PDA

View Full Version : Report: Dwight Howard willing to sit out entire 2012-2013 season in Orlando

Pages : [1] 2

Fresno
07-16-2012, 01:11 PM
A source close to Dwight Howard tells me that Dwight is fully prepared to sit out the entire 2012-13 season in Orlando.
https://twitter.com/206Child/status/224885633590636544

I wonder if this is him trying to force a deal now.

rhino17
07-16-2012, 01:13 PM
What a ****ing *****

I hope Orlando has the balls to keep him and let him eat his words

I also hope everyone tells him to go **** himself as a free agent and he gets stuck signing in some place like Charlotte

I have ZERO respect for this guy

Cfrey
07-16-2012, 01:14 PM
He honestly should just be suspended from the NBA indefinitely for threatening to sit out an entire year while under contract. I think that should actually be a rule.

GoPacers33
07-16-2012, 01:15 PM
dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeee

oak2455
Let him sit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JLynn943
Let him sit. idgaf.

Sadds The Gr8
07-16-2012, 01:16 PM
looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ool

Mr. Baller
07-16-2012, 01:16 PM
And people hate on how LBJ handled his FA...

BigBlueCrew
07-16-2012, 01:17 PM
Good for him :shrug:

TeamSeattle
07-16-2012, 01:18 PM
In the next CBA...the Dwight Howard rule.

black1605
07-16-2012, 01:19 PM
Let him sit. I can't stand hearing about him anymore.

AnthonyTyrael
My opinion too. He's not representing either his ballclub nor the NBA in good way.

xk4
ha. ahahah.

Who is this guy's PR agent. Worst ever.

Fresno
What a ****ing *****

I also hope everyone tells him to go **** himself as a free agent and he gets stuck signing in some place like Charlotte

Disagree.

It is entirely Orlando's fault for not trading when he demanded a trade

Rivera
:facepalm: someone tell me why he opted in again? was he held at gun point?

DerekRE_3
I read this as Dwight Howard willing to become an even bigger douche.

marj987
07-16-2012, 01:20 PM
Wwwowoooooowwwwwww dude Lmfao that's sad.

TylerSL
07-16-2012, 01:21 PM
Good for him :shrug:

are you being sarcastic? Because I cant tell. If you are, then ok, if not, then

:facepalm:

wow, you are big Lebron hater because he went to Miami, buts its ok for Dwight to sit out a season when he is under contract.........

Fresno
He has every right to sit out because their GM is a puppet of ownership and passed on deals that could've sent Dwight to Brooklyn or LA. Now hes stuck in a situation with no leverage to move Dwight to any team, while hoping Houston or Atlanta gives him some amazing offer to take Dwight at a bargain.

Dwight can NOT start the season on the Orlando Magic, he has burned every bridge there with the organization.

It is foolish to expect him to return for training camp, preseason, & then play regular season games on the Magic so their GM can trade him in the middle of the season.

The only solution is to sit out until they find a team for him to go to.

NJrockPD
Disagree.

Yeah cause he should be able to call the shots after signing a contract.

MetroMan
07-16-2012, 01:22 PM
Not Howards fault. for like 2 years he been saying get me in or get me out

Fresno
07-16-2012, 01:23 PM

wow, you are big Lebron hater because he went to Miami, buts its ok for Dwight to sit out a season when he is under contract.........

LeBron formed a Big 3 because he couldn't win on his own and he embarassed his city, teammates, ownership, & fans on National TV by going to Miami.

The only thing Dwight has wanted is to be traded.

Orlando has failed for several months to give him what he wanted.

DerekRE_3
Disagree.

Kind of hard to make a trade that is good for your team when everyone knows he only wants to go to one particular team.

whitvalid
Right this has gotten to the point where I can't figure out why people don't HATE this guy like they hated on LBJ last year.

Seems like people are just annoyed with the situation but not enraged with Howard like they should be. Never have I heard of such shenanigans from a supposedly likeable and agreeable person. Skru him I don't think a nice smile is worth this ******** what a whine ***.

GET OUT OF THE NBA so i can hear a different story for the next two years.

edit* and I do think that Orlando management has made an example of everything not to do. But seriously you're under contract to get some rebounds and collect millions of dollars, and you're going to sit on the grocery store floor and kick and scream?
yuck.

BigBlueCrew

You cant force this big baby to play at full force. If he doesn't wanna play just sit out. What else can you do? Hold a gun to his head?

Gritz
07-16-2012, 01:24 PM
Straight gangsta

TylerSL
Disagree.

While it may be proper etiquette to trade him, they do not have to. They have every right to keep him as they have him under contract. He is under contract, he would be breaking the law if he refuses to play. Dwight is a kunt!

Sandman
So teams are tampering if they talk about acquiring a player under contract with another team

And Dwight Howard is free to say I WANT TO GO TO BROOKLYN

Let him sit. Eat **** big baby.

Fresno
07-16-2012, 01:25 PM
Yeah cause he should be able to call the shots after signing a contract.

The truth is that he does call the shots.

Either they trade him for some sort of value or lose him for nothing and be stuck with the bad contracts they accumulated.

He's made that clear to Orlando: Trade me or Let me leave

If Orlando is going to take the stance of letting Dwight go for nothing, why not release him right now? That gets it over and done with.

TylerSL
07-16-2012, 01:26 PM
You cant force this big baby to play at full force. If he doesn't wanna play just sit out. What else can you do? Hold a gun to his head?

He is under contract, it would be illegal for him to not fufill his contract. That's what happens when you sign your name.

AWC713
LeBron formed a Big 3 because he couldn't win on his own and he embarassed his city, teammates, ownership, & fans on National TV by going to Miami.

this is why i hate lebron haters: "he couldnt win on his own"

NO ONE CAN WIN ON THEIR OWN. YOU NEED A GREAT TEAM, NOT JUST A GREAT PLAYER.

basketball is not a 1 on 1 game like tennis or golf, and its not a 1 on 5 game. lebron played well enough to win championships in cleveland, but his supporting cast did not.

MJ, though he was great, also had great teams. Same with Kobe. Same with every championship, ever.

LongIslandIcedZ
Jesus I hope they sit him down for a year, get the first pick, draft a future hall of famer, then Dwight has to sign somewhere ******.

Sandman
07-16-2012, 01:27 PM

Dwightmare is his own fault. Its been a back and forth circus the whole time. Remember when he opted in?

Fresno
07-16-2012, 01:28 PM
Kind of hard to make a trade that is good for your team when everyone knows he only wants to go to one particular team.

But they had an offer in place with Brooklyn to get Lopez, Brooks, & 3 1st Round Picks.

It was Orlando who pulled out of the deal because they wanted more specifically to throw in multiple bad contracts to Brooklyn, who would then have to sign & trade Kris Humphries elsewhere in order to get it done.

waveycrockett
Brooklyn baby!!!

TylerSL
It would, however, be in the best intrest of Orlando to just trade him. Seriously, just ****ing do it already. Nobody will miss him......

BigBlueCrew
07-16-2012, 01:29 PM
He is under contract, it would be illegal for him to not fufill his contract. That's what happens when you sign your name.

Its illegal for him not to show up (at least I think, dont quote me). But if he stands there and does nothing whats the point of running him out there?

Iron24th
Let him sit!

JOhnnyTHaJet
I dont blame him :shrug:

MetroMan
07-16-2012, 01:30 PM
MetroMan says, (Lebron style) sit yo arse down

ThunderousDemon

Still better than,"The Decision".

