PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Korver traded to Atlanta

TeamSeattle
07-13-2012, 03:27 PM
David Locke ‏@Lockedonsports
Per @kcjhoop former utah jazz player Kyle Korver has been traded to Atlanta

K.C Johnson ‏@KCJHoop
Pending passed physical, Bulls have traded Kyle Korver to Atlanta. Could be sign-and-trade w/Hinrich. Details soon at

K.C Johnson ‏@KCJHoop
The Korver trade to Atlanta means the Bulls won't have to pay him $500,000 had they waived his $5 million non-guaranteed contract.

Interesting indeed.

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-13-2012, 03:29 PM
Good move for Hawks.

Patriotsfan97
07-13-2012, 03:29 PM
It is most likely for Hinrich

keetyweedy
07-13-2012, 03:30 PM
well so much for Korver to Minny, what exactly is Danny Ferry trying to do in ATL

justinnum1
07-13-2012, 03:32 PM
great move for atlanta, they are rebuilding nicely.

Bulls lost there one and only 3pt threat.

Cubby
07-13-2012, 03:37 PM
great move for atlanta, they are rebuilding nicely.

Bulls lost there one and only 3pt threat.

It's a money move so we get our Mini MLE back. We can get a shooter again.

StarvingKnick22
07-13-2012, 03:38 PM
he's just gona sign with Minny still. lol what would be funny if Teague got traded for his little bro, that piss him off

gotoHcarolina52
07-13-2012, 03:38 PM
With Jenkins, Morrow, Williams and now Korver, the Hawks have very good 3pt shooters.

jetsfan28
07-13-2012, 03:40 PM
Sending him for Hinrich makes perfect sense

justinnum1
07-13-2012, 03:41 PM
It's a money move so we get our Mini MLE back. We can get a shooter again.
Ok, i dont think you guys can get a better player than korver for 3mil. Certainly not lee or mayo for 3mil.

This trade was good for Miami.

This trade has no effect on miami. Bulls are not a threat to miami this year imo.

keetyweedy
07-13-2012, 03:45 PM
This trade has no effect on miami. Bulls are not a threat to miami this year imo.

I dont think w/ a healthy rose they would have been a threat to miami but that's just my opinion

King41
07-13-2012, 03:47 PM
hinrich to the bulls sounds good
the hwaks are loaded with 3 point shooter

Vincent
07-13-2012, 03:48 PM
This was a great move for the Bulls.

Gives them another 3 million to work with this year.

They were going to lose Korver anyways, because they weren't going to pay him 5 million for this season with Derrick's season in limbo.

ugafan
07-13-2012, 03:49 PM
Hawks have a ridiculous amount of shooters. If we get Dwight:

PG: Harris/Lou Williams
SG: Anthony Morrow/Lou Williams/John Jenkins
SF: Kyle Korver/?
PF: Josh Smith/Ivan Johnson
C: Dwight Howard/Zaza Pachulia

I love it

marj987
07-13-2012, 03:51 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=RFZrzg62Zj0

TeamSeattle
07-13-2012, 03:53 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=RFZrzg62Zj0

come on Korver is still a pretty well known player

marj987
07-13-2012, 03:56 PM
come on Korver is still a pretty well known player

I know, I was just kidding, I really like Korver.

popo85
07-13-2012, 03:56 PM
With Jenkins, Morrow, Williams and now Korver, the Hawks have very good 3pt shooters.

He got traded to the Jazz

TheRunKiller
07-13-2012, 04:02 PM
Yeah he's on fire 1 game then can't hit **** the next 4 games...****ing scrub

Ezio
07-13-2012, 04:03 PM
3 way trade.

JOhnnyTHaJet
07-13-2012, 04:03 PM
Korver and Morrow on the same team? 3 point barrage

gotoHcarolina52
07-13-2012, 04:05 PM

I meant Lou not Marvin.

http://www.nba.com/hawks/news/hawks-sign-free-agent-guard-lou-williams-contract

GThawks
07-13-2012, 04:06 PM

Lou Williams

TheRunKiller
07-13-2012, 04:08 PM
well all i gotta say is bulls better get some wing players who can score im getting real pissed...kinda salt heat got allen but ya'll can have that scrub rashard lewis

justinnum1
07-13-2012, 04:11 PM
well all i gotta say is bulls better get some wing players who can score im getting real pissed...kinda salt heat got allen but ya'll can have that scrub rashard lewis

gee thanks

Riley gets his man, discounted;)

He wanted battier last year and allen this year.

