PDA

View Full Version : Valentine blames Youk

Caveman508
07-15-2012, 02:08 PM
http://m.espn.go.com/mlb/story?storyId=8168192&city=boston

Makes me sick gtfo of Boston

Petertherock
07-15-2012, 04:08 PM
Valentine is pulling an Obama..."I inherited that situation. I didn't cause it!" No...but like Obama...instead of solving the problems...you added fuel to the fire! Bobby V has got to go!

grandsalami
07-15-2012, 04:12 PM
"I haven't seen him play," Valentine said. "He's gotten a lot of hits, played a lot of games. It seems like he's healthier."

Asked if he was surprised that Youkilis appeared healthier, Valentine said, "Not surprised. As a matter of fact Maggs (hitting coach Dave Magadan) said he had no doubt if (Youkilis) went somewhere else he'd play better."

SO YOUK tanked........

Vincent33
07-15-2012, 05:46 PM
Always has to say something. Of course he wasn't going to say something like, "Kevin did a lot for this team, city, fans, but he's in Chicago now and that's who we are concentrating on now." Something Belichickian...but he's gotta say something, that's Bobby V for ya. Ughh...

redsoxslinky
07-15-2012, 07:47 PM
i wish they would get rid of this guy already. hes worthless and is just a typical medial whore like hes always been. i mean youk sends a letter thanking sox nation and whats he say. " its not my fault, its youks" why cant he let it go. hes not a good coach and never was. i mean how many years in the mlb and never once got a ring. does that say anything. and if its not his problem that they suck which i mean i do agree that he doesnt play but his presence alone causes the players and staff not to give two craps. I mean its come out that even the staff ignores him, ie bogar, tuck, mclure, medical staff and players. what does it take to let the front office know GET RID OF THIS STUPID CLOWN

1_FrozenNetsFan
07-15-2012, 07:49 PM
Always has to say something. Of course he wasn't going to say something like, "Kevin did a lot for this team, city, fans, but he's in Chicago now and that's who we are concentrating on now." Something Belichickian...but he's gotta say something, that's Bobby V for ya. Ughh...

Bv does seem to be a pot stirrer...and if ***** is in the pot than that gets stirred too...tasty huh?

Payton4LIFE
07-15-2012, 08:48 PM
Please stop complaining. Youk was seen as a problem in the clubhouse even before Bobby V was manager. Just refer back to Beckett's comments about who the source was for the info that blew up the entire offseason of "tell all" about the Sox meltdown of fried chicken, beer, and discontent. As if Bobby V could influence all of the upper level management to trade Youk with seeing Middlebrooks for all of a few weeks. O and by the way he made those comments before Youk got hurt and Middlebrooks took his spot. You guys are amazing on how you want to rip this guy. Last I checked he was nominated for manager of the first half. Yet, many of you will find a way to continue to complain because that is what you do. If the Sox were 100-0 these same people would cry about something. Friggen amazing. Bobby V has done a great job and the last I read from multiple articles in the globe and herald stated Youk was moody and a complainer.

bosox1899
07-15-2012, 09:14 PM
Please stop complaining. Youk was seen as a problem in the clubhouse even before Bobby V was manager. Just refer back to Beckett's comments about who the source was for the info that blew up the entire offseason of "tell all" about the Sox meltdown of fried chicken, beer, and discontent. As if Bobby V could influence all of the upper level management to trade Youk with seeing Middlebrooks for all of a few weeks. O and by the way he made those comments before Youk got hurt and Middlebrooks took his spot. You guys are amazing on how you want to rip this guy. Last I checked he was nominated for manager of the first half. Yet, many of you will find a way to continue to complain because that is what you do. If the Sox were 100-0 these same people would cry about something. Friggen amazing. Bobby V has done a great job and the last I read from multiple articles in the globe and herald stated Youk was moody and a complainer.

Thank you, I agree 100%. I'm sick of reading some of these posters *****ing and whining about BV and not about anyone else on this team. Seems to me that the red sox players and even some fans here are such little girls, they get offended when people speak with brutal honesty. I'm starting to see why this country is starting to turn into a bunch of girl scouts.

Petertherock
07-15-2012, 10:03 PM
If Youk tanked on purpose, I don't blame him one bit. If I had to deal with this ******* manager saying **** in the media about me...I wouldn't show up to play either.

