PDA

View Full Version : Knicks will not match Houston's offer sheet for Jeremy Lin

Pages : [1] 2

NYJ - NYY
07-17-2012, 04:13 PM
Jimmy Traina ‏@JimmyTraina
Most bizarre tenure for a NY athlete. RT @HowardBeckNYT Posting to http://nytimes.com : Lin will be a Rocket. Knicks deliberations over.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

JWO35
07-17-2012, 04:15 PM
:)

IronMan21
07-17-2012, 04:16 PM
hasn't he been for a couple of days?

John Walls Era
07-17-2012, 04:17 PM
and let the "O he sucks" from NY fans begin.

For the sake of a more interesting season, I hope the Knicks rue this day.

justinnum1
wow!

nate2usmc
Oh man. :facepalm:

bholly
Given the lost revenue and marketing benefits, it's sort of like the Knicks are paying to be a little bit worse. Strange move by them.

Mcdoh
good

nate2usmc
07-17-2012, 04:18 PM

Dude, there is a great divide among Knicks fans. Check out the Knicks forum. Civil War lol

NYJ - NYY
07-17-2012, 04:18 PM
he signed the offer sheet but knicks had every ability to match and make him a knick again...****

justinnum1
07-17-2012, 04:19 PM
dolan got cheap

NYJ - NYY
gonna miss linsanity... i think the kid could be a star not lebron level but star nonetheless

Jroz
why post this crap, ..who says its official

Monta is beast
haha Knicks fans.

HaruSoul
07-17-2012, 04:20 PM
BREAKING - Report: Knicks done deliberating, WILL NOT match Houston's offer sheet for Jeremy Lin. @JLin7 will be a Rocket.

sportscenter

Jroz
07-17-2012, 04:20 PM
FisolaNYDN Still no official confirmation from Knicks on whether they are passing on Jeremy Lin. Appears to be a formality at this point
about 1 minute ago ∑

nothing to see here

LOOTERX9
07-17-2012, 04:22 PM
well knicks better get cp3 somehow now. if they dont then i'd say this move letting lin go is unecessary. cause knicks not winning title anyways unless they get cp3. only reason im for letting lin go is just to get cp3. but no cp3= fail

LongIslandIcedZ
07-17-2012, 04:23 PM
Good luck to Lin.

I wanted him back, but losing him certainly isnt the end of the world.

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-17-2012, 04:23 PM
Still very skeptical of this news. I don't care either way but I still think the Knicks are just waiting till the last moment to screw the Rockets for the poison pill.

psperry34116
07-17-2012, 04:25 PM
Lin&Dwightsanity in houston?

mjm07
07-17-2012, 04:25 PM
dolan got cheap

egg-sack-ly the same thing I pondered.

Knicks have become frugal...Lin >>> Felton

jimm120
07-17-2012, 04:26 PM
Done with Delibireating...does that mean they were in some meeting or something and left? Then the author took that as a sign that they weren't gonna match?

waveycrockett
07-17-2012, 04:26 PM
Prokorhov would never let this happen. Dolan pinching pennies

NYJ - NYY
07-17-2012, 04:27 PM
i hope so...he's gonna do big things in his career and wish him the best and still hope hes a knick!!!!

jimm120
07-17-2012, 04:28 PM
egg-sack-ly the same thing I pondered.

Knicks have become frugal...Lin >>> Felton

i don't think its cheap.

Dolan is someone that banishes players. Camby was exiled. Ewing was semi-exiled. and a few others.

He's very prideful. He didn't like how Lin went and re-negotiated IN SECRET. because of that, all this happened.

but we'll see what happens. Just because discussions have finished doesn't mean they won't do anything. They got till tonight.

LongIslandIcedZ
07-17-2012, 04:28 PM
So now that he is a Rocket, the Knicks cheaped out?

But if the Knicks matched, we overspent..

How do we win?

oak2455
07-17-2012, 04:29 PM
haha Knicks fans.

Ha ha Cali fan:clap:

Metsboi69
07-17-2012, 04:29 PM
I can't fault the Knicks here, just would have been nice for them to work out a sign and trade to get SOMETHING for him. The team is flawed no doubt, maybe if they can somehow move Amare they can make a play for CP3, doubt it but whatever.

C_Mund
07-17-2012, 04:30 PM

How do we win?

It's hard out here for a pimp

Metsboi69

How do we win?

The reason why people could kill the Knicks is there not going to be under the cap until at least 2015 when his contract would have been up. So what's the point of losing him for nothing, unless you dont think he can play or your owner doesn't want to pay the luxery tax.

GiantsSwaGG
Great, rockets got desperate and overpaid. Enjoy!

torocan
07-17-2012, 04:31 PM
Just heard Beck live on ESPN Radio New York.

Said all the deliberations were 100% about the money and the size of the Luxury Tax Hit.

Basketball, relations with Dolan, and coaching were not in the discussions at all.

Dolan hit his ATM limit.

oak2455

You're right he has 400 million lock in a starting 5 that might get him a 5 th seed at best....Smart guy!!!

knicks_champ
I'm not going to say he sucks but that' way too much money for a player like him..

FraziersKnicks
07-17-2012, 04:32 PM
Thank god... Good luck with that $15m in the 3rd year when Lin is exposed for a mediocre, turnover prone PG. Damn, Morey really lost it... It was only a few years ago he was hustling us for our first rounders to take McGrady off his hands.

torocan
Great, rockets got desperate and overpaid. Enjoy!

Hard to argue they overpaid.

Knicks were going to match $9.3M in year 3... that's $25M in luxury taxes. That's a helluva vote of confidence in him as a prospect.

The $43M tax bill was just too big PLUS the $15M salary was just too expensive for them to swallow.

ball4reel
90% of psd said last yr Lin was a fluke and was a flash in the pan. Then after the rockets gave him the offer sheet he was not worth half that and the Knicks would be fools to match. Now Knicks dont match now there foolish and Lin has so much up side and Dolan is being cheap.. You guys are more amusement than a rollercoaster..

LongIslandIcedZ
The reason why people could kill the Knicks is there not going to be under the cap until at least 2015 when his contract would have been up. So what's the point of losing him for nothing, unless you dont think he can play or your owner doesn't want to pay the luxery tax.

I understand.

If we had matched a re-signed him, every post here that belittles the Knicks for being cheap, would belittle them for signing a horrible contract.

Not a big deal, just something I thought I would point out.

LOOTERX9
07-17-2012, 04:33 PM
I wanted lin gone just so knicks will use their heads and go after cp3.. but if these idiots dont try and pull cp3 then letting lin walk is a waste

Jroz
07-17-2012, 04:34 PM
What a tool..he says it seems like...why dont we get a damn official source

WhiteSoxGod
Thank god... Good luck with that $15m in the 3rd year when Lin is exposed for a mediocre, turnover prone PG. Damn, Morey really lost it... It was only a few years ago he was hustling us for our first rounders to take McGrady off his hands.

LOL another "BRILLIANT" Knicks fan. We don't have to pay him $15 million in the 3rd year, it's the average for us.

knicks=love
dolan got cheap

:faint:

Fireworld
Never really thought much of him. I always though he was a bit over hyped and wouldn't be able to play with Stat and Mello. Kid will play TEAM ball better.

TeamSeattle
07-17-2012, 04:35 PM
Howard Beck is guessing guys. Numerous knick beat reports are reporting Houston hasn't even received a word yet.

JOhnnyTHaJet
Supposedly the Rockets know nothing of the decision yet, I still think the Knicks match.

Vending Machine
Knicks did what was right. Felton has proven more in his time with NY averaging roughly 17 points a game over a 50+ game stretch. Lin hasn't done that, what Lin has shown is why he SHOULDN'T get paid $15m with turnover laden performances. Get Felton to lose some of that pad and he will make the Knicks forget they even had Lin.

jayjay33
07-17-2012, 04:36 PM
Man if they had signed him and he was not that good...it would have been bad, but nothing outragous. But if he goes to houston and plays even close to allstar level the knicks will never live it down cause he will be one of the biggest stars of all time.

Swashcuff
07-17-2012, 04:37 PM
The Rockets could have had either Dragic, Lowry or Lin and they got they worst player of the 3. Well at least they got the biggest draw which is what they seem to have wanted IMO.

FraziersKnicks
07-17-2012, 04:37 PM

Nah, Prokhorov would much rather throw $40M at a 30 year old Gerald Wallace, a max contract at a 7-foot centre who's averaged less than 6 rebounds a game over his last two seasons and $12M a year at an energy guy... All for a 6th seed and first round playoff exit for the next few years. Smart guy.

Oh yeah, how did I forget about Johnson's contract.... :laugh2:

TeamSeattle
07-17-2012, 04:38 PM
League source confirms @HowardBeckNYT report that Knicks' current plan is not to match Houston offer sheet for Jeremy Lin.

This is an assumption folks

KingPosey
07-17-2012, 04:38 PM
Ha ha Cali fan:clap:

haha "Cali Fan"? Huh?

FraziersKnicks
07-17-2012, 04:39 PM
What I like most about this is the fact Felton will have a massive chip on his shoulder and a point to prove. Drop a couple of pounds and watch him play like he did at the start of the 2010 season when he was motivated. Then we'll see who the idiot is...

jimm120
07-17-2012, 04:39 PM
I wanted lin gone just so knicks will use their heads and go after cp3.. but if these idiots dont try and pull cp3 then letting lin walk is a waste

but the thing is that Lin could be a valuable trade piece in getting someone.

