PDA

View Full Version : how should the Bulls approach the season?

JoeyBoy718
07-15-2012, 05:36 PM
Their star will miss time and possibly the entire season, so what should they do: tank the year, try to compete, hope Rose comes back in time for a playoff run? I'm not a Bulls fan, so I'm not going to pretend to know more than I do, but I think they should make a run at Courtney Lee if they trade Rip, amnesty Boozer, and hope they can draft a solid PF if they end up being a lottery team this year. What does everyone else think? Bulls fans and NBA fans.

Cfrey
07-15-2012, 05:40 PM
they are in a terrible position for multiple reasons

1. rose will miss time and they will always be stuck in mediocrity without him

2. miami won't let them win even if rose was healthy

3. with rose they still lack that final piece to make them a championship calibur team

what they should do

1. trade for dwight howard

there is no 2.. they can't win without another superstar

Toastyy
07-15-2012, 05:49 PM
Trade deng trade Noah amnesty boozer and tank, rose and nerlens ftw

jp611
07-15-2012, 05:57 PM
Rose will come back when he's 100% healthy... The Bulls should look to contend and tread water until their star comes back... If they can get OJ Mayo then great, or Courtney Lee to a lesser extent

pacofunk64
07-15-2012, 05:58 PM
they are in a terrible position for multiple reasons

1. rose will miss time and they will always be stuck in mediocrity without him

2. miami won't let them win even if rose was healthy

3. with rose they still lack that final piece to make them a championship calibur team

what they should do

1. trade for dwight howard

there is no 2.. they can't win without another superstar

This...they have a good team but it will never be great enough to beat the powers that are building. Howard needs to be their guy to target no matter what. Take the gamble and if he leaves I don't think people will blame Chicago for trying.

D12 fan
07-15-2012, 05:59 PM
Tank and hope Stern gives them the #1 pick.

Chill_Will_24
07-15-2012, 06:00 PM
Tank would be the best move because it serves many purposes:

-They can let Rose take his time in coming back. Knee issues are no joke especially for a player who relies on athletic ability

-They can get him a legit second option in the draft for when he DOES come back because as constructed CHI is not getting past MIA even if Rose came back 100%

-They can get rid of some of those nasty contracts that they have. Noah sucks and so does Boozer

jp611
07-15-2012, 06:02 PM
Tank would be the best move because it serves many purposes:

-They can let Rose take his time in coming back. Knee issues are no joke especially for a player who relies on athletic ability

-They can get him a legit second option in the draft for when he DOES come back because as constructed CHI is not getting past MIA even if Rose came back 100%

-They can get rid of some of those nasty contracts that they have. Noah sucks and so does Boozer

If Noah sucks then what does Brook Lopez do?

IndyRealist
07-15-2012, 06:09 PM
I don't believe in tanking. But they should trade Deng and Boozer, even if all they get back is expiring contracts and draft picks. Going forward they can get some cap space, good young players through the draft, and be players in free agency again. Despite the weather, with Rose in Chicago they're a destination location for free agents.

StarvingKnick22
07-15-2012, 06:17 PM
get on their damn knees and pray for the best

BcEuAbRsS
07-15-2012, 06:24 PM
Bulls probably still find themselves in the ECF... No I don't feel they can get passed the Heat now seeing as this season was probably their best chance since the Heat had early playoff troubles...

Aust
07-15-2012, 06:47 PM
They haven't completed their offseason, and I respect the organization's intelligence to nab some much needed help.
Imo they can win without Rose up to the playoffs. Now I don't remember his injury, but I believe modern medicine will get up back up to speed before the playoffs begin.

celtNYpatsHeels
07-15-2012, 06:52 PM
If I am running the Bulls, I would sit Rose for the ENTIRE year to make sure he comes back 100% healthy for the 2013-2014 season. You dont want Rose to suffer any setbacks when returning from such a serious injury. Rose relies tremendously on his athleticism, speed, cutting, and shifting abilities...

That being said I would build for that 2013-2014 season. Does that mean tanking? well im not so sure the Bulls can pull that off with their passionate fanbase. I would try to move Deng and Boozer for picks or young talent. I would amnesty Boozer if they cannot trade him (wouldnt think about amnestying Deng). Free up cap space going into the 2013 summer

jp611
07-15-2012, 06:55 PM
If I am running the Bulls, I would sit Rose for the ENTIRE year to make sure he comes back 100% healthy for the 2013-2014 season. You dont want Rose to suffer any setbacks when returning from such a serious injury. Rose relies tremendously on his athleticism, speed, cutting, and shifting abilities...

