PDA

View Full Version : What are the Bulls doing?

NYSpirit1
07-15-2012, 01:55 AM
This seems like a recipe for disaster to getting Rose annoyed.

They traded Korver, let Watson go (the backup) and signed Hinrich, wasting their mid level, when it could have been used for Mayo.

Meanwhile, they didn't trade Deng for a high pick. And have been completely inactive in free agency.

It's hard to see this team making the playoffs if Rose is out.

BuildaBeargers
07-15-2012, 02:01 AM
Incomming Homer bulls excuses in 3... 2...1

Linkels
07-15-2012, 02:02 AM
lol what a obvious troll thread

TeamSeattle
07-15-2012, 02:04 AM
I'm kinda asking the same thing, I actually like the Bulls (2nd fav east team). I don't see where they are going I guess they've kinda given up and I don't know why.

KB-Pau-DH2012
07-15-2012, 02:07 AM

No it's not, he's asking a legitimate question.

Tell us, what is your team actually doing.

They got Captain Kirk, great. What else? :confused:

Ezio
They are meeting with Mayo soon...

Watson/Brewer are replaced with Teague/Butler
If Korver is replaced with Lee or Mayo then it's already a better roster.

Linkels
I'm kinda asking the same thing, I actually like the Bulls (2nd fav east team). I don't see where they are going I guess they've kinda given up and I don't know why.

How can the Bulls be your second favorite team if you are a knicks fan.. that shouldn't be possible.. and its all for financial reasons. Butler > Brewer. Hinrich > Watson

Kyben36
07-15-2012, 02:08 AM

They traded Korver, let Watson go (the backup) and signed Hinrich, wasting their mid level, when it could have been used for Mayo.

Meanwhile, they didn't trade Deng for a high pick. And have been completely inactive in free agency.

First, we did not use the MLE exception on Hinrich, he isnt even signed, likely traded for for Korver, keeping the MLE and our Bi anual exception

2nd, you must be studpi if you would trade Deng, a proven player, for a lotery pick, that will likley bust

Watson is less that Hinrich, and if you dont know that you didnt watch him play all year.

we are currently reaching out to OJ mayo and COurtnee lee. that seems like our offseason

I see no problems with what they are doing, yes rose will be out, but he will come back mid season and be ready for the playoffs.

sventhedog
07-15-2012, 02:13 AM
they must have gotten a medical report saying rose would not be as good as 100%. lol. just guessing.

cjbulls3
07-15-2012, 02:16 AM
What did Watson do for the bulls that was so much better than what Kirk did for the bulls. why would they need to break their core to get rookies they have had the best record for two straight seasons. Reason for Watson leaving, they got Kirk which is an upgrade let brewer go because butler is a cheaper brewer yet with greater potential and traded korver so they don't pay for his guaranteed money and now can sign another player in free agency

Shammyguy3
07-15-2012, 02:39 AM
Hinrich is a better player & fit for the Bulls than Watson, and will make less than Watson was going to had the Bulls picked up his option.

Butler is already a better player than Brewer. Not quite the stout defender, but definitely a future all-defense type of player while having the ability to develop an offensive game. Not to mention, he's due to make $3,303,080 less than Ronnie Brewer was going to make had the Bulls picked up Ronnie's $4.37M option. And he's under a contract for the Bulls for the next three seasons.

Teague is infinitely better than JLIII & Mike James. Plus he'll cost half the money JLIII would get (assuming he makes vet min and not more). He's under team contract & has room to improve and is great value at #29.

So, how are the Bulls not doing well this off-season? Plus you mention that they "let Watson, Korver, etc" go but then go to mention that they "didn't trade Deng for a lottery pick." Sorta disagrees with your notion of annoying Rose huh? :rolleyes:

AddiX
07-15-2012, 02:43 AM
The bulls know rose might be done for, as in never will be the same. And for this coming season thats almost certainly true. That injury is no joke, bulls are bracing for the worst.

ThunderousDemon
07-15-2012, 02:46 AM
The bulls know rose might be done for, as in never will be the same. And for this coming season thats almost certainly true. That injury is no joke, bulls are bracing for the worst.

That's an awesome ****ing sig. :smoking:

_Supreme_
07-15-2012, 02:48 AM
There will be a lot (of minutes) asked of whoever starts in Rose's stead. Kirk really did lose a step or two. I am not so sure at all that he is an upgrade over Watson, especially given the circumstances, but time will have to tell.

Maybe the Bulls FO figures next year is a lost year anyway and that explains the lack of doing a lot... or they could actually think they are good as is.

Bulls_fan90
07-15-2012, 03:19 AM
Pretty much everything Shammy said.

WickedBadMan
07-15-2012, 03:25 AM
Personally I think they are going to suck big time next year.

I think their best bet is pulling a Admiral/Duncan, tank, pray Rose plays like he used to, and have a top 10 pick to put out there with him.

sunsfan88
07-15-2012, 03:26 AM
What can the Bulls even do? Do they even have legit cap space to sign anyone good?

Shammyguy3
07-15-2012, 03:32 AM

I think their best bet is pulling a Admiral/Duncan, tank, pray Rose plays like he used to, and have a top 10 pick to put out there with him.

Define "suck big time next year." Tell me what their record will be.

Bulls_fan90
07-15-2012, 03:35 AM
What can the Bulls even do? Do they even have legit cap space to sign anyone good?

Yeah I don't really know. We let go of Brewer and Watson (no complaints from me).

Signed Kirk for 3mill a season, which seems like decent value. Not sure how we could sign Mayo for the Mini MLE (3mill for Mayo :laugh:)

And drafted a high upside player (Didn't think he'd fall to pick 29).

The Bulls have no cap, what did you expect them to do?

D1JM
07-15-2012, 03:36 AM

you guys seem to always make changes but yet are a .500 team soo.....? and rose missed a lot of games last season and they still had the best record so i dont know what the **** you are talking about

smiddy012
07-15-2012, 03:38 AM
Bulls are rebuilding because their chances of a chip next season are shot soon with Rose's ACL.

_Supreme_
07-15-2012, 03:40 AM

They could have traded for Raymond Felton too.

Start a bidding war with the Knicks.

TeamSeattle
07-15-2012, 03:40 AM
Yeah I don't really know. We let go of Brewer and Watson (no complaints from me).

Signed Kirk for 3mill a season, which seems like decent value. Not sure how we could sign Mayo for the Mini MLE (3mill for Mayo :laugh:)

And drafted a high upside player (Didn't think he'd fall to pick 29).

Dang well still good luck next season

WickedBadMan
07-15-2012, 03:41 AM
Define "suck big time next year." Tell me what their record will be.

10th or 11th in the East, suck big time relative to last season I should say. I think the East will be a lot tougher, the only team that will be considerably worse is the Magic. Wizards, Pistons, Cavs won't be easy games.

D1JM
07-15-2012, 03:45 AM
10th or 11th in the East, suck big time relative to last season I should say. I think the East will be a lot tougher, the only team that will be considerably worse is the Magic. Wizards, Pistons, Cavs won't be easy games.

bulls best guy was down and yet we managed the best record in the nba :laugh2:

JoeDirt05
07-15-2012, 03:46 AM

What are the knicks doing they traded for Felton :dance:

Thank The Lord!!!! :laugh:

rurichie
07-15-2012, 03:53 AM
How can the Bulls be your second favorite team if you are a knicks fan.. that shouldn't be possible.. and its all for financial reasons. Butler > Brewer. Hinrich > Watson

The first one you are correct as for Hinrich maybe just because he is older but I like CJ Watson more

Shammyguy3
07-15-2012, 03:56 AM
They could have traded for Raymond Felton too.

