PDA

View Full Version : Kings sign Aaron Brooks

sacgiants1213
07-16-2012, 04:46 PM
From Brooks himself:

Sacramento Kings.....

https://twitter.com/Thirty2zero/status/224963102955929601

From the Kings play by play and local radio host:

Great news for Kings! Aaron Brooks is Sacramento bound!!!!

https://twitter.com/GrantNapearShow/status/224965838048993281

Cfrey
07-16-2012, 04:47 PM
Lol I like how he put a bunch of periods after it like "**** I have to play in sacremento...."

knicks=love
07-16-2012, 04:48 PM
another guard for them..

justinnum1
07-16-2012, 04:48 PM
if knicks match lin, houston is ****ed

Showtime Steve
07-16-2012, 04:49 PM
Wtf?! Why?? Guess its all offense with them

FarOutIos
07-16-2012, 04:54 PM
All offense. Didn't we just trade for a SF with little offense but good defense?... Seems like balanced additions...

Yunqn
07-16-2012, 04:54 PM

No, if knicks an bulls dont match lin & asiks offers THEN houston is fukked..

They will pay two role players max money when the cba really kicks in.. They have the weirdest roster on paper right now with nothing but players whodont have a natural position..

Houston thought it was smart and thought knicks would match but now theyre stuck with a player who will struggle now that defenses get to rest up and gameplan ..

Their system doesnt even fit for point guards..

sacgiants1213
07-16-2012, 04:56 PM
Lol I like how he put a bunch of periods after it like "**** I have to play in sacremento...."

It was his decision to sign with them, so he did have a say in this. Anyway, Petrie has been chasing Brooks for the past 3-4 years. Probably means less PT for Jimmer.

KingPosey
07-16-2012, 04:57 PM
I like I.T. but we needed another real pg. I dont think this is huge, but I like the possibilities it COULD bring.

The Motto
07-16-2012, 04:58 PM
Like this move. Even though he's similar to Thomas, still brings energy and scoring. Who needs Defense when you can outscore anyone you want? :shrug:

JLynn943
07-16-2012, 05:00 PM
I like it. We needed someone to keep Jimmer off the floor.

I don't like his tweet though. Hope that's just nothing.

Tmath
07-16-2012, 05:07 PM

They can trade the 1st round pick back to the Raptors for Calderon :laugh2:

joeystats
07-16-2012, 05:08 PM
Bye bye jimmer

FarOutIos
07-16-2012, 05:08 PM
^maybe its not a done deal yet... so he put the "..." to imply more news to come.

fadedmario
07-16-2012, 05:09 PM
What's the contract look like?

Ezio
07-16-2012, 05:09 PM
Like this move. Even though he's similar to Thomas, still brings energy and scoring. Who needs Defense when you can outscore anyone you want? :shrug:

Then why did the Thunder lose?

sep11ie
07-16-2012, 05:10 PM

They will pay two role players max money when the cba really kicks in.. They have the weirdest roster on paper right now with nothing but players whodont have a natural position..

Houston thought it was smart and thought knicks would match but now theyre stuck with a player who will struggle now that defenses get to rest up and gameplan ..

They have had 3 NEW PGs to the system thrive back to back to back... Care to explain?

mavwar53
07-16-2012, 05:11 PM
Haha, Jimmer should just save all his earnings, cause after his contract is up he's going to need a day job.

SportsNY
07-16-2012, 05:21 PM
Very underrated player.

49ersLALSFGiant
07-16-2012, 05:28 PM
Heard on the radio they are working on a 2 year deal still figuring out the money. Also on twitter and hoopshype. Help with link

Gritz
07-16-2012, 05:30 PM
5 years $58 million

Cfrey
07-16-2012, 05:35 PM
like bro the thread about this is literally right under this hahaha

tapajafri
07-16-2012, 05:37 PM
For those of you saying Jimmer is done because of this move, maybe it's a move to have Jimmer play the off guard a little more. He'd be an undersized 2 guard, but that's still his strong suit over a pg that struggles to handle the ball against NBA guard pressure

DerekRE_3
07-16-2012, 05:37 PM
5 years $58 million

Actually 2 years 3.3 mil with a player option on the second year.

sunsfan88
07-16-2012, 05:41 PM

If Houston wanted Chicago and New York to match Asik and Lin's offers, then why the hell would the Rockets give them an offer in the first place?