That being said I would build for that 2013-2014 season. Does that mean tanking? well im not so sure the Bulls can pull that off with their passionate fanbase. I would try to move Deng and Boozer for picks or young talent. I would amnesty Boozer if they cannot trade him (wouldnt think about amnestying Deng). Free up cap space going into the 2013 summer

The Bulls will bring Rose back when he's 100% healthy, whether that be in February, March, April, or even the next season... There's no point in "resting" someone when they're capable of coming back to play basketball... There are also a ton of reports about Rose being ahead of recovery... The Bulls will still be in the playoff hunt with or without Rose and if Rose is 100% healthy in February and ready to come back for a playoff run, then he'll be back

Oldmantrash
07-15-2012, 08:48 PM
Do what San Antonio did way back when, one bad year, get the first pick, and go from there.

Chances they compete for title is very slim, might as well tank.

Pierzynski4Prez
07-15-2012, 09:07 PM
Tank? Are you people really serious?

They will still win 40+ games next season, and will go into the playoffs with Rose getting healthier by the day hopefully. Don't forget who their coach is and the defensive unit they can still role out there every night, even without Rose.

Deemerc
07-15-2012, 09:22 PM
As long as they don't sign 40 year old who run into telephone poles or cupcake aficionados they should be good.

Yunqn
07-15-2012, 09:43 PM
Trade noah and picks or deng for bynum ..

Chicago : bynum, j rich
Orlando : noah,pick & deng
Lakers : dwight

Bulls need a future star .. And andrew bynum can be any teams face and especially a 2nd star next to a mvp..This also gives us a higher ceiling and a threat to miami

I think thibs , the opportunity and our locker room can change him..

Taj and bynum can change any teams offensive flow.. Even miami.. If bynum keeps playing the way he has been..

jp611
07-15-2012, 09:45 PM
Trade noah and picks or deng for bynum ..

Chicago : bynum, j rich
Orlando : noah,pick & deng
Lakers : dwight

Bulls need a future star .. And andrew bynum can be any teams face and especially a 2nd star next to a mvp..

I think thibs , the opportunity and our locker room can change him..

Taj and bynum can change any teams offensive flow.. Even miami.. If bynum keeps playing the way he has been..

I'd much rather pursue Kevin Love and go with a Love/Noah frontcourt, it would be an awesome duo... Maybe Love forces his way out if they miss the playoffs again next season

Cubby
07-15-2012, 10:13 PM
What we should do is sign Mayo so that we can still be a force while Rose recovers. When he comes back, we finally have that legit second option that can create his own shot. In a few years, try and sign Kevin Love unless he tries to force a trade. Then deal expirings Minny's way.

justinnum1
07-15-2012, 10:19 PM
mayo is going to get 25+mil from phx

Aleksandar
07-15-2012, 10:21 PM
I'd much rather pursue Kevin Love and go with a Love/Noah frontcourt, it would be an awesome duo... Maybe Love forces his way out if they miss the playoffs again next season

I wouldn't count on it.

Ezio
07-15-2012, 10:32 PM

He wants 8mil + and Suns said no.

What is the point of tanking if you are not guaranteed the #1 pick?

Yunqn
07-15-2012, 10:36 PM

For 1 nO superstar will ever reach free agency .. Unless the management do dum moves like bk taking the worst contract and signing two after to prove something..

And second u havent learned since the summer of 2010.. Noone comes to chicago and no one wants to .. Love list is def going to have the lakers, clippers & either new york team over us and with our front office we dont make big trades.. We wont have assets in 3 yrs anywho ..

Getting bynum now is better than getting dwight imo .. Dwight doesnt want to be here .. And we would have to trade more for dwight .. I rather have a taj & bynum than dwight and filler..

We should go after bynum.

MrlooktheFup
07-15-2012, 10:41 PM
Hold out for your star in derrick rose and look to make a move maybe for mayo? re tool the team to be more effective for when rose returns. I like the idea on a gamble for dwight..i think he would consider staying after all this drama. Chi could offer a better package than most teams i think?

The bulls were a great team before the rose injury i thought they were going to give miami somewhat a decent series.

Ezio
07-15-2012, 10:53 PM
For 1 nO superstar will ever reach free agency .. Unless the management do dum moves like bk taking the worst contract and signing two after to prove something..

And second u havent learned since the summer of 2010.. Noone comes to chicago and no one wants to .. Love list is def going to have the lakers, clippers & either new york team over us and with our front office we dont make big trades.. We wont have assets in 3 yrs anywho ..

Getting bynum now is better than getting dwight imo .. Dwight doesnt want to be here .. And we would have to trade more for dwight .. I rather have a taj & bynum than dwight and filler..

We should go after bynum.

Then there is this: Love told SI.com that during last summer's World Championship in Turkey he had conversations with USA Basketball teammates Russell Westbrook (who played with Love at UCLA) and Derrick Rose about the possibility of someday teaming up in the NBA. Oklahoma City's Westbrook and Chicago's Rose are also permitted to sign extensions this summer.

"We all talk about playing together," Love said. "It's fun to talk about. When the time comes, we'll[..]ess the situation and figure it out."

