PDA

View Full Version : Back keeps Gonzalez out again

RedSoxtober
07-14-2012, 06:35 PM
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. ' Adrian Gonzalez felt fine when he worked out with the Red Sox on Thursday night at Tropicana Field. A routine trip to the mall on Friday changed that.

Gonzalez was getting a cup of coffee at the International Plaza in Tampa when he bent over to say hello to a child in a stroller. That's when he felt his lower back lock up.

'I have no idea how it happened,' said Gonzalez, who has never had back problems before. 'It was something I've done a million times.'

Gonzalez tried to play on Friday but was scratched from the lineup an hour before first pitch. He is out again tonight with the Red Sox starting Brett Lillibridge at first base against the Rays.

Bobby Valentine said it was 'real doubtful' that Gonzalez would play on Sunday afternoon. The manager is considering using David Ortiz at first base as a way to improve the lineup. The alternative would be starting Lillibridge again, or Nick Punto.Boston Globe

BradytoGronkTD
07-14-2012, 07:50 PM
Oh boy, well he gets a pass because he's been out there every day producing or not.

1_FrozenNetsFan
07-14-2012, 10:49 PM
^I totally agree^

Shaiza
07-15-2012, 12:40 AM
I've had back pain for a long time now and I have no idea how it happened either. It's a tricky issue. Hopefully he'll be out there playing again soon.