PDA

View Full Version : Jonny Flynn

fadedmario
07-17-2012, 05:19 PM
Jonny Flynn Works Out For Cavaliers

Jonny Flynn worked out with for the Cavaliers as the team debates whether to add another true point guard.

“It’s something we’re definitely looking at,” Scott said. “I’ve always carried three point guards. I don’t think it’s necessarily a necessity, but I’d feel a little more comfortable if we had three.”

Flynn, an unrestricted free agent, has already worked out for the Bulls and Hawks and has more teams on his schedule.

Via Jason Lloyd/Akron Beacon Journal

Only 3 teams have looked at Flynn so far? Is he really that bad? He was decent his rookie year - what happened?

Iron24th
07-17-2012, 05:34 PM
He should go to Europe, learn a thing or two then come back,like many players do and get better.

king4day
07-17-2012, 05:37 PM
At the start of the offseason I was interested in the Suns getting him. He'll find a backup or 3rd string role.
I don't see him being left out before camp though.

SteveNash
07-17-2012, 05:39 PM
Shooting 35% for the Timberwolves is only impressive if you're a white Euro.

Hawkeye15
07-17-2012, 05:43 PM
Shooting 35% for the Timberwolves is only impressive if you're a white Euro.

only if that Euro has gifted passing ability matched by only a handful of players to ever play the game, and is a future all defensive team resident.

SteveNash
07-17-2012, 05:48 PM
only if that Euro has gifted passing ability matched by only a handful of players to ever play the game, and is a future all defensive team resident.

A handful? Really? And future all defensive team, when the guy couldn't even handle helping on Kobe?

AddiX
07-17-2012, 05:49 PM

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here...:D

fresh prince
07-17-2012, 05:56 PM
I wish the Lakers would sign him to backup Nash and let Steve Blake go pursue MMA full time.. Flynn has Speed, great handle, decent outside shot , great court vision and he competes like hell.

Dude can ball he just needs a chance.

nycsports2
07-17-2012, 06:13 PM
ive always wanted him, kids got heart

mgsports
07-17-2012, 06:24 PM
Magic

Chronz
07-17-2012, 06:37 PM
Still waiting for him to earn some playing time, hes been given ample opportunities IMO.

SlimKid
07-17-2012, 08:10 PM
A handful? Really? And future all defensive team, when the guy couldn't even handle helping on Kobe?

The short bus doesn't go your way does it?

detzfish
07-17-2012, 08:13 PM
The pistons need to pick him up and give him a chance

ACanadian
07-17-2012, 08:19 PM
Trade Jose Calderon and pick flynn up

Hype
07-17-2012, 08:22 PM
Thinking Flynn is going to be in the developmental league. Thabeet was down there too, it happens even to top 10 picks

fresh prince
07-17-2012, 09:16 PM
Still waiting for him to earn some playing time, hes been given ample opportunities IMO.

Nah not really.

He had a solid rookie season in Minny when the plan all along was Rubio..

Then he gets shipped to Houston to play behind Lowry and Dragic. Then Arrives in Portland only to see Nolan Smith inexplicably take away some of his minutes when Felton was hurt..

He played really well when given minutes last year:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4611/gamelog

Including an 18 and 11 assist game the last day of the season.

PhlyHighPhilly
07-17-2012, 09:34 PM
I loved this kid at Cuse, shame he hasn't gotten a good place to get some playing time

DerekRE_3
07-17-2012, 10:15 PM
Khaaaaaaan

Evolution23
07-17-2012, 10:18 PM

I'll give you "gifted passing ability" but all defensive team resident? Blasphemous!

Kashmir13579
07-17-2012, 10:21 PM

hahaha! Now you sound like me! :D

Kashmir13579
07-17-2012, 10:22 PM
I loved this kid at Cuse, shame he hasn't gotten a good place to get some playing time

Yeah, i thought he would bust for where he was picked, but not this bad.

This is what we can expect from Kemba Walker ladys and gents.

Chronz
07-17-2012, 10:32 PM
Nah not really.

He had a solid rookie season in Minny when the plan all along was Rubio..
Solid? What you call solid I call **************************************** ******************** (now thats some fine cursing). He had a TS% of .511 and an offensie rtg of 97. Whats solid about that?

Then he gets shipped to Houston to play behind Lowry and Dragic.
What you neglect to mention is that he was thrust into the backup PG slot when Lowry got injured. He still sucked.

Then Arrives in Portland only to see Nolan Smith inexplicably take away some of his minutes when Felton was hurt..

Inexplicably? Im pretty sure there was a valid reason he couldnt get time even with a fat Felton and Crawford being forced into action at the 1. Maybe he didnt know the system yet, but I see no excuse for failing in Houston and sucking as bad as he did in Minny.

He played really well when given minutes last year:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4611/gamelog

Including an 18 and 11 assist game the last day of the season.

Thats what sad, he NEEDS big minutes to POSSIBLY make an impact. Maybe Im expecting too much but guys like Dragic and Lowry have both split time behind other PG's and found ways to contribute at a high level. I know hes not at their level but what hes proven is to be a below average PG.

Hes never had a solid year, and he hasnt proven capable of holding onto a spot in a rotation.

SugeKnight
07-17-2012, 10:37 PM
I thought he would be better than curry :pity: