PDA

View Full Version : Kobe thinking of retirement?

asandhu23
07-16-2012, 01:19 PM
http://www.hoopsvibe.com/nba-news-and-rumors/articles/169759-kobe-talks-about-retiring-in-2-years

Hmm?

AnthonyTyrael
07-16-2012, 01:23 PM
So let it be written, so let it be done.

rwynyc
07-16-2012, 01:28 PM
I dont know how he does it. As much as I hate the guy he is a warrior to be able to play at this level for so long.

LongIslandIcedZ
07-16-2012, 01:29 PM
I dont see Kobe retiring until he has more rings than Michael. lol.

TeamSeattle
07-16-2012, 01:30 PM
So let it be written, so let it be done.

OH **** one of the best movie lines of all time.

310Casper
07-16-2012, 01:32 PM
the door is wide open for whoever wants to be king of LA in 2-3 years.

Nash and Kobe will leave it wide open for someone worthy of it... (hint hint dwight)

Delusional
07-16-2012, 01:33 PM
He won't retire until he's 41. I'm calling it now.

Raps08-09 Champ
07-16-2012, 01:37 PM
Kobe won't retire until he passes MJ in rings or teams wont let him be a star anymore. His ego is that big.

Knowledge
07-16-2012, 01:39 PM
Kobe thinking of how to get LA to give him the contract he wants . . .

Joker55
07-16-2012, 01:41 PM
Kobe won't retire until he passes MJ in rings or teams wont let him be a star anymore. His ego is that big.

Kobe thinking of how to get LA to give him the contract he wants . . .

Those.

NBAfan4life
07-16-2012, 01:41 PM
I like to think Kobe will be reasonable with his next contract. I dont think his ego will allow it though

Cfrey
07-16-2012, 01:42 PM
kobe will never get another ring so he'll be playing until he's limbs fall off

smith&wesson
07-16-2012, 01:43 PM
:cry: no showbe i love you.

smith&wesson
07-16-2012, 01:45 PM

how do you know ?

if howards a laker next season its hard to see anyone stopping them. nash, kobe, gasol, howard :drool:

even with nash, kobe, gasol, bynum they have a good chance of winning.

310Casper
07-16-2012, 01:45 PM
After this season is over, kobe only has 1 season left in his contract. Its gonna be interesting to see how its handled....god i hope he's reasonable and doesnt get butthurt when he's offered 12-13 million instead of what he's making now (double that).

He'll be a 36 year old declined shooting guard with 45 year old mileage on him and a plethora of body injuries and band-aids. His 7 for 27 nights are coming around more often too, i can only imagine what it'll be like in 2 years. As a laker fan first and kobe fan 2nd, i hope he retires at around 37 with his 6th ring. A nice way to end his legacy, tying jordan and going down as a top 5 all time player.

Cfrey
07-16-2012, 01:47 PM
how do you know ?

if howards a laker next season its hard to see anyone stopping them. nash, kobe, gasol, howard :drool:

even with nash, kobe, gasol, bynum they have a good chance of winning.

it would be hard to beat that team, yes. but howard isn't going to the lakers lol

Giants-49ers-Ws
07-16-2012, 02:05 PM
he'll play another four years

fresh prince
07-16-2012, 02:16 PM
After this season is over, kobe only has 1 season left in his contract. Its gonna be interesting to see how its handled....god i hope he's reasonable and doesnt get butthurt when he's offered 12-13 million instead of what he's making now (double that).

He'll be a 36 year old declined shooting guard with 45 year old mileage on him and a plethora of body injuries and band-aids. His 7 for 27 nights are coming around more often too, i can only imagine what it'll be like in 2 years. As a laker fan first and kobe fan 2nd, i hope he retires at around 37 with his 6th ring. A nice way to end his legacy, tying jordan and going down as a top 5 all time player.

:confused:

That means 1 title in the next 4 years.

You need to brush up on your Laker fan hand book. To quote Stu Lantz in Laker land : "that will..not get it done!"