Fresno
this is why i hate lebron haters: "he couldnt win on his own"

NO ONE CAN WIN ON THEIR OWN. YOU NEED A GREAT TEAM, NOT JUST A GREAT PLAYER.

basketball is not a 1 on 1 game like tennis or golf, and its not a 1 on 5 game. lebron played well enough to win championships in cleveland, but his supporting cast did not.

MJ, though he was great, also had great teams. Same with Kobe. Same with every championship, ever.

Did Kobe or MJ conspire to leave their team and get together with 2 of the other top players at their positions to form a "Big 3"? No.

Kobe was drafted when Shaq was coming there to lead the team.

All of MJ's teammates were acquired in the draft or via trade and the only guy who really sacrificed was Ron Harper.

LeBron formed a Big 3 because he couldn't win on his own and he knew he coldn't do it in Cleveland. He was scared to take the same blame guys like Dirk, KG, Barkley, & now Dwight, Carmelo are doing because they couldn't win a Championship.

ThunderousDemon
07-16-2012, 01:31 PM
Let him eat cake!

Joker55
Good for him. He's truly embarrassing himself.

michael811
I might be wrong but if Dwight sits out a whole season then he doesn't become a free agent and still has one year left on his contract after this year and is stuck in the same place. Dwight has only two choices honor the contract he signed or retire. If the organization chooses to trade him that is up to them

Mcdoh
07-16-2012, 01:32 PM
just trade him already.. unless rob really dont have any plans in trading him and really wants him to sign an extension..

rhino17
Disagree.

He is under contract, he has no right to demand a trade. He has to be held to his contract until it is up like any other person in this world.

Instead, he is acting like a grade A *****

JLynn943
He has every right to sit out because their GM is a puppet of ownership and passed on deals that could've sent Dwight to Brooklyn or LA. Now hes stuck in a situation with no leverage to move Dwight to any team, while hoping Houston or Atlanta gives him some amazing offer to take Dwight at a bargain.

Dwight can NOT start the season on the Orlando Magic, he has burned every bridge there with the organization.

It is foolish to expect him to return for training camp, preseason, & then play regular season games on the Magic so their GM can trade him in the middle of the season.

Dwight never should have opted in. He is under contract now for this next season whether he likes it or not. Orlando doesn't have to do anything. They are in charge. If they can't get a good deal for him, then let him walk and try to find a team that has the cap space to pay him.

If I'm Orlando, I don't care what he does. Let them tank and get a high pick for next year and waste a year of Dwight's career. Then when he walks, at least they've theoretically got something better than some late round picks and an overpaid second-rate center. Give Ayon a bunch of playing time, and if he doesn't pan out, make a play for Bynum.

SlimKid
It's crazy that there are people still defending this guy.. No doubt Orlando's FO shares some blame in this whole ordeal, but people have to be riding Dwight's jock so hard when they attempt to deflect any blame off of him.

justinnum1
Let him sit.

Ezio
07-16-2012, 01:33 PM
Send him to the Bobcats.

Htownballa1622
Did Kobe or MJ conspire to leave their team and get together with 2 of the other top players at their positions to form a "Big 3"? No.

All of MJ's teammates were acquired in the draft or via trade and the only guy who really sacrificed was Ron Harper.

LeBron formed a Big 3 because he couldn't win on his own and he knew he coldn't do it in Cleveland. He was scared to take the same blame guys like Dirk, KG, Barkley, & now Dwight, Carmelo are doing because they couldn't win a Championship.

this is so dumb. smh

Dee_Edge
....put that baby to sleep.
....JUST RETIRE....then come back next year.
....tired of this BS.

Fresno
It would, however, be in the best intrest of Orlando to just trade him. Seriously, just ****ing do it already. Nobody will miss him......

That is entirely why he would & should sit out if they don't just trade him.

I mean he practically left Orlando and has been in LA for the last few months because he has burned every bridge with the Magic and city of Orlando.

He was scared to do it during the season, but now hes being a man about it.

justjames
He should be suspended by he NBA until he fulfills his contractual obligations. This isn't the NFL. He has a guaranteed contract.

justinnum1
07-16-2012, 01:34 PM

It's not Orlando's job to make Dwight happy.

TylerSL

:facepalm: Dwight hasnt won on his own either. You think maybe if Orlando had won 1 or 2 championships by now or was relevent he would to stay? Kobe didnt win on his own, Wade didnt, Jordan didnt. How's winning on your own thing working out for D-Will? How did that work out for Nash? If thats the reason you hate Lebron then you just need to grow up. Lebron fufilled his contract and made any noise that would bring negative attention to Cleveland. He waited til he was a Free Agent, not under contract before making decisions. Sure, he didnt do it great, buts its been 2 ****ing years. Time to grow up and stop being pissy about it......

Dwight, while being under contract, has demanded trades to only 1 team, got a coach fired, and in the past has pushed Orlando to make dumb trades, such as Vince Carter. And now, possibly refusing to play. And what Lebron did was worse? Talk about double standard........

zB_#85

according to him... yes

Atl Bill
the guy doesn't want to be there. the magic passed on plenty of good offers, but got greedy and wanted people to take back bad contracts for a one year rental. i dont think any gm in the nba wants to risk his job by trading for d12 and giving up a lot and sacrificing his teams future. at this point the magic don't have any upper hand in any deal. d12 can become a free agent next year n they get nothing and stuck with bad contracts. be smart and trade him for some value. this why penny left them, why t mac left them, why shaq left bc no1 wants to be a apart of that ******** organization. they should have traded him last year and got it over with. they knew he didnt want to be there, so why sign him unless u were planning on trading him. his value was last year at the deadline with the 1 year extension. i am sure teams offered great packages for him.

Hawkize31

:facepalm: No NBA player has ever won on their own. Teams win championships, players do not.

But its cool urmad at Lebron, thats real original.

JackB
07-16-2012, 01:35 PM
Good!!!! I hope he sits out . He's trash. the economy is in the dumper and this prick is unhappy. Poor baby. Another NBA thug!!!!!. He'll be broke like the rest of those losers five years after hes' out of basketball!!!
I don't feel sorry for any of them. Let him try to make a living like the rest of us.

Purugskid
07-16-2012, 01:35 PM
I remember back when he exercised his option that he would change his mind anyway so why do it?

Congrats Dwight, you have lost respect from everyone around

TylerSL
07-16-2012, 01:36 PM
Its illegal for him not to show up (at least I think, dont quote me). But if he stands there and does nothing whats the point of running him out there?

You are right, they do just need to trade him. But seriously, I cant believe that he thinks that its ok to do that.

JOhnnyTHaJet
I might be wrong but if Dwight sits out a whole season then he doesn't become a free agent and still has one year left on his contract after this year and is stuck in the same place. Dwight has only two choices honor the contract he signed or retire. If the organization chooses to trade him that is up to them

He opt'd in last year, hes a free agent next year.

AWC713

Do you have proof that lebron "conspired" to leave cleveland the way he did? no. the decision he made was hard, but ultimately the right one. the way he went about it was wrong, sure, but cleveland didnt do anything to help out lebron. acquire a past-his-prime shaq? same thing with jamison? best in season move was freaking wally szcerbiak. cmon. that falls on ownership.

also, what many people forget was that kobe was drafted by the HORNETS but forced a trade to the LAKERS. it was a draft day trade for vlade divac, but he refused to play for the hornets. people merely forget about that.

michael811
07-16-2012, 01:37 PM
He opt'd in last year, hes a free agent next year.

