PDA

View Full Version : The Official Jeremy Lin Thread: Part 2

Pages : [1] 2 3

Avenged
07-17-2012, 12:49 AM
Had not realized the other Lin thread went well over 1,000 posts.

Post your ideas or updates about Lin here..

Evolution23
07-17-2012, 01:33 AM
Houston, you have a problem

AntiG
07-17-2012, 01:37 AM
Lindecision

Gagan136
07-17-2012, 01:46 AM
Lindecision

lollll thats good.

NYMetropolitans
07-17-2012, 02:37 AM
Going crazy wondering if this NBA Insider guy is for real/if AndyfromNeptune from the Knicks forum is telling the truth.

JMKnick33
07-17-2012, 04:24 AM
cmon Knicks, don't be so lindecisive and just match the offer! it would be linsane not to. i am very linfuriated!

LongIslandIcedZ
07-17-2012, 06:36 AM
Lindecisive

Edit- someone beat me to it

StarvingKnick22
07-17-2012, 07:19 AM
Hmmm interesting...

nbrod
07-17-2012, 07:46 AM
Lindecision

lol

oak2455
07-17-2012, 08:18 AM
I heard Dolan is going to do it tonight on MSG network at 11:59 pm.....:D

nate2usmc
07-17-2012, 08:20 AM
I heard Dolan is going to do it tonight on MSG network at 11:59 pm.....:D

DAMMIT! For some reason I thought the deadline was 1259 PM $%^#! :mad: :facepalm:

trini_knickfan
07-17-2012, 08:37 AM
i just want this to end, get to training camp and start bonding as a team! Leave or stay, Knicks are greater than any one player!

1_team_1_dream
07-17-2012, 08:43 AM
what does this mean guys Interesting point raised by @Schmeelk (confirmed by @KnicksFanBlog), NYK can use stretch provision before yr. 3 of Lin deal if he's a bust.

LongIslandIcedZ
07-17-2012, 08:51 AM
what does this mean guys Interesting point raised by @Schmeelk (confirmed by @KnicksFanBlog), NYK can use stretch provision before yr. 3 of Lin deal if he's a bust.

Maybe stretch the price of the one year deal over two years?

I have no clue, total guess.

1_team_1_dream
07-17-2012, 08:55 AM
Maybe stretch the price of the one year deal over two years?

I have no clue, total guess.

what?

torocan
07-17-2012, 08:55 AM

I don't believe that you can use the stretch provision on Lin as his new contract was signed after the new CBA.

Individually negotiated revisions to the payment schedule are not allowed for contracts signed or extended under the current CBA.

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q63

1_team_1_dream
07-17-2012, 08:58 AM
Jim Cavan ‏@JPCavan
STRETCH PRO-VISION CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP STRETCH PRO-VISION! CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP STRETCH PROVISION CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP!

people are going nuts on twitter lol

D-Leethal
07-17-2012, 09:06 AM
@TommyDeeTKB @nba #knicks @JLin7 As I said My source says #Knicks will match. If wrong I will disable my twitter account. Im that sure

Tommy Dee sucks but SAS is just as bad, I am pretty confident any time SAS says something is going down, the complete opposite will happen.

Welcome back to NY Jeremy. Eat a dick Houston. Enjoy Toney Douglas.

Captain Moroni
07-17-2012, 09:06 AM
Rather have him bust in new York than star in Houston.

D-Leethal
07-17-2012, 09:07 AM
https://twitter.com/Royce_Leather

Billy Bauer ‏@BillyBauer1
@IanBegley this CAA insider seems legit..thoughts @TheNBA_Insider knicks to resign jeremy lin according to MSG sports agent Roger Montgomery

Royce Leather Gifts ‏@Royce_Leather
@IanBegley @BillyBauer1 @TheNBA_Insider I think he is the real deal! from speaking to him, he says Dolan has overruled Grunwald to get Lin

Royce Leather Gifts ‏@Royce_Leather
@SeemsHarmless @BillyBauer1 I think it's true. I investigated this guy and he is a CAA agent and connected to Lin's marketing team

No idea who that dude is so take it with grain of salt.

D-Leethal
07-17-2012, 09:07 AM
Rather have him bust in new York than star in Houston.

Thats a great way to put it.

trini_knickfan
07-17-2012, 09:09 AM
this is a joke now. I think I'll just wait until I hear an official signing but ****** this damn site is too addictive to ignore!

Evolution23
07-17-2012, 09:11 AM
He will sign with the Knicks. What Dolan wants, Dolan gets.

Dark Donnie
07-17-2012, 09:14 AM
He will be praised again when it's matched...just 2 day ago he was overrated with a huge ego.

SouthSideRookie
07-17-2012, 09:19 AM
Houston, you have a problem

Are people really this dense. The Rockets offseason plans hinges on what happens with Dwight Howard, not Jeremy Lin. If the Rockets can't land Howard they will just rebuild and believe it or not that's the route many Houston fans prefer.

If you want to feel self satisfaction and believe that the knicks matching Lin will screw the Rockets over than go right ahead. At this point DM has pretty much ran up the score on the NYK.

29$JerZ
07-17-2012, 09:23 AM
In other words, the Knicks will have the option after the 2013-2014 season to waive Jeremy Lin, take his third-year $15 million salary and spread it out with its cap hit over the following three seasons. In each of those three seasons, the Knicks would have $5 million of dead money on the cap. Doing that would all but eliminate the insane luxury tax payment the Knicks would have to endure in 2014-2015, which is supposedly stopping them from re-signing Lin.

Obviously, this isn’t an ideal plan or scenario. The Knicks wouldn’t be resigning Lin with the idea of waiving him after 2013. Instead, this is simply a way out if Lin turns out to be nothing more than a backup quality point guard. Having dead money on the cap for three seasons is obviously a bad thing, but it’s nothing the franchise couldn’t survive.

If Lin, on the other hand, turns out to be a star, the same stretch provision could be used on any number of other players on the roster (Novak, Kidd, Felton, Camby) to reduce the impact of the luxury tax penalty. Odds are that one or more of those players will either be rendered ineffective by age or performance by that time, so waiving them won’t cost the franchise much on the court.

LongIslandIcedZ
07-17-2012, 09:24 AM
Are people really this dense. The Rockets offseason plans hinges on what happens with Dwight Howard, not Jeremy Lin. If the Rockets can't land Howard they will just rebuild and believe it or not that's the route many Houston fans prefer.

If you want to feel self satisfaction and believe that the knicks matching Lin will screw the Rockets over than go right ahead. At this point DM has pretty much ran up the score on the NYK.

Bingo.

Lin is a good player, not a franchise changing player.

Still want him back though.

D-Leethal
07-17-2012, 09:29 AM

The score? Good job, you guys completely struck out this offseason but its OK because you hurt Dolans pockets. Running up the score did nothing to hurt our teams ability to make moves down the line. Enjoy Toney Douglas, he'll get your 15 PF's set up real nicely in the post.

Captain Moroni
07-17-2012, 09:33 AM
He will sign with the Knicks. What Dolan wants, Dolan gets.

I agree

Captain Moroni
07-17-2012, 09:38 AM
I said this yesterday, Dolan has not been a loved sports owner in new York. He is very concerned with his public Image. Letting linsanity go would be a public relations nightmare.
One more bad contract will just add to the dozens of bad contracts from the past.

Captain Moroni
07-17-2012, 09:39 AM
If Lin does come back, our biggest weakness is now a strength. Imagine Kidd t the 2, and no mike bibby at all, Felton off the bench.

oak2455
07-17-2012, 09:40 AM

So Howard for a year ? Because new details says the Mavs and Lakers are his preferences .... If that really means anything anymore.... I say Houston goes for it shows him what a real organization operates

SouthSideRookie
07-17-2012, 09:40 AM
The score? Good job, you guys completely struck out this offseason but its OK because you hurt Dolans pockets. Running up the score did nothing to hurt our teams ability to make moves down the line. Enjoy Toney Douglas, he'll get your 15 PF's set up real nicely in the post.

Thanks for highlighting my point about being dense. If you really think Daryl Morey out of all GM's cut ties with Lowry and Dragic without having more than ONE alternative to find a replacement than I don't know what to tell you. just the fact that you think that the Rockets struck out this early in the offseason let's me know what little knowledge and forsesight you have.

LongIslandIcedZ
07-17-2012, 09:41 AM
Thanks for highlighting my point about being dense. If you really think Daryl Morey out of all GM's cut ties with Lowry and Dragic without having more than ONE alternative to find a replacement than I don't know what to tell you. just the fact that you think that the Rockets struck out this early in the offseason let's me know what little knowledge and forsesight you have.

If the Knicks did happen to match Lin, what kinda moves could you see DM making?

Captain Moroni
07-17-2012, 09:43 AM

I for one never judge an offseason before its conclusion, but if they do not get Jeremy Lin, that is a major blow to the Houston rockets. If not so, then why did they go after him so hard and overpay him according to everyone?

iisballsdeep
07-17-2012, 09:45 AM

I think Daryl Morey might have totally screwed the pooch.

Even "smart" people make mistakes and sometimes really brainy guys make the biggest b/c they uber rely on their "plans."

And the bet laid plans of mice and men ....

Captain Moroni
07-17-2012, 09:45 AM
If the Knicks did happen to match Lin, what kinda moves could you see DM making?

Or better, specifically at PG? With the trades they have made, who is left?

iisballsdeep
07-17-2012, 09:46 AM

He should fire himself if you ask me.

With that said, he had a good draft and one of the guys picked can play PG on the fly if they bring in some Vet Min dude..

nycericanguy
07-17-2012, 09:46 AM
Felton signed to a very reasonable deal, will probably be trade bait if Lin comes back, and once Shump comes back.

Lin/Kidd
JR/Shump

I like that backcourt, has shooting, defense, experience, youth... you get a little of everything from each guy.

oshman800
07-17-2012, 10:05 AM
Is it sad that one minute I think they should let him leave, and the next they should sign him to this stupid contract...

1_team_1_dream
07-17-2012, 10:08 AM
[QUOTE=nycericanguy;22977169]Felton signed to a very reasonable deal, will probably be trade bait if Lin comes back, and once Shump comes back.