310Casper
07-16-2012, 02:53 PM
:confused:

That means 1 title in the next 4 years.

You need to brush up on your Laker fan hand book. To quote Stu Lantz in Laker land : "that will..not get it done!"

1 title in the next 4 years with the Thunder and even-more-improved Heat squad is reasonable.

Lakers are old bro. Lets be realistic. I think 1 ring in the next 4 years is reasonable, 2 would be an amazing feat.

TheNumber37
07-16-2012, 03:00 PM
If they get Howard and he resigns they could easily win back to back, giving Kobe 7 and the perfect retirement moment.

BKdoubleStacker
07-16-2012, 03:04 PM

kid cudi will never be a good rapper either

ThunderousDemon
07-16-2012, 03:17 PM
kid cudi will never be a good rapper either

Kid Cudi is a tool.

RaiderLakersA's
07-16-2012, 03:19 PM
As a laker fan first and kobe fan 2nd, i hope he retires at around 37 with his 6th ring. A nice way to end his legacy, tying jordan and going down as a top 5 all time player.

As a Laker fan first and a Kobe fan second, I hope that he helps us get more championships than Boston.

Screw the Jordan thing for obvious reasons: Bill Russell has more rings (and no one's catching him); Jordan is never going to be supplanted as GOAT by the present generation; and Kobe is already secured in his top 2 shooting guard of all time and top 10 NBA player of all time status.

If Kobe wants to leave a lasting impression, please put Boston's championship primacy in the rear view mirror for me. That's all I care about. Kobe should go out with the Lakers on top or at least tied with Boston in titles.

But if that's not meant to happen on Kobe's watch, sure, I hope he leaves the game on his terms and has the courage to stick to it...unlike Jordan.

Raph12
07-16-2012, 03:23 PM
He's just trying to sell Dwight on LA ;)

numba1CHANGsta
07-16-2012, 03:34 PM
Kobe will retire after he wins two more rings

naps
07-16-2012, 03:37 PM
He'll be playing until he's 40.

Jarvo
07-16-2012, 03:46 PM
Not a huge fan of Kobe, But I respect the hell out of him when him, Duncan, KG, Nash, Pierce, Allen, Carter, Kidd, T Mac and others retire its going to be sad.

nickdymez
07-16-2012, 04:25 PM

I remember people were saying this when Shaq left. 2 rings later i guess they are still saying it. :moon:

Hawkeye15
07-16-2012, 04:35 PM
I think he is far too competitive to retire for another 4-5 years at least. He keeps himself in great shape, and if he can just avoid injury, can compete at a very high level late into his 30's.

Hellcrooner
07-16-2012, 04:39 PM
He doenst need to retire.

Just accept to drop his all time scorers list targets and focus on winning games and rings if posible for lakers.

If he accepts to average less minutes and less points progresively the next few years he can play 5 or 6 more years.

20 p game now

17 per game in two years

14 per game in four years.

Kareem accepted it, why shouldnt he?

nickdymez
07-16-2012, 04:42 PM
He doenst need to retire.

Just accept to drop his all time scorers list targets and focus on winning games and rings if posible for lakers.

If he accepts to average less minutes and less points progresively the next few years he can play 5 or 6 more years.

20 p game now

17 per game in two years

14 per game in four years.

Kareem accepted it, why shouldnt he?

Because he's Kobe, not kareem. He should write his own legacy, not follow someone else..

Cfrey
07-16-2012, 04:45 PM
I remember people were saying this when Shaq left. 2 rings later i guess they are still saying it. :moon:

they said kobe would never win a ring without another dominant big man... pau gasol says hello... and may I remind you that Gasol was actually jipped out of the finals MVP in 08

so :moon:

nickdymez
07-16-2012, 04:47 PM
they said kobe would never win a ring without another dominant big man... pau gasol says hello... and may I remind you that Gasol was actually jipped out of the finals MVP in 08

Naw, your a hater bro. Pau Gasol isnt a dominate big man. I dont think "Dominate" when i think Gasol.