Payton4LIFE
07-15-2012, 10:35 PM
getting paid millions of dollars and tanking on purpose? U don't get mad? in this friggen economy you must be joking. These guys get paid more than doctors and you think its ok to tank a game, week, or season because they are unhappy they are getting millions of dollars but Bobby V said something mean? I am disgusted at that last post. IF I made 10 million a year and Bobby V put my name a "a huge d-bag" on the back of my jersey everyday I would still be happy knowing I am getting paid to play a sport. WOW....I agree with the other guy that I now know why people hate BOSOX fans. Being in New Jersey I get a lot stuff for crying little baby SOX fans like some of you in here. AMAZING. Bobby V should get a medal for what he has done this year. And if Youk tanked on purpose he is a disgrace......

sawxfan
07-15-2012, 11:27 PM
Thank you, I agree 100%. I'm sick of reading some of these posters *****ing and whining about BV and not about anyone else on this team. Seems to me that the red sox players and even some fans here are such little girls, they get offended when people speak with brutal honesty. I'm starting to see why this country is starting to turn into a bunch of girl scouts.

Easy there Padilla! An adult confronts another adult face to face and hashes it out. Using the media as the mediator in an issue is (and will always be) the wrong way to handle things as a manager. It is not always what you say, but how and to whom you say these things. there is a reason BV is very much disliked, stop blaming all those in his wake. Move to Canada tough guy, at least you'll be guaranteed health care.

Bobby V. is a child.

sawxfan
07-15-2012, 11:28 PM
And Youk did not tank on purpose. He just tanked.

grandsalami
07-15-2012, 11:55 PM
And Youk did not tank on purpose. He just tanked.

same thing.....

sawxfan
07-16-2012, 12:21 AM
i wish they would get rid of this guy already. hes worthless and is just a typical medial whore like hes always been. i mean youk sends a letter thanking sox nation and whats he say. " its not my fault, its youks" why cant he let it go. hes not a good coach and never was. i mean how many years in the mlb and never once got a ring. does that say anything. and if its not his problem that they suck which i mean i do agree that he doesnt play but his presence alone causes the players and staff not to give two craps. I mean its come out that even the staff ignores him, ie bogar, tuck, mclure, medical staff and players. what does it take to let the front office know GET RID OF THIS STUPID CLOWN

I agree.

sawxfan
07-16-2012, 12:23 AM
same thing.....

It's absolutely not the same thing.

grandsalami
07-16-2012, 12:32 AM
It's absolutely not the same thing.

Asked if he was surprised that Youkilis appeared healthier, Valentine said, "Not surprised. As a matter of fact Maggs (hitting coach Dave Magadan) said he had no doubt if (Youkilis) went somewhere else he'd play better."

that screams like tanking because he hated his manager..... not good move by youk

sawxfan
07-16-2012, 02:00 AM
It screams that to you. That does not make it the case. There are many reasons why the hitting coach might think that. The idea of a change of scenery, knowing you're going to play everyday, knowing you have a positive relationship with management(lowered stress), being healthy. These are all reasons why he may have thought he would hit better.

In any case, the point is BV did not need to be talking to the media about this crap. It's all "he said, she said" garbage. None of it can be proven. It's useless banter.

Youk has been the adult through all of this. BV should have just let it go and moved on. He is a child.

StealingSigns
07-16-2012, 03:45 AM
Easy there Padilla! An adult confronts another adult face to face and hashes it out. Using the media as the mediator in an issue is (and will always be) the wrong way to handle things as a manager. It is not always what you say, but how and to whom you say these things. there is a reason BV is very much disliked, stop blaming all those in his wake. Move to Canada tough guy, at least you'll be guaranteed health care.

Bobby V. is a child.

Heaven forbid.... It sucks up here! :clap:

bosox1899
07-16-2012, 07:55 AM

Bobby V. is a child.

why move to canada when we got the same crap here? all this boo hooing about some words from a manager is pathetic and weak. it's sports get over it youk. Youk is a POS anyways. Maybe I'll go to Mexico or somewhere where people don't cry over some words.

Plus it's kind of ironic you calling Bobby V. a child when many of you are being ones yourself because he criticized Youk, who happens to be the biggest child of them all.

Kinkotheclown
07-16-2012, 09:11 AM
As a yankee fan, I hated and respected Youk because he always played his *** off and was an extremely tough competitor. I think what he did with Youk was ****ed on every level. Rest assured, he will not be the only one to go. He's the first.
Valentine has and always will be a pot stirring, polarizing, attention seeking, **** talking, prima donna. I can't stand him.
With that said, if he gets "his guys", they will play their ***** off for him. But finding those players can be a long road.
Good luck.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-16-2012, 11:09 AM
If the Red Sox don't make the playoffs this season, there's no way Bobby will be back next season. There's just no way he'd be back.

SirHizz
07-16-2012, 11:37 AM
If the Red Sox don't make the playoffs this season, there's no way Bobby will be back next season. There's just no way he'd be back.

