PDA

View Full Version : Ranking Eastern Conference Playoff Teams Offseason.

Atl Bill
07-17-2012, 01:07 AM
This is just my opinion. based on the moves of the roster, i wont take into consideration the draft only because none of them have any nba experience or numbers to judge their output understand how their skills match up.
Going in order by regular season wins:
Chicago: Grade D, as of right now they have holes and havent addressed much. (projected 7th seed)
Miami: B-, got better, but need another big + a pg. (projected #1 seed)
Indiana: C-, shaked up a little bit, but nothing worthy. (projected #3 seed)
Boston: C+, lost allen, but got jet. (#2)
Atlanta: B+, Complete roster overhaul, remain competitive amounts to the same production as last season, but create much needed flexibility, but got lou williams. (#4)
Orlando: F+, dont have a HC, and have made a complete dumbass out of the organization for not trading d12 during the regular season. (wont make playoffs)
NYK: C, retained jr, brought in kidd and felton, but lost lin, still have issues.(projected #6th seed)
Philly: C-, took a step back but remain an 8th seed team. (projected #8th seed)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BK Nets didn't make the playoffs, but i give them (projected #5 seed) offeason grade of B+, debate their backcourt, but their hella good.

Atl Bill
07-17-2012, 01:12 AM
sorry i didn't go into full details about each teams transactions, but you get the point, if u think a team should get a higher or lower grade, plz state why. rmr this is just my opinion i am not dogging on any1's teams, this how i see it.

Atl Bill
07-17-2012, 01:14 AM
also, much appreciated if some1 does this for the west.

HYFR
07-17-2012, 01:14 AM
Knicks didnt lose lin yet

seikou8
07-17-2012, 01:15 AM
This is just my opinion. based on the moves of the roster, i wont take into consideration the draft only because none of them have any nba experience or numbers to judge their output understand how their skills match up.
Chicago: Grade D, as of right now they have holes and havent addressed much. (projected 7th seed)
Atlanta: B+, Complete roster overhaul, remain competitive amounts to the same production as last season, but create much needed flexibility, but got lou williams. (#4)
Orlando: F+, dont have a HC, and have made a complete dumbass out of the organization for not trading d12 during the regular season. (wont make playoffs)
NYK: C, retained jr, brought in kidd and felton, but lost lin, still have issues.(projected #6th seed)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BK Nets didn't make the playoffs, but i give them (projected #5 seed) offeason grade of B+, debate their backcourt, but their hella good.

we didn't lose lin yet and we should have a b- with all the talent WE HAVE GATHERED but games arent played in the offseason camby kidd felton thomas are good soild rotational players

Atl Bill
07-17-2012, 01:16 AM
Knicks didnt lose lin yet

if they were going to match, they would have done. don't see it happening unless you got some insiders info, but i am not god, so anythings possible.

Yankeefan213
07-17-2012, 01:18 AM
The Nets are so ****ing overrated in this forum. They honestly haven't proved a thing and for some reason people think they are a lock to make the playoffs? How do you know Johnson and Williams can co exist? How do you know Lopez is a good enough center defensively?

Vinny642
Hornets- A+

We kept EJ, we drafted Davis(who without having played a NBA game is already on the Team USA roster), We get Austin Rivers, we get a lot more cap space for next season(and this offseason too) we got rid of long and expensive contracts, we get Most Improved Player in Ryan Anderson.... I am happy :)

Fnom11
Heat don't need a PG, Chalmers/Cole will have a good year.
Bulls definitely deserve a fat F. Pretty sure they're tanking this season.
Celtics I'd say more like a C. Ray>Jet imo.
Atl is maybe a C+ at best. They may of gotten rid of JJ but they didn't upgrade their team at all.

Everything else I agree with.

