PDA

View Full Version : JJ: "Nets are best team in NY"

justinnum1
07-14-2012, 03:41 PM
Before the pep rally — which was relatively tame compared to the Miami Heat trio's coming-out party two years ago, although the Brooklyn version did include streamers and a party van — Johnson also declared victory when asked which team is best in New York.

“Definitely Nets,” Johnson said. “Brooklyn Nets.”

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/19585074/joe-johnson-says-nets-are-the-best-team-in-new-york-king-says-backcourt-better-than-lakers

There are going to be some great battles between those 2 teams.

torocan
07-14-2012, 03:44 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/19585074/joe-johnson-says-nets-are-the-best-team-in-new-york-king-says-backcourt-better-than-lakers

There are going to be some great battles between those 2 teams.

Troll post.

What did you think he was going to say?

JJ: OMG, the Knicks ROCK! We suck!

Waste of a thread.

_Supreme_
The actual games played will have to determine who is the better team, but this sure as hell will be a very interesting & entertaining rivalry.

Chronz
Unless amare reverts to form, hes right

TeamSeattle
07-14-2012, 03:46 PM
The only thing the Nets have over us is a better backcourt. Our frontcourt will still dominate them on a nightly basis.

Cromedome
07-14-2012, 03:47 PM
Johnson also declared victory when asked which team is best in New York.

Johnson: We'll try to give it our best but hands down....the Knicks are clearly the better team.

Later, at the pep rally ........ BOOOOOOOOO F.U. JOE!!!!! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

KniCks4LiFe
07-14-2012, 03:47 PM
that whole rally was about getting on the Knicks nerves. This is gonna be a heated rivalry. I think this is the next Pacer/Knicks of the NBA.

SouthSideRookie
07-14-2012, 03:49 PM
This isn't going to end well.

justinnum1
07-14-2012, 03:50 PM
It's going to be great, the knicks are strong where the nets are weak and the nets are strong where the knicks are weak.

b@llhog24
unless amare reverts to form, hes right

+1

RonE Coleman
that whole rally was about getting on the Knicks nerves. This is gonna be a heated rivalry. I think this is the next Pacer/Knicks of the NBA.

Giada.... uhhhh Boner!

marj987
07-14-2012, 03:53 PM
Here we go....

Chavacano
07-14-2012, 03:54 PM
Games have to be played first but it's the politically right thing to say. :shrug:

The 6-4-3
07-14-2012, 03:55 PM
Neither NY team is going to win a title in the next 10 years...

Chill_Will_24
07-14-2012, 03:55 PM
It's going to be great, the knicks are strong where the nets are weak and the nets are strong where the knicks are weak.

I wouldnt call the Nets weak where the Knicks are strong. The only area they have on us is PF but Amare is regressing. Lopez always hands it to Chandler when they meet and Wallace is not exactly a bad player. I actually think the only thing Melo does better than Wallace is score.

Knicks are better at PG though and only haters would disagree with that. Germy Lint iz duh best PG in da leaguez and he will lite up da Mecca!!!

Chill_Will_24
07-14-2012, 03:57 PM
Bold statement by JJ but i agree that they need to play before they can claim anything.

Vinny642
07-14-2012, 03:57 PM
Tool bag

knicksfan42
07-14-2012, 03:58 PM

I hate Amare, but I suspect he'll play a bit better than he did last season, probably more in line with his typically 20 and 8 on 50% shooting and a mediocre TRR%.

As for the Nets, if their front court remains Mizra/Evans-Lopez I'm not too worried. Horrendous defense, easily worst in the league. With Evans they may not be the worst rebounding team, but they will be near the bottom.

Atl Bill
07-14-2012, 03:58 PM
Avery johnson made the comments dumbass not JJ

Rockice_8
07-14-2012, 03:59 PM
Breakng News: A player who plays on a team thinks that his team is good and talks good about them. :cool:

wake me up when the season starts. Nice bait thread by the Heat fan.

nicegoing
07-14-2012, 03:59 PM
This would have been news if he said the team he wasn't on.

Atl Bill
07-14-2012, 04:00 PM
espn wrote the article, and they asked avery johnson, EPIC FAIL THAT CBS WOULD USE HIM NAME!

Kashmir13579
07-14-2012, 04:01 PM

********. That aint the deciding factor.

Hawkeye15
he is probably right. Amare would need a big bounceback year for the Knicks to continue the claim of best team in NYC.

utl768
thats pretty obvious

knicksfan42
Bold statement by JJ but i agree that they need to play before they can claim anything.

I actually disagree. He was asked which team he thought was the best in New York I mean what's he supposed to say.

RonE Coleman
Comparable starting 5's but I'd still give the Knicks the edge on starters. And so far the Nets bench is no where near the Knicks bench.

Knicks > nets

Rockice_8
07-14-2012, 04:02 PM
I hate Amare, but I suspect he'll play a bit better than he did last season, probably more in with his typically 20 and 8 on 50% shooting and a mediocre TRR%.

As for the Nets, if their front court remains Mizra/Evans-Lopez I'm not too worried. Horrendous defense, easily worst in the league. With Evans they may not be the worst rebounding team, but they will be near the bottom.

They weren't the worst in the league with a Petro starting but nice try though. Petro makes Lopez look like the Admiral on D. Hump will be back as well, the Nets can pay him the most and will. Nets perimeter D >>>>>> Knicks

DeyAce
07-14-2012, 04:03 PM
If they get Howard then they are. Deron is overrated and Johnson isn't the all star player he once was

RonE Coleman
07-14-2012, 04:04 PM
he is probably right. Amare would need a big bounceback year for the Knicks to continue the claim of best team in NYC.

LMAO.... I love how people buy into the medias ********.... Amare put up the same numbers as Chris Bosh but no one complains about him. I understand Bosh is a better defender but the notion that Amare is finished is ********.

b@llhog24
07-14-2012, 04:05 PM
I wouldnt call the Nets weak where the Knicks are strong. The only area they have on us is PF but Amare is regressing. Lopez always hands it to Chandler when they meet and Wallace is not exactly a bad player. I actually think the only thing Melo does better than Wallace is score.

Knicks are better at PG though and only haters would disagree with that. Germy Lint iz duh best PG in da leaguez and he will lite up da Mecca!!!

If Lopez hands it to Chandler, what do you call what Lin did to Deron?

b@llhog24
07-14-2012, 04:06 PM
LMAO.... I love how people buy into the medias ********.... Amare put up the same numbers as Chris Bosh but no one complains about him. I understand Bosh is a better defender but the notion that Amare is finished is ********.

Its because Amare is supposed to eat second.

knicksfan42
07-14-2012, 04:07 PM
They weren't the worst in the league with a Petro starting but nice try though. Petro makes Lopez look like the Admiral on D. Hump will be back as well, the Nets can pay him the most and will. Nets perimeter D >>>>>> Kincks

You were the 2nd worst defense last season after Charlotte. Your team doesn't have a single decent front court defender. If you do resign Humphries you'll be fine on the boards, but your interior D will still suck.

As for the perimeter. Shumpert, Smith, and Kidd are all good-great defenders. Lin has defended well some games and badly other games, I'm going to peg him at below average-average right now.

Chill_Will_24
If Lopez hands it to Chandler, what do you call what Lin did to Deron?

You mean this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwWVdWtvVTI

Gagan136
Haha what did u guys expect him to say?

Hawkeye15

I don't buy into the media dude, I think for myself....

Who said he was finished? But if he doesn't return to being an elite PF offensively, the Nets simply have more talent from top to bottom in my opinion, assuming Lopez has a healthy year.

Lakerhead4ever
07-14-2012, 04:08 PM
JJ speaks for the very first time..lol i swear i hardly ever heard him speak.

Sadds The Gr8
07-14-2012, 04:08 PM
hes right

Kashmir13579
07-14-2012, 04:09 PM
All this talk of Amar'e needs to revert to form. How about JJ needs to play like a max player for the first time in his career. How about that? Hoopleheads, man. If Nets got Dwight, this is a conversation.

Chill_Will_24
07-14-2012, 04:09 PM
You were the 2nd worst defense last season after Charlotte. Your team doesn't have a single decent front court defender. If you do resign Humphries you'll be fine on the boards, but your interior D will still suck.

As for the perimeter. Shumpert, Smith, and Kidd are all good-great defenders. Lin has defended well some games and badly other games, I'm going to peg him at below average-average right now.

Smith is a good defender? News to me and Shumpert.... :injury:

Hawkeye15
07-14-2012, 04:11 PM
All this talk of Amar'e needs to revert to form. How about JJ needs to play like a max player for the first time in his career. How about that? Hoopleheads, man. If Nets got Dwight, this is a conversation.

I am assuming JJ plays exactly like he has when I make my guess.

