PDA

View Full Version : UNC Incoming Freshman w/ Question about Bobcats

AndyfromNeptune
07-16-2012, 03:50 PM
Hello Everyone,

I'm going to be an incoming freshman to the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill next month, and I had a quick question about the Charlotte Bobcats.

Can anyone describe what it's like to go to a Bobcats game? Are the tickets/food/parking really expensive?

I would love to be able to go to Charlotte to see the city and watch the Bobcats play every now and then, but it does seem like a bit of a drive from Chapel Hill. Any information you have is welcome! I do not know anything about North Carolina!

NBA_Starter
07-16-2012, 04:13 PM
Welcome! If you sit in the upper deck you can get tickets for really cheap, that is what we always do and we have a Great time. Of course if you sit in the lower deck tickets are a lot more expensive. As for as parking there are lots around that try to rip you off to park for like $15 or $20 bucks but there is a lot right across from the arena where you can park for $10. Food and beer etc. is pretty expensive but no more expensive than any other arena. I always have a ball when I go whether we win or lose. I hope this helps you but if you have any more questions feel free to ask.

JDM
07-16-2012, 10:22 PM
I'll be a freshman at NC State next year! We'll have a healthy rivalry! :cheers:

I have a ton of friends going there next year too, and from what I can gather (and this includes State) there is a train system that runs to places like Greensboro and, I assume, Charlotte. I know it's a pain driving to Charlotte and once you get there it can get messy, so if you want to avoid that I would strongly suggest looking at train options. I could be wrong about this, but it's worth researching into it.

AndyfromNeptune
07-17-2012, 01:24 AM
I'll be a freshman at NC State next year! We'll have a healthy rivalry! :cheers:

I have a ton of friends going there next year too, and from what I can gather (and this includes State) there is a train system that runs to places like Greensboro and, I assume, Charlotte. I know it's a pain driving to Charlotte and once you get there it can get messy, so if you want to avoid that I would strongly suggest looking at train options. I could be wrong about this, but it's worth researching into it.

Thank you so much. Tell your friends to add me on Facebook ! I'm from New Jersey so I know absolutely nobody from North Carolina whatsoever.

I want to check out some Knicks/Bobcats games next year.

http://www.facebook.com/andrewroycebauer

Rufuspaul
07-17-2012, 12:59 PM
Probably the easiest thing to do from Chapel Hill is take I-85 to I-485 and park at the light rail station and take the train into town. It gets you right up to the arena. Go early and eat dinner at one of the many restaurants around and in the epicentre.

IronMan21
07-17-2012, 03:17 PM
the Bobcats tickets will be pretty cheap this year. haha

JDM
07-17-2012, 09:01 PM
Thank you so much. Tell your friends to add me on Facebook ! I'm from New Jersey so I know absolutely nobody from North Carolina whatsoever.

I want to check out some Knicks/Bobcats games next year.

http://www.facebook.com/andrewroycebauer

Will do. Well there's a **** load of people there so you should have no trouble meeting people! I hope you enjoy NC and best of luck at UNC! Even though I can't stand that school :p.