PDA

View Full Version : Grant Hill less likely to join Lakers

joeystats
07-17-2012, 09:33 AM
"The Clippers also made contact with free-agent forward Grant Hill, who appeared less likely to join the Lakers despite conversations with Kobe Bryant and Coach Mike Brown."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-clippers-20120717,0,2242147.story

UPDATE

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA
Reply Retweet Favorite ·More
Free agent Grant Hill has reached agreement on a deal with the Los Angeles Clippers, league sources tells Y!

LakeShowRaiders
07-17-2012, 09:48 AM
Really the clippers? If you were gonna play in LA why wouldn't u want to play for the contenders. Smh. O well, u had ur chance grant.

Rocco007
07-17-2012, 09:54 AM
After signing Jamison, I prefer to go younger..ie; Brandon Rush...

The goods
07-17-2012, 10:09 AM
If we do have Jamison we don't need Hill get someone younger please.

joeystats
07-17-2012, 10:39 AM
I just like Hills defense

Iron24th
07-17-2012, 10:40 AM
Yep if Jamison is signed, no need for grant, get lee, meeks or rush or whoever younger.

Iron24th
07-17-2012, 10:42 AM
If we re-sign jordan hill and get Jamison, can you imagine how much better this combo will be compared to murphy/mcrob?!

majmarcus
07-17-2012, 10:44 AM
For some reason, Im not at all surprised by this...

New Power House
07-17-2012, 10:48 AM
I just like Hills defense

He does not help to spread the floor! It will all depend on the kind of money he is looking for! Lakers need younger but experience players at the 2 and the 3 to come from the bench! But money is short! So hills maybe unless he wants to take advantage by asking for 3mill.

GibbyIsMyHero
07-17-2012, 10:51 AM
Why are we talking about age as if it somehow makes you better simply to be younger?

Are you likely to be able to play more minutes when you're younger? Yeah, but we're talking about shoring up the BENCH.

Skillset, experience, the ability to play well in short spurts, and style of play are far more important factors than age alone, especially from the bench.

Having said that, I like Courtney Lee and Brandon Rush anyway, but you guys should have better reasons than "we need someone younger."

GREATNESS ONE
07-17-2012, 10:53 AM
I would love a young shooter.

Saying that reports are everywhere and really just out there for the story. We'll see what happens.

Iron24th
07-17-2012, 10:58 AM
Why are we talking about age as if it somehow makes you better simply to be younger?

Are you likely to be able to play more minutes when you're younger? Yeah, but we're talking about shoring up the BENCH.

Skillset, experience, the ability to play well in short spurts, and style of play are far more important factors than age alone, especially from the bench.

Having said that, I like Courtney Lee and Brandon Rush anyway, but you guys should have better reasons than "we need someone younger."

We need athleticism, a slasher or two, I'm not against having vets, but we can't have only vets, we need youngs guns too,we have enough vets.

Look at SA, they have leonard, green, splitter and neal to mesh well with the vets.

joeystats
07-17-2012, 11:04 AM
He does not help to spread the floor! It will all depend on the kind of money he is looking for! Lakers need younger but experience players at the 2 and the 3 to come from the bench! But money is short! So hills maybe unless he wants to take advantage by asking for 3mill.

As long as the moneys right I still want him, his defense is amazing and he can knock down the open shot, run, and slash. He's not the best at creating his own shot but you can't leave him open. I think the Lakers have it in their heads that they are not worried about age, this team is not for the future, this team is here for a 3 year run to try and grab another championship. Then we will worry about getting younger and rebuilding around Bynum/DH12.

jayjay33
07-17-2012, 11:13 AM
Martell webster?

lakersiznumber1
07-17-2012, 11:18 AM
the clips steal another from us i hate those guys:mad: i cant wait 2 crush them this year

Mcdoh
07-17-2012, 11:28 AM
maybe grant cant wait any longer for the lakers to offer him a contract..

Kevj77
07-17-2012, 11:30 AM
We need athleticism, a slasher or two, I'm not against having vets, but we can't have only vets, we need youngs guns too,we have enough vets.

Look at SA, they have leonard, green, splitter and neal to mesh well with the vets.The Spurs drafted Splitter, traded for Leeonard, Green and Neal are from the Spanish league and D league if I remember right. A lot of people talk about Rush, Lee and Meeks, but they are retricted free agents I think wouldn't their teams match a mini-mle offer.

The last time we had youth Ariza, Farmar, Sasha, Brown we drafted or traded for it all. You don't get decent young players for the mini-mle or vet min in free agency.

To get youth we will probably have to sign and trade. I'd still like it, but Hill is the best we can get for the vet min and would be a good pick-up.

Mcdoh
07-17-2012, 11:31 AM
Martell webster?

i dont mind having webster... but i dont think we can afford him..

Avenged
07-17-2012, 11:44 AM
I mean you would prefer the Clippers than the Lakers? Lol. not saying the Clippers suck but come on, we have Kobe freaking Bryant, Steve Nash, Andrew Bynum, oh and Pau Gasol...

Tymathee
07-17-2012, 12:11 PM
to be honest, they can have him. not only his numbers but his percentages have gone down each year. I'd rather have Ebanks off the bench, I'll get the name numbers with more athleticism and you have someone that'll be around for more than a year.

As for picking the clippers...he's probably figuring he'll get more PT here, even though he'll be asked to do less.

also, since we aren't looking to use the MMLE, he can get a little more from the clips.

a lot of these players are money driven over win driven.

shep33
07-17-2012, 12:22 PM
Seems like Hill is going to the Clips according to the NBA forum. Once it's confirmed by another source we'll close this sucker

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-17-2012, 12:32 PM
maybe grant cant wait any longer for the lakers to offer him a contract..

Or maybe he's just pussying out because of the pressure of playing for the Lakers and the fact that he can receive the biannual exception from the Clips while the 1.3/1.4M from the Lakers. He could be greedy for that extra half million per yr. But I also think he doesn't want that pressure to end his career. I remember those offseasons when we used to offer him the full 5.7M mid-level exception in past summers and still used to turn us down. Eh, let him be that 'ringless warrior'. Moving on from him....don't know, don't care anymore.

troyler21hxc
07-17-2012, 12:35 PM
Oh come on grant y don't you want to join the retirement home

J4KOP99
07-17-2012, 12:37 PM
Do the right thing grant. Have Kobe talk to coach k and then have coach call grant. That should do the job.

L.ADreamz
07-17-2012, 12:38 PM
Grant Hill "is going to the Clippers," according to Phoenix sports radio host John Gambadoro.
Gambadoro was first to have the news on Steve Nash heading to the Lakers, so we're inclined to believe that Hill may have an agreement in place with Los Angeles. Although he was rumored to be joining the Lakers, it appears as if Hill has opted for the other Los Angeles team instead. Source: John Gambadoro on Twitter Jul 17 - 12:20 PMPlayer

joeystats
07-17-2012, 12:44 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA
Reply Retweet Favorite ·More
Free agent Grant Hill has reached agreement on a deal with the Los Angeles Clippers, league sources tells Y!

J4KOP99
07-17-2012, 12:45 PM
I really hope we dominate the clips this year...

Iron24th
07-17-2012, 12:46 PM
Clippers over Lakers??!!! Really grant??!!!

F U!!!

shep33
07-17-2012, 12:47 PM
Going to the Clips, time to close this sucker