Cfrey
07-16-2012, 04:49 PM
You don't think dominant now...... cause he is not anywhere close to where he once was when they won the finals.. like seriously gtfo of here if you don't think Pau was a huge reason they won more championships.. what happened when shaq left and kobe was by himself?? they sucked

valade16
07-16-2012, 04:52 PM
Kobe is at 29,484 career points.

Kareem is at 38,387 career points.

That's 1,780 points per year for the next 5 years. I had always assumed he was gunning for that record but looking at how far away he is I can't see it happening.

nickdymez
07-16-2012, 04:53 PM
You don't think dominant now...... cause he is not anywhere close to where he once was when they won the finals.. like seriously gtfo of here if you don't think Pau was a huge reason they won more championships.. what happened when shaq left and kobe was by himself?? they sucked

lol. When shaq left the line up was:

Smush
Kobe
lamar
grant
Kwame

Yea, thats all-star talent right there. lol. Just say your a hater. The lakers lost the 08 finals by the way. Pau actually should have been MVP because he played like a *****. he should have been MVP for the celtics. The next year when the Lakers won the tittle, Kobe averaged 32 and 8. Just stop

Hawkeye15
07-16-2012, 04:54 PM
Naw, your a hater bro. Pau Gasol isnt a dominate big man. I dont think "Dominate" when i think Gasol.

Gasol was one of the top 3-4 big men in the NBA during those 2 championship runs, statistically more important than Kobe. That being said, I still think Kobe was the #1 on those teams.

bucketss
07-16-2012, 04:55 PM

lol i hate one kobe alot probably because of my intense hate for the lakers but seriously what is kobe suppose to win with smush parker and kwame would that please these people?

nickdymez
07-16-2012, 04:56 PM
Gasol was one of the top 3-4 big men in the NBA during those 2 championship runs, statistically more important than Kobe. That being said, I still think Kobe was the #1 on those teams.

Perfect example as to why stats dont mean **** without heart. The celtics bullied Pau and made him play like he was scared. No one was bullying Kobe, he played like a champ.

Hawkeye15
07-16-2012, 05:01 PM
Perfect example as to why stats dont mean **** without heart. The celtics bullied Pau and made him play like he was scared. No one was bullying Kobe, he played like a champ.

Laker fans underrate Pau Gasol's level of play so badly, its unreal. Always have.

SportsFanatic10
07-16-2012, 05:06 PM
if i were him i'd go for 20 seasons. just seems like a nice round number lol. a 2 decade career is impressive.

Hellcrooner
07-16-2012, 05:11 PM
KOBE irattional fans underrate Pau Gasol's level of play so badly, its unreal. Always have.

you are wellcome

ThunderousDemon
07-16-2012, 05:16 PM
you are wellcome

:violin:

nickdymez
07-16-2012, 05:18 PM
Laker fans underrate Pau Gasol's level of play so badly, its unreal. Always have.

Im not underrating Pau Gasol at all. But Kobe haters over rate him as an excuse to say that Kobe isn't great.

Hawkeye15
07-16-2012, 05:21 PM
Im not underrating Pau Gasol at all. But Kobe haters over rate him as an excuse to say that Kobe isn't great.

meh, there is a grey area in there. All the top 10 players who have won multiple rings, such as Kobe also had stars on their rosters for most of their career, including each and every championship year they played in.

Cfrey
07-16-2012, 05:55 PM
lol. When shaq left the line up was:

Smush
Kobe
lamar
grant
Kwame

Yea, thats all-star talent right there. lol. Just say your a hater. The lakers lost the 08 finals by the way. Pau actually should have been MVP because he played like a *****. he should have been MVP for the celtics. The next year when the Lakers won the tittle, Kobe averaged 32 and 8. Just stop

I will admit that I'm a kobe hater.. But I'm also a basketball realist...