Are they trying to help Asik and Lin earn more money or something?

:facepalm:

Verbal Christ
07-16-2012, 05:58 PM

How many rockets games did u watch last year? You do know that both Dragic and Lowry both flourished in this system right? Riiiight.

Also, apart from the obvious financial ramifications a Lin signing means for Houston there is also a minimum salary cap that has to be met. Rookie contracts won't fill out a roster.

:sigh: another PSD genius.

SlimKid
07-16-2012, 06:01 PM
Definitely an upgrade over Jimmer.. Good move Sac-Town

Six-8-TheWizard
07-16-2012, 06:23 PM
like bro the thread about this is literally right under this hahaha

lol

black1605
07-16-2012, 06:26 PM
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=742128

TheHighLife
07-16-2012, 08:25 PM
Then why did the Thunder lose?

They got outscored.

dtmagnet
07-16-2012, 08:34 PM
They can trade the 1st round pick back to the Raptors for Calderon :laugh2:

lmao that would be hilarious.

rockets-fan
07-16-2012, 09:07 PM

:facepalm::facepalm:

How many times do we have to explain????

The Rockets will not pay Asik and Lin max money the third year like their current teams would have to! We will pay the AVERAGE salary of the contract yearly so they will pay $8.3 million yearly for three years not $5mil,$5mil,$15mil like the Knicks and the Bulls would have to pay.

Idk how many times this has been explained on this forum...

king4day
07-16-2012, 09:25 PM
I'd love for Phoenix to try working on a deal to get Evans. Maybe use Marshall as a partial centerpiece and go from there.

king4day
07-16-2012, 09:27 PM

The Rockets will not pay Asik and Lin max money the third year like their current teams would have to! We will pay the AVERAGE salary of the contract yearly so they will pay $8.3 million yearly for three years not $5mil,$5mil,$15mil like the Knicks and the Bulls would have to pay.

I thought the most they're allowed to make the first two years is the 5mil. The 3rd year is when they can make more and that's why the deal is expanded like that.
I'm not arguing your point but it's the first time I've every heard that. I don't see why it'd be any different for NY to take Lin otherwise if all 3 years were paid the same.

DerekRE_3
07-16-2012, 10:48 PM
I'd love for Phoenix to try working on a deal to get Evans. Maybe use Marshall as a partial centerpiece and go from there.

Really don't see that happening. Trading Reke in the offseason would be a mistake for the Kings. His value is at its lowest point, especially if potential deals involve Kendall Marshall as a centerpiece....

GrkGawdofWalkz
07-17-2012, 01:44 AM
Very solid move, again this is a guy who has something to prove. Thomas is the starter coming in, but the pint sized midget has to continue to improve or else his job is done. Fredette further buried in Sacto. Another college big time star being "Morrisoned".

Losoway
07-17-2012, 02:02 AM
Damn houston is having a terrible offseason

Gagan136
07-17-2012, 02:34 AM
Loaded with guards, but the team has a lot of talent and potential.

sunsfan88
07-17-2012, 04:54 AM

I'm not arguing with you cause I'm sure you know more about this than I do but how does that work? Don't the Rockets have to pay him the same contract they signed the offer sheet with which was $5mil,$5mil,$15mil?

Really don't see that happening. Trading Reke in the offseason would be a mistake for the Kings. His value is at its lowest point, especially if potential deals involve Kendall Marshall as a centerpiece....
Honestly, do you see his value increasing? He's not a SF and he's gonna be stuck behind Aaron Brooks and Isiah Thomas. At SG yall already have Thornton. At SF just traded for James Johnson and Reke again is not a SF.

I'm not saying the Suns have the pieces to trade for him (and I don't really want us to get him either) but I highly doubt his value increases much in the future with Sacramento.