Lin/Kidd
JR/Shump

I like that backcourt, has shooting, defense, experience, youth... you get a little of everything from each guy.[/QUOTE

think if we get hill and kmart? wow

SouthSideRookie
07-17-2012, 10:11 AM
I for one never judge an offseason before its conclusion, but if they do not get Jeremy Lin, that is a major blow to the Houston rockets. If not so, then why did they go after him so hard and overpay him according to everyone?

"Major blow" is a pretty strong statement, unless you view Lin as a franchise player. For the record I like Lin and unlike many here think he's the real deal as far as a starting caliber point guard..just my opinion.

I think Daryl Morey might have totally screwed the pooch.

Even "smart" people make mistakes and sometimes really brainy guys make the biggest b/c they uber rely on their "plans."

And the bet laid plans of mice and men ....

Yeah no one is perfect but he's pretty damn good. He just hasn't been able to land that franchise player yet. I can't blame him for the tmac and yao era that was cut short because of injuries.

He should fire himself if you ask me.

With that said, he had a good draft and one of the guys picked can play PG on the fly if they bring in some Vet Min dude..

You're contradicting yourself. You admit that he had a good draft and at the same time say he should get canned. Im sure we can agree that he's a good talent evaluator. Once again, the plan looks like they will try and trade for Howard if not just rebuild.

Jetsguy
07-17-2012, 10:16 AM
I have never seen anything like this. A no name comes in and does well for 1/3 of the season after being but multiple times is the talk of the NBA even with all this Howard mess.

D-Leethal
07-17-2012, 10:26 AM

I guess you could try to swing a trade but you guys look like the Mavs did a week or 2 ago, and they pretty much just swooped up the rest of the sloppy seconds, amnesties and landed Mayo.....I don't see much else out there for you guys especially at the PG position.

I understand Lowry hated McHale, but I really can't fathom how you guys let both of them walk, than amnestied Scola, all for a shot at a guy who openly and candidly does not want to go there (Dwight) and with no backup plan for PG (trying to outbid New York for a RFA is not a very solid backup plan). I appreciate Morey's genious but he ****ed up bad this offseason.

What moves are left to make? Whos on the trade block? Igoudala? What about a PG or C?

WhiteSoxGod
07-17-2012, 10:34 AM
Yeah to me I don't care either way. If Lin is matched then Asik is matched then it just means the Rockets have that much more cap space. It means that the Rockets will get an extra $1 million dollars EACH in tax revenue. Then most importantly it ties the hands of the Bulls and Knicks.

iisballsdeep
07-17-2012, 10:36 AM
To say DM had a good draft does not mean he should not get fired. Look at Isaiah Thomas.

DM "folks" seems more like a cult of followers than objective fans IMHO.

To me it looks like a bunch of Rockets fans decided to call him a genius simply b/c he is from MIT and have ignored actual on-court results which are mediocre at best.

iisballsdeep
07-17-2012, 10:38 AM
Yeah to me I don't care either way. If Lin is matched then Asik is matched then it just means the Rockets have that much more cap space. It means that the Rockets will get an extra $1 million dollars EACH in tax revenue. Then most importantly it ties the hands of the Bulls and Knicks.

So DM is a genius because the Rockets are on NBA Welfare payments?

Daryl is a genius!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Put out ridiculous contracts, throw away excellent starters, screw other teams, get welfare payments from NBA. WINNING#

WhiteSoxGod
07-17-2012, 10:44 AM
So DM is a genius because the Rockets are on NBA Welfare payments?

Daryl is a genius!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Put out ridiculous contracts, throw away excellent starters, screw other teams, get welfare payments from NBA. WINNING#

He is a genius because he saddles teams with over paid players while making the Rockets competitive every year with role players. teams like the Knicks spend $100 million dollars to NOT make it out of the 1st round.

Excellent starters? Are these the players that last year was saying would never make the Rockets contenders? The Rockets have a plethora of options and young players that are cheap.

I think every team in the league would take Jeremy Lamb and Chandler Parsons: They are making less than $900,000. But I wouldn't expect you to understand, now run along and play while the adults talk.

SouthSideRookie
07-17-2012, 10:48 AM
I guess you could try to swing a trade but you guys look like the Mavs did a week or 2 ago, and they pretty much just swooped up the rest of the sloppy seconds, amnesties and landed Mayo.....I don't see much else out there for you guys especially at the PG position.

I understand Lowry hated McHale, but I really can't fathom how you guys let both of them walk, than amnestied Scola, all for a shot at a guy who openly and candidly does not want to go there (Dwight) and with no backup plan for PG (trying to outbid New York for a RFA is not a very solid backup plan). I appreciate Morey's genious but he ****ed up bad this offseason.

What moves are left to make? Whos on the trade block? Igoudala? What about a PG or C?

Different set of circumstances man. The Mavs have Dirk and thus going for it. Releasing Scola had to be done, the Rockets have young players at the position who need playing time. Lowry was traded for Toronto's pick which right now is a key asset in the Howard negotiations, if the Howard trade doesn't happen then Houston likley has two top ten picks in next years draft.

nycericanguy
07-17-2012, 10:51 AM
He is a genius because he saddles teams with over paid players while making the Rockets competitive every year with role players. teams like the Knicks spend $100 million dollars to NOT make it out of the 1st round.

Excellent starters? Are these the players that last year was saying would never make the Rockets contenders? The Rockets have a plethora of options and young players that are cheap.

I think every team in the league would take Jeremy Lamb and Chandler Parsons: They are making less than $900,000. But I wouldn't expect you to understand, now run along and play while the adults talk.

I don't think Morey signed Lin & Asik to try to make NY & CHI pay more. He obviously wants Lin badly, especially with the PG market being so dry now.

Morey is a good GM, but I doubt his goal is worrying about other teams payrolls. He should be focused on HOU. He had a bad offseason though thus far, with the potential for disaster if they have to start Toney Douglas at PG.

WhiteSoxGod
07-17-2012, 10:55 AM
I don't think Morey signed Lin & Asik to try to make NY & CHI pay more. He obviously wants Lin badly, especially with the PG market being so dry now.

Morey is a good GM, but I doubt his goal is worrying about other teams payrolls. He should be focused on HOU. He had a bad offseason though thus far, with the potential for disaster if they have to start Toney Douglas at PG.

I disagree, I think Morey understands business and he understands that sometimes its about sticking it to other teams. Does he want both players, absolutely, but he also realizes that its a possibility their teams match so he made is penalizing to do so.

If he goes into the season with a team of mostly rookies and under 26 year olds then that just means we have a chance to have 2 top 5 picks in next years draft. You don't think that coupled with the ability to sign 2 MAX deals (3 MAX deals if they trade Kevin Martin and cut some of their non-guaranteed contracts) will make them a contender in just 2 years. Win-Win for Morey, that's why the man is a genius.

nycericanguy
07-17-2012, 11:01 AM
I disagree, I think Morey understands business and he understands that sometimes its about sticking it to other teams. Does he want both players, absolutely, but he also realizes that its a possibility their teams match so he made is penalizing to do so.

If he goes into the season with a team of mostly rookies and under 26 year olds then that just means we have a chance to have 2 top 5 picks in next years draft. You don't think that coupled with the ability to sign 2 MAX deals (3 MAX deals if they trade Kevin Martin and cut some of their non-guaranteed contracts) will make them a contender in just 2 years. Win-Win for Morey, that's why the man is a genius.

I wouldn't go that far, I understand WHY he offered Lin what he did, but in the process he also let the PG market dry up.

He GAVE AWAY Scola who is still a very good player in this league. You can't tell me he couldn't have gotten a nice asset or two for Scola had he traded him last year or earlier.

Cap space is great, HOU had a ton this year as well, but if you can't sign anyone its a moot point. And if you have to offer ridiculous contracts just to try to get role players to sign, then that's also an issue.

WhiteSoxGod
07-17-2012, 11:06 AM
I wouldn't go that far, I understand WHY he offered Lin what he did, but in the process he also let the PG market dry up.

He GAVE AWAY Scola who is still a very good player in this league. You can't tell me he couldn't have gotten a nice asset or two for Scola had he traded him last year or earlier.

Cap space is great, HOU had a ton this year as well, but if you can't sign anyone its a moot point. And if you have to offer ridiculous contracts just to try to get role players to sign, then that's also an issue.

Scola was owed a lot of money. Also remember that he is 31 years old. I love Scola but there just wasn't a lot of value there. The point guard situation is volatile but Morey believes (from what I have read) that if he doesn't get Lin he can make a huge play for Chris Paul next year.

Lin and Asik's contracts aren't ridiculous for Houston only for the Bulls/Knicks. If they don't sign anybody next year yes then Rockets fan should panic and we should question Morey's strategy. But you would be hard pressed to find Rockets fans that have a problem with Morey and the strategy that he has decided to proceed with.

nycericanguy
07-17-2012, 11:11 AM
Scola was owed a lot of money. Also remember that he is 31 years old. I love Scola but there just wasn't a lot of value there. The point guard situation is volatile but Morey believes (from what I have read) that if he doesn't get Lin he can make a huge play for Chris Paul next year.

Lin and Asik's contracts aren't ridiculous for Houston only for the Bulls/Knicks. If they don't sign anybody next year yes then Rockets fan should panic and we should question Morey's strategy. But you would be hard pressed to find Rockets fans that have a problem with Morey and the strategy that he has decided to proceed with.

I'll take your word on his strategy, although I think CP3 is far fetched considering he can stay in LA and get more money. And I think Scola at $8m per for 3 years was actually pretty reasonable considering the insane contracts being given to unproven players these days.

But I'm sorry $8.3m for Lin or Asik is absolutely ridiculous.

Asik is a career 3ppg 4rpg player, yes I understand the defensive side, but thats still a ton of money for a 26 year old center that really has done nothing except be a 15-20mpg role player in this league. Reminds me of the Gortat situation where people knew he had talent to be good, but even then Gortat only got $5m per.

Lin at $8.3m is also insane for a guy that has only played well for 20-25 games, a guy that Morey himself cut loose last year.

I guess thats the state of the NBA though, the contracts have only gotten more insane after the lockout

1_team_1_dream
07-17-2012, 11:20 AM
Alan Hahn ‏@alanhahn
I know everyone is fired up, but decision on Lin isn’t expected until tonight (deadline is 9 p.m. PT) after Knicks hierarchy meets in Vegas.

justinnum1
07-17-2012, 11:22 AM
I get the feeling knicks match.