If a player chooses not to play a season for whatever reason that team still owns the rights to that player. Unless its due to injury. If a player retires in the middle of the contract and then comes back his contract picks up right where it left off

TylerSL
07-16-2012, 01:38 PM
That is entirely why he would & should sit out if they don't just trade him.

I mean he practically left Orlando and has been in LA for the last few months because he has burned every bridge with the Magic and city of Orlando.

He was scared to do it during the season, but now hes being a man about it.

that doenst make it ok to not fufill his contract.

Sandman

It wasn't that long ago -- just before Jerry West hooked them up with Pau Gasol -- that Kobe was *****ing and moaning and demanding a trade.

theLgndKllr35
I hope fans treat this guy with the utmost disrespect he deserves next year.

justjames
He's been in the league too long to be sent to the D League, right?

cubbies7177

sorry dude...

if one guy rapes women and another molests/murders children.. yeah sure, the molester/murder of children looks worse, but that doesnt make the raper of women any better....

they both handled FA/Trade situations TERRIBLY. LBJ already knew he was going to team up with 2 all stars in Miami. He had absolutely no reason to go through that whole presentation (which he set up himself). LBJ clearly thought he was the most important human in the world... im not saying his FA wasn't a big deal... it was, but man, some HUMAN BEINGS - yes we are all human - are just too damn cocky for my taste...

WITH THAT SAID, dwight needs to go back to college. this uneducated m****er doesn't have the slightest plan in his head... he does realize that he's continuing to devalue himself... it's literally one season dude. relax. play hard for whoever pays you, enter FA and go to whoever you want. He might be doing this because he realizes he can't sign in Brooklyn as a FA.

nate2usmc
07-16-2012, 01:39 PM
What a ****ing *****

:laugh2: agreed.

ThunderousDemon
07-16-2012, 01:40 PM
sorry dude...

if one guy rapes women and another molests/murders children.. yeah sure, the molester/murder of children looks worse, but that doesnt make the raper of women any better....

they both handled FA/Trade situations TERRIBLY. LBJ already knew he was going to team up with 2 all stars in Miami. He had absolutely no reason to go through that whole presentation (which he set up himself). LBJ clearly thought he was the most important human in the world... im not saying his FA wasn't a big deal... it was, but man, some HUMAN BEINGS - yes we are all human - are just too damn cocky for my taste...

WITH THAT SAID, dwight needs to go back to college. this uneducated m****er doesn't have the slightest plan in his head... he does realize that he's continuing to devalue himself... it's literally one season dude. relax. play hard for whoever pays you, enter FA and go to whoever you want. He might be doing this because he realizes he can't sign in Brooklyn as a FA.

Worst post of the day. :puke:

zB_#85
If a player chooses not to play a season for whatever reason that team still owns the rights to that player. Unless its due to injury. If a player retires in the middle of the contract and then comes back his contract picks up right where it left off

what's stopping him from fabricating his back as a reason? as big of a douche as he is, I don't put that past him.

Cfrey
is fresno a dwight d rider?

LongIslandIcedZ
07-16-2012, 01:41 PM
This is on Dwight. If he hadnt opted in, he would be getting ready to be the man in Brooklyn. But for some odd reason, he opted in. If the reason he opted in was to not play half a year in LA or Houston then he is an idiot. And now Orlando cant get much value from anyone. Houston's deal looks good, but I doubt it is really on the table or Orlando would have done it already. Lopez and seemingly Humphries getting lucrative long term deals makes Brooklyn's trade worse, unless Lopez plays phenomenal.

Sit him down, he's acting like a spoiled kid.

Slimsim
The ********** has alot of nerves

TylerSL
sorry dude...

You are comparing, what both Lebron/Dwight are doing to muder and rape.....

JLynn943
07-16-2012, 01:42 PM
I'd love if Orlando follows through and lets his become a FA so he can't sign wherever he wants to go due to cap space.

Fresno
07-16-2012, 01:44 PM
Dwight never should have opted in. He is under contract now for this next season whether he likes it or not. Orlando doesn't have to do anything. They are in charge. If they can't get a good deal for him, then let him walk and try to find a team that has the cap space to pay him.

If I'm Orlando, I don't care what he does. Let them tank and get a high pick for next year and waste a year of Dwight's career. Then when he walks, at least they've theoretically got something better than some late round picks and an overpaid second-rate center. Give Ayon a bunch of playing time, and if he doesn't pan out, make a play for Bynum.
Orlando isn't in charge at this point because Dwight holds every bit of leverage in this situation. You actually believe that Orlando should let Dwight walk and find a team to pay him as a Free Agent? Im sorry, but teams would be trading guys left and right to get the cap space to sign a Top 3 player in the NBA and the best big man by far in the game at 26 years old.

If Orlando lets Dwight sit out and leave:

- They don't get any cap space to replace him with another star player because without Dwight on their books they would have less than $10 Million to make a move.

- They still have all of the bad contracts that they have been trying to trade with him such as Jameer, Hedo, J-Rich, Big Baby, Duhon, etc.

- Orlando is not guaranteed a #1 pick next year and could easily end up with the #4 or #5 pick, I say this because even without Dwight that Orlando is still better than Charlotte.

Dwight knows this too. Thats why I said he has the leverage unlike any other player ever in the NBA in this situation except for LeBron in 2010.

The Best Around
I don't believe any report with the word "source" in it

NBAfan4life
This is on Dwight. If he hadnt opted in, he would be getting ready to be the man in Brooklyn. But for some odd reason, he opted in. If the reason he opted in was to not play half a year in LA or Houston then he is an idiot. And now Orlando cant get much value from anyone. Houston's deal looks good, but I doubt it is really on the table or Orlando would have done it already. Lopez and seemingly Humphries getting lucrative long term deals makes Brooklyn's trade worse, unless Lopez plays phenomenal.

Back injury. He knew it would be flagged in the trade

jrm2054
Wait till December 15th ;) to trade him magic

Purugskid
07-16-2012, 01:46 PM
Just trade him to Houston and put him in his misery.

Or even trade him to the Shanghai Sharks for whatever I care. He's turned into the biggest diva ever and deserves to be treated with the utmost disrespect.

You are an NBA player, just play the game and let management do its thing. You are a failure to yourself, Dwight.

waveycrockett
Wait till December 15th ;) to trade him magic

It's Jan.15 brozay. We will have him after Jan 15th :clap:

smith&wesson
this guy has straight up lost his mind.

SlimKid
07-16-2012, 01:47 PM
sorry dude...

Wow, you are really using rape/murder/molestation as an analogy of Dwight's & LBJ's situations?? I never say this, but epic fail:faint:

EasternStar
Never Ending Storrrrryyyyyyyyyy! :violin::laugh:

Fresno
I'd love if Orlando follows through and lets his become a FA so he can't sign wherever he wants to go due to cap space.

Do you honestly believe a Top 3 player in the NBA wont get any deal he wants? :facepalm:

It doesn't matter if big market teams don't have cap space now, they will be trading players left and right to get the money together to pay Dwight no differently than 3-4 teams did to position themselves for LeBron.

EasternStar
07-16-2012, 01:48 PM
He's pulling a Tim Thomas for a WHOLE different reason.

Verbal Christ
07-16-2012, 01:48 PM
Soon as the fines,penalties and breach of contract lawsuits start coming in he'll get his **** together.

Good part is he'll be a rocket before then and morey will mind**** and vulcan death pinch the big baby into submission.

Joker55
07-16-2012, 01:49 PM
^ I agree, don't understand that analogy at all. Very poor.