If the Nets had gotten Dwight, or do in the future, this isn't a conversation dude, depending on what gets sent away for him, and even then, most likely not.

knicksfan42
Smith is a good defender? News to me and Shumpert.... :injury:

Smith is a good defender. As for Shumpert he's out until January, but he'll be back.

Kashmir13579
But if he doesn't return to being an elite PF offensively, the Nets simply have more talent from top to bottom in my opinion, assuming Lopez has a healthy year.

I disagree. The Knicks have talent and depth. People need to accept that Amar'e will never be a 25 ppg guy playing with 'Melo. He's not going to be "elite" in your sense of the word.

Defense will be likely be the deciding factor in which team is better, not whether or not Amar'e plays like he did in Phoenix.

Kashmir13579
07-14-2012, 04:12 PM
I am assuming JJ plays exactly like he has when I make my guess.

If the Nets had gotten Dwight, or do in the future, this isn't a conversation dude, depending on what gets sent away for him, and even then, most likely not.

meh.

RonE Coleman
07-14-2012, 04:13 PM

Who said he was finished? But if he doesn't return to being an elite PF offensively, the Nets simply have more talent from top to bottom in my opinion, assuming Lopez has a healthy year.

Absolutely not

KniCks4LiFe

Shumpert is out till atleast late January, Smith is a good defender, a bone head but good, Kidd is not checking people consistantly at 40. There will be a drop off there. Johnson and Deron are good defenders and top 5-10 in pretty much anything from a backcourt. Joe Johnson and Deron Williams vs JR Smith and Jeremy Lin... IDK how to sway that in our favor. There's just no realistic/logical way to.

justinnum1

Bosh puts up the same numbers as a 3rd option. Amare is supposed to be the knicks 2nd option.

Chill_Will_24

Just because a player is overpaid doesnt make him a bad player. Your argument is pointless and stupid. So Tyson Chandler sucks because he doesnt play like the contract he got? Most players in the NBA are overpaid, i hope you know that.

Lin just got a huge paydau based on 20something games.

Melo gets a max to play inefficient offense and defense when he feels like it.

Amare... uhhh yea... lets not talk about money.

Joe Johnson is NOT a bad player. Just overpaid. Him being overpaid holds no weight on this conversation since the Nets are willing and able to pay whatever the hell it takes.

Chill_Will_24
07-14-2012, 04:16 PM
Smith is a good defender. As for Shumpert he's out until January, but he'll be back.

By January the teams in question could look considerably different. By then the Nets might finally have Dwight since they can trade Lopez and this conversation is over.

BTW i dont think the Nets get Howard i am just speaking hypothetically since you are too.

Kashmir13579
Just because a player is overpaid doesnt make him a bad player. Your argument is pointless and stupid. So Tyson Chandler sucks because he doesnt play like the contract he got? Most players in the NBA are overpaid, i hope you know that.

Lin just got a huge paydau based on 20something games.

Melo gets a max to play inefficient offense and defense when he feels like it.

Amare... uhhh yea... lets not talk about money.

Joe Johnson is NOT a bad player. Just overpaid. Him being overpaid holds no weight on this conversation since the Nets are willing and able to pay whatever the hell it takes.
My argument is that Joe Johnson has never been that good. Seems pretty valid to me.

Chavacano

You severely underrate Anthony.

Bosh's the better, well-rounded player. Stoudamire's game relies on athleticism (albeit with a decent mid-range jump shot) which is clearly deteriorating. It's not all about the numbers.

Hawkeye15
I disagree. The Knicks have talent and depth. People need to accept that Amar'e will never be a 25 ppg guy playing with 'Melo. He's not going to be "elite" in your sense of the word.

Defense will be likely be the deciding factor in which team is better, not whether or not Amar'e plays like he did in Phoenix.

He doesn't need to play like he did in Phoenix, he needs to learn to play a role that allows him to still be a big factor in games, whether that means becoming a better rebounder, or finally caring on defense. Lopez, before his mono and his injuries, showed he was very, very good offensively, and though Wallace is a bit older, he is still a very versatile defender and rebounder. JJ is ridic overpaid, THE most overpaid star, but he will still get 18 a night on a PER around 19, and you have Deron, who finally has health and weapons around him, so expect a bounceback year.

If the Nets suffer injuries up front or to Deron, the Knicks are easily better, even though the depth you speak of I don't necessarily agree with because your best perimeter defender and bench player in Shumpert is about to basically have a lost season. I know you believe in Lin, but his role is going to be changed, and he started turning the ball over at his usual high rate after that dream 2 weeks, which kills offensive efficiency on the offensive end. Kidd is a whatever addition, he is nearly toast. Smith is fine, but he isn't a game changer night in and night out.

I honestly think both these teams make the playoffs, somewhere in the #5-7 area, but I think the Nets win a few more games total throughout 82, assuming both teams stay fairly healthy.

Rockice_8

Gong from J-Will, Hump, Petro and Sheldon to Hump, Lopez, Teletovic and Evans is an upgrade. Lopez's size alone will improve the interior D with his shot blocking and length contesting shots. Nobody on the team last year was a real shot blocking threat, Lopez is.

JR is not a good/great defender (never heard anyone ever refer to JR as that). He can be when he tries I guess. Kidd was a great defender (a few years ago) he's not anymore. Shump is out until the end of January.

Nets will be a middle of the pack defensive team. Just by scoring the ball better will improve their D since they will be able to set up on D more often.

Hawkeye15
07-14-2012, 04:17 PM
Absolutely not

are you going to provide insight or continue to look like a raging homer?

Chill_Will_24
07-14-2012, 04:18 PM
My argument is that Joe Johnson has never been that good. Seems pretty valid to me.

Joe Johnson is not a good player? That seems valid to you?

A player that is not good in relation to his contract now means he is not good at all. THAT is your argument? ;) Check.

RonE Coleman
07-14-2012, 04:18 PM
Bosh puts up the same numbers as a 3rd option. Amare is supposed to be the knicks 2nd option.

Irrelevant. The Knicks have more guys whose job is to put the ball in the hole. The heat have the big 3 and Chalmers every now and then.

The Knicks have Melo Amare JR Lin and both Novak and Tyson scoring 10 points a game. Plus we had no point guard for half the season. Everyone knows amare excels in the pick and roll.

oak2455
07-14-2012, 04:20 PM
Quick question beside Amares who has the second worst contract in the NBA?? JJ does .... Allday everyday!!!

RonE Coleman
are you going to provide insight or continue to look like a raging homer?

Not a raging homer at all. It's not like I think the Knicks are the best team in the league.

The nets roster simply just does not impress me. They will be pitiful on defense and if they do not bring Hump back there rebounding will be pitiful as well. Teams will abuse them on the inside. Lopez can score but his rebounding is worse then Amares ( sad I know) and his D is awful as well.

The Knicks at least have Chandler and Camby now to hide Amares flaws on D.

knicksfan42
Shumpert is out till atleast late January, Smith is a good defender, a bone head but good, Kidd is not checking people consistantly at 40. There will be a drop off there. Johnson and Deron are good defenders and top 5-10 in pretty much anything from a backcourt. Joe Johnson and Deron Williams vs JR Smith and Jeremy Lin... IDK how to sway that in our favor. There's just no realistic/logical way to.

Kidd is still good not as good as he used to be, but still good. I heard that James White guy is a good defender too, but that remains to be seen. I don't think we have a better backcourt or even a better defensive back court I just don't think its >>>>>>>>>>>> better defensively. And our front court is much better defensively. Adding Camby is huge for us. In the end perimeter D is important, just not as important as the interior d. We were a top 5 defense last season and I expect to be around that this season.

Hawkeye15
07-14-2012, 04:21 PM

A player that is not good in relation to his contract now means he is not good at all. THAT is your argument? ;) Check.

Johnson really isn't that good. Sure he is a nice complimentary SG who can score in a few different ways, but he routinely shrinks in the playoffs, and his contract is ridiculous to the point where it hurts his organization.

marj987
07-14-2012, 04:21 PM

What does that have to do with playing as a team and winning games?

Kashmir13579
07-14-2012, 04:23 PM
He doesn't need to play like he did in Phoenix, he needs to learn to play a role that allows him to still be a big factor in games, whether that means becoming a better rebounder, or finally caring on defense. Lopez, before his mono and his injuries, showed he was very, very good offensively, and though Wallace is a bit older, he is still a very versatile defender and rebounder. JJ is ridic overpaid, THE most overpaid star, but he will still get 18 a night on a PER around 19, and you have Deron, who finally has health and weapons around him, so expect a bounceback year.

If the Nets suffer injuries up front or to Deron, the Knicks are easily better, even though the depth you speak of I don't necessarily agree with because your best perimeter defender and bench player in Shumpert is about to basically have a lost season. I know you believe in Lin, but his role is going to be changed, and he started turning the ball over at his usual high rate after that dream 2 weeks, which kills offensive efficiency on the offensive end. Kidd is a whatever addition, he is nearly toast. Smith is fine, but he isn't a game changer night in and night out.