WhiteSoxGod
07-17-2012, 11:23 AM
I'll take your word on his strategy, although I think CP3 is far fetched considering he can stay in LA and get more money. And I think Scola at $8m per for 3 years was actually pretty reasonable considering the insane contracts being given to unproven players these days.

But I'm sorry $8.3m for Lin or Asik is absolutely ridiculous.

Asik is a career 3ppg 4rpg player, yes I understand the defensive side, but thats still a ton of money for a 26 year old center that really has done nothing except be a 15-20mpg role player in this league. Reminds me of the Gortat situation where people knew he had talent to be good, but even then Gortat only got $5m per.

Lin at $8.3m is also insane for a guy that has only played well for 20-25 games, a guy that Morey himself cut loose last year.

I guess thats the state of the NBA though, the contracts have only gotten more insane after the lockout

I think with Asik, Morey is seeing his defensive beastiness but also believes that McHale can really help his offensive game. With Lin Morey sees his marketing value and how Lin's game can integrate seamlessly with McHale's offense.

Remember Scola was owed $31.1 Million over 3 years from the Rockets. The amnesty claim team got a little discount from what the Rox would have had to pay.

SINCESTARBURY25
07-17-2012, 11:32 AM
I get the feeling knicks match.

For some reason I do too.Yesterday I said its a 30 percent chance they match today i feel like its about 60 percent.

nycericanguy
07-17-2012, 11:34 AM
FWIW Tommy Dee Knick blogger is reporting Knicks will match. Said he's absolutely sure about his source and will close his account if he's wrong...lol

aLau10
07-17-2012, 12:52 PM
I seriously see the Knicks matching, regardless of how much luxury tax this decision may cost, JLin on a financial stand point would draw ENOUGH profit for this franchise to cover for not only him, but for Melo, Amare, & Tyson!!!

We are talking about the big apple after all, where wall street is located, they care more about the money than anything. Just like Melo, as ridiculous as his contract may be they still brought him in, and you all thought he was brought in to help the team win a championship :rolleyes:

Punk
07-17-2012, 01:01 PM
FWIW Tommy Dee Knick blogger is reporting Knicks will match. Said he's absolutely sure about his source and will close his account if he's wrong...lol

I want him to close his account....He's beyond a joke. But I hope he's right about Lin.

D-Leethal
07-17-2012, 01:24 PM
Brian Geltzeiler ‏@hoopscritic
@netw3rk @johnschuhmann and anyone who claims they have a source that knows really doesn't. This comes down to 1 man's decision...
View conversation
Reply Retweet Favorite

Brian Geltzeiler ‏@hoopscritic
If the Knicks stall tactics manage to help HOU lose Lin, Brooks, and D12, they will have sufficiently damaged HOU for the poison pill...
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

Verbal Christ
07-17-2012, 01:37 PM
I really hope they do match so I can watch the meltdown that will ensue.

The locker room is going to be splintered factions leading to firings and even more stupid trades and acquisitions. Hey at least you have felton for what 6-7MILL PER. Heck of an insurance policy. Lmao.

How long before melo starts crying and pointing fingers culminating with the ultimatum - ITS EITHER LIN OR ME!!! :mad: hahaha

Gideon
07-17-2012, 01:41 PM
I really hope they doo match so I can watch the meltdown that will ensue.

The locker room is going to be splintered factions leading to firings and even more stupid trades and acquisitions. Hey at least you have felting for what 6-7MILL PER. Heck of an insurance policy. Lmao.

Actually Felton signed for 3 years 10 Mil. That is pretty funny though your right. When he plays like he did the last time he was in NY cause he actually wants to be there. Knicks just got a steal cause a guy had a down year.

Verbal Christ
07-17-2012, 01:50 PM
Actually Felton signed for 3 years 10 Mil. That is pretty funny though your right. When he plays like he did the last time he was in NY cause he actually wants to be there. Knicks just got a steal cause a guy had a down year.

Only thing felting is stealing is people's lunch bags. Lol

He was probably the worst player in the NBA last year, but yea imagine whatever u want to make u sleep at night.

Since its the fantasy hour ill add along : if yao and tmac don't get hurt 2 years ago we'd be in the middle of a dynasty. Lol. Woo hoo!

meloman1592
07-17-2012, 01:50 PM

The locker room is going to be splintered factions leading to firings and even more stupid trades and acquisitions. Hey at least you have felton for what 6-7MILL PER. Heck of an insurance policy. Lmao.

How long before melo starts crying and pointing fingers culminating with the ultimatum - ITS EITHER LIN OR ME!!! :mad: hahaha

Lol @ u

torocan
07-17-2012, 02:03 PM
There's only 2 questions when it comes to Lin.

1) Would you keep him for $8.3M/year?

Ignore the $15M. It's irrelevant. We're over the cap and LT anyway, it has ZERO impact on our flexibility, and we have $70M in expirings on the books anyway. If the CBA allowed Lin to get $8.3/8.3/8.3 then Houston would not have backloaded, but GA does NOT allow him to get $8.3 x 3, ONLY 5/5/15.

Once the 3rd year is done, his next contract will be standard. 5/5/5, 7/7/7, 10/10/10, whatever he is worth.

2) The Luxury Tax is IRRELEVANT to us.

We are OVER the Luxury Tax in Year 3 with our current signings. Any basketball impacts related to the Luxury Tax/Apron are ALREADY there. In other words, NOTHING related to Basketball changes with OR without Lin.

That means as far as the Knicks are concerned, the Luxury Taxes for Lin are PURELY FINANCIAL and OFF THE COURT. The ONLY impact it has on the team is Dolan's Wallet.

It is 100% up to Dolan to determine if Lin's OFF THE COURT revenue is enough to offset the Luxury Taxes to make it palatable. If Dolan thinks he'll make money, or is willing to take the loss, then that is 100% up to Dolan.

-------------

The Knicks management should ONLY be concerned about whether Lin is worth $8.3M/Year.

WE should ONLY be concerned about whether Lin is worth $8.3M/year as a BASKETBALL PLAYER. If we can Accept that he's worth $8.3M/year, then that's it.

The story is over as far as we're concerned. If you don't want Lin for $8.3M, fine. Then let him walk. If you are okay with Lin for $8.3M as a player or prospect, Then Leave it. The rest is NONE of our Business.

We should NOT be talking about Dolan's Wallet. The guy is a BILLIONAIRE.

Dolan can watch his OWN Wallet.

Jroz
07-17-2012, 02:05 PM

Felton is pretty much a mini mid level amount (3.3) a year clown sauce get your facts straight..I really hope they do match too so Houston can strike out on Lin, lose all of their guards, and strike out on Howard... Enjoy :silly:

oak2455
07-17-2012, 02:09 PM
Felton is pretty much a mini mid level amount a year clown sauce get your facts straight..I really hope they do match too so Houston can strike out on Lin, lose all of their guards, and strike out on Howard... Enjoy :silly:

no but Houston is still good:p:p:p:p

Verbal Christ
07-17-2012, 02:47 PM
Awww how cute "they" mad. Lol

Missing56&33
07-17-2012, 03:19 PM
Lin is a Knick..... A basketball player, not Yao Ming Jr.

elizur
07-17-2012, 04:16 PM
For some reason, I can not make it past page 2 of this thread.
I have no idea if this has been posted yet ,but this news is very important.

The Knicks can avoid the luxury tax because of a spread provision in the new CBA.

Check Link out from the knicksblog.com and cbssports..http://www.theknicksblog.com/2012/07/17/report-knicks-could-avoid-poison-pill-in-lins-contract/

Punk
07-17-2012, 04:59 PM
Awww how cute "they" mad. Lol

How cute. A desperate troll.

We are on the verge of losing our 3rd option. I'm pretty sure anyone would be "mad"

You'll get Lin. Be happy. Shut up already.

torocan
07-17-2012, 05:06 PM
For some reason, I can not make it past page 2 of this thread.
I have no idea if this has been posted yet ,but this news is very important.

The Knicks can avoid the luxury tax because of a spread provision in the new CBA.

Check Link out from the knicksblog.com and cbssports..http://www.theknicksblog.com/2012/07/17/report-knicks-could-avoid-poison-pill-in-lins-contract/

Stretch provision can't be applied to Lin, only players signed previous to CBA. And that only would be his team mates... and the amounts would stay on the books for the duration.

This was about $$$. No way around it.

Young2Kinsler
07-17-2012, 06:16 PM
This is a win win for us on PSD who aren't a Knicks fan. If he stays, we can watch them all beat eachother over the head arguing if he should have been kept or not. Then we can watch as they all jump back on the "Linsanity" ship, spewing out MVP chants as the boat rocks back and forth. If the Knicks don't match, half of NY will spend their time crying why they let an MVP go, while the other half run this kid through the mud like he is some 2 timing dog.

This is going to be better than watching Rome burn....:violin:

Punk
07-17-2012, 06:25 PM
This is a win win for us on PSD who aren't a Knicks fan. If he stays, we can watch them all beat eachother over the head arguing if he should have been kept or not. Then we can watch as they all jump back on the "Linsanity" ship, spewing out MVP chants as the boat rocks back and forth. If the Knicks don't match, half of NY will spend their time crying why they let an MVP go, while the other half run this kid through the mud like he is some 2 timing dog.

I get Knick fans come off like retards on here at times but that is stupid and childish.

You are just as stupid as they are to be happy about doing that. Loser mentality.

Young2Kinsler
07-17-2012, 06:49 PM
I get Knick fans come off like retards on here at times but that is stupid and childish.

You are just as stupid as they are to be happy about doing that. Loser mentality.

Sorry, I'm from the south. Waiting for yankees to make a fool out of themselves is what we love.

Hoopin&Swoopin
07-17-2012, 06:50 PM

Try to think about the Knicks fans who've actually stuck with this team through thick and thin. From Layden, to Isiah. From Allan Houston's albatross of a contract, to Marbury's, to Curry's to STAT's there's been a lot of failure and mismanagement associated with this franchise in recent memory.