Start a bidding war with the Knicks.

Hinrich is better than Felton, the Bulls invested a pick in Marquis Teague who will need playing time, and Rose will be back in January or February. Trading for Raymond Felton (meaning giving up assets for a guy you don't need) makes no sense.

:laugh: I'll sig bet that they'll still be a playoff team and win 46+ games.

The first one you are correct as for Hinrich maybe just because he is older but I like CJ Watson more

Watson was an awful fit in Chicago. His efficiency numbers were atrocious, along with his ability to run a simple pick & roll. Solid bench player, awful fit in Chicago. Hinrich is also a solid bench player/fringe starter, good fit in Chicago.

_Supreme_
07-15-2012, 04:00 AM
Hinrich is better than Felton, the Bulls invested a pick in Marquis Teague who will need playing time, and Rose will be back in January or February. Trading for Raymond Felton (meaning giving up assets for a guy you don't need) makes no sense.

You would have had a lot more weight to throw around.

Evolution23
07-15-2012, 04:01 AM
why don't they amnesty boozer and make a run for Dwight

--23--
07-15-2012, 04:06 AM

He don't want to play for the Bulls, it's too cold for him in Chicago.

D1JM
07-15-2012, 04:08 AM

lol

Bulls_fan90
07-15-2012, 04:18 AM

I lol'd :clap:

xxcubs22xx
07-15-2012, 05:22 AM
:facepalm:

The Bulls are doing good things.

That's what they're doing.

Neosheed
07-15-2012, 05:43 AM
He don't want to play for the Bulls, it's too cold for him in Chicago.

They should have and went after beasley and mayo they would have had enough money and still could have got kirk

Kirk/teauge/rose
Mayo/rip/buttler
Deng/buttler
Beasley/taj
Noah/???

That team can be atleast 5seed till rose get back. And beasley would b a major upgrade over boozer he can hit a shoot from almost anywhere and he has an all-around game better than boozer

3ballbomber
07-15-2012, 06:14 AM
seriously, can everybody stop w/ the frigging 'Troll'/'Trolling' remarks already. The culture that's developed on PSD is that of 16 year old thinking. Time to go against the grain and mature. People just throw out 'Troll/Trolling' like as if it's a cool thing to do......childish trend.

I thought this was a legitimate question/concern worth debating.

mikekhelxD
07-15-2012, 06:26 AM
For some reason, some posters missed the posts from Kyben and shammy.

DitchDat
07-15-2012, 06:32 AM
The Bulls are hard-pressed for money. They are just shedding salary.

Iron24th
07-15-2012, 06:36 AM
Baiting thread.
Of course the bulls will make the playoffs.

Silent
07-15-2012, 07:09 AM

U should worry about your own team then ***** about others

ThePooH_1_
07-15-2012, 07:28 AM

Still we wouldn't have enough capespace for howard + we lose a solid scorer/rebounder..

USAF_AMMO
07-15-2012, 08:02 AM

Iím sure they will put together a solid roster. So far, for each player they have lost, they have a better and cheaper replacement (Hinrich, Teague, and Butler). The offseason isnít over and they arenít done yet...

They won a lot of games without Rose last year and will do the same this year. My prediction is that they will get Rose back just in time for a playoff run, will probably be a 6-8 seed, and put up a valiant effort against a top seed, but will get bounced in the 1st round.
But, the Bulls plan for the future definitely involves praying that Rose recovers to what he was before the injury.

YoungOne
07-15-2012, 08:03 AM
1st u dont get mayo for the mle
2nd they only had the mini mle i believe and
3rd hinrich is a good pick up and better player than watson regardless.

Chill_Will_24
07-15-2012, 08:14 AM
No team playing Tom Thibodeau defense will suck no matter what players are put in there

3ballbomber
07-15-2012, 08:24 AM
No team playing Tom Thibodeau defense will suck no matter what players are put in there

Boozer might have something to say about that lol

South Sided
07-15-2012, 08:30 AM
First, we did not use the MLE exception on Hinrich, he isnt even signed, likely traded for for Korver, keeping the MLE and our Bi anual exception

2nd, you must be studpi if you would trade Deng, a proven player, for a lotery pick, that will likley bust

Watson is less that Hinrich, and if you dont know that you didnt watch him play all year.

we are currently reaching out to OJ mayo and COurtnee lee. that seems like our offseason

I see no problems with what they are doing, yes rose will be out, but he will come back mid season and be ready for the playoffs.

None of this really matters because they are waiting until next off-season. They really can't do anything but cut payroll right now. Their current core isn't good enough to win the East even if all are healthy which will probably never happen cuz they are all injury-prone. Unless they can talk a player into taking less money or dupe a team into a dumb trade the team won't improve much until after this season.

Signing Kirk cost less than CJ's team option & is a stop gap until Teague is ready.

Deng will be easier to trade next off-season when he's an expiring & hopefully not injured.

Boozer could be amnestied next off-season, though i still doubt Reinsdorf goes that route (package trade more likely).

So Bulls fans we may just have to wait until the 2013-14 season for a Championship run. :shrug::shrug:

Chill_Will_24
07-15-2012, 08:31 AM
Boozer might have something to say about that lol

He had something to say about it last year and it didnt matter

Jarvo
07-15-2012, 08:34 AM
They need to trade Boozer sorry *** for one.

quade36
07-15-2012, 09:03 AM

well they aren't trolling.. at least thats one positive and mature thing about them

:rolleyes:

Badluck33
07-15-2012, 09:09 AM
I heard rose is regressing in rehab. He is now eating out of a straw and being taught how to chew again.

Ladies Man
07-15-2012, 09:15 AM
You say there not going to the playoffs without Rose? Maybe, but I think they will. But trading Deng eliminates any shot of going to the playoffs

theheatles
07-15-2012, 09:34 AM
Bulls realized they aren't winning in the next 2 yrs so they are going with a 4-5 yr plan

BoSox47
07-15-2012, 09:39 AM
You say there not going to the playoffs without Rose? Maybe, but I think they will. But trading Deng eliminates any shot of going to the playoffs

Bulls right now are probably a 5-6th seed without drose, Tibs is a great coach and you guys still have a great defensive team. Bulls are thin at the pg position, cj watson was serviceable for the bulls with rose out but still only shot .368 from the field, so he isnt to hard to replace.

I can see the bulls pulling out a 5th-6th spot ahead of the knicks,nets,orlando(who finished 5th and wont make playoffs most likely), and bucks

BcEuAbRsS
07-15-2012, 09:52 AM
Bulls realized they aren't winning in the next 2 yrs so they are going with a 4-5 yr plan

So what's the plan for the third year?

jp611
07-15-2012, 10:11 AM
What are the Knicks doing is the question?

theheatles
07-15-2012, 10:19 AM
So what's the plan for the third year?

acquire more talent and come together as a team and then prepare for a run in 4 yrs

flclfanman
07-15-2012, 11:57 AM

That team had the best record AGAIN with Rose missing half of the season.

Let's recap:

Hinrinch=Watson and in 2 years, Teague>>>both. Watson is quicker, but Hinrinch has better D and a jumpshot.

It sucks that we let Korver go but it looks like we'll get at TPE and a second rounder for him when we weren't going to sign him anyway.