I honestly think both these teams make the playoffs, somewhere in the #5-7 area, but I think the Nets win a few more games total throughout 82, assuming both teams stay fairly healthy.
Ill-informed. Lin turned the ball over most during those "dream 2 weeks", my dude. It was when his role changed and everyone came back that his TOs didn't look bad at all.

And i hate to do this, but i gotta put this TO talk to rest. Things aren't that bad like poeple think. While having a ridiculously high usg% and playing crazy minutes, nights where he had 10 TOs and nights where he had 1 TO, Lin still turned the ball over less than Rubio, per 100 possessions. Enough is enough.

Chill_Will_24
07-14-2012, 04:23 PM
Quick question beside Amares who has the second worst contract in the NBA?? JJ does .... Allday everyday!!!

I agree. Johnson DOES indeed have the SECOND worst contract in the league.

KniCks4LiFe
07-14-2012, 04:24 PM
Kidd is still good not as good as he used to be, but still good. I heard that James White guy is a good defender too, but that remains to be seen. I don't think we have a better backcourt or even a better defensive back court I just don't think its >>>>>>>>>>>> better defensively. And our front court is much better defensively. Adding Camby is huge for us. In the end perimeter D is important, just not as important as the interior d. We were a top 5 defense last season and I expect to be around that this season.

Kidd is ok. Lets not over do this. James White is an "if" and he's at best a bench player. Camby is another "if" he has to stay healthy for all the depth we gave up. Just being honest here, we have alot of "ifs"

justinnum1
07-14-2012, 04:25 PM
What does that have to do with playing as a team and winning games?

Someone was comparing amare to bosh saying they put up the same numbers. While true, they put up similar numbers amare is the knicks 2nd option and is needed to provide more offense. Melo is taking way to many shots on that team, wouldn;t be such an issue if he was efficient. I would say we can blame the pg for that but melo relies way to much on inefficient iso plays, something that is a woodson specialty.

JerseysFinest
I'm assuming this thread is just reiterating the fact that the Nets vs. Knicks rivalry will be very interesting. What Joe said was what everyone expected him to say, but no one knows what'll actually happen until the players hit the court. Deron Williams said exactly that, nothing is decided until games are actually played.

Hawkeye15
Ill-informed. Lin turned the ball over most during those "dream 2 weeks", my dude. It was when his role changed and everyone came back that his TOs didn't look bad at all.

And i hate to do this, but i gotta put this TO talk to rest. Things aren't that bad like poeple think. While having a ridiculously high usg% and playing crazy minutes, nights where he had 10 TOs and nights where he had 1 TO, Lin still turned the ball over less than Rubio, per 100 possessions. Enough is enough.

His usage dropped, hence turnovers went down. They are still a problem he has, as well as going left. I hope the kid plays well, but you are really putting your eggs in the basket with this guy Kash.

Speaking of Rubio, in the 2nd half of the game we played, Rubio made him go left and he did nothing. The more teams play him, the more his flaws will emerge.

Kashmir13579
07-14-2012, 04:27 PM

You hear what you want to hear, my man. Don't for a second think i'd waste my time trying to have a legitimate debate with you.

JerseysFinest
07-14-2012, 04:29 PM
Johnson really isn't that good. Sure he is a nice complimentary SG who can score in a few different ways, but he routinely shrinks in the playoffs, and his contract is ridiculous to the point where it hurts his organization.

Meh, i'm not being a homer or anything, but I think the first part of your claim has to do more with the fact that with the Hawks, he was expected to do much more than what he'll have to do with Brooklyn. He was expected to be their leader and anchor, and he's shown that he isn't truly built for that role. With the Nets, playing next to a player like Williams, he can relinquish that role and commit to attacking the basket, spotting up for open shots, getting others involved, etc.

Chill_Will_24
07-14-2012, 04:31 PM

The bolded is the key to my point. To a team like the Nets that have stated over and over that money is not an issue and an owner that laughs at the luxury tax, why is Johnson's contract even a topic of conversation?

Did i say he earns his money? All the Nets need him to do is what he did in PHX when he had less pressure to perform. All the Nets need from him is to do what he does.

In ATL the pressure was on him to create for himself and others as well. Nobody except him could create their own shot. In BK the team belongs to Deron and the only thing JJ has to do is not suck.

Does he suck? Will he hurt the team in any way? I doubt he hurts the team on the floor anymore than Melo does for the Knicks.

Kashmir13579
07-14-2012, 04:31 PM
His usage dropped, hence turnovers went down. They are still a problem he has, as well as going left. I hope the kid plays well, but you are really putting your eggs in the basket with this guy Kash.

Speaking of Rubio, in the 2nd half of the game we played, Rubio made him go left and he did nothing. The more teams play him, the more his flaws will emerge.

I understand that, but you made it sound like his turnovers will be more of a problem with his new "role", which i assumed meant lower USG%.

For 23 y.o. as gifted and talented as Lin, having a few flaws at this point isn't a red flag. I watched him improve and learn on the fly during his historic run. God forbid the kid gets an off-season and a full season under his belt before we assume he won't improve his flaws.

In the 4th quarter of the game we played, Rubio cost his team any chance of winning with an untimely, un-clutch turnover. Anecdotes go both ways.

EDIT: Love you, Hawk. :D

RaJAxTWa
07-14-2012, 04:32 PM
If they get Howard then they are. Deron is overrated and Johnson isn't the all star player he once was

we will see about that, the entire knicks roster is overrated...melo, stoudemire, lin...you want me to keep going?

LongIslandIcedZ
07-14-2012, 04:33 PM
What do you expect him say?

With Lin,Melo,Amar'e, and Chandler in the lineup, the Knicks played very well. Their prime to be a top defensive team again next year, they should rebound ok. Nets could be very good too, but why dont we let them play a game or two together before we crown them the kings of NY. As I see it, they are extremely vulnerable in the post defensively, and if they dont get Humphries back, they will be a bad rebounding team. It will be a crazy intense rivalry and I'm looking forward to it. I just dont see how you can proclaim them the better team already, especially after the Knicks finished 18-6 under Woodson before running into Lebron.

Chill_Will_24
07-14-2012, 04:36 PM
You hear what you want to hear, my man. Don't for a second think i'd waste my time trying to have a legitimate debate with you.

I am just repeating what you said "my man" so that you can see how ridiculous you sound. If JJ was paid like JJ Reddick ppl would claim how good he is but would his contract change his game or productivity on the court at all? Nope.

Joe Johnson is not a bad player and regardless of what he is paid will help the Nets

Jarvo
07-14-2012, 04:37 PM
I think the Knicks better, But Giants the number one team in NY

Kashmir13579
07-14-2012, 04:37 PM
I am just repeating what you said "my man" so that you can see how ridiculous you sound. If JJ was paid like JJ Reddick ppl would claim how good he is but would his contract change his game or productivity on the court at all? Nope.

Joe Johnson is not a bad player and regardless of what he is paid will help the Nets

Stop clownin' man. You gotta actually bring it if you want a competent response form me. Use ya head.

KniCks4LiFe
07-14-2012, 04:41 PM
the entire knicks roster is overrated...melo, stoudemire, lin...you want me to keep going?

me: what?... yo momma.

Kashmir13579
07-14-2012, 04:42 PM
The problem with this is nobody acknowledges that Lin is an awesome player that will make the Knicks better. Thats the wild-card that nobody wants to acknowledge.

justinnum1
07-14-2012, 04:45 PM
The problem with this is nobody acknowledges that Lin is an awesome player that will make the Knicks better. Thats the wild-card that nobody wants to acknowledge.

He's a wild card because no one knows if he will be as good as your making him sound. Especially when teams game plan for him. Can he be very good, sure. But he needs to show it. He is still very turnover prone, and has trouble going left.

How can you call him a wild card and also say he is an awesome player? He is a wild card because unbiased people aren't going to overreact to a sample size.

Chill_Will_24
07-14-2012, 04:45 PM
Stop clownin' man. You gotta actually bring it if you want a competent response form me. Use ya head.

Now i am lost. I just want you to explain to me how Joe Johnson is a bad player if you remove the overpaid label and how he needs to "play like a max player" in order for the Nets to be better than the Knicks.

You can keep dismissing me with your cool swagg talk but you are the one that originally brought up JJ and his contract as if had anything to do with what he does on the court.

Does the fact that ATL gave him a bad contract make him less effective player?

Does his play in ATL dictate how he will perform with BK in a new role?

i am just trying to have a conversation with you "my man". Why you think im "clownin" you? I am being serious.

Kashmir13579
07-14-2012, 04:48 PM
He's a wild card because no one knows if he will be as good as your making him sound. Especially when teams game plan for him. Can he be very good, sure. But he needs to show it. He is still very turnover prone, and has trouble going left.