I'm not old enough to remember the run in '94 and barely remember the run in '99. There has not been a lot to be excited about with this team, at least in my lifetime. Finally this team, with it's awful luck and management had a good, likeable player fall into their lap, and had him ripped away solely due to politics , insecurity and selfishness all manifested in the reincarnation of satan himself, James Dolan

Some of us aren't bandwagoners, and even though it's only basketball, this stuff is painful.

Just think about that before spewing this nonsense.

Young2Kinsler
07-17-2012, 06:57 PM
Try to think about the Knicks fans who've actually stuck with this team through thick and thin. From Layden, to Isiah. From Allan Houston's albatross of a contract, to Marbury's, to Curry's to STAT's there's been a lot of failure and mismanagement associated with this franchise in recent memory.

I'm not old enough to remember the run in '94 and barely remember the run in '99. There has not been a lot to be excited about with this team, at least in my lifetime. Finally this team, with it's awful luck and management had a good, likeable player fall into their lap, and had him ripped away solely due to politics , insecurity and selfishness all manifested in the reincarnation of satan himself, James Dolan

Some of us aren't bandwagoners, and even though it's only basketball, this stuff is painful.

Just think about that before spewing this nonsense.

I can feel your pain, coming from a long line of losing teams. My post was not for the real Knicks fans, simply for the one's that will be gone as soon as Lin, or Melo, or Insert Name Here leaves. It's not simply the Knicks, but any franchise who has a ton of front running fans. Hell, this is how I feel about my own DallasCowboys, I can't stand their fans.

Believe me, I know what you are feeling, I'm a Cowboys fan afterall.

Weezy
07-17-2012, 07:14 PM
I can feel your pain, coming from a long line of losing teams. My post was not for the real Knicks fans, simply for the one's that will be gone as soon as Lin, or Melo, or Insert Name Here leaves. It's not simply the Knicks, but any franchise who has a ton of front running fans. Hell, this is how I feel about my own DallasCowboys, I can't stand their fans.

Trust me dude, I am getting sick of them.

xxplayerxx23
07-17-2012, 07:54 PM
ill miss you Jlin good for you getting that much cash and good luck to you in Houston!

WhiteSoxGod
07-17-2012, 08:33 PM
Sorry, I'm from the south. Waiting for yankees to make a fool out of themselves is what we love.

:clap: LOL absolutely because you know it's going to happen, every time. Don't even know what an icebox is...... lol

Hoopin&Swoopin
07-17-2012, 08:55 PM

These people are the worst. They have no understanding of what it means to be a Knicks fan and have absolutely no perspective. In a series of about five posts I saw one person say Shumpert was destined to be the greatest Knick (a disservice to Knicks fans and the history of the franchise) of all time and another say that he was going to be D-Wade (laughable for any objective NBA fan). All I'm saying is that some objectivity and level-headedness would be nice for a change.

RLundi
07-17-2012, 09:03 PM
Linsanity is over.

noodle
07-17-2012, 09:30 PM

Still bitter about that war I guess?

WhiteSoxGod
07-17-2012, 09:37 PM
Still bitter about that war I guess?

Nope Texas won the war and it's independence. Damn that Santa Anna but we got his *** at San Jacinto. Gotta love some Sam Houston.

keetyweedy
07-17-2012, 10:35 PM
https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/225417933537550336

Baller33
07-17-2012, 10:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXlBAb-sA2c

Aust
07-17-2012, 10:38 PM
^Somebody ban this guy

iisballsdeep
07-17-2012, 10:45 PM
Dolan got pissy at Lin and let him walk over a few ducats.

Congrats HOU.

Loser FO. Reminds me of Jerry Jones Cowboys.

Hoopin&Swoopin
07-17-2012, 10:47 PM
Dolan got pissy at Lin and let him walk over a few ducats.

Congrats HOU.

Loser FO. Reminds me of Jerry Jones Cowboys.

At least Jerry Jones has won some championships. Dolan hasn't done ****.

Flashsides
07-17-2012, 10:49 PM
Good news is this means Dwyane Wade will probably get to stay being an all-star starter.

KaganRS
07-17-2012, 10:50 PM
It's official - MARBURY IS GOING TO BOSTON!!!!

LOL

keetyweedy
07-17-2012, 10:51 PM
It's official - MARBURY IS GOING TO BOSTON!!!!

LOL

:laugh:

unleashthebeast
07-17-2012, 10:51 PM
umm........

justinnum1
07-17-2012, 10:53 PM
rip linsanity

GiantsSwaGG
07-17-2012, 10:54 PM
Its official, my dick is big!

GiantsSwaGG
07-17-2012, 10:55 PM
Im going to miss Lin, but glad the Knicks aren't going to overpay for him!

DLCK
07-17-2012, 10:58 PM
You got to hand it to the Rockets. Almost all offer sheets are matched.They figured out a way to get the guy they wanted.Overpaid or not I applaud them.

KaganRS
07-17-2012, 11:00 PM

Sources ? links ? Mods ?

JasonJohnHorn
07-17-2012, 11:01 PM
I would have matched and try to work a sign-and-trade, but that's just me. they could ahve gotten a first round pick out of the deal instead of nothing.

Baller33
07-17-2012, 11:02 PM
Its official: the Cubs will win the World Series

marj987
07-17-2012, 11:04 PM
You *****.

I thought Dwight got traded.....

:facepalm:

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-17-2012, 11:05 PM
The Knicks R Back Baby! :rock:

marj987
07-17-2012, 11:06 PM

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=449696688385253&set=a.370161103005479.87261.370154999672756&type=1&ref=nf

justinnum1
07-17-2012, 11:07 PM
The Knicks R Back Baby! :rock:

lmao

Losoway
07-17-2012, 11:08 PM
lin cant go left to save a life

rockets good luck

Baller33
07-17-2012, 11:09 PM
Bobcats are the best team currently...

justinnum1
07-17-2012, 11:10 PM
Should have bought some put options on msg stock:facepalm:

EastNYLos
07-17-2012, 11:10 PM
Bazinga!

KaganRS
07-17-2012, 11:11 PM
Bobcats are the best team currently...

2 years to the day after the Kwame Brown nuclear signing disaster- Charlotte is finally recovering.

airforceones25
07-17-2012, 11:12 PM
Remember when they said Knicks will match anything up to a 1 Billion dollars. Lololololol

They actually did something smart. Scary.... That being said I hope Lin rips up the league just to spite the Knicks. Lol

keetyweedy
07-17-2012, 11:12 PM
Lmao how knick fans are celebrating how this guy is gone:laugh:

Beltrans Mole
07-17-2012, 11:14 PM
The NBA forum has become a complete joke.

StarvingKnick22
07-17-2012, 11:15 PM
I thought this was a Dwight to LA Thread lol

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-17-2012, 11:15 PM
Daryl Morey ‏@dmorey

Welcome to Houston @JLin7! We plan to hang on this time. You will love #RedNation

Oh Daryl :laugh2:

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-17-2012, 11:16 PM
I thought this was a Dwight to LA Thread lol

Rockets stuck with Lin's contract, one less contract to take back from Orlando.....so in a way, yes it is. ;)

#getdwight :dance:

Baller33
07-17-2012, 11:17 PM
The Knicks have suffered heavy losses, Lin, Jeffries, Toney Douglas. Their going to get 20 wins next season quote it

gotoHcarolina52
07-17-2012, 11:19 PM
Nope Texas won the war and it's independence. Damn that Santa Anna but we got his *** at San Jacinto. Gotta love some Sam Houston.

Fun fact: Santa Anna's full name? Antonio de Padua María Severino López de Santa Anna y Pérez de Lebrón

:smoking:

keetyweedy
07-17-2012, 11:19 PM
The Knicks have suffered heavy losses, Lin, Jeffries, Toney Douglas. Their going to get 20 wins next season quote it

justinnum1
07-17-2012, 11:20 PM

:facepalm:

42-46

keetyweedy
07-17-2012, 11:21 PM
This had to be the funniest thing i have seen so far

https://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/225428961327464448

justinnum1
07-17-2012, 11:24 PM
cp3 coming off the bench lol

Courtbully
07-17-2012, 11:25 PM
I don't like this move nor NYK.

Could have had him as an asset and traded him before the third year of the deal. And if it works out, you move someone else and keep him.

Baller33
07-17-2012, 11:26 PM
I always thought that Chris Quinn should start the all-star game

keetyweedy
07-17-2012, 11:26 PM
cp3 coming off the bench lol

and westbrook wont make it :laugh:

SouthSideRookie
07-17-2012, 11:27 PM
lin cant go left to save a life

rockets good luck

Point guards tend to flourish in Houston for whatever reason. I like the move.

GSPftw
07-17-2012, 11:29 PM
Rockets stuck with Lin's contract, one less contract to take back from Orlando.....so in a way, yes it is. ;)

#getdwight :dance:

It's going to be a little difficult for you to #getdwight without the Rockets' help. How many bad contracts can you take back? How many draft picks can you trade? Got some young prospects to throw in the deal?
Tell you what, give us Bynum and we'll help you out.

t_money25
07-17-2012, 11:34 PM

Knicks forum......

t_money25
07-17-2012, 11:36 PM
The NBA forum has become a complete joke.

That's old news lol

Sssmush
07-17-2012, 11:39 PM
blah blah blah

"Linsanity Linsanity Linsanity"

"Jeremy Lin is the biggest star in New York basketball in 30 years'

"blah blah blah"

$5M a year is too much, and Carmelo doesn't trust him.

/done

Losoway

what does that have to do with him not being able to go left ?? or his ability to constantly turnover the ball the minute he gets a hint of double team on the pick and roll

smh you must be a houston fan :facepalm:

airforceones25

isn't it 3 guards?.... so Lin, Kobe, CP3 .... Coach gets last vote right... Usually that was left for the PF debate. Griffin/Love/Aldrige/Gasol now they have a guard problem with Westbrook/Parker. lolololol

Sssmush
Lin will probably be a huge star in Houston, and may even be in the running for MVP.

waveycrockett
07-17-2012, 11:40 PM
Bill Simmons ‏@sportsguy33
But seriously - any time you can flip a 23 year old asset/fan favorite into a washed-up 40 year old and a fat guy, you have to do it.

lol Knicks are back!!!!

to having old washed up vets and fat out of shape guys running the point.