DRose01
How in the world does Adidas still want to throw money at this guy as their endorser, this guys image is tarnished regardless what happens now and he'll only be known as a cry baby. D Rose is Adidas main guy anyway nothing Dwight can do about that.

Joker55
61 members and 300 guests. Yikes.

Showtime Steve
07-16-2012, 01:50 PM
If he wants to be this tough guy, just come out and say what you want yourself. Stop uing "sources close to the situation".

Fresno
07-16-2012, 01:51 PM

Dwight opted in no differently than Chris Paul opted in when he was traded.

That is because he will get more money as a Free Agent after completing his contract than he would if he opted out 1 year early.

While Deron Williams opted out and got a MAX of $98.5 Million, Chris Paul and Dwight Howard will finish their contracts and get $110-$115 Million MAX contracts.

colinskik
07-16-2012, 01:51 PM
Still can't understand for the life of me why he opted in last year. I guess he didn't want to look like a villain/deserter so he last minute decided to stay in the hopes he would get traded?

Regardless, the Magic FO has been well aware of what Dwight wants and doesn't want, so at this point you can only blame them for not trading him when there have been so many opportunities.

Dwight > LBJ in terms of their handling their respective situations.

JordansBulls
07-16-2012, 01:52 PM
What a ****ing *****

This.

Muttman73
07-16-2012, 01:53 PM
Good, let him sit

ThunderousDemon
07-16-2012, 01:53 PM

:crazy:

Lakers + Giants
07-16-2012, 01:54 PM

:laugh:

Sixersfan69
07-16-2012, 01:55 PM

He most likely opted in so he would get traded and sign an extension so he could get more years and more money.

Losoway
07-16-2012, 01:57 PM
he should have never opted in . he did this to himself dumbass

TheNumber37
07-16-2012, 01:57 PM
If he feels this way, then you definitely let him sit. The one he thing he wants to do is play. So don't let him until the last possible moment. Don't let him come to practice and keep him away from the team.
Then trade him After All Star Break where teams would still go all out to make a run with Dwight.

J_M_B
07-16-2012, 01:59 PM

Are you kidding me?

Has Dwight not been trying to force himself onto a team with another establish star?

Dwight hasn't embarassed the city of Orlando and the organization as a whole with the way he's handling himself?

Now he's willing to sit out the entire season .. LeBron didn't talk about his free agent status while he was under contract and he had every right to leave.

JLynn943
07-16-2012, 02:00 PM
Do you honestly believe a Top 3 player in the NBA wont get any deal he wants? :facepalm:

It doesn't matter if big market teams don't have cap space now, they will be trading players left and right to get the money together to pay Dwight no differently than 3-4 teams did to position themselves for LeBron.

Then let them try. Orlando doesn't have to do anything, and I don't know why you think they do. Without Dwight, they will be horrible and will end up with a top 5 pick. That's better than anything they can get in return for Dwight when he refuses to sign an extension anywhere but Brooklyn. The only way they should trade him is if some team is willing to pay up for a one-year rental like Houston seems to be willing to do. Otherwise, a top 5 pick is the best thing they can get.

justinnum1
07-16-2012, 02:02 PM
sorry dude...

LongIslandIcedZ
07-16-2012, 02:02 PM
Dwight opted in no differently than Chris Paul opted in when he was traded.

That is because he will get more money as a Free Agent after completing his contract than he would if he opted out 1 year early.

While Deron Williams opted out and got a MAX of $98.5 Million, Chris Paul and Dwight Howard will finish their contracts and get $110-$115 Million MAX contracts.

Well then its Dwight's fault. He'd be making less money but he would be a Net right now like he's wanted. Since, Brooklyn has moved on for now. It's time for Dwight to expand his options. If he is only willing to go to one place than he's screwed. He ****ed up opting in, and now he has to live with it.

ThePooH_1_
07-16-2012, 02:05 PM
please just retire dwight for god sake :facepalm:

justinnum1
07-16-2012, 02:05 PM
Still can't understand for the life of me why he opted in last year. I guess he didn't want to look like a villain/deserter so he last minute decided to stay in the hopes he would get traded?

Regardless, the Magic FO has been well aware of what Dwight wants and doesn't want, so at this point you can only blame them for not trading him when there have been so many opportunities.

Dwight > LBJ in terms of their handling their respective situations.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

LongIslandIcedZ
07-16-2012, 02:08 PM
What did Dwight is 100 times worse than what Lebron did, and what Lebron did was pretty bad lol.

Lebron got a big head, and announced his intetnions in a stupid way.

Dwight is being a baby.

WillisLovechild
**** Dwight. He opted in, he chose to stay, he is a brat. You can't say I want to be traded to one place and one place only and expect everything you want.

I wish cancer upon you Dwight.

limebalz05
Disagree.

Then don't sign a multi yr contract. DH agreed to those years on contract. It's not Orlando problem

Fresno
Then let them try. Orlando doesn't have to do anything, and I don't know why you think they do. Without Dwight, they will be horrible and will end up with a top 5 pick. That's better than anything they can get in return for Dwight when he refuses to sign an extension anywhere but Brooklyn. The only way they should trade him is if some team is willing to pay up for a one-year rental like Houston seems to be willing to do. Otherwise, a top 5 pick is the best thing they can get.

I disagree about them being as horrible as you think.

Orlando is good enough without Dwight to win 30 games next season.

While guys like Jameer, Hedo, J-Rich, Redick, etc were viewed as nothing more than spot shooters in SVG's offense and being paid too much to do that. They are still far more proven and good enough on their own to be productive next season to keep Orlando from being as horrible as Charlotte, Cleveland, Washington or New Orleans even was last season.

Orlando's supporting cast to Dwight >>>>>> Cleveland's supporting cast to LeBron

If Dwight leaves for nothing and Orlando can't effectively rebuild then they are screwed big time.

Cfrey
07-16-2012, 02:09 PM
is cubbies7177 serious?? LOL

and are you people actually saying lebron and dwight are equal with how they handled their situations?

lebron didn't demand a trade.. he didn't threaten to sit out.. some of you are still so BUTT hurt about him getting a ring that you will say anything to bash the dude. grow the **** up people

WillisLovechild
07-16-2012, 02:10 PM
They should also just take the deal from Houston and let him be someone else's problem.

pacofunk64
07-16-2012, 02:11 PM
My douche bag meter is about to break and I never thought that would happen. I mean ****...it goes to a 100, lol.

jrm2054
Isn't he going miss the first 3 months anyway because his back so he can just say recovery is taking longer then expected.

justinnum1
is cubbies7177 serious?? LOL

and are you people actually saying lebron and dwight are equal with how they handled their situations?

lebron didn't demand a trade.. he didn't threaten to sit out.. some of you are still so BUTT hurt about him getting a ring that you will say anything to bash the dude. grow the **** up people

Exactly.

Also, how can anyone defend dwight?

Joker55
LBJ didn't handle his situation the best way, but this is old news.

Still much, much better than how D12 is going about his business.

Joker55
07-16-2012, 02:12 PM
Exactly.

Also, how can anyone defend dwight?

Only Magic/D12 fans really seem like they are.

effen5
07-16-2012, 02:16 PM
Dwights not only the biggest ***** in basketball but officially the dumbest.

Why OPT IN YOU DUMBASS?!

JLynn943
07-16-2012, 02:17 PM
I disagree about them being as horrible as you think.

Orlando is good enough without Dwight to win 30 games next season.