Cubby
07-13-2012, 04:20 PM
Yeah he's on fire 1 game then can't hit **** the next 4 games...****ing scrub

It's because he needs to be set up. He can't create his won shot so if nobody is there to take pressure off of him he's pretty much useless. Why do you think he wasn't nearly as good when Rose was out?

Cubby
07-13-2012, 04:21 PM
gee thanks

Riley gets his man, discounted;)

He wanted battier last year and allen this year.

Lewis wasn't getting more than the minimum anyway, so I don't know how you got him "discounted".

TheRunKiller
07-13-2012, 04:27 PM
It's because he needs to be set up. He can't create his won shot so if nobody is there to take pressure off of him he's pretty much useless. Why do you think he wasn't nearly as good when Rose was out?

True but we need a guy that doesn't need to be set up we need a guy who can create his own shot and get other players open besides Rose...still haven't figured out why they STILL haven't signed anyone like that yet.

BcEuAbRsS
07-13-2012, 04:27 PM
Meh... Korver was a good role player, but we have seen how useless he was come playoffs... people actually play defense in the playoffs...

justinnum1
07-13-2012, 04:33 PM
Lewis wasn't getting more than the minimum anyway, so I don't know how you got him "discounted".

We got ray discounted.

also

kcjhoop
The Korver trade is via Minnesota into Atlanta's traded player exception, meaning Bulls get 2nd-round pick from Minny and save $500K.

what an awful trade lmao

unless the bulls get a tpe, that trade makes no sense. they lose there only 3 pt threat and spend their mle on hinrich

edit, bulls dont get a tpe. dumb trade

TheRunKiller
07-13-2012, 04:37 PM
Meh... Korver was a good role player, but we have seen how useless he was come playoffs... people actually play defense in the playoffs...

Agreed 100%

Vincent
07-13-2012, 04:42 PM
We got ray discounted.

also

kcjhoop

what an awful trade lmao

unless the bulls get a tpe, that trade makes no sense. they lose there only 3 pt threat and spend their mle on hinrich

Bulls weren't going to resign him anyways.

Basically they got out of a $500K cap hit, and got a 2nd rounder out of it.

I don't see any problem with making a deal like that.

justinnum1
07-13-2012, 04:45 PM
Bulls weren't going to resign him anyways.

Basically they got out of a $500K cap hit, and got a 2nd rounder out of it.

I don't see any problem with making a deal like that.

You lose your only 3pt threat and you are using your mle on hinrich. Why not just trade korver for hinrich and give hinrich a little more money, would have give you use of the mle too, unless this is just cost cutting which it seems like.

TheRunKiller
07-13-2012, 04:47 PM
Justin why are you always on Bulls threads so much?

Vincent
07-13-2012, 04:50 PM
You lose your only 3pt threat and you are using your mle on hinrich. Why not just trade korver for hinrich and give hinrich a little more money, would have give you use of the mle too, unless this is just cost cutting which it seems like.

I'm wondering that too, but it could be a move that the Hawks didn't want to do, in order to not give the Bulls competitive advantage in the free agent market.

Since this was probably the best trade that the Bulls could do, they had no choice but to take it, or have to resign Korver to a 5 million dollar contract in a year they weren't realistically going to compete in.

But I agree, a s/t with Hinrich would've gave the Bulls a Full Mid-Level to aggressively go after another player.

ATLPRIMETIME21
07-14-2012, 01:07 AM
Hawks have a ridiculous amount of shooters. If we get Dwight:

PG: Harris/Lou Williams
SG: Anthony Morrow/Lou Williams/John Jenkins
SF: Kyle Korver/?
PF: Josh Smith/Ivan Johnson
C: Dwight Howard/Zaza Pachulia

I love it

I still say Jeff Teague is better than Devin Harris and Lou Williams

Cubby
07-14-2012, 01:21 AM
We got ray discounted.

also

kcjhoop

what an awful trade lmao

The details haven't been finalized yet. If we get that TPE, we can very easily get Lee or Mayo (on an escalating deal, obviously). Plus, we get Hinrich.