How can you call him a wild card and also say he is an awesome player? He is a wild card because unbiased people aren't going to overreact to a sample size.

Because i think he's an awesome player, but its still a wild-card for me as to how good he will be this year.

I'm confident he will be very good, just not sure how good.

beasted86
07-14-2012, 04:48 PM
Awww suki suki now!

Jarvo
07-14-2012, 04:49 PM
me: what?... yo momma.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6oykkBvux1r4adpoo2_500.gif

KniCks4LiFe
07-14-2012, 04:49 PM

lets fix this right now. The horrible notion that Stephen A. Smith began, Lin could always go left, he went right, he went left, the problem is he couldn't finish strong w/ his left. Y'all act like it's suspect dribble on that one side, it ain't, it's that he doesn't finish as good on that side, hence "he can't go left"

RonE Coleman
07-14-2012, 04:50 PM
Now i am lost. I just want you to explain to me how Joe Johnson is a bad player if you remove the overpaid label and how he needs to "play like a max player" in order for the Nets to be better than the Knicks.

You can keep dismissing me with your cool swagg talk but you are the one that originally brought up JJ and his contract as if had anything to do with what he does on the court.

i am just trying to have a conversation with you "my man". Why you think im "clownin" you? I am being serious.

You know the same argument could be applied to amare right? If he was making 10 mil per year NO ONE would be complaining about the 17 and 8 he had last year.

rocket
07-14-2012, 04:50 PM
He's right.

Chill_Will_24
07-14-2012, 04:51 PM

Lin was an awesome player for about a week and a half while key players in the Knicks team were out and when D'Antoni was coach. Lin had a great stretch of games then came back down to earth.

Lin could be a great rotational player but a starter? 26 games does not prove that. As someone already said, when the scouting report came out on him and players figured out how to play him he looked less than average.

Kashmir13579
07-14-2012, 04:51 PM

His contract does not correlate with his mediocrity. I never said he was a bad player.

theheatles
07-14-2012, 04:52 PM
Brook vs Amare, whoever wins this battle, wins the city

Chill_Will_24
07-14-2012, 04:53 PM
Because i think he's an awesome player, but its still a wild-card for me as to how good he will be this year.

I'm confident he will be very good, just not sure how good.

Of course you do. You are a Knicks fan. I being a Nets fan think Toko Shengelia will be a 6'9 version of Manu Ginobli. Does it make me right?

Dont state opinions as fact. Just because you THINK Lin is an awesome player does not make him one

b@llhog24
07-14-2012, 04:55 PM
You mean this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwWVdWtvVTI

No I meant this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIIo6GNW70k

:laugh2:

KniCks4LiFe
07-14-2012, 04:55 PM
Brook vs Amare, whoever wins this battle, wins the city

I actually think it's going to be decided by who makes their team better.

JR Smith and Melo

or

Gerald Wallace and JJ

Kashmir13579
07-14-2012, 04:56 PM
People talk out of their ***** more with Lin than probably any other player. When the scouting report came out Lin adjusted. Like people didn't expect his numbers to go down when the ultimate ball-stopper returned to the line-up? Keep clinging to that one game against the best defense and NBA champs. No other player has ever been crucified so much over one regular season game.

Kashmir13579
07-14-2012, 04:56 PM
Of course you do. You are a Knicks fan. I being a Nets fan think Toko Shengelia will be a 6'9 version of Manu Ginobli. Does it make me right?

Dont state opinions as fact. Just because you THINK Lin is an awesome player does not make him one

LOL you're so cute.

Kerv_the_Knick
07-14-2012, 04:57 PM
troll thread...

ball4reel
07-14-2012, 04:58 PM
Both teams have big IFS on there roster. Can Lin play up to his potential, can Lopez stay healthy, Can Stat get his game back, How much can JJ really help his team. It wont be till All-star break before we will be able to judge either team..

I just dont think JJ will do enough for the Nets to make them that much better. I think Brooks will be playing better the him by the end of the yr..If Lopez stays healthy and improves his game then i feel the Nets will be trouble

Kashmir13579
07-14-2012, 04:59 PM
I honestly think its a wash talent-wise. People sleeping on Marshon Brooks as well, he could be a stud.

It comes down to defense, imo.

QueensG
07-14-2012, 05:00 PM
nets ain't going to be ****

KniCks4LiFe
People talk out of their ***** more with Lin than probably any other player. When the scouting report came out Lin adjusted. Like people didn't expect his numbers to go down when the ultimate ball-stopper returned to the line-up? Keep clinging to that one game against the best defense and NBA champs. No other player has ever been crucified so much over one regular season game.

what you mean when somebody that needed 25-30 touches a game to get his stroke affected Lin? LIES! lols

I honestly think its a wash talent-wise. People sleeping on Marshon Brooks as well, he could be a stud.

It comes down to defense, imo.

I love watching that kid shoot. Skies the limit if he plays D.

Chill_Will_24
You know the same argument could be applied to amare right? If he was making 10 mil per year NO ONE would be complaining about the 17 and 8 he had last year.

I agree. Which is what i was trying to explain to Kashmir before he went all online-swagg on me and defensive.

I have never claimed Amare to be a bad player. I actually think he is good. Overrated and overpaid but definitely good.

Saying a player needs to play up to his contract in order to help his team win games is ridiculous. JJ is definitely severely overpaid. Does he need to "play like a max player" in order for the Nets to be successful? No.

EDIT: How many max player in the league actually play like max players? How many athletes ever "earn" their money? Not Melo, not JJ, not Amare, not Bosh, not Lopez... not.. you get it.

Contracts should not be brought up when discussing how a player will help his team.

Kashmir13579
07-14-2012, 05:02 PM
I agree. Which is what i was trying to explain to Kashmir before he went all online-swagg on me and defensive.

I have never claimed Amare to be a bad player. I actually think he is good. Overrated and overpaid but definitely good.

Saying a player needs to play up to his contract in order to help his team win games is ridiculous. JJ is definitely severely overpaid. Does he need to "play like a max player" in order for the Nets to be successful? No.

EDIT: How many max player in the league actually play like max players? How many athletes ever "earn" their money? Not Melo, not JJ, not Amare, not Bosh, not Lopez... not.. you get it.

Contracts should not be brought up when discussing how a player will help his team.

So essentially you're jumping down my throat, for making the same argument that you did, in spirit. Nice.

"All this talk about Amar'e needing to revert to form, how about JJ plays like a max player for the first time in his career"

Read between the lines.

KNICKS R BACK
07-14-2012, 05:03 PM
no surprise who this thread came from...OP is notoriously known for being butthurt about the knicks...like the second poster said what did you expect JJ to say?...in terms of the nets they are a good team but im not worried about them. i know my team is superior and we'll see when we play next season! point blank period!

RonE Coleman
07-14-2012, 05:04 PM

Fair enough.

Chill_Will_24
His contract does not correlate with his mediocrity. I never said he was a bad player.

What makes you say he is mediocre? Again, if you dont consider what he is paid.

Kashmir13579
I love watching that kid shoot. Skies the limit if he plays D.

Yeah i got to see a lot of him in the Big East. Great player.

Chill_Will_24
07-14-2012, 05:05 PM
No I meant this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIIo6GNW70k

:laugh2:

Oh ok. Yea Lin is the best PG in the NBA.

Chill_Will_24
07-14-2012, 05:06 PM
LOL you're so cute.

Great argument. You win. I lose.

NYSPORTSALLDAY
07-14-2012, 05:06 PM
Breakng News: A player who plays on a team thinks that his team is good and talks good about them. :cool:

wake me up when the season starts. Nice bait thread by the Heat fan.

LOL. This

Ebbs
07-14-2012, 05:07 PM
Yay I want this intensity. Melo and Deron should ****ing hate each other.

JerseyPalahniuk
07-14-2012, 05:07 PM
Troll post.

Waste of a thread.

This. Saw the conference, Joe's a shy, kinda awkward dude. in Front of YEW YORK media he's asked a question and he says something exciting rather than something politically correct. For you Knicks fans, Deron responded, "We'll see how it plays out on the basketball court"

We have to wait till we actually PLAY to determine this. Nets don't even have their full roster figured out yet. Months left.

Chill_Will_24
07-14-2012, 05:11 PM

Well that ultimate ball stopper is going to be there for the few years so what makes you think Lin will be a starting caliber PG with Melo and Amare there. Not to mention that D'Antoni and Woodson are to completely different coaches

Kashmir13579
07-14-2012, 05:12 PM
What makes you say he is mediocre? Again, if you dont consider what he is paid.

He doesn't do much else other than score. Talking about his scoring, he doesn't do it at what i would consider to be a notably efficient clip. He's never led his teams in PER or WS/48 and has fallen out of the top 3 in those categories during several seasons. He has never performed well in the playoffs.

I think at a rudimentary level, that just about covers it.

And before you snap back that some or all of that can be said about Carmelo, I agree! But Carmelo is still better. If you'd like me to explain how, i can do that too.

Chill_Will_24
07-14-2012, 05:13 PM
So essentially you're jumping down my throat, for making the same argument that you did, in spirit. Nice.

"All this talk about Amar'e needing to revert to form, how about JJ plays like a max player for the first time in his career"

Read between the lines.

There is nothing to read there except that you are implying Johnson needs to somehow earn the ridiculous contract he was given in order to be an effective player

StarvingKnick22
07-14-2012, 05:14 PM
That's simply not true... And we all know that

Kashmir13579
07-14-2012, 05:14 PM
Well that ultimate ball stopper is going to be there for the few years so what makes you think Lin will be a starting caliber PG with Melo and Amare there. Not to mention that D'Antoni and Woodson are to completely different coaches

Lin was still a starting caliber PG with those two in the line-up, he just wasn't putting up MVP numbers anymore.

Kashmir13579
07-14-2012, 05:15 PM
There is nothing to read there except that you are implying Johnson needs to somehow earn the ridiculous contract he was given in order to be an effective player

Plenty of players can play like "max players" without living up to a 125 million dollar contract or whatever it is.

Chill_Will_24
07-14-2012, 05:20 PM
Yay I want this intensity. Melo and Deron should ****ing hate each other.

Sad thing is i dont get why people assume Nets and Knicks have this intense bad blood rilvalry when in fact they dont. Some Nets fans just have a severe inferiority complex when it comes to Knicks fans; due probably to the dark ages they endured when Kidd lead the Nets to the finals in front of half filled arenas and nobody in NY or NJ caring.

None of my Knicks fan friends even care about the Nets or know there is supposed to be a rivalry :laugh2: I dont get it to be honest

Deron and JKidd are great friends, Chandler is a really nice guy, Lopez is too goofy to even consider hating someone, and Melo is from Brooklyn so he has no beef with them...

Rockice_8
07-14-2012, 05:22 PM
Just going from Iso-Joe to catch and shoot Joe is going to help him out. Plus he's an above average defender. JJ is going to have a very good year, Dwill is going to make sure of that.

JJ will be 18-20 ppg, 4-5 rbs, 3-4 apg with a PER around 20 and solid D. Still overpaid but a very good player.

KniCks4LiFe
07-14-2012, 05:24 PM
All I'm saying is both teams better be ready. Nets and Knicks is not some silly exhibition anymore. When the president of Brooklyn saids and I quote

"those Manhattan Knicks you've had your day" (http://youtu.be/gCqu_iy6fTU)

dems vaseline in your anus words.

Chill_Will_24
07-14-2012, 05:25 PM
He doesn't do much else other than score. Talking about his scoring, he doesn't do it at what i would consider to be a notably efficient clip. He's never led his teams in PER or WS/48 and has fallen out of the top 3 in those categories during several seasons. He has never performed well in the playoffs.

I think at a rudimentary level, that just about covers it.

And before you snap back that some or all of that can be said about Carmelo, I agree! But Carmelo is still better. If you'd like me to explain how, i can do that too.

Nope. Only a dumb*** would claim JJ to be better than Melo.

However... what makes you doubt that JJ will not play better next to a great PG like Deron and a great supporting cast like Wallace and Lopez? In ATL JJ was looked to to provide offense at every turn and he was the only player that could create his own shot. You dont think that had something to do with it?

ALL the Nets would need from JJ is to score. Anything else is bonus. So i really dont understand how his contract will prevent him from being an effective player for the Nets like he was for the Suns.

KniCks4LiFe
07-14-2012, 05:28 PM
So needless to say, Joe didn't piss me off, I expected that. But Markowitz's "Those Manhattan Knicks" like he doesn't know the name of the team. Oh man.. it's so on.

Chill_Will_24
07-14-2012, 05:28 PM
Lin was still a starting caliber PG with those two in the line-up, he just wasn't putting up MVP numbers anymore.

Jordan Farmar looked like a starting caliber PG when Deron was out with a wrist injury. Small sample size and in that span that Lin played along Melo and Amare he didnt even look good. he was not awful but he was still horrible defensively, made bad decisions, and played out of control. He looked like a backup at best.

Whether this was because of Melo and Amare will might never find out because the Knicks are stuck with them and Lin will have to figure it out

Chill_Will_24
07-14-2012, 05:33 PM
Plenty of players can play like "max players" without living up to a 125 million dollar contract or whatever it is.

That is very subjective. I would argue that few players in the league actually play like max players. Only ones i can think of are Lebron, Durant, Love, Wade, Dwight, Paul, maybe Deron, maybe Rose, and maybe Kobe

justinnum1
07-14-2012, 05:34 PM

That is very subjective. I would argue that few players in the league actually play like max players. Only ones i can think of are Lebron, Durant, Love, Wade, Dwight, Paul, maybe Deron, maybe Rose, and maybe Kobe

Only top 10 players deserve max. Neither jj or melo are top 10 tho

ee
07-14-2012, 05:36 PM
hump averaged 14 14 2.3blocks agaisnt knicks front court.... with lopez back, its fairly close.....

meloman1592
07-14-2012, 05:37 PM

Please name me 10 players better than melo...please

Chill_Will_24
07-14-2012, 05:38 PM

Agreed but it depends who you consider your top 10

Chill_Will_24
07-14-2012, 05:39 PM

That has already been discussed before. What is the point? He will give you his opinion on the top 10, you will get butt hurt and cry "foul" and give him your misguided and foolish reasons for Melo being in your top 10 and a pointless debate will ensue. Pass.

nycericanguy
07-14-2012, 05:42 PM

Agreed, JJ at this point in his career is just a volume scorer who gets 18ppg but needs 15-16 shots to do so. Not exactly an efficient player.

Amare can still get you an efficient 18ppg to go along with 8rpg. Keep in mind he's battling for rebounds now with Tyson & Melo who are both very good rebounders.

Sorry but I don't see how BK is better at all.

Knicks have a slightly better lineup, and NY's bench blows away BK's.

I have NY at around 54 wins, BK around 50 depending on what else they do.

Kashmir13579
07-14-2012, 05:42 PM
What makes you doubt that JJ will not play better next to a great PG like Deron and a great supporting cast like Wallace and Lopez? In ATL JJ was looked to to provide offense at every turn and he was the only player that could create his own shot. You dont think that had something to do with it?

I think he was still mediocre when he played with Steve Nash and a much better supporting cast than your Nets.

And i'm not making it like he won't help your team win games, all i said was he isn't that good. I don't think he is a game-breaker when comparing Knicks roster to Nets. I would argue, barring injuries, the addition of Kidd and Camby wash out the Nets addition of Joe Johnson.

ALL the Nets would need from JJ is to score. Anything else is bonus. So i really dont understand how his contract will prevent him from being an effective player for the Nets like he was for the Suns.

I thought we already established we weren't talking contract.

Kashmir13579
07-14-2012, 05:45 PM

Stop it. 'Melo has an argument for top ten but IT IS NOT GIVEN. You can't just say "'Melo is top 10" and expect it to hold up. Especially with that username. He does get more hate now that he's on the Knicks, but he was still fringe top 10 in Denver. The only difference is now his flaws are under a microscope in the Mecca and we have our haters.

yankeefan54
07-14-2012, 05:46 PM
Nets have the best single player between both.

meloman1592
07-14-2012, 05:46 PM
That has already been discussed before. What is the point? He will give you his opinion on the top 10, you win get butt hurt and cry "foul" and give him your misguided and foolish reasons for Melo being in your top 10 and a pointless debate will ensue. Pass.

Stfu...melo is top 10. I wont give u my misguided reasons because that's just the way it is. Pass

Kashmir13579
07-14-2012, 05:48 PM
Stfu...melo is top 10. I wont give u my misguided reasons because that's just the way it is. Pass

You won't give him your "misguided reasons"?!

:laugh:

KniCks4LiFe
07-14-2012, 05:49 PM
oh god... the top 10 debate.

meloman1592
07-14-2012, 05:50 PM
You won't give him your "misguided reasons"?!

Ur a well known melo hater as well...won't bother with u

ramz.n
07-14-2012, 05:51 PM
ownership perspective..nets hands down..from a financial standpoint..is there even a winner :confused:

ee
07-14-2012, 05:55 PM
all I know is whenever a star becomes available, nets will jump and wont hesitate fielding offers..... they have no leash when it comes to spending money.... except for cba of course.....

Chill_Will_24
07-14-2012, 05:55 PM
Ur a well known melo hater as well...won't bother with u

He is a well known level headed fan (except when discussing Germy Lint).

KniCks4LiFe
07-14-2012, 05:57 PM
I can picture this too

"Sometimes I dream
That he is me
You've got to see that's how I dream to be..."