Butler>>>Brewer. Has Ronnie's D and has more offensive potential.

Asik and Gibson should stay put as well. Nevermind the fact out starting line is EXACTLY the same as it was last year.

We'll compete this year, maybe not for a chip, but to say we'll miss the playoffs is laughable.

THE_G.O.A.T.
07-15-2012, 12:20 PM
They probably won't win a game this year. I think Rose is done, he's too old now and not that athletic...

but seriously, what do you want them to do? There are virtually no impact players available, unless you want to trade the entire roster for one year of a pouty Dwight Howard. They don't have a lot of cash until they amnesty Boozer and trade either Noah or Deng. If people really think Watson, Brewer, and Korver were going to be the difference in this team making the finals then you are basketball retards.

I'd be much more dissapointed in the Bulls if they made a bunch of knee jerk reaction moves because of the Rose injury, and mortgaged the teams future to try and win this season.

fadedmario
07-15-2012, 12:22 PM
They need to get Mayo.

THE_G.O.A.T.
07-15-2012, 12:24 PM

This is probably the worst post of all time on PSD. If there was a wall of hater shame this would be darn near the top.

justinnum1
07-15-2012, 12:25 PM
What are the Knicks doing is the question?

great question

THE_G.O.A.T.
07-15-2012, 12:25 PM
They need to get Mayo.

For what? He's not getting the Bulls past the Heat. They need to dump as much salary as possible for a big move next offseason.

fadedmario
07-15-2012, 12:26 PM
For what? He's not getting the Bulls past the Heat. They need to dump as much salary as possible for a big move next offseason.

Because outside of Rose - their roster is kinda gross looking.

justinnum1
07-15-2012, 12:27 PM

this, they need a second all star,(a legit all star, not deng)

THE_G.O.A.T.
07-15-2012, 12:31 PM

So what, they are not beating the Heat this season. Your missing the point. Why would you use all your cap space to make a move that won't get you any closer to a world title. Bulls fans need to accept the fact that they are not winning it all this year, that dream ended when Rose went down. GarPax will not make any moves that gets them there

Sly Guy
07-15-2012, 12:32 PM

dude the flurry in your sig is no joke. Hooooooly ****!

KnicksR4Real
07-15-2012, 12:34 PM
Hinrich is a better player & fit for the Bulls than Watson, and will make less than Watson was going to had the Bulls picked up his option.

Butler is already a better player than Brewer. Not quite the stout defender, but definitely a future all-defense type of player while having the ability to develop an offensive game. Not to mention, he's due to make $3,303,080 less than Ronnie Brewer was going to make had the Bulls picked up Ronnie's $4.37M option. And he's under a contract for the Bulls for the next three seasons.

Teague is infinitely better than JLIII & Mike James. Plus he'll cost half the money JLIII would get (assuming he makes vet min and not more). He's under team contract & has room to improve and is great value at #29.

So, how are the Bulls not doing well this off-season? Plus you mention that they "let Watson, Korver, etc" go but then go to mention that they "didn't trade Deng for a lottery pick." Sorta disagrees with your notion of annoying Rose huh? :rolleyes:

Dude in no way have the Bulls improved. Watson took the minimum in Brooklyn, cheapest you can get.

KnicksR4Real
07-15-2012, 12:34 PM
great question
Do you like the Knicks or something?

THE_G.O.A.T.
07-15-2012, 12:36 PM
You all are missing the point, the Bulls don't need to improve this offseason. THEY NEED TO DUMP SALARY!! Why is this so hard for everyone to understand.

lilojmayo
07-15-2012, 12:43 PM
oj going to be a chi or phx this time next week all other teams he is trolling

effen5
07-15-2012, 12:48 PM
Dude in no way have the Bulls improved. Watson took the minimum in Brooklyn, cheapest you can get.

Except if we picked up watson's option it would have been more then the vets minimum.

Dear god some of you guys are uninformed.

InRoseWeTrust
07-15-2012, 02:02 PM
Lol this is such a troll thread. Some of these comments are hilarious.

Blitzbolt
07-15-2012, 02:15 PM
So sad they have the most overpaid player in NBA history in Boozer.Who ever got Boozer in chicago needs to be fire.

TheRunKiller
07-15-2012, 02:24 PM
They need to get Mayo.

Yep that would put them over the top

jp611
07-15-2012, 02:26 PM

this, they need a second all star,(a legit all star, not deng)

Mayo would thrive next to Rose, he could be a top 5 SG in the league in the bulls system, he was poorly utilized in Memphis

jp611
07-15-2012, 02:28 PM
So sad they have the most overpaid player in NBA history in Boozer.Who ever got Boozer in chicago needs to be fire.

:laugh:

Not even close, look no further then amare stoudemire, joe Johnson, etc.... Boozers contract isn't even that bad, look around the league

bearadonisdna
Bulls already upgraded their starting PG, who has value as a bench contributor when Rose comes back.

Bulls are looking to get leaner and meaner. U can tell a lot of guys in this thread are hating.
They are mad they blew their load the first day in FA and got no more moves left and the Bulls are still in the mix.

thekmp211

can we put a stop to this mods? he is burying the forum in troll threads. this is ****ing ridiculous. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

bearadonisdna
07-15-2012, 02:32 PM
:laugh:

Not even close, look no further then amare stoudemire, joe Johnson, etc.... Boozers contract isn't even that bad, look around the league

Exactly. Boozer is at least a threat for a double double any given night.
Brook lopez has a max contract and wouldnt get a double-double if you spotted him a double. (3 rebs per game)

bearadonisdna
07-15-2012, 02:34 PM
can we put a stop to this mods? he is burying the forum in troll threads. this is ****ing ridiculous. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

This guy is right.

Linkels
07-15-2012, 02:36 PM

What I said.. I think the better thread would be what Jason Kidd is doing and the despite making multiple moves every off season they are always a sub .500 team.

rubx3
07-15-2012, 03:14 PM
sign derek fisher and a couple of d-league players and call it a night

Chronz
07-15-2012, 06:49 PM

gross has a +.600 winning % ???

jp611
07-15-2012, 06:50 PM
gross has a +.600 winning % ???

Also let's not act like Deng, Boozer and Noah are bad players... I mean they are all very good players, the Bulls just need a playmaker who can create some offense for this team... The Bulls roster is far from "gross"

Blitzbolt
07-15-2012, 06:52 PM
To me Carlos Boozer is the worst human to ever play the game of Basketball.

I'm 6'0 FT and I'm pretty sure I'm more of a threat for a daily double double then him.I'm not a Bulls hater at all but the Bulls won't win with him.

Gibson is easily better.

Hoopin&Swoopin
07-15-2012, 06:53 PM
Also let's not act like Deng, Boozer and Noah are bad players... I mean they are all very good players, the Bulls just need a playmaker who can create some offense for this team... The Bulls roster is far from "gross"

They're still a really scary team assuming Rose can return to form. However, it would have been nice to see them add a some more pieces to their roster.

I do like Hinrich over Watson though but losing Korver hurts.

jp611
07-15-2012, 06:58 PM
They're still a really scary team assuming Rose can return to form. However, it would have been nice to see them add a some more pieces to their roster.

I do like Hinrich over Watson though but losing Korver hurts.