Rome
07-17-2012, 05:33 AM
That worked out well....

DitchDat
07-17-2012, 06:41 AM
That's a deep backcourt.

DerekRE_3
07-17-2012, 11:47 AM
I'm not arguing with you cause I'm sure you know more about this than I do but how does that work? Don't the Rockets have to pay him the same contract they signed the offer sheet with which was $5mil,$5mil,$15mil?

Honestly, do you see his value increasing? He's not a SF and he's gonna be stuck behind Aaron Brooks and Isiah Thomas. At SG yall already have Thornton. At SF just traded for James Johnson and Reke again is not a SF.

I'm not saying the Suns have the pieces to trade for him (and I don't really want us to get him either) but I highly doubt his value increases much in the future with Sacramento.

I have no idea if it's going to increase, but it's not going to get much lower. I can tell if they trade him right now it's not going to be for freaking Kendall Marshall.

D1JM
07-17-2012, 11:52 AM

It's only for the team matching it(which is stupid). The rockets will get a cap hit of around 8 million each year, while the bulls would get a cap hit of 15 million in the third year.

Gibby23
07-17-2012, 11:52 AM

Why would the Kings want another PG? They are set with Thomas and Brooks. I think all they need now is a SF that can shoot and this team is coming together. Nice pick up of Brooks, they should be fun to watch next year.

Gibby23
07-17-2012, 11:54 AM

Who do you think is going to be the main scorer off the bench for the Kings? It will be Evans or Thorton (I still think Evans starts if he improves his jumper this offseason).

D1JM
07-17-2012, 11:56 AM
The contract is backloaded. The third year of that deal has Asik making nearly $15 million but, according to the Gilbert Arenas Provision, Houston's cap hit isn't from each year of the contract but the average of the deal. So they'll take a cap hit of $8 million per season. It was structured as such to prevent Chicago from matching that deal. As the provision mentioned, the original team's cap hit will be in the actual salary (which Houston made as such) for each year (so Bulls would take a cap hit of $5 mil in first year, $5.2 mil in second year, and nearly $15 mil in third

the New CBA is stupid (http://www.opposingviews.com/i/sports/nba/bulls/nba-rumors-omer-asik-ditching-bulls-rockets)

DerekRE_3
07-17-2012, 12:41 PM
Who do you think is going to be the main scorer off the bench for the Kings? It will be Evans or Thorton (I still think Evans starts if he improves his jumper this offseason).

I want to see Evans come off the bench. Isaiah has to start. He's the best point guard on the team and the offense was significantly better when he started last year. Isaiah and Reke did not play well together, Thornton and Isaiah did. It also gives them the best outside shooting, but both guys can score off the dribble as well. I'd love to see this:

Isaiah Thomas
Marcus Thornton
James Johnson
Thomas Robinson
DeMarcus Cousins
6th man: Tyreke Evans

Johnson is there for defense, and doesn't need the ball nearly as much as a guy like Reke. Cousins is the main post presence in the high or low post. Thomas Robinson can run the floor very well and play off of Cousins in the half court. Both of those guys are great rebounders as well.

A main bench of Brooks, Jason Thompson and Tyreke Evans is pretty solid. Evans can be the main guy of the bench unit, so he can do what he does best, which is be the main ball handler and break down defenses.

Chronz
07-17-2012, 11:11 PM
I used to trade him to Sacramento all the time, its such a good fit IMO.

Chronz
07-17-2012, 11:18 PM
They have had 3 NEW PGs to the system thrive back to back to back... Care to explain?

None of them relied on Isolation as much as Lin and Houston didnt run many of those so there is a difference. Lin was superb in Iso last year but back then I was saying it was because he was making an inordinate amount of his off the dribble jumpers, his set shooting sucked. Its why hes a huge gamble, his numbers looked fluky to me and I have my doubts that he repeats that success.

I hope Im wrong, I hope Lin gets his handle and vision under control but most importantly, that he truly is that adept at shooting off the dribble. Hes prolly going to have the ball in his hands alot now, hope he has the skillset to make use of it.