DoMeFavors
07-14-2012, 05:58 PM
Well Stephen A Smith said Nets are better than Knicks
And Joe Johnson said the same

I havent heard any Knick say Knicks are better except for their fans...so I think Nets are the best team in NY.

jrm2054
07-14-2012, 05:58 PM
Nothing good will come of this thread

Kashmir13579
07-14-2012, 06:01 PM
Jordan Farmar looked like a starting caliber PG when Deron was out with a wrist injury. Small sample size and in that span that Lin played along Melo and Amare he didnt even look good. he was not awful but he was still horrible defensively, made bad decisions, and played out of control. He looked like a backup at best.

Whether this was because of Melo and Amare will might never find out because the Knicks are stuck with them and Lin will have to figure it out

You are just clueless man.. Look at you, reaching for Jordan Farmar references. You not fully comprehending the significance of Jeremy's historic run. He set records that ALL TIME GREATS could-not touch. That can't be written off by a perfect storm of circumstances, that you feel allowed Lin to perform at that level. No other "backup at best" could do what Lin did, otherwise it would've happened many times already.

meloman1592
07-14-2012, 06:03 PM
Can't wait for the games to be played so the bickering can end

DoMeFavors
07-14-2012, 06:04 PM
You are just clueless man.. Look at you, reaching for Jordan Farmar references. You not fully comprehending the significance of Jeremy's historic run. He set records that ALL TIME GREATS could-not touch. That can't be written off by a perfect storm of circumstances, that you feel allowed Lin to perform at that level. No other "backup at best" could do what Lin did, otherwise it would've happened many times already.

Its an entire different game now , Lins and 1s wouldnt cut it back in the 70's 80s 90s he would get fouled hard, unlike today. And every season someone breaks some sort of record that doesnt make them great..it could be most 3s in a 4th qrter or most assists in last 20 years or something. Lin was already a player the guys he scored more points than in their first starts were in their rookie years, Lin was a 2nd year player.

TeamSeattle
07-14-2012, 06:04 PM

I havent heard any Knick say Knicks are better except for their fans...so I think Nets are the best team in NY.

I wonder what this guy scored on his SAT's :facepalm:

KniCks4LiFe
07-14-2012, 06:05 PM
woah wait..nvm.

Chill_Will_24
07-14-2012, 06:07 PM

I am clueless and your the one putting all this stock on a week long run that a no name player nobody knew about had?

I seem to remember Jennings scoring 55pts in a game his rookie year. I remember Tyreke Evans also having some pretty historic games. You remind me of Manny Pacquiao fans who know nothing about boxing and claim Manny is the best for no other reason apparently than the fact that he is Asian

Kashmir13579
07-14-2012, 06:07 PM
Its an entire different game now , Lins and 1s wouldnt cut it back in the 70's 80s 90s he would get fouled hard, unlike today. And every season someone breaks some sort of record that doesnt make them great..it could be most 3s in a 4th qrter or most assists in last 20 years or something. Lin was already a player the guys he scored more points than in their first starts were in their rookie years, Lin was a 2nd year player.

Good for Lin.

Chill_Will_24
07-14-2012, 06:08 PM
I wonder what this guy scored on his SAT's :facepalm:

Hahaha you fail!!!! Special ed people dont take SAT's :facepalm:

DoMeFavors
07-14-2012, 06:11 PM

Actually im an Ivy League Graduate who finished as the valedictorian in 3 years.

knicksfan42
07-14-2012, 06:13 PM
Actually im an Ivy League Graduate who finished as the valedictorian in 3 years.

Community colleges have an Ivy League?

Gritz
07-14-2012, 06:13 PM
OP's goal
________

Get closer to 40k posts
Start a Nets vs Knicks flame thread

Kashmir13579
07-14-2012, 06:14 PM
I am clueless and your the one putting all this stock on a week long run that a no name player nobody knew about had?

I seem to remember Jennings scoring 55pts in a game his rookie year. I remember Tyreke Evans also having some pretty historic games. You remind me of Manny Pacquiao fans

I've already said i don't know how good he will be. I only know he will be good. Enough with the straw man.

While Jennings' 55pts and some random Tyreke achievement that was never specified, aren't as significant or impressive as Linsanity - if Lin becomes as productive as either of those guys you're already wrong about him being an "average back-up".

DoMeFavors
07-14-2012, 06:15 PM
Community colleges have an Ivy League?

I might teach as a professor at a community college down the road.

ee
07-14-2012, 06:15 PM

didn't know you only need GED to become a ESPN rep!

Gritz
07-14-2012, 06:16 PM
Actually im an Ivy League Graduate who doesn't watch sports but post on sports forum basing my opinions on players and teams off of their ratings on their respective sport video games

Fixed

Bigbadmoffo
07-14-2012, 06:16 PM
Not hard to be the best in NY:p

TeamSeattle
07-14-2012, 06:19 PM
DoMeFavors as a professor...lmao

Chill_Will_24
07-14-2012, 06:19 PM
Not hard to be the best in NY:p

Chill_Will_24
07-14-2012, 06:20 PM
DoMeFavors as a professor...lmao

Thuganomics

NYKnicksAllDay
07-14-2012, 06:21 PM

LeBron James
Kevin Durant
Chris Paul
Dwight Howard
Derrick Rose
Russell Westbrook
Dwyane Wade
Kobe Bryant
Deron Williams
Kevin Love

NYman15
07-14-2012, 06:22 PM
I think Lin has the potential to be a starting PG in this league and the potential to be in the upper tier of PG's in the NBA. I don't think he's there yet, but I think he has the tools necessary to become a very good PG. I have questions about his game, but what he did during that Linsanity run keeps sticking in my head. I don't think he's gonna score 30 points consistently like he did then, but he put up 38 against the Lakers with some of his best players out. Not many players can break the records he did and put up the numbers he did.

I think both NY teams will be good next year. I don't know who will be better, I think the Knicks will, but it's close for me. I think the Knicks with a full training camp and everyone healthy are going to click and finally start to reach their potential. I also feel the Nets will be very good and that backcourt will be very good for the Nets and I think Brook Lopez is going to have a huge year. I think it's very close.

Avenged
07-14-2012, 06:22 PM
Arguably.. but damn, the Knicks are highly underrated as well. Anyways, doesn't matter who's the best NY team, there are no trophies for that.

DoMeFavors
07-14-2012, 06:23 PM
Thuganomics

Nope, anatomy

Which is much more successful than human ink.

Chill_Will_24
07-14-2012, 06:24 PM
I've already said i don't know how good he will be. I only know he will be good. Enough with the straw man.

While Jennings' 55pts and some random Tyreke achievement that was never specified, aren't as significant or impressive as Linsanity - if Lin becomes as productive as either of those guys you're already wrong about him being an "average back-up".

Tyreke Evans became the fourth NBA player in history to ever average at least 20 points, 5 rebounds and 5 assists in his rookie year, joining Oscar Robertson (1960), Michael Jordan (1984) and LeBron James (2003)

Neither Tyreke Evans or Jennings are that good and Lin wont be anywhere near as good as them. That is MY opinion so please dont open up a can of online whoopas s on my candyas s

TeamSeattle
07-14-2012, 06:26 PM
Nets Fans: Where facts are thrown out the window.

Kashmir13579
Tyreke Evans became the fourth NBA player in history to ever average at least 20 points, 5 rebounds and 5 assists in his rookie year, joining Oscar Robertson (1960), Michael Jordan (1984) and LeBron James (2003)

Neither Tyreke Evans or Jennings are that good and Lin wont be anywhere near as good as them. That is MY opinion so please dont open up a can of online whoopas s on my candyas s

And your opinion is based on, mindless drivel?

oak2455
DoMeKate

DoMeFavors
Nets Fans: Where facts are thrown out the window.

Facts are Deron beat the Knicks by himself, and they didnt have Lopez,Wallace, or Joe Johnson then.

Chill_Will_24
07-14-2012, 06:28 PM
Nope, anatomy

What is human ink? If you are referring to my tattooing then why do you keep bringing that up? :confused: I have artistic talent and chose to channel it towards tattooing while i go to college for something worthwhile. Beats working at Taco Bell... i make great money and make my own hours :shrug:

Not all of us can be professors of necrophilia..err- i mean anatomy

Hoopin&Swoopin
Nope, anatomy

Judging from your previous posts, you do seem like quite an intellectual.

TeamSeattle
Facts are Deron beat the Knicks by himself, and they didnt have Lopez,Wallace, or Joe Johnson then.

