly know it all are not gm also.

chrism8188
07-17-2012, 07:47 PM
Jeremy Lin is worse than Dragic and Lowry. Who replaces Scola? They dumped him for Salary not b/c he sucked. How are ppl saying these guys will contend?

i hated this at first. scola one of the most hard working guys in the nba, without him houston woulda been bottom of the barrel. but to be truthfull, we need to move on, try new things with younger guys, if we suck o well, thats life, you have to take chances. there are stats that show Dragic and Lin are virtually the same except turnovers. which really counts, but hes young and can hopefully imporove. another gamble. u cant stay a 7-9th seed forever, take chances. comming from a rockets fan i never said they will contend but i am excited to see Jeremy Lamb evolve into a star, maybe even all star.

SouthSideRookie
07-17-2012, 07:51 PM
It was dragic plus a first to Houston for brooks. Houston got a year an a half of superior play out of dragic while phx got a half season of brooks playing worse than dragic. We then used the pick to move up in last years draft to get D-Mo who should be The starting PF this year and has looked great in SL and Europe this past year. We couldn't force anything with dragic cause he was a UFA. He liked PHX offer better, not much we could do about that

So Morey essentially turned Brooks(a pg) into D Mo. Now he trades Lowry for the Toronto pick which currently is a game-changer in the Howard negotiations. This could potentially end in (2 pg's) Brooks+Lowry= D MO and Howard..yeah, OVERRATED!

GiantsSwaGG
07-17-2012, 07:53 PM

Who cares?

GiantsSwaGG
07-17-2012, 07:54 PM
i doubt he ends up in houston. Seriously, the knicks have to match

y?

JEbin
07-17-2012, 07:57 PM

Thanks for the clarification!

I thought it was Brooks+1st round pick for Dragic.

GoLeafsGo
07-17-2012, 07:58 PM
While I agree that it was a bit moronic to overpay Lin, he has done nicely stockpiling draft picks. When he amnestied Scola, he pretty much said he's going to tank. So you have to figure he'll have a top 3 pick next year, if the Raptors don't make the playoffs, he'll have a another pick in the 5-14 range, and Dallas' 1st round pick next year. Not to mention all the cap room.

Houston will be a contender again in 3-4 years.

chrism8188
07-17-2012, 07:58 PM
Who cares?

hahahaha really

JerseyPalahniuk
07-17-2012, 08:01 PM
The same was said about Billy King only weeks ago. The same was said about Danny Ainge before the "Big 3" was formed. Months left. The accumulation of these young assets could be part of a distant plan for the trade deadline or next off-season as well if moves aren't made before the season starts. Patience, man.

Chronz
07-17-2012, 08:49 PM
y?

Its a gamble you would be dumb not to take.

Verbal Christ
07-17-2012, 09:16 PM
Dragic was an UFA. That means he can go where he wants mmkay. Rockets offered same exact deal minus a player option on the last year. Dragic liked PHX even missed it. How exactly did morey let him go? Player options hamstring the flexibility of future moves when said player is a tier 3 guy. Morey believes only legit superstars should have those options.

How was dragic head and shoulders better than Lin? They both went on similar runs and ended with close stats but you want to know how many game winners gogi hit? 0. Lin? One thing you can't teach is the ability to thrive under pressure. Add the loyal Asian rocket fans and its a home run.

What about the fact of the minimum salary apron? How are you gonna get there with a bunch of rookie contracts? Asik can come in and teach the youngsters how to play D and be professional. Seems to me people are just sore with Moreys tactics. He's pretty good at manipulating the cba and trusts his scouts to verify the quantifiable numbers he gathers on players.

In closing: hating is bad for your health.

Chronz
07-17-2012, 09:18 PM
I didnt realize he was UFA, that explains everything

noodle
07-17-2012, 09:19 PM
Joke

NBA-GMaster
07-17-2012, 09:35 PM
Just make the stupid 3 team trade with Lakers.. get Bynum + fillers (J.richardson and Duhon) for Martin, White or Jones, Patterson, Morris and 2 1st picks..

WhiteSoxGod
07-17-2012, 09:39 PM
Just so we are clear Daryl Morey traded Kevin Martin and Luis Scola for Pau Gasol. The damn commissioner FUQED US REAL BAD!!!!

chrism8188
07-17-2012, 09:51 PM
Just so we are clear Daryl Morey traded Kevin Martin and Luis Scola for Pau Gasol. The damn commissioner FUQED US REAL BAD!!!!

lol what? luis scola was amnestied and suns picked him up

Verbal Christ
07-17-2012, 09:52 PM
Just make the stupid 3 team trade with Lakers.. get Bynum + fillers (J.richardson and Duhon) for Martin, White or Jones, Patterson, Morris and 2 1st picks..