:cool:

jp611
07-15-2012, 11:09 PM

He could get 22 million with Bulls, and maybe could be lured by the fact that he's good friends with rose, would get a chance to thrive with the bulls and maybe offer an opt out after 2 years where we could get him signed to an extension for more money if he excels next to Rose... More endorsements in Chicago, there is plenty of reasons he may be an option to join

Cubby
07-16-2012, 12:02 AM

Suns already declined to offer up that much. They'll offer close to what we can offer, but we give him the chance to contend. Which would you choose in his shoes? A few extra million or the chance to win and more than make up for that in endorsements?

IronMan21
07-16-2012, 12:12 AM
i think they should try to win early on and if impossible, TANK.

They could get Shabazz Muhammad that would help Rose and give the Bulls the SG they need. Can also play the 3.

waveycrockett
07-16-2012, 12:12 AM
Suns already declined to offer up that much. They'll offer close to what we can offer, but we give him the chance to contend. Which would you choose in his shoes? A few extra million or the chance to win and more than make up for that in endorsements?

Mayo is looking to get paid my man and a team he can run. Bulls are screwed right now. They need to shake up that team.

JerseyPalahniuk
07-16-2012, 12:30 AM
This...they have a good team but it will never be great enough to beat the powers that are building. Howard needs to be their guy to target no matter what. Take the gamble and if he leaves I don't think people will blame Chicago for trying.

Are you kidding dude? They were one Rose injury away from possibly beating Miami and winning the whole championship. No need to disassemble everything they have just for a gamble at Dwight. Terrible move. Bulls will be back - if not towards the end of the season then the next. Build around Rose.

waveycrockett
07-16-2012, 12:50 AM
Are you kidding dude? They were one Rose injury away from possibly beating Miami and winning the whole championship. No need to disassemble everything they have just for a gamble at Dwight. Terrible move. Bulls will be back - if not towards the end of the season then the next. Build around Rose.

Rose blew out his knee. Nobody knows how he will look on return. As it was Miami was the better team. The main thing they were known for is depth now they dont even have that. They have Boozer clogging up that payroll and Taj in line for an extension they need to shake it up.

Cubby
07-16-2012, 12:56 AM
Mayo is looking to get paid my man and a team he can run. Bulls are screwed right now. They need to shake up that team.

He has to lower his offer if even Phoenix won't pay up.

You really think he wants to spend the entire duration of his contract on a rebuilding team like the Suns?

No, we don't. We are fine the way we are, just add some pieces here and there. Will we win this year? Maybe not, but seriously stop saying we have no chance. The recovery of torn ACLs these days is much quicker and more successful than ever before. He will come back exactly the same.

waveycrockett
07-16-2012, 01:20 AM
He has to lower his offer if even Phoenix won't pay up.

You really think he wants to spend the entire duration of his contract on a rebuilding team like the Suns?

No, we don't. We are fine the way we are, just add some pieces here and there. Will we win this year? Maybe not, but seriously stop saying we have no chance. The recovery of torn ACLs these days is much quicker and more successful than ever before. He will come back exactly the same.

My man in the NBA players follow the money especially ones who never have had a huge pay day. Case in point Jeremy Lin. He's going to go to the highest bidder and at the end of the day there is also a couple of other playoff teams pushing for him also like Boston so it's not like Bulls are the only good team in the mix. Bulls are a long shot right now. Maybe they get Lee tho. I think he might be more realistic but again Boston is also in on him.

As far as shaking things up you guys seem to be losing that depth that put your over so many other teams. I think Bulls should look to do something big like trade for Aldridge or something. They need another star next to Rose.

Cubby
07-16-2012, 04:17 AM
My man in the NBA players follow the money especially ones who never have had a huge pay day. Case in point Jeremy Lin. He's going to go to the highest bidder and at the end of the day there is also a couple of other playoff teams pushing for him also like Boston so it's not like Bulls are the only good team in the mix. Bulls are a long shot right now. Maybe they get Lee tho. I think he might be more realistic but again Boston is also in on him.

As far as shaking things up you guys seem to be losing that depth that put your over so many other teams. I think Bulls should look to do something big like trade for Aldridge or something. They need another star next to Rose.

We don't need another star, we just need another shot creator to ease the pressure off of Rose. While Aldridge would be ****ing fantastic, that will never happen unless he demands a trade. There really aren't any trades possible for a star (except for Love possibly down the line). That's why we are going hard after Mayo. Gar Forman is meeting with him in Vegas this week to talk to him and Rose has already reached out to him. The KK trade most likely nets us a 5.1 TPE so we S&T for Mayo and give him an escalating contract.

Since PHX was unwilling to give him 8 million per year, that means they want him close to what we can offer. What takes us over them is the fact that we can compete. I don't see him wanting to go to a rebuilding team like the Suns. Here in Chicago, he could form a dynamic backcourt with Rose and they can grow together over the years. Then, when Boozer is amnestied and most of our contracts expire, we could try and sign Love (or trade for him beforehand). A core of Rose/Mayo/Noah/Love is amazing. If Mayo is smart, he will know where to go.

Losoway
07-16-2012, 04:23 AM
tank and pray to david stern for the number 1 pick