Only because Lin beat him the previous game. Maybe if Deron Williams played that way every game the Nets would of actually went somewhere last season. It took a no name player to finally make him play to his potential (wins over stats).

nicegoing
07-14-2012, 06:31 PM
Not gonna bother making a new thread but Billy King said JJ and DWill were a better combo than Nash and Kobe....

http://www.complex.com/sports/2012/07/nets-gm-billy-king-claims-deron-williams-and-joe-johnson-are-better-than-kobe-bryant-and-steve-nash

Chill_Will_24
07-14-2012, 06:32 PM
And your opinion is based on, mindless drivel?

Based on the fact that Lin played great for only about a week and a half then reverted back to below average play and i have no evidence to suggest he will go back to above average play seeing as one of the major variables that caused his decline in play (Melo) after Linsanity, is still on the team and will be the focus of the team. Not to mention that i do not see that much talent in Lin. Just a back up PG that played great for a stretch and will return to earth with more minutes and games under his belt

DoMeFavors
07-14-2012, 06:33 PM
Only because Lin beat him the previous game. Maybe if Deron Williams played that way every game the Nets would of actually went somewhere last season. It took a no name player to finally make him play to his potential (wins over stats).

Im sure he will be monivated this year. Listen Deron can guard Lin, he might have had trouble that first game. But Lin cannot guard Deron at all. Lin is light and small and Deron is a big pg. Jr Smith is also smaller than a big 2 guard Joe Johnson who can play sg. Melo and Gerald Wallace, Melo is better but it depends on Gerald defense, both are good rebounders. Amare has trouble against Humphries and Chandler has trouble with Lopez. Lopez doesnt have to guard Chandler since his offense sucks.

TeamSeattle
07-14-2012, 06:33 PM
Not gonna bother making a new thread but Billy King said JJ and DWill were a better combo than Nash and Kobe....

http://www.complex.com/sports/2012/07/nets-gm-billy-king-claims-deron-williams-and-joe-johnson-are-better-than-kobe-bryant-and-steve-nash

Here's the funniest part of the article. I guess strong baseless opinions just runs in the nets.

Hmm. Better? Let's think about this. Nash and Kobe have a combined 3 Most Valuable Player awards and 5 NBA Championships while Deron and Joe Johnson have totaled 0 MVPs and 0 chips in their collective careers. Need we say more?

NYKnicksAllDay
07-14-2012, 06:34 PM

Here's the funniest part of the article. I guess strong baseless opinions just runs in the nets.

Hmm. Better? Let's think about this. Nash and Kobe have a combined 3 Most Valuable Player awards and 5 NBA Championships while Deron and Joe Johnson have totaled 0 MVPs and 0 chips in their collective careers. Need we say more?

Career achievements do not impact who is better right now.

nicegoing
07-14-2012, 06:36 PM
So you agree with Billy King and think a Joe Johnson and Deron Williams combo is better than Steve Nash and Kobe Bryant combo? hmmm ok.

Aust
07-14-2012, 06:37 PM
Arguably.. but damn, the Knicks are highly underrated as well. Anyways, doesn't matter who's the best NY team, there are no trophies for that.

This.
We all knew what was going to happen when this thread was made.

Hoopin&Swoopin
07-14-2012, 06:37 PM

I'm not sure how people don't understand what you're trying to say. To discredit what Lin accomplished in the short amount of time that he played is straight foolish. I understand the sample size argument that people make, but anybody who says that he looked like a below average/backup PG in the time that we actually saw him is wearing blinders.

I also see people making the argument that he turned into this below average PG when Melo/STAT came back, but if you look at the game logs, (or actually watched the games as I'm sure many people who are making these foolish arguments did not) it was clear that Lin still played at a high level. Although the quality of play may not have been as high as it was during "Linsanity" it still was very solid.

However, as I'm pretty sure you're saying, no one knows what Lin is going to turn into. He could get better or maintain close to the level of play that he displayed (which I think is likely) or he could regress (which is certainly possible). Adding on to what I mentioned above, people who say Lin will play at a below average level are not basing it on the product that they actually saw on the court during the 2011-2012 season.

NYKnicksAllDay
07-14-2012, 06:38 PM
So you agree with Billy King and think a Joe Johnson and Deron Williams combo is better than Steve Nash and Kobe Bryant combo? hmmm ok.

Did I say that? No I did not. I am simply saying that he needs to come up with a better argument than career achievements, because they have no impact on who is currently better.

DoMeFavors
07-14-2012, 06:38 PM

Nash cant guard a fly and both are past their primes. While Deron and Joe are both in their primes. I dont even see how a Nash and Kobe combo works and fits.

nicegoing
07-14-2012, 06:39 PM
This message is hidden because DoMeFavors is on your ignore list.

Hoopin&Swoopin
07-14-2012, 06:40 PM
Based on the fact that Lin played great for only about a week and a half then reverted back to below average play and i have no evidence to suggest he will go back to above average play seeing as one of the major variables that caused his decline in play (Melo) after Linsanity, is still on the team and will be the focus of the team. Not to mention that i do not see that much talent in Lin. Just a back up PG that played great for a stretch and will return to earth with more minutes and games under his belt

I'm not sure what you're referring to here. Look at his game logs. He may not have played at the level that he did during "Linsanity" during the latter stretch of his play last year, but he definitely was not below average. He did have down games, (Miami) but for the most part he played quite well. Just look at the facts man.

Hoopin&Swoopin
07-14-2012, 06:41 PM
Nash cant guard a fly and both are past their primes. While Deron and Joe are both in their primes. I dont even see how a Nash and Kobe combo works and fits.

Is this based on any facts other than your gut feeling?

Kashmir13579
07-14-2012, 06:42 PM
I'm not sure how people don't understand what you're trying to say. To discredit what Lin accomplished in the short amount of time that he played is straight foolish. I understand the sample size argument that people make, but anybody who says that he looked like a below average/backup PG in the time that we actually saw him is wearing blinders.

I also see people making the argument that he turned into this below average PG when Melo/STAT came back, but if you look at the game logs, (or actually watched the games as I'm sure many people who are making these foolish arguments did not) it was clear that Lin still played at a high level. Although the quality of play may not have been as high as it was during "Linsanity" it still was very solid.

However, as I'm pretty sure you're saying, no one knows what Lin is going to turn into. He could get better or maintain close to the level of play that he displayed (which I think is likely) or he could regress (which is certainly possible). Adding on to what I mentioned above, people who say Lin will play at a below average level are not basing it on the product that they actually saw on the court during the 2011-2012 season.

Yes, yes, and yes!

The posters who hold that sentiment are basing it on absolutely nothing.

Hoopin&Swoopin
07-14-2012, 06:45 PM
Yes, yes, and yes!

The posters who hold that sentiment are basing it on absolutely nothing.

I'm pretty sure that people will respond to my post saying that he didn't play at a high level after Linsanity because that is subjective. However, I don't think there is any objective metric that will show Lin played at a below average level after Linsanity, and that is a fact.

DoMeFavors
07-14-2012, 06:45 PM
Is this based on any facts other than your gut feeling?

Also Joe Johnsons shoots a higher fg % than Mr Kobe

Hoopin&Swoopin
07-14-2012, 06:48 PM
Also Joe Johnsons shoots a higher fg % than Mr Kobe

Are you trying to say that Joe's a better shooter than Kobe? If that's the point you're making then this isn't an argument worth having.

Kashmir13579
07-14-2012, 06:50 PM
I'm pretty sure that people will respond to my post saying that he didn't play at a high level after Linsanity because that is subjective. However, I don't think there is any objective metric that will show Lin played at a below average level after Linsanity, and that is a fact.

When you talk about small sample-size there is something to be said about having seen every. single. game. in that small sample-size. There are people who know what they are talking about, then there are people who know what they are talking about. When the numbers back it up, all the better.

Hoopin&Swoopin
07-14-2012, 06:55 PM
When you talk about small sample-size there is something to be said about having seen every. single. game. in that small sample-size. There are people who know what they are talking about, then there are people who know what they are talking about. When the numbers back it up, all the better.

I agree. I don't go making outlandish statements about players on the Nets, because I honestly haven't watched all the games. However, I try to soak up every minute of Knicks basketball that I can so I watched every Lin game intently. I just wish fans of other teams when do the same.

It's awesome to have a product like this on the court considering how bad it was for the past 10/15 years. I understand that a lot of people have jumped on this bandwagon since the team got STAT and Melo (they usually don't understand the history of being a Knicks fan), but as someone who has watched this team through the Layden and Isiah years, I'm just happy to watch a competitive team.

waveycrockett
07-14-2012, 07:02 PM
Are you trying to say that Joe's a better shooter than Kobe? If that's the point you're making then this isn't an argument worth having.

He is a better 3pt shooter and a better spot up shooter. Thats not Kobes game. Kobe is the games best finisher and used to be the best at creating his own shot. Nobody ever confused him with being a pure shooter. Thats why alot are skeptical of a Nash/Kobe tandem. JJ is a better shooter.