While guys like Jameer, Hedo, J-Rich, Redick, etc were viewed as nothing more than spot shooters in SVG's offense and being paid too much to do that. They are still far more proven and good enough on their own to be productive next season to keep Orlando from being as horrible as Charlotte, Cleveland, Washington or New Orleans even was last season.

Orlando's supporting cast to Dwight >>>>>> Cleveland's supporting cast to LeBron

If Dwight leaves for nothing and Orlando can't effectively rebuild then they are screwed big time.

I don't know, I think that team is pretty bad. While I do think SVG severely limited them, there is really no standout player on that team. Unless their new coach institutes an intelligent offense tailored to them, I think they have one of the worst offenses in the league. J-Rich is probably their most capable all-around offensive player, and he had most of his success in very fast-paced offenses. I don't think Jameer Nelson can handle running an offense like that, and I know for sure Hedo can't after his failed stint in Phoenix. You keep that offense slow and methodical, and I think it gets stagnant just like it always has, but now without the defense and paint scoring of Dwight to bail it out.

Cfrey
07-16-2012, 02:18 PM
This thread is actually the perfect example of how LeBron is the most hated player in all of sports EVER. The amount of backlash towards LeBron if he pulled some of these stunts that Dwight has pulled would actually almost be unsafe.

**** he waited to go into FA and then made a bad decision with how he announced where he was going to play but it was simply a lapse of judgement. He wasn't thinking about doing it on TV. He was thinking about raising money for CHILDREN for gods sake.

Dwight is the biggest douche in the NBA and the fact that he made fun of LeBron for how he handled his thing is absolutely comical.

JiffyMix88
07-16-2012, 02:18 PM
hopefully he does it and when he comes back he blows his acl so the magic will get the last laugh..

twin4life
07-16-2012, 02:19 PM
Dwight Howard where unprofessional happens!!

NoahH
07-16-2012, 02:20 PM

What a douche

bringinwood
I think most people are missing the biggest point.... dwight would not be acting this way if he had an expectation of being on this team this year... he opted in with the idea that he would be getting traded this offseason.... now the magic are hesitating to trade him after he did them the biggest favor of the last 20 years... he very well could have opted out, but he didn't to allows the magic to trade him and get some assets for him... he has every right to be upset... he did them a favor and now they're turning around and doing this to him all the while destroying his reputation and credibility in the NBA... I hope he holds out

knicksfan42
If he sits the NBA should suspend him for a season.

TheWhiteMamba
07-16-2012, 02:21 PM
Remember when Dwight opted in because he didnt want the fans to hate him? LOL..

Hawkeye15
07-16-2012, 02:22 PM
haha, imagine if Bron would have done this, the outcry in the national media and amongst fans. He would be killed by some nutball fan probably.

Hawkeye15
if this is true, Dwight officially joins Deron as players I really liked but now despise.

Joker55
If he sits the NBA should suspend him for a season.

Can't afford to. Even if he is a jerk he's a media goldmine.

justinnum1
07-16-2012, 02:23 PM
Sad part is this douche will probably get what he wants.:pity:

If the magic front office had any balls they would bench him till the trade deadline

waveycrockett
:laugh:

Dwight is willing to sit out an entire season because he wants to be trade to Brooklyn.

unleashthebeast
If this happens then I hope that people in the NBA talk amongst themselves and agree that no one is to sign Dwight once he is a FA. *******s like this shouldn't be aloud in a prestigious league such as the NBA.

rapjuicer06
Is Dwight ********? If he sits out the entire year with out injury or against Orlando's wishes, that year on his contract is voided and he has to stay in Orlando. What a schmuck. Let the douche bag sit out the rest of his career. I hope this guys back is so screwed up, he gets fouled hard once and his career is done. What a piece of ****

Avenged
07-16-2012, 02:24 PM
Sit out?? As in remain a Magic but not play the entire season?? I'm not buying this at all..

ink
07-16-2012, 02:25 PM

That's this week's decision at least. lol. Pity the team that gets him in the end. He brings a ton of baggage.

fresh prince
07-16-2012, 02:25 PM
At this point does anyone even want him on their team??

The bad Karma this cat brings along with him would deserve a private plane.

The SVG interview was the start of his downward spiral...

LongIslandIcedZ
07-16-2012, 02:26 PM
Brooklyn is pretty much a pipe dream for Dwight at this point. It's time to grow up and be willing to play somewhere else.

mekedubs
Isn't this the same guy that "supposedly" got Stan Van Gundy fired? Also pretty much Otis Smith fired? Constantly demands trades and says he only wants to go to one team? Didn't Orlando build a new arena with the notion of keeping him in Orlando?

This guy WORKS on getting people fired, WORKS on where he wants to be traded, then WORKS on the idea of sitting out an entire season when he should be WORKING ON HIS FREE-THROWS AND POST MOVES....:facepalm:

This dude has become the NBA version of "Desperate Housewives"....

FraziersKnicks
This guy is the biggest ****ing douche in the NBA

MagicBucsSox
07-16-2012, 02:27 PM
It's just a speciation so you people can do exactly what your doing. I refuse to believe he's said such nonsense

roshan3ai
07-16-2012, 02:29 PM
:laugh: Dwight's becoming a bigger and bigger joke every day

justinnum1
07-16-2012, 02:32 PM
It's just a speciation so you people can do exactly what your doing. I refuse to believe he's said such nonsense

Good point, it's not like he has done anything over the last 2 years to make us think he is a gigantic douche bag. :rolleyes:

After that interview with SVG when dwight walked in and lied right to the media is when I knew he was the biggest dbag in the NBA

goalie
07-16-2012, 02:32 PM
Fans want a deal to happen because they are bored, media doesn't want a deal because everytime they mention Howard on twitter or their website they get a million hits.

Orlando on the other hand is in no rush. The time to trade him was at the deadline last year. But ORL held out hope that they could make a run and change his mind.

Lets not overlook the fact that they were a high seed before Howard quit on them. He got his addidas playoff bonus check and checked out.

ORL has no reason to trade him right now. None. Not one single deal is any better than what they get in a sign and trade, and he will definitely be a sign and trade so he can milk every last dollar out of his free agency.

Their best deal is Bynum, who won't re-sign in ORL either. If they can't get a good deal for Howard, why would they take Bynum and hope to find a better deal?

I don't blame them for not taking any of the crap being offered in deals. If they can't unload some of the bad contracts they were forced to sign to keep that big baby happy then they shouldn't send him anywhere.

People act like they didn't do enough to help him. They were in the Finals! They've been a top seed for years now. "Not being surrounded with enough" is the new battle cry for the cowards that want to jump ship. They want to blame the teams to escape the bad press.

If you don't get a deal you like, let him sit out. But don't be dumb enough to believe he would sit out because we all know he is a puppet for his handlers and they are all looking for more dollars so they trickle down to their greedy little hands.