Losing Korver will be a blow, I agree, but considering we're going to get a 5.1 million TPE (hopefully used to acquire Mayo or Lee) and a 2nd round pick on top of that is a pretty damn good trade... It's 2012, people are really overstating ACL injuries and their impact on players (not saying you are one of them)... And people jump to conclusions way too early during the offseason... I mean it's like 10 days into free agency, the Bulls always work slowly during this time because they are looking to get the best deal out there

JayHunter
07-15-2012, 08:52 PM
They are preparing for the future. Why bring everyone back and pay a tax penalty when they wont win anything anyway. Even tho D Rose might come back next year, he still want be at full speed until 2013/14

Pierzynski4Prez
07-15-2012, 09:05 PM
This thread is just based on so much stupidity. People need to actually think more about what they are typing.

Pierzynski4Prez
07-15-2012, 09:08 PM

How did they get worse? If they lost a guy who signed elsewhere for the cheapest you can get, how does that make them worse?

Pierzynski4Prez
07-15-2012, 09:15 PM
To me Carlos Boozer is the worst human to ever play the game of Basketball.

I'm 6'0 FT and I'm pretty sure I'm more of a threat for a daily double double then him.I'm not a Bulls hater at all but the Bulls won't win with him.

Gibson is easily better.

15ppg/8.5rpg in under 30 minutes per game on .532% shooting, yes that is the worst to ever play the game. I'm sure at 6'0, you're easily a 20/10 guy per night.

waveycrockett
07-15-2012, 09:20 PM
Bulls lost Korver, Aseik, Brewer, Watson and Rose blew out his knee. Id like to see them make moves because depth was huge for them

jp611
07-15-2012, 09:23 PM
Bulls lost Korver, Aseik, Brewer, Watson and Rose blew out his knee. Id like to see them make moves because depth was huge for them

Asik will be retained
Brewer will be replaced by Jimmy Butler who will do just fine as his replacement and is cheaper and IMO better because he has offensive abilities that Brewer doesnt
Watson is being replaced by Kirk Hinrich and Hinrich is just a better fit at PG on this team
Korver we lost but we are likely receiving a 2nd round pick and a 5.1 million TPE that could be used to acquire OJ Mayo or Courtney Lee
Rose did tear his ACL but he will be back after the All Star Break most likely and the Bulls have enough to stay competitive during that time

WackoMacko
07-15-2012, 09:26 PM
Im sick of people ripping on Boozer, yes he is overpaid but he is not terrible. He would also have a lot of tick time for pretty much any team in the NBA

Blitzbolt
07-15-2012, 09:36 PM
Im sick of people ripping on Boozer, yes he is overpaid but he is not terrible. He would also have a lot of tick time for pretty much any team in the NBA

Not for teams who want to win a ring.

Draco
07-15-2012, 09:47 PM
Doug Thonus has a nice series of articles and podcasts discussing what he thinks the Bulls are doing.

http://www.chicagonow.com/chicago-bulls-confidential

D12 fan
07-15-2012, 09:49 PM
The Bulls are tanking,bye Watson/Hamilton/Korver/JL3.They even had Noah/Deng on the block for lottery picks.They cleary want to cut salary and wait till 2014 when Rose is fully healthy.

xxcubs22xx
07-16-2012, 12:08 AM
LOL some of the comments in this thread are straight ludicrous.

And Boozer had a good season last year. I think he finished something like 13th in scoring efficiency or something. He can produce. Just needs some work on his defense

Losoway
07-16-2012, 12:16 AM
they are tanking ... have to be because i dont see them winning over 30 games next season

Purugskid
07-16-2012, 01:08 AM
they are tanking ... have to be because i dont see them winning over 30 games next season

Oh boy...

Vincent
07-16-2012, 01:57 AM

well, you're wrong.

Losoway
07-16-2012, 02:04 AM
well, you're wrong.

Please bookmark PLEASE

the bulls starting lineup is terrible without rose and you dont even have watson no more

:facepalm::facepalm:

cubbies7177
07-16-2012, 02:30 AM
Please bookmark PLEASE

the bulls starting lineup is terrible without rose and you dont even have watson no more

losing watson makes us better... the guy was a trash pg. he was a sg stuck in a pg's body... couldnt penetrate the paint whatsoever. constantly ran the shot clock down and took terrible shots... OH, and he lost us the sixers series by passing to asik (50% FT) instead of holding it for himself.... ]

anyone that actually watches the bulls would know that JLIII and Watson were terrible PG's.. not necessarily terrible scorers (AT TIMES...), but terrible PG's... coudlnt distribute and were so freakin' streaky

Iceman_9
07-16-2012, 06:16 AM
The bulls are doing..... Nothing..

Badluck33
07-16-2012, 07:12 AM

i agree. with Rose eating from a straw now and boozer bound to some sort of premeditated injury and the complications that will happen during Luol Dengs surgery and Noah who will never return from his ankle injury(should probably retire) and Rip Hamilton who isn't getting any younger and Coach Thibs who probably wont get a contract extension and a missing Watson- who was the father, son and holy spirit of this team- i dont think Bulls win 29 games.

Shammyguy3
07-16-2012, 07:26 AM

Prove it.

i agree. with Rose eating from a straw now and boozer bound to some sort of premeditated injury and the complications that will happen during Luol Dengs surgery and Noah who will never return from his ankle injury(should probably retire) and Rip Hamilton who isn't getting any younger and Coach Thibs who probably wont get a contract extension and a missing Watson- who was the father, son and holy spirit of this team- i dont think Bulls win 29 games.

I think Charlotte and Chicago will be battling for HCA in the off-season.

Bulls_fan90
07-16-2012, 07:27 AM
Not for teams who want to win a ring.

:laugh2: Says the Memphis fan...

Doug Thonus has a nice series of articles and podcasts discussing what he thinks the Bulls are doing.

http://www.chicagonow.com/chicago-bulls-confidential

Cliffs?

justinnum1
07-16-2012, 09:08 AM
Prove it.

I think Charlotte and Chicago will be battling for HCA in the off-season.

until they add a 40%+ 3pt shooter i think they took a step back.

also if they dont match asik(which i think they will) it will be a big loss imo. asik is a top defensive center with nice upside

effen5
07-16-2012, 09:27 AM
Please bookmark PLEASE

I feel like I've heard this before last year and bulls keep proving peoe wrong.

Bulls_fan90
07-16-2012, 09:45 AM

also if they dont match asik(which i think they will) it will be a big loss imo. asik is a top defensive center with nice upside

So if they replace Korver with Mayo they took a step back? Extremely flawed argument.

For the record I don't expect us to land Mayo, however I'd love Courtney Lee.

justinnum1
07-16-2012, 09:52 AM
So if they replace Korver with Mayo they took a step back? Extremely flawed argument.

For the record I don't expect us to land Mayo, however I'd love Courtney Lee.

I said until they replace korver they have taken a step back. If they dont get either of those guys and just add hinrich and redd do you think they improved, stayed the same, or took a step back?

He115ing
07-16-2012, 09:59 AM

Dude, you are the obvious troll. I have been asking myself the same questions as OP. Bulls are not doing much at all to try to imrove their team.

ddhulett
07-16-2012, 10:02 AM
Obviously without Rose the team won't be what they should but sometimes the teams that stand pat aka Spurs and OKC are the ones that have the best chemistry etc and do well anyway. We will see but not too many moves to be made out there they just need Rose to be healthy.

New CBA some teams are adjusting to and they could be what Chicago is doing as well.

Joker55
07-16-2012, 10:09 AM
I kinda feel for the Bulls fans now. No Rose, team has gotten worse thus far, stuck with Boozer, lost a solid player in Watson.