Rose/Hinrich/Teague
Mayo/Rip/Butler
Deng/Butler
Boozer/Taj
Noah/Asik

That team could very easily hold the fort until Rose gets back. Mayo would obviously do most of the ball handling anyway and Rip becomes our sixth man. Our team is a hell of a lot better in this scenario. Even you should be able to admit that.

Aust
07-14-2012, 01:22 AM
Bulls and Pacers seem to be taking a step back with their offseason moves..

Cubby
07-14-2012, 01:25 AM

I agree. I love Teague's game.

Cubby
07-14-2012, 01:25 AM
Hawks and Pacers seem to be taking a step back with their offseason moves..

The Hawks are making smart moves. They need to rebuild and they see that now.

*Silver&Black*
07-14-2012, 01:32 AM

I think he took him and Horford out of that line-up assuming they are traded for Howard. Teague will start ahead of Harris and Lou if he is still on the team no doubt.

As of now:

Teague/Williams
Harris/Jenkins/Morrow
??????/Korver/Stevenson
Smith/Ivan/Scott
Horford/Zaza/Petro

will most likely be our starting line-up (with Lou Williams as the 6th man), though we are far from done this off-season. I see alot of people putting Morrow in the starting line-up, but I don't see how a Nets bench guy from last year will make a playoff team's starting line-up above guys like Lou Williams or Devin Harris.

We already have the best bench a Josh Smith team has seen. Just either need to make that "Big" trade (Dwight Howard?) or find a starting SF. Trading Joe Johnson and Marvin Williams for Lou Williams, Devin Harris, a more solid rotation and cap room for 2 Max players next year isn't a step back to me.

Cubby
07-14-2012, 01:35 AM
I think he took him and Horford out of that line-up assuming they are traded for Howard. Teague will start ahead of Harris and Lou if he is still on the team no doubt.

As of now:

Teague/Williams
Harris/Jenkins/Morrow
??????/Korver/Stevenson
Smith/Ivan/Scott
Horford/Zaza/Petro

will most likely be our starting line-up (with Lou Williams as the 6th man), though we are far from done this off-season. I see alot of people putting Morrow in the starting line-up, but I don't see how a Nets bench guy from last year will make a playoff team's starting line-up above guys like Lou Williams or Devin Harris.

Glad to see you guys rebuilding. :)

Aust
07-14-2012, 01:36 AM
The Hawks are making smart moves. They need to rebuild and they see that now.

Meant Bulls, my bad. :o

*Silver&Black*
07-14-2012, 01:39 AM
Glad to see you guys rebuilding. :)

Thanks, me too. Long overdue. Will miss Joe, but not that contract, nor him being our "#1". Ferry seems to notice that team wasn't going to win anything, so that tells me he wants to make that "big" move. Excited.

Cubby
07-14-2012, 01:40 AM
Thanks, me too. Long overdue. Will miss Joe, but not that contract, nor him being our "#1". Ferry seems to notice that team wasn't going to win anything, so that tells me he wants to make that "big" move. Excited.

Best of luck, my man.

Cubby
07-14-2012, 01:43 AM
Meant Bulls, my bad. :o

The details of this trade haven't been decided yet. The only thing we know at this point is that Korver is ATL bound. I'm hoping for that TPE so we can do a sign and trade for Mayo or Lee.

We replaced most of our bench guys with better players (Hinrich>Watson and Butler>Brewer) so there's that. We will most likely match Asik, so we hold onto him as well. I just want to nab one of the two guys I mentioned above. That's my dream. Then put Rip as our sixth man and that's a damn good team even without Rose. I think that team could compete for a ring this year, which is something I'd didn't think was possible.

*Silver&Black*
07-14-2012, 01:44 AM
Best of luck, my man.

Thanks. You all too. Hope Rose gets back ASAP. Don't want the Heat to get an easy road for 2 straight.;)

Cubby
07-14-2012, 01:49 AM
Thanks. You all too. Hope Rose gets back ASAP. Don't want the Heat to get an easy road for 2 straight.;)

Yep, me too. One of the saddest days I can remember when he went down. Hopefully, we stop them from their repeat.

