PDA

View Full Version : The curious case of Jeremy LIN

dnewguy
07-15-2012, 03:12 PM
The only good thing about the 2011/2012 Knicks was Jeremy Lin, there is hardly anything else anyone can remember about the Knicks outside of Linsanity.

Many continue to say Lin is over-paid (including Melo) but if we were to look at what he did for the Knicks and the NBA this past season, the gentlemen is underpaid for three reasons.
Reason 1: Lin has done more for the Knicks in a span of two months than melo and Amare managed to do over 3 years; not only were the Knicks on the brink of not making the play-offs even with Amare/melo and Chandler at the helm but they were also facing a grim future when Melo and Amare went down in some serious injury, what happened afterwards took the whole NBA universe by surprise, a unknown NBDL kid took over and led the team back into the play-offs.

Reason 2: Lin is more valuable to the Knicks and NBA than Melo will ever be. He is better at selling NBA merchandise, he is better known and he is also a better team player.

Reason 3: Melo became a better player towards the end of the season because Lin took the Knicks to another level, in all seriousness Melo did not want to get upstaged which is why he finally played well towards the end of the season; in addition, Chandler and Novak's true potential was evident when Lin became a starter. Pre-Linsanity, Melo and Amare were more worried about their shots than what other teammates can contribute.

In short, the Knicks are better off matching-Lin's contract if they want to realize the true potential of Chandler, Amare and Novak....Melo may seem like a gem but the Knicks are better off building a team around Lin and trading Melo for a star like Josh Smith and a first rounder.

Your thoughts?

John Walls Era
07-15-2012, 03:14 PM
Valid points.

I needed some excitement heading into next season (Heat drama was fun, but its over since they won). Knicks are in a lose-lose situation, unless they can somehow win it all. They actually got worse.

AI
07-15-2012, 03:17 PM
Yet another Knicks thread, awesome.

NYK|NYY
07-15-2012, 03:17 PM
I'll be damned if we don't get a new Lin thread every ten mins

WhiteSoxGod
07-15-2012, 03:19 PM
Another Lin thread? LOL Can we have some mods merge them. Where have all the mods gone?

SlimKid
07-15-2012, 03:21 PM
I'm not anti-Knicks as some will accuse me of, but do we really need 12 Knicks related threads in the main forum?

Hellcrooner
07-15-2012, 03:22 PM
The only good thing is his offer by rockets isnt LONG in time.

He is going to be a let down this season.

Kashmir13579
07-15-2012, 03:22 PM
I've been saying things similar to this since before D'antoni was fired.

kobemelo
07-15-2012, 03:27 PM
The only good thing about the 2011/2012 Knicks was Jeremy Lin, there is hardly anything else anyone can remember about the Knicks outside of Linsanity.

Many continue to say Lin is over-paid (including Melo) but if we were to look at what he did for the Knicks and the NBA this past season, the gentlemen is underpaid for three reasons.
Reason 1: Lin has done more for the Knicks in a span of two months than melo and Amare managed to do over 3 years; not only were the Knicks on the brink of not making the play-offs even with Amare/melo and Chandler at the helm but they were also facing a grim future when Melo and Amare went down in some serious injury, what happened afterwards took the whole NBA universe by surprise, a unknown NBDL kid took over and led the team back into the play-offs.

Reason 2: Lin is more valuable to the Knicks and NBA than Melo will ever be. He is better at selling NBA merchandise, he is better known and he is also a better team player.

Reason 3: Melo became a better player towards the end of the season because Lin took the Knicks to another level, in all seriousness Melo did not want to get upstaged which is why he finally played well towards the end of the season; in addition, Chandler and Novak's true potential was evident when Lin became a starter. Pre-Linsanity, Melo and Amare were more worried about their shots than what other teammates can contribute.

In short, the Knicks are better off matching-Lin's contract if they want to realize the true potential of Chandler, Amare and Novak....Melo may seem like a gem but the Knicks are better off building a team around Lin and trading Melo for a star like Josh Smith and a first rounder.

Your thoughts?

The fact that you said 3 years makes me think your whole argument is invalid

John Walls Era
07-15-2012, 03:28 PM
The only good thing is his offer by rockets isnt LONG in time.

He is going to be a let down this season.

Ok we know you hate non spanish players. You base your opinions on nationality.

C-Wick925
07-15-2012, 03:33 PM
I bet one of gronks nuts is better than Lins penis.

Sorry i dont know what got into me, sick of howard/lin sagas

calibird707
07-15-2012, 03:37 PM
I think them making the playoffs had more to do with nodantoni getting fired and woodson instilling a little more effort and intensity...lin definitley sparked them for sure...but they played their best ball once woody took over

justinnum1
07-15-2012, 03:38 PM

lol

Theshizzz
07-15-2012, 03:41 PM
100% accurate.

..and from a Heat fan too!?

torocan
07-15-2012, 03:42 PM

You think this is bad, imagine what it will be like if Houston gets Howard...

Houston. Lin. Howard. Media implosion...

Cfrey
07-15-2012, 03:42 PM
the curious case of benjamin button

Theshizzz
07-15-2012, 03:44 PM
Everyone complaining about too many Lin threads and Howard threads, but what the **** else is anyone going to talk about?

StarvingKnick22
07-15-2012, 04:00 PM
lmao another heat fan making a knicks bash thread we are so much better without him and I've been saying this for a while.

Theshizzz
07-15-2012, 04:07 PM
As a fellow Knick fan...I strongly disagree with the above statement.

Avenged
07-15-2012, 04:21 PM
Again, there is a Knicks forum. Any OPINION about the Knicks or a player involved with them goes in there. There are also other active threads in here you could post your opinion in.