PDA

View Full Version : Carmelo says Lin's contract is "ridiculous"

Losoway
07-15-2012, 02:59 PM
Melo spoke to the media today and said it's not up to him if the Knicks sign Lin or not.

"It's up to the organization to say that they want to match that ridiculous contract."

http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/the-knicks-blog-1.812055/carmelo-anthony-calls-jeremy-lin-s-contract-ridiculous-1.3839462?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

D12 fan
07-15-2012, 03:00 PM
Carmelo wants Lin gone so he can be the face of the Knicks,what a suprise.

John Walls Era
07-15-2012, 03:01 PM
What is it again? 5, 5 then 15 or something.

I mean the Knicks have experience in dealing with ridiculous contracts (ask Amare).

javaid64
07-15-2012, 03:01 PM
Carmelo wants Lin gone so he can be the face of the Knicks,what a suprise.

sure do like twisting words don't you...there is nothing he said that wasn't true

justinnum1
07-15-2012, 03:02 PM
Melo is an idiot, even if its true(which it is), you dont make a comment about another mans contract to the media.

Especially when melo himself is overpaid and forced his way to NY to get the most money possible. Dumbass.

iFYouSeekAmy
Post the entire article, please. or should I say 'blog'..

Kashmir13579
Carmelo is a fat, cancerous chucker.

SpaceJamJordans
sure do like twisting words don't you...there is nothing he said that wasn't true

ugh. then once they match, youd be a fan of lin again

Losoway
07-15-2012, 03:03 PM
i think he was making fun of the rockets organization

D12 fan

I didn' say what he said was true,I just said he want's Lin gone so he can be the star of the Knicks.You know Carmelo was tired of Lin getting all the spotlight last yeart.

SportsNY
What is it again? 5, 5 then 15 or something.

I mean the Knicks have experience in dealing with ridiculous contracts (ask Amare).

He actually put up great numbers for years, Lin did it for half of a shortened season.

Losoway
07-15-2012, 03:04 PM
https://twitter.com/rodboone

"To be clear, Melo wasn’t taking shot at Lin, he was taking a shot at Rockets for ridiculous $14.9M balloon in Year 3."

scutch11
07-15-2012, 03:04 PM
He's saying its ridiculous how he can be offered 5mil, 5mil, then 15mil. But, hey, anything to make Melo look like the bad guy right?

RC3
07-15-2012, 03:06 PM
It's all melo's fault.

NYK|NYY
07-15-2012, 03:07 PM
He may turn out to be right, but he's waaaaaaay out of line to say that. That definitely violates unspoken rules about not commenting about other players contracts. I'd point out Amar'e's bad contract but he is smart enough to remain quiet about other players situations.

lakerboy
07-15-2012, 03:10 PM
Tough talk for a guy who gets bounced in the first round every year.

KingsPhillies
Really, Melo? Really? Regardless of the context, I don't think any NBA player with an 8-figure annual salary should be allowed to use the words "ridiculous" and "contract" in the same sentence. And I was always under the impression that it was frowned upon to comment on another player's contract. Not your money, not your team, not your business. Take the word "ridiculous" out of that statement and there's nothing wrong with it. Melo should know better.

bearadonisdna
He may turn out to be right, but he's waaaaaaay out of line to say that. That definitely violates unspoken rules about not commenting about other players contracts. I'd point out Amar'e's bad contract but he is smart enough to remain quiet about other players situations.

^This.

justinnum1
07-15-2012, 03:12 PM
NBAPA will probably have a chat with melo about this

KniCks4LiFe
07-15-2012, 03:17 PM
My stance on him has never changed. They wipe Melo's *** more than any baby. This guy hasn't won anything in his NBA career to merit this. They rolled out red carpets like he's some 2nd coming of Micheal freaking Jordan.

-Melo lied about tell D'Antoni about Lin

-Melo's arrival sent a whole starting lineup to Denver

-Melo tanks the start of the season

-Melo gets a coach fired

-Melo's boy, JR is here

-Melo's fav coach Woodson stays over calling Phil "I got more rings than anyone" Jackson

-Melo's coach changes the offense, why? b/c Carmelo Anthony wasn't on the top scorers list, no other Knicks player had an issue w/ Lin, but Melo wasn't scoring

-Melo and Stat have never worked on the Knicks

-Now Melo adds his 2 cents about the contract?

