PDA

View Full Version : Kyrie has fractured bone in hand

Arch Stanton
07-14-2012, 10:47 PM
@JasonLloydABJ: Kyrie Irving has a fractured bone in his right hand, will need surgery and miss summer league.

asandhu23
07-14-2012, 10:48 PM
uncle drew is falling apart.

Arch Stanton
07-14-2012, 10:50 PM
“@JasonLloydABJ: Irving is flying back to Cleveland tomorrow, is expected to miss 6 to 8 weeks. Should be healthy for the start of training camp”

TeamSeattle
07-14-2012, 10:52 PM
Out 6-8 weeks WOW!!

Arch Stanton
07-14-2012, 10:52 PM
“@JasonLloydABJ: Irving was upset with himself after turning the ball over in practice, smacked his hand into the padding of the ... http://t.co/AV6DRE6z”

b@llhog24
07-14-2012, 10:53 PM
:(

b@llhog24
07-14-2012, 10:54 PM
@JasonLloydABJ: Irving was upset with himself after turning the ball over in practice, smacked his hand into the padding of the ... http://t.co/AV6DRE6z

What did he smack his hands into?

Arch Stanton
07-14-2012, 10:56 PM
What did he smack his hands into?

Apparently he smacked the padding on wall because he was upset with himself for turning over ball. Padding was thinner than thought. Sounds like an Amare injury.

STL Don
07-14-2012, 10:58 PM
Karma for thinking the Mamba would even forego his time. :rolleyes:

Joking aside, hope he's okay. He's the type who goes hard and from time to time injures himself.
Just the type a' cat he is.

Arch Stanton
07-14-2012, 10:59 PM
“@JasonLloydABJ: Irving: "I’m a little disappointed for a freak accident like that. I have to be more responsible about my health. ... http://t.co/YisBlIN6”

Ezio
07-14-2012, 11:06 PM
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
Cavs say Kyrie fractured hand by slapping the padding on gym wall at practice. Cavs say initial projection to return start of training camp

seikou8
07-14-2012, 11:06 PM
What ups with player in the the wall or fire extinguishers IS IT FUN

StarvingKnick22
07-14-2012, 11:07 PM
motha ****in kobe injures another rookie...

the_color_finn
07-14-2012, 11:10 PM
Can't tell you how many times I've punched wooden walls, bricks, concrete walls, steel whatever out of anger, as hard as I could too, never once broke anything, bruised my hand, hurt for a week or so, felt like an idiot afterwards, guess its just luck of the draw, what a bummer tho...

Kyrie reminds me of Ken Griffey, getting freak injuries like he's just got a string of bad luck, hope he comes back stronger...

Cavs_Fan24
07-14-2012, 11:11 PM
Hopefully he takes his time coming back and fully recovers. Nothing to play for atm, health is most important.

If he smacked his hand against the padding out of frustration i would imagine it was his shooting hand, but do we know for sure which hand ?

theheatles
07-14-2012, 11:12 PM
he's afraid of the mamba

Arch Stanton
07-14-2012, 11:14 PM
Hopefully he takes his time coming back and fully recovers. Nothing to play for atm, health is most important.

If he smacked his hand against the padding out of frustration i would imagine it was his shooting hand, but do we know for sure which hand ?

Right hand

Tmath
07-14-2012, 11:15 PM
Dude needs to drink more milk

Arch Stanton
07-14-2012, 11:16 PM
Kyrie Irving will need surgery on his right hand and will miss the Cavs' summer league after fracturing a bone near his pinkie during Saturday's morning practice. He is expected to miss 6 to 8 weeks, but should be healthy for the start of training camp.
View Larger Version >>
LAS VEGAS: Kyrie Irving will miss the summer league season after fracturing his a bone in his right hand during the Cavs’ morning practice on Saturday. He is flying back to Cleveland on Sunday and will need surgery to repair the break. He is expected to miss six to eight weeks, but should be healthy for the start of training camp in October.

Irving was upset with himself after turning the ball over in practice and he smacked his hand into the padding on the wall. The padding was thinner than he thought, he said, but it didn’t hurt right away and he kept playing. Then his hand was hit again a few minutes later and he took himself out.

“I’m a little disappointed for a freak accident like that,” Irving said. “I have to be more responsible about my health. It was crazy. It happened so fast. That thing I did, hitting the padding on the wall, I’ve done it so many times. This time it was just a freak accident.”