GSPftw
07-17-2012, 11:42 PM
what does that have to do with him not being able to go left ?? or his ability to constantly turnover the ball the minute he gets a hint of double team on the pick and roll

Answer: It had nothing to do with it. He made a statement.

smh You must be trolling :facepalm:

ThunderousDemon
Is it true what the people are saying, that the Knicks r back?

aLau10
Excited to see JLin in Houston and leading the team, hopefully he starts building some fame as did A.Brooks, K.Lowry, and G.Dragic!!!

SouthSideRookie
07-17-2012, 11:44 PM

I've questioned Morey in the past, I've learned to give him the benefit of the doubt. and yes im proud to be a Rockets fan.

chrism8188
07-17-2012, 11:56 PM
it's official - marbury is going to boston!!!!

Lol

this!

jmoney85
07-17-2012, 11:58 PM
obviously lin didnt want to be in NY or he wouldnt have signed that offer sheet with the poison pill year in it

The goods
07-18-2012, 12:30 AM
He's going to be our starting PG in the all star game.

Punk
07-18-2012, 12:34 AM
obviously lin didnt want to be in NY or he wouldnt have signed that offer sheet with the poison pill year in it

Exactly. Too bad Knick fans are too full of their own BS to think logically. Houston offered him the keys to the franchise, he took a poison pill deal that pissed off everyone in the Knicks camp. Dolan should have matched but Lin's intentions looked real suspect.

Lin showed disloyalty in a certain way but I don't blame him for taking an offer from a team that is willing to build around you.

iisballsdeep
07-18-2012, 12:38 AM
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8174968/jeremy-lin-leaving-new-york-knicks-james-dolan-blundered-again

EPIC. TRUE.

iisballsdeep
07-18-2012, 12:39 AM
Exactly. Too bad Knick fans are too full of their own BS to think logically. Houston offered him the keys to the franchise, he took a poison pill deal that pissed off everyone in the Knicks camp. Dolan should have matched but Lin's intentions looked real suspect.

Lin showed disloyalty in a certain way but I don't blame him for taking an offer from a team that is willing to build around you.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8174968/jeremy-lin-leaving-new-york-knicks-james-dolan-blundered-again

WhiteSoxGod
07-18-2012, 12:39 AM
Fun fact: Santa Anna's full name? Antonio de Padua María Severino López de Santa Anna y Pérez de Lebrón

:smoking:

Diggin' the knowledge....that's correct and awesome, ha ha.

I would have matched and try to work a sign-and-trade, but that's just me. they could ahve gotten a first round pick out of the deal instead of nothing.

LOL You can't sign-and-trade restricted free agents. He would not have been able to be traded to Houston until after next season.

lol Knicks are back!!!!

to having old washed up vets and fat out of shape guys running the point.

LOL yeah I have been saying this to the Knicks fans.

Have fun with The-40-Yr-Old-Drunk and the Hamburgler. All because Dolan got his panties in a wad.

heyman321
07-18-2012, 12:50 AM
Why is there all this talk about Lin being disloyal? ARE YOU KIDDING ME LOL.
"The Knicks gave you your only chance in the NBA."

The same Knicks that only picked you up because your point guards were pathetic, were coming to an 8-15 record despite having the highest paid frontcourt, and only miraculously received playing time after Tony Douglas and Mike Bibby were deemed less effective on defense than cats randomly roaming around on a basketball court? Those Knicks? The Knicks that probably would have missed the playoffs and conceded the eighth seed to Milwaukee if Lin had not given them 7 straight wins and then probably about 5 afterwards? Yeah, those Knicks.

You're a pure flip flopping Knicks homer Punk.

SportsAndrew25
07-18-2012, 01:00 AM
James Dolan better pray to God that Lin becomes an absolute bust or James Dolan and the New York Knicks front office will never live this one down. If Lin becomes a Super Star, this will go down as one of the worst front office mistakes in NBA History.

torocan
07-18-2012, 01:21 AM
James Dolan better pray to God that Lin becomes an absolute bust or James Dolan and the New York Knicks front office will never live this one down. If Lin becomes a Super Star, this will go down as one of the worst front office mistakes in NBA History.

If Lin ends up a bona fide Star, Knicks fans will be puking every time he ends up on ESPN... and if he's posterizing us at MSG... *shudder* :facepalm:

WhiteSoxGod
07-18-2012, 01:34 AM

Supa
07-18-2012, 01:48 AM
Exactly what I thought would happened - Knicks played hardball with Lin, ended up losing him to other team. They could avoid all these dramas by simply offer him a reasonable contract.

This is a very good day for Lin and Houston Rockets.

---

ManningToTyree
07-18-2012, 02:00 AM
We messed up BIG TIME

WhiteSoxGod
07-18-2012, 02:00 AM

Loyalty? LOL Seriously?

"Jeremy Lin owes Jim Dolan? In what America does that make sense, except in the America where every employee owes every rich guy undying loyalty for life because the rich guy happens to sign his checks? Especially when said employee was the linchpin in a TV contract and when his popularity was the leading factor in a $600 million increase in the value of said rich guy's company? Oh, wait, that's exactly what Jim Dolan's America looks like. We are all just paying witnesses."

"Jeremy Lin isn't worth $14.8 million as a basketball player" is shortsighted. It assumes that marketing dollars don't exist and that every athlete is paid entirely based on his ability to go left or defend the pick-and-roll. No contract in the history of the NBA has been signed within such a vacuum.

So why has "Jeremy Lin isn't worth $14.8 million as a basketball player" suddenly become the "smart and rational" response? Those statements assume a world that does not exist. They are the opposite of rational."

"Jeremy Lin had a well-publicized turnover problem last season that became a talking point for every talking head who wanted to point out something bad about a player who had saved a dismal season, ignited interest in the NBA among millions of people worldwide, and dropped 38 against Kobe Bryant in the Garden.

It's true — of those same 259 players who used over 300 possessions, Lin ranked 252nd with a 21.4 turnover percentage. Raymond Felton ranked 244th at 19.6 percent. Jason Kidd? 257th at 24.2 percent. Guess who was 256th? Rajon Rondo. 258th? Steve Nash."

Boom goes the Dynamite.

elizur
07-18-2012, 02:06 AM
I feel worse then when we did not get Lebron

Sssmush
07-18-2012, 02:16 AM
this is a great Knicks story, just absolutely classic Knicks, HOWEVER, we will not be able to fully experience this story in all of it's magnificence and kaleidoscopic wowness, to really savor the full body of the flavor of it, until next season, when the Knicks start off like 0-10, Carmelo is complaining/chucking/rebelling/sitting, the team is in total disarray and the coach is on the verge of giving up, and meanwhile Houston starts off leading the Western conference and Jeremy Lin is averaging like 25 pts and 10 assists.

Until then, it's just kind of a tease. Now that the table is set though, the main course is gonna be GREAT when it finally gets here.

heyman321
07-18-2012, 02:34 AM
this is a great Knicks story, just absolutely classic Knicks, HOWEVER, we will not be able to fully experience this story in all of it's magnificence and kaleidoscopic wowness, to really savor the full body of the flavor of it, until next season, when the Knicks start off like 0-10, Carmelo is complaining/chucking/rebelling/sitting, the team is in total disarray and the coach is on the verge of giving up, and meanwhile Houston starts off leading the Western conference and Jeremy Lin is averaging like 25 pts and 10 assists.

Until then, it's just kind of a tease. Now that the table is set though, the main course is gonna be GREAT when it finally gets here.

I can already see the ESPN front page in say, February:

"ROCKET FUELED".
Lin electrifies in his return to the Garden with 28 points and 13 assists in a W over the faltering Knicks.

BklyNyk
07-18-2012, 02:38 AM
Lin will be sowing swooshes on nikes in year 4. Word to Morey.

WhiteSoxGod
07-18-2012, 02:48 AM
Lin will be sowing swooshes on nikes in year 4. Word to Morey.

First, SOW means to scatter (seed) over land, earth, etc., for growth; plant. What you should have said is he will be SEWING swooshes on Nikes.

Second, Jeremy Lin is going to do really well in Houston. His isolation game, in which he excels is a perfect match for McHale's offense. It is the same reason that Lowry and Dragic had THE BEST SEASONS OF THEIR CAREER in Houston.

Look at the numbers:

Lin scored the third-most points per play of the 91 players with at least 75 isolation plays last season. He also turned it over on 6.5 percent of those plays, the 10th-lowest turnover rate among the 91 players.

He shot 47.9 percent on jumpers off the dribble. Of the 102 players who attempted at least 90 jumpers off the dribble, only Stephen Curry and Steve Nash shot a higher field-goal percentage than Lin (47.9).

Of the 335 players to defend at least 300 plays, Lin allowed the 78th-fewest points per play.

Yeah Jeremy Lin will excel in Houston, as I said.

SouthSideRookie
07-18-2012, 02:49 AM
Very Classy :facepalm:

http://i.imgur.com/OBSyL.jpg

BklyNyk
07-18-2012, 02:50 AM
LMFAO. Have you learned nothing? Dance puppet!

seikou8
07-18-2012, 02:53 AM

i will be :speechless: but its a nice dream tho

seikou8
07-18-2012, 02:54 AM

"ROCKET FUELED".
Lin electrifies in his return to the Garden with 28 points and 13 assists in a W over the faltering Knicks.

i will almost cry if this happens

WhiteSoxGod
07-18-2012, 02:56 AM

Yeah what do you expect, they're New Yorkers.

heyman321
07-18-2012, 02:58 AM

Lol that is pathetic. I really wonder why New Yorkers feel like Jeremy Lin owes them something? It should be the other way around. He single handedly brought them back to .500 for most of the season or else they would've lost the 8th seed to freaking MILWAUKEE. lol. MILWAUKEE!

BklyNyk
07-18-2012, 02:59 AM

Lmao. That was great. Class is overrated.

jam
07-18-2012, 03:01 AM

Thanks for posting. It truly solidifies my take that Lin is leaving a garbage organization and garbage "fans."

WhiteSoxGod
07-18-2012, 03:07 AM
Thanks for posting. It truly solidifies my take that Lin is leaving a garbage organization and garbage "fans."

I mean that should be apparent from just spending time in the NBA forum.