You named that line-up and proved to me and everyone else that he can't do it alone. So why is it that Kobe suddenly becomes the reason for his 5 rings?? When he wasn't the main factor every time...????? just gtfo

Cfrey
07-16-2012, 05:57 PM
lol i hate one kobe alot probably because of my intense hate for the lakers but seriously what is kobe suppose to win with smush parker and kwame would that please these people?

Dude you're missing the point.. He isn't supposed to win with that line-up.. but LeBron took an arguably just as bad line-up to the ****ing finals....

that right there alone proves the fact more than anything that kobe was never able to do it alone.. people say his greatness is that he has 5 rings.. sure he can fill up one hand with jewelry but he also played with arguably the greatest center of all time for 3 ships and then pau gasol who was no slouch when they won it

and its not like I don't realize kobe is one of the all time greats.. its just the people who act like he is a ****ing pharaoh piss me off

BrandoCommando
07-16-2012, 06:05 PM
I dont see Kobe retiring until he has more rings than Michael. lol.

So he'll never retire.. :sigh:

ThunderousDemon
07-16-2012, 06:06 PM

You named that line-up and proved to me and everyone else that he can't do it alone. So why is it that Kobe suddenly becomes the reason for his 5 rings?? When he wasn't the main factor every time...????? just gtfo

That all you needed to say, now everyone will know not take your biased outlook serious.

MintBerryCrunch
07-16-2012, 06:13 PM
His ego won't allow him? This man sat out the last game of last season even though he could've easily gone for 35 and gotten the scoring title.

He's ego wasnt too big for that..

I swear haters gonna hate

MintBerryCrunch
07-16-2012, 06:14 PM
That all you needed to say, now everyone will know not take your biased outlook serious.

So much this

Hawkeye15
07-16-2012, 08:35 PM

I hope you are aware that you can hate a player but have a completely rational opinion about him. Is it normal? No. But it's also possible to have a rational opinion of a player you love, you know, able to point out flaws. Some of us fit here, most of us don't.

cg_la00
07-16-2012, 08:39 PM
kobe will play until he plays for 20 seasons

duane v
07-16-2012, 08:40 PM
wish he would retire after the olympics

raiderposting
07-16-2012, 08:43 PM
kobe trolling, he said a couple days ago he has 3-4 good years left.

raiderposting
07-16-2012, 08:44 PM
wish he would retire after the olympics

yeah because he's done right.

duane v
07-16-2012, 08:53 PM
yeah because he's done right.

He makes too much damn money...... The Lakers could get a ton of players for what kobe is making

Hunter48MVP
07-16-2012, 08:55 PM
Kobe wants more rings and wants to pass Jordan in points as well

raiderposting
07-16-2012, 09:00 PM
He makes too much damn money...... The Lakers could get a ton of players for what kobe is making

to owners its not only about winning. A profit is a must and kobe brings in way more money than he makes from the team. Lakers are the favorite team in china because Kobe for some reason is idolized there. Lakers also have the richest tv contract, double that of the 2nd team.

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-16-2012, 09:05 PM

Yea, how dare Paul Pierce win it instead of Pau when the Celtics won the title. :rolleyes:

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-16-2012, 09:10 PM
I don't want any Laker fans underrating Pau Gasol. Please appreciate him. He's the greatest thing that has happened to the Lakers since Shaq & Kobe came in 96. Class act guy! Love PG in the PG!

AIRMAR72
07-16-2012, 09:25 PM
kobe really should consider the idea

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-16-2012, 09:27 PM
kobe really should consider the idea

Yea, you'd like that wouldn't you. Hater!

piratepete
07-16-2012, 09:45 PM
i dont hate anyteam so dont get this wrong i dont see the lakers wining so manny rings with the current team if howard joins then a whole differnt story adding nash didnt make them better he realy doesnt play good defence as a mater of fact i like session better yes nash can score no taught but defence wins championships not offence so if howard dont join i see them getting knock off again in the second round and no one getting any younger
plus this coach is not compatable with there game they need phil back

hidalgo
07-16-2012, 11:27 PM
i wish he was telling the truth, but he's straight up lying. he'll play at least 4 more years. probably more. i'm sure he wants to pad his stats & pass Kareem for most points total, & try to tie or pass MJ's 6 titles(yet MJ's 6 finals mvps is the true standard). no way that arrogant ego maniac retires anytime remotely soon. he just wants attention , "oh pweease Kobe don't go!" , pffffft EFF off already says i