It’s a disappointing blow to the start of a summer schedule that was brimming with optimism. Irving played with the U.S. Select team last week and had been looking forward to participating in summer league since the middle of last season.

He led the Cavs in scoring, but missed a total of 14 games last season with a concussion, shoulder injury and illness. He also missed most of his only season in college with a toe injury.

“It’s not bad luck. I’ve done a few things in that time between me getting hurt,” Irving said. “It’s not bad luck, it just happens. Plays happen. They’re uncontrollable.”

The Cavs haven’t had any discussions about replacing him on the summer league roster. They still have Donald Sloan and T.J. Campbell as pure point guards and Dion Waiters has experience handling the ball, too.

Arch Stanton
07-14-2012, 11:18 PM

Losoway
07-14-2012, 11:24 PM
uncle drew :(

b@llhog24
07-14-2012, 11:27 PM
Apparently he smacked the padding on wall because he was upset with himself for turning over ball. Padding was thinner than thought. Sounds like an Amare injury.

Kyrie you can't be doing this **** man. :mad:

Arch Stanton
07-14-2012, 11:33 PM
Kyrie you can't be doing this **** man. :mad:

He'll be good for training camp. At least he didn't headbutt the wall like Gus Frerotte. Then again he's been injured a few times over that past two years. I hope he doesn't turn into Cleveland's new Grady Sizemore. It seems like a lot of top PGs get injured a lot. Look at Rose and CP3.

sharqstealth
07-14-2012, 11:36 PM
Very Amare-like! lol! Now, what's up with these player's smacking hard objects

b@llhog24
07-14-2012, 11:39 PM
He'll be good for training camp. At least he didn't headbutt the wall like Gus Frerotte. Then again he's been injured a few times over that past two years. I hope he doesn't turn into Cleveland's new Grady Sizemore. It seems like a lot of top PGs get injured a lot. Look at Rose and CP3.

Yea I know he's gonna be okay, I hate to see players get injured in general but when your favorite player gets injured, it's about time for a rant.

yojoe792
07-14-2012, 11:42 PM
Classic excuse. If he doesnt want to play Kobe 1 on 1 he shoukd tell him straight up.

BuddhaMONK
07-14-2012, 11:55 PM
damn United staters are weak, you people drop like flies.

airforceones25
07-15-2012, 12:00 AM
Man this kid is injury prone! John Wall would have been a better fit for the select team! JK

Cue the Blake Griffin haters in 3...2...1

NYK4L
07-15-2012, 12:10 AM
Very Amare-like! lol! Now, what's up with these player's smacking hard objects

True, but it's still way worst during the playoffs :mad:

Yanks All Day
07-15-2012, 12:40 AM
Sad to see the injury happen now as a basketball fan because of all the recognition he's getting, and deservedly so. He's well on his way to becoming a big time star in the NBA and a top PG.

But if you're a Cavs fan, it's no big deal. He'll be ready by training camp and definitely by the season's start. Broken bones don't really linger. Torn ligaments do. Once he's healed up, he'll be back on the court. Rooting for Kyrie.

Arch Stanton
07-15-2012, 12:45 AM
Sad to see the injury happen now as a basketball fan because of all the recognition he's getting, and deservedly so. He's well on his way to becoming a big time star in the NBA and a top PG.

But if you're a Cavs fan, it's no big deal. He'll be ready by training camp and definitely by the season's start. Broken bones don't really linger. Torn ligaments do. Once he's healed up, he'll be back on the court. Rooting for Kyrie.

Let's hope. Our last #1 pick never got injured. I think he was made of titanium.

Arch Stanton
07-15-2012, 12:56 AM
“@KyrieIrving: Freak accident smh...all this”

MrfadeawayJB
07-15-2012, 01:07 AM
Karma for thinking the Mamba would even forego his time. :rolleyes:

Joking aside, hope he's okay. He's the type who goes hard and from time to time injures himself.
Just the type a' cat he is.

what i thought

MadBomber
07-15-2012, 01:39 AM
hope he fully recovers in time for the start of the new season.