You match and then you either trade him at mid-season or after the 1st season. SOMEONE would take him.

KingPosey
07-17-2012, 04:40 PM
Nah, Prokhorov would much rather throw $40M at a 30 year old Gerald Wallace, a max contract at a 7-foot centre who's averaged less than 6 rebounds a game over his last two seasons and $12M a year at an energy guy... All for a 6th seed and first round playoff exit for the next few years. Smart guy.

Dont skew the stats to make snarky remarks. He didnt even play last year. He averaged 6 his last real season, and 8.5 the 2 before that. But good job twisting the numbers to get somewhat of a jab in. It almost worked.

AT least he didnt pay 20+ per for a declining pf/c that averaged 17 and 7, and is in the last year of his prime, who is also over 30, and had a lower per than NJ's "energy guy"...

That "energy guy" also had more Offensive win shares, defensive win shares, and offensive rating than your franchise player, for less than half the price last season.

BKLYNpigeon
SMART MOVE!

Lin's 3rd year at 14 million would have cost the Knicks about 50 million after the luxury taxes on his contract.

it sucks for Lin, to not to be a NY Knick.

WhiteSoxGod
The Rockets could have had either Dragic, Lowry or Lin and they got they worst player of the 3. Well at least they got the biggest draw which is what they seem to have wanted IMO.

LOL yeah because that was the choice...ha ha.

The offered Goran, he wanted $10 million from us.

They traded Lowry for a Lottery pick that could end up being the 3rd overall pick.

Lin & #3 overall pick >>>> Lowry

elizur
07-17-2012, 04:41 PM
As it has been mentioned in the Lin thread, the Luxury tax does not matter in the decision.

The new CBA has a spread- provision that allows the Knicks to cut Lin if he is not very good before the 3rd year and spread the 15 million over the next three years. The luxury tax would be irrelevant at that point.

elizur
07-17-2012, 04:41 PM
SMART MOVE!

Lin's 3rd year at 14 million would have cost the Knicks about 50 million after the luxury taxes on his contract.

it sucks for Lin, to not to be a NY Knick.

That is not true if he did not live up to the contract. If he does then who cares how much the tax is?

mjm07
07-17-2012, 04:42 PM
i don't think its cheap.

Dolan is someone that banishes players. Camby was exiled. Ewing was semi-exiled. and a few others.

He's very prideful. He didn't like how Lin went and re-negotiated IN SECRET. because of that, all this happened.

but we'll see what happens. Just because discussions have finished doesn't mean they won't do anything. They got till tonight.

Never heard he did that.

Honestly Lin should be on the Knicks. He makes them better, not Kidd, not Felton.

Has Lin earned the contract? HELL **** NO! But he's still the best PG they have. I don't fault him for trying to maximize his opportunity to getting the best deal for himeself either. Teams do that with players and Lin is doing the same thing. Knicks should've offered him a deal before anyone (houston) else. IMO

Knicks should still match.

TeamSeattle
Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
New York has until 11:59 p.m. ET to formally cut ties with Lin. While decision not unanimous, source characterizes reversal as unlikely.

hmmm

True Rocket
Welcome back to Houston Jeremy. Hopefully we don't trade for Dwight we have a nice young core of:

Jeremy Lin
Jeremy Lamb
Marcus Morris
Chandler Parsons
Royce White
Terrence Jones
Donatus Montejunas
Patrick Patterson

With this team we should be able to net a top 10 pick, then we have the Raptors lottery pick. The future is bright in Houston.

Frozenred
07-17-2012, 04:43 PM
Hoping Yao Ming comes out of retirement.

BKLYNpigeon
That is not true if he did not live up to the contract. If he does then who cares how much the tax is?

thats a BIG IF. 50 million is alot to pay for a player for one season.

elledaddy
No diss to Houston but what happens when Lin isnt passing the ball to Melo,Stat, JR,Novak etc.... but instead passing to Paterson,white,Lamb etc...? Lin is no bum by any means but it's gonna be much different AKA harder with Houston's supporting cast IMO when teams game plan for Lin. He gonna put cheeks in the seats though so good luck Houston.

elizur
Knicks did what was right. Felton has proven more in his time with NY averaging roughly 17 points a game over a 50+ game stretch. Lin hasn't done that, what Lin has shown is why he SHOULDN'T get paid $15m with turnover laden performances. Get Felton to lose some of that pad and he will make the Knicks forget they even had Lin.

Lin was more efficent in almost every category last year than Felton.

Fireworld
07-17-2012, 04:44 PM
Welcome back to Houston Jeremy. Hopefully we don't trade for Dwight we have a nice young core of:

Jeremy Lin
Jeremy Lamb
Marcus Morris
Chandler Parsons
Royce White
Terrence Jones
Donatus Montejunas
Patrick Patterson

With this team we should be able to net a top 10 pick, then we have the Raptors lottery pick. The future is bright in Houston.
That looks great!! I would never trade all that for D12 even if he did agree to stay.

justinnum1
Looks like dwade will be starting guard in the all star game:)
(actually since rose is hurt he would have started anyways)

elizur
thats a BIG IF. 50 million is alot to pay for a player for one season.

What I meant was if he does not live up to it they can cut him before the 15 kicks in. Then they can use the spread-provision to spread the 15 million accross three years as dead money. That would mean if he sucks then we wont be paying the high tax.

Plus, Dolan paid about 100 million for a roster than featured Marbury and Malik Rose. This team actually has talent.

Ciruam
07-17-2012, 04:47 PM

How do we win?

:clap::clap:Preach:clap::clap:

True Rocket
07-17-2012, 04:48 PM
That looks great!! I would never trade all that for D12 even if he did agree to stay.

Me neither. We also have salary cap, something we would lose if we took back all of Orlando's trash.

He115ing
Money talks.

Swashcuff
LOL yeah because that was the choice...ha ha.

The offered Goran, he wanted $10 million from us.

They traded Lowry for a Lottery pick that could end up being the 3rd overall pick.

Lin & #3 overall pick >>>> Lowry

So if you end up with the #14 pick and Lin is nothing more than Darren Collison player from here on out. Is that >>>> than Lowry?

javaid64
07-17-2012, 04:50 PM
What I meant was if he does not live up to it they can cut him before the 15 kicks in. Then they can use the spread-provision to spread the 15 million accross three years as dead money. That would mean if he sucks then we wont be paying the high tax.

yea but that will take away when we start over in year 4 or year 5

daboywonder2002

can you bring up those numbers please to prove this ?

NBAFan2012
So the thing is... Carmelo is a cancer and no one will ever able to flourish with him on the squad. He is a black hole. There is a reason he has never been out of the first round. Now Lin may go on to never be heard from again, and it was all a fluke, but we would have never seen his full potential with the Knicks as long as Carmelo was on the team.

Everyone has to remember what Lin did (20+ points a game and ridiculous numbers, even TOs,) was all done when he was "the man" ... Everyone remember the bums he was playing with when the whole Linsanity thing came to fruition. Someone please post the lineup.

This is the right move by the Knicks but not because the luxury tax implications and all that but because Lin was simply not going to work over there. There is a reason that when Amare and Carmelo and were alongside Lin... the Knicks went back to being horrible.

TeamSeattle
07-17-2012, 04:51 PM
So the thing is... Carmelo is a cancer and no one will ever able to flourish with him on the squad. He is a black hole. There is a reason he has never been out of the first round. Now Lin may go on to never be heard from again, and it was all a fluke, but we would have never seen his full potential with the Knicks as long as Carmelo was on the team.

Everyone has to remember what Lin did (20+ points a game and ridiculous numbers, even TOs,) was all done when he was "the man" ... Everyone remember the bums he was playing with when the whole Linsanity thing came to fruition. Someone please post the lineup.

This is the right move by the Knicks but not because the luxury tax implications and all that but because Lin was simply not going to work over there. There is a reason that when Amare and Carmelo and were alongside Lin... the Knicks went back to being horrible.

Did people not watch basketball in 2007. Melo made it to the WCF WITH DENVER!

JDIAZ201
07-17-2012, 04:52 PM
Can someone tell me what PGs in the league are making 15m a year and then ask yourself is Lin really worth it. I know 15m is last year in contact but that's when it effects us most. I loved cheering for the underdog on my team but clearly he no longer is considered to be one. Good luck Lin

tr3ymill3r
Aww poor Knicks fans about to be butt hurt and deny the claim until they see him in a Rockets uniform. Knicks fans are like ostriches put their heads in the sand and pretend it never happened.

javaid64
So if you end up with the #14 pick and Lin is nothing more than Darren Collison player from here on out. Is that >>>> than Lowry?

agree toronto isn't getting worse with lowry, if anything they could conceivably be competing for playoff spot. so it should be a mid 1st round pick

shamah115
Knicks should have signed him and traded him... could have gotten a 1st rounder out of him

Joker55
07-17-2012, 04:53 PM
Over/under 60% of Knicks fans saying he was never good and they didn't want him?

chrism8188

Jeremy Lin
Jeremy Lamb
Marcus Morris
Chandler Parsons
Royce White
Terrence Jones
Donatus Montejunas
Patrick Patterson

I wanted Dwight but now that I look at the team, it's very young, we have lots of picks including the Lowry high draft pick. PLUS lot of cap space to bring in a star later. "Bynum????" also I believe jLamb will be a all star in the future. It doesn't look bad at all as I thought

Joker55
Side note, congrats Houston!