305 Heat Fan 25
07-14-2012, 09:32 AM
It just anoying to keep hearing how the Bulls with the squad they have right now they would even stand a chance against Miami. Derrick Rose can bully any point gard in the league but when you put 6"8 by the name of LeBron on him then all of the sudden the hunter gets haunted.

Sick lineups Miami Has

Guards
Mairo/ Norris/ Wade/ Allen= too much for everyone to handle

Forwards
Bosh/James/ Lewis/ Haslem/Battier/ Miller/ Jones= still too much to handle

Centers
Anthony/ Pittman= Who needs this when you have all of the above?

Miami Heat= Priceless

ichitownclowni
07-14-2012, 09:58 AM
It just anoying to keep hearing how the Bulls with the squad they have right now they would even stand a chance against Miami. Derrick Rose can bully any point gard in the league but when you put 6"8 by the name of LeBron on him then all of the sudden the hunter gets haunted.

Sick lineups Miami Has

Guards

Forwards

Centers

Miami Heat= Priceless

Get over yourself :facepalm:

justinnum1
07-14-2012, 10:23 AM

Sick lineups Miami Has

Guards

Forwards

Centers

Miami Heat= Priceless
This won't get past the bubble they are in.

*Silver&Black*
07-14-2012, 12:15 PM

Sick lineups Miami Has

Guards

Forwards

Centers

Miami Heat= Priceless

You are right! I just NOW (not seeing 1,000 of Heat posts everyday and the fact they just won, but just now after this post, right now) notice your line-up! Oh, how can anyone stand a chance! Too much. Wow. Extraordinary. Great post. You deserve a :clap:. Well done. Wow, I mean......I can't believe how loaded the Heat are. Wow.

DeyAce
07-14-2012, 12:31 PM
Jenkins is a Korver clone

Cubby
07-14-2012, 02:17 PM
You are right! I just NOW (not seeing 1,000 of Heat posts everyday and the fact they just won, but just now after this post, right now) notice your line-up! Oh, how can anyone stand a chance! Too much. Wow. Extraordinary. Great post. You deserve a :clap:. Well done. Wow, I mean......I can't believe how loaded the Heat are. Wow.

:laugh2:

Cubby
07-14-2012, 02:17 PM
Dat join date.

Ezio
07-16-2012, 06:23 PM
Chicago Bulls ‏@chicagobulls
The Chicago Bulls announced today that the team has traded forward Kyle Korver to the Atlanta Hawks

K.C Johnson ‏@KCJHoop
Bulls officially announce Kyle Korver trade, reported Friday. Minny pulled out and Bulls get a trade exception.

Mike McGraw ‏@McGrawDHBulls

Finally some closure: Korver goes straight to ATL for cash. So the Bulls get $5 mil trade exception.

K.C Johnson ‏@KCJHoop
So Bulls trade Korver straight into Atlanta's traded player exception and get one of their own. Minny pulling out cost them 2nd rd pick.

Cubby
07-16-2012, 06:24 PM
So ****ing pumped.

justinnum1
07-16-2012, 06:42 PM
unless the bulls can land lee or mayo im not sure its such a great move. But at least the front office acknowledges they need a second star, grab lee or mayo now and next summer try and get that 2nd star

Actually, they cant get lee or mayo unless houston or memphis trades them to chicago. bulls cant sign a free agent with that tpe.

JNoel
07-16-2012, 06:44 PM
ATL will be good if they trade for Howard

Cubby
07-16-2012, 06:47 PM
unless the bulls can land lee or mayo im not sure its such a great move. But at least the front office acknowledges they need a second star, grab lee or mayo now and next summer try and get that 2nd star

We just need anther shot creator. If we land Mayo, Love will probably come somewhere down the line.

justinnum1
07-16-2012, 06:54 PM
We just need anther shot creator. If we land Mayo, Love will probably come somewhere down the line.