The fact that they lost their only 3 PT threat is big in itself, not too mention Asik may not be coming back either.

Vincent
07-16-2012, 10:19 AM
lol why are people talking like losing CJ Watson is a big deal?

the guy really wasn't that good. he was a serviceable guy at backup Point. But there's a reason why the Bulls didn't even think about bringing him back (and why he was signed for the minimum).

Hinrich is a major upgrade from Watson, and Teague might prove to be too.

The Bulls are slightly worse than last year as constructed, but as soon as they get a new big to fill in Asik's spot and a new shooter to fill Korver's spot, they're basically the same team from last year.

Pierzynski4Prez
07-16-2012, 10:21 AM

I said until they replace korver they have taken a step back. If they dont get either of those guys and just add hinrich and redd do you think they improved, stayed the same, or took a step back?

I find it ironic that after the 2011 playoffs you bashed Korver for his play against the Heat, yet now the Bulls won't be near the same without him.

Pierzynski4Prez
07-16-2012, 10:24 AM
Please bookmark PLEASE

It's so terrible that their winning % last year without Rose would have gotten them the 2nd seed in the Eastern Conference behind Miami. .667 Wining %, better than Indy, Boston, and everybody else in the EC.

I love the people who act like CJ Watson is some savior. He's so good, he had to sign for the vet minimum elsewhere.

justinnum1
07-16-2012, 10:24 AM
I find it ironic that after the 2011 playoffs you bashed Korver for his play against the Heat, yet now the Bulls won't be near the same without him.

He was awful in the playoffs but guys still have to guard him and he provides much needed spacing. Until the bulls get another top 10 3pt shooter they will be easier to defend. nice try.

BullySixChicago
07-16-2012, 10:27 AM

Why would you a New York fans give a rats azz about what the Bulls do?

Joker55
07-16-2012, 10:30 AM
He was awful in the playoffs but guys still have to guard him and he provides much needed spacing. Until the bulls get another top 10 3pt shooter they will be easier to defend. nice try.

Chicago can lose anyone and still be a contender, didn't you know?

Pierzynski4Prez
07-16-2012, 10:30 AM

Didn't know that having a top 10 3pt shooter is now a requirement in the league to be successful. I guess OKC should just give it up now. LA shouldn't waste their time going after Dwight, because it won't matter without that top 10 3 point shooter.

Southsideheat
07-16-2012, 10:31 AM

c'mon, Korver couldn't even get on the floor against the Heat, something a lot of people predicted. He's a one-trick pony who is valuable in the regular season, but isn't dynamic enough to be out there when it counts.

Pierzynski4Prez
07-16-2012, 10:33 AM

They haven't lost anyone from their starting lineup yet, they've essentially replaced Watson and Brewer already, once they match Asik, they'll still have one of the deepest front courts in the league, and now have regained their ability to sign someone at the Mini MLE. They also still have one of the best coaches in the league. Explain further where this huge drop off is going to come from.

Pierzynski4Prez
07-16-2012, 10:34 AM
c'mon, Korver couldn't even get on the floor against the Heat, something a lot of people predicted. He's a one-trick pony who is valuable in the regular season, but isn't dynamic enough to be out there when it counts.

Don't bother. He'll just respond to you with "They still need another star." I think that is about 15k of Justin's 40k posts.

Muttman73
07-16-2012, 10:38 AM
I guess my question is why does a Knick fan care, much less create a thread about ehat the Bulls are doing ???

I'm not really sure what they have in mind either, but cutting Watson/Brewer doesn't really faze me much. They have cap issues so...

Next year will be interesting, could be good, could be bad.

justinnum1
07-16-2012, 10:48 AM
That seems to be how it is.

Didn't know that having a top 10 3pt shooter is now a requirement in the league to be successful. I guess OKC should just give it up now. LA shouldn't waste their time going after Dwight, because it won't matter without that top 10 3 point shooter.
Nash is a top 10 3pt shooter. And KD is the best shooter/scorer in the game.

You will find out next season the spacing issues you will have without a legit 3pt scoring threat on the floor. And i dont consider mayo a very good 3pt shootert

kntresistheheat
07-16-2012, 10:52 AM
The bulls lost half of their bench. They kept them in the game and won them those games. The starting 5 except rose (injured) won't barely win them any games.

Kirk
???
Deng
Loser
Noah

Bench:
Gibson

I was more afraid of their bench than their starting 5.

Pierzynski4Prez
07-16-2012, 11:00 AM
The bulls lost half of their bench. They kept them in the game and won them those games. The starting 5 except rose (injured) won't barely win them any games.

Kirk
???
Deng
Loser
Noah

Bench:
Gibson

I was more afraid of their bench than their starting 5.

If you are more afraid of CJ Watson, Brewer, and Kyle Korver than the Bulls starting 5, then that just says right there about your knowledge of the NBA.

Add in Asik to your bench there, Jimmy Butler, Hamilton, Kirk once Rose is back, as well as our 1st round draft pick.

Heater4life
07-16-2012, 11:02 AM
Unlike many here, I respect the Bulls. I think their a gritty hard nosed bunch who will always be in the mix as long as Rose is healthy. The question with Chicago is, while teams like Miami, New Jersey, Indiana, New York, Boston added new pieces to the puzzle what has Chicago done to compete with these improvements.

Although Hinrich is a minor improvement, its a bit of a lateral move imo barring the loses of Brewer, Watson, and Korver. I hope they are able to sign Lee and or Mayo. It'll definitely make things interesting out east.

Pierzynski4Prez
07-16-2012, 11:04 AM
That seems to be how it is.

Nash is a top 10 3pt shooter. And KD is the best shooter/scorer in the game.

You will find out next season the spacing issues you will have without a legit 3pt scoring threat on the floor. And i dont consider mayo a very good 3pt shootert

Nash shot 39% last year and hasn't been in the top 10 since 2009-10. By your logic that is not good enough for this upcoming season for LA to contend.

Pierzynski4Prez
07-16-2012, 11:07 AM
Unlike many here, I respect the Bulls. I think their a gritty hard nosed bunch who will always be in the mix as long as Rose is healthy. The question with Chicago is, while teams like Miami, New Jersey, Indiana, New York, Boston added new pieces to the puzzle what has Chicago done to compete with these improvements.

Although Hinrich is a minor improvement, its a bit of a lateral move imo barring the loses of Brewer, Watson, and Korver. I hope they are able to sign Lee and or Mayo. It'll definitely make things interesting out east.

Toss in the fact that Tom Thibodeau is their coach and they will most likely always be in the mix. They aren't good enough to get to the finals, but definitely contend in the conference.

There are still plenty of decent players available that will easily fill the roles of the Korver/Watson/etc., and the bulls just made a move that re-opens up the cap space they had for this offseason, yet everybody wants to make their judgements right now.

kntresistheheat
07-16-2012, 11:09 AM
If you are more afraid of CJ Watson, Brewer, and Kyle Korver than the Bulls starting 5, then that just says right there about your knowledge of the NBA.

Add in Asik to your bench there, Jimmy Butler, Hamilton, Kirk once Rose is back, as well as our 1st round draft pick.

What does having fear about the bench has to do with knowledge of the game? If you watched any of the bulls game, you will clearly see that the bench won lots of games for the bulls and even when rose was not hurt! The bulls had the deepest bench besides the spurs. Everyone was saying they were the most complete team. They provided something that the starting couldn't, defense and scoring. So yes, brewer, Watson, Lucas, Gibson, kover, Asik VERY SCARY bench. WAS!