MagicBucsSox
07-16-2012, 02:34 PM
Good point, it's not like he has done anything over the last 2 years to make us think he is a gigantic douche bag. :rolleyes:

After that interview with SVG when dwight walked in and lied right to the media is when I knew he was the biggest dbag in the NBA

The way he's handed his business aspect is lame but no magic fan,no nba fan can question that guys hard work and heart he play with. Ppl are just feeding into the Bs. I'm sure he's never said this or implied it

Yankeefan213
07-16-2012, 02:35 PM

Dwight's is a million times worse. You can't even compare the 2.

bucketss
i don't blame him after they lied and black mailed him to not opt out ;)

Joker55
I've hated on LBJ for his actions at times, but man oh man is Dwight worse.

bucketss
07-16-2012, 02:37 PM
If this happens then I hope that people in the NBA talk amongst themselves and agree that no one is to sign Dwight once he is a FA. *******s like this shouldn't be aloud in a prestigious league such as the NBA.

so you're gonna act like lebron didn't hold his team hostage than announce his decision on a 1 hour special on espn? whos a bigger ***** lets be honest

Public Enemy #1
07-16-2012, 02:38 PM
Dwight Howard has to be the most hated NBA player right now. He has handled this whole situation so poorly and immaturely.

justinnum1
07-16-2012, 02:39 PM
The way he's handed his business aspect is lame but no magic fan,no nba fan can question that guys hard work and heart he play with. Ppl are just feeding into the Bs. I'm sure he's never said this or implied it

What makes you so sure?

Do you forget this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y08gvGpGCwA

JayHunter
07-16-2012, 02:39 PM
they should pull his cards

JLynn943
07-16-2012, 02:41 PM
so you're gonna act like lebron didn't hold his team hostage than announce his decision on a 1 hour special on espn? whos a bigger ***** lets be honest

Dwight by far. LeBron left in FA and didn't make demands left and right. Peopled acted as though LEBron had to stay in Cleveland, but there was no reason for him to do so.

pebloemer
07-16-2012, 02:43 PM
I actually think Orlando should let him sit out the season and walk at season's end. The Brooklyn deal was horrible value and they are going have to have a long rebuild which they'll need many high draft picks for.

Only other sensible option IMO is to take a good deal from Houston.

Dwight seems to have the illusion of leverage at this point. Orlando knows they are screwed already. And Dwight will need Orlando if he ever wants to end up in a Nets uniform. Unless of course he is willing to sign for the mini-MLE next year.

But sacrificing 20 million by refusing to play will have financial realities setting in pretty quickly for Dwight.

Is he willing to sacrifice 20 million this year and X amount of dollars next year to sign in Brooklyn?

Chill_Will_24
07-16-2012, 02:43 PM
I think this is him telling the Magic that he still wants the Nets and is willing to wait. This is good for the Magic actually. they can freely tank without rushing into a deal

MagicBucsSox
07-16-2012, 02:46 PM
What makes you so sure?

Do you forget this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y08gvGpGCwA

Wtf does that gotta do with anything? Stop being a sponge to random gossip like a high school girl. It's no way a guy would even admit something like this yet along do it.

Raider Fanatic
07-16-2012, 02:47 PM
Dwight Howard is a duche bag piece of sh#t. I am tired of hereing about this dude.

C-Wick925
More dwight yay

Joker55
Well without Dwight, they'll certainly tank.

nitric
Biggest clown in the NBA. I hope he never wins anything in his basketball career.

Cfrey
07-16-2012, 02:50 PM

I can question his heart all I want. He is threatening to opt out, thus letting all of his teammates down for a whole year. He has no heart if he doesn't want to play the game of basketball.

justinnum1
07-16-2012, 02:50 PM
Wtf does that gotta do with anything? Stop being a sponge to random gossip like a high school girl. It's no way a guy would even admit something like this yet along do it.

You are in pure denial.

Anon
07-16-2012, 02:53 PM
Do we think this is the same source everytime. Or different sources. Or does Dwight have a friend named A. Source.

bucketss
07-16-2012, 02:53 PM
I can question his heart all I want. He is threatening to opt out, thus letting all of his teammates down for a whole year. He has no heart if he doesn't want to play the game of basketball.

would you play for the team that lies and black mails you to not opt of your contract?

Chill_Will_24
07-16-2012, 02:55 PM
Do we think this is the same source everytime. Or different sources. Or does Dwight have a friend named A. Source.

Probably his agent. Ppl forget that Fegan stands to make a lot of money if Howard ends up in LA or BKN

trini_knickfan
07-16-2012, 02:57 PM
what a f'ing baby!

_Supreme_
07-16-2012, 02:57 PM
If this is true it shows that he has no true love for the game, which I consider to be a serious red flag. Mentality is what separates the true champions from the pretenders, however talented they might be.

It really is a shame because this guy used to be one of my favourite non-HEAT players, but no heart equals no more reason to root for someone in my world.

gotoHcarolina52
07-16-2012, 02:59 PM
:pity:

LOOTERX9
07-16-2012, 03:00 PM
I blame the ORLANDO TRAGIC in this situation. they are obsessed and trying to hold howard hostage. Common sense would tell them to just trade the guy. they had a couple of deals they could have made already. hell just take the houston deal if you dont wanna trade him to brooklyn. what are they thinking out there. smh

Sinestro
07-16-2012, 03:01 PM
Wow....just wow.....

Joker55
07-16-2012, 03:02 PM
I'm sure Orlando is thinking: "Sure, we'll trade a superstar for garbage just to get him out of town!"

:rolleyes:

TheWhiteMamba
07-16-2012, 03:03 PM
I blame the ORLANDO TRAGIC in this situation. they are obsessed and trying to hold howard hostage. Common sense would tell them to just trade the guy. they had a couple of deals they could have made already. hell just take the houston deal if you dont wanna trade him to brooklyn. what are they thinking out there. smh

So you are saying the Magic held a gun to Dwight's head and forced him to opt in?

Vinylman
Everyone is being trolled so hard it is hilarious...

The Orlando FO are amateurs who are pulling the wool over an old decrepit owner by giving him home they can keep D12...

Just glad i am a laker fan... We might not always get the best deal unloading disgruntled players (shaq / odom) but we definitely know how to move on from a situation that can only get worse...

I feel bad for Orlando fans because of their FO's inability to move on...

As for D12 sitting out... who cares.... he might but it will only happen as "rehabbing from injury."

Anon
This is all meaningless anyway. Howard will be traded before the season starts. Everything else is just more soap opera.

LOOTERX9
07-16-2012, 03:12 PM
So you are saying the Magic held a gun to Dwight's head and forced him to opt in?

no but they guilted him into staying. the dumb ***** magic had to know they would be in the same situation a year later cause he only opted in for 1 more season. not like he signed a long term deal. Why are the magic not trading him:confused: it makes zero sense at all. they are bringing this drama on themselves. just trade the guy already, then they wont have to deal with an unhappy howard

_Supreme_
07-16-2012, 03:13 PM

I couldn't disagree more.

Players should be able never dictate teams what to do. They signed a contract, and they should honour that contract until it is up.

Teams should never give in to diva behaviour, but almost always have the dilemma of keeping their back straight or not because the choice is either to get at least something in return or nothing at all.

Imo the NBA should take a good and long look at the trade/sign & trade rules that currently are in place. Way too many shenanigans involving sign&trading garbage for significant players and TPE bs happening, and it is making the League look like a damn joke. Competitive balance will never ever be achieved if these current rules stay. Then again the NBA might not give a rat's arse about competitive balance as long as enough $$$ have been made at the end of the year.

Joker55
07-16-2012, 03:16 PM

Players should be able never dictate teams what to do. They signed a contract, and they should honour that contract until it is up.

Teams should never give in to diva behaviour, but almost always have the dilemma of keeping their back straight or not because the choice is either to get at least something in return or nothing at all.

Imo the NBA should take a good and long look at the trade/sign & trade rules that currently are in place. Way too many shenanigans involving sign&trading garbage for significant players and TPE bs happening, and it is making the League look like a damn joke. Competitive balance will never ever be achieved if these current rules stay. Then again the NBA might not give a rat's arse about competitive balance as long as enough $$$ have been made at the end of the year.

