PDA

View Full Version : Would Nobody Have Taken On Scola In A Trade?

JasonJohnHorn
07-13-2012, 06:19 PM
I dunno... I may be way off on this one, I am, after all, one of the few people who thinks Jordan is NOT the greatest player to ever play the game, and I also think Kris Humphries is worth 10 mil for his rebounding alone, but that said: Is there seriously nobody in the league would have taken on Scola from the Rockets. I mean, he's a pretty good forward, seems to have a good attitude, doesn't make a disgusting amount of money. Wouldn't have somebody like the Bobcats or Dallas taken him on? It seems like Houston is so desperate to rent Howard for a season that they aren't think straight or exploring all their options.

So am I just an idiot, or is Houston's front office just not thinking straight right now?

Chronz
07-13-2012, 06:22 PM
I dont like that they amnestied him but Morey isnt the kind to not try and trade players. Its much more likely that they couldnt trade him and since they are rebuilding or aiming for Dwight, they have no use for him.

justinnum1
07-13-2012, 06:22 PM
they want to rid scola and take nothing back. i guess no one wanted him.

MavsFever
07-13-2012, 06:25 PM
wish the mavs would have pick him up, good role play to back up dirk.

llemon
07-13-2012, 06:26 PM
Can't be sure.

From what I've been observing, the past 13 days have been utter chaos, with the exception of a few teams.

The current NBA is handling itself in a way that is incredibly baffling to me.

king4day
07-13-2012, 06:30 PM
I dont like that they amnestied him but Morey isnt the kind to not try and trade players. Its much more likely that they couldnt trade him and since they are rebuilding or aiming for Dwight, they have no use for him. they know a team will claim him and take on the bulk of his contract. That's probably all they want

JasonJohnHorn
07-13-2012, 06:31 PM
Can't be sure.

From what I've been observing, the past 13 days have been utter chaos, with the exception of a few teams.

The current NBA is handling itself in a way that is incredibly baffling to me.

OMG YES!!! Indy is the only team making moves that is actually being rational. Well... Lakers pull off the Nash trade to... and I can't wait to see Nash and Gasol run the pick and roll!

This Howard drama needs to end soon though. This is crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And how about Jose Calderon... on the block, TO looking to give him away for nothing.... smh...

StarvingKnick22
07-13-2012, 06:32 PM
i chose the first option cause your obviously not an idiot. :cool:

Kyben36
07-13-2012, 06:32 PM
I like him and think lots of teams would have, but the Rockets want cap space, meaning a team would need to be able to take his full contract. something that only a few teams like the Suns have, and if that team doesnt like him, a deal cant be struck.

310Casper
07-13-2012, 06:33 PM
Couldn't houston trade scola for some lame 2nd round draft picks and cash from some good team (meaning draft picks mean nothing).

They would take on some meaningless picks instead and can save their amnesty for the future on a player that really deserves it

EDUTEXANS
07-13-2012, 06:37 PM
no without taking contracts back

Reports were that the Nets were interested on him, but soon after that they traded for JJ. Still, Houston would've taken expirings for him, they want cap space

Kucka
07-13-2012, 08:14 PM
Sweet if he clears waivers then he can sign with MIA like everyone else does for vet min.

The NBA is awesome and not flawed at all.

Giraffes Rule
07-13-2012, 08:46 PM
Morey probably asked every team with cap space if they were interested in a trade and didn't find any. It's all about clearing cap space.

broncosfan4eva
07-13-2012, 09:17 PM
Ya could have got something back but no1 had a trade exception to take his contract straight up and the rockets didn't want salary coming back in a trade

EDUTEXANS
07-13-2012, 09:21 PM
and if you're a team with cap space, it would make no sense trading for a guy who could be amnestied

Chronz
07-13-2012, 10:47 PM
OMG YES!!! Indy is the only team making moves that is actually being rational. Well... Lakers pull off the Nash trade to... and I can't wait to see Nash and Gasol run the pick and roll!

This Howard drama needs to end soon though. This is crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And how about Jose Calderon... on the block, TO looking to give him away for nothing.... smh...

Indy just gave Collison and DJ away for nothing.

NBA-GMaster
07-13-2012, 11:49 PM
I want to see Scola on THUNDER or Bulls..

ATLPRIMETIME21
07-14-2012, 12:10 AM
I think Scola has started to decline and the Rockets made the right move. The only other possible scenario was trade him for draft picks but like everyone else is saying there are only a handful of teams with the available cap space to take on his contract and they probably didnt want him

bearadonisdna
07-14-2012, 12:36 AM
Im shocked that the Magic wouldnt take back scola in a trade. Didnt they lose ryan anderson?

Young2Kinsler
07-14-2012, 12:47 AM
Hope Dallas gets Scola as well. Long term insurance at C with Kaman and Brand on 1 year deals.

theheatles
07-14-2012, 08:48 AM
someone had to been willing to give a 2nd rd pick