Joker55
07-16-2012, 11:11 AM

OKC has an elite offense, Chicago does not, therefore it's more important for the Bulls to have a 3 PT threat.

Chicago is a fantastic defensive team, but as of now that hasn't been enough because their offense has yet to be good enough.

Joker55
07-16-2012, 11:12 AM

No one is more afraid of them, but they were important in terms of depth and minutes, particularly with Rose being out.

Pierzynski4Prez
07-16-2012, 11:22 AM
What does having fear about the bench has to do with knowledge of the game? If you watched any of the bulls game, you will clearly see that the bench won lots of games for the bulls and even when rose was not hurt! The bulls had the deepest bench besides the spurs. Everyone was saying they were the most complete team. They provided something that the starting couldn't, defense and scoring. So yes, brewer, Watson, Lucas, Gibson, kover, Asik VERY SCARY bench. WAS!

Because you make this assumption that the bulls will have this huge drop off. They will still bring back every starter once Rose is playing. What happens in the playoffs? A heat fan of all should know that rotations get heavily reduced.

Still have Asik, still have Gibson. Brewer got dumped because we already have Jimmy Butler to replace his minutes for much cheaper who gives the same level of play. CJ Watson has been replaced by Hinrich, who helps us out more since he is a combo guard and can play the 2 when Rose is back, something CJ could not do. The only thing yet to be replaced is Korver. The bulls still have their Mini MLE to sign somebody now. You should wait until that is taken care of before passing your judgement.

Pierzynski4Prez
07-16-2012, 11:23 AM
No one is more afraid of them, but they were important in terms of depth and minutes, particularly with Rose being out.

I understand that, but it's not like we've lost all those guys and replaced them with nothing or D-League players.

Heater4life
07-16-2012, 11:29 AM
Because you make this assumption that the bulls will have this huge drop off. They will still bring back every starter once Rose is playing. What happens in the playoffs? A heat fan of all should know that rotations get heavily reduced.

Still have Asik, still have Gibson. Brewer got dumped because we already have Jimmy Butler to replace his minutes for much cheaper who gives the same level of play. CJ Watson has been replaced by Hinrich, who helps us out more since he is a combo guard and can play the 2 when Rose is back, something CJ could not do. The only thing yet to be replaced is Korver. The bulls still have their Mini MLE to sign somebody now. You should wait until that is taken care of before passing your judgement.

This.

effen5
07-16-2012, 11:38 AM

Pretty much summed it up.

RC3
07-16-2012, 11:41 AM
If the bulls had another star, then they would be really good. I'd say they should tank and get a top 5 pick.

Joker55
07-16-2012, 11:50 AM
I understand that, but it's not like we've lost all those guys and replaced them with nothing or D-League players.

Fair enough.

jp611
07-16-2012, 11:52 AM
If the bulls had another star, then they would be really good. I'd say they should tank and get a top 5 pick.

If the Knicks had another 3 stars maybe they'd finally make it out of the bottom of the eastern conference, they should tank for the next 3 seasons and get top 5 picks

thenaj17
07-16-2012, 11:52 AM

You have to be kidding right?

Bulls will win minimum 41 games next season. They were top seed for ages with Rose out. All they lost was a poor PG and a shooter. There's still time to add someone like Courtney Lee aswell.

effen5
07-16-2012, 11:53 AM
Fair enough.

Everybody we lost have been replaced by someone either younger or better.

The only loss thats going to hurt a lot is Kyle Korver.

ddhulett
07-16-2012, 11:58 AM
I kinda feel for the Bulls fans now. No Rose, team has gotten worse thus far, stuck with Boozer, lost a solid player in Watson.

The fact that they lost their only 3 PT threat is big in itself, not too mention Asik may not be coming back either.

why feel sorry for them? they didn't feel sorry for the Nets who have a total of 58 wins in the last 3 years...Bulls had 62 in 2010.

ThePooH_1_
07-16-2012, 11:59 AM
Everybody we lost have been replaced by someone either younger or better.

The only loss thats going to hurt a lot is Kyle Korver.

But if we get Mayo than we are much better :D

effen5
07-16-2012, 12:01 PM
lol why are people talking like losing CJ Watson is a big deal?

the guy really wasn't that good. he was a serviceable guy at backup Point. But there's a reason why the Bulls didn't even think about bringing him back (and why he was signed for the minimum).

Hinrich is a major upgrade from Watson, and Teague might prove to be too.

The Bulls are slightly worse than last year as constructed, but as soon as they get a new big to fill in Asik's spot and a new shooter to fill Korver's spot, they're basically the same team from last year.

CJ played extremly poor last year. I think people forget, JL3 started a handful of games either. Hinrich is better than both.

RC3
07-16-2012, 12:10 PM
If the Knicks had another 3 stars maybe they'd finally make it out of the bottom of the eastern conference, they should tank for the next 3 seasons and get top 5 picks

:(

Gritz
07-16-2012, 12:25 PM
Team sucks

The End

Stinkyoutsider
07-16-2012, 12:27 PM
I can't see how the Bulls get past Miami without getting a 2nd player on Rose's level or at least a player to attack the rim. Deng used to attack the rim on a regular basis (creates open shots for other players) but he because a jump shooter after last season.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rose wasn't mad at all though. He seems like he's a loyal guy to his teammates. Rose doesn't go recruiting like some of the other star players. If those players want to come to Chicago, that's great. If not, Rose doesn't need them...

Southsideheat
07-16-2012, 12:28 PM
Korver's minutes against Miami in the playoffs : 16, 17, 10, 16, 13

Not to mention an embarrassing charge attempt on Lebron.

It's just a bad argument.

scaramantula
07-16-2012, 12:52 PM
this is a dumb thread, what the bulls are ding is waiting, biding there time till rose comes back, why completly change the look of your team cause one guys going to be injured, if they cant saty competitive without rose how are they going to win a championship with him

ChicagoJ
07-16-2012, 02:58 PM
I made a post about this in another thread, but the bulls aren't looking at just next season. People need to realize it isn't all about next year with young team like the bulls. I'm not a GM so I don't know if what they are doing is good or bad, only time will tell. But, I'm pretty sure they are willing to take a step back next season if it pays off in some way in the future.

jp611
07-16-2012, 03:00 PM
Trying to acquire OJ Mayo

bearadonisdna
07-16-2012, 03:27 PM
Trying to acquire OJ Mayo

And maybe someone else.

Atl Bill
07-16-2012, 03:45 PM
need a big to replace asik defensive presence. his numbers weren't all that great, but the energy he brought was another story. yeah they took 1 step back, but next years free agency they could take 2 steps forward.

smiddy012
07-16-2012, 03:49 PM
Best thread in the world by the best thread starter in the world. I wish all you posters would take a page out of his book, then we'd have hundreds of team specific threads in the main on a daily basis!

sixers247
07-16-2012, 04:02 PM
What a waste of time reading this thread. Some logical responses but the nonsense surrounding it clouded my mind. I think the Bulls will stick around even without Rose. Their defense is insane and IMo losing Watson was a definite upgrade. The best i think they could do is a second round lose without Rose but they won't be the worst team like some are saying because they lost Kyle ****ing Korver who is easily the worst defender in the league.