NBAFan2012
07-17-2012, 04:54 PM
One last thing, it is sad that a D-Leaguer (Jeremy Lin) breathed the most life into a franchise that a player they got by gutting their team (Carmelo) could only hope to do. The Knicks will regret this but lets see what happens

torocan
If you think this was about his potential, then you're delusional.

They were 100% willing to pay $9.3M in salary + $25M in luxury taxes in Year 3 to keep him.

$5M + $18M is what broke the deal. That's a 100% Financial decision.

The looked into the maw of the check, and they blinked.

If the Knicks original willingness to match is an indication, the Rockets just picked up Lin for a STEAL.

AND the Stretch provision can't be used with Lin, it only applies to players signed before the previous CBA. It would have to be used on another player, and they would have to waive them and have those dollars on the books for the duration.

Grats Houston. Morey made the perfect play.

ThunderousDemon
Linsanity has arrived at Houston! Pandemonium erupts at the Toyota Center! It looks like a scene from "Apocalypse Now", oh the horror, the horror.

Hellcrooner
lol, now we will see how good he really is, if media stops being on his nuts now he is not in NY.

Punk
07-17-2012, 04:55 PM
Yeah...We're not talking a bout last season. When Felton was a Knick, his stats were similar to Lin's stats.

Obviously Felton had a terrible season last year. With that logic, Lin did during his run with GSW and HOU.

Vending Machine
Somehow, I feel that the Rockets threw Lowry under the bus. I am starting to believe that it was racially motivated, especially when they continued to start Dragic over him and traded him for almost nothing.

mjm07
Over/under 60% of Knicks fans saying he was never good and they didn't want him?

Id take the under. 55%

SouthSideRookie
07-17-2012, 04:56 PM
Is this offical?

javaid64
07-17-2012, 04:57 PM
Did people not watch basketball in 2007. Melo made it to the WCF WITH DENVER!

agreed, people don't realize this but what exactly has lin done, couldn't even make it it ncaa tourney over cornell, and he supposed to be the knicks savior, we need a pg to play with melo not supersede him which lin will do. he couldn't play in in playoffs when he was 85% percent, seems like he lacks a competitive drive.

NBAFan2012
07-17-2012, 04:58 PM
No diss to Houston but what happens when Lin isnt passing the ball to Melo,Stat, JR,Novak etc.... but instead passing to Paterson,white,Lamb etc...? Lin is no bum by any means but it's gonna be much different AKA harder with Houston's supporting cast IMO when teams game plan for Lin. He gonna put cheeks in the seats though so good luck Houston.

You remember Linsanity last year? And what he had to work with? Look it up, and then you will answer your own question. They only started sucking when Carmelo and STat came back and they never recovered

JDIAZ201
07-17-2012, 04:58 PM
It would have been nice to let him to continue to develop with Knicks but cmon now that's a lot of money for an unproven guard.

TeamSeattle
07-17-2012, 04:59 PM
Is this offical?

Nope. It's coming from only one reporter. Knicks have yet to make it official

KingPosey
07-17-2012, 04:59 PM
Somehow, I feel that the Rockets threw Lowry under the bus. I am starting to believe that it was racially motivated, especially when they continued to start Dragic over him and traded him for almost nothing.

Ya because Houston never starts black guys on their NBA basketball team.....:facepalm:

javaid64
07-17-2012, 05:00 PM

maybe the same 60% percent who didn't like him in 1st place :shrug:

Nycbball08

How do we win?

Exactly, can't win with these clowns...

He115ing
It would have been nice to let him to continue to develop with Knicks but cmon now that's a lot of money for an unproven guard.

+1 exactly. Maybe he really will be a great player but at this point it is too early to tell. Plus his attitude has been questionable, especially during the playoffs.

Gritz
07-17-2012, 05:01 PM
lol @ the sad face in the thread title

SouthSideRookie
07-17-2012, 05:01 PM
Nope. It's coming from only one reporter. Knicks have yet to make it official

Ok i see. thx.

javaid64
07-17-2012, 05:02 PM
You remember Linsanity last year? And what he had to work with? Look it up, and then you will answer your own question. They only started sucking when Carmelo and STat came back and they never recovered

or maybe other team started figuring out lin, the ball not gonna turnover itself. and the competition lin faced, exactly how many of them were actually legit.

King41
07-17-2012, 05:03 PM
nice work hou ^^

Jroz
Is this offical?

its still not, not until Houston knows, and its officially reported..not taking a Knicks Plan to not match..until its official

torocan
+1 exactly. Maybe he really will be a great player but at this point it is too early to tell. Plus his attitude has been questionable, especially during the playoffs.

Lin is a question mark. No question.

You either believe in him, or you don't.

The Knicks saw enough they were willing to be $9.3M + $25M in luxury taxes on him, but not $15M + $43M.

Houston saw enough they were willing to bet $8.3M/year (the $15M is actually treated as $8.3M over 3 years for them, NOT $15M).

The rest is just detail.

Vending Machine
07-17-2012, 05:04 PM
Ya because Houston never starts black guys on their NBA basketball team.....:facepalm:

I'm still quite skeptical of the Rockets decision. Lowry had a team friendly contract and there's no way that Lin is better than him, they could have gotten more for him if they had wanted.

elizur
can you bring up those numbers please to prove this ?

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/22098/lin-has-the-edge-over-felton-at-pg

torocan
or maybe other team started figuring out lin, the ball not gonna turnover itself. and the competition lin faced, exactly how many of them were actually legit.

Pull up his game splits. There's really NOT that many weak teams past the first 7 days.

ThunderousDemon
07-17-2012, 05:05 PM
Linsanity with no Humanity, will be a Houston Rocket!!! :speechless:

MackShock
07-17-2012, 05:05 PM
i dont understand how anybody thought he was going to stay in NY, when they signed J-Kidd, then traded for Felton. On top of that, Woodson said he would be starter.

You actually thought he was going to stay in NY after they acquired two starting calibur point guards?

Gimme a break.

Bornknick73
07-17-2012, 05:06 PM
Let me get this straight....

Knicks fans are ridiculed for over hyping our players

NBA forums say Lin isnt that good

Knicks are ridiculed for giving out ridiculous contracts to players unworthy of them

Knicks refuse to give out a ridiculous contract

NBA forums think Lin IS that good and Knicks should have given him the ridiculous contract

And when it doesnt work out for us......

NBA forum laughs at Lin and the contract we gave him?

Man you cant win in here. Damned if you do, damned if you dont.

JDIAZ201
07-17-2012, 05:06 PM
so houston is gonna pay a guy they cut just a few months ago a 3yr 25m contract yet they are the smart ones here huh.

javaid64
07-17-2012, 05:07 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/22098/lin-has-the-edge-over-felton-at-pg

argument is invalid in this case, his numbers, efficiency went down when he played with melo stat, tyson, and lin only played in 26 games with significant minutes.

if u factor in only the number he had with melo and stat than argument could be more legitimate.

ThunderousDemon
07-17-2012, 05:08 PM
Let me get this straight....

Knicks fans are ridiculed for over hyping our players

NBA forums say Lin isnt that good

Knicks are ridiculed for giving out ridiculous contracts to players unworthy of them

Knicks refuse to give out a ridiculous contract

NBA forums think Lin IS that good and Knicks should have given him the ridiculous contract

And when it doesnt work out for us......

NBA forum laughs at Lin and the contract we gave him?

Man you cant win in here. Damned if you do, damned if you dont.

:violin: Sorry, had to do it. :laugh2:

fadedmario
Glad he's on the Rockets. Curious to see what he can do there.

Ease up on Knicks fans people..

colinskik
Yeah...We're not talking a bout last season. When Felton was a Knick, his stats were similar to Lin's stats.

Obviously Felton had a terrible season last year. With that logic, Lin did during his run with GSW and HOU.
Everybody needs to consider this before posting more nonsense.

LdotAdot
07-17-2012, 05:09 PM
I guess you could say that the Knicks eLINminated themselves from the Lin sweepstakes.

Vending Machine
07-17-2012, 05:09 PM
Glad he's on the Rockets. Curious to see what he can do there.

Ease up on Knicks fans people..

Knicks fans should feel betrayed though, he flat out left the team :laugh2:

ThunderousDemon
07-17-2012, 05:10 PM
Knicks fans should feel betrayed though, he flat out left the team :laugh2:

How is he supposed to stay if the Knicks didn't match the offer?

colinskik
07-17-2012, 05:11 PM
This isn't what happened. Look at ALL the stats first then post.

PleaseBeNice
07-17-2012, 05:12 PM
Later

Bornknick73
07-17-2012, 05:12 PM
The bottomline is....

On my team hes the 3rd option

Melo isnt gonna sacrifice his game for a undrafted wonderboy

Lin is best suited for a uptempo style system, we are going more halfcourt defensive minded.

Lin doesnt put us over Miami so why spend that kind of money?

I mean honestly, the kid didnt play in the playoffs because Miami would have exposed him in not one, but 5 games. Who was gonna give him that money if Miami's defense swallowed him whole during a playoff series? Nobody but us.

Lin is a decent talent ill give him that but he doesnt put us anywhere near the Heat and he doesnt really fit our roster so why give him that dough?

He'll be much better off with the Rockets where he can be the focal point of the offense on a 30 win team. The Taiwanese Iverson.

Marshallp22
07-17-2012, 05:13 PM
Lin's name was bigger than his play end of story!!! His play isn't worth that contract at all. Dantoni System player.

Vending Machine
07-17-2012, 05:14 PM
How is he supposed to stay if the Knicks didn't match the offer?