This guy is killing this franchise, very slowly. CANCER!

*copy & pasted*

torocan
07-15-2012, 03:18 PM
I don't think Melo meant it in a bad way, however...

A Man who makes $20M+ a year should NOT be commenting on another player's offer. In fact, NO Player should be talking about another player's contract.

Poor form. Bad etiquette.

TheBatchelor213
07-15-2012, 03:20 PM
Carmelo is a joke

NYK|NYY
07-15-2012, 03:22 PM
I don't think Melo meant it in a bad way, however...

A Man who makes $20M+ a year should NOT be commenting on another player's offer. In fact, NO Player should be talking about another player's contract.

Poor form. Bad etiquette.

I can't even fathom how he thought he could get by saying something like that. Was an absolute dirtbag thing to say.

KniCks4LiFe
07-15-2012, 03:25 PM
I can't even fathom how he thought he could get by saying something like that. Was an absolute dirtbag thing to say.

That's what Melo is. People act like they can't see it, we've been seeing it. He's all about himself. And Dolan and MSG basically Grunwald, they pretty much made him the gm.

C-Style
07-15-2012, 03:26 PM
I hope this blows up on the Rockets face. For been so damn stupid

meloman1592
07-15-2012, 03:27 PM
carmelo is wrong for saying this, not because he's actually wrong about it

justinnum1
07-15-2012, 03:29 PM

exactly

Angry Norwegian
07-15-2012, 03:29 PM
Carmelo is really just awful. I never wanted to dislike him, but he has done nothing to endear himself to fans during his NBA career.

TylerSL
07-15-2012, 03:30 PM
He's saying its ridiculous how he can be offered 5mil, 5mil, then 15mil. But, hey, anything to make Melo look like the bad guy right?

much like how everybody makes Lebron the bad guy.

triple5real
07-15-2012, 03:31 PM
I didn' say what he said was true,I just said he want's Lin gone so he can be the star of the Knicks.You know Carmelo was tired of Lin getting all the spotlight last yeart.

Lol Whether anyone agrees or not Melo is the star of the Knicks and face of the franchise. I bet none of Jeremy's peers think he is the face of NYK except Lin stans. I like Jeremy but I just think his potential is being overblown.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-15-2012, 03:32 PM
The last contract isn't even guaranteed. It's pretty much the $10 mil the first 2 years then a couple mil the last year.

Jarvo
07-15-2012, 03:33 PM
My stance on him has never changed. They wipe Melo's *** more than any baby. This guy hasn't won anything in his NBA career to merit this. They rolled out red carpets like he's some 2nd coming of Micheal freaking Jordan.

-Melo gets a coach fired

-Melo's boy, JR is here

-Melo's fav coach Woodson stays over calling Phil "I got more rings than anyone" Jackson

-Melo's coach changes the offense, why? b/c Carmelo Anthony wasn't on the top scorers list, no other Knicks player had an issue w/ Lin, but Melo wasn't scoring

*copy & pasted*

This. But Phil didn't want to coach the Knicks anyway.

justinnum1
07-15-2012, 03:33 PM
Lol Whether anyone agrees or not Melo is the star of the Knicks and face of the franchise. I bet none of Jeremy's peers think he is the face of NYK except Lin stans. I like Jeremy but I just think his potential is being overblown.

Its not about whether we agree or not, everyone thinks the contract is stupid, but you dont make a comment about another players deal. Taboo.

The last contract isn't even guaranteed. It's pretty much the $10 mil the first 2 years then a couple mil the last year.
the last year is fully guaranteed, thats one of the things the rockets changed.

EnWhyKay
07-15-2012, 03:35 PM
Context is key when speaking on Melo's contract...

He meant the contract is ridiculous in the way its structured. The way its structured hurts the Knicks and not the Rockets.. For the Knicks is something like 5, 5, 15.. For the Rockets its 8.3/8.3/8.3.. Which is ******** and is ridiculous...