DeyAce
07-16-2012, 04:05 PM
What a waste of time reading this thread. Some logical responses but the nonsense surrounding it clouded my mind. I think the Bulls will stick around even without Rose. Their defense is insane and IMo losing Watson was a definite upgrade. The best i think they could do is a second round lose without Rose but they won't be the worst team like some are saying because they lost Kyle ****ing Korver who is easily the worst defender in the league.

I believe Boozer takes that honor

Snakeyestx
07-16-2012, 04:45 PM
I believe Boozer takes that honor

No way... that title clearly belongs to Houston's Kevin Martin - master flopper, terrible defender.

But honestly... there seems to be a LOT of die-hard Bulls fans here... I have to ask :

Will your FO match on Asik or what?
One Derrick Rose does not a Chicago Bulls team make - remember the playoffs two seasons ago and the obvious lack of cohesion without Rose on the floor. Double-team defenses killed his output and there was no one really for the second scoring option to pick up the slack. Are you pinning your hopes on one guy for a third season in a row or will you shore up the alternatives and announce a hard push for Mayo or someone else?
What happened to Chicago's interest in Courtney Lee?

bearadonisdna
07-16-2012, 04:53 PM
No way... that title clearly belongs to Houston's Kevin Martin - master flopper, terrible defender.

But honestly... there seems to be a LOT of die-hard Bulls fans here... I have to ask :

Will your FO match on Asik or what?
One Derrick Rose does not a Chicago Bulls team make - remember the playoffs two seasons ago and the obvious lack of cohesion without Rose on the floor. Double-team defenses killed his output and there was no one really for the second scoring option to pick up the slack. Are you pinning your hopes on one guy for a third season in a row or will you shore up the alternatives and announce a hard push for Mayo or someone else?
What happened to Chicago's interest in Courtney Lee?

Ok. Asik hasnt signed an offer sheet. Its been said bulls will match but nothing to even match yet. Bulls tanking is just wishful thinking from east would-be contenders. Bulls have contacted lee and mayo and are trying to upgrade the sg position. FA is not that old and the bulls once seen as inactive are currently very active,

Bulls_fan90
07-16-2012, 09:06 PM

:facepalm: Learn how to read your own posts. They don't have to replace Korver and his shooting if they land a better all round player. And that is now possible with the trade exception they received from the trade.

JordansBulls
07-17-2012, 11:22 AM
Honestly I think the Bulls should have traded for Joe Johnson this offseason. He was clearly available. I just don't see any other star player out there that the Bulls can get now. I know most Bulls fans are going to say his contract was bad which is true, but realistically we probably wouldn't get another star until by the time his contract is up anyway, so why not just go for him in the meantime and have a lineup of Rose, JJ, Deng, Boozer, Noah.

justinnum1
07-17-2012, 11:27 AM
Honestly I think the Bulls should have traded for Joe Johnson this offseason. He was clearly available. I just don't see any other star player out there that the Bulls can get now. I know most Bulls fans are going to say his contract was bad which is true, but realistically we probably wouldn't get another star until by the time his contract is up anyway, so why not just go for him in the meantime and have a lineup of Rose, JJ, Deng, Boozer, Noah.

There isn't one. Bulls will just wait and hope a star wants to come to chicago in 2 or 3 years.

dhopisthename
07-17-2012, 11:32 AM

unless the bulls were willing to pay a ridicoulous amount of lux tax then they shouldn't have traded for jj. I think what the bulls are doing makes a ton a sense. save a few bucks this year while rose recovers and then add a few guys next year when he should be full healthy. Also, one dimensional players like korver and brewer are tough to leave on the floor. They server their purpose in the regular season, but if you have a weakness on the floor in the playoffs teams with exploit it.

Pierzynski4Prez
07-17-2012, 11:44 AM

Do you know how much money that lineup would cost? 76 million just between those 5 players. Put that at 80 mil the following year. Then you still need to put 10 other players on your roster. That in no way was ever going to happen.

JordansBulls
07-17-2012, 11:53 AM
Do you know how much money that lineup would cost? 76 million just between those 5 players. Put that at 80 mil the following year. Then you still need to put 10 other players on your roster. That in no way was ever going to happen.

That is the problem with an owner like Reinsdorf. Give us Mark Cuban or Paul Allen, they wouldn't give a ****.

scutch11
07-17-2012, 11:56 AM
Rose missed half the season last year and they still finished with the number 1 seed in the east. The Bulls will be fine, at least until the playoffs start.

cubbies7177
07-17-2012, 11:59 AM
Wow. I am so fed up with this organization.

They aren't that stupid, as they continually set themselves up to make big moves (i.e. clearing space for LBJ/Wade/Bosh and making room for OJ Mayo), but they are just terrible at recruiting, and I really don't think you can blame that on Rose not recruiting.

This is just a joke. Unless Dallas offered some obscene amount of money, OJ would have gotten 30+ mpg, plenty of shooting opportunities with Rose out and even with Rose in - we have desperately needed that 2nd shot creater, and long-term potential to play with a winning organization that needs a solid 2 to help put them over the edge.

So, what does Dallas have? Aging Dirk - who has already given up it seems - Elton Brand, DCollison. Seriously? They look better than before.... but seriously? This guy got sold so quickly... BECAUSE MARK CUBAN CAN F*CKING CONVINCE MOTHERF*CKERS THAT IT'S A GOOD IDEA. While the Bulls just remain secretive and don't really "go after" anybody.

I'm so sick of Bulls fans sucking the tit of the Bulls FO. Let's be real.

1. They don't make moves - especially trades. They are too afraid to give up what they have. In many cases, this is smart, but you HAVE to take calculated risks. Buy low on players like OJ MAYO, and have trust in your organization to develop the guy better than the Grizzlies.

2. They don't know how to sell Chicago. I feel like I could sell this city better than they could... We have an incredibly loyal fan base. The United Center is sold out even in bad years. It's a big market city with plenty of potential to gain a name for yourself in the actual world and NBA world. Is it that the coach is too much of a stickler? Is it that the FO is really that incapable? What is it?!?!

Phenomenonsense
07-17-2012, 12:01 PM

Lmao come back at mid season :facepalm:

Phenomenonsense
07-17-2012, 12:04 PM

They aren't that stupid, as they continually set themselves up to make big moves (i.e. clearing space for LBJ/Wade/Bosh and making room for OJ Mayo), but they are just terrible at recruiting, and I really don't think you can blame that on Rose not recruiting.

This is just a joke. Unless Dallas offered some obscene amount of money, OJ would have gotten 30+ mpg, plenty of shooting opportunities with Rose out and even with Rose in - we have desperately needed that 2nd shot creater, and long-term potential to play with a winning organization that needs a solid 2 to help put them over the edge.

So, what does Dallas have? Aging Dirk - who has already given up it seems - Elton Brand, DCollison. Seriously? They look better than before.... but seriously? This guy got sold so quickly... BECAUSE MARK CUBAN CAN F*CKING CONVINCE MOTHERF*CKERS THAT IT'S A GOOD IDEA. While the Bulls just remain secretive and don't really "go after" anybody.

1. They don't make moves - especially trades. They are too afraid to give up what they have. In many cases, this is smart, but you HAVE to take calculated risks. Buy low on players like OJ MAYO, and have trust in your organization to develop the guy better than the Grizzlies.

2. They don't know how to sell Chicago. I feel like I could sell this city better than they could... We have an incredibly loyal fan base. The United Center is sold out even in bad years. It's a big market city with plenty of potential to gain a name for yourself in the actual world and NBA world. Is it that the coach is too much of a stickler? Is it that the FO is really that incapable? What is it?!?!