Fnom11
07-17-2012, 01:19 AM
Hornets- A+

We kept EJ, we drafted Davis(who without having played a NBA game is already on the Team USA roster), We get Austin Rivers, we get a lot more cap space for next season(and this offseason too) we got rid of long and expensive contracts, we get Most Improved Player in Ryan Anderson.... I am happy :)

Well he did say playoff teams. Hornets may be close though.

blastmasta26
07-17-2012, 01:20 AM
Hornets- A+

Hornets were not and aren't a playoff team IMO.

HYFR
Lol ok man ur right ur opinion stands wtf

seikou8
if they were going to match, they would have done. don't see it happening unless you got some insiders info, but i am not god, so anythings possible.

sometimes people take their time to make a decision , knick can take their time after all its only three days

blastmasta26
07-17-2012, 01:21 AM
sometimes people take their time to make a decision , knick can take their time after all its only three days
I hope the Knicks match, but it certainly doesn't look like they will.

Atl Bill
we didn't lose lin yet and we should have a b- with all the talent WE HAVE GATHERED but games arent played in the offseason camby kidd felton thomas are good soild rotational players

B-, fair grade. i accept even with a lin loss. you guys would fair well with better depth. i dont think woody is the HC you guys need. He is known to work well with proven pg's. i like how he worked with bibby n think he'll fair really well with kidd

Delusional
Here's mine:

1. Miami - World champs deserve the #1 seed until they prove otherwise. Especially with Allen on board.
2. Boston - Losing Allen hurt, but Terry's overall game is better than Allen's at this point. Bringing back Jeff Green is also a good step for them.
3. Indiana - Probably the top team in the NBA in terms of depth at all positions.
4. Chicago - Not having Rose for the first third of the season is going to hurt, but Thibs is too good of a coach to let his roster fall any further than this.
5. Brooklyn - They have one of the best starting lineups in the league. The only thing holding them back is the lack of depth.
6. New York - They've done a nice job of adding solid role players to an already good roster. Could be ranked higher if it weren't for other teams simply being better.
7. Atlanta - I see them taking a bit of a tumble this year. Lou Williams isn't enough to make up for it.
8. Philadelphia - They haven't gotten any worse, but they definitely have not gotten better either.

Vinny642
07-17-2012, 01:24 AM
Hornets were not and aren't a playoff team IMO.

http://t.qkme.me/3ofq2i.jpg

You deserve post of the year for that one man.... as you can see we didn't make the playoffs last year, so no **** we weren't a playoff team, you dont have to be a playoff team to get an A+, but just after one full offseason, our rebuiilding process is amazing right now, and after next offseason we will be a playoff team, considering we have enough $$ for a max contract. ;)

goku
07-17-2012, 01:24 AM
Atl is maybe a C+ at best. They may of gotten rid of JJ but they didn't upgrade their team at all.

if the Celtics add Courtney lee

Jet & Lee > Allen

add scoring and defense

Atl Bill
07-17-2012, 01:27 AM

Chalmers and cole make a decent tandem, but would have loved to see a seasoned vet come in here or someone to come in and make chalmers play better.
Bulls i'll agree seem to be tanking.
Atl, i can't agree. bench + backcourt is way better. even with the trade of jj and williams i still feel we improved and those two players production will be replaced one way or another from the roster.

Atl Bill
07-17-2012, 01:30 AM
:facepalm:
http://t.qkme.me/3ofq2i.jpg

You deserve post of the year for that one man.... as you can see we didn't make the playoffs last year, so no **** we weren't a playoff team, you dont have to be a playoff team to get an A+, but just after one full offseason, our rebuiilding process is amazing right now, and after next offseason we will be a playoff team, considering we have enough $$ for a max contract. ;)

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm:
EASTERN CONFERENCE TEAMS!! didn't know nolo played in the East.

IronMan21
07-17-2012, 01:30 AM
nj-a+

Atl Bill
07-17-2012, 01:31 AM
The Nets are so ****ing overrated in this forum. They honestly haven't proved a thing and for some reason people think they are a lock to make the playoffs? How do you know Johnson and Williams can co exist? How do you know Lopez is a good enough center defensively?

jj and d will will get 50 between the two of them night in and night out.