Chill_Will_24
07-14-2012, 07:04 PM

Ill give you the benefit of the doubt there cuz i didnt watch ALL 20somethin games Lin played but i just dont see a great deal of talent there but thats just me. I cant help how you see things any more than you can help how i see things.

I dont think Lin is that talented. Overhyped, overrated, and now overpaid.

Chronz
07-14-2012, 07:07 PM
Somewhat agree, JJ doesn't have to play like a star but if he slips at all then that AS backcourt isn't so impressive. I wonder how he meshes with DWill. In fact both of their swings have age concerns.

I take it back, I want to pick the Nets because they have the best player, were a .500 team with their starting lineup and have added JJ. But I guess the talent disparity isn't that huge even if Amare doesn't come back.

But there is no conversation if they have Dwight.

Hoopin&Swoopin
07-14-2012, 07:09 PM
Ill give you the benefit of the doubt there cuz i didnt watch ALL 20somethin games Lin played but i just dont see a great deal of talent there but thats just me. I cant help how you see things any more than you can help how i see things.

I dont think Lin is that talented. Overhyped, overrated, and now overpaid.

I'll give the the overpaid but you are basing everything I bolded off of pure intuition and that's all there is. The numbers as well as the impression that people got actually watching all of the games, (not just Linsanity) contradict your argument.

Chill_Will_24
07-14-2012, 07:11 PM
I'll give the the overpaid but you are basing everything I bolded off of pure intuition and that's all there is. The numbers as well as the impression that people got actually watching all of the games, (not just Linsanity) contradict your argument.

Its not an argument. Its my opinion. We will find out soon enough. Hopefully he doesnt get injured cuz i wanna see what he can do

Hoopin&Swoopin
07-14-2012, 07:12 PM
Its not an argument. Its my opinion. We will find out soon enough. Hopefully he doesnt get injured cuz i wanna see what he can do

Got it, glad we cleared this up.

NYKnicksAllDay
07-14-2012, 07:18 PM
Not arguing JJ is better than Kobe because that's just stupid. However, I found it interesting that last year, JJ's ORtg, DRtg, WS, & WS/48 were all better than Kobe's.

RonE Coleman
07-14-2012, 07:24 PM

And I think your a fat girl who gets confused for a man. Does that make me right? Probably

RonE Coleman
07-14-2012, 07:27 PM
The nets will be able to score points next year, that is not a question.

But can someone tell me whose playing defense for them? The only above average defender is Wallace. The nets interior defense will be abused next year.

And don't say the Knicks don't play defense because they were the 5th most efficient defense last year with a starting line up that featured both Melo and Amare.

NYKnicksAllDay
07-14-2012, 07:32 PM

But can someone tell me whose playing defense for them? The only above average defender is Wallace. The nets interior defense will be abused next year.

And don't say the Knicks don't play defense because they were the 5th most efficient defense last year with a starting line up that featured both Melo and Amare.

I'd be willing to bet their perimeter defense will be pretty good though.

Kashmir13579
07-14-2012, 07:34 PM
Somewhat agree, JJ doesn't have to play like a star but if he slips at all then that AS backcourt isn't so impressive. I wonder how he meshes with DWill. In fact both of their swings have age concerns.

I take it back, I want to pick the Nets because they have the best player, were a .500 team with their starting lineup and have added JJ. But I guess the talent disparity isn't that huge even if Amare doesn't come back.

But there is no conversation if they have Dwight.

Maybe i went a bit far, but thats a bridge we'd have to cross when we got there. You can only gut your team so many times.

mkdo
07-14-2012, 07:35 PM

don't be fooled man, they have five good players and that's it.

waveycrockett
07-14-2012, 07:37 PM

Our defense was actually worse last season without Lopez. He is legit 7 foot 1 and blocks shots. Something Shelden Williams and Johan Petro sucked balls at

DoMeFavors
07-14-2012, 07:38 PM

Deron and Joe play good defense

Young2Kinsler
07-14-2012, 07:51 PM
The Nets should have a competitive battle for a bottom 2 playoff spot with their bloated payroll.

GoPacers33
07-14-2012, 07:51 PM
Troll post.

Waste of a thread.

exactly

Young2Kinsler
07-14-2012, 07:52 PM
I mean hell, that's assuming JJ alone can win them enough games to be even in playoff contention, unlike the past few years.

Evolution23
07-14-2012, 07:53 PM
Nets bench is awful

JayStar-8
07-14-2012, 07:57 PM
The Knicks should have a competitive battle for a bottom 2 playoff spot with their bloated payroll.

fixed.

$KnicksAndKobe$
07-14-2012, 08:06 PM
It will take time for the Nets to find chemistry. They don't even have a bench yet

I have them eventually in the 6th seed

JayStar-8
07-14-2012, 08:24 PM
It will take time for the Nets to find chemistry. They don't even have a bench yet

That's a good point. However, I don't think that will be a problem since the Nets pieces compliment each other very well, especially if they get a pf that is a good rebounder and defender. If they re-sign hump, they address that to a certain extent.

LongIslandIcedZ
07-14-2012, 08:34 PM
What are the odds of re-signing Humphries? Without him that is going to be a very poor rebounding team. It seems like not many other teams like him so he'll probably be back. That would a blow if he left though.

JayStar-8
07-14-2012, 08:39 PM
What are the odds of re-signing Humphries?

very high.

RonE Coleman
07-14-2012, 09:13 PM
Deron and Joe play good defense

Since when?

STL Don
07-14-2012, 09:37 PM
Ehh that's a very bold statement coming from Joey.
If Stat is healthy next year and in great shape, the Knicks could be looking at a very successful season.
Bringing Lin back is also key for them.

b@llhog24
07-14-2012, 10:32 PM
Someone was comparing amare to bosh saying they put up the same numbers. While true, they put up similar numbers amare is the knicks 2nd option and is needed to provide more offense. Melo is taking way to many shots on that team, wouldn;t be such an issue if he was efficient. I would say we can blame the pg for that but melo relies way to much on inefficient iso plays, something that is a woodson specialty.

He shot around the same amount of shots for his career average. :confused:

That's the problem when you troll people don't take you seriously sometimes. (I do it to so don't worry. ;))

Oh ok. Yea Lin is the best PG in the NBA.

No that would be stupid, he's on par with Deron though; at least according to your h2h logic.

Great argument. You win. I lose.

As long as you know.

Which stretch?

justinnum1
07-15-2012, 12:01 AM

are you serious?

bron
kd
howard
wade
kobe
cp3
love
rose
westbrook
bynum
parker
dwill
dirk
irving

all those guys are better than melo

lmao

Young2Kinsler
07-15-2012, 12:04 AM
fixed.

You are right, Nets have to even get in the playoff picture first before they fight for a seed.

MadBomber
07-15-2012, 01:50 AM
troll post.

Jj: Omg, the knicks rock! We suck!

Waste of a thread.

+1

EasternStar
07-15-2012, 01:59 AM
Knicks got the Beaver, while the Nets are getting a better bench and team.

Chill_Will_24
07-15-2012, 07:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b94l8u-Aqhs

nuff said

todu82
07-15-2012, 01:32 PM
I agree. Actually it wouldn't surprise me to see the Nets make the playoffs and for the Knicks to miss them altogether.

MetroMan
07-15-2012, 01:43 PM
Can some explain to me how this team all of a sudden is a top east team???

They have the same team like last year but only with a horrid jj

JayStar-8
07-15-2012, 01:46 PM
You are right, Nets have to even get in the playoff picture first before they fight for a seed.

If by fight for a seed, you mean fight for the 2 seed then you are right.

The east will be wide open this season. The Heat are clearly the top team. After that you got the Nets, Pacers, Celtics, Bulls and Knicks all fighting for the high seeds.

You think Dwill would have choose the Nets over Dallas if they were just trying to get into the playoff picture? If that's the case, then what does that say about Dallas LOL.

Who do you have as clearly better than the Nets in the east and why?

JayStar-8
07-15-2012, 01:57 PM
Can some explain to me how this team all of a sudden is a top east team???

They have the same team like last year but only with a horrid jj

you are so wrong.

The Nets completely revamped their roster this offseason. The only returning full time players are Dwill, MarShon Brooks, and Kris Humphries.

Lopez only played 5 games last season. Gerald Wallace only played around 15 since he was acquired right at the trade deadline. Joe Johnson is a new addition, coming off 6 straight all star appearances. How is that horrid? Mirza Teletovic was the top scorer in Europe last season. The Nets bench is filling out nicely as well. They got MarShon Brooks, Kris Humphries, C.J. Watson already. They are gonna fill the remain spots with solid veterans like Jerry Stackhouse and rookies like Tyshawn Taylor and Toko Shengalia.

The Nets have a top 7 player at the PG, SG, SF, and C position. Plus, their PF was the top player in Europe last season. As long as the Nets fill the remaining spots on their bench with solid players, they will be a top team.