He's the perfect candidate in the search for a scapegoat. The media is again talking about the reasons why some of our players (mostly pitchers) are underperforming...and blame Bobby V for this. Because they don't want to play under him makes them underachieving.
But that Lester and Beckett didn't play better under Francona last year (the exact opposite of Bobby) and shat the bed in september, doesn't get brought up in discussions.

That's my prediction: Bobby gets the axe and we'll hear from all the players and coaches how terrible the communication has been and that Bobby V was just too stubborn to adapt.

If you take away the first month of the season (in which he has cost us at least a few wins), I'd give Bobby a grade of B+/A-. He did a great job with all the injuries and especially the bullpen.
The players may hate him all they want, I don't care. You don't have to love your boss, why should baseball be different to real life? It's not like they won every year with super-friendly Terry Francona.
As much as I love Youk, I kinda get the feeling Bobby is right. Should he told that the media? Not so sure about that, but Youk is as stubborn and corky as it gets, he wouldn't get over the comments Bobby made a few weeks into the season.

With that being said, I like Valentine and the questioning of the manager has to stop, players need to be held accountable after last september, not the skipper anymore.

lucchesicourt
07-16-2012, 11:44 AM
Read Lou Gorman's all of you who support BV. BV is not a quality manager. The fact is, ifyou have a problem with an employee, you do NOT go to the press. You go to the MAN. If you don't have the balls to talk to a person face to face, you are NOT a good manager, period!!!. I have been a manger for over 20 years and NEVER did I talk to anyone about a problem except the person involved. That is how managers are suppose to be.
So, I'll ask this question, once again. Let's say 8 players on the team go to the press with complaints about BV's ability to manage the team, what does the front office do? 1) fire the manager-if they do this they will never get a quality manager with the current front office, 2)fire or trade the players, or 3)ignore the problem? let's look at the second 2 issues. If the Sox keep the players, it will look like the management will NOT support their manager, so the players would have to go. If they ignore, the problem the team will NOT be a team any longer and you will NOT win.
So, would it be okay for these players to put down BV in the press? if not, why not? Especially, when he has no problem doing it to his (sorry not his) the team's players.
IMO, BV should NOT talk to the press about a player's performance unless he has something good to say. I was raised if you don't have anything nice to say keep your mouth shut.

Crucis
07-16-2012, 02:53 PM
I think that it was dumb for BV to have made these statements to the press right now for one reason in particular. The White Sox are coming to town, and giving the other team any bulletin board material is just plain dumb.

Petertherock
07-17-2012, 12:46 AM
So Bobby V tells Youk he needs to get over himself...I think Bobby V needs to get out of town! I hate this guy more and more every time he opens his big fat mouth to the press. He's a ****** manager that will do more harm to this team than anyone else ever has. I hope Youk destroys us the rest of the series like he did tonight. I think every time Youk gets a hit off us he should go over and laugh at Bobby V.

grandsalami
07-17-2012, 12:55 AM
So Bobby V tells Youk he needs to get over himself...I think Bobby V needs to get out of town! I hate this guy more and more every time he opens his big fat mouth to the press. He's a ****** manager that will do more harm to this team than anyone else ever has. I hope Youk destroys us the rest of the series like he did tonight. I think every time Youk gets a hit off us he should go over and laugh at Bobby V.

OH boo ****ing hooo.... I loved Tito as much as everyone, but guess what, the players tuned him out and tanked for him. So the sox put a Hard *** as manager, because the players don't deserve another "players manager" that treats them like royalty. and I actually am a big Youk fan, and i think he tanked because he hated it here, and in any job even if you hate your boss, you don't do that or you get fired.

oh and how about this... which is why they traded youk.....

DKnobler: One scout from interested team went to see Youkilis, sent back very negative report: "For what he costs, he can't do anything."

Melo15
07-17-2012, 01:49 AM
Did you just refer to Bobby V as a hard ***? :laugh2:

Calling out players through the media is never a great idea. Things should be handled in house, man to man. Sure, some situations may require a different approach but calling Youk out publicly was foolish the 1st time and it remained foolish the 2nd time.

Crucis
07-17-2012, 02:16 AM

Don't be so sure. The Sox signed BV to a 2 year deal ... which also happens to be how many years were left on John Farrell's(i.e. the current Blue Jays' manager,) deal. Remember that Farrell was the Sox first (unofficial) choice for the job. So I suspect that the Sox picked BV to be effectively an interim manager until Farrell became available.

1_FrozenNetsFan
07-17-2012, 04:03 AM
Don't be so sure. The Sox signed BV to a 2 year deal ... which also happens to be how many years were left on John Farrell's(i.e. the current Blue Jays' manager,) deal. Remember that Farrell was the Sox first (unofficial) choice for the job. So I suspect that the Sox picked BV to be effectively an interim manager until Farrell became available.

might be onto something here