KnickFanSince91
07-18-2012, 03:25 AM
:dance:

Now I don't have to hear Mike Breen drone on about him during every broadcast. He's houston's problem now.

heyman321
07-18-2012, 03:35 AM
:dance:

Now I don't have to hear Mike Breen drone on about him during every broadcast. He's houston's problem now.

I know, at least you guys got the veteran savvy and experience required to drunkenly crash your car into a pole and the ability to eat 5 cheeseburgers in a single sitting as replacement.

BklyNyk
07-18-2012, 03:41 AM
Why so salty? Landrys gonna be gud! Lmao

jam
07-18-2012, 03:46 AM
I know, at least you guys got the veteran savvy and experience required to drunkenly crash your car into a pole and the ability to eat 5 cheeseburgers in a single sitting as replacement.

Ha ha, J Kidd re-negotiated his contract so he could get a free breathalyzer as a signing bonus.

KniCks4LiFe
07-18-2012, 04:02 AM
Lmao. That was great. Class is overrated.

that's embarrassing, those are the type of fans NY does not need. Half of those comments are borderline racists, just like when we picked him off waivers. Maybe we'd react a different if he were black and the "N" word were used.

this is not all of NY, this is a special amount of biggot idiots.

NYKnicksAllDay
07-18-2012, 04:09 AM

What. The. ****. That's pretty damn pathetic and petty. That's ****ing ridiculous and uncalled for.

Sssmush
07-18-2012, 06:00 AM

"ROCKET FUELED".

yeah, it's true. Assuming that Houston doesn't make some bad trade for Dwight Howard, they are going to have A LOT of young talent and are going to be playing some good ball.

Honestly, I can see why some people are assuming Lin was a fluke, and there is a bit of racism in people assuming that. You could clearly see this all playing out with Carmelo's confusion, D'Antoni's firing, etc etc.

If you think about the numbers, Lin is clearly no fluke, he is clearly very talented, and he will very likely be even better next year. And he is being pegged as the team leader there, so no Melo-drama and coaching conflicts, the coach and the All Star waiting for your heater to end so they can get back to business as usual, while you're playing your *** off out there. Like you're on a 10 game win streak, playing your heart out, and Melo is sitting on the bench either depressed or with a fake smile. Then you get a contract offer and he calls it ridiculous. So obvious.

Houston is handing Jeremy Lin the keys to the Ferrari, and that is awesome he is taking it. New York was indecisive and full of **** all year, even when "Linsanity" was supposedly at its peak. What, it was going to be him and Tebow, praying in New York together? How 'tarded is that?

yeah, big big big game when Houston visits the Garden. Ummm, what's the Knicks' super team again? Melo, Stat, Felton, some other guy, trying to sign some euro guy, yeah. Wow, yeah, just can't wait to see that game.

sunsfan88
07-18-2012, 06:58 AM
http://i.minus.com/iMwgDXADHwS4c.jpg

Damn, and I thought Suns fans reacted horribly after Nash left us for rival Lakers... :speechless:

mizzacNYC
07-18-2012, 07:15 AM

Those are mostly racist people's comments, unfortunately they still exist...
They are everywhere mostly closeted racists. It takes someone not of there own culture or nationality to do something they don't like. Thats when the racism uncontrollable explodes out of them. However, not all of those comments were racist or disrespectful to Lin.

Yeah what do you expect, they're New Yorkers.

Hold on my friend, don't throw the MILLIONS of New Yorkers in with that little bunch of A-Holes...

Lol that is pathetic. I really wonder why New Yorkers feel like Jeremy Lin owes them something? It should be the other way around. He single handedly brought them back to .500 for most of the season or else they would've lost the 8th seed to freaking MILWAUKEE. lol. MILWAUKEE!

According to Lin its the "Best Year of His Life", his words not mine... But in all honesty I believe he wanted to stay in NY... And talking about owing something. I think HOU is paying for the mistake of cutting him in the first place...

25 games is not most of a 66 game season... Melo held on to our sorry playoff hopes turning it up after "Linsanity" died down (Woodson @ the helm), we ended up above 76ers as well. Wish we didn't then we could have faced a Rose-less bulls in the first round...

NYK4L
07-18-2012, 07:17 AM
That is moronic of them to say, but didn't Suns fans burn Nash's jersey?

49GiantWarriors
07-18-2012, 07:21 AM
That is really ****ed up especially the racism in the first post. When the Warriors decided to let go of Lin I didn't get butthurt from losing him. I didn't really have a problem. I hoped for him to have success. And if the Warriors lost a player of higher caliber in free agency I would NEVER tell them personally to go **** themselves. And I thought that when the vans at oracle were booing lacob was bad. This is worse

F-Mart26
07-18-2012, 07:21 AM
I would hold off the fire and burning is probably going to come soon.

seikou8
07-18-2012, 07:22 AM
:rolleyes::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2: my fellow knicks fans crack me up but those are casual fans that don't know anything about the situation like my friend he is so clueless.

kobe4thewinbang
07-18-2012, 07:31 AM
That's why celebrities shouldn't have facebooks or twitters. They just open the flood gates to morons like these people.

JiffyMix88
07-18-2012, 07:36 AM
LMFAO they were ruthless....i like how the last post is simple but gets the point accross lmfao

ohreally
07-18-2012, 07:37 AM
Honestly, I think the Knicks never wanted to match, they just wanted Houston to up the offer to cover the decision. They certainly never acted like they were eager to have Lin back. They talked, but all indications contradicted them. And the talk was counterproductive to their stated intentions.

AI
07-18-2012, 07:38 AM
"**** you *****" :laugh2:

Coupon
07-18-2012, 07:40 AM
Who are those people? They don't remind me of any Knicks fans I know.

The Knicks never really wanted to resign Lin. They went running after Nash, then they had the Felton deal set up and the trigger ready to pull before Lin came back with a counteroffer. For whatever reason the Knicks didn't want to sign him, but had to make it look like Lin's fault so they could escape blame from these same dimwits.

Most blame Dolan. Some blame Melo, since he knew Lin's iso style and overall style didn't mesh with his, and feel he probably influenced the decision.

It takes a real dim bulb to be angry Lin didn't sign with a team that obviously didn't want him, and wasn't offering as much money. Oh, well. Dolan can fool some of the people some of the time...

faridk89
07-18-2012, 08:07 AM
funny how these same people would stab there friends in the back for $1000 are talking all this ****... Imagine what these clowns would do for an extra few million ahah, easy to call someone greedy when your a broke ***...

New York fans make me sick, what more is there to say?

sunsfan88
07-18-2012, 08:13 AM
Even though he is a millionaire, I wonder how Lin feels when he sees all these comments.

Smc1174
07-18-2012, 08:21 AM
HAHA Wow, NY fans are very classy! Keep up the good work NY. Lets also remember, if YOU were offered $25 million YOU would take it in a second, The Knicks had a chance to match the offer, but they didn't (obviously) so shouldn't the fans be mad at the front office?

LongIslandIcedZ
07-18-2012, 08:28 AM
I really wanted Lin back, but this isnt the end of the world. Felton had his best year ever with the Knicks, albeit under D'Antoni. If he can recreate even a little bit of what he did that year, it should be a marginal improvement over Lin, from a financial sense of course. I'm excited for the season. If the Knicks can stay healthy I can see them getting at the very least the 4 seed. Unfortunately health is a big if.

bofakop
07-18-2012, 08:36 AM
way to put all NY fans into 1 group because of a few ridiculous comments:facepalm:

If you actually check out the Knicks forum you would see that most either understand the situation or are pissed at Dolan for letting Lin walk without at least getting something for him!!

LEGENDARYTURK
07-18-2012, 08:36 AM
Haha most of the posts are true, just don't like the racist comments

LEGENDARYTURK
07-18-2012, 08:37 AM
He could have made up that money though

Bornknick73
07-18-2012, 08:37 AM
Good Luck to Lin when hes facing double and triple teams with no one to pass to.

NYKnickFanatic
07-18-2012, 08:40 AM
How people quickly forget what he did for us during Linsanity. Im going to miss Lin. :(

Bornknick73
07-18-2012, 08:43 AM
People talk about how the Knicks are poorly contructed, how the parts dont fit. Yet we are vilified for not bringing back a scoring PG when the team clearly needs a pass first PG.

I guess we're dumb for not over paying for a part that doesnt fit and would cause animosity and resentment in our locker room.

Good Luck Jeremy with the double and triple teams youre gonna see when you are the lone star in The Lone Star state.

BigCityofDreams
07-18-2012, 08:52 AM
SMH that's disgusting. But I bet you if the Knicks start off slow those same ppl will say why didn't we match it

trini_knickfan
07-18-2012, 08:55 AM
Even though he is a millionaire, I wonder how Lin feels when he sees all these comments.

pretty sure it doesn't faze him

BklynKnicks3
07-18-2012, 08:59 AM
good luck in houstlin jermey i can care less lol

LEGENDARYTURK
07-18-2012, 09:01 AM
Did you all notice he didn't play at 85% in the playoffs, and then turned down a chance to play with the us select team this summer? Do you think it had anything to do with these contract talks? So the real j Lin wouldn't be more exposed and he got top dollar?

Bornknick73
07-18-2012, 09:04 AM
Anyone remember Frankie Rodriguez, the Angels rookie closer when they first won the series a few years back?

Frankie was a relative unknown. The Yankees and most of the MLB teams never saw him before. He dominated and helped the Angels win the World Series.

He turned that success into a huge contract from the Mets. What happened once teams got a chance to see him, had a chance to scout him and gameplan against him?

Where is Frankie now?

ThePooH_1_
07-18-2012, 09:05 AM
damn Lin is sooooooooooooooooo Overated, it seems like he is like Lebron and Knicks fans are mad becouse they couldn't hold him... Man calm down, it is just JEREMY LIN!!!! who had a couple of good games when Amare and Anthony were injured.. I mean even John Lucas III had a couple of damn good games but nobody gives a **** so just let him go..

I bet he will suck really bad in houston and nobody will care until allstarkbreak.

LEGENDARYTURK
07-18-2012, 09:06 AM
Agree withthepooh1

Weezy
07-18-2012, 09:10 AM
Most of these comments are hilarious besides the racist ones. I guess we all have our own ways to display frustration.

Puck017
07-18-2012, 09:12 AM
What I don't get is that if these Knicks fans really think that he's overrated and a product of D'Antoni system, shouldn't the be relieved that he's gone rather then over paying him.