Read Carmelo's full quote.. Or watch it and see exactly what he is talking about...

cbreezy34
07-15-2012, 03:36 PM
Deep down Knicks fans/Carmelo fans know this guy is outta line and his reputation is just getting worse and worse by the moment. The Knicks chemistry with Lin and Amare was so much better and tney were a better team and Melo couldn't handle it. The guy is a baby/prima donna like Dwight and too many of the NBA stars. This comment was so outta line I don't even know what to think.

Tmath
07-15-2012, 03:42 PM
Melo is a cancer

Losoway
07-15-2012, 03:43 PM

-Melo gets a coach fired

-Melo's boy, JR is here

*copy & pasted*

knock it off . how is he a cancer? the nuggets didnt make much of a improvement with out melo . they still cant get out of the first round

melo hasnt had a solid training camp or spent most of his time with a terrible coach -d antoni . look what happen when woodson took over

the knicks will be great this year .

Cfrey
07-15-2012, 03:44 PM
Breaking: Lin says Melo you will never win a ring.

justinnum1
07-15-2012, 03:45 PM
knock it off . how is he a cancer? the nuggets didnt make much of a improvement with out melo . they still cant get out of the first round

melo hasnt had a solid training camp or spent most of his time with a terrible coach -d antoni . look what happen when woodson took over

the knicks will be great this year .

Considering who they had on that squad and who they played in the first round i think they did a nice job. They need to work on their defense and get some more size up front but denver's future is brighter without melo.

KnicksR4Real
07-15-2012, 03:48 PM
Ball don't lie.

Slimsim
07-15-2012, 03:49 PM
man the knicks organization is just 1 big *** circus after another never can have a nice easy off season

RSA27
07-15-2012, 03:52 PM
Whether you think he deserves the money or not the actual structure of the contract itself (5,5,15) is ridiculous.

b@llhog24
07-15-2012, 03:54 PM

This.

TheNumber37
07-15-2012, 03:55 PM
This is out of context, good job Fox news.

b@llhog24
07-15-2012, 03:57 PM
Considering who they had on that squad and who they played in the first round i think they did a nice job. They need to work on their defense and get some more size up front but denver's future is brighter without melo.

So this doesn't apply to Carmelo? :confused:

torocan
07-15-2012, 03:57 PM
Whether you think he deserves the money or not the actual structure of the contract itself (5,5,15) is ridiculous.

Agreed. The current CBA is going to bite ALOT of teams in the butt in the coming years.

7 year opt in on the CBA, 10 years if they don't renegotiate.

The Current CBA is the future decade folks. Get used to this.

justinnum1
07-15-2012, 03:58 PM
So this doesn't apply to Carmelo? :confused:

No. They traded nene, and billups. People underrate what billups and nene did for that team.

NYK|NYY
07-15-2012, 03:59 PM
Context is key when speaking on Melo's contract...

He meant the contract is ridiculous in the way its structured. The way its structured hurts the Knicks and not the Rockets.. For the Knicks is something like 5, 5, 15.. For the Rockets its 8.3/8.3/8.3.. Which is ******** and is ridiculous...

Read Carmelo's full quote.. Or watch it and see exactly what he is talking about...

I don't know, that doesn't make it better. He should have let it be and kept to himself.

BigBlueCrew
07-15-2012, 04:00 PM
Damn what a bunch of haters

xxplayerxx23
07-15-2012, 04:01 PM
It was taken out of context but whatever.

b@llhog24
07-15-2012, 04:01 PM
No. They traded nene, and billups. People underrate what billups and nene did for that team.

Billups was/is practically done, Nene never could stay healthy. But that's besides the point. Which team in Melo's entire career he should have beaten in the playoffs?

WickedBadMan
07-15-2012, 04:03 PM
That is pretty ****ed up. Calling out a persons livelihood, something only a real idiot/piece of **** would do. I hope he wouldn't be bothered if anyone called him out for being the least successful superstar in basketball and getting a coach fired.

The Rockets will make that contract back easy in all the overseas business, they had the cap space to kill.

JNoel
07-15-2012, 04:03 PM
New York Knicks just lost about half of their Asian fans

D12 fan
07-15-2012, 04:11 PM
Carmelo want be to popular in China after these comments.

Avenged
07-15-2012, 04:18 PM
Enough with the Lin threads. Melo's opinion about a contract can be posted in the Knicks forum.