PDA

View Full Version : Does Minnesota get Batum?

IronMan21
07-16-2012, 10:03 PM
At the end of the day, do you think Minnesota will get Batum?

Chacarron
07-16-2012, 10:06 PM
I hope but I think the Blazers will match.

IronMan21
07-16-2012, 10:10 PM
it's looking like they will. They want him to take a physical. That either means they will match or Minnesota is making them take a physical before they trade for him so Portland doesn't pull another "Martell Webster".

EasternStar
07-16-2012, 10:14 PM
Yes. With Matches, Flash Camera's, and hammers going inside the Blazers offices.:cool:

rickshaw
07-16-2012, 10:16 PM
I think Portland lets him go and goes after Iggy.

EasternStar
07-16-2012, 10:19 PM
Yes. With Matches, Flash Camera's, and hammers going inside the Blazers offices.:cool:

Also, the T-Wolves will come after the Blazers with Blades and Lemon Juice!:laugh2:

iamsteel
07-16-2012, 10:26 PM
it's looking like they will. They want him to take a physical. That either means they will match or Minnesota is making them take a physical before they trade for him so Portland doesn't pull another "Martell Webster".

A trade cannot happen anymore

topdog

The teams can't trade now that the offer sheet has been signed.

"Sadly" does not have an "e." "Definitely" is spelled with an "i" not an "a."

EasternStar
HEY SASHA! (chacarronsau). Miss you when you were on the Nets buddy!:laugh2:

Chacarron
07-16-2012, 10:29 PM
HEY SASHA! (chacarronsau). Miss you when you were on the Nets buddy!:laugh2:

I miss him too.

IndyRealist
07-16-2012, 10:34 PM
I don't know that Portland has a plan B....Will Barton is 6'5"

EasternStar
07-16-2012, 10:35 PM
I miss him too.

Me too. Would love to see him shoot threes again.:sigh:

absolute zero
07-16-2012, 10:51 PM
The blazers already rejected a sign and trade. So why would they just let batum go when they could have at least received some assets in return?

soundjunkies2
07-17-2012, 12:24 AM
CSNNW confirms Minnesota did offer Derrick Williams along with two first-round picks to the #Blazers for Nicolas Batum. Portland say no. Twitter

WTF is Portland thinking. Batum is not a superstar, they should have taken that deal.

b@llhog24
07-17-2012, 12:46 AM
No.

Hawkeye15
07-17-2012, 08:28 AM
no chance. The GM's of each team have been acting like 13 year old girls this entire process. Out of spite alone, no way Portland lets him go.

nate2usmc
07-17-2012, 08:33 AM
no chance. The GM's of each team have been acting like 13 year old girls this entire process. Out of spite alone, no way Portland lets him go.

This.

:facepalm: x 1000

king4day
07-17-2012, 09:26 AM
Portland turned town 2 firsts and Williams. Something tells me they won't all of a sudden just let him go.

mrblisterdundee
07-17-2012, 09:41 AM
Why is it sad if Minnesota doesn't get Nicolas Batum? Oh yeah; it's a Minnesota fan posting this thread.
Get over it. Kevin Love's your new Kevin Garnett. He'll be really great, play with a good point guard for a few years but ultimately never win big in Minnesota. Then, as a veteran, he'll leave to a bigger-market team and finally win his first championship.'
The only reason Portland should allow Minnesota the rights to Batum is if the latter is willing to give up Nikola Pekovic.

DitchDat
07-17-2012, 10:08 AM
I believe Portland will match. Offer sheets tend to be reasonable.

Chronz
07-17-2012, 10:14 AM
Portland should have given him up, sometimes its in your best interest to take a step back

WSU Tony
07-17-2012, 10:14 AM
5% chance the Wolves end up with Batum. 99% chance the Blazers wait until Wed at 11:00 to match the offer (even though they know right now they will be matching it) just to hinder the Wolves from signing a FA until then.

Hawkeye15
07-17-2012, 12:17 PM
Why is it sad if Minnesota doesn't get Nicolas Batum? Oh yeah; it's a Minnesota fan posting this thread.
Get over it. Kevin Love's your new Kevin Garnett. He'll be really great, play with a good point guard for a few years but ultimately never win big in Minnesota. Then, as a veteran, he'll leave to a bigger-market team and finally win his first championship.'
The only reason Portland should allow Minnesota the rights to Batum is if the latter is willing to give up Nikola Pekovic.

your acting like your GM, congrats...

Hawkeye15
07-17-2012, 12:19 PM
Portland should have given him up, sometimes its in your best interest to take a step back

of course they should have, but if you have been following the Batum issue at all, you would know both teams are basically acting like children regarding this situation. As I said, while financially, and developmental wise (team wise), it doesn't make sense for Portland to spend that money on Batum right now, they will match out of spite. And as a Wolves fan, I am fine with a GM/Owner making large commitments financially due to their emotions instead of their brains, unless it's my team.

FriedTofuz
07-17-2012, 12:20 PM
I hope the blazers retain him, They'll still suck anyway. The timberwolves will be a team on the rise with batum,

limebalz05
07-17-2012, 12:56 PM
Portland retains him easily. Blazers struck gold with both of their 1st rounders. Next yr FA class is weak for SF. batum is already top 15 SF in NBA and still developing.

Red Hot Rolllin
07-17-2012, 03:44 PM
Wolfson also claims Olshey gave Kahn a list of players he would have been willing to consider in a three-team sign and trade (that would also have netted Portland draft picks), including Phoenix center Robin Lopez, Chicago sharp-shooter Kyle Korver (since dealt to Atlanta) and an unnamed Denver player, possibly Wilson Chandler. Wolfson also says speculation that Minnesota offered three first-round picks for Batum neglected to mention that Kahn would have insisted Portland take Darko Milicic back, too, and adds that a report that Minnesota offered Derrick Williams as part of a trade was wrong.

mrblisterdundee
07-18-2012, 12:10 AM
your acting like your GM, congrats...

I'm stating the reality of the situation. Minnesota isn't a team that wins championships. It's a consolation prize for the Lakers leaving. As for the Blazers, they would be idiots to take anything less than Pekovic for not matching on Batum.