This.

raiderposting
07-16-2012, 03:19 PM
Players do this all the time in the NFL ppl need to stfu. Magic had multiple times to trade him for good value

P Styles
07-16-2012, 03:21 PM
Anyone think maybe this isnt true? "A source" doesnt seem all that reliable nowadays.

Almost every story leaked has "A source", usually unnamed -- and they all tend to contradict one another.

I prefer direct quotes

Dade County
07-16-2012, 03:22 PM

He can use his back injury as an excuse.

Raph12
07-16-2012, 03:22 PM
I doubt this is true, he's just trying to get some attention because he's a nobody... With that being said, Dwight has handled everything like crap and the Magic are acting like a jealous ex-bf, just trade his *** already.

whitvalid
07-16-2012, 03:24 PM

Competitive balance is not in the league's best financial interest, quite the opposite.

29$JerZ
Dwight can't possibly be that stupid. It's either just pure lies or his back injury is a lot worse than we've heard.

You accepted your ETO which means you are Orlando Magic property for 1 more year.
Melo/LeBron/Paul at least had the decency to play out their contract or at the very least play until they were dealt and not strangle hold their team.

ink

OK fine then it's a tie. lol.

ink
07-16-2012, 03:25 PM
Competitive balance is not in the league's best financial interest, quite the opposite.

You say that as if it's true.

jmoney85
07-16-2012, 03:25 PM
people believe anything from twitter lol

ink
07-16-2012, 03:27 PM

Human rights abuse. lol. Forcing him to take $20M. How are the Magic not prosecuted for such crimes against humanity?

Kefman2110
07-16-2012, 03:28 PM
Damn Howard is such a little girl. Such a POS

NYSPORTSALLDAY
07-16-2012, 03:28 PM
D12 is a D BAG!

Burgo
07-16-2012, 03:30 PM
This is such a shame. Really used to love this guy. Now he's just the next example of a star player who is willing to sit on his arse at home with his loaded paycheck and laugh in the faces of the fans that worshipped him all these years.

Complete disrespect. He chose to opt-in on his contract extension and now is throwing a hissy-fit because he can't have things 'his' way.

Not sure about anyone else but if I was running a franchise I would not be putting my ball club in the hands of a guy who chooses to sit out when he's not getting what he wants.

I think he needs to hose down his ego before it's too late. Seriously pathetic.

SINCESTARBURY25
07-16-2012, 03:31 PM
Go dwight! Stephon Marbury 2.0!!!

justinnum1
07-16-2012, 03:32 PM
people believe anything from twitter lol

why would anyone give dwight the benefit of the doubt?

bucketss
07-16-2012, 03:33 PM
OK fine then it's a tie. lol.

i give the slight edge to Lebron since the cavs organization was respectful and he still embarrassed them.

nbrod
07-16-2012, 03:35 PM
I hope he sits and then orlando doesn't give him a sign and trade so he has to go to a bad team or take little money to go to a good one

SINCESTARBURY25
Dwight to the heat for udonis haslem? I heard some random guy say that on twitter. Its credible right?? I mean it is Twitter. The number one sports source.

KnicksR4Real
bahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahhahahahahahhahah ahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahha hahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahah ahhahahahahahhahahhahahahhah

pebloemer
07-16-2012, 03:37 PM
This is such a shame. Really used to love this guy. Now he's just the next example of a star player who is willing to sit on his arse at home with his loaded paycheck and laugh in the faces of the fans that worshipped him all these years.

Complete disrespect. He chose to opt-in on his contract extension and now is throwing a hissy-fit because he can't have things 'his' way.

Not sure about anyone else but if I was running a franchise I would not be putting my ball club in the hands of a guy who chooses to sit out when he's not getting what he wants.

I think he needs to hose down his ego before it's too late. Seriously pathetic.

If he sits at home and refuses to play for the Magic he isn't getting his paycheck.

SINCESTARBURY25
07-16-2012, 03:39 PM
There should be a team for guys like this
the big three consisting of
Marbury, Lebron, Dwight

J4KOP99
07-16-2012, 03:40 PM
And letrell spreeeeewell

IronMan21
07-16-2012, 03:41 PM
he's just getting more and more pathetic. NBA-Where Drama Happens Everday

justinnum1
Dwight to the heat for udonis haslem? I heard some random guy say that on twitter. Its credible right?? I mean it is Twitter. The number one sports source.

Its dwight for joel anthony.

JNoel
Dwight is a baby puss ****, I hope the league suspends him for two years for being a bich

Joker55
07-16-2012, 03:45 PM
Little much, no?

Weezy
07-16-2012, 03:46 PM
What an embarrassment.

Burgo
07-16-2012, 03:49 PM
If he sits at home and refuses to play for the Magic he isn't getting his paycheck.

Yeah, my bad... not sure why I wrote that. Guess I just got fired up and inspiration took over :)

Still sure he'd collect a bit of coin from his endorsements though.

SINCESTARBURY25
07-16-2012, 03:49 PM

Its dwight for joel anthony.

Dwight for 50 bucks and a coney island hot dog seems fair

Nycbball08
07-16-2012, 03:50 PM

And you would too had he not gone to the Heat...:facepalm:

SINCESTARBURY25
07-16-2012, 03:50 PM
I wonder how Adidas feels about all of this right now

RaiderLakersA's
07-16-2012, 03:54 PM
I'm so lost.

Why did he waive the early termination option in his contract???? Why, why, why???? Had he opted out, we could have all been spared the headache.

EasternStar
07-16-2012, 03:55 PM
Guarantee this last from 12/15-January.

JNoel
07-16-2012, 03:56 PM
If Houston plays their cards right, they will trade for Dwight, wait till free agency, do a sign and trade with LA for Pau and Bynum, these are Houston's plans imo

bucketss
07-16-2012, 03:58 PM
There should be a team for guys like this
the big three consisting of
Marbury, Lebron, Dwight

you forgot carmelo.

EasternStar
07-16-2012, 04:01 PM
If Houston plays their cards right, they will trade for Dwight, wait till free agency, do a sign and trade with LA for Pau and Bynum, these are Houston's plans imo

If Houston gets Dwight and trades him later by Dwight demands, the Rockets have to trade Dwight to Brooklyn if this last in the trade deadline. Lakers won't give up Bynum (even with Pau in the deal), plus Bynum won't sign in Orlando. So I highly doubt a Lakers deal happens. Also, the Nets can make a new deal with Lopez, Brooks, 1st round picks in it (more pieces could be involved if it happens).

ee
07-16-2012, 04:02 PM

LeBron formed a Big 3 because he couldn't win on his own and he knew he coldn't do it in Cleveland. He was scared to take the same blame guys like Dirk, KG, Barkley, & now Dwight, Carmelo are doing because they couldn't win a Championship.Its the big 3 era.... Mj years were different.... If u only have two stars, you'll be fighting just to get to the 2nd round.....

dtmagnet
07-16-2012, 04:02 PM
Orlando should get their money back from him if he does this.

EasternStar
07-16-2012, 04:03 PM
Like Steve Miller Band for Dwight: "Take the money and Run".:cool:

YungDaSensai
07-16-2012, 04:11 PM

You know whats funny, I think that was Houston plan all along.... hope he stays or rape somebody else in a trade. That GM is a slick SOB

elizur
07-16-2012, 04:15 PM

It is Howards fault. He could be a free-agent right now.