Lin didn't seem too worried about that now did he? #moneytalks

The Motto
07-17-2012, 05:15 PM
I bet he sucks huh Knicks fan all hype?

The Motto
07-17-2012, 05:16 PM
hasn't he been for a couple of days?

He signed the offer sheet, but Knicks had 48 hours to match

heyman321
07-17-2012, 05:18 PM
Shame he just bought his New York apartment a couple months ago.

NYKnickFanatic
I love Lin. I still hope we keep him, but doubtful. I hope he does well in Houston and congrats to him for getting paid.

ThunderousDemon
Lin didn't seem too worried about that now did he? #moneytalks

You expect him to deny millions of dollars, no, so good for him.

colinskik
The bottomline is....

Lin is best suited for a uptempo style system, we are going more halfcourt defensive minded.

I mean honestly, the kid didnt play in the playoffs because Miami would have exposed him in not one, but 5 games. Who was gonna give him that money if Miami's defense swallowed him whole during a playoff series? Nobody but us.

Lin is a decent talent ill give him that but he doesnt put us anywhere near the Heat and he doesnt really fit our roster so why give him that dough?

He'll be much better off with the Rockets where he can be the focal point of the offense on a 30 win team. The Taiwanese Iverson.

This is something that stands out to me the more I analyze it. Lin knew this was his best (and maybe only) opportunity to get PAID and he wisely choose to let Linsanity dictate his price, not what he could actually do on the court in the playoffs against the eventual champions.

You gotta admit it's the most business savvy move, but it really grinds my gears because I so badly wanted to see Lin play in just one playoff game as a Knick. I wasn't mad at him at the time because I figured I'd see more of him this year. Now that it looks like that ain't happening, I'm pissed. Pissed at Lin, pissed at the Knicks, pissed at everything.

justinnum1
07-17-2012, 05:19 PM
The bottomline is....

Melo isn't going to sacrifice his game for anyone.

akagiredsuns
07-17-2012, 05:21 PM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2012/07/jeremy-lin-to-become-a-rocket-as-knicks-decide-not-to-match/1#.UAbFapHYIyk

It's done. The sooner people accept Lin in HOU, the sooner you can move on. If he stays in NY, Knicks fan rejoice, but now he's in HOU, he's overhyped and will suck. :laugh2: at the hypocrisy. Enough with the crying. What is the use of having him now when NY traded for Felton and signed Kidd? Life goes on. Let him make a name for himself elsewhere. Dolan chose not to match. END OF STORY.

Lo Porto
07-17-2012, 05:21 PM
NY should have kept Lin over trading for Felton. Lin and Kidd are so much better than Felton and Kidd.

daboywonder2002
07-17-2012, 05:22 PM

thats felton from portland. i wanna compare new york lin vs new york felton

TeamSeattle
07-17-2012, 05:26 PM
Anybody watching NBA TV...Alan Hahn just confirmed it. This **** isn't final yet.

smith&wesson
knicks are better off with out him they have their star players. they need players that complliment those stars.

lin did not compliment melo... this is melo's team now and he needs players that play off of him.

Wonder what houston puts around lin. their roster is still a mystery at this point. but i guess we know they are building around lin .

daboywonder2002
hey guys i found a better article comparing lin and felton

http://theknickswall.com/2012/07/16/settelin-lin-vs-felton-debate/

Just when it seemed like the Knicks were going to have a quiet off-season where they would keep most of the team together, the team goes out and acquires former Knick, Raymond Felton, in a sign and trade with the Portland TrailBlazers. With the team acquiring another point guard to go along with Jason Kidd and Pablo Prigioni, all signs point to the end of the Jeremy Lin era in New York, as multiple media outlets have reported that the Knicks are unlikely to match Linís offer sheet with the Houston Rockets; the Knicks still have until Tuesday night to decide if they are going to keep the 23-year-old point guard. It makes little sense to keep 4 point guards on the roster, but hey, this is the Knicks. Nonetheless, it appears as if the Knicks are choosing Raymond Felton over Jeremy Lin, which has many scrambling to compare the production of the two players. This will be a two part series in which we compare their offensive and defensive games. First up: Offense.

The first thing that needs to be made clear is that the Knicks are not trying to acquire the Raymond Felton that was in Portland. Felton was not motivated or in shape for the past year, and the Knicksí brass likely believes that a return to New York will return Felton to the player he was with the Knicks. In the spirit of optimism, letís look at Feltonís half season with the Knicks in 2010, to compare with Linís run this past season. In many regards, the two runs mirror each other: Each player had a period of roughly 25 games were he played great basketball, before slowly tapering off.

The height of Linsanity was in the month of February where Jeremy Lin averaged 20.9 points and 8.4 assists per game on 47.2 percent shooting and 32.5 percent from three. In contrast, Felton had his greatest success in the month of November (í10), scoring 18.6 points and dishing 8.6 assists per game, while shooting 47.5 percents from the field and 36.7 percent from beyond the arc.

In the months that would follow, Feltonís assists numbers remained high, but his scoring dropped to 17.8 per game in December, 15.5 per game in January, and 14.0 per game in February. The drop can easily be attributed to his decline in shooting percentage, which dropped to as low 37.5 percent in January, a 10 percent drop in two months, but truth be told, Felton just isnít a good enough shooter to sustain the percentage he shot in November. A trio of two proportion z-tests will show that the Feltonís November was not the norm. The formula for a two proportion z test is as follows:

z = (p1 - p2) / SD

Where p1 is the proportion from from the first sample (or in this case month), p2 is the proportion from the second sample, and SD is the standard deviation of the sampling distribution.

The first two proportion z test would be between Feltonís field goal percentages in November, when he shot 47.5 percent, and December, where he shot 41.4 percent. The z score in the test between these two values is 1.26 with a p-value of .208. The .208 p-value means that there is only a 20.8 percent chance that the field goal percentages would have such a difference if they were consistent with his true averages. This is not high enough to show a significant difference between the two percentages. However, the same test, when comparing Feltonís production in December and January yields a z score of .89 and a p-value of .373, which also does not show a significant difference.

A third test comparing November and January has a z score of 2.18 and p-value of .029. The p-value of .029 is enough to say that the field goal percentage difference in November and January is statistically significant. This means that Feltonís true average is not close to either percentage, but rather somewhere in the middle. The p-value for the December-January test is greater than that of the November-December test. This indicates that the true average is likely closer to 37 percent than 47 percent. In summation, Felton is more likely the player he was at the end of his Knicks run than the one he was at the start.

To be fair, a two proportion z test of Jeremy Linís field goal percentages in February and March yielded a z score of 1.24 and a p-value of .215, almost identical to Feltonís z score. Their drop-offs in field goal percentages were almost statistically identical. Field goal percentage is not the only way to compare the production of players, but it is one of the easiest ways to try to prevent confounding variables in the analysis. However, the most important confounding variables in this comparison favor Jeremy Lin. Lin is not and has never been considered a true shooter. His greatest offensive ability is driving at the basket. In this regard, Jeremy Lin shooting 40 percent is a more productive player than Raymond Felton shooting 40 percent. Per 36 minutes, Jeremy Lin averaged 7.0 free throw attempts per game, while Raymond Felton has never averaged more than 3.9 in such a stat.

Such is the reason why in their last days with the Knicks, both Felton and Lin averaged about 15 points per game, despite the fact that Jeremy Lin played significantly fewer minutes than Felton. In 7 games under Mike Woodson, Lin played less than 35 minutes in 6 of them. In contrast, Felton played less than 35 minutes in only 6 games in his entire stint with the Knicks. Jeremy Linís decline in production has as much to do with decreased shot attempts and minutes, resulting from a lack of confidence by the head coach, as it does in a shooting regression.

This is not to say that Jeremy Lin was far superior to Felton. The argument could be made that Feltonís per 36 production was worse because Linís usage rate was much higher (28.1 percent to 22.6 percent) and Lin turns the ball over more frequently (Lin had a turnover rate of 21.4 percent versus Feltonís 16.6 percent). However, it has to be noted that we are comparing Feltonís best season with Linís only real season. Felton did not build upon his success, but rather returned to the player he was before his time with the Knicks, while Lin is only 23-years-old and can still improve upon himself. Lin has a much higher ceiling and has more chemistry with the current roster, as well. For the purposes of this debate, Lin is clear the more skilled offensive player between the two of them.

However, the mistake in the Lin-Felton debate is looking at the comparison in a vacuum. Feltonís reported contract of $10 million over 3 year is much less than Jeremy Linís offer sheet with the Rockets. At equal prices, Lin is the clear choice, but the prices are not equal. Ultimately, the only person who can decide whether Lin is worth the difference is James Dolan. That is why it is important, though, for Knicks fans to not turn sour on General Manager Glen Grunwald. While we are looking at things in a vacuum, acquiring Raymond Felton and Kurt Thomas for Dan Gadzuric and Jared Jeffries is great value, considering the circumstances. Felton was the best point guard left on the market, and if Dolan told him that he does not want pay for Lin, then Grunwald did the best he could do. And yet despite Grunwaldís best efforts, statistics say that the Knicks are now a worse team than we thought they would be.

Weíll be comparing their defensive prowess later today.

Vending Machine
07-17-2012, 05:27 PM
NY should have kept Lin over trading for Felton. Lin and Kidd are so much better than Felton and Kidd.

Lin is not that good guys, he had a lucky stretch of games and then imploded when he faced the Heat. Felton provides solid value for his price and has actually proven himself as a Knick.