With the way all the rookies are playing why not just wait til next year and offer bynum a Max deal without losing any significant pieces or incurring albatross deals.

Next year two lottery picks plus cap space to sign 2 Max contracts PLUS hold in to this young group. Sounds nice. I like.

And morey is the worst GM in history? Lmao.

WhiteSoxGod
07-17-2012, 09:59 PM
lol what? luis scola was amnestied and suns picked him up

Come one man before you post research don't be a knicks fan.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/sam_amick/12/10/chris.paul/index.html

We had Pau Gasol last year but the Stern nixed it. You must not watch basketball or have just became a Rockets fan.

Vinylman
07-17-2012, 09:59 PM

no he didn't ... this supposed trade never happened

second, you gloss over the fact that dragic and picks was in the deal...

nice try though

As for Morey... who cares... he might "win" trades... last time i checked that doesn't win chips... there was a guy in Portland a couple of years ago who "won" alot of trades and was the darling of GM's. where is he now?

thats what i thought...

WhiteSoxGod
07-17-2012, 10:03 PM

nice try though

As for Morey... who cares... he might "win" trades... last time i checked that doesn't win chips... there was a guy in Portland a couple of years ago who "won" alot of trades and was the darling of GM's. where is he now?

thats what i thought...

It did happen then was nixed by the Comish. It WAS AGREED TO IT, IT WAS COMPLETE. THE TEAMS ALL HAD AGREED TO TERMS.

Yes Dragic and A PICK was included (uh last time I checked Dragic signed with the Suns so not a big deal) of course we would have kept Jeremy Lin and wouldn't have had to go through all this crap. Just wanted to mention it.

Like I said anyone who thinks Morey is a bad GM is a DUMBASS and does not know **** about basketball.

Vinylman
07-17-2012, 10:13 PM
It did happen then was nixed by the Comish. It WAS AGREED TO IT, IT WAS COMPLETE. THE TEAMS ALL HAD AGREED TO TERMS.

Yes Dragic and A PICK was included (uh last time I checked Dragic signed with the Suns so not a big deal) of course we would have kept Jeremy Lin and wouldn't have had to go through all this crap. Just wanted to mention it.

Like I said anyone who thinks Morey is a bad GM is a DUMBASS and does not know **** about basketball.

The supposed deal was never submitted to the league because of salary matching issues... this is a normal misconception of the uninformed... the lakers needed to take back around $3 million and the idea was to sign Jason Smith to a one year deal but he balked because he wanted multiple years....

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/24/report-wait-jason-smith-actually-killed-the-chris-paul-lakers-trade-pack-it-in-civilization-ends-here/

to be clear... the deal WAS NEVER SUBMITTED TO THE LEAGUE FOR APPROVAL

As a Laker fan i have no axe to grind and was equally disappointed with the Hornets decision... unfortunately, the myth that the league stopped the deal is just that A MYTH

Verbal Christ
07-17-2012, 10:13 PM

nice try though

thats what i thought...

Morey doesn't pass on Durant. That single move doomed that GM. What single move is going to doom morey? Giving Lin a 3 year deal at 8 per? Same for an elite defensive player? Rockets are way under the cap and that's a testament to the job morey has done after inheriting a team with two crippled Max guys in tmac and yao.

Give morey some top ten picks. He won't miss.

chrism8188
07-17-2012, 10:14 PM
Come one man before you post research don't be a knicks fan.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/sam_amick/12/10/chris.paul/index.html

We had Pau Gasol last year but the Stern nixed it. You must not watch basketball or have just became a Rockets fan.

oh naw, i thought u meant this season, as i read on i see you were making a point, but i do remeber that

mightybosstone
07-17-2012, 10:16 PM
Has anyone else noticed that 99 percent of the people starting Daryl Morey hate threads and talking **** about the guy are Knicks fans? I can't tell if they're pissed about Lin or still better about the Tracy McGrady deal where we stole Kevin Martin from Sacramento, dumped McGrady on them and then stole a first round pick.