ThornMo
07-16-2012, 04:25 PM
he's throwing away his chances of being one of the best big men to play in the NBA. if he sits out the year he'll be sending a horrible message to his fans and to the league. while he's under contract he should be expected to honor it. if he was a free agent and the team he wanted to play for didn't sign him it wouldn't be as big of a deal if he decided to sit out. but he's obliged to play for the magic and he needs to realize that his fate is in their hands and not the other way around.

if i were the magic i'd do what andy reid did to T.O. and make him ineligible to play. they should in know way let it be perceived that howard has the upper hand. if he doesn't want to play in orlando then just bench him

Puck017
07-16-2012, 04:25 PM
If I'm the Magic and I can't trade him before the season. I'd let him sit if I can get him suspended for it.

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q103

The league or a player's team can levy a fine and/or suspension for breaking league or team rules1, respectively. Generally the league and the team do not both discipline a player for the same violation, with a league penalty superseding any team penalty. However, there are a few exceptions where a player can be disciplined by both the league and his team -- when the egregious nature of the act or conduct is so lacking in justification as to warrant a double penalty. The CBA does not give a complete list of reasons for which a player can be fined or suspended, although some are specified:

-Intentional failure or refusal to render the services required under the player's contract or the CBA: Suspension (length unspecified).

-Player not in good physical or mental condition, and unfit to play skilled basketball2: Suspension until ready to play.

If they can't suspend him and trade him before the trade deadline they may not have to pay him anything, if they can't trade him he'll make only $3.5M (if suspended the full preseason and regular season and less if the magic go to the playoffs). But unfortunately for the magic he has leverage to get away with not playing, since he's injured. So this is probably just a calculated ploy in order to get the Magic to lower their asking price for Howard

nicegoing
07-16-2012, 04:30 PM

bleedprple&gold
07-16-2012, 04:30 PM

If he's going to sit out anyway they can just suspend him without pay for the entire season if it comes to that.

Jarvo
07-16-2012, 04:34 PM
:laugh: What a *******.

Puck017
07-16-2012, 04:44 PM
I'd bet Howard hasn't even loot the Magic FO in they eye and tell them he wanted to leave until after everything became public through social media. I'd also bet that the "blackmail" that he talks about is closer to the obligation that some people feel to a nice salesman that has been really helpful. Maybe Howard watches too much comedy central and wanted to get in on Indecision 2012.

IIISSKiLL
07-16-2012, 04:46 PM
Disagree.

Orlando's fault for not finding a good enough trade for their ALL STAR CENTER ? Yeah let Howard make his millions on the bench this season.. NOT !! Trade him to the Rockets and get rid of all those AWFUL contracts you have and start fresh ! Grow some balls Orlando !!

BKLYNpigeon
07-16-2012, 04:51 PM
you guys need to stop believing everything you read.

SINCESTARBURY25
07-16-2012, 04:54 PM
you forgot carmelo.

We gave half of our starters for Carmelo so he doesn't belong on the list. It was a very fair trade.

mark1125
07-16-2012, 04:57 PM
IF THIS IS TRUE, Is it safe to assume that Dwight has officailly out-douched Lebron from 2 years ago?

F' Dwight Howard. Let his *** sit.

Alayla
07-16-2012, 04:58 PM
did anyone really NOt see this comming however unprofessional it is

nickdymez
07-16-2012, 04:58 PM
lol@ everyone being mad at Dwight. No one here thinks that Orlando should get more blame? Just trade the guy. Who cares where, just trade him.

The Motto
07-16-2012, 05:02 PM
Little ****ing baby, all respect lost

blystr2002
07-16-2012, 05:04 PM
Yea they could trade him but he is under contract, which he signed. It is not their fault he is soo immature and a douche. They have the rights to him. If they just trade him then any player on a losing team can just demand a trade. He signed the contract he needs to shut up and play. He can get out next yr.

phantasyyy
07-16-2012, 05:10 PM
lmao anybody on dwights side is af ool

JNoel
07-16-2012, 05:15 PM
Why is it the Magics fault? Wouldn't you try to do everything in your power to try to keep the best center in the world? Magic just got ****ed by that ****** Otis Smith who has a heart for washed up old players like Gilbert Arenas and traded away a lot of key players from the Finals run a couple of years ago and failed to bring in a supporting cast for Dwight. He's just been a spoiled baby throughout the past two years

fadedmario
07-16-2012, 05:17 PM
Dwight is the biggest ***** in the history of the NBA.

We know he can't sit out a year because he has to hear his name in the news everyday. He's a punk.

Stan Van Gundy deserved better than getting fired over this chump.

phantasyyy
07-16-2012, 05:18 PM
Dwight is the biggest ***** in the history of the NBA.

We know he can't sit out a year because he has to hear his name in the news everyday. He's a punk.

Stan Van Gundy deserved better than getting fired over this chump.

+1 hes tha coach/gm killa

SportsNY
07-16-2012, 05:21 PM
He honestly should just be suspended from the NBA indefinitely for threatening to sit out an entire year while under contract. I think that should actually be a rule.

I totally agree. He's such a little *****. Play out your contract before you worry about your next team.

nickdymez
07-16-2012, 05:23 PM
Yea they could trade him but he is under contract, which he signed. It is not their fault he is soo immature and a douche. They have the rights to him. If they just trade him then any player on a losing team can just demand a trade. He signed the contract he needs to shut up and play. He can get out next yr.

So by your logic teams should never trade players because they signed them to a contract. Its ********

Chronz
07-16-2012, 05:23 PM
Disagree.

No one forced him to opt in

Joker55
07-16-2012, 05:25 PM
And that's what everyone seems to be missing. Well, not everyone, but several people. I don't agree with the whole guilted him into it mumbo jumbo

SaimuKala
07-16-2012, 05:30 PM
Let him sit and think about how stupid he is...

Puck017
07-16-2012, 05:32 PM

I totally agree. He's such a little *****. Play out your contract before you worry about your next team.

Dwight Howard's surgeon said that Howard (back) "showed significant improvement," and is "optimistic" that he'll be ready for the start of the 2012-13 season.
Dr. Robert Watkins did not guarantee that Howard would be ready for next season, but it sounds like he'll be fine. Howard is done for the rest of this season, and the Magic will likely struggle in the playoffs without him in the lineup.

This gives Howard leverage to sit out part of the season without having to worry about not getting paid.

Chill_Will_24
07-16-2012, 05:36 PM
Check out Howards twitter. He going off on the Magic

bucketss
07-16-2012, 05:37 PM

he did playout his contract untill Orlando tricked than lied and supposedly black mailed him into opting in.

SportsFanatic10
07-16-2012, 05:37 PM
howard has handled this whole situation in the worst way possible. hes easliy the most ridiculous player in the league with these antics. what a mess for orlando! i feel bad for them, and i wish stan van gundy still had his job. it'd be awesome if they could just suspend him without pay for the whole season.

bucketss
07-16-2012, 05:38 PM
Check out Howards twitter. He going off on the Magic

dwight hasnt tweeted since april

valade16
07-16-2012, 05:38 PM
No one forced him to opt in

Precisely!

Had Howard not opted in he would've been a FA and the Brooklyn Nets, the only team he said he would sign an extension for, would've been free to sign him and everything he wanted would've happened.

Opting in was one of the most mind-bogglingly stupid decisions of all-time.

And now people want to say it's Orlando's fault for not trading him? He gave them the power to trade/not trade him when he opted in! Had he not wanted them to have that power it was as easy as not opting in.