AYozzy
07-17-2012, 05:37 PM
knicks are better off with out him they have their star players. they need players that complliment those stars.

lin did not compliment melo... this is melo's team now and he needs players that play off of him.

Wonder what houston puts around lin. their roster is still a mystery at this point. but i guess we know they are building around lin .

THIS.... It's Melos team, let him shine... Kidd and Felton willbe role players not trying to steal spotlight

Loved Lin.. But in all honesty he won't be remembered in 4 months, Melo will

J-Loco
07-17-2012, 05:39 PM

Its not so much that he sucks, but the Rockets do suck which will in turn result in him also sucking. The bottom line is he will be terrible in Houston. The end.

cubbies7177
07-17-2012, 05:39 PM
Lin is not that good guys, he had a lucky stretch of games and then imploded when he faced the Heat. Felton provides solid value for his price and has actually proven himself as a Knick.

The only problem is Felton has limited upside, while Lin hasn't really shown what he can do. That's the "allure" of him. He came out and played just about as well as any new player could, and then didn't really get an opportunity to struggle and grow. Felton, on the other hand, has potentially already reached his max potential. Let's see what he can do though...

AND IF KNICKS FANS THINK THEIR OWNER IS "CHEAP," GO ***** YOURSELVES. YOU SPOILED PIECES OF *****. Reinsdorf would kill babies just to avoid the luxury tax. Every time it looks like he's making a move for another player, it ends up being a salary dump. So STFU :mad:

ChicagoRox
07-17-2012, 05:43 PM
And the staring point guard of your Western Conference All-Stars Jeremy Lin (by internet votes from China). LOL

EastNYLos
07-17-2012, 05:43 PM
wow im surprised they didn't go after him..oh well..life moves on

nycsports2
07-17-2012, 05:44 PM
kids gonna be reall good but i dont blame em at all for not matching this contract i do want lion but not for 25 mil sorry felts can handle the job just fine not saying hes as good as lin but he can facilitate the offense with no problem as can kidd

Punk
07-17-2012, 05:44 PM
This Heat game stuff is really stupid. Again, it was one game coming off a back to back where he hurt himself against Atlanta.

He played healthy against the Bulls and Sixers and did not struggle. Both teams were just as good as Miami's defense in that game as well.

Knick fans are being childish, immature and plain stupid. I get Lin is a great piece to have in the future and a great piece to have for our team now but making 15 million in Year 3 is a turn off. If he isn't going to play to expectations then who trades for him when you want to shed that deal?

Lin has potential but potential doesn't mean 15 million.

SteBO
07-17-2012, 05:47 PM
This Heat game stuff is really stupid. Again, it was one game coming off a back to back where he hurt himself against Atlanta.

He played healthy against the Bulls and Sixers and did not struggle. Both teams were just as good as Miami's defense in that game as well.

Knick fans are being childish, immature and plain stupid. I get Lin is a great piece to have in the future and a great piece to have for our team now but making 15 million in Year 3 is a turn off. If he isn't going to play to expectations then who trades for him when you want to shed that deal?

Yup. No team should ever throw money at players based on what "could" develop. The Knicks just saved themselves in the long run financially, and this could either help or hurt the Rockets. No lose situation for "NY".

heyman321
07-17-2012, 05:49 PM
What's funny is that Lin will probably have a breakout year in houston, averaging 18 and 10 just because the basketball gods hate the Knicks. I guarantee this will happen.

justinnum1
07-17-2012, 05:51 PM

Agree, but i do think what some other poster said about him sitting vs miami makes sense. If he played in the playoffs vs miami at less than 100% it would have been ugly. But still, its the playoffs and everyone is playing at less than 100%

colinskik
07-17-2012, 05:55 PM

My point is that he let what he had done during Linsanity be the last thing teams remembered before entering free agency. So his potential looks a lot brighter when it's based off that rather then an entire playoff series, at least four games in a row against a high caliber team. There's no doubt that Lin would have been exposed slightly when compared to Linsanity.

I ain't mad at dude for getting his money, I'm just mad at the situation. Knicks fans expected to see him in the blue and orange again.

TEXASTITAN
07-17-2012, 06:06 PM
He's gonna get all that Yao exposure from the Asian market on his way to the #1 selling jersey & yet another reason Howard will resign with Houston once he gets here.

Joker55
07-17-2012, 06:09 PM

Bingo.

WAYNEBO
07-17-2012, 06:10 PM
If it has not been mentioned yet, I just heard the new CBA allows for a team with a waived player to "stretch" the contract another year --- in others words, should NYK waive Lin before the 3rd year, the $14 million can be spread over 2 years, making $7M much more palatable to money bags Dolan.

This detail alone makes me think they will still sign Lin tonight. Also, with Shump out until January, perhaps even longer for 100% -- JKidd can play 2-guard much like he did with the Mavs and JJ Barrea.

More-Than-Most
07-17-2012, 06:12 PM
the knicks will give lin the key to the city when he busts... Great move for the knicks no ********...Now they have had an ok off season...Still not a title contender though

jam
07-17-2012, 06:13 PM
If it has not been mentioned yet, I just heard the new CBA allows for a team with a waived player to "stretch" the contract another year --- in others words, should NYK waive Lin before the 3rd year, the $14 million can be spread over 2 years, making $7M much more palatable to money bags Dolan.

This detail alone makes me think they will still sign Lin tonight. Also, with Shump out until January, perhaps even longer for 100% -- JKidd can play 2-guard much like he did with the Mavs and JJ Barrea.

You don't understand. Dolan is dumb. Look at the roster. It's old, it's slow, and they have NEGATIVE offensive chemistry.

Dolan is as dumb as a rock. The Knicks won't match.

TEXASTITAN
07-17-2012, 06:15 PM
Its not so much that he sucks, but the Rockets do suck which will in turn result in him also sucking. The bottom line is he will be terrible in Houston. The end.

NY has sucked it up since the last time you were in a finals and we kicked your @$$ and truth is Melodrama and Amare aren't getting you a ring ever. Keep talking ***** it makes watching the failure that is the NY Knicks so entertaining to watch. Even Phil Jackson knows which is why he gave you the finger lol he'd rather work with the Trail Blazers than coach your clowns that's hilarious.

TeamSeattle
07-17-2012, 06:18 PM
Jared Zwerling ‏@JaredZwerling
One of Jeremy Lin's trainers reaction to hearing some reports that the Knicks won't match: "Wow." That speaks volumes, either way.

Conflicting reports people, he's not out of ny yet.

jnash13
07-17-2012, 06:20 PM
Its funny how knicks refuse to pay Lin, a player that atleast brought revenue to the organization, but in the past paid mediocre players big money ie eddy curry

Punk
07-17-2012, 06:21 PM
The media is just creating a layer of lies to drive this crap.

JNoel
07-17-2012, 06:22 PM
This isn't surprising, there was no way they were matching, good move for the team financially moving forward

oak2455
07-17-2012, 06:23 PM
Its funny how knicks refuse to pay Lin, a player that atleast brought revenue to the organization, but in the past paid mediocre players big money ie eddy curry

They make not as much as you think go listen to Espn it's not that much

310Casper
07-17-2012, 06:26 PM
Jared Zwerling ‏@JaredZwerling
One of Jeremy Lin's trainers reaction to hearing some reports that the Knicks won't match: "Wow." That speaks volumes, either way.

Conflicting reports people, he's not out of ny yet.

that tweet in no way implies that NY is having 2nd thoughts as you're making it out to be.

it just means that lin's camp expected the knicks to match, that is all.

310Casper
07-17-2012, 06:27 PM
fat felton + 39 year old kidd = knicks future

WAYNEBO
07-17-2012, 06:30 PM
NY has sucked it up since the last time you were in a finals and we kicked your @$$ and truth is Melodrama and Amare aren't getting you a ring ever. Keep talking ***** it makes watching the failure that is the NY Knicks so entertaining to watch. Even Phil Jackson knows which is why he gave you the finger lol he'd rather work with the Trail Blazers than coach your clowns that's hilarious.

Morey thinks he's MoneyBall Man.... what have the Rockless asshats fielded for a squad to entertain us?

Your "Moron" GM had 2 quality PGs he chased out of town, kicked Lin to the curb, now wants him back... plays dirty with a contract... tries to save face/job.

You might have your 3rd PG in as many years, some Euro trash for PF, Camby at Center.. oh snap, he's backing up in NYK. And who else is on your sorry ***** team?

Keep haveing Hakeem Dreams ya redneck bumpkin.

Beltrans Mole
07-17-2012, 06:37 PM
fat felton + 39 year old kidd = knicks future

Felton isn't even a bad PG you people need to stop hating on the Knicks at every turn...ridiculous.

WAYNEBO
07-17-2012, 06:37 PM
I have 3 reasons why I still think the Knicks will match Houston's insane offer tonight:

1) Was watching the Nuggs/Knicks summer league game an a VERRY IMPORTANT comment was made about the Linsuation. I just heard the new CBA allows for a team with a waived player to “stretch” the contract another year - in others words, should NYK waive Lin before the 3rd year, the $14 million can be spread over 2 years, making $7M much more palatable to money bags Dolan.

2) Another important note about a certain provision in the CBA:
http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q23

"Teams above the apron do not have the same protections under the Gilbert Arenas provision (see question number 44). Under the Arenas provision other teams can offer restricted free agents salaries starting at the Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level exception. If a team with the right of first refusal does not have Early Bird rights to the player and is over the apron, it will have only the smaller Taxpayer Mid-Level exception at its disposal, and cannot match an offer for the full Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level exception."