Vinylman
07-17-2012, 10:22 PM
Morey doesn't pass on Durant. That single move doomed that GM. What single move is going to doom morey? Giving Lin a 3 year deal at 8 per? Same for an elite defensive player? Rockets are way under the cap and that's a testament to the job morey has done after inheriting a team with two crippled Max guys in tmac and yao.

Give morey some top ten picks. He won't miss.

Honestly, i could care less about the Rockets and Morey... i for one don't heap praise on people unless they get results... to date his teams have been below average

Did he have a "nice" draft this year... ok... i will give you that but future drafts will be alot thinner and unless you are drafting top 5 you rarely get that stud...

btw... who signed Scola to that big deall that they just amnestied?

Yeah... thats what i thought

WhiteSoxGod
07-17-2012, 10:22 PM
oh naw, i thought u meant this season, as i read on i see you were making a point, but i do remeber that

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, I just don't want my fellow Rockets fan basketball aptitude being put into question. OBVIOUSLY, I know we didn't trade for Gasol this year.

Chronz
07-17-2012, 10:23 PM
there was a guy in Portland a couple of years ago who "won" alot of trades and was the darling of GM's. where is he now?

So its Pritchard's fault that Oden and Roy were brittle?

Vinylman
07-17-2012, 10:27 PM
So its Pritchard's fault that Oden and Roy were brittle?

Oden yes... Roy no...

and again... who signed Roy to that massive extension?

that is what i thought...

The excuse making is hilarious... oden was a massive risk and not the right choice.... if you do a search on my posts b4 that draft you would see that i was EXTREMELY VOCAL on what a bad choice Oden would be.

If you guys want to suck GM's dicks then you gotta swallow when they **** up...

just sayin

WhiteSoxGod
07-17-2012, 10:27 PM
Honestly, i could care less about the Rockets and Morey... i for one don't heap praise on people unless they get results... to date his teams have have been below average

Did he have a "nice" draft this year... ok... i will give you that but future drafts will be alot thinner and unless you are drafting top 5 you rarely get that stud...

btw... who signed Scola to that big deall that they just amnestied?

Yeah... thats what i thought

ACTUALLY his teams have been above average. Every team has out-performed expectations. Morey puts players that out-perform and outwork their opponents.

Most couldn't name a starter on the Rockets last year and they still managed to have a winning record. Houston needs a superstar if not for Stern we would have Pau and maybe would have already added Dwight Howard.

Morey drafts well every year, that's not in question either.

And he was snatched up quicker than ****. We amnestied him to clear room to trade for a superstar. No one questions whether Scola was worth it. Just for the record, we got Scola for Vassillis Spanouliss (player whom said he was going back to Greece for life BEFORE being traded was just a salary add on) and a 2nd rd pick.

Vinylman
07-17-2012, 10:33 PM
ACTUALLY his teams have been above average. Every team has out-performed expectations. Morey puts players that out-perform and outwork their opponents.

Most couldn't name a starter on the Rockets last year and they still managed to have a winning record. Houston needs a superstar if not for Stern we would have Pau and maybe would have already added Dwight Howard.

Morey drafts well every year, that's not in question either.

And he was snatched up quicker than ****. We amnestied him to clear room to trade for a superstar. No one questions whether Scola was worth it. Just for the record, we got Scola for Vassillis Spanouliss (player whom said he was going back to Greece for life BEFORE being traded was just a salary add on) and a 2nd rd pick.

enjoy morey... the highlighted shuts down any educated discussion...

good luck in 2012/13 and beyond :clap:

no need to respond to my other post where i clearly showed no deal was ever sumbmitted to the NBA office for CP3

chrism8188
07-17-2012, 10:37 PM
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, I just don't want my fellow Rockets fan basketball aptitude being put into question. OBVIOUSLY, I know we didn't trade for Gasol this year.

"lol i didnt even read more than 3 posts" post #55 I go to the last page and see pau for kevin and luis and im like wtf lol im actually glad for that now, bc we still have martin to get something rather than a old gasol, we are a young team now, we didnt get anything for scola but we looking good with lots of assets, we are no way done, we have lots of work ahead of us.

KaganRS
07-17-2012, 10:48 PM
On a side note - I wish the Rockets would change their jerseys. I don't like the pattern on the sides.

Go back to yellow and red.

Verbal Christ
07-17-2012, 10:56 PM
Dude scola earned that contract. Unfortunately with a youth movement he was the odd guy out. Rockets are on the hook for less than 10 mill which again for a team under the cap not that big of a deal and one which will be gladly pay. Not sure if stretch provisions apply but it could cost an insignificant amount. So your apprehension stems from Luis scola the superstar. I'm with you. Ill miss his 2 inch vertical and granny shots but most of all ill miss his talent of going from freshly shaven to full out warewolf beard in one plane flight.