Vinny642
07-17-2012, 01:33 AM
:facepalm:

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm:
EASTERN CONFERENCE TEAMS!! didn't know nolo played in the East.

NOLA is actually called the Big EASY.... the actual state is in the East.... so technically the Hornets play in the East

Atl Bill
07-17-2012, 01:34 AM
Here's mine:

1. Miami - World champs deserve the #1 seed until they prove otherwise. Especially with Allen on board.
2. Boston - Losing Allen hurt, but Terry's overall game is better than Allen's at this point. Bringing back Jeff Green is also a good step for them.
3. Indiana - Probably the top team in the NBA in terms of depth at all positions.
4. Chicago - Not having Rose for the first third of the season is going to hurt, but Thibs is too good of a coach to let his roster fall any further than this.
5. Brooklyn - They have one of the best starting lineups in the league. The only thing holding them back is the lack of depth.
6. New York - They've done a nice job of adding solid role players to an already good roster. Could be ranked higher if it weren't for other teams simply being better.
7. Atlanta - I see them taking a bit of a tumble this year. Lou Williams isn't enough to make up for it.
8. Philadelphia - They haven't gotten any worse, but they definitely have not gotten better either.

i would flip atl and chi. i dont see rose being the same player he was before after that injury, and they just don't have the same team and chemistry.

seikou8
07-17-2012, 01:34 AM
jj and d will will get 50 between the two of them night in and night out.

:rolleyes::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Fnom11
07-17-2012, 01:37 AM
if the Celtics add Courtney lee

Jet & Lee > Allen

add scoring and defense

I agree

Atl Bill
07-17-2012, 01:37 AM
NOLA is actually called the Big EASY.... the actual state is in the East.... so technically the Hornets play in the East

i'll let you pass cuz ur a braves fan, but other than that i really have to question your ability to comprehend english. EASTERN CONFERENCE. Nolo plays in the western conference LOL. y'all are 3 yrs from being relevant Davis will get his softass raped in the booty hole by bynum. even Mcgee will put it in his hole.

celtics 34
07-17-2012, 01:39 AM
:rolleyes::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Lol that's sig worthy

Vinny642
07-17-2012, 01:40 AM
i'll let you pass cuz ur a braves fan, but other than that i really have to question your ability to comprehend english. EASTERN CONFERENCE. Nolo plays in the western conference LOL. y'all are 3 yrs from being relevant Davis will get his softass raped in the booty hole by bynum. even Mcgee will put it in his hole.

Three years? Next year we are a playoff team, and you do know KG and Duncan weren't big when they stepped foot in the league right? Davis already gained two lbs... and that is one center, he can guard most other centers, this league isn't filled with big dominant centers... so your point is?

Atl Bill
07-17-2012, 01:41 AM
Joe Johnson will compliment D will really well. he thrived in Phx with Nash, and i see D Will being a better and more fitting player. He just never had that elite pg in atl to play with. niggazzz wont b doublin up on jj. by all means he ufckin blew in atl, but no denying his shot is nasty n if u give him space which d will will create late in the games 2nd 3rd quarter jj will tear yo *** up.

Atl Bill
07-17-2012, 01:43 AM
his shot got him overpaid.

Atl Bill
07-17-2012, 01:44 AM
n his cash got him laid.

j-bay
07-17-2012, 01:44 AM
Washington Wizards-B+
Got Beal, Okafor, and Ariza to go with Wall, Crawford, Nene, and Veasly

Atl Bill
07-17-2012, 02:28 AM
Washington Wizards-B+
Got Beal, Okafor, and Ariza to go with Wall, Crawford, Nene, and Veasly

they will make some noise.