This would explain GM Grunny wanting the Felton trade finalized before matching Lin's offer.

3) Finally, with Shump out until January, perhaps even longer for 100% — JKidd can play 2-guard much like he did with the Mavs and JJ Barrea — and JR SWISH and Felty backing up the 1 and 2 respectively.

TheRunKiller
07-17-2012, 06:41 PM
Houston already has a better pg dragic is much better...25 million will be coming off the bench what a joke

justinnum1
07-17-2012, 06:43 PM
Houston already has a better pg dragic is much better...25 million will be coming off the bench what a joke

He signed with phx

WAYNEBO
07-17-2012, 06:47 PM
El Moron blew Lowry and Dragic out the door... why would Lin want to follow their footsteps? He doesn't... he just wants the Knicks to rightfully pay up what they'll make off his booty.

EastNYLos
07-17-2012, 06:51 PM
too bad he got ****ed in the end!

mizzacNYC
07-17-2012, 07:00 PM
Agree, but i do think what some other poster said about him sitting vs miami makes sense. If he played in the playoffs vs miami at less than 100% it would have been ugly. But still, its the playoffs and everyone is playing at less than 100%

Lin watched what happened to Shumpert and Rose and said to himself I'm not gonna be next... I'm gonna sit back and cash out on this Linsanity...

TheRunKiller
07-17-2012, 07:00 PM
He signed with phx

oh then my bad

TheRunKiller
07-17-2012, 07:02 PM
ok anyways Felton is better than Lin

justinnum1
07-17-2012, 07:03 PM
Lin watched what happened to Shumpert and Rose and said to himself I'm not gonna be next... I'm gonna sit back and cash out on this Linsanity...

****ed up but he probably made himself an extra 5-10mil

TylerSL
07-17-2012, 07:03 PM
ok anyways Felton is better than Lin

^ lol

waveycrockett
07-17-2012, 07:04 PM
You're right he has 400 million lock in a starting 5 that might get him a 5 th seed at best....Smart guy!!!
Coming from a knicks :facepalm:

LA_Raiders
07-17-2012, 07:10 PM
Looks like NY is finally making the right moves...

chrism8188
07-17-2012, 07:13 PM
ok anyways felton is better than lin

lol

Chronz
07-17-2012, 07:15 PM
Looks like NY is finally making the right moves...

Letting a young talented prospect with off the court value go for nothing, GENIUS

calibird707
07-17-2012, 07:25 PM
Dont skew the stats to make snarky remarks. He didnt even play last year. He averaged 6 his last real season, and 8.5 the 2 before that. But good job twisting the numbers to get somewhat of a jab in. It almost worked.

AT least he didnt pay 20+ per for a declining pf/c that averaged 17 and 7, and is in the last year of his prime, who is also over 30, and had a lower per than NJ's "energy guy"...

That "energy guy" also had more Offensive win shares, defensive win shares, and offensive rating than your franchise player, for less than half the price last season.

Brook lopez is soft as water...end of discussion...

mizzacNYC
07-17-2012, 07:26 PM
Too many wild posters to quote them all so I'll just go in...

You think Knicks Fans are Mad ya wrong and right, Half of us don't like Lin Period. ( I'm not 1 of those)

You think Lin wants to be in HOU, wrong... He wants to be in NY making a mint, Oh well can't have ya cake and eat it too I guess He'll be missed...

Lin going back and changing the deal was rather snake-like but hey dog eat dog right...

HOU just did some crazy stuff... You cut the Kid then overpay him... Boy I hope for they sake he isn't the fluke most of these flip floppers called him last year...

Knicks have still improved this offseason with or without him... Nobody is crying for the lost of talent... They're upset they can't wear their Linsanity jerseys...

Knicks got better so F' it, and the new contracts we added are very movable compared to that HOU offer if Lin doesn't produce by yr 3...

justinnum1
07-17-2012, 07:32 PM
Too many wild posters to quote them all so I'll just go in...

You think Knicks Fans are Mad ya wrong and right, Half of us don't like Lin Period. ( I'm not 1 of those)

You think Lin wants to be in HOU, wrong... He wants to be in NY making a mint, Oh well can't have ya cake and eat it too I guess He'll be missed...

Lin going back and changing the deal was rather snake-like but hey dog eat dog right...

HOU just did some crazy stuff... You cut the Kid then overpay him... Boy I hope for they sake he isn't the fluke most of these flip floppers called him last year...

Knicks have still improved this offseason with or without him... Nobody is crying for the lost of talent... They're upset they can't wear their Linsanity jerseys...

Knicks got better so F' it, and the new contracts we added are very movable compared to that HOU offer if Lin doesn't produce by yr 3...
From my observation most people that joined before 2010 did not care for lin, those that joined after 2010(most) were lin homers. And that one guy evolution, he thought lin was top 5 pg.

In the longrun i think its a good move on the court, a bad move off the court. But felton will be better on the court than lin. Tho im nto sure it matters when you have melo and woodson.

rockbottom2010
07-17-2012, 07:33 PM
i made this forum 3 days....psd...not fair....

Jroz
07-17-2012, 07:35 PM
From my observation most people that joined before 2010 did not care for lin, those that joined after 2010(most) were lin homers. And that one guy evolution, he thought lin was top 5 pg.

In the longrun i think its a good move on the court, a bad move off the court. But felton will be better on the court than lin. Tho im nto sure it matters when you have melo and woodson.

thats pretty much a fair assumption, on a side note - I'm sick of tons and tons of non basketball fans in the office jumping on the wagon when Linsanity came aboard and took all of our company tickets!! now that he's gone maybe I can start using the seats more :rolleyes: hahah

GiantsSwaGG
07-17-2012, 07:41 PM
Why didnt they offer Gragic a big contract? He's better than Lin

oak2455
07-17-2012, 07:43 PM
Coming from a knicks :facepalm:

starting 5:clap: take your shoes off and do the math:clap::clap::clap:

Chronz
07-17-2012, 07:44 PM
Why didnt they offer Gragic a big contract? He's better than Lin

Because they would rather take Lin for less money and profit from his brand.

Anyways, its a joke, this has to be a joke, Knicks will match.

meloman1592
07-17-2012, 07:48 PM

He's gone bro lol

waveycrockett
07-17-2012, 07:48 PM
starting 5:clap: take your shoes off and do the math:clap::clap::clap:

*looks at Knicks bench*

*checks for AARP cards*

chrism8188
07-17-2012, 07:49 PM
He's gone bro lol

lol

jmoney85
07-17-2012, 08:03 PM

checkmate

torocan
07-17-2012, 08:04 PM
Letting Lin walk over the Luxury Tax is like closing your MOST profitable subsidiary because it raises your Tax Bracket.

SO many overpaid, underperforming, unlikable players on the Roster that you can move BEFORE the Luxury Tax and you let Lin walk?

Are we really going to argue that in 3 years Lin will be worse than Felton AND Kidd? That in 3 years a roster filled with 40 year olds, you CAN'T find better players do dump off, buy out and move BEFORE you trade Lin?

A $20M expiring Amare? A Camby? Kidd?

Let it play out, let's see how good Lin can really be, and if he's any good you DUMP the 40 year olds when they run out of gas in the tank.

It's a horrendously bad decision to let him walk... financially and basketball wise.

Lin cost the Knicks NOTHING. NO draft picks, NO Trades, NO begging in Free Agency. He FELL into the Knicks' lap.

Of course, let your most Profitable, popular, and one of your most promising prospects walk. THAT makes loads of sense... :facepalm:

As a fan of the Knicks, I understand the logic behind the Knicks' position, but if this is about the Money I honestly find this whole situation personally appalling.

GiantsSwaGG
07-17-2012, 08:16 PM

Gragic is better than Lin thou

osmosis da kid
07-17-2012, 08:19 PM
Letting Lin walk over the Luxury Tax is like closing your MOST profitable subsidiary because it raises your Tax Bracket.

SO many overpaid, underperforming, unlikable players on the Roster that you can move BEFORE the Luxury Tax and you let Lin walk?

Are we really going to argue that in 3 years Lin will be worse than Felton AND Kidd? That in 3 years a roster filled with 40 year olds, you CAN'T find better players do dump off, buy out and move BEFORE you trade Lin?

A $20M expiring Amare? A Camby? Kidd?

Let it play out, let's see how good Lin can really be, and if he's any good you DUMP the 40 year olds when they run out of gas in the tank.

It's a horrendously bad decision to let him walk... financially and basketball wise.

Lin cost the Knicks NOTHING. NO draft picks, NO Trades, NO begging in Free Agency. He FELL into the Knicks' lap.

Of course, let your most Profitable, popular, and one of your most promising prospects walk. THAT makes loads of sense... :facepalm:

As a fan of the Knicks, I understand the logic behind the Knicks' position, but if this is about the Money I honestly find this whole situation personally appalling.

You act like Lin is the 2nd coming of Michael Jordan the dude is ok with the right pieces around him to protect his flaws but without his protection he will be a sitting duck Shump deserves more credit that Lin does because a lot of those opportunities he got was because of his great defense.

jam
07-17-2012, 08:35 PM
You act like Lin is the 2nd coming of Michael Jordan the dude is ok with the right pieces around him to protect his flaws but without his protection he will be a sitting duck Shump deserves more credit that Lin does because a lot of those opportunities he got was because of his great defense.

In the past 2 seasons, without Lin and WITH the ginormous contracts of Carmelo and Amare, the Knicks are a .500 ball club.