Sounds to me like you want someone to acknowledge you for saying oden was a bad pick. You were the only one who said that in the whole wide world.

:applause: good job bro!

If you want to be taken seriously you should inform yourself on the topic instead if cussing and pounding your chest. Just open another tab and welcome to the information age. Just sayin'

Oh wait it's supposed to be 'just what I thought '

Losoway
07-17-2012, 11:12 PM
yea he traded away all his assets .

i wonder what mchale is thinking

EDUTEXANS
07-17-2012, 11:13 PM
yall need to stop creating those stupid threads, it's the third or fourth talking about the same dumb stuff... did you know the offeseason isn't finished yet?

NYKGuY
07-17-2012, 11:17 PM
So now that Lin is going to Houston. Can someone please tell me what their roster is now? All I know is that they have half of the Knicks and they amnestied Scola. So who do they have?

I also know they are trying to make a run at Dwight, is that still going on?

THE MTL
07-17-2012, 11:19 PM
Morey is a fool. Thats why no one wanted to remain on the Rockets. Dragic left for less money lol. And Dwight said hell no to resigning wit them.

Also they can have fun paying Lin + Asik 30 million dollars in year 3 of the contract.

rhino17
07-17-2012, 11:23 PM
So now that Lin is going to Houston. Can someone please tell me what their roster is now? All I know is that they have half of the Knicks and they amnestied Scola. So who do they have?

I also know they are trying to make a run at Dwight, is that still going on?

PG: Jeremy Lin
SG: Jeremy Lamb
SF: Chandler Parsons
PF: Donatas Montejunas
C: Omer Asik

unleashthebeast
07-17-2012, 11:24 PM
They still have Kmart too right?

rhino17
07-17-2012, 11:26 PM
They still have Kmart too right?

yeah, but he'll be traded or ride the bench until he is traded

NYKGuY
07-17-2012, 11:27 PM

Thanks Rhino. I thought Bulls were going to match for Omer Asik?

Chronz
07-17-2012, 11:33 PM
Oden yes... Roy no...
What do you mean, Oden was injured but how do you predict these kind of injuries? Also Pritchard didnt stick with his statistical models, he went with old school thinking (go big) on that one.

and again... who signed Roy to that massive extension?

that is what i thought...

Prolly the same GM who safeguarded the contract with injury insurances. And I doubt people can predict how long he would have lasted.

The excuse making is hilarious... oden was a massive risk and not the right choice.... if you do a search on my posts b4 that draft you would see that i was EXTREMELY VOCAL on what a bad choice Oden would be.

If you guys want to suck GM's dicks then you gotta swallow when they **** up...

just sayin
Did your posts on Roy and Oden reveal their shelf life would be this short or did you just bring up their injury history?

keetyweedy
07-17-2012, 11:40 PM

didnt they say they had to release somebody before signing Asik to offer sheet?

EDUTEXANS
07-17-2012, 11:42 PM
Morey is a fool. Thats why no one wanted to remain on the Rockets. Dragic left for less money lol. And Dwight said hell no to resigning wit them.

Also they can have fun paying Lin + Asik 30 million dollars in year 3 of the contract.

:facepalm: check your facts before you start trolling

xnick5757
07-17-2012, 11:45 PM

Lin and asik will make 16 mil combined in their 3rd year bro, not 30 lmfao

rhino17
07-17-2012, 11:48 PM

they have about 10 crappy PFs they can release

EDUTEXANS
07-17-2012, 11:54 PM

we got a lot of non-guaranteed contracts, off the top of my head, Jon Leuer, John Brockman, Jerome Jordan, Shaun Livingston, Harrelson, and I must be forgetting someone

mightybosstone
07-17-2012, 11:54 PM
Lol. You're talking out of your ***. Dragic left because the Rockets wouldn't guarantee the fourth year of his contract. It wasn't the per year salary that was the problem, it was the fourth year that Morey wasn't interested in paying.

First off, Asik hasn't even signed the offer sheet yet. Second, they'll be paying $30 million IF the Bulls don't match, but annual total that counts on the cap would be about $16 million for both.

rockets-fan
07-18-2012, 12:07 AM
Are you talking about D League All stars?

bottom 10 isn't enough to guarantee some great player.