EvanTurner
07-17-2012, 07:53 AM
sixers took a step back? Whenwe added 2 shooters, 3 7 footers? O an already good team. Child please

mjm07
07-17-2012, 08:37 AM
Miami doesn't need another PG when we have Chalmers/Cole not to mention D-Wade and Bron Bron being able to handle the rock. Its still early and maybe they can obtain a decent center or develop one (Pittman) or both ( Oden ). I'd give them a solid B for getting Ray Ray and Lewis on the cheap.

theheatles
07-17-2012, 08:59 AM
Heat have no need for a pg by any stretch, chalmers, cole, wade and bron will all play point and why would the heat need a center...other teams need more wings and athleticism and other teams need to catch up to miami, because miami doesn't need anything else

IKAZ
07-17-2012, 09:00 AM

You'd be dreaming to think the raptors wont make the playoffs over orlando and atlanta.

Raps got 8th and could possibly fight with philly for 7th. I also dont think NY will be all that but they will probabaly finish above raps n sixers.

Have some respect for other teams when you start a thread buddy.

ranking is going to be

Miami
Boston
New Jersey
Indiana
Chicago
New york
Toronto
Philadelphia

LongIslandIcedZ
07-17-2012, 09:06 AM
Chalmers might not be amazing, but he is without a doubt a good player. Playing with the Big 3 might make him look a little better than he actually is, but he is still a quality starter. I see no reason for the Heat to need a PG.

29$JerZ
07-17-2012, 09:18 AM
This was the Knicks support last season

Baron Davis - Out for year
Mike Bibby
Toney Douglas
Landry Fields
JR SMITH
Steve Novak
Jared Jeffries
Josh Harrellson

This is what NY Has replace them with

Jason Kidd
Raymond Felton
Prigori
JR Smith
Steve Novak
Kurt Thomas
Marcus Camby

I don't see how that's a C
Anytime you are able to replace Bibby and Jeffries as your main support you are vastly improving.

IKAZ
07-17-2012, 09:41 AM
Felton wasnt great running the point for portland last year.. and he was doin good b4 on inflated dantoni stats.. kidd is 40 years old dude

jr smith is as bad as Carmelo.. 5-15 on given night.s.. 7 of 9 on other night.

kurt thomas? camby - toes,legs,feet,balls,nails .. all kind of injuries.. 3 good games.. 5 games missing.

NY shudda just kept wilson chandler, gallinari, felton at that time with amare they were great.. now i dont think they're going anywhere and dont ever call them a big 3 cause tyson chandler aint no star

scutch11
07-17-2012, 10:05 AM
kurt thomas? camby - toes,legs,feet,balls,nails .. all kind of injuries.. 3 good games.. 5 games missing.

Camby only missed 5 games all of last year. He wasn't injury prone at all.

NY shudda just kept wilson chandler, gallinari, felton at that time with amare they were great.. now i dont think they're going anywhere

That team was absolutely going no where. For all the talk of how great they were, they were barely above .500. And since they went to Denver, with a better supporting cast and depth, they haven't won anything significant either. You need stars to win. Just look at all the past champs.

dont ever call them a big 3 cause tyson chandler aint no star

Tyson Chandler won defensive player of the year last year, and set the NBA record for true shooting percentage. If he's not a star, then he's goddamn close.

This post is just all sorts of wrong.

scutch11
07-17-2012, 10:26 AM
I've got:

1: Miami
2: Indiana
3: Boston
4: NY
5: Chicago
6: Brooklyn
7: Philly
8: Atlanta/Milwaukee/Cleveland

Indiana is built for the regular season, at least moreso than the Celtics/Knicks even if they're better teams.

IronMan21
07-17-2012, 10:40 AM
boston-c

NYCEVO8
07-17-2012, 11:56 AM
I've got:

1: Miami
2: Indiana
3: Boston
4: NY
5: Chicago
6: Brooklyn
7: Philly
8: Atlanta/Milwaukee/Cleveland

Indiana is built for the regular season, at least moreso than the Celtics/Knicks even if they're better teams.

I think you by far have the closest list as it stands. I agree 100% and on you comments to the fool that said chandler isn't a star. To me if a player wins an individual award and averages the numbers he put up your a star maybe not a scoring star but you have other NBA quality that make you a TOP C.