2015 is a long ways away

Furymaker
07-16-2012, 07:05 PM
2015 is a long ways away

He can pullout in 2013/2014 , cant remember what exactly was it , but im sure he gave a notice to TWolves he might make some drama ( requesting trade probably )

This is a great move , now we can trade lets say TPE for Mayo in s&t with Memphis , they are some other options as well , TPE of 5mil will be huge if used right way

jp611
07-16-2012, 07:30 PM
If bulls turn korver into mayo with that TPE I'll be ecstatic

ThePooH_1_
07-16-2012, 07:38 PM
Mayoooooooo please come to chicago :D

Sota4Ever
07-16-2012, 07:50 PM
Bulls are going for Love now. WTF when did this happen.

Cubby
07-16-2012, 07:56 PM

When he said he'd love to play with Rose, the fact that him and Rose are good friends, the fact that we will have ample cap space to sign him when he's a FA, the fact that we'd have enough expiring assets to trade for him if he requests trade... yeah, those things.

ThePooH_1_
07-16-2012, 07:58 PM

Love said he wants to make his own big three out of his Draft class.. If we land Mayo we would have already two players from that draft class so Love would consider the Bulls and hopefully request a trade :D.

Cubby
07-16-2012, 08:00 PM
2015 is a long ways away

It'll be right around when Boozer expires and we are looking to rebuild. We could also trade expirings and pick for him, but I'd honestly wait until he's a FA and hold on to the Bobcats pick unless they suddenly become decent between now and then.

Yagyu+
07-16-2012, 08:01 PM
the fact that him and Rose are good friends

Not sure if it's still a thing, but they were training together during off-seasons for a time.

Yunqn
07-16-2012, 08:07 PM
Why does every bulls fan act so desperate with star players?

Seriously we are now caring about kevin love ? I get why .. But why get hopes up for a player that wont be available until 3 yrs from now ? Seriously ? Do u guys want to waste 2,3 or 4 yrs just begging for one player?

U guys use this "hes derrick roses best friend " thing as a reason why every year when a star player wants out or "why wouldnt he want to come to chicago, we would be a dynasty" as the reason why us

Dwight howard is friends with rose and he wants no part of chicago.. Dito for lebron who "loved roses game" and the city of chicago..

Can we just stop with this .. Seriously when that year comes up then we talk about it .. Its annoying how u guys do this or everystar and want to wait years for them only to fill up threads asking for the next one when one turns us down..

Can we build the right way ? Or actually give a fair trade ? And stop actin like chicago is where everyone wants to play..

Our biggest free agent was carlos boozer in the best freeagency ever.. I get the hope part but lets be realistic and go after what we need NOW to put us in the right spot..

Not begg for mirotic and expect him to be god.. He ist going to play for us YEARS from now.. Let it go

Rndy
07-16-2012, 08:09 PM
Why does every bulls fan act so desperate with star players?

Seriously we are now caring about kevin love ? I get why .. But why get hopes up for a player that wont be available until 3 yrs from now ? Seriously ? Do u guys want to waste 2,3 or 4 yrs just begging for one player?

U guys use this "hes derrick roses best friend " thing as a reason why every year when a star player wants out or "why wouldnt he want to come to chicago, we would be a dynasty" as the reason why us

Dwight howard is friends with rose and he wants no part of chicago.. Dito for lebron who "loved roses game" and the city of chicago..

Can we just stop with this .. Seriously when that year comes up then we talk about it .. Its annoying how u guys do this or everystar and want to wait years for them only to fill up threads asking or the next when one turns us down..

Can we build the right way ? Or actually give a fair trade ? And stop actin like chicago is where everyone wants to play..

Our biggest free agent was carlos boozer in the best freeagency ever

Saying you want someone for your team is being desperate? :eyebrow:

Cubby
07-16-2012, 09:22 PM
Not sure if it's still a thing, but they were training together during off-seasons for a time.

Yup, they work out together in LA every summer. Not this year, though, for obvious reasons.

Sota4Ever
07-17-2012, 01:03 AM
I think Rose will come to Minnesota...

justinnum1
07-17-2012, 10:35 AM
I think Rose will come to Minnesota...

kahn does love pg's

DitchDat
07-17-2012, 11:05 AM
Why does this deserve a thread? Bulls need to shed salary, Hawks get a specialist shooter. How did this go 5 pages?

NBAFan2012
07-18-2012, 12:48 AM
What are the bulls doing?