In those two seasons (again without Lin and WITH Carmelo and Amare), the Knicks have 1 playoff win against 8 losses.

You've got to be an idiot to think that that's a great return on TWO max contracts.

LA_Raiders
07-17-2012, 08:40 PM
Good move by NY...

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-17-2012, 08:43 PM
Uh-Oh, a little over 3 hrs left before Linsanity in the Big Apple is officially dead!!!!! :speechless:

torocan
07-17-2012, 08:44 PM

No, what I'm saying is We Don't Know what he'll be. Everyone points out the sample size, but it was a Helluva sample.

This was basically his rookie/sophomore season. Who knows how good he'll be? If this was his first season as a draft pick, would folks be so SURE that he won't get any better? Hold him to the same scrutiny?

He could be average, or worse, or better.

Here's an odd stat.... Felton in his ENTIRE career never scored more than 32 points. Lin did 38 in his FOURTH start, off the BENCH.

I just want to SEE what happens. That's the definition of a prospect.

Put aside the media, look only at his games, that he's in his rookie/soph, forget his past and look at the stats.

Tell me that you'd look at any OTHER player doing that and say that THIS is as good as he'll ever be.

GiantsSwaGG
07-17-2012, 08:48 PM
No, what I'm saying is We Don't Know what he'll be. Everyone points out the sample size, but it was a Helluva sample.

This was basically his rookie/sophomore season. Who knows how good he'll be? If this was his first season as a draft pick, would folks be so SURE that he won't get any better? Hold him to the same scrutiny?

Here's an odd stat.... Felton in his ENTIRE career never scored more than 32 points. Lin did 38 in his FOURTH start, off the BENCH.

Put aside the media, look only at his games, that he's in his rookie/soph, forget his past and look at the stats.

Tell me that you'd look at any OTHER player doing that and say that THIS is as good as he'll ever be.

Charlie villenuava scored 49 points in one game, what's your point?

ryang
07-17-2012, 08:48 PM
good for the knicks..

waveycrockett
07-17-2012, 08:49 PM
Clifford Robinson scored 50 points just saying

Romo2Bryant
07-17-2012, 08:50 PM
I like tacos..

osmosis da kid
07-17-2012, 08:51 PM
in the past 2 seasons, without lin and with the ginormous contracts of carmelo and amare, the knicks are a .500 ball club.

In those two seasons (again without lin and with carmelo and amare), the knicks have 1 playoff win against 8 losses.

You've got to be an idiot to think that that's a great return on two max contracts.

i never said anything about melo or stat thats a whole another discussion in itself, what i did say is lin isn't worth 25 million on the court off the court yes and till the 3rd season

shump played defense for him, novak is a 3pt god, jj played hard defense for him, tyson is a beast down low he didnt win those games by himself, he wont have that same talent around him so hes gonna have to be a all-star which he isn't.

oak2455
07-17-2012, 08:52 PM
*looks at Knicks bench*

*checks for AARP cards*

still no answer I know its hard:D

waveycrockett
07-17-2012, 08:56 PM
still no answer I know its hard:D

Answer for what? It's your opinion that the Nets wont do anything in the playoffs.

goose14741
07-17-2012, 09:02 PM
Chris paul anyone? Nope. whose the next big name were supposed to go for? Kyrie irving in 2015-2016?

osmosis da kid
07-17-2012, 09:02 PM

It was Shump and kyrie irving rookie season to who cares the guy has glaring flaws no left hand so-so jumper and doesn't play defense and you want to give him 25 million. Lmao you tripping.

oak2455
07-17-2012, 09:04 PM
Answer for what? It's your opinion that the Nets wont do anything in the playoffs.

i said the $$$$$$$$$$$ for their starting 5:clap::clap:

osmosis da kid
07-17-2012, 09:05 PM

Just because he scored 38 in one game that makes him good player.:facepalm: you must be taking bath salts or something.

waveycrockett
07-17-2012, 09:27 PM
i said the $$$$$$$$$$$ for their starting 5:clap::clap:

This season determines whether that was money well spent or not. Deron Williams has lead lesser talent to the WCF.

Bornknick73
07-17-2012, 09:35 PM

This is my problem with all of this. Toro I respect your opinions and like what you bring to the table here but out of one side of your mouth you say you dont know and out the other you say this....

1) Lin signs, Asik/Howard do not sign

Young franchise PG, with lots of cap space, tons of picks, and loads of young players (including several Bench players from the Knicks) to Rebuild. Surrounded with minimal talent, he'll get a pass during the rebuilding process, just like Deron, Drue, etc.

2) Lin signs, Asik signs, Howard does not sign with/without Bynum.

Young franchise PG, decent Big, lots of cap space, tons of picks, and loads of young players (bench players from knicks), and can possibly get into the playoffs in 7th or 8th seed. Will get a partial pass while they assemble pieces.

We dont know what he'll be but youre already calling him a franchise PG?

Chris Paul is a franchise PG, DWill is a franchise PG, Rondo is a franchise PG. Now all of a sudden Lin is one too?

This is exactly where the hate from Knicks fans stem from. Other Knicks fans making a 25 game wonderboy into a franchise PG and saying the world will end if we dont keep him. Lin bandwagoners who are overstating his importance to the future of our franchise and trying to make the rest of us sound foolish or stupid for not entertaining thier train of thought.

Will he get us over the Miami hump the way a Paul, Rondo, Williams or Rose can?

Thats a big fat NO! Whats the difference in being a 50 win team or a 55-58 win team if he wont make a difference in beating Miami?

You know why some rookies have awesome starts to thier careers? Because no one has ever seen them and no one has compiled a scouting report yet. Once teams have had time to see him and gameplan accordingly, like Miami did, they will key on him and render him useless.

And that was Linsanity in a nutshell. A relative unknown who other teams had never seen and he caught them with their pants down. Now if he played a full season with teams gunning for him and he played like that I would have no problem agreeing with the bandwagoners. But he hasnt.

Its common sense. No one knew who he was, no one knew his strengths and weaknesses and he ran crazy on them. Let him do it for more than 25 games with teams gameplanning against him before we anoint him the next franchise PG.

This is why Knicks fans resent the Lin lovefest. 25 mil for a 25 game wonder who no one knew, seen or heard about.

And college kids who have played 25 games or more have been scouted since high school, thier strengths and weaknesses are known throughout collegiate sports circles. Some of the better freshman have been gameplanned against since the first time they stepped on a NCAA court.

Verbal Christ
07-17-2012, 09:39 PM
Knicks will match at the last minute. All this drama is to 'get even' with morey. Funny cuz morey is probably at home giggling while he figures out who he's going to draft and pick up via free agency in the year 2017.

Rocket fans are just as indifferent. He comes here cool. He stays there meh. This is not determining the future of the franchise.

Hopefully they match so that PSD doesn't get locked up with suicidal Lin threads and a NY vs HOU flame war.

Bornknick73
07-17-2012, 09:44 PM
A lot of people like to pull his tiny sample size of stats out to prove how good he is but what I'd like to know is.....

Did any of the teams who he played have those stats to draw any kind of conclusion from? The good teams, the well coached teams will find his flaws.

Thats why he didnt play in the playoffs. He knew Miami would have destroyed him and he didnt want to ruin this non sensical run to this insane contract.

Do i think jeremy can be a good player? Of course I do. I see what he has done. I see the gifts he has. But am I gonna give him that money and say my franchise is doomed without him? Especially after only 25 games?

HELL ****ING NO!!

I dont hate Jeremy....I loathe the people who are trying to make him out to be Derrick Rose and Iverson all rolled into one!

D12 fan
07-17-2012, 09:45 PM
The knicks will be stuck with fatboy felton and old drunk man kidd as their pg's.

LA_Raiders
07-17-2012, 10:00 PM
Good move by NY...

Baller33
07-17-2012, 10:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXlBAb-sA2c

keetyweedy
07-17-2012, 10:07 PM
Morey just needed someone to put ***** in seats to save his ***, and he found it

torocan
07-17-2012, 10:07 PM
This is my problem with all of this. Toro I respect your opinions and like what you bring to the table here but out of one side of your mouth you say you dont know and out the other you say this....

We dont know what he'll be but youre already calling him a franchise PG?

Chris Paul is a franchise PG, DWill is a franchise PG, Rondo is a franchise PG. Now all of a sudden Lin is one too?

This is exactly where the hate from Knicks fans stem from. Other Knicks fans making a 25 game wonderboy into a franchise PG and saying the world will end if we dont keep him. Lin bandwagoners who are overstating his importance to the future of our franchise and trying to make the rest of us sound foolish or stupid for not entertaining thier train of thought.

Will he get us over the Miami hump the way a Paul, Rondo, Williams or Rose can?

Thats a big fat NO! Whats the difference in being a 50 win team or a 55-58 win team if he wont make a difference in beating Miami?

You know why some rookies have awesome starts to thier careers? Because no one has ever seen them and no one has compiled a scouting report yet. Once teams have had time to see him and gameplan accordingly, like Miami did, they will key on him and render him useless.

And that was Linsanity in a nutshell. A relative unknown who other teams had never seen and he caught them with their pants down. Now if he played a full season with teams gunning for him and he played like that I would have no problem agreeing with the bandwagoners. But he hasnt.

Its common sense. No one knew who he was, no one knew his strengths and weaknesses and he ran crazy on them. Let him do it for more than 25 games with teams gameplanning against him before we anoint him the next franchise PG.

This is why Knicks fans resent the Lin lovefest. 25 mil for a 25 game wonder who no one knew, seen or heard about.