BigCityofDreams
07-18-2012, 09:13 AM
Anyone remember Frankie Rodriguez, the Angels rookie closer when they first won the series a few years back?

Frankie was a relative unknown. The Yankees and most of the MLB teams never saw him before. He dominated and helped the Angels win the World Series.

He turned that success into a huge contract from the Mets. What happened once teams got a chance to see him, had a chance to scout him and gameplan against him?

Where is Frankie now?

Frankie Rodriguez was one of the top closers in the game for yrs before he went to the Mets. It's not like he won the WS and then went to Mets the next yr.

aLau10
07-18-2012, 09:13 AM
LMFAO they were ruthless....i like how the last post is simple but gets the point accross lmfao

Not quite, cuz JLin is asian?

But honestly, really...? Are Americans (more specifically New Yorkers in this case...) really educated in such manner?

Firstly, all these people got to understand it was NY that told JLin to go test the free agency waters, then they will match the offer. In that sense it was NY that is simply backing out on their initial agreement. Additionally, what do you expect a man to do? Take like literally half the money he was originally going to get to play for the Knicks? Where Melo would most likely kill the team with his ego?

Secondly, there are countless players that leave the teams that raised them, for example, LeBron, Bosh, Carter, Shaq and etc. and I'm sure you New Yorkers must think back then "Why the hell are people so pissed at LeBron & Co. seriously they are great athletes, why cant people just respect the player and let them play the game?" Moreover, the only reason NY ever thought of giving JLin a chance was because of desperate measures, due to injuries. In addition, Houston didn't simply DUMP out JLin because he was trash, it was because they already had two premier PGs and they weren't really in need of another one.

Lastly, must everything you people say contain something racial in it? I'm Chinese, but raised in Canada and I am definitely not one of those Asian bandwagoners that only jumped on JLin during his breakout, I've been following this man since his Maverick summer league days, and this man can ball. Just respect what these players decided to do, unless they are handling the situation like Dwight is, respect their game and let them play the game. They haven't harmed you in any way, not like you are going to lose an arm if he had left, its a big hit to you guys I understand, because I live in Toronto and the Raptors are just... Yeah... but yeah just let it be, its highly unnecessary to go on and bash on JLin and wish him bad luck, not like that will make your life any better people. :facepalm:

Bornknick73
07-18-2012, 09:14 AM
damn Lin is sooooooooooooooooo Overated, it seems like he is like Lebron and Knicks fans are mad becouse they couldn't hold him... Man calm down, it is just JEREMY LIN!!!! who had a couple of good games when Amare and Anthony were injured.. I mean even John Lucas III had a couple of damn good games but nobody gives a **** so just let him go..

I bet he will suck really bad in houston and nobody will care until allstarkbreak.

And this is exactly the reason im warring with my fanbase. At least when they over rated Gallo and Chandler we got a look at them for a few years. But this Jeremy Lin **** is just nonsense and you cant talk sense to them.

Its like we just let Chris ****ing Paul or Derrick Rose walk. I might have to start siding with the NBA forums in declaring my fanbase to be the dumbest mother****ers in all of sports.

Cromedome
07-18-2012, 09:14 AM
It was mostly Lin fans voicing their displeasure.

Even Johnny Pnumumee, lol.

FourOhThree
07-18-2012, 09:22 AM
It's hard to digest some of the points, which may be true, because you have to overlook the racist comments. The racial slurs are very disgraceful and only hurt the image of Knicks fans. Some of these people could have just as easily constructed their posts without that derogatory language and the message would have been much more constructive.

OptiMized
07-18-2012, 09:26 AM
I read all of them but LOL'd hard at the last one. Short and sweet, and gets his point across LMAO

BKLYNpigeon
07-18-2012, 09:26 AM
Thats why Knicks fans get a bad name. Im from Cali but live in NYC for work, I cant get myself to root for the knicks and I cant wait until the Nets move into town.

I hope Lin has a good publicist.

CostanzaNumba0
07-18-2012, 09:27 AM
Not quite, cuz JLin is asian?

But honestly, really...? Are Americans (more specifically New Yorkers in this case...) really educated in such manner?

Firstly, all these people got to understand it was NY that told JLin to go test the free agency waters, then they will match the offer. In that sense it was NY that is simply backing out on their initial agreement. Additionally, what do you expect a man to do? Take like literally half the money he was originally going to get to play for the Knicks? Where Melo would most likely kill the team with his ego?

Secondly, there are countless players that leave the teams that raised them, for example, LeBron, Bosh, Carter, Shaq and etc. and I'm sure you New Yorkers must think back then "Why the hell are people so pissed at LeBron & Co. seriously they are great athletes, why cant people just respect the player and let them play the game?" Moreover, the only reason NY ever thought of giving JLin a chance was because of desperate measures, due to injuries. In addition, Houston didn't simply DUMP out JLin because he was trash, it was because they already had two premier PGs and they weren't really in need of another one.

Lastly, must everything you people say contain something racial in it? I'm Chinese, but raised in Canada and I am definitely not one of those Asian bandwagoners that only jumped on JLin during his breakout, I've been following this man since his Maverick summer league days, and this man can ball. Just respect what these players decided to do, unless they are handling the situation like Dwight is, respect their game and let them play the game. They haven't harmed you in any way, not like you are going to lose an arm if he had left, its a big hit to you guys I understand, because I live in Toronto and the Raptors are just... Yeah... but yeah just let it be, its highly unnecessary to go on and bash on JLin and wish him bad luck, not like that will make your life any better people. :facepalm:

Its ironic how you claimed new yorkers or fans of the NYK are unedcuated and start the first section of your post with "firstly" but I digress... Knicks fans have every right to be pissed off, the man got a contract we would have signed and then went back to Houston and negotiated the poison pill at the back end to get him more money, that is shady as hell and incredibly greedy-not a great PR move. I would never condone racism, and I got you on that, but its just a select few heated fans who sought him out on facebook, if you're an athlete or celeb on facebook you gotta know this kind of stuff is going to happen. It also annoys regular fans how the Asians came out in every city repping Lin above the team, when in the past they essentially weren't fans. I get that Asians don't have many athletes in pro sports, but it was kind of annoying. Regardless, this is career suicide for Lin, having watched him everyday there is no way he can retain the kind of game he plays over a long stretch, way too much flailing and falling, not to mention turnovers and forced shots. Athletic pgs will eat him alive, he's a poor defender. He got his money in salary, good for him, but hes going to be kicking himself when hes 28 and playing for a mid level exemption somewhere when he could've had his damn face on broadway in NYC if he had stayed, making millions in endorsements.

Da Knicks
07-18-2012, 09:40 AM
Too many knick fans to try and label all knick fans as the same type of people.

GiantsSwaGG
07-18-2012, 09:42 AM

ThePooH_1_
07-18-2012, 09:51 AM
And this is exactly the reason im warring with my fanbase. At least when they over rated Gallo and Chandler we got a look at them for a few years. But this Jeremy Lin **** is just nonsense and you cant talk sense to them.

Its like we just let Chris ****ing Paul or Derrick Rose walk. I might have to start siding with the NBA forums in declaring my fanbase to be the dumbest mother****ers in all of sports.

^
this

& I don't blame all the knicks fans, but those who posted on lins wall are just stupid :facepalm:

Apophis
07-18-2012, 09:53 AM
It just shows you how people say whatever the hell they want to say while behind a computer.. Behind a PC makes people think they are bulletproof... All those people are just plain idiots..

Ciruam
07-18-2012, 09:54 AM
It's sad but not all Knicks fans hate him like the few posters on fb. But some do share the sentiment of leaving for extra $$ and turnover problems other then the ten posters on fb, it doesn't represent the Millions of Knicks fans.Futher more if you grew up a Knicks fans and can't wait to root for Brooklyn then you never were a kinks fan to begin with.

Norieaga
07-18-2012, 09:56 AM
The people leaving those comments sound generally stupid. Nothing lost here...

Slug3
07-18-2012, 09:57 AM
That is really ****ed up especially the racism in the first post. When the Warriors decided to let go of Lin I didn't get butthurt from losing him. I didn't really have a problem. I hoped for him to have success. And if the Warriors lost a player of higher caliber in free agency I would NEVER tell them personally to go **** themselves. And I thought that when the vans at oracle were booing lacob was bad. This is worse

Lets be honest here, when the warriors let him go you didnt even know who he was.

Blitzbolt
07-18-2012, 09:57 AM
NY People are Garbage I know my comments sound bad but They really are Garbage I can't find any other words to describe them.

LongIslandIcedZ
07-18-2012, 10:01 AM
Obviously those that commented harshly are wrong. But the people here bashing the Knicks fanbases are fools. This would happen with any team losing a prominent, popular player on their team. Would Bulls fans not rip on Rose if he left? Of course they would. Obviously Lin isnt on Rose's level, but the point still fans. There are really ****ed up people out there. I dont condone it, but to limit it to just NY fans is pathetic.

LongIslandIcedZ
07-18-2012, 10:01 AM
Double Post- Ma Bad

Augbro
07-18-2012, 10:02 AM
the last post is hilllllllaaaaaaarious. other than that, messed up and uncalled for. guy had the best opportunity he's ever going to have to get a contract and he went out and got one, can't blame him for that.

TheIlladelph16
07-18-2012, 10:06 AM
Its ironic how you claimed new yorkers or fans of the NYK are unedcuated and start the first section of your post with "firstly" but I digress... Knicks fans have every right to be pissed off, the man got a contract we would have signed and then went back to Houston and negotiated the poison pill at the back end to get him more money, that is shady as hell and incredibly greedy-not a great PR move. I would never condone racism, and I got you on that, but its just a select few heated fans who sought him out on facebook, if you're an athlete or celeb on facebook you gotta know this kind of stuff is going to happen. It also annoys regular fans how the Asians came out in every city repping Lin above the team, when in the past they essentially weren't fans. I get that Asians don't have many athletes in pro sports, but it was kind of annoying. Regardless, this is career suicide for Lin, having watched him everyday there is no way he can retain the kind of game he plays over a long stretch, way too much flailing and falling, not to mention turnovers and forced shots. Athletic pgs will eat him alive, he's a poor defender. He got his money in salary, good for him, but hes going to be kicking himself when hes 28 and playing for a mid level exemption somewhere when he could've had his damn face on broadway in NYC if he had stayed, making millions in endorsements.

