PDA

View Full Version : The Official: 2012 Team USA Basketball Thread:

Nikeman
07-16-2012, 09:28 PM
Hopefully mods can sticky this, and we can keep the Team USA Basketball things here.

Anyway, wanted to ask you, what do you guys think of 2012 Team USA?

I for one will not take anything from the DR beat down.

I am watching this game with Brazil, and the lack of an inside game is ridiculous.

Tyson Chandler as your best big man will not get it done, the offense seems like "iso" superstar ball.

With Kobe's shooting 50% of the trips he's in the game, its not an efficient offense, sorry, Laker fans, but if your watching this Brazil game, Kobe keeps taking poor contested shots.

I wish team USA had taken some big men with an offensive inside game, and not just consist a team of scorers/athletes. I definitely think the elite international teams can give these guys some trouble.

JNoel
07-16-2012, 09:29 PM
Why didn't we take Bynum on the team?

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-16-2012, 09:30 PM
Olympic forum is that way----------------------->

Nikeman
07-16-2012, 09:31 PM
Why didn't we take Bynum on the team?

Exactly man, centers like Bynum is what we need, not just a bunch of scorers. Guys who can do work down low.

If Kobe is "your best post player", as he claims, and many on this forum agree, that is a problem in my eyes.

detzfish
07-16-2012, 09:38 PM
I'm a pistons fan so might seem like a homer but Greg Monroe would have been a good option for this team. He can rebound and has a good low post game. Not dominant but efficient. Options like Bynum and cousins are talented but seem to come with baggage and I think that's why they were left off.

Losoway
07-18-2012, 11:58 PM
no! i want new threads for every game

Hellcrooner
07-19-2012, 01:16 AM
would neeed more size, but talent and speed may do the trick.

Also Marc gasol is injured right now and doctors are not sure he will be ready, in that case the odds of spain taking advantage of size decreases, GI + GII > ibaka + GI