Loyal fanbase you say? Have you ever been to the Bulls forum? Every single player on their team is the best and worst player EVER in EVERY game. Seems very fickle to me.

IronMan21
07-17-2012, 12:06 PM
theyll still make the playoffs, thibs will fiind a way

Pierzynski4Prez
07-17-2012, 12:06 PM
That is the problem with an owner like Reinsdorf. Give us Mark Cuban or Paul Allen, they wouldn't give a ****.

Not even those teams would role out a starting 5 that costs that much. You're looking at 5 guys averaging 15 mil a year, 3 of whom have been somewhat injury prone as of late. That's before you even start to assemble a bench.

Lmao come back at mid season :facepalm:

Don't know why you facepalm, when you have an equal chance of looking just as stupid. They were just fine last year without Rose in setting themselves up for the playoffs. 18-9 without Rose is no fluke.

dhopisthename
07-17-2012, 12:09 PM

even cuban and allen won't be paying the new luxury tax fees that are about to start rolling in. it is no longer dollar for dollar on the luxury tax it will now increase every 5 mill you are over from 1 to 1.25 to 1.5 and so on

jp611
07-17-2012, 12:12 PM
Jerry Reinsdorf... This team will always be handcuffed as long as he owns the Bulls

cubbies7177
07-17-2012, 12:31 PM
Loyal fanbase you say? Have you ever been to the Bulls forum? Every single player on their team is the best and worst player EVER in EVERY game. Seems very fickle to me.

The Bulls forum has a lot of different personalities... That's why.

Some people look at statistics. Some people watch the 10 games we have on ESPN for the season and make drastic overstatements. It seems fickle because the diversity of the people in the forum.

When I say the fan base is loyal, I mean that they support the team no matter what. They show up to games. They talk about the Bulls all the time - wether it is good or bad. I'm just frustrated... I can't stand:

1. The obscene amount of vaginal fluids pouring out of Gar/Paxon's vajajay's at every trade deadline, at any point when they could take a chance and make an upgrade

2. Their complete inability to sell this team that has an incredible coach with a great big-market city behind it. I just don't know how they got their jobs. I have a degree from a Top 5 school in the country, how do I get an analyst job there? How do I climb up? I just can't stand for this bullsh*t. I love this team way too much to just let it sink to mediocrity because Gar/Paxon haven't grown a pair. SO F*CKING FRUSTRATING.

cubbies7177
07-17-2012, 12:34 PM
even cuban and allen won't be paying the new luxury tax fees that are about to start rolling in. it is no longer dollar for dollar on the luxury tax it will now increase every 5 mill you are over from 1 to 1.25 to 1.5 and so on

I don't know if I like this new luxury tax... What does it do exactly?

1. Richest owners literally couldn't give 2 sh*ts about money and are willing to spend the max they can regardless of the cap.

2. Jewish/Stingy teams won't EVER cross the cap unless they are getting a 2nd all-star

3. Small market teams will avoid cap at all costs....

So, really it just rewards teams who have owners who don't give a *****.

JordansBulls
07-17-2012, 01:19 PM
Player 2012/2013
Joe Johnson $19,752,645
Kirk Hinrich $3,000,000
Carlos Boozer $15,000,000
Luol Deng $13,365,000
Joakim Noah $11,300,000
Derrick Rose $15,506,632
Ronnie Brewer $4,370,000
Omer Asik $2,321,875
Taj Gibson $2,155,811
Jimmy Butler $1,066,920
John Lucas III N/A
Brian Scalabrine N/A
$87,838,883

I'd assumme trading Rip, Korver, CJ Watson and filler for Joe Johnson

Pierzynski4Prez
07-17-2012, 01:27 PM
Player 2012/2013
Joe Johnson $19,752,645
Kirk Hinrich $3,000,000
Carlos Boozer $15,000,000
Luol Deng $13,365,000
Joakim Noah $11,300,000
Derrick Rose $15,506,632
Ronnie Brewer $4,370,000
Omer Asik $2,321,875
Taj Gibson $2,155,811
Jimmy Butler $1,066,920
John Lucas III N/A
Brian Scalabrine N/A
$87,838,883

I'd assumme trading Rip, Korver, CJ Watson and filler for Joe Johnson

That is the QA for Omer, and it appears that's not going to happen. It will probably cost 5 mill. So you're already now at 90 mil. Add in over a mil for Scal and JLIII. Also Rose is 16.4 next year, not 15.5. If you think Reinsdorf would ever pay over 90 mil in salary, you are delusional. We would be lucky to hit 70.

Phenomenonsense
07-17-2012, 04:50 PM
Not even those teams would role out a starting 5 that costs that much. You're looking at 5 guys averaging 15 mil a year, 3 of whom have been somewhat injury prone as of late. That's before you even start to assemble a bench.

Don't know why you facepalm, when you have an equal chance of looking just as stupid. They were just fine last year without Rose in setting themselves up for the playoffs. 18-9 without Rose is no fluke.

I wasn't facepalming because he thought the bulls could make the playoffs, I'm facepalming as the fact that he thinks Rose is going to be back this season.

faze38
07-17-2012, 04:54 PM
No it's not, he's asking a legitimate question.

Tell us, what is your team actually doing.

They got Captain Kirk, great. What else? :confused:

I can tell u what they are doing they are preparing to tank. I mean they are pulling what the spurs did in the 90s. Rose there best player is down they brought in some youth and skill in Teague. There still gonna have Deng and if he so much as bruises a bone they will sit him. Rip should be next and after that they will end up with a lotto pick to put next to Rose. It is a smart plan because if u can't win a ring in that year u might as well improve anyway u can.

Nighthawk
07-17-2012, 05:07 PM

WHAT??? What makes you think Dirk has given up? As far as im concerned Dirk is still unguardable. Brand can more than help give him some rest as well. Collison, Marion, Carter, Wright, Mayo, and Roddy is also a nice group of role players. Dont act like picking Dallas over Chicago is some travesty. I dont think Dallas is gunna be as bad as everyone believes to think.

BoozerYells
07-17-2012, 05:19 PM
dirk can probably play until hes 50 if he wanted to. even without any lift in his legs, a 7 footer with a deadly fadeaway who can also shoot the three ball will find space on somebody's roster.

smith&wesson
07-17-2012, 05:33 PM

deng, boozer, & rip can all be replaced imo. noah and rose are the only players they can build around imo. getting another young talented player in that core couldnt hurt.. maybe they should trade players mentions above for future picks and put some talented youth around rose when he returns. :shrug:

Joker55
07-17-2012, 05:34 PM
^ That

Pierzynski4Prez
07-18-2012, 12:19 AM
I wasn't facepalming because he thought the bulls could make the playoffs, I'm facepalming as the fact that he thinks Rose is going to be back this season.

Didn't know he wasn't. All reports so far say mid season, but you must be close to Derrick and know when he'll actually get on the court again.

Losoway
07-18-2012, 02:22 AM
dirk can probably play until hes 50 if he wanted to. even without any lift in his legs, a 7 footer with a deadly fadeaway who can also shoot the three ball will find space on somebody's roster.

yea he doesnt play any defense . so he sure can

justinnum1
07-18-2012, 10:44 AM
I was impressed with jimmy butler in that summer league game last night, i think he will be an improvement over brewer, thibs just needs to play him.

Joker55
07-18-2012, 11:49 AM
What were his numbers? 25 and 7?

He's better than Ronnie.