Avenged
07-15-2012, 01:41 AM
Just trying to back out from going up against Kobe. :p

dtmagnet
07-15-2012, 02:29 AM
Damn, Kyrie is in the running for my favorite player hope he gets better quickly.

cbreezy34
07-15-2012, 02:44 AM
I feel sooooooooooo bad for Kyrie. He is such a great young kid and to have another freak accident aww man its tough to take. If that ******* Matt Howard didn't break his foot Duke most likley has 5 ncaa titles and not 4. Heres to wishing to a quick recovery.

numba1CHANGsta
07-15-2012, 02:49 AM
Kobe must be saying "that was close" lol

Vinny642
07-15-2012, 05:00 AM
That is extremely unfortunate

3ballbomber
07-15-2012, 06:19 AM
If he was upset w/ himself for a TO he woulda been PISSED for smacking the padding and fracturing his hand.

Get that hand fixed and get back on the court son!

MTL_123
07-15-2012, 09:18 AM
CLEVELAND -- Kyrie Irving, the NBA's reigning rookie of the year, broke his right hand during the Cavaliers' practice on Saturday in Las Vegas.

Irving will return to Cleveland to be examined by team doctors Sunday and said he likely will undergo surgery. The Cavs said in a release Saturday night that they expect Irving, their leading scorer last season who recently dazzled during scrimmages against the U.S. Olympic team, to be ready for the start of training camp in late September. However, the team said it will not have a timeline for Irving's return until after he is examined.

The team said Irving injured his hand slapping the padding on a wall at the team's practice site. The injury occurred after Irving committed a turnover toward the end of the morning practice. Irving was in Las Vegas practicing with Cleveland's summer league team.

I am a little disappointed. I have to be more responsible about my health. It was just crazy. It happened so fast.
” -- Cavs guard Kyrie Irving

"It was just a freak accident," said Irving, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2011 draft.

Irving's injury is a tough blow for the 20-year-old, who recently wowed observers during workouts against the American team headed to the London Games. Irving also had made headlines by challenging Kobe Bryant to a game of 1-on-1 with the loser promising to pay $50,000 to the winner's charity -- a video of Bryant and Irving engaging in trash talk has become a hit on the Internet.

"I am a little disappointed," Irving told reporters. "I have to be more responsible about my health. It was just crazy. It happened so fast."

Irving averaged 18.5 points, 5.4 assists and 3.7 assists last season and proved to be worthy of the top pick. He has given the Cavaliers and their fans reason to believe the franchise can return to prominence following the painful departure of LeBron James.

Irving missed 14 games last season with injuries. He sat out 10 games with a shoulder injury, three with a concussion and one when he was ill. Irving played in just 11 games as a freshman at Duke because of a serious foot injury.

Link to related story: http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--kyrie-irving-breaks-hand--expected-to-have-surgery.html

IndyRealist
07-15-2012, 09:25 AM
Kobe would play through it.

Kerv_the_Knick
07-15-2012, 09:31 AM
That sucks. Hope that he has a speedy recovery. Dude has the potential to be great

Chavacano
07-15-2012, 10:06 AM
Irving averaged 18.5 points, 5.4 assists and 3.7 assists last season and proved to be worthy of the top pick. He has given the Cavaliers and their fans reason to believe the franchise can return to prominence following the painful departure of LeBron James.

WTF?! :speechless:

Bornknick73
07-15-2012, 10:20 AM
My first thought was "Damn Kobe whupped his *** like that?"

Supa
07-15-2012, 10:56 AM
"The padding, apparently, accepted Irving's challenge and won."

---

kevinzpe
07-15-2012, 11:01 AM
http://www.vvio.info/jpg1That sucks. Hope that he has a speedy recovery. Dude has the potential to be great
Hope that he has a speedy recovery.

Hellcrooner
07-15-2012, 11:45 AM
Rubio: Challenges kobe for the olympics
Result: Blown Knee
Irving: Challenges Kobe to a 1 on 1 game
REsult: Blown Hand.

Damm, when did kobe visit haiti?

fadedmario
07-15-2012, 12:24 PM
Irving is a stud be the kid sure get's hurt alot.

Chavacano
07-15-2012, 01:37 PM
Rubio: Challenges kobe for the olympics
Result: Blown Knee
Irving: Challenges Kobe to a 1 on 1 game
REsult: Blown Hand.

Damm, when did kobe visit haiti?

You don't mess with the Black Mamba 'cause he's cursed. :cool: