PDA

View Full Version : Phils readying substantial offer for Cole Hamels

More-Than-Most
07-13-2012, 08:43 PM
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/8162263/philadelphia-phillies-preparing-sizable-offer-cole-hamels

Dont give me the phillies forum crap lol... This means a ton to many other teams

nirvana235
07-13-2012, 08:45 PM
Lemme guess... 10 year/300 million? Would be something Amaro would do...

CHRISDODGERS
07-13-2012, 08:48 PM
FDCH will not stand for this

sexicano31
07-13-2012, 09:05 PM
Booooooo

Angry Norwegian
07-13-2012, 09:06 PM
Phillies forum

PhillyOwnsAll
07-13-2012, 09:15 PM
Hamels will be traded to Texas for 3B prospect Mike Olt and others. Polanco's off the books next year and the Phillies need to highly touted prospect in the farm. Phil's will offer him a huge contract in the off season

metswon69
07-13-2012, 09:17 PM
It would be crazy for him not to test the open market, even if the Phillies offer a substantial amount of money.

I am sure the Dodgers will pony up quite a lot of money this offseason to bring the California kid back to California.

Ruben Amaro is writing his own pink slip...

Jenceman
07-13-2012, 10:07 PM
Please dont sign!

Dark Donnie
07-13-2012, 10:13 PM
Hamels wants to return so I think something could get done.

TO Rapz
07-13-2012, 10:47 PM
Don't sign Future Jay!

CHRISDODGERS
07-13-2012, 11:07 PM
Don't sign Future Jay!

:facepalm: FDCH laughs at you

Chucky Woods
07-13-2012, 11:26 PM
FUTURE
DODGER
COLE
HAMELS

Am I right???

More-Than-Most
07-14-2012, 12:04 AM
:facepalm: FDCH laughs at you

When he resigns with the phillies you and fella VRP will need a shoulder to cry on...I am here for you both :D

ciaban
07-14-2012, 12:06 AM
yeah it's going to have to be more than what Matt Cain got, Cole has been as successful in a much more difficult park and is Left handed. Unless they really blow him away, all their going to do is give him a starting point to negotiate from come this winter

ciaban
07-14-2012, 12:06 AM
When he resigns with the phillies you and fella VRP will need a shoulder to cry on...I am here for you both :D

lol yeah they will, but so will I lol

bringinwood
07-14-2012, 12:44 AM
yeah it's going to have to be more than what Matt Cain got, Cole has been as successful in a much more difficult park and is Left handed. Unless they really blow him away, all their going to do is give him a starting point to negotiate from come this winter

They have a number in mind... If they offer hamels 6@140, Cole's gonna sign... If they offer him 5@90, Cole will be testing the water in November...

If Cole thinks he's getting his best offer now, hes signing...

No chance he risks losing 30 or 40 mil because other teams bid him down in free agency...

nostradamus84
07-14-2012, 01:10 AM
I heard on WIP this evening that the Phillies were preparing an offer around the 6 year 125-130M range for Cole. They also said the sticking point for Hamels was the length of the contract and not the money. Who knows though....

SenorGato
07-14-2012, 01:23 AM
“That would show signs that they’re obviously wanting to go out and win,” said the Philadelphia Phillies’ Cole Hamels, the left-hander who might choose to be that guy, “and that they want to do it fairly soon. Not on a 6-to-10-year plan.”

Who's he talking about?

That's right, your Chicago Cubs.

“But if they don’t view me or see me in their plans, then obviously I have to go outside to look, and the Cubs would be a team I would be more than happy to [consider],” he told the Sun-Times, “just because of the fact the city hasn’t won, they’re a baseball town, like Philly, and I think seeing Theo there, obviously trying to build a team, that shows they do want to win, which obviously excites anyone.”

“I think they’re starting to get some good young talent, and that’s kind of what we did, and how we won,” he said of a Phillies team that has been to the playoffs for five consecutive years, including the 2008 championship and 2009 NL pennant. “We built around home-grown talent and then got a few good pieces to [add to] it. That’s where you have to start. And if that’s what the Cubs are doing, then they have a good vision.

“And anybody that ever has the opportunity to play for that city and win in that city, they’ll take that memory forever, and a lot of people would be really jealous that they weren’t part of that team.’’

ciaban
07-14-2012, 02:52 AM
They have a number in mind... If they offer hamels 6@140, Cole's gonna sign... If they offer him 5@90, Cole will be testing the water in November...

If Cole thinks he's getting his best offer now, hes signing...

No chance he risks losing 30 or 40 mil because other teams bid him down in free agency...

so pretty much what i said lol

and if he doesn't take their offer will they really not try to sign him in the off season, their offer isn't going anywhere

sf-fanatic
07-14-2012, 04:12 AM
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/8162263/philadelphia-phillies-preparing-sizable-offer-cole-hamels

Dont give me the phillies forum crap lol... This means a ton to many other teams

Have you ever heard of the PHILLIES FORUMS? :facepalm:

:p

JNev
07-14-2012, 04:54 PM
I dont know why hed wanna stay on that sinking ship...

gaughan333
07-14-2012, 09:38 PM
Do they really have this much money?

ciaban
07-14-2012, 10:47 PM
Do they really have this much money?

that's a good question, though he is already making 15 mil so bringing him to 25 or so is just a raise of 10 mill, but still their already at 172 mill

d79cheese
07-14-2012, 10:58 PM
that's a good question, though he is already making 15 mil so bringing him to 25 or so is just a raise of 10 mill, but still their already at 172 mill

They also have raises for Lee, Howard, Papelbon, and Pence coming up in the next few seasons.

Dark Donnie
07-14-2012, 11:14 PM
Not 100% they're keeping Pence. They're only are committed to Rollins, Howard Lee and Papelbon after 2013. They have the money to sign him. He also wants to stay because this is his new home as he's stated plenty of times. Lives here tear round and has set up charities as well.

If he does leave I doubt it will be for a west coast team.

ciaban
07-14-2012, 11:25 PM
Not 100% they're keeping Pence. They're only are committed to Rollins, Howard Lee and Papelbon after 2013. They have the money to sign him. He also wants to stay because this is his new home as he's stated plenty of times. Lives here tear round and has set up charities as well.

If he does leave I doubt it will be for a west coast team.

he will pitch for who ever pays, living in california is really nice, where he grew up (san diego) has the prettiest beaches prettiest women and the nicest weather,

Dark Donnie
07-14-2012, 11:51 PM
We'll see I guess. His previous comments seem to indicate he wants to pitch on the East Coast

ciaban
07-16-2012, 06:09 AM
We'll see I guess. His previous comments seem to indicate he wants to pitch on the East Coast

his previous comments are lip service if he said growing up he always loved and respected the phillies and it was his dream to play in Illidelphia while growing up in san diego would you believe him? I'm sure he has grown comfortable where he is and loves his team mates, but i reiterate he will play for who ever pays if it's on the east coast, west coast, mid west, deep south or Pacific North West.

MetsFanatic19
07-16-2012, 09:52 AM
i could definitly see them signing hamels and trying to trade halladay or lee. kind of like the mets with david wright

gmanthree15
07-16-2012, 02:02 PM
Offering Hamels a contract is the first step in trading him. When he turns down the deal, he'll be traded. It gives them protection from their fans. "We offered him a reasonable deal, he turned it down, so we got better prospects for him than we would have gotten by letting him walk."

VRP723
07-16-2012, 02:06 PM
He's smart enough to know that there's no reason to resign mid-season. A bidding war in the offseason makes him the most money.

ciaban
07-18-2012, 02:18 AM
offering hamels a contract is the first step in trading him. When he turns down the deal, he'll be traded. It gives them protection from their fans. "we offered him a reasonable deal, he turned it down, so we got better prospects for him than we would have gotten by letting him walk."

this

Pinstripe pride
07-18-2012, 08:03 AM
still think he gets traded

mgsports
07-18-2012, 09:51 AM
To the Rays to throw off the Yankees.

JackB
07-18-2012, 10:04 AM
What team is going to give up one or two top prospects for a rental? They'll need him to sign an extention first before agreeing to make a trade. It only takes one team to do that . BUT. That team has to really think they have a shot at winning it all and keeping Hamels. He's being paid 13 million this year. He'll be looking for 20 million or more for 3-4 years . I think he stays in Philly. Through the season anyway. Teams would rather trade for somebody like Dempster who is also in a contract year but much cheaper. Shields who is under control for a couple of years. IMO.

Pinstripe pride
07-18-2012, 10:17 AM
What team is going to give up one or two top prospects for a rental? They'll need him to sign an extention first before agreeing to make a trade. It only takes one team to do that . BUT. That team has to really think they have a shot at winning it all and keeping Hamels. He's being paid 13 million this year. He'll be looking for 20 million or more for 3-4 years . I think he stays in Philly. Through the season anyway. Teams would rather trade for somebody like Dempster who is also in a contract year but much cheaper. Shields who is under control for a couple of years. IMO.

the dodgers, because i doubt he's a rental for them

SenorGato
07-18-2012, 10:35 AM
Luckily the Dodger farm system is a wasteland.

bringinwood
07-19-2012, 08:20 PM
I think hamels gets signed... they aren't fielding anymore trade offers... both sides look like they want this to get done... I bet it gets done soon...

as for the talks about a bidding war, rarely does that happen...

what is more likely to happen is the dodgers down bid hamels... The Phillies get a discount and hamels is kicking himself for not taking the best offer now...

I highly doubt Los Angeles comes close to Philly offer

Dark Donnie
07-19-2012, 08:57 PM
He's not leaving Philly

sexicano31
07-19-2012, 09:26 PM
I think hamels gets signed... they aren't fielding anymore trade offers... both sides look like they want this to get done... I bet it gets done soon...

as for the talks about a bidding war, rarely does that happen...

what is more likely to happen is the dodgers down bid hamels... The Phillies get a discount and hamels is kicking himself for not taking the best offer now...

I highly doubt Los Angeles comes close to Philly offer

Jokes. So. Many. Jokes

More-Than-Most
07-19-2012, 09:35 PM
a poster in our forum posted this....Also the offer is up to 6 years 144

Discussions Pick Up For Hamels, Phillies

By Ben Nicholson-Smith [July 19, 2012 at 2:18pm CST]
The Phillies and the agent for Cole Hamels have recently picked up the pace of discussions regarding a possible extension for the left-hander, Jayson Stark of ESPN.com reports. The discussions indicate that the Phillies intend to make a major push to sign Hamels to a long-term contract before the July 31st trade deadline.

The Phillies are now willing to offer Hamels a six-year deal -- a first for any starter in Phillies history -- Stark writes. Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports confirms that the Phililes are willing to offer six years (Twitter link). The Phillies are sending signals that they're planning to make an initial six-year offer for $130MM or so, Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com reported yesterday. John Boggs, who represents Hamels, will weigh Philadelphia’s offers against the possibility of a lucrative multiyear contract in free agency a few months from now.

Teams that have spoken to the Phillies say the club has put trade talks involving Hamels on hold, according to Stark. Those teams say they’ve been more interested in discussing deals involving other players. However, the Phillies have prepared for the possibility of trading Hamels by scouting the prospects of rival teams.