Hotone1401
07-16-2012, 11:43 PM
I wonder if any of the haters will miss any part of his game when he's gone because I feel it's gonna be a very sad day. I feel the same way about Nash, KG, and Duncan retiring. We're talking about the most fundamentally skilled guys to ever play in the league here and a part of me fears the new era of players will never develop the purist parts of the game.

It's been one of my greatest joys and inspirations to watch legends like these guys play. They will all be missed.

IronMan21
07-17-2012, 12:04 AM
don't see him retiring for another 4-5 years even tho i want him too...he's been beating my wolves

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-17-2012, 12:16 AM
I wonder if any of the haters will miss any part of his game when he's gone because I feel it's gonna be a very sad day. I feel the same way about Nash, KG, and Duncan retiring. We're talking about the most fundamentally skilled guys to ever play in the league here and a part of me fears the new era of players will never develop the purist parts of the game.

It's been one of my greatest joys and inspirations to watch legends like these guys play. They will all be missed.

You mean to tell me that flopping, check my stats T-shirts, pre-celebration parties and going to the line 25 times a game for defenders breathing on you isn't part of the purist NBA? ;)

Joker55
07-17-2012, 12:20 AM
He's still got a bit to go. He'll call it quits in 4 or 5 years.

8kobe24
07-17-2012, 01:52 AM
You mean to tell me that flopping, check my stats T-shirts, pre-celebration parties and going to the line 25 times a game for defenders breathing on you isn't part of the purist NBA? ;)

That's as "purist" as it gets nowadays.

Avenged
07-17-2012, 02:28 AM

Lol they have always said this post Shaq. Some of these guys need new material :yawn:

MetroMan
07-17-2012, 02:30 AM
in 2 years kobe should be third in all time scoring.... he should go for 1.

Avenged
07-17-2012, 02:34 AM

So what happens if we take Kobe out instead of Pau? Pau wins the championship!?!?! :speechless: :speechless:

Pau certainly helped the Lakers get a championship. As did Kobe, and as did everyone else who was on the rotation.

You are praising Pau by bashing Kobe but you're not taking into consideration what Pau did when he was the 1st option in Memphis. Saying the Lakers sucked when Shaq left, but Pau wasn't any better on his own team. And now he was robbed Finals MVP????

Oh okay. That explains it. You have an agenda to fill.

Hellcrooner
07-17-2012, 04:23 AM
So what happens if we take Kobe out instead of Pau? Pau wins the championship!?!?! :speechless: :speechless:

Pau certainly helped the Lakers get a championship. As did Kobe, and as did everyone else who was on the rotation.

You are praising Pau by bashing Kobe but you're not taking into consideration what Pau did when he was the 1st option in Memphis. Saying the Lakers sucked when Shaq left, but Pau wasn't any better on his own team. And now he was robbed Finals MVP????

Oh okay. That explains it. You have an agenda to fill.

Dude, you knwo how many allstars Past/on that present day/ futre did pau have playing with him in memphis?
yeah thats it 0.

Getting that boat of crap to 50 wins and to the playoffs should be a reason to PRAISE not bash the dude.

Same for kobe being able to lead his own 04-08 boat of crap to the playoffs and even to a 7th game, reason to Praise not Bash.

Rome
07-17-2012, 04:31 AM
4 more season is very possible. Would like to see him play as long as he can. Not buying 35 though. He'll still have the game.

Blazers#1Fan
07-17-2012, 04:42 AM
I say in his 40's he will retire he will ty jordans 6 and beat kareems pts lakers need to figure out a way to get josh smith or andre iguodala

Bynum
Gasol
Iguodala
Kobe
Nash

Hope lakers sign grant hill Maybe next year go after ibaka