Is that bolded part confirmed at all or that just a NY sentiment thing trying to place blame on the player that left? Serious question, I really don't know.

My impression is that the Knicks told him to test the market, Houston continued making baffling moves and decided to throw him an offer that the Knicks could not possibly match with their salary cap structure for the next few years. The Raptors did it with Fields to a degree, but the "poison pill" final year was an attempt by the Rockets to ensure NY couldn't match without paying boatloads of cash in the luxury tax. The Knicks should be no better or no worse with him leaving so I don't even see what the big deal is.

effen5
07-18-2012, 10:07 AM
Those are some unknowledgable knick fans.

Whats funny is that they kept saying the Knicks gave him the shot....well...weren't they about to release JLin until all of the PG's got hurt/or sucked balls?

They had no choice but to go to JLin. JLin got the Knicks to a playoff spot, they both benefited mutually ****in idiots.

Plus I bet he didn't like NYC, why else would he leave? Maybe he didn't like all the attention.

CostanzaNumba0
07-18-2012, 10:10 AM
NY People are Garbage I know my comments sound bad but They really are Garbage I can't find any other words to describe them.

What a well thought out, profound response...smh

Blitzbolt
07-18-2012, 10:11 AM
What a well thought out, profound response...smh

Sry I got carry away.

I know not all NY fans are like that but its hard to know who is who.

Abel Ye
07-18-2012, 10:12 AM
That is moronic of them to say, but didn't Suns fans burn Nash's jersey?

Yeah Pretty much this. I think we can all agree here that every fan base has dumb *** fans.

effen5
07-18-2012, 10:13 AM
Sry I got carry away.

I know not all NY fans are like that but its hard to know who is who.

I bet you a majority of Knick fans are like that, same way with Pittsburgh or Oakland, but their people are absolutely not like that. It just shows how die hard fans they are.

aztr0
07-18-2012, 10:13 AM
Such racism. Can't people have anything to say without resorting to racist slang? I felt Lin was a little fake. He tweeted that he was honored to be a Rocket again. Comon, if I was cut by a team that didn't bother to give me a chance, I'd be ticked off with that team. It seems like the money changed that. Oh wells, GL in Houston.

LakersSaintsLSU
07-18-2012, 10:16 AM
Steven A Stiff is so irk at him leaving (doing his best not to show it) ...as soon as skip said the knicks were worse off without lin..he's become sooooo edgy just watch him he cant even stay still...keeps interrupted skip not letting him take his turn...hahahaha steve is super butt hurt

Ill21
07-18-2012, 10:16 AM
Lol at the last one "**** you *****"

NYCEVO8
07-18-2012, 10:17 AM
HAHA Wow, NY fans are very classy! Keep up the good work NY. Lets also remember, if YOU were offered $25 million YOU would take it in a second, The Knicks had a chance to match the offer, but they didn't (obviously) so shouldn't the fans be mad at the front office?

The Knicks never had the chance to match the 28.8mil for 4 years. Which im pretty sure they would've matched had Lin signed it and had the Rockets delivered that offer sheet to us. But once again Lin isn't worth 25mil in 3 years so goodbye lil homie

LakersSaintsLSU
07-18-2012, 10:19 AM
Now he said the nets are better then the knicks UH OH!!!!!!

wtbaseball
I really dont understand how fans can be mad at Lin for making a smart Monetary decision? If any one of u idiots were offered an extra 2 million dollars a year would you turn in down because the team "gave u a chance?" NO YOU WOULDNT! And for all the people saying he has no loyalty... Wheres the Knicks loyalty? when they went after NASH and just signed FELTON and KIDD. doesnt look like they have much faith in LIN does it?

CostanzaNumba0
Is that bolded part confirmed at all or that just a NY sentiment thing trying to place blame on the player that left? Serious question, I really don't know.

My impression is that the Knicks told him to test the market, Houston continued making baffling moves and decided to throw him an offer that the Knicks could not possibly match with their salary cap structure for the next few years. The Raptors did it with Fields to a degree, but the "poison pill" final year was an attempt by the Rockets to ensure NY couldn't match without paying boatloads of cash in the luxury tax. The Knicks should be no better or no worse with him leaving so I don't even see what the big deal is.

Yes, Houston initially offered 4 years, which Lin signed, and the Knicks told him that they would match, he then went back to Houston and got it reduced to a 3 year heavily backloaded, poison pill contract. In an attempt to strong arm the Knicks into more money. Shady as hell.

CostanzaNumba0
07-18-2012, 10:22 AM
I really dont understand how fans can be mad at Lin for making a smart Monetary decision? If any one of u idiots were offered an extra 2 million dollars a year would you turn in down because the team "gave u a chance?" NO YOU WOULDNT! And for all the people saying he has no loyalty... Wheres the Knicks loyalty? when they went after NASH and just signed FELTON and KIDD. doesnt look like they have much faith in LIN does it?

You really think leaving NYC is a smart monetary decision? lol, Yogi Berra is 88 and still making commercials, Clyde is 70 and still in national ad campaigns, this kid could've had the world in endorsements had he stayed for the original 4 year deal. Please. He overplayed his hand, but good luck in Houston, you will need it.

avrpatsfan
07-18-2012, 10:22 AM
Stay classy

avrpatsfan
07-18-2012, 10:23 AM
You really think leaving NYC is a smart monetary decision? lol, Yogi Berra is 88 and still making commercials, Clyde is 70 and still in national ad campaigns, this kid could've had the world in endorsements had he stayed for the original 4 year deal. Please. He overplayed his hand, but good luck in Houston, you will need it.
He's Chinese. They'll be running commercials in China with him in them until he dies. He'll be just fine, he went to Harvard.

ragee
07-18-2012, 10:26 AM
I know Knick Fans are hurt but it was a smart move by Lin. I am a fan of his but I actually think he is overhyped. That's why this free agency is his best chance to cash in. His priority is his future first. He was undrafted. This is the first time he will get a huge pay check.

LA_Raiders
07-18-2012, 10:26 AM
You guys are better without him...

Overpaid turnover machine. He play well for D'toni coaching style, has has not proven a much yet.

CostanzaNumba0
07-18-2012, 10:28 AM
He's Chinese. They'll be running commercials in China with him in them until he dies. He'll be just fine, he went to Harvard.

If that was the case he wouldn't have run to Houston from NY for a few million dollars.

BK-TY
07-18-2012, 10:28 AM
The Knicks didn't make him an offer and told him to test the market and it backfired on them. How is HE wrong for that? Any ONE of the players on our roster and any player in the league for that matter would've signed that offer sheet.

Some NY sports fans (not Knick fans) are @$$holes for the saying some of the racist ignorant $#!t that they say!!

Them and Dolan REALLY make me sad to be a KNICKS fan sometimes.

Iron24th
07-18-2012, 10:29 AM
Knicks fans are right, he's a traitor, they made him.

CostanzaNumba0
07-18-2012, 10:29 AM
You guys are better without him...

Overpaid turnover machine. He play well for D'toni coaching style, has has not proven a much yet.

agreed

waveycrockett
07-18-2012, 10:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t45jqsVSJWI&feature=player_embedded

:clap::clap:

talk about your favorite J.Lin moments here.

Gritz
07-18-2012, 10:38 AM
Just a bunch of people showing they need Jesus

JerseyPalahniuk
07-18-2012, 10:38 AM
This should NOT be in the NBA Forum. If it's somebody I "used to know" it should be in the Knicks forum. He did not retire from the NBA.

torocan
07-18-2012, 10:41 AM
Yes, Houston initially offered 4 years, which Lin signed, and the Knicks told him that they would match, he then went back to Houston and got it reduced to a 3 year heavily backloaded, poison pill contract. In an attempt to strong arm the Knicks into more money. Shady as hell.

100% false.

Lin had a VERBAL. He did NOT have any Signed offers. The offer he SIGNED was the FIRST offer he signed.

And according to SI, Morey had already decided to increase the offer BEFORE he presented it to Lin since they had NO PG's and all the decent PG's had already been signed.

Morey actually said that they were desperate for PG's, so they decided to increase the Offer to Lin to increase their chances of landing him.

By the time Lin met with Morey to sign, Morey had already re-drafted the contract.

And Lin had NO other offers in hand, not even an Offer from the Knicks.

The root of the Knicks' frustrations with the Rockets, sources said, was the fact that they broke what is seen as an unspoken rule in negotiations by changing an informal offer during the moratorium that ran from July 1 to July 11. Houston initially offered Lin a three-year, $19.5 million deal, and those figures were widely reported after it was put forth.

The Knicks, at the time, seemed more than willing to match the offer. But the Rockets would later change it to the three-year, $25.1 million deal that was much tougher for New York to swallow. The third-year salary was increased from about $9 million to nearly $15 million, a figure that -- when coupled with the NBA's new punitive luxury tax that starts in 2013-14 -- would wreak havoc on the Knicks' already-bloated 2014-15 payroll. The Rockets recently had traded point guard Kyle Lowry to the Raptors for a first-round pick, which was seen as a major part of their proposal to try to acquire Magic center Dwight Howard. They also failed to re-sign free agent Goran Dragic, creating a void at point guard that Lin will now fill.

"We no longer had Lowry or Dragic," Rockets general manager Daryl Morey said in an interview with SI.com late Tuesday night, "and at that point we thought it made sense to offer him more money and increase our chances of getting him."

...Morey insisted that he wasn't bothered by the nature of the negotiations.

"I think all's fair in trying to improve your team," he said. "I think the Knicks were trying to give themselves as much time to make what they thought was the best decision for them. I don't have any hard feelings. They did what they thought was best for the Knicks and we were doing what we thought was best for the Rockets."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/sam_amick/07/18/jeremy-lin-houston-rockets-daryl-morey/index.html?sct=nba_t11_a3

Morey changed the offer behind everyone's back, painted Lin into a corner, and slipped the dagger into the Knicks' ribs... while smiling the entire time.

Tmath
07-18-2012, 10:42 AM
Knicks fans are right, he's a traitor, they made him.

He made himself with his play on the court, NY media just raised his price tag.