And college kids who have played 25 games or more have been scouted since high school, thier strengths and weaknesses are known throughout collegiate sports circles. Some of the better freshman have been gameplanned against since the first time they stepped on a NCAA court.

It's a definition thing. Franchise in terms of filling seats/face. I suppose I could have just said "marquee". If you have a team and want to fill seats, Lin is as good as most players to start.

There are LOTS of Great players that you can't call a Marquee player.

So shoot me.

SouthSideRookie
07-17-2012, 10:16 PM
Morey just needed someone to put ***** in seats to save his ***, and he found it

Hey Moron, Morey is doing what your team should be doing. Fools gold, Mavs mini run is over and aren't going anywhere.

jam
07-17-2012, 10:27 PM
Dumb Dolan, Fat Felton and Missy MisDemeanor Kidd. Rusty Wheels Amare and Fat Melo. A couple of old geezers in Thomas and Camby.

J Lin rides the crimson wave to riches while Dumb and Dumber Dolan throws a PMS tantrum and refuses to match.

What a brilliant offseason.

There are plenty of fun things to do in NY. Following the knicks is not one of them.

keetyweedy
07-17-2012, 10:33 PM
Hey Moron, Morey is doing what your team should be doing. Fools gold, Mavs mini run is over and aren't going anywhere.

what is it w/ you rockets fans & constructive criticism lol Morey is an Idiot face the facts, its threads all around this forum about him being the worst gm and this possibly being rockets worst off-season & out of all post you come at me? get out your feelings.....the rockets are not even close to accomplishing what dallas has accomplished in the past 10 yrs & they wont if they continue to let morey make the bone-headed like decisions, like the ones he has made so far

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-17-2012, 10:36 PM
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
Knicks spokesman confirms that Jeremy Lin's offer sheet will not be matched. @JLin7 is now officially a Rocket.

It's done.

GSPftw
07-17-2012, 10:36 PM
Morey thinks he's MoneyBall Man.... what have the Rockless asshats fielded for a squad to entertain us?

Your "Moron" GM had 2 quality PGs he chased out of town, kicked Lin to the curb, now wants him back... plays dirty with a contract... tries to save face/job.

You might have your 3rd PG in as many years, some Euro trash for PF, Camby at Center.. oh snap, he's backing up in NYK. And who else is on your sorry ***** team?

Keep haveing Hakeem Dreams ya redneck bumpkin.

U mad bro?

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-17-2012, 10:37 PM
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
Knicks spokesman confirms that Jeremy Lin's offer sheet will not be matched. @JLin7 is now officially a Rocket.

It's done.

Linsanity is dead in New York :speechless:

Can anyone say.....Morey-Sanity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GiantsSwaGG
07-17-2012, 10:42 PM
How do rocket fans feel about this?

chrism8188
07-17-2012, 10:47 PM

truthfully i think he is overpaid, virtually stat wise same as dragic, more turnovers tho, but i always said rockets need to spend money so i guess this would be the case. This makes us young, but this is no where near done, we need so much more work

iisballsdeep
07-17-2012, 10:48 PM
Dolan got angry that Lin played with his balllllzzzzzzzzz but then he let Daryl Morey f* him in the arseeeeeeeee.

Got to wonder if Dolan is still on narcotics.

Punk
07-17-2012, 10:53 PM
And, I can't wait for the Lin trolls and fanboys to go to Houston and GTFO. Anyhow, I am deeply disappointed but I am not crying about it like some of the weaklings around PSD.

Congrats to Houston, congrats to Lin getting the keys to the Houston Rockets franchise. I hope he can make the All-star team this year.

More-Than-Most
07-17-2012, 10:55 PM
And, I can't wait for the Lin trolls and fanboys to go to Houston and GTFO. Anyhow, I am deeply disappointed but I am not crying about it like some of the weaklings around PSD.

Congrats to Houston, congrats to Lin getting the keys to the Houston Rockets franchise. I hope he can make the All-star team this year.

Missing out on Lin is a blessing in Disguise.... Your Organization just Dodged a bullet...I have said this all along

Crackadalic
07-17-2012, 10:55 PM
Lin is a good player. Houston is getting a hard working player. Idk if he's worth 15 mil his 3rd year but enjoy

Evolution23
07-17-2012, 10:57 PM
Missing out on Lin is a blessing in Disguise.... Your Organization just Dodged a bullet...I have said this all along

Thanks

eternal slumber
07-17-2012, 10:59 PM

buddy, i respect you for this. very well said. you just took the words out of my mouth.

eternal slumber
07-17-2012, 11:03 PM

for me as a Rocket fan, this is good news. we would not have to imagine Toney Doulas being our starting point guard, just gives me the creeps about it.

also, Rockets being relevant again in a way is always good news.

FOBolous
07-17-2012, 11:05 PM
A lot of people like to pull his tiny sample size of stats out to prove how good he is but what I'd like to know is.....

Did any of the teams who he played have those stats to draw any kind of conclusion from? The good teams, the well coached teams will find his flaws.

Thats why he didnt play in the playoffs. He knew Miami would have destroyed him and he didnt want to ruin this non sensical run to this insane contract.

Do i think jeremy can be a good player? Of course I do. I see what he has done. I see the gifts he has. But am I gonna give him that money and say my franchise is doomed without him? Especially after only 25 games?

HELL ****ING NO!!

I dont hate Jeremy....I loathe the people who are trying to make him out to be Derrick Rose and Iverson all rolled into one!

it's really dumb to try to debate about how good, or bad, Lin will be. why? because, NO ONE KNOWS HOW GOOD OR BAD LIN WILL BE. What we DO know is that he put up a historical 25 games stretch. We also know that it's just 25 games...a minuscule sample size. I'd like to think he will grown into a star one day because...

1. he's young
2. he has good size for his position
3. he's hardworking
4. he's smart
5. he experienced success at every level of basketball he played at

but in the end, debating about whether he's overhyped or not is dumb because neither side has enough evidence to support their claim...all they have is their gut feelings.

and no one thinks he's Derrick Rose/Allen Iverson rolled into one. That's why he's only getting 5 million/year for the first two years. everyone just likes him because he's a likable guy...an inspiring figure that brings hope...a fan favorite. who also just happens to have potential.

elizur
07-17-2012, 11:11 PM

Ooohh, you are so manly

Vincent33
07-17-2012, 11:16 PM
Tough to say right now if this was a good decision by New York to let Lin go to Houston.
The first two years are cake obviously at only ~$5M/yr. They would have options in that poison pill third year. If he was doing well, they could trade him before the 14/15 season. Plus, that season is Amare's last with the Knicks right?. By that time, he would be a wonderful contract to trade, since some team could be willing to take his awful final year on in order to dump it in the next offseason.

I guess Knicks will see how Felton does in a Woodson led offense.

scutch11
07-17-2012, 11:17 PM
Well one things for sure. It's gonna be REALLY interesting to see how he and the knicks/rockets perform this season. I for one, will root for him to fail, because I'm a spiteful, bitter Knicks fan. Nothing personal, just protocol.

AllBall
07-17-2012, 11:28 PM

Hope?

You don't have to hope.

With 1billion+ votes coming in from China its pretty much a guarantee he's going to be on the roster. Houston still has that Yao Ming fanbase going for them.

SouthSideRookie
07-17-2012, 11:31 PM
Hope?

You don't have to hope.

With 1billion+ votes coming in from China its pretty much a guarantee he's going to be on the roster. Houston still has that Yao Ming fanbase going for them.

and guess where the all star game is this upcoming season :laugh2:

SportsAndrew25
07-17-2012, 11:42 PM
I find it odd that James Dolan was willing to blow money on D-League level players for 10 years yet is unwilling to pay a PG who has tremendous upside.

torocan
07-17-2012, 11:51 PM
I find it odd that James Dolan was willing to blow money on D-League level players for 10 years yet is unwilling to pay a PG who has tremendous upside.

I stopped trying to figure out the Knicks FO ages ago.

The Ball will tell us who got it right and who's full of it in the end...

rockets-fan
07-18-2012, 12:00 AM
Lin is a good player. Houston is getting a hard working player. Idk if he's worth 15 mil his 3rd year but enjoy

We're not paying him $15 mill is third season

jmoney85
07-18-2012, 12:02 AM
We're not paying him $15 mill is third season

uhhhh?

blastmasta26
07-18-2012, 12:03 AM
uhhhh?
Houston gets to pay him 8 mil a year.

jmoney85
07-18-2012, 12:05 AM
Houston gets to pay him 8 mil a year.

how the hell is that possible?

eternal slumber
07-18-2012, 12:06 AM
bet this ends the Toney Douglas being Houston's starting point guard joke, i assume.

waveycrockett
07-18-2012, 12:07 AM
how the hell is that possible?

Loophole in the CBA. They could of paid Dragic and Lowry 8MM/year lol

waveycrockett
07-18-2012, 12:08 AM
bet this ends the Toney Douglas being Houston's starting point guard joke, i assume.

Toney Douglas wasn't the one in the D-league 8 months ago so I wouldn't assume

eternal slumber
07-18-2012, 12:08 AM
i assumes this would end the Toney Douglas being the Rockets starting point guard jokes, right?

jmoney85
07-18-2012, 12:10 AM
Loophole in the CBA. They could of paid Dragic and Lowry 8MM/year lol

yea wtf is that lol... dragic is much better than lin lol

Captain Moroni
07-18-2012, 12:16 AM
Rockets got a great young player, congrats you're gonna love linsanity.