Punk
07-17-2012, 01:30 PM
I'm not knocking the grades or anything but I have a serious serious problem with PSD's incredible logic:

The Nets get praise for trading for Joe Johnson (overpaid already), signing D-Will to a max contract, Wallace to 40 million? Lopez to 61? Humphries to 24? In Knick Land that would be called "Oh lawd, Isiah Thomas is back"....We "still have issues" and the Nets simply won't either?

Kidd, Camby, Thomas, Felton, JR, Novak, Prigoni are solid defensive and offensive veterans that make every bit of a difference and 90% of those were cheap as hell.

I like the Nets squad and all but It's amazing how many hypocrites praise their roster and if it were the other way around it will be called an F across the board.

Anyhow...

Miami: B+ (projected #1 seed)
Boston: B+ (projected #2 seed)
Indiana: C (projected #3 seed)
Atlanta: C (projected #8 seed)
Chicago: D+ (projected #6 seed)
NYK: B+ (projected #4 seed)
Brooklyn: B (projected #5 seed)
Toronto: C (projected #9 seed)
Philadelphia: C (projected #7 seed)

Mutombolievable
07-17-2012, 01:59 PM
You'd be dreaming to think the raptors wont make the playoffs over orlando and atlanta.

Raps got 8th and could possibly fight with philly for 7th. I also dont think NY will be all that but they will probabaly finish above raps n sixers.

Have some respect for other teams when you start a thread buddy.

ranking is going to be

Miami
Boston
New Jersey
Indiana
Chicago
New york
Toronto
Philadelphia

Relax "buddy." He is ranking the offseason of teams that made the playoffs LAST SEASON. He clearly states that in the OP.

AndyfromNeptune
07-17-2012, 02:19 PM

Chicago: D. C is average and the Bulls got worse by losing CJ Watson and replacing him with Hinrich. Seems like their is instability in the front office right now. #7th seed

Miami: B..picked up quality shooting guard in Ray Allen..above average offseason #1 seed

Indiana: B+..great pick up in OJ Mayo ..5th seed

Boston: B..retained Bass..and got good front court depth..signed the Jet #2nd seed

Atlanta: Losing Joe Johnson will hurt them offensively..they have no "go to" guy who can score at will #6th seed

Orlando: F. Self-explanatory.

Philadelphia: Lost Lou Williams. Signed Kwame Brown..questionable move..retained Spencer Hawes...#8th seed

Knicks: Added depth..and retained key players...great offseason..maximized limited cap space with sign and trade moves. Gave up too many prospects and picks however. I give them an A-. #3rd Seed

justinnum1
07-17-2012, 02:22 PM
Chicago: D. C is average and the Bulls got worse by losing CJ Watson and replacing him with Hinrich. Seems like their is instability in the front office right now. #7th seed

Miami: B..picked up quality shooting guard in Ray Allen..above average offseason #1 seed

Boston: B..retained Bass..and got good front court depth..signed the Jet #2nd seed

Atlanta: Losing Joe Johnson will hurt them offensively..they have no "go to" guy who can score at will #6th seed

Philadelphia: Lost Lou Williams. Signed Kwame Brown..questionable move..retained Spencer Hawes...#8th seed

Knicks: Added depth..and retained key players...great offseason..maximized limited cap space with sign and trade moves. Gave up too many prospects and picks however. I give them an A-. #3rd Seed

huh? indy didnt get mayo and philly got nick young too

Toastyy
07-17-2012, 02:47 PM
I said it once and I'll say it again Indiana is better and will do better this season then boston

Stan The Man
07-17-2012, 02:47 PM

Seriously, you make comments without knowledge. Mayo to Indiana? Did you mention the trade for Indiana to Dallas? C'mon. Chicago has instability in the front office? What proof do you have on that? Do you know what is going on right now? Here is a grade. Your post is a U. Not even an F.

j-bay
07-17-2012, 02:59 PM
People are forgeting the Wizards for that 8th spot. I think they can be better then Cleveland, Atlanta, and Milwaukee