OKC potential? Best case scenario is they land CP3 and Bynum in 2013, and then they have to pray they'll stay healthy long enough to make a run while surrounding them with Lamb and Parsons?

Celtics, Nets, KNicks, Sixers, Raptors, Bulls, Cavs, Pistons, Pacers, Bucks, Hawks, Heat, Magic, Wizards, Mavs, Grizzlies, Hornets, Spurs, Nuggets, Timberwolves, Blazers, Thunder, Jazz, Warriors, Clippers, Lakers, Suns, and Kings.

They let Dragic go so they could overpay an inferior player in Lin that makes a lot of sense. And what's with your obsession with Lamb, that one game against Butler after G Time left?

Isiah Thomas was a great drafter.

Or Boston??

First day on the job I would have traded T-Mac. I haven't been hired because I'd make the other GMs look so bad Stern would have to penalize my team.

haha dude you make me laugh so much. Really all those teams have a better upside right now than a team with 4 or 5 great young players, cap space for 2 max players, and a crap load of draft picks in the next 2 years? Your ridiculous man.

bootleg42
07-18-2012, 12:07 AM
I don't want to sound like I'm hating on Rockets fans, but the spending on potential sub-par players this offseason makes zero sense.

If you guys had gotten Dwight Howard already, then I would have understood the moves. Dwight Howard doesn't want to go to Houston. I REPEAT, DWIGHT HOWARD DOESN'T WANT TO GO TO HOUSTON.

Right now, it looks like no star will go to Houston. Unless Morely hits home runs in the draft the next few years, expect 10th-11th seed finishes in the Western Conference. This is reality until I see otherwise.

mightybosstone
07-18-2012, 12:24 AM
I don't want to sound like I'm hating on Rockets fans, but the spending on potential sub-par players this offseason makes zero sense.

If you guys had gotten Dwight Howard already, then I would have understood the moves. Dwight Howard doesn't want to go to Houston. I REPEAT, DWIGHT HOWARD DOESN'T WANT TO GO TO HOUSTON.

Right now, it looks like no star will go to Houston. Unless Morely hits home runs in the draft the next few years, expect 10th-11th seed finishes in the Western Conference. This is reality until I see otherwise.

You keep saying the same ****. Get new material or come up with some fact or data to justify your statement.

sunsfan88
07-18-2012, 02:08 AM

If the Rockets get Howard, then chances are they will be the #5-#6 seed and then Dwight will bolt and Houston will have to settle with a bad draft pick anyway.

So its like their wasting another year.

WhiteSoxGod
07-18-2012, 02:10 AM
enjoy morey... the highlighted shuts down any educated discussion...

good luck in 2012/13 and beyond :clap:

no need to respond to my other post where i clearly showed no deal was ever sumbmitted to the NBA office for CP3

LOL You are right about that, there is to be no educated discussion here. But I'll prove you are a moron right here, just so everyone else knows it as well.

sources said a revised version of the deal that was killed by NBA commissioner and de facto Hornets owner David Stern on Thursday was submitted to the league office early Saturday,..........ESPN.com first reported the trade proposal had been re-submitted to the league office. (on Sunday)

Not only was it submitted IT WAS RESUBMITTED!!! IT WAS SUBMITTED TWICE!!

LOL I tell you boy, you must be the pride of your fan-base, hometown, and family.

BklyNyk
07-18-2012, 02:15 AM
I'm not surprised to see whitesox getting trolled to oblivion in this thread. You're so lucky I'm a niner fan lol.

WhiteSoxGod
07-18-2012, 02:19 AM
I'm not surprised to see whitesox getting trolled to oblivion in this thread. You're so lucky I'm a niner fan lol.

I mean geez I don't mind getting trolled but at least get the facts straight. It would be different if I was wrong....once.....which I haven't been, lol.

John Walls Era
07-18-2012, 02:22 AM
Why not at least see the season play out first? Thats obviously too logical. Morey has shown he has had a plan and can make competitive teams out of not so great pieces.

BklyNyk
07-18-2012, 02:22 AM
I mean geez I don't mind getting trolled but at least get the facts straight. It would be different if I was wrong....once.....which I haven't been, lol.

Right or wrong, you're dancing on a string. Care less, win more. I'll stop now.

WhiteSoxGod
07-18-2012, 02:25 AM
Right or wrong, you're dancing on a string. Care less, win more. I'll stop now